Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 14, 2020 6:45 AM

Oct 2019
Out of curiosity and in "the spirit of Valentine's day," what is your biggest turn-off when it comes to being in a relationship with someone? It could be physically, personality or whatever you think of. It could be if they hate animals, is short or fat, or someone who doesn't like to tip... let me know what you think :)
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 14, 2020 6:57 AM

Jul 2015
Probably people who judge those on their weight and treat them as lesser people.
I have multiple health conditions that contribute to making weight loss so fucking hard even with a restricted diet that were left untreated till a few years ago (Doctor took that long to pick up the ball) now im losing weight but jeez let me tell you

Being told by someone "eww i wouldn't date him he is overweight" means that if you turn around and want to date me i'm 1000% not going to date someone that shallow

Also people who put looks as one of their major factors in picking someone they want to date even though i rarely get called ugly and usually get the opposite (which is weird as i think i am ugly but whatever i guess i should trust strangers on their opinion) imo Looks are a factor in a relationship but are very minor in the scheme of things.

If your going to judge whether someone is dateable or not whether on if they are attractive or not ......honestly hard pass and i have passed people for this before.

Some would argue "But everyone wants someone they find attractive" which sure i agree but writing off others ESPECIALLY when you have fucking feelings for them because of looks is just....yikes seen it happen to so many people in my life that it's a red flag / turn off.

My next one is kinda tame in comparison but smoking.
Feb 14, 2020 7:20 AM
Jul 2018
A reality tv type of woman or a single mum. Also can’t stomach stretch marks. And no spitting or swearing. And I don’t like stupid people.
removed-userFeb 15, 2020 6:12 AM
Feb 14, 2020 7:26 AM
Feb 2017
Ryulightorb said:
Probably people who judge those on their weight and treat them as lesser people.
I have multiple health conditions that contribute to making weight loss so fucking hard even with a restricted diet that were left untreated till a few years ago (Doctor took that long to pick up the ball) now im losing weight but jeez let me tell you

Being told by someone "eww i wouldn't date him he is overweight" means that if you turn around and want to date me i'm 1000% not going to date someone that shallow

Also people who put looks as one of their major factors in picking someone they want to date even though i rarely get called ugly and usually get the opposite (which is weird as i think i am ugly but whatever i guess i should trust strangers on their opinion) imo Looks are a factor in a relationship but are very minor in the scheme of things.

If your going to judge whether someone is dateable or not whether on if they are attractive or not ......honestly hard pass and i have passed people for this before.

Some would argue "But everyone wants someone they find attractive" which sure i agree but writing off others ESPECIALLY when you have fucking feelings for them because of looks is just....yikes seen it happen to so many people in my life that it's a red flag / turn off.

That seems quite silly. I for one want both looks and personality to be equally important. If someone is fat, then no I will not date them since I don’t find being overweight attractive. If they’re extremely hot, but with a terrible personality I don’t want to date them since they are a disgusting human being. You can be a super nice and funny person, but if I look at you and I don’t find you attractive, I don’t want to date you and eventually be your partner. If you are an attractive girl but you’re a douche, I don’t want to date you.
Feb 14, 2020 7:33 AM

Jul 2015
BlakexEkalb said:
Ryulightorb said:

That seems quite silly. I for one want both looks and personality to be equally important. If someone is fat, then no I will not date them since I don’t find being overweight attractive. If they’re extremely hot, but with a terrible personality I don’t want to date them since they are a disgusting human being. You can be a super nice and funny person, but if I look at you and I don’t find you attractive, I don’t want to date you and eventually be your partner. If you are an attractive girl but you’re a douche, I don’t want to date you.

Well to me discounting someone as a choice based on not finding them attractive is silly i have dated people i wasn't physically attracted to as much as others.

I'm not saying someone SHOULDN'T not date someone because they don't find them attractive because sure if you don't find them attractive and have no feelings why would you.

But to have feelings for someone then not date them or give it a go because you don't find them attractive just seems.....stupid to me and quite silly.

IMO if you have feelings and they are true that will always outweigh whether you find the person attractive or not and as feelings grow you generally become attracted to that person.

But your welcome to your opinion as much as you find my opinion silly i find yours silly we are all unique in our opinions likes and dislikes and heck even what is important to us.

You do you is all i can say if you don't want to date someone even if you had deep feelings with someone because you don't find them attractive that's fine you shouldn't be shamed for that AT ALL just to me that sort of a person is a turnoff :P
Feb 14, 2020 7:38 AM
Feb 2017
To answer the question, being overweight, having a terrible personality, being a hoe, having a lot of ex's(?), treating others badly, having a bad work ethic, being dumb/low IQ, already losing your virginity in high school, etc. That’s all I can think of off the top of my head.
Feb 14, 2020 7:39 AM

Oct 2019
Someone who doesn't have/ doesn't want to incorporate an active lifestyle. Health is very important to me so I'd want someone to continue living healthy with.
Feb 14, 2020 8:18 AM

Oct 2019
BlakexEkalb said:
To answer the question, being overweight, having a terrible personality, being a hoe, having a lot of ex's(?), treating others badly, having a bad work ethic, being dumb/low IQ, already losing your virginity in high school, etc. That’s all I can think of off the top of my head.

sorry if I'm being nosy, but what's wrong with having lost one´s virginity in high school in your opinion?
Feb 14, 2020 8:22 AM

Aug 2014
Not being a pervert, jealousy and not being into nerd stuff.
Feb 14, 2020 8:22 AM

Jul 2015
HybenWinther said:
BlakexEkalb said:

sorry if I'm being nosy, but what's wrong with having lost one´s virginity in high school in your opinion?

Probably assumes if they lost it in high school they have low morals or something i assume but i wouldn't think much of it people have weird turn offs i mean look at what i wrote even he called my turn off "silly"

Feb 14, 2020 8:25 AM

Mar 2018
Ryulightorb said:
HybenWinther said:

Probably assumes if they lost it in high school they have low morals or something i assume but i wouldn't think much of it people have weird turn offs i mean look at what i wrote even he called my turn off "silly"

But your turn off indeed is quite silly. If you find yourself fine with compromising on stuff such as that then by all means do go ahead. I on the other side refuse to settle for anything less.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Feb 14, 2020 8:27 AM

Jul 2015
Luchse said:
Ryulightorb said:

But your turn off indeed is quite silly. If you find yourself fine with compromising on stuff such as that then by all means do go ahead. I on the other side refuse to settle for anything less.

I mean the virginity thing is far more sillier imo.
It's all a matter of perspective hence my comment about how he found my turn off silly yet doesn't find his own silly turn off silly.

Opinions and subjectivity everywhere hence he don't question it we are all going to have turn offs others find silly or stupid that's the name of the game.
Feb 14, 2020 8:33 AM

Jul 2016
Boredom, I guess? Being physically attracted to the person is good, sure, but if a conversation with them is like talking to a brick wall, then what's the fucking point?
Feb 14, 2020 8:43 AM

Oct 2019
Ryulightorb said:
HybenWinther said:

That could be it, but I am just very curious as to his personal reasoning since it´s not a turn of many people have I guess

Feb 14, 2020 8:44 AM

Jul 2015
HybenWinther said:
Ryulightorb said:

That could be it, but I am just very curious as to his personal reasoning since it´s not a turn of many people have I guess

im curious also now ngl guess we will find out
Feb 14, 2020 8:50 AM
Jul 2018
A hard pass for me would be someone that is close minded. And rudeness, yeah I won't tolerate that shit. Infidelity as well.
Feb 14, 2020 8:52 AM
Jan 2019
Probably bullies and those who follow them. I witnessed quite a few times where one person is being a bastard towards someone and the other person just goes along with it cause they're a couple. One of my former classmates had a limp and couldn't walk well and this dude just kept planting his feet so he'd trip while his girlfriend just watched or even joined in.
Feb 14, 2020 9:08 AM
takodachi

Jan 2020
If they the type to throw a middle finger when taking pics. Like fr just get out of my face

𝒫𝑜𝓅 𝒶 𝓅𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝒾𝓂𝓂𝑜𝓇𝓉𝒶𝓁𝒾𝓏𝑒𝒹
𝒯𝒽𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽𝓉 𝓅𝓇𝑜𝒸𝑒𝓈𝓈 𝑜𝓋𝑒𝓇𝓇𝒾𝒹𝑒
𝒫𝓊𝓇𝒾𝒻𝓎 𝓂𝓎 𝓅𝑜𝒾𝓈𝑜𝓃𝑒𝒹 𝓂𝒾𝓃𝒹

Feb 14, 2020 9:16 AM
Feb 2017
HybenWinther said:
Ryulightorb said:

For me, if they lose their virginity it shows they don’t have self-control. Unlike many other people, I don’t see sex as a “hit and run” with every single girl you meet. I personally want to do it with a girl I know I’ll be with for a long time, furthermore to strengthen our bond.
Feb 14, 2020 9:18 AM
Jul 2018
Nutella71 said:
Probably bullies and those who follow them. I witnessed quite a few times where one person is being a bastard towards someone and the other person just goes along with it cause they're a couple. One of my former classmates had a limp and couldn't walk well and this dude just kept planting his feet so he'd trip while his girlfriend just watched or even joined in.

And you were just standing there and "witnessing" that? You should've borrowed your classmate walking crutch and beat the shit out of those idiots!
Feb 14, 2020 9:20 AM

Nov 2016
Honestly, all you have to do at this point is be normal. I have literally no other requirements. Just for fuck's sake, be normal.
Feb 14, 2020 9:25 AM

May 2018
For physical i'd just say crooked teeth but it doesn't matter that much. Personality wise idk probably someone who is mean to other people or if they have committed crimes. I'm not that picky probably because I've never been in a relationship before.

SPRING

Feb 14, 2020 9:32 AM
Jan 2019
BallistikJuice said:
Nutella71 said:

And you were just standing there and "witnessing" that? You should've borrowed your classmate walking crutch and beat the shit out of those idiots!
Oh I was the one out of the crowd to help him get up and walk him to the classroom. We helped each other quite a lot after that incident. But that time I was terrified since the guy was 2 heads taller than me,could beat me to a pulp and I was also his target to terrorize.
Feb 14, 2020 9:49 AM
Jan 2012
When "girl" has penis or higher level of testosterone than me.
As an disgusting thing deemed by moderation team, I am now purged from this place.
Feb 14, 2020 10:37 AM

Oct 2019
BlakexEkalb said:
HybenWinther said:

For me, if they lose their virginity it shows they don’t have self-control. Unlike many other people, I don’t see sex as a “hit and run” with every single girl you meet. I personally want to do it with a girl I know I’ll be with for a long time, furthermore to strengthen our bond.

I hope you don't mind that I keep picking your brain about this. I get what you mean when you say that sex isn't a "hit and run" thing for you, but what if the person was in a committed, long term relationship before losing their virginity in high school? Is it okay then?

Feb 14, 2020 10:56 AM

May 2013
Smell.

I am super obsessive over hygiene and cleanliness so the smell of dirty genitals weirds me the fuck out.

YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE
Feb 14, 2020 11:37 AM
Feb 2017
HybenWinther said:
BlakexEkalb said:

I hope you don't mind that I keep picking your brain about this. I get what you mean when you say that sex isn't a "hit and run" thing for you, but what if the person was in a committed, long term relationship before losing their virginity in high school? Is it okay then?

I still wouldn’t be really fine with it. There is a difference between marriage (or what a marriage SHOULD be, not what society deems as aka “I hope this works out! ” instead of “This will last forever”) and being in a relationship. Relationships break, and unlike marriages, I perceive them as temporary and can easily be broken as they are basically training wheels for the real thing.

If you’re still confused about the marriage thing and how I deem it, think about how much society will just say “I love you” to every single person they even remotely have connections with. 1 week into a relationship? “I love you!”. 3 days in the relationship? “love you so much!”. It’s a word that has been over saturated and changed by society into a meaningless word that people throw out on a whim. This is basically what sex has become for society, a meaningless thing that everyone will do and not bat an eye at.
MegaStrideFeb 14, 2020 11:41 AM
Feb 14, 2020 12:17 PM

Jul 2007
I'm not a fan of smegma-coated axe murderers if I'm being brutally honest.
Feb 14, 2020 12:22 PM

Aug 2010
>I'm not a fan of smegma-coated axe murderers if I'm being brutally honest.

bigot
Feb 14, 2020 3:07 PM

Jul 2016
not being "down to earth" type person (or acting like u are better than others all the time)

being narrow-minded

not wanting to try new stuff (kinda goes hand-in-hand with the second point)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 14, 2020 3:41 PM

Mar 2016
I dislike cheating women and women who hide their bitchyness.
Feb 14, 2020 4:13 PM

Mar 2008
Judgmental holier than though attitude
Uptight and hostile
Selfish narcissist
Greatly overweight with cellulite

I'm not super picky but I clearly can keep going with this list but I'm bored with it and don't feel like focusing in negative things
Feb 14, 2020 4:56 PM

Jan 2017
Thanakos said:
Honestly, all you have to do at this point is be normal. I have literally no other requirements. Just for fuck's sake, be normal.
lol sorry, normal doesn’t exist
everybody’s got something
Feb 14, 2020 5:08 PM

Nov 2017
Meanness to waiters and other service workers.

Well, treating others poorly in general makes someone awful, but whenever I was on a date, I always made sure to pay close attention to how she treated other people. Especially those in service staff.

I feel like that can reveal a lot about someone's character
Feb 14, 2020 5:26 PM

Aug 2009
In recent years, the "spoiled princess" persona.

Feb 14, 2020 5:46 PM

Dec 2015
Mexicans...and now I wait for the mods to delete this comment.
Feb 14, 2020 7:19 PM

Sep 2007
People who like shoujo and romance anime and are from Denmark.

Feb 14, 2020 7:42 PM

Feb 2015
Windows 10's updates before shutting down.
Feb 14, 2020 9:03 PM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
I'd say those who suggest a "everyone does it with everyone" type of relationship
If I'm gonna spend my time on somebody it better be worth my time; cheaters aren't welcome. Go do that to someone else if there's a need for that, just not to me.

I'd rather be single and doing all sorts of awesome stuff by myself, than be miserable in a relationship worrying about which one of my acquaintances my SO decided to bed this time.
Feb 14, 2020 11:05 PM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Hard to say, there are so many honorable mentions here... but when it comes to the most common physical traits - being fat. It's just disgusting to say the least.

Of course I'll still be nice to you and respect your rights but a relationship - impossible. If it's a close friend I'll just be honest with them and recommend some programs that can help them lose weight but yet again I don't have any friends who are overweight.

Feb 15, 2020 12:28 AM
Jan 2020
Generally irl, I don't care.

But however, I hate everyone in this thread, judging by their replies.
Feb 15, 2020 1:53 AM
Jul 2018
Physically:
- Really bad hygiene. Nothing is worse than that.
- Being morbidly overweight or a huge beer belly.
- People who don't care about their appearance at all.
- someone with a sunken posture and head down etc, because they are shy.
- For men: really not into most of the super manly guy with huge muscles, beard and a very manly face.
- For women: also not too much into really tomboyish women with a pretty masculine appearance and behavior.

Personality:
The classics and self-evident stuff? Unempathic, lying to me, unloving... etc.
and of course people don't have to agree with me on everything, but I never would have dated right winged extremists or someone who is seriously homophobe etc. The second one is because I have self-respect, I guess.

There are some "neutral" personality traits that could become a problem, if they are more extreme. For example shyness or social anxiety. Some guy was really interested in me, he didn't tell me, but I was very sure. He was likeable and kinda good-looking, but I really never felt at ease with him, because he had so much social anxiety that I had to buy a ticket for the train
for him once etc.
And I think he didn't want to change himself either, because he really refused my idea of doing something against it more than once. It's not meant maliciously, but I couldn't see myself with him at all.

Another thing is also: people with no self-reflection and aren't able to or don't want to change. I have had and still have such people in my family and don't need that. This is one of the worst things. You are wasting a lot of energy on them for nothing and they never think they did anything wrong, because they got no self-reflection.

Something else that is often overlooked: Having totally unlikeable friends. How should I live with that in the relationship and also, I really think that your environment tells a lot about yourself as well.
And these guys, yes it's mostly guys, who are totally mommy's boy while being a grown-ass adult and listen to her every time. In general pretty immature adults. I'm not going to babysit.

Ryulightorb said:

I really understand that it's more complicated, if you already have feelings for that person, and then it becomes a bit less important, but the question was about generalized stuff people find not attractive.

I don't feel attracted to really masculine guys or women as well and that's just oddly specific for myself, I think I couldn't help it.
That doesn't mean I trest them "lesser people" either, it would be very hard to overcome this as well. Maybe not impossible, but I can't see myself being able to tbh.

HybenWinther said:
BlakexEkalb said:

They aren't holy waifus anymore, I guess?
Someone being sex-obsessed is a big turn off to me as well, but this lol
Especially because you are between 14-18(!) in high school. I imagine it like "woow, you hoe lost your virginity before you were 30!? With 16, 17, 18!!? You whore!"
removed-userFeb 15, 2020 2:21 AM
Feb 15, 2020 2:57 AM
Jan 2012
Maneki-Mew said:

- For men: really not into most of the super manly guy with huge muscles, beard and a very manly face.

There are some "neutral" personality traits that could become a problem, if they are more extreme. For example shyness or social anxiety. Some guy was really interested in me, he didn't tell me, but I was very sure. He was likeable and kinda good-looking, but I really never felt at ease with him, because he had so much social anxiety that I had to buy a ticket for the train
for him once etc.
And I think he didn't want to change himself either, because he really refused my idea of doing something against it more than once. It's not meant maliciously, but I couldn't see myself with him at all.

And these guys, yes it's mostly guys, who are totally mommy's boy while being a grown-ass adult and listen to her every time. In general pretty immature adults. I'm not going to babysit.

> be into low testosterone soyboys
> complain that they soyboy

Just change your class to full time lesbian, there is no point for you to trouble with males.
As an disgusting thing deemed by moderation team, I am now purged from this place.
Feb 15, 2020 3:01 AM

Mar 2008
imtired8 said:

Why? Turn offs aren't the same thing as dealbreakers...or maybe you didn't really read every post and just are focused on a few specific people you don't want to address directly
Feb 15, 2020 3:21 AM

Oct 2019
Nek0 said:
People who like shoujo and romance anime and are from Denmark.

I feel very targeted... it literally hurts my soul tbh
Røvhul ;)
Feb 15, 2020 4:43 AM

Jul 2015
Maneki-Mew said:
Physically:
- Really bad hygiene. Nothing is worse than that.
- Being morbidly overweight or a huge beer belly.
- People who don't care about their appearance at all.
- someone with a sunken posture and head down etc, because they are shy.
- For women: also not too much into really tomboyish women with a pretty masculine appearance and behavior.

Personality:
The classics and self-evident stuff? Unempathic, lying to me, unloving... etc.
and of course people don't have to agree with me on everything, but I never would have dated right winged extremists or someone who is seriously homophobe etc. The second one is because I have self-respect, I guess.

for him once etc.

Another thing is also: people with no self-reflection and aren't able to or don't want to change. I have had and still have such people in my family and don't need that. This is one of the worst things. You are wasting a lot of energy on them for nothing and they never think they did anything wrong, because they got no self-reflection.

Something else that is often overlooked: Having totally unlikeable friends. How should I live with that in the relationship and also, I really think that your environment tells a lot about yourself as well.

Ryulightorb said:

I really understand that it's more complicated, if you already have feelings for that person, and then it becomes a bit less important, but the question was about generalized stuff people find not attractive.

I don't feel attracted to really masculine guys or women as well and that's just oddly specific for myself, I think I couldn't help it.
That doesn't mean I trest them "lesser people" either, it would be very hard to overcome this as well. Maybe not impossible, but I can't see myself being able to tbh.

HybenWinther said:

They aren't holy waifus anymore, I guess?
Someone being sex-obsessed is a big turn off to me as well, but this lol
Especially because you are between 14-18(!) in high school. I imagine it like "woow, you hoe lost your virginity before you were 30!? With 16, 17, 18!!? You whore!"

i get that i was just putting out something that is a personality trait or honestly not sure the word is to use but something that is definitely a turn off to me.

A turn off is a turn off in my books complicated or not reactions like i stated are things that turn me off of liking someone haha
Feb 15, 2020 4:45 AM

Jul 2015
traed said:
imtired8 said:

Why? Turn offs aren't the same thing as dealbreakers...or maybe you didn't really read every post and just are focused on a few specific people you don't want to address directly

They can be the same thing but usually your right they aren't
Feb 15, 2020 4:56 AM

Dec 2019
Bad smell, imo bad smell is the worst
Feb 15, 2020 5:16 AM
Jul 2018
HybenWinther said:
BlakexEkalb said:
To answer the question, being overweight, having a terrible personality, I being a hoe, having a lot of ex's(?), treating others badly, having a bad work ethic, being dumb/low IQ, already losing your virginity in high school, etc. That’s all I can think of off the top of my head.

I lost mine at 16 (seduced) but I wanted to keep it until I was married. Also wanted to marry a girl who was also a virgin so I can relate.
Feb 15, 2020 5:44 AM

Mar 2008
Ryulightorb said:
traed said:

They can be the same thing but usually your right they aren't

At first thought it would seem all dealbreakers are turn offs and not all turn offs are dealbreakers however a dealbreaker ironically can be a turn on if it's something someone knows is bad for them. For example turned on by abusive jerks with it being a dealbreaker in a moment of thoughtful decision over giving into lust.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Is this forum dead? It seems like it.

DesuMaiden - 7 hours ago

12 by MalchikRepaid »»
35 minutes ago

» Will aliens finally appear this century?

Absurdo_N - Apr 7

46 by Hikinekomori »»
42 minutes ago

» Global enviroment ( comments )

SyrupPastryNice - 10 hours ago

11 by KittenCuddler »»
49 minutes ago

» How do you process death?

Lightskynight - Apr 14

35 by DesuMaiden »»
1 hour ago

» do you like the fandom of your fave musical artists ??

ame - Today

9 by Rurihime »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.