Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (24) « First ... « 20 21 [22] 23 24 »
Feb 12, 2020 1:56 AM

Jul 2012
Meusnier said:
-MEHMET- said:

9.0x can be a real thing after it finished airing.

Thank you for the update, but where was this announced? I did not see the score change yet.

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1824703#msg59128828

"Series Most Affected" click the spoiler tag, Chihayafuru is on it

It'll take up to a week for changes

-MEHMET- said:
Mayuka said:
finally. hopefully we see it at 8.xx to 9.xx soon.

9.0x can be a real thing after it finished airing.

For sure.
Feb 12, 2020 2:01 AM

Jun 2019
Noticeable score boost for most top 50 anime (+0.2 for almost all of top ten, and the same goes for Code Geass, Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu, etc). So the down-voters were indeed more common than boosters. Kimi no na ha becomes 7th, and Steins Gate is now at 9.14, quite an impressive change (I think that Gintama's change is the most impressive).

Edit: @-MEHMET- Thank you, I noticed that too in the meantime thanks to Mayuka's post.

To prevent from further questions, let me emphasize that the score will be fixed soon. Please refer to Kineta's post for more detailed information:

Official release

Comparing to similar scores while airing (Kimetsu, Vinland, etc), getting close of above 9 is not a dream!

MeusnierFeb 12, 2020 2:18 AM
Feb 12, 2020 2:14 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Seems to be at 8.67 now according to Kineta's post so yeah we're in the clear at last ^_^
Feb 12, 2020 2:19 AM

Jun 2019
By the way, Pingu will drop from 8.43 to 6.80, this is quite hilarious to see that it took two years to be fixed.
Feb 12, 2020 2:21 AM

Apr 2013
Meusnier said:
By the way, Pingu will drop from 8.43 to 6.80, this is quite hilarious to see that it took two years to be fixed.

Tbh without people mentioning it in the forum over and over again, I wouldn't even have noticed that its score was being screwed with.
Feb 12, 2020 2:27 AM

Jun 2019
Gator said:
Meusnier said:

Tbh without people mentioning it in the forum over and over again, I wouldn't even have noticed that its score was being screwed with.

Yes, me too, I was not paying attention to MAL scores back in the days, but it kind of became a meme on forum, so it will be nice to see it disappear from discussions.
Feb 12, 2020 2:52 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
It's finally clear! Chihayafuru 3 is at a whooping 8.67 now, courtesy the mods and everyone involved in the making of the new system!

Finally, at long last...

A shout-out to everyone who were being patient with this too.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Feb 12, 2020 3:14 AM
Apr 2018
Finally our beloved chihayafuru is back to its deserving score. Really Happy to see it.

Thank You admins. much appreciated.
Hope bots and trolls dont ruin it again xD
Feb 12, 2020 3:17 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Kipo0007 said:
Finally our beloved chihayafuru is back to its deserving score. Really Happy to see it.

It's an automated system. Any future attempts at doing the same should thus be nullified immediately. People would have to find a new angle of approach that would circumvent the new algorithms if any effect was to be had. But I'm sure they'll be updating the system in the future as well accordingly
Feb 12, 2020 4:20 AM

May 2018
Thank God the score going to change soon.
Feb 12, 2020 4:50 AM

Jun 2019
Gorochu said:

It is finally fixed. Hurrah!

I am a bit surprised that the obvious bots were not deleted. Contrary to IR, there were almost no legit users who gave it 1/10, so the false positive were not really a thing. Any ideas about that?
MeusnierFeb 12, 2020 4:53 AM
Feb 12, 2020 4:58 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Meusnier said:
Gorochu said:

I am a bit surprised that the obvious bots were not deleted. Contrary to IR, there were almost no legit users who gave it 1/10, so the false positive were not really a thing. Any ideas about that?
No need I guess. Having an automated system deleting accounts is a bit risky in case it ever makes a mistake and if they're not counted for the overall score anyway then they are harmless regardless
Feb 12, 2020 5:08 AM

Jun 2019
HaXXspetten said:
Meusnier said:

No need I guess. Having an automated system deleting accounts is a bit risky in case it ever makes a mistake and if they're not counted for the overall score anyway then they are harmless regardless

Yes, but it still strange to see these kind of stigma for new users, and it pleases the trolls who can admire their "piece of work" with scores which do not add up. I keep believing that obvious bots could be dealt with more radically (like one 1/10 show and another or two 10/10 with one log in in a month should disappear).
Feb 12, 2020 5:23 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Meusnier said:
HaXXspetten said:

Yes, but it still strange to see these kind of stigma for new users, and it pleases the trolls who can admire their "piece of work" with scores which do not add up. I keep believing that obvious bots could be dealt with more radically (like one 1/10 show and another or two 10/10 with one log in in a month should disappear).
Well I'm sure they'll further update the system in the future so we probably shouldn't say anything definitive as of yet
Feb 12, 2020 5:29 AM
Apr 2018
HaXXspetten said:
Kipo0007 said:

It's an automated system. Any future attempts at doing the same should thus be nullified immediately. People would have to find a new angle of approach that would circumvent the new algorithms if any effect was to be had. But I'm sure they'll be updating the system in the future as well accordingly

Wow thats a relief to hear. Thanks to all the admins and technical team for taking such efforts.
It actually really become a big bothersome problem and started causing people to lose faith in MAL ratings. Especially for this anime.
Glad to see things back on track. Great work again :)

Also i see a fellow Astolfo lover. salute :3
Feb 12, 2020 5:42 AM

Nov 2018
Finally the score is appropriate, thanks for the efforts at doing so.
Feb 12, 2020 5:52 AM

Apr 2010
Meusnier said:
Noticeable score boost for most top 50 anime (+0.2 for almost all of top ten, and the same goes for Code Geass, Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu, etc). So the down-voters were indeed more common than boosters. Kimi no na ha becomes 7th, and Steins Gate is now at 9.14, quite an impressive change (I think that Gintama's change is the most impressive).

Edit: @-MEHMET- Thank you, I noticed that too in the meantime thanks to Mayuka's post.

To prevent from further questions, let me emphasize that the score will be fixed soon. Please refer to Kineta's post for more detailed information:

Official release

Comparing to similar scores while airing (Kimetsu, Vinland, etc), getting close of above 9 is not a dream!

No doubt which anime changes its score most...

Feb 12, 2020 5:59 AM

Jun 2019
HaXXspetten said:
Meusnier said:

Well I'm sure they'll further update the system in the future so we probably shouldn't say anything definitive as of yet

You're right, there will probably be new updates in the coming months.
Feb 12, 2020 6:26 AM

Feb 2014
Good, is finally fixed.
Feb 12, 2020 6:48 AM

Apr 2018
Thank you very much.
Feb 12, 2020 6:51 AM
Jul 2019
Thank you very much. I'm so very happy 😍🙂
Feb 12, 2020 7:06 AM

Nov 2018
Can this thread finally be locked now that the problem is fixed? (whoever the moderator is)

My current goal is to revamp all the character details for High School DxD and have all the characters included in the DB.
MAL Badges is back bitches! Check the club for more info
Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Feb 12, 2020 7:06 AM

Feb 2019
Good to see the score restored.
Feb 12, 2020 7:11 AM

Dec 2012
lol to botter who waste their own time..
Feb 12, 2020 7:15 AM
Dec 2019
this show doesnt deserve this high of a score tbh... just some random card game anime
Feb 12, 2020 7:35 AM

Oct 2019
BobRossTree said:
this show doesnt deserve this high of a score tbh... just some random card game anime

Thats some pretty nice bait you got here.
Feb 12, 2020 7:46 AM
Dec 2019
Fionavar said:
BobRossTree said:

looking at your scores you are just a fanboy who cant take critisicm to your fav series, so i will just ignore your comment
Feb 12, 2020 7:57 AM

Oct 2019
BobRossTree said:
Fionavar said:

looking at your scores you are just a fanboy who cant take critisicm to your fav series, so i will just ignore your comment

"critism" Your comment didnt had the slightest bit of critism in it.
Feb 12, 2020 7:59 AM

Jun 2019
BobRossTree said:
Fionavar said:

You're right, Duel Monster in Yu-Gi-Oh! was a much better card game. Karuta is a sport by the way, but whatever.

Otherwise, whenever I see "deserve" and "score" in the same phrase, I can hardly see where is the "criticism". "Overrated" would have been nice too. You can basically go to any thread and say that it's a generic shounen/slice of life/isekai or whatever without proving a point.
Feb 12, 2020 8:30 AM

Sep 2018
BobRossTree said:

Agreed it's pretty boring tbh
Feb 12, 2020 8:36 AM
Apr 2018
-MEHMET- said:
BobRossTree said:

I know right, I don't understand why people watch this while they can play Uno.

Lol people like you comparing this to a random card game and Uno, shows how little you understand this anime or probably didn't properly watch at all in the first place.

More for us fans who actually know the value of this series.

Feb 12, 2020 8:42 AM
King

Apr 2016
Thanks Mal peeps who fixed this, it should be higher than Vinland, but in all honesty, they know that as well and that's why they did it in the first place! Monsters!
These sig updates harder den a bih to keep up wit
Feb 12, 2020 8:55 AM

Jun 2019
-MEHMET- said:
Kipo0007 said:

Lol people like you comparing this to a random card game and Uno, shows how little you understand this anime or probably didn't properly watch at all in the first place.

More for us fans who actually know the value of this series.

It was a joke about Bob's message.

Lol some people cannot understand humor apparently.
Feb 12, 2020 8:55 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
I like Chihayafuru but I don't get it why all the people here are blaming VS fanbase for the stuff that happened to chihaya, especially when you don't even have any proof.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Feb 12, 2020 8:57 AM

Jul 2012
cchigu said:
I like Chihayafuru but I don't get it why all the people here are blaming VS fanbase for the stuff that happened to chihaya, especially when you don't even have any proof.
I recall someone listing a bunch of accounts that had VS at 10/10 and Chihaya 3 at 1/10, so yeah... One person made a bot to make multiple accounts or he spent that much free time creating accounts.
Feb 12, 2020 9:10 AM

Jul 2017
@Meusnier

Gintama's change doesn't really surprise me. It has been getting score bombed for a long time. Also LoGH. Both of them had the highest 1 rating % for being in the top. So they were hated just because they were rated really high, before that became the norm.
Feb 12, 2020 9:23 AM
Dec 2019
Meusnier said:
BobRossTree said:

You're right, Duel Monster in Yu-Gi-Oh! was a much better card game. Karuta is a sport by the way, but whatever.

Otherwise, whenever I see "deserve" and "score" in the same phrase, I can hardly see where is the "criticism". "Overrated" would have been nice too. You can basically go to any thread and say that it's a generic shounen/slice of life/isekai or whatever without proving a point.

yes, its overrated af, that was the point of my msg
right... sport LOL
Feb 12, 2020 9:27 AM

Jun 2019
BobRossTree said:
Meusnier said:

right... sport LOL

Chess is a sport too. And competitive karuta is actually physically demanding (just check videos of real competitions). Have a nice day trying to prove such "points".
Feb 12, 2020 9:53 AM

Jul 2012
BobRossTree said:
Meusnier said:

right... sport LOL
do you feel the same way towards chess, go, mahjong and other table sports?
Feb 12, 2020 10:00 AM

Oct 2013
The score system is finally fixed! MAL staff delivered on promises made to the whole community - it's February and the scoring system has been fixed during this month.

What can I say? I'm happy to see the new system implemented, so animes like Chihayafuru 3 can finally have a fair, not manipulated score.

Thank you so much! :)
Feb 12, 2020 10:23 AM
Aug 2018
Yeah Chihayafuru is back to normal!
Feb 12, 2020 10:23 AM

Jun 2019
Mayuka said:
BobRossTree said:

right... sport LOL

I said chess first, so I hope that you are ready to pay me some royalties. The price would be a good anime recommendation!
Feb 12, 2020 10:43 AM

Apr 2018
KANPAÏ !
Let's hope more and more people will get to know the awesomeness of Chihaya T_T
Feb 12, 2020 11:38 AM

Sep 2018
God yes! Finally! The mad lads did it!
Jolyne Kuujou + Steel Ball Run Universe = Billie Eillish
Feb 12, 2020 11:44 AM

May 2015
-MEHMET- said:
cchigu said:

There's so many proof, try to check this thread. You'll see bot list screenshots and majority of them are VS boosters.

Also, Chihayafuru 3 isn't the only victim of VS fanbase's toxic part. Mo Dao Zu Shi 2 and Kimetsu no Yaiba downvoted by them too.

A handful of people don't represent an entire fanbase.

Feb 12, 2020 12:16 PM

Sep 2011
Meusnier said:

Official release

I guess this expalins alot the random score jumps that happened recently, i was wondering why kaguya's manga randomly jumped almost 10 points out of no where despite there not being any major developments in the past few chapters.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 12, 2020 2:11 PM
Feb 2017
thank god its fixed!
Feb 12, 2020 2:53 PM

Feb 2019
Ah yes. Finally. Madlads did it! People may stop throw shit at VS fanbase finally.
Feb 12, 2020 3:27 PM

Feb 2015
Mayuka said:
BobRossTree said:

right... sport LOL

I do not understand why do people try to defend the anime saying that karuta is interesting. The truth is that for most peaople sports like chess or any other table/card games are boring and they don't even treat it as a sport. The point is that chihayafuru and many other anime about weird stuff, make that stuff interesting to watch (mostly thanks to great characters). For an example, let's take ballromm e youkoso. It's a great anime but most peaople who watched it didnt consider ballroom dancing as something interesting and they probably still don't (at least I do not) yet they still enjoyed the show. I still haven't watched the third season of chihayafuru (I prefer to watch anime after they are finished) but I've watched it's previous seasons a few year ago and they were really awesome but not because they were about Karuta, it's because they were extremely well made. I think that everyone who watch something more than popular/seasonal anime can make a simple conclusion, anime can be interesting even if it's about collecting garbage.
Feb 12, 2020 3:28 PM

Aug 2014
Finally it´s fixed, well done!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (24) « First ... « 20 21 [22] 23 24 »

More topics from this board

» If you want to continue with the manga after watching

NiQ1 - Feb 21, 2023

19 by NiQ1 »»
Mar 21, 2:01 AM

» Chihayafuru 4

Kaguyachinchin - Nov 21, 2020

5 by Knighthammer619 »»
Mar 17, 9:43 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2020

148 by tozeos »»
Jan 9, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

shanimebib - Jan 14, 2020

126 by realfifi »»
Dec 18, 2023 2:21 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2019

105 by Katsu-kun »»
Aug 15, 2023 4:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.