Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Feb 4, 2020 10:33 PM
Nov 2019
https://myanimelist.net/character.php

Shit i have to say he make me nijikon.

well hater will think and say he is overrated and bashed about this post.
old lady is okay with that. i know most MAL user .....................
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 4, 2020 10:35 PM

Jul 2012
so whats a nijikon?
Feb 4, 2020 10:49 PM
Nov 2019
Mayuka said:
so whats a nijikon?

too obsession with 2D character.

have a love for characters in anime, manga, or video games.
Nijikon sufferers, sexual interest in humans of the opposite sex or in real life no longer exists.
Feb 4, 2020 11:14 PM

Dec 2016
That's awesome. One problem less humanity has to worry about.
Feb 5, 2020 9:16 AM
Apr 2019
Levi is the only side character in the top 10
Feb 5, 2020 9:34 AM

May 2019
Thats sugoi, the era of fujoshi has only just begun, soon the entire top 10 will be male characters whose only traits are hot and cool(and are 100% canonically in love with a wimpy boy)

Can i go home now?
Feb 5, 2020 9:59 AM
Jul 2018
Great, now next goal would be surpassing Lelouch
Feb 5, 2020 10:50 AM

Apr 2015
Great, another character with the personality of a brick in the top 5...
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Feb 5, 2020 7:10 PM
Nov 2019
lavah said:

impossible he can win over lelouch. the difference is very far
Feb 5, 2020 11:33 PM
Jul 2018
boringman15 said:
lavah said:

impossible he can win over lelouch. the difference is very far

ehh that was just a sarcasm :/
Feb 6, 2020 9:16 AM

Apr 2015
-GilgaSmash- said:
Tropisch said:

Tropisch said:

I don't think levi is the 5th best anime character out there but even if you want to make that senseless statement
The rest of the top 5 characters are the best written in anime and by a long shot
Lelouch, L, luffy and ed are miles above anyone you can name and deserve to be there

And that's your opinion, much like what I said was my opinion.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Feb 10, 2020 1:56 AM
Dec 2019
Overrated midget
Feb 10, 2020 2:35 AM

Dec 2018
I was more pleased when. Levi went past Okabe to become 6th because I can't stand that socially retarded, crazy mad scientist, who is just as much of a harem king like Kirito, in a more pretentious way actually, but is worshipped by so many just because....muh his mad scientist alter ego!!!

Anyways, I do slightly prefer Light over Levi, but I love both of then regardless, so I don't mind Levi going past him. But I just hope that he doesn't go past my boy Ed.....cuz I really don't wanna see my boy drop a spot in the rankings. :( But that's kinda inevitable to happen cuz AoT's popularity is skyrocketing day by day resulting in a rapid soaring of the favourites of AoT characters day by day.

Seriously though, ranking of characters aren't credible in the slightest when I comes to showing the overall consensus of the anime community here regarding the characters. Because, unlike the system of rating anime, where the user can both upvote or downvote a show according to their preferences, there is no way to downvote the characters here....so via the system of ranking characters, we have no idea how many dislike the characters or anything. Apart from that, favourites of characters are very much influenced by how popular & mainstream their show actually is, more precisely how big of a viewerbase their anime has. Which is obviously why LoGH or 3-Gatsu have no characters in the Top 50 despite being very highly rated anime in general. So rankings of characters are really irrelevant since they don't accurately represent the recognition a character gets in the anime fandom.

But if I had to rank the current Top 6 characters of MAL according to my preferences, it would be:

1) Edward Elric

2) Lelouch Vi Britannia

3) Light Yagami

4) L Lawliet

5) Levi

*I'm not too familiar with Luffy yet to properly rank him*
345EdwardElricFeb 10, 2020 6:01 PM
"There's no such thing as a painless lesson, they just don't exist. Sacrifices are necessary. You can't gain anything without losing something first. Although if you can endure that pain and walk away from it, you'll find that you now have a heart strong enough to overcome any obstacle. Yeah... a heart made full-metal."

~Edward Elric
Feb 10, 2020 5:52 AM
Feb 2017
How does he beat Light? Looks like the girls have won this war...
Feb 10, 2020 6:07 AM

May 2014
Well, that was expected. I'm not going to say Levi is a bad character (because he isn't and I actually like him), but that spot is deserved by Armin instead. By far the best character of the serie...

...But he's not a badass bishounen so nope.
Feb 10, 2020 6:24 AM

Sep 2018
Another personality less character up there, yea boi.
Feb 10, 2020 10:02 PM

Dec 2018
boringman15 said:
don't worry levi won't beat edward elric. btw i don't agree this statement.
"AoT's popularity is skyrocketing day by day resulting in a rapid soaring of the favourites of AoT characters day by day"
seem like SNK's popularity is decreasing.
manga sold doesn't like used to be, and don't win any awards.
and not to mention the hater always increase.

Eh, if you have noticed it, recently Levi's favourites have been soaring at a stunning rate, easily much faster than Edward's, so it's only a matter of time before Levi catches up with Edward, since the difference is now only of about 1,500 favourites.

AoT is gradually gaining more acclamation & popularity day by day, it's pretty clear if you look at the success of AoT Season 3 Part 2 last year. The season caused a enormous amount of hype amidst the fans & the sheer amount of acclaimation it revieved is clearly reflected by the fact it managed to achieve a far higher rating compared to any of it's contemporaries, even was the #1 ranking for a few days during FMA:B's score bug problem, having a rating of about 9.2 before salty FMA:B fanboys started down voting it unfairly & even after all this it still does have a 9.06 rating; plus alongside that it also won both of the AoTY (anime of the years) polls on this site by a total landslide:

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1797188

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1814383

The favourites of the major AoT characters like Levi, Mikasa & Eren & have been evidently soaring at a rapid rate recently for the last few months or so (an obvious reason why those characters have been constantly rising in rankings day by day) which also does sonewhat reflect the increase in popularity of the AoT franchise.

But anyways, honestly I don't really care much about this since ranking of the characters on MAL are irrelevant as the system of ranking isn't that much credible. Rankings of the characters are influenced more by how much popular the anime they're from actually are, rather than how highly acclaimed they are actually, which is proven by the SAO characters having such high rankings here (who are from a popular but not so well-acclaimed series) compared to 3-Gatsu & LoGH characters (who are from a unpopular but very highly acclaimed series). Plus, unlike the system of ranking/rating anime where users can rate an anime high or low accordingly to their preferences (which mean a show can be both upvoted or downvoted there), the system of ranking characters has no way to determine how many people dislike those characters since there is no down voting system. Hence the ranking of the characters aren't really accurate representations of the general consensus of the anime community regarding those characters.
345EdwardElricFeb 11, 2020 7:37 PM
"There's no such thing as a painless lesson, they just don't exist. Sacrifices are necessary. You can't gain anything without losing something first. Although if you can endure that pain and walk away from it, you'll find that you now have a heart strong enough to overcome any obstacle. Yeah... a heart made full-metal."

~Edward Elric
Feb 10, 2020 10:05 PM

Nov 2011
Do people actually keep track of this?

Feb 11, 2020 10:29 AM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
Mullerio said:
no he totally has a personality, he's cool and hot and kills titans and stuff, very personality, much character depth.
RoevhaalFeb 11, 2020 10:37 AM
Feb 11, 2020 7:31 PM

Dec 2018
Roevhaal said:
no he totally has a personality, he's cool and hot and kills titans and stuff, very personality, much character depth.

Did you even pay attention while watching Season 3 of AoT? His backstory, upbringing were all pretty elaborately shown, and his development through Kenny was fleshed out quite well in the latter episodes of the season. Even though Eren & Krista were the ones who got most amount of character development in the season, you still really can't ignore Levi's development throughout that season because it's pretty obvious.

Also @boringman15 , @Roevhaal was being sarcastic in his statement lol....and seems like you didn't get it. :P

~Edward Elric
Feb 11, 2020 7:43 PM

Oct 2013
345EdwardElric said:
boringman15 said:
"AoT's popularity is skyrocketing day by day resulting in a rapid soaring of the favourites of AoT characters day by day"

Eh, if you have noticed it, recently Levi's favourites have been soaring at a stunning rate, easily much faster than Edward's, so it's only a matter of time before Levi catches up with Edward, since the difference is now only of about 1,500 favourites.

AoT is gradually gaining more acclamation & popularity day by day, it's pretty clear if you look at the success of AoT Season 3 Part 2 last year. The season caused a enormous amount of hype amidst the fans & the sheer amount of acclaimation it revieved is clearly reflected by the fact it managed to achieve a far higher rating compared to any of it's contemporaries, even was the #1 ranking for a few days during FMA:B's score bug problem, having a rating of about 9.2 before salty FMA:B fanboys started down voting it unfairly & even after all this it still does have a 9.06 rating; plus alongside that it also won both of the AoTY (anime of the years) polls on this site by a total landslide:

The favourites of the major AoT characters like Levi, Mikasa & Eren & have been evidently soaring at a rapid rate recently for the last few months or so (an obvious reason why those characters have been constantly rising in rankings day by day) which also does sonewhat reflect the increase in popularity of the AoT franchise.

But anyways, honestly I don't really care much about this since ranking of the characters on MAL are irrelevant as the system of ranking isn't that much credible. Rankings of the characters are influenced more by how much popular the anime they're from actually are, rather than how highly acclaimed they are actually, which is proven by the SAO characters having such high rankings here (who are from a popular but not so well-acclaimed series) compared to 3-Gatsu & LoGH characters (who are from a unpopular but very highly acclaimed series). Plus, unlike the system of ranking/rating anime where users can rate an anime high or low accordingly to their preferences (which mean a show can be both upvoted or downvoted there), the system of ranking characters has no way to determine how many people dislike those characters since there is no down voting system. Hence the ranking of the characters aren't really accurate representations of the general consensus of the anime community regarding those characters.

I feel Eren popularity is going to skyrocket in season 4, Even the die hard levi fans may start to really like him as I never once thought I would have Eren in my favorite list, but boy did he turn around, but he is just at 14k so I doubt the jump in Eren popularity would even make him crack the top 30, but he definitely will jump in ranking coming season 4.
Feb 11, 2020 8:00 PM

Dec 2018
keragamming said:

I feel Eren popularity is going to skyrocket in season 4, Even the die hard levi fans may start to really like him as I never once thought I would have Eren in my favorite list, but boy did he turn around, but he is just at 14k so I doubt the jump in Eren popularity would even make him crack the top 30, but he definitely will jump in ranking coming season 4.

Yeah I can also very much see that happening, from what I've heard from vast majority of the manga readers, he gets incredible characterization & development in the latest manga arcs of AoT, the part which Season 4, the final season is gonna cover. Even people who happened to dislike Eren have even become fans of him after reading the latest arcs....so I can only imagine what an enormous soar in favourites he is gonna have when Season 4 airs.

I personally liked him right from the start because of his tragic upbringing & the tough/brutal circumstances he had to endure as an MC since the beginning of the story, which made me sympathesize with his character despite the fact he was a bit annoying with yells & screams, but from Season 3 onwards I started loving him since it's from that point where he started getting very solid & steady development. But after Season 4 airs.....he might even rise a spot or two in my favourites from where he already is at now. ;)

~Edward Elric
Feb 11, 2020 8:02 PM
Nov 2019
345EdwardElric said:
Roevhaal said:

Did you even pay attention while watching Season 3 of AoT? His backstory, upbringing were all pretty elaborately shown, and his development through Kenny was fleshed out quite well in the latter episodes of the season. Even though Eren & Krista were the ones who got most amount of character development in the season, you still really can't ignore Levi's development throughout that season because it's pretty obvious.

Also @boringman15 , @Roevhaal was being sarcastic in his statement lol....and seems like you didn't get it. :P

holy shit, i am working while reading these post, so sometime will be error, thanks you reminder :P
let them be, we don't need to explain too much.

keragamming said:
345EdwardElric said:

i also thought like that, eren will be shineeeeeeeeeee in last season.
I like the appearance of Eren in the manga. seem cool.
but seem like many ppl dislike his personality, we will see about it.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
MonkeyDHunterFeb 12, 2020 7:31 AM
Feb 12, 2020 7:14 AM

Feb 2019
-GilgaSmash- said:
Tropisch said:

Tropisch said:

I don't think levi is the 5th best anime character out there but even if you want to make that senseless statement
The rest of the top 5 characters are the best written in anime and by a long shot
Lelouch, L, luffy and ed are miles above anyone you can name and deserve to be there
You don't know gintoki I guess. Gintoki is still there in top 10 despite gintama being half as popular as other shows. Sorry to break your delusion but none of the guys in top 10 are even close to gintoki when you are talking about writing.
Feb 12, 2020 8:00 AM
Dec 2019
boringman15 said:
345EdwardElric said:
I was more pleased when. Levi went past Okabe to become 6th because I can't stand that socially retarded, crazy mad scientist, who is just as much of a harem king like Kirito, in a more pretentious way actually, but is worshipped by so many just because....muh his mad scientist alter ego!!!

Anyways, I do slightly prefer Light over Levi, but I love both of then regardless, so I don't mind Levi going past him. But I just hope that he doesn't go past my boy Ed.....cuz I really don't wanna see my boy drop a spot in the rankings. :( But that's kinda inevitable to happen cuz AoT's popularity is skyrocketing day by day resulting in a rapid soaring of the favourites of AoT characters day by day.

Seriously though, ranking of characters aren't credible in the slightest when I comes to showing the overall consensus of the anime community here regarding the characters. Because, unlike the system of rating anime, where the user can both upvote or downvote a show according to their preferences, there is no way to downvote the characters here....so via the system of ranking characters, we have no idea how many dislike the characters or anything. Apart from that, favourites of characters are very much influenced by how popular & mainstream their show actually is, more precisely how big of a viewerbase their anime has. Which is obviously why LoGH or 3-Gatsu have no characters in the Top 50 despite being very highly rated anime in general. So rankings of characters are really irrelevant since they don't accurately represent the recognition a character gets in the anime fandom.

But if I had to rank the current Top 6 characters of MAL according to my preferences, it would be:

1) Edward Elric

2) Lelouch Vi Britannia

3) Light Yagami

4) L Lawliet

5) Levi

*I'm not too familiar with Luffy yet to properly rank him*

Number of sales dosen't equate popularity. Also not everyone these days read manga copies. Nothing insinuates the sales have been declining. Why the sales total number wasn't as high as before was because only 3 volumes were sold last year. And those 3 sold more copies than any Demon Slayer volumes and other manga volumes except for One Piece 4 manga volumes.
Feb 12, 2020 8:47 AM

Nov 2019
Sure levi such a very strong and unique characters. i even like him for the very first time he appears on AOT S1.

Feb 14, 2020 2:24 PM
Jul 2018
But honestly, as much as I like Levi I still think that Light is a much more well-written character and I don't like that he got surpassed by Levi
Feb 15, 2020 4:42 AM
Apr 2019
Light is a main character,
aside from Levi everyone in top 10 are the main characters of their show.
Feb 17, 2020 6:44 AM
Feb 2020
NakolHira said:

That just shows how great of a character he is
Feb 17, 2020 4:08 PM
Jul 2018
Finally one of my favorite character in Top 5, he may not the best character for you guys, but he deserves this spot than other SnK characters imo.
Feb 17, 2020 4:11 PM

Jul 2011
Never liked him that much but what shall I say? To each their own. Really can't care less about "Favorite characters".

Feb 17, 2020 8:56 PM
Nov 2019
tsubasa_ said:
Never liked him that much but what shall I say? To each their own. Really can't care less about "Favorite characters".

i'm sorry i didn't ask you to care or even your opinion.
it's in snk forum i'm not discussed it in general :P
Feb 24, 2020 12:35 AM
Apr 2019
-GilgaSmash- said:
NakolHira said:

L is not MC either lol
If L is not MC,then he is a supporting character?
or do you think Mikasa is a side character in AoT?
or Alphonse Elric not an MC? or even Zorona the guy from One Piece,is not an MC too?
Feb 24, 2020 2:04 AM

Oct 2017
He barely has any screentime and when he did in the first season it was just punching Eren's face and cleaning windows. Wat

@-GilgaSmash- MC stands for a main character... there are usually more than one.
A protagonist is the main viewpoint of a character throughout the series.
Feb 24, 2020 5:35 AM
Jul 2018
Bunille said:
He barely has any screentime and when he did in the first season it was just punching Eren's face and cleaning windows. Wat

and saving Eren's ass from the female titan
Feb 24, 2020 5:36 AM

Aug 2016
Character fav lists dont matter as long as Doggy Poo isn't #1.

https://myanimelist.net/character/17508/Doggy_Poo?q=doggy
Mar 2, 2020 8:34 PM
Mar 2018
Bunille said:

@-GilgaSmash- MC stands for a main character... there are usually more than one.

According to the mangaka Levi is a main character in season 3 -probably 4. If you didn't notice he has wayyy more screen time in season 3 then he had he had in both season 1 &2 combined. He's also a very important character for the first half of season 4.
Mar 2, 2020 11:58 PM

Oct 2017
Duberr said:
Bunille said:

According to the mangaka Levi is a main character in season 3 -probably 4. If you didn't notice he has wayyy more screen time in season 3 then he had he had in both season 1 &2 combined. He's also a very important character for the first half of season 4.
Still has no screen time for the first two seasons, you haven’t changed my mind.
Mar 6, 2020 12:56 PM

May 2018
Tropisch said:

If you read the manga you'd soon see he is much more than that.
Mar 6, 2020 12:57 PM
Jul 2018
Nick-Knight said:
Mullerio said:

Finally someone had the guts to say it. Seeing him topping husbando/popularity polls is a sad sight to see.

Truly must be sad to see a fictional character get more love than you
Mar 6, 2020 1:17 PM
Jul 2018
Nick-Knight said:
Lavaa said:

Truly must be sad to see a fictional character get more love than you

It truly is. I am oh so lonely. No one to warm my lonely nights. I guess I'll just give generic "witty" answers to someone just trying to voice his opinion to make me feel better about myself. Will it work? Maybe. Will I care? Probably not. Good try tho, here have a cookie 🍪.

Thanks. It was a joke so I'm glad you replied with a joke as well :3
still saddening tho
Mar 18, 2020 7:50 AM
Aug 2018
I'd rather want Erwin Smith to be on Top
Apr 7, 2020 10:38 AM

Jul 2017
He's now the 4th most popular after passing Elric. He will eventually take the 3rd spot from Luffy at this rate too. I honestly never saw this coming lol

Apr 7, 2020 10:35 PM
Nov 2019
Attackonfiller said:
He's now the 4th most popular after passing Elric. He will eventually take the 3rd spot from Luffy at this rate too. I honestly never saw this coming lol

Yeah, I've notice. Take the 3rd spot I don't think so. The difference is so far +7.000.
Apr 7, 2020 10:45 PM

Jul 2017
boreboring said:
Attackonfiller said:

Yeah, I've notice. Take the 3rd spot I don't think so. The difference is so far +7.000.

He's been getting close to 100 favs a day and the final season hasn't even aired yet. Meanwhile, Luffy hasn't been increasing close to the same rate.

Apr 8, 2020 2:02 AM
Mar 2020
Levi is on 4 th now while Eren on the other hand is about 60 characters down on 64 , such is the might of captain levi.
Apr 9, 2020 8:50 AM
Apr 2019
well I think after season 4 airing, Eren will have much more fans than Levi.
Apr 9, 2020 3:18 PM
May 2017
Yet he's far beneath every character in the top 10. Let's be real he went this far because of the fangirls. He's not even the best character of AoT.
Apr 10, 2020 4:08 AM
Nov 2019
blackiemma22 said:
Yet he's far beneath every character in the top 10. Let's be real he went this far because of the fangirls. He's not even the best character of AoT.
blackiemma22 said:

yes, that's your opinion :)
Apr 10, 2020 6:36 AM
Sep 2019
NakolHira said:
Levi is the only side character in the top 10

He is also the only mediocre character in the top 10
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2019

548 by ARTisANexplosion »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

802 by jebras »»
Apr 23, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

734 by lightning19 »»
Apr 12, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

345 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 8:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.