Forum Settings
Forums

have you ever had the opposite opinion on a game compared to most critics and players?

New
Jan 18, 2020 3:27 PM

Jun 2019
best example for me is the Mad Max game.
most negative things i hear was that people didn't like that it was a bit too big and open, with repetitive objectives.
my opinion is that it wasn't big enough. i wanted open stretches of absolute nothingness, i thought the game world looked way too cluttered.
most fun i ever had in the game was going out of bounds and driving endlessly around the open endlessness of no stuff surrounding the map.
another thing people didn't like was how the sandstorm were too hard and took too long to go away.
my problem with the sandstorms was that they were way too short, and didn't happen enough.

the point is, a lot of the stuff people didn't like, i absolutely loved.
anyone else have a case like this?
please stand by...
Jan 18, 2020 4:13 PM
Jul 2018
Hellblade.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good game but the gameplay nearly drove me away. Others seem to really like it though like the puzzles and stuff but I was at my wit's end trying to find the matching symbols. Combat was mostly repetitive like the puzzles but wasn't as bad
Jan 18, 2020 7:06 PM

Nov 2011
Devil May Cry 2: Most people hate it, but I actually really like it.

Final Fantasy 8: I think its the best of them, although that could just be nostalgia since it was the first one that I played, nearly everyone else thinks otherwise.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2: My favourite of the series, again most people don't agree.

Dark Souls: I really don't like them and I wish From Software would go back to developing Armored Core games (They won't, because profit).

Those are the main ones that I can think of, but there's probably a lot more, my Dark Souls opinion is the opposite from what you asked though.
Jan 18, 2020 7:15 PM

Aug 2018
zelda breath of the wild. Reddit shit game, way worse than any open world games I've ever played. Legit the side quests is like WoW early game quests... fuck me and fuck this game...
Kled11Jan 19, 2020 1:44 AM
Jan 18, 2020 8:18 PM

Jul 2017
I was actually really disappointed with the car customization in Mad Max. Literally had no reason to prioritize a heavy build over just going for a speed one. I agree on the sandstorm part, kinda felt anticlimactic with how infrequent it was

But for me it would probably be Forza Horizon 3. Game gets endless praise but idk, maybe cause I'm more into the sim/racing side of things now but I can never seem to actually enjoy playing the game. I did stop playing it pretty shortly so maybe I need to get back on it to see how things are

Also Devil May Cry 5 I really didn't like the gameplay of it. Another one I probably need to give another go
Jan 18, 2020 9:12 PM
YouTuber / VA

Aug 2017
Overrated:

Octopath Traveler, Divinity Original Sins 2, Diablo 3, Tales Of Berseria - Four of the most boring fucking RPGs I have ever played, it is absolutely ludicrous to me that the first two games are praised as being such masterpieces and that the later two games were as well received as they were. Divinity is the only one I can understand people loving so much, and that's just because of the amazing level of depth/detail put in.

Zelda Series - It's insane how overrated all these games are, I have no idea how the series became so iconic. Most Zelda games are completely average entertainment wise. The only Zelda game I've ever truly had a blast with was Breath Of The Wild (easily one of the greatest videogames of all time).

Underrated:

Final Fantasy 13, 14, 15 - The three best Final Fantasy games IMO and they did not deserve all the crap they got.

Pokemon Sword/Shield - Easily one of the best mainline Pokemon games, they let me experience a lot of things I dreamed as a kid that Pokemon games would one day let me experience. All the pissbabies crying over Dexit are so disgusting.

Sonic Series - Don't get me wrong there's definitely awful ones, but a lot of the 3D Sonic games were fun and did not deserve all the crap they got.

There are definitely plenty of other games that came to mind but those were all the ones I remember having extremely positive/negative reception.
Jan 22, 2020 5:19 PM

Jan 2017
Kyotosomo said:
Pokemon Sword/Shield - Easily one of the best mainline Pokemon games, they let me experience a lot of things I dreamed as a kid that Pokemon games would one day let me experience. All the pissbabies crying over Dexit are so disgusting.

Seriously, got this game recently and it could easily be the most fun I've had with a pokemon game.
Jan 22, 2020 6:37 PM

Jul 2009
There are plenty of games I can throw out for this, but the most significant one in recent memory was Horizon Zero Dawn. It was widely praised as PS4's greatest exclusive a few years back, yet I found it to be one of the most soulless snoozefests I've played in a long time. I still dislike it even after finishing the story and all the sidequests.

On the flipside, I feel like the newer, non-remake Resident Evil games get too much flack from both fans and critics. I've spent hundreds of hours on multiplayer for the fifth and sixth entries. They're honestly great games, just not good horror titles.
Jan 28, 2020 4:31 PM

Sep 2014
Currently it has to be Pokemon Sword and Shield. This game is great and is better than every previous pokemon game before. People really should take off their nostalgia glasses. The criticism I hear are amongst the worst I've ever heard, and, I'm pretty sure these criticism are coming from people who never actually tried the game.
Jan 28, 2020 6:37 PM

Aug 2009
Time for some hot takes:

Zelda: Breath Of The Wild is probably one of the most pretentious games I've ever played. It asks for too much time in order to make progress, and things like weapon durability and finding shrines to power yourself up just make the open-world exploration tedious compared to Skyrim, Witcher 3 and modern Assassin's Creed.

Need for Speed 2015 and Heat are more entertaining than Forza Horizon 3 and 4. I like starting from the bottom and working my way up to a Lambo, not just given a Lambo just because.

Burnout Paradise is an overrated Midnight Club LA.

Unless you grew up with them, older D&D style western RPGs like Baldur's Gate are unplayable these days.

And Saints Row 2, 3 and 4 and better than GTA 4 and 5.

Jan 28, 2020 6:48 PM

Nov 2008
All the time. The one I'm most pissed off about are the modern Tomb Raider games.

These games are such horseshit. It frustrates me, because I believe Tomb Raider could be an escapist wet dream, if they only removed 80 percent of the (shitty) story and talking, kept the world more in the realm of cartoony fantasy and made the puzzle platforming more linear and classical. It could just be about you and the fantastic solitary environments, with any gunplay usually being against monsters, ancient guardians and hostile wildlife. Only occasionally would there be humans. I would dump those blasted climbing axes and just make Lara more acrobatic again. Probably make the platforming less automated, by which I mean reducing the range at which she will magnetize against surfaces you leap towards and making the player grab them again. I don't get what gamers find so appealing about games doing so much for them. The rope machine introduced before the 2013 reboot was a cool idea. Keep that. The 2013 reboot had Lara dual wielding pistols at the very end as if it was supposed to be some kind of origin story. The new gunplay is incredibly dull and the upgrade system is almost completely wasted with how little action there is in Shadow. Drop both. Just give me one two-handed gun on her back and an infinite supply of ammo for the dual pistols. The action (when it's there, meaning not too often) should be fast and stylish.

The new Lara is such an unlikable wet blanket. I do appreciate the more human anatomy, but I preferred her in shorts and I want her coolness and sass back.

These open world collect-a-thons are so damn dull, and idea of making Lara vulnerable and putting her in emotional peril was always fucking stupid.

Jan 28, 2020 8:36 PM

Jul 2012
For a more recent take, open world games more often than not kinda suck. When I play games like Skyrim, Fallout or even Breath of the Wild even though the gameplay is often fun the sheer emptiness of major parts of the map results in huge swaths of just the worst kind of boredom. Because the games fail to introduce something much needed for an open world concept, variety. Even if it's just surface level aesthetic, enemy variety, or even mission variety. If exploration is a major concept make it worth my while.
Where for a counter example Horizon Zero Dawn I thought did a great job of it, it showed pretty much everything you could do clearly on the map so you could plan your routes and you always had an objective. There were also so many fast travel points that travel never felt tedious and basically no limitations on when you could use them.
GamerDLMJan 28, 2020 8:40 PM
Jan 28, 2020 8:47 PM
Jul 2018
I liked Digimon World Next Order more than Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth. I like the V-Pet gameplay a lot more and there's actually an overworld and not just samey blue cube dungeons!
Jan 29, 2020 1:05 AM

Jul 2009
Already posted here, but wanted to mention two recent titles.

Code Vein is easily my favorite Souls-like game not made by From Software. Critics and fans alike blast it for a multitude of reasons, but I was absolutely hooked on the game despite its glaring flaws. Playing around with different builds and helping others online is extremely addicting. The lore and characters are surprisingly interesting, if not a bit underdeveloped. One of the few games that kept me playing even after obtaining the Platinum trophy.

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is a massive disappointment, which saddens me as I'm a big fan of the franchise. The game was widely praised for its gameplay and story, yet I find the combat to be really clunky and the plot to be extremely dry. The level design is honestly the worst from any Souls-like game I've played. Still, I respect Respawn Entertainment for delivering a singleplayer Star Wars experience after many years.
Jan 29, 2020 5:37 AM

Jan 2016
I rather liked Duke Nukem Forever around the time of its release.
Jan 31, 2020 8:24 AM

Apr 2010
I honestly don't get the hype around Animal Crossing. I played the 3DS one for about a week and then got bored of it and then it sat on my shelf unplayed ever since.
Jan 31, 2020 8:50 AM

Sep 2014
ACBlackJ0ck said:
I honestly don't get the hype around Animal Crossing. I played the 3DS one for about a week and then got bored of it and then it sat on my shelf unplayed ever since.

It's a feel good game. There isn't any more purpose in the game than relaxing. You can customize your house and your town and interact with the NPC. There are a couple of fun things to do, but there isn't any other objective than clearing your debt so you can have a bigger house. The fact that it's based on real time and that there is no stress on getting anywhere just make it a good gaming experience. There is no secret.

I know it's not a game for everyone. I personally know quite a few people who can't stand the game.
Feb 1, 2020 7:49 AM

Feb 2011
Kyotosomo said:
Overrated:

Octopath Traveler, Divinity Original Sins 2, Diablo 3, Tales Of Berseria - Four of the most boring fucking RPGs I have ever played, it is absolutely ludicrous to me that the first two games are praised as being such masterpieces and that the later two games were as well received as they were. Divinity is the only one I can understand people loving so much, and that's just because of the amazing level of depth/detail put in.

Zelda Series - It's insane how overrated all these games are, I have no idea how the series became so iconic. Most Zelda games are completely average entertainment wise. The only Zelda game I've ever truly had a blast with was Breath Of The Wild (easily one of the greatest videogames of all time).

Underrated:

Final Fantasy 13, 14, 15 - The three best Final Fantasy games IMO and they did not deserve all the crap they got.

Sonic Series - Don't get me wrong there's definitely awful ones, but a lot of the 3D Sonic games were fun and did not deserve all the crap they got.

There are definitely plenty of other games that came to mind but those were all the ones I remember having extremely positive/negative reception.

Final Fantasy 14 is almost universally loved isn't it? At least the re-release after the original was such a mess.

I wont get into my views on 13/15 because this thread isn't about shitting on other people's opinions. :P
Feb 1, 2020 7:55 AM

Feb 2011
Ezekiel said:
All the time. The one I'm most pissed off about are the modern Tomb Raider games.

They have just basically taken the most overused elements of other AAA console action adventure games and cut and pasted them onto the Tomb Raider IP so I can totally see your point. I didn't mind them too much but I was never really into the old Tomb Raider games so I don't have that investment in the new ones being good.
Feb 1, 2020 8:16 AM

Feb 2011
This is a tough one for me.

Game critics generally have to play lots of different games of lots of different genres constantly as part of their job, whereas most gamers will stick to a handful of genres and stay away from the vast majority of stuff often for pretty arbitrary reasons. Like they played a really terrible turn based strategy game when they were 14 so they now wont try anything vaguely to do with strategy ever again. Or they will only play games with 3d graphics with a third person perspective and hate 2d and first person despite never having really given them much of a shot.

Generally when a game gets a high average score (say somewhere between 80-100) on Metacritic I rarely play them and think they are bad games. Even if I don't personally enjoy them I can see what it is about them that is artistically or mechanically valuable/interesting/enjoyable.

I'm generally somebody who will try and play as many different types of games as I can and am always looking for something a little bit different too so maybe that's why I tend to end up agreeing with the trend of critic reviews.

There are games that I think are underrated, but not usually by much. I think NieR Automata is an absolute masterpiece that will go on to influence the design of countless games in the future (not an uncommon opinion among it's fans) but the reception from critics was just that it was merely a very good game. I think a lot of them only played to the first ending and ended up not unlocking the final 8 hours of the game.

Dragon Age: Inquisiton is the only game I can think of that I thought was massively overrated. The gameplay was incredibly bland. I couldn't get invested in any of the characters because they all generic and uninteresting. One of the characters is a trans man and they decided to give them a lecture about trans rights in the place of an actual personality. One of the main areas just has this massive open area where you have to do boring fetch quests and there's no story progression. It was so bad!

I really liked The Guild 2, but it absolutely deserved it's low review score because it's a broken mess. It's just that the concept behind the game is very different and it's quite interesting to play around with it's mechanics and systems.
Feb 14, 2020 4:38 PM

Jun 2011
Skittles said:
There are plenty of games I can throw out for this, but the most significant one in recent memory was Horizon Zero Dawn. It was widely praised as PS4's greatest exclusive a few years back, yet I found it to be one of the most soulless snoozefests I've played in a long time. I still dislike it even after finishing the story and all the sidequests.

On the flipside, I feel like the newer, non-remake Resident Evil games get too much flack from both fans and critics. I've spent hundreds of hours on multiplayer for the fifth and sixth entries. They're honestly great games, just not good horror titles.

I totally agree on Horizon Zero Dawn. It felt pretty generic and lackluster.

Underrated

-Batman Arkham Origins. Some people say it's straight up bad. I have no idea why. It has a solid story and great boss fights. Voice acting is also great. It just didn't revolutionise the franchise like City did.

-Star Wars KOTOR II. Some people say it's story and atmosphere doesn't feel like Star Wars like in the first one, hence it's bad. I think on the contrary, it's the most unique and intriguing Star Wars story ever. It's far beyond from bad guys vs good guys like in the movies. It gives such a weird nihilistic and depressive feeling. You don't feel like you Side with Jedi nor Sith even though you have the force. Such an interesting concept. And the villain is the most complex Star Wars character ever.

-DMC Devil May Cry. People hated this reboot because of the new image of Dante. I didn't like him that much either but who really cares. It's DMC, a hack&slash game, the game is all about gameplay which was pretty solid. I liked boss fights as well. Also, making Mundus like a business man who rules the population through media was kinda interesting.

Overrated

-Tomb Raider Reboot Trilogy. First game was fine with the crafting system and Uncharted mechanics. It was not groundbreaking but welcomed change in the series. However, the other two games literally the same with the first one. There were no significant changes whatsoever. Also, non of these games had somewhat memorable or charming stories. They were just forgetable, Lara herself as well.

-Metal Gear Solid Franchise. I like this franchise but for different reasons. For some reason, people take its story and characters seriously and get emotional etc. I guess very few people think this way but I feel like this game was made for humor purposes to mock corny Hollywood spy and action movies. With all those wacky characters, immersion breaking comedic sections, hilariously overly complicated scenario with plot twists, overly dramatic dialogues, weird secrets and easter eggs hidden in the game. For instance, the final fight in the 4th game is a cool throwback but also feels so cheesy. Instead of getting emotional like most of the players feel, I just ended up laughing. Also, the gameplay feels unique but also clunky and weird sometimes.(except for Phantom Pain, its gameplay is perfect) I can't explain how, but it is. But I must say, these games have great bosses, you can beat some of them with very creative ways.

-Far Cry franchise. No need to say much about this one. Third game invented unique ideas about open world design. But after this game, the sequels rather felt like reskins if the third game. Nothing original.

-Bethesda RPGs. I like to play them. Hell, I played Skyrim for nearly a month non-stop. But they have many flaws. They are buggy, graphics feel outdated, gameplay is bland, main stories and characters are forgettable. Especially characters suffer from this. But I still like them because they are really immersive with the atmosphere they present. Still, far from masterpiece quality.
EpicSaxGuyFeb 14, 2020 5:05 PM
Feb 16, 2020 2:38 AM

Sep 2012
>Breath of the Wild/Zelda Franchise
Like a lot of people have said here, the new Zelda really wasn't that great. The engine was a lot of fun for experimentation, but the actual content overall was really lacking in every way, shape or form and was massively recycled across the game. Hopefully BotW2 gets good content, because it would be a shame to waste the excellent groundwork. That being said, I really don't like the Zelda series in general, even games that are hailed as the best ever like Ocarina or Majora's Mask, they really haven't aged well at all on the technical and gameplay side and the story is nothing special to begin with.

>Bethesda RPGs
"Wide as an Ocean. Shallow as a Puddle" would be the best way to describe them. They have high replayability and great mod support, but also a shitload of problems, ranging from mediocre writing/characters/story to bugs, poor graphics and subpar gameplay or just downright terrible like Morrowind. They do have their moments of glory (Dark Brotherhood questline in Oblivion) but they are far inbetween the crappy stuff.

>Nier Automata
Good albeit repetitive combat system, excellent music and 2B has a great female model. Unfortunately the rest of the game is a massive waste of time, badly paced mess. Ending E has a cool moment at the end, but I liked the way it was similarly done in KH3 more than in this one. It really is nothing special, but maybe the next game will get a better budget and finally become a good game.

>Dark Souls 1
The one that started it all (except not really, that was Demon's Souls, King's Field if you wanna go full oldfag mode) and the one that gets praised the most alongside Bloodborne, yet the latter is fucking amazing while the former has aged really badly. I know that the "everything went to hell" lore and how interconnected the world is it's kinda cool, but every FROM Souls game does this to an extent, and those also have a lot better bosses, gameplay and build variety, so it has been surpassed already. I will also argue that the game has a big drop in quality after Anor Londo, nothing is really as memorable or fun after that except Artorias or Manus in the DLC.

>Sekiro
Decent game, albeit really lacking in terms of build variety, boss fights and enemy design. At this point FROM is basically recycling what works with Souls games but in other eras, it's mostly the same stuff everytime, except this is parrying: the game, so if you don't like that you're out of luck, whereas in other games you had more playstyles. So yeah, solid, but not great.

>Deux Ex
Terrible animations, awful combat, outdated graphics, laughlable voice acting to the point is meme tier (JC A BOMB). It has some interesting points across the story and Hong Kong is AMAZING (great aesthetics even for it's age, good plot and details all over the place....), but yeah, if only the rest of the game was as good as this it would've been well deserved of the hype it gets. Never would've made it past the beginning area if this wasn't praised though, it was horrible.

>Persona 5
Style over substance. Nothing really much to say here, phenomenal artstyle, best combat in the franchise, great and unique mechanics with the calendar and social links like previous games after Persona 3 do...but writing wise is a complete disaster and shits itself after Madarame and the music is not really up to par with Shoji Meguro's previous works. A lot of people that criticise the game says it drops in quality right after Kamoshida, but I think it was still good all the way to the second dungeon, the way the steal the treasure here stills feels like you're a "Phantom thief" with the way they plan the robbery and you're excited about how they might do it in other dungeons too...but nope. The padding and pacing of the story is atrocious and anything that deals with Akechi in any way is the crappiest bits of writing in the entire series. How could you fuck that up so hard after Adachi and the new villain in The Royal is beyond me

FacelessVixen said:

Unless you grew up with them, older D&D style western RPGs like Baldur's Gate are unplayable these days.

And Saints Row 2, 3 and 4 and better than GTA 4 and 5.

The first sentence I agree and I would even go one step further and say isometric games lack good gameplay overall. Games like Divinity 2, Pillars of Eternity, Pathfinder Kingmaker...have some really interesting settings and captivating writing, but damn is the gameplay hard to make memorable or exciting with that combat system and slow pacing and padding out the ass.

The second I will agree besides SR2, that one was too edgy in my opinion with what happened at certain points on the story with Julius, the Samurai gang's son, and the other monster truck leader that killed his girlfriend with it, way too overboard. But yeah, SR3 is lots of fun and SR4 is still one of the best Superhero games ever made to this day
GoldenSaltPillarFeb 16, 2020 3:04 AM
Feb 16, 2020 2:56 AM

Jun 2016
I don't like the new generation of high profile sony exclusives like the last of us or nu god of war. It's like they try way too hard to prove that games have "grown up" while sacrificing the gameplay and sucking out all the fun. Critics seem to worship them but I don't want an emotional story in my god of war, I can get that from a VN.

https://www.gamesradar.com/we-dont-use-the-word-fun-says-the-last-of-us-2-director-neil-druckmann/
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Feb 16, 2020 4:57 AM

Jul 2014
i dunno about most, but plenty of people hate bioshock infinite and love the 1st two, i'm more of the opposite view, i liked infinite and didn't like 1.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Feb 16, 2020 9:05 AM

May 2013
Kled11 said:
zelda breath of the wild. Reddit shit game, way worse than any open world games I've ever played. Legit the side quests is like WoW early game quests... fuck me and fuck this game...

Finally someone besides me hates that game. Literally my least favorite Zelda game.

To me dungeons are one of my favorite things in all videogames. I adore dungeon designs but instead they only had 4 and 3 of them were absolute boring shit. The desert one was atleast phenominal and is one of my fav Zelda dungeons. Also weapon breaking sucks, crafting systems can go and eat a dick and the pacing is wretched and boring.

β™‘ Harder Daddy β™‘
Feb 16, 2020 11:26 PM

Dec 2015
I think Fallout 3's take on post-apocalypse atmospheres is more original than 1 and 2. I thought Fallout 2 was uninteresting. I also think 3 is a more memorable game than New Vegas due to the better atmosphere, but New Vegas has better RPG aspects so I understand why people label it as a marginally better game.

Club for Fighting Game lovers : https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=77600
Feb 17, 2020 3:39 AM

Dec 2018
LOZ BOTW. Zelda is my favourite game series of all time and I really enjoyed BOTW, it’s not the best Zelda game though. Wind Waker and Ocarina of Time are just more fulfilling experiences to me. The gameplay was definitely great but the story and characters felt lacking compared to other titles.
Feb 17, 2020 5:44 AM

Jun 2015
I very rarely agree with the general consensus on anything.

Ocarina of Time is a slow and ugly mess that's no fun to play. I've had the game since I was a kid and I never liked it. The N64 is an overrated garbage pile in general.

Undertale has the worst writing of anything I've ever seen. I initially quit the game at the lava part where Alphys calls you literally every two steps. I hated everything up until that point and that's what made me snap. Then I later completed all the routes so that I could at least say I had completed the game. My opinion did not change.

Zelda 2 is epic and makes me cream my pants.

πŸ’– 𝐼'𝓂 π’½π’Άπ“Žπ’Ήπ‘’π“ƒβ£ πŸ’–

⋆ Λšο½‘β‹†ΰ­¨ΰ­§Λš πŸ’ π’―π“Œπ’Ύπ“‰π“‰π‘’π“‡ πŸ’ π’΄π‘œπ“Šπ’―π“Šπ’·π‘’ πŸ’ Λšΰ­¨ΰ­§β‹†ο½‘Λš ⋆
πŸ’ π‘€π“ŽπΉπ’Ύπ‘”π“Šπ“‡π‘’π’žπ‘œπ“π“π‘’π’Έπ“‰π’Ύπ‘œπ“ƒ πŸ’
Feb 21, 2020 10:30 AM

Oct 2019
For me I liked Far Cry 3 a lot less than most people, although to be fair I did play most of the other Far Cry games before FC3 with all the improvements and shit. Not that I disliked Far Cry 3, but It's also not as good as perhaps some say.

Homefront: The Revolution got slammed by critics and although I understand why I personally didn't think it was awful. It was basically a worse Far Cry game, but thankfully I like Far Cry so I had a decent time with it.

Horizon: Zero Dawn is in a weird spot in that I like the setting and story, but the gameplay feels like an absolute bother even on the highest difficulty.
Feb 22, 2020 6:03 AM

Dec 2018
Fallout 76 Xbox One

Got it as a impulse then read all the reviews!! Omg I thought I have bought a game who wasn't even playable!! But it worked fine for me!! Smaller graphic glitches but noting serious!!!

And those nukes are awesome!! Remember when I was fixing my shit in my camp and some ass hole nuke me =P Noting gets you running like a nuke warning right on you!!

I also nuked one of my irl friends =P its fun ,, Not the best game but after all bad shit I heard I except much worse, for me it worked fine and I have fun with it!!!

Feb 22, 2020 7:21 AM
Jul 2018
All Zelda games are boring.
FFVIII is better than VII. Also, the MMO is bloody awful.
Persona 5's charm wears off very quickly and the game has massive issues. Persona 4 also isn't good.
Mobile games are actually fun.
The new DMC is a cheesy corn fest.

Feb 22, 2020 10:33 AM

Sep 2018
Days Gone: Best zombie or infected game in years, Not saying much but it got shat on hard i feel like
Bloodborne: Best game in the SoulsBorne series. (Yet to play Sekiro)

Skyrim: It's honestly just mediocre, Get past the main story and dlc (if you got them) and there's what? Awful civil war story line, Factions story lines were big MEH, Dungeons were just boring, Few interesting side quests. Atmosphere was amazing tho

Feb 22, 2020 12:02 PM
Jul 2018
Cold Steel/Kiseki series. I don't know how so many people think this shit is the pinnacle of jrpgs. I'm starting to think people who say this play very little jrpgs and that their hipsters who like this series because is niche as a fuck.
removed-userFeb 22, 2020 4:19 PM
Feb 23, 2020 8:08 AM

Feb 2019
Silent Hill Downpour - There's a lot of stupid stuff in this game, such as the entire story. HOWEVER, the open world map is SO well-designed. Art direction in that particular category outclasses the rest of the series.

Pokemon X - Best selection of Pokemon in-game, beautiful settings, likeable bit characters and supporting cast, really the only bad thing about it is that it's hard to get invested in the conflict.

Borderlands the Pre-Sequel - This game is really fun as Nisha, there's a lot to do with her first skill tree. Claptrap's DLC is the best in the series. The gratuitous Australian writing in the main game is never funny but the established returning characters always hit the mark.

Alan Wake - This game is tedious as hell. "It's not a generic TPS if we give you a flashlight!"

DOA Xtreme Beach Volleyball - Water looks great.
Feb 24, 2020 9:52 PM
Jul 2018
I hate what I've played from the Persona series (played 3 and 4). How did I finish such long fucking games? Hell if I know. I used fast forward during battles when playing 4, and it was still repetitive hell with a boring mystery and hardly any real content. The girls were somewhat cute at least.

More topics from this board

» Is MAL ever going to update it's UI?

Pineapplepirate - Dec 19, 2020

31 by Timeline_man »»
4 hours ago

» Rate The Last Game You Finished. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Crzy_Minus - Apr 23, 2015

3719 by creepylurker »»
10 hours ago

» total games on your steam library

deg - Feb 22

49 by SwordBreaker36 »»
11 hours ago

» What is your favorite Elder Scrolls game?

Ex-Aid - Yesterday

2 by SwordBreaker36 »»
11 hours ago

» Do you guys enjoy fighting games? ( 1 2 )

Dumb - Feb 11

50 by Dumb »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.