Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 6 Discussion

Bofuri: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense.
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 12, 2020 5:39 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah yes, MMORPG has social networks which means Maple wanting to build a guild together isn't something totally surprising.

The trick is forming a group together with so many diverse skills though. Luckily, Maple is someone who can make friends with easily.
Feb 12, 2020 6:07 AM

Apr 2010
So a guild is formed and all their friends joined they even recruited two new members who seemed to be a bit insecure about their level and powers.
There where also a bit clumsy which was funny to watch.
Well it will be nice the see how they develop tho.
Feb 12, 2020 6:36 AM
Dec 2017
At this point Maple and Sally are just flexing on everyone else, inlcuding new guild members. Wonder if they'll get healers and mages.
Feb 12, 2020 6:47 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Cool episode, now they have a guild and Maple is the guild master, it's a big yes for Yui and May, they are adorable and I love their chara design
Feb 12, 2020 7:05 AM

Oct 2007
Maple confusing gaming with real life. xD
Don't have the black armor, so the dodge ball hurts.

So nice, they have a guild now.
Time to recruit members. :)

That giant deer feels much easier this time. I guess just like in real games, a boss is easier if you already know the attack patterns

EDIT: really like this anime. I have the the ending theme cd "Play the World" pre-ordered (with poster and autograph by Riko Sasaki). ^^
Liddo-kunFeb 12, 2020 7:32 AM
Feb 12, 2020 7:08 AM
Mar 2016
Can anyone named the music that played at 04:22?
Xion69Feb 12, 2020 7:28 AM
Happy watching
Feb 12, 2020 7:47 AM

Aug 2013
Really good episode. Pretty cool that they Maple and Sally formed a guild and got new members Kasumi. Yui and May at the end were funny, destroying that table.

Feb 12, 2020 7:48 AM

Apr 2014
Maple Tree, kinda expected a name like that from Maple, lol. Also, now we have one max def loli and two max atk lolis.
Feb 12, 2020 8:12 AM

Nov 2008
I'm not surprised May and Yui are OP as well, I had that feeling from those twin sisters from the beginning.

Feb 12, 2020 8:27 AM

Jun 2012
It was funny when she pose for combat when the random guy bumped into her but the dodge ball joke was a bit of a cringe to me.

I liked the guild house and their guild name. Love the new addition of the twins as well, more players who might make the devs cry again XD....
Feb 12, 2020 8:58 AM

Jul 2014
That casual comedy about Maple mistaking MMO with RL was both adorable and funny. I want to see more of that.
Maple and Sally are too OP, and it seems those 2 pure STR type girls will be too in the coming future.
The world isnt unique let alone interesting, but the characters more than make up for it. This is so fun to watch.
Feb 12, 2020 9:23 AM

Aug 2012
Why is this only 12 episodes D: I can already tell I'll be needing more! lol
Feb 12, 2020 10:28 AM
May 2015
This episode was way too funny.
The moment when the Lolis broke the table was hilarious.

I rly love this anime.

Feb 12, 2020 10:30 AM

Aug 2015
Just how does this anime manage to be so fun???? Really, I know people say this phrase a lot, but this was really the fastest 20 minutes I've ever seen, holy shit, it didn't even feel like 5 minutes had passed and the episode had already ended!

Like, I started this episode thinking about how people would abuse this system where time goes more slowly compared to real life and I was already thinking stuff like "schools would launch softwares with the whole school programs and subjects inside and students wouldn't actually have more free time because it would increase the competition and real life expectations and their brains would fry with how much information in such a little amount of time they would get, and then...".

But fuck it, I don't care about any of this, this show delivers too much fun for me to care about such trivial matters about the impact of some time bending software in the real world, what matters is that Maple is just too adorable and the fights always looks so good and this anime is just sooo much fun (yeah, I know I already said this is too much fun three times)!!!!

Love it. Oh, and the section before the OP was really funny, I kinda wish we got the whole episode with them away from the game for a change of scenery for a bit, but the episode was great anyway.

Also, in this episode, Maple summed up the whole anime in one sentence:

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓☆ふわふわる▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ふわふわり☆▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
      BE KAWAII         
Feb 12, 2020 10:35 AM
May 2019
I like their guild house it looks nice.
Looks like Sally has mastered Shadow Clone Jutsu.
Their new members are kawaii :3 also I like how they complement Maple.
XstasyFeb 13, 2020 3:42 AM
Feb 12, 2020 11:13 AM

Jun 2017
Can't wait to see how broken those new members get lol.
Feb 12, 2020 11:55 AM

Dec 2016
That tree was a really good find.

I would definitely prefer something like that in a nice quiet forest then something in a main city.

That last part was very funny, at least we know the potential those 2 could have with maxed out strength.
Feb 12, 2020 12:04 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Lol too much gaming can indeed be quite embarrassing. Having a base that you can call home within the game though sure will be nice. Given the size of the game guilds are to be expected. Still forming a guild is an excellent move on the girls part as MMO's are far better with friends. Maple tree though sure was a nice name. Given the guild's makeup recruitment is necessary though picking up Yui and May sure was a surprising move. Though the guild at least will provide a safe place for them to get used to the game and level up safely. Sally's use of shadow clones though was a nice reference to Naruto. Though newbee's the strength of Yui and May sure was on a level equal to Maple herself. Overall a pretty calm ep that focused on expanding the scope of Maple and Sally's activities within the game via the forming of a guild. Though still small the power level of the newly christened Maple Tree is starting off on a good start thanks to the skills of its members. Im quite curious to see the skills that Yui and May bring to the table though given their strength.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 12, 2020 12:32 PM

Jul 2015
Sasuke finally got a harem lol

Feb 12, 2020 12:33 PM

May 2015
Kaede was so adorable in the real world. I was so expecting her to say "Quick Step" or whatever that skill was called when she was playing the ball game XD. Maple never ceases to be adorable.

Maple now has two kouhai who can follow in her footsteps lol. She'll teach them the ways of being broken with a maxed out stat.

Maple being the guildmaster is nice. She has the power and authority now.

Pleinair said:

This is perfect XD. Good at poison. She'll watch behind her invincible shield as her enemies slowly melt infront of her lol.
DarknessRealityFeb 12, 2020 12:36 PM
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 12, 2020 12:47 PM

Feb 2008
Maple managed to find some interesting minions. With impressive headbutting prowess, no less... The combination of Maple, May and Yui ought to be even more destructive.
Feb 12, 2020 1:20 PM

Oct 2018
sally should have been the guild master... she is way more interesting..
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Feb 12, 2020 1:34 PM

Apr 2015
That dodgeball must have hurt, no defence that can save Maple from that impact XD

A guild is formed and what a fitting guild house. Maple becoming the guild master was no surprise. She found members straight away with the friends she made at the beginning. May & Yui are interesting, Maxed out strength... This guild is going to be the embodiment of broken, can't wait to see more!

Feb 12, 2020 1:45 PM
Nov 2019
Love it - CGDCT MMO RPG brokenness. Cute likeable characters.

Everything "Infinite Dendrogram" isn't...

Feb 12, 2020 1:51 PM

Feb 2019
I was not expecting this series to become as popular as it has on here.. pretty cool. Was really nice to see how Maple and and Risa get on outside the game in school. You can take the girl out of the game, but not the game out of the girl. Guildmaster Maple is doing an awesome job already.

I love how they're just using Syrup as a primary transportation method, lol.

What I really like about this series is that it doesn't masquerade as a seriously deep show or something with a lot to take away from it. It's cute girls having fun and being happy. That's quite therapeutic and a fun way to relax in between grad school lectures. Wish more people(outside of Reddit and MAL, i.e FB, Twitter, most anime fans, etc.) would check this out
Feb 12, 2020 2:35 PM
Mar 2017
This episode took a big step in the adventures of Maple and Sally, since they are adventurers with reputation now they will form a guild

After a long event at NWO, Kaede and Risa must return to their school days, but poor Kaede suffered shameful and painful moments.

I really liked the new house of Maple and Sally is something that goes perfectly with the personality of both girls, as for the choice of Maple as a guild master, I think it was a precise choice since we know the reputation that exists about her, so that would help them a lot.
The new members of Maple guild agreed to join thanks to the warm and welcoming personality of Maple, it was already expected that Kanade and Kasumi would like the idea of ​​going on adventures with the girls, as for Chrome and Iz was also a pleasure how they joined the group.
Chrome arrives with good news, two upcoming events, one of monster hunting and the other is a battle royal of guilds, but for this event they still need more members, so Sally and Maple take care of this.
It was incredible to see how the teamwork of the members of the "Maple tree" is, Sally always emphasizing her agility and speed, as for Maple group, Kanade's skill is extremely interesting, a random skill for each day, a double-edged skill, but I'm sure that with Maple's luck will be quite useful.
I knew that Maple would invite the twin lolis she had seen a couple of episodes ago, but I never thought they would have so much in common, May and Yui maximized their attack just like Maple did with her defense, and both are equally slow Like Maple

After beating the boss of the entrance to level two, Maple introduces the two new members and they receive a warm welcome, I want to see how the members of "Maple tree" grow, I can imagine May and Yui working on team with Maple.
Feb 12, 2020 3:10 PM

Jul 2017
LOLS Kaede you should really take a rest! Confusing the game with real life isn't gonna do you any good xD

The Sabbath is taken, and Maple is back in NWO, with new updates and improvements. Now Sally and Maple can build a house, and while at it, establish their very own guild. With recurring characters (Kasumi, Kaname, Chrome, Iz), "Maple Tree" is birthed, and Maple is the Guildmaster. Would've been interesting if Sally was it instead, but take it for what it gives.

The introduction of May and Yui...breathes the same breath as Maple in full maxed-out attack and no agility. And back to the dungeon where Maple flamed out the last time, Sally takes the cake.

Just wondering if the both of them is just as broken as Maple in terms of skill...and they did...break the table (which speaks volumes). That was such a funny moment!

Another fun episode in the books!
Feb 12, 2020 3:48 PM
Oct 2017
It's weird to say, but this is a really warm anime. Especially since I'm emotionally crippling myself by rewatching Clannad lol. I was a bit annoyed when the scanlators dropped this manga, so I'm very happy to see it in anime form!

Gosh, I wish we had this tech IRL. Current VR is cool, but nowhere near this amazing lol.
Feb 12, 2020 3:53 PM

Jan 2017
The whole guild-making process happened pretty quickly, was it also like this in the source material? It'll be interesting to see how those two new members who maxed out attack develop in the future.
Feb 12, 2020 3:58 PM

Sep 2017
I'm really surprised how an average (ain't saying in a bad way) production like this anime manages to offer so much beautiful landscapes, locations and screenshots. It's really not something you could expect from that kind of anime

I just love Maple's guild HQ and where it's located. It just feels ...great.
DamuzenFeb 12, 2020 4:28 PM
Feb 12, 2020 5:16 PM

Aug 2018
This episode brought me back to my middle-school years when I used to play World of Warcraft. Some old players here might remember, but in Dalaran (Wrath of the Lich King Era) and then in Orgrimmar (Cataclysm era), there were some bugged/glitched spots where it was possible to stand on your mount even if the game didn't really allow it. And I remember standing there on my rare mounts... nobody cared but I was just happy to show off that my long weeks of afkbrain farming eventually were a success.

Feb 12, 2020 11:39 PM
Nov 2015
Looking at maple casually riding her rare giant turle pet remind me every MMO RPG player flexing their expensive mount......or pet mount.......

This anime very fun to watch.
Feb 12, 2020 11:58 PM

Aug 2018
Good Episode
7/10
Feb 13, 2020 1:16 AM
Sep 2019
Bruh the scenes at the start of this episode kinda made me cringe, well everyone makes mistakes if it's their first time but I still kinda felt cringe. The rest of the episode is mainly plot but that's okay
Feb 13, 2020 2:20 AM

Mar 2019
Guild competition, next is Worlds then I'll need to see the guild posing like your typical E-sport team..
Feb 13, 2020 2:56 AM

May 2019
Maple's creating a meta lmaooo

I hope Sally is like secretly a sadist when she gets into it bahahaha

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Feb 13, 2020 3:41 AM

Oct 2007
a few more thoughts on the episode..

wow, the twins have a Zidane level of headbutt. Destroyed the table, and they were not even trying to. :D

people are jealous that Kuromu got into Maple Guild.. well, he looks like a nice enough guy. Only thing I don't like is he casually reveals in chat about what guild members can do... this could turn into a disadvantage if he blabs something important later..

the weapon crafter Iz is now a part of the guild. I wonder if she would still charge members for her services?

nice to see Maple still has some discipline. Stayed away from the game for awhile after some awkward experiences at school. xD
Feb 13, 2020 4:37 AM

Aug 2015
DarknessReality said:
Kaede was so adorable in the real world. I was so expecting her to say "Quick Step" or whatever that skill was called when she was playing the ball game XD. Maple never ceases to be adorable.

Maple now has two kouhai who can follow in her footsteps lol. She'll teach them the ways of being broken with a maxed out stat.

Maple being the guildmaster is nice. She has the power and authority now.

Pleinair said:

This is perfect XD. Good at poison. She'll watch behind her invincible shield as her enemies slowly melt infront of her lol.

She did say nearly say cover move in the LN

BlackCicero said:
The whole guild-making process happened pretty quickly, was it also like this in the source material? It'll be interesting to see how those two new members who maxed out attack develop in the future.

Yes it was just as fast but with more info. Sally grinded out that bug and 5 million gold by farming prismatic scales from fishing.
Feb 13, 2020 5:32 AM

Jan 2014
Kinda surprised she managed to pull the Shield guy and the craft girl she met into the guild. I figured they'd already be in one lol.

Their guild if they train right is gonna end up top notch. Two shielders, one speedster, two maxed out attack, a random skill user, a craftier, and a sword user. Get a healer and people who magic and they should be set honestly. Though another shielder or two would be great also.
Feb 13, 2020 8:12 AM

Dec 2012
B O O S T E D!
Strong lolis.

Feb 13, 2020 9:26 AM
Mar 2019
This is so boring am I the only one who thinks this.
Feb 13, 2020 10:56 AM

Mar 2014
Chazea said:
This is so boring am I the only one who thinks this.

No you are not the only one, after 6 episode I think I can say that the only thing I like from this show is the cuteness !!!
Feb 13, 2020 12:12 PM

Apr 2018
So one of the people talking in the Maple's insane things post is the shield guy. Wonder if this will lead to some kind of betrayal (?)
Feb 13, 2020 1:10 PM

Mar 2010
I wouldn't mind joining that guild, would like to float on that turtle.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 13, 2020 2:30 PM

Dec 2016
Liddo-kun said:

EDIT: really like this anime. I have the the ending theme cd "Play the World" pre-ordered (with poster and autograph by Riko Sasaki). ^^

Wait! What?! Could you share the sauce bröther?
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Feb 13, 2020 2:42 PM

Dec 2016
Ellenwitch said:
Their guild if they train right is gonna end up top notch. Two shielders, one speedster, two maxed out attack, a random skill user, a craftier, and a sword user. Get a healer and people who magic and they should be set honestly. Though another shielder or two would be great also.

I would also like to add monk/martial artist (I mean martial arts are cool), merchant (so they would never need to worry about money, someone who buy rare stuff and know one or two gossip) and Bard (OST would be nice). ;)
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Feb 13, 2020 3:48 PM

Feb 2012
Interesting how Maple's name is very close to the seiyuu, I wonder if that influenced the casting, something like "hey this one sounds great and even the name is close"

also, Maple Tree is a great name and they even have a Syrup pet.
Feb 13, 2020 4:31 PM

Oct 2007
LilyWhiteheart said:
So one of the people talking in the Maple's insane things post is the shield guy. Wonder if this will lead to some kind of betrayal (?)

hopefully not! ><

anyway, he looks happy to be part of Maple Guild. :)
Feb 13, 2020 4:50 PM
Jun 2019
From the opening we know they are going to have huge hammers.
I'm wondering if they are going to be bought some breaking skills,
like how Cover Move is for Maple, also a bought skill.
Feb 13, 2020 6:29 PM
Mar 2017
Xion69 said:
Can anyone named the music that played at 04:22?

Good Night by 佐々木 李子(Sasaki Rico)
I think nobody has uploaded it to the internet yet.
https://twitter.com/sasakirico/status/1217490363272687617
https://bofuri.jp/music/
https://www.lisani.jp/0000142413/

They sell the CD for 2000 yen (According to the anime page)
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2020

95 by Gvendoline »»
Mar 1, 3:37 AM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2020

168 by Gvendoline »»
Jan 18, 3:02 PM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2020

123 by Gvendoline »»
Jan 17, 7:19 PM

» Unacceptable Developer Response to Maple (spoilers through Ep. 3) - I'm cancelling my MMO subscription

Oiisu - Jan 14, 2023

12 by Foreall908 »»
Jan 16, 9:52 PM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Jan 6, 2020

282 by Gvendoline »»
Jan 16, 5:50 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.