Forum Settings
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 26, 2020 10:29 PM

Sep 2015
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Uesugi and Yotsuba go on a cute little date and bravo, Uesugi actually proposed to Yotsuba. I assume the next chapter will be a time skip to the wedding or maybe not who knows.
Jan 27, 2020 12:16 AM

Nov 2019
lol i wasn't expecting it. so cute. i remember a while back fuutarou was practicing the jump in the park with takeda.
they held hands aww, like when they were kids...
the promise from 37 was kept, they came back to the park with all the sisters.
Jan 27, 2020 12:18 AM

Sep 2019
That's surely a white flag for everyone, including Ichika.

Ok Haruba Negi Imma head out of here :(
White_HollowJan 28, 2020 12:30 AM

Wandering Witch is the best light novel ever!
Jan 27, 2020 5:57 AM

Nov 2018
I can't believed it that this will going to end soon... One more step, and they will go to the church.. But before do that there is a little problem and that will be Nakano's Father... (To be continued...)

For Miku and Nino, it's time to help making a Big Wedding Cake just what happened to Onodera, and both of them will become a officially a "Member of the Rejected Squad Club"..

IDK if the reaction will be scramble..
Jan 27, 2020 8:31 AM
Jul 2018
It was an okay chapter, I just wish Negi would never have used Itsuki as a bait character (yes... I'm still salty about this) and I still don't understand how Fuutarou went from not wanting to confess at all to straight up proposing to Yotsuba. It's just weird.
Jan 27, 2020 11:15 AM

Feb 2017
the ship has sailed way too strong

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Jan 27, 2020 11:52 AM

Sep 2013
It feels like I'm watching the relationship for a completely different couple, rather than the characters we've spent the previous 110 chapters with.
Jan 27, 2020 3:02 PM

Oct 2013
Just read the speedscan

What is this glorious trash

He just proposed to the girl who was non existent for 80% of the manga

Cool story bro
Jan 27, 2020 3:52 PM

Mar 2016
Fuutarou, if you’re gonna propose, at least have a damn ring ready lol...
Jan 27, 2020 4:39 PM

Nov 2018
For those who want to read the manga specially the latest chapter:

Jan 27, 2020 4:48 PM

Nov 2018
Judgment526 said:

He forgot to bring engagement ring that will give it to Yotsuba..

And by the way the plan will be:
Both Fuutayoba (Fuutarou x Yutsoba) will be date while the other sister always at the back specially Nino always being salt while Itsuki always support to both couple..

But it the end, Fuutarou confessed his true feelings at the same time he want to proposed to marry Yutsoba
Jan 27, 2020 4:51 PM

Nov 2018
dadnaya said:
Just read the speedscan

What is this glorious trash

He just proposed to the girl who was non existent for 80% of the manga

Cool story bro

If you saw the picture of Yutsoba and Fuutarou in chapter 119, then you will be shock for a moment and you will become speechless..
Jan 27, 2020 6:23 PM
Apr 2014
cute chapter, fuu you dork haha
Jan 27, 2020 10:01 PM

Oct 2017
YESSSSS!!! The ship has officialy sailed and skipped a few steps but who cares. Yotsuba x Fuutarou forever, I really feel happy for Yots. The date was awkard but cute and the confession was sweet.
MegamiRemJan 27, 2020 10:09 PM
Jan 27, 2020 11:54 PM
May 2017
So there we go. It's the end of the line.
Jan 28, 2020 12:43 AM

Mar 2016
PersiaJuliet23 said:
Judgment526 said:

He forgot to bring engagement ring that will give it to Yotsuba..

And by the way the plan will be:
Both Fuutayoba (Fuutarou x Yutsoba) will be date while the other sister always at the back specially Nino always being salt while Itsuki always support to both couple..

But it the end, Fuutarou confessed his true feelings at the same time he want to proposed to marry Yutsoba

Nino isn’t really acting salty though. If anything she’s the one most impatient with Fuutarou and Yotsuba taking their sweet time with making it official. We do see a bit of conflicting emotion in this chapter, but she’s far from acting salty. The back-and-forth she goes through is kinda cute actually.
Jan 28, 2020 2:23 AM

Jan 2018
Well, what am I even going to say now at this point huh didn't even dream that a day would come when I wouldn't even want to look at this let alone read it but thank God there are only like 3 or 4 ch left or I was definitely going to drop this u guys can enjoy your fluff because this is now cancer to me now Negi can nuke this world or even can introduce ugly fat bastards and I wouldn't even bat an eyelash.

Now, this has become the worst ending I've read/seen and here I was so fucking salty about Erased and SNS ending well those seems like gold to me in front of this arc.
Jan 28, 2020 3:27 AM
Jun 2019
I hope the anime doesn't follow the manga until the end
i love yotsuba and all the girl pretty likeable but ...
tbh All of them deserve fuutaro but fuutaro doesn't deserve them
Jan 28, 2020 5:01 AM
Sep 2019
I feel I should be happy for Yots since she was in my second place to win behind Ichika but idk man, I guess I got too invested in a harem end because of small possible hints with the 5 dresses and the twins rules to share everything together, I’m not saying that it should be done for every series or that it would make sense in the context of the series but damn do I wish it was more common cause in things like this I want them all to be happy
Jan 28, 2020 6:52 AM

Jul 2014
Well they are a couple at last.

4 chapters are left, I wonder if she will reveal to him that she's his childhood crush as well.
Jan 28, 2020 3:57 PM

Jul 2014
Are these even the same characters anymore? They're acting so differently to before that it's impossible to tell. Just goes to show how forced this whole conclusion is.

What a mess, but at least it's almost over now.
Jan 28, 2020 4:00 PM

Nov 2016
Still feels like bait. There has to be some final twist.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 28, 2020 4:45 PM

Jun 2015
Unnatural as f*ck.. Why do you need to reassure yourself to "convey the love inside you as best as you can" to someone who he supposedly truly love? Or at least he thought as such. I know a closure when I see it, and I know this is not it.

Jan 28, 2020 6:40 PM

Feb 2018
Ok that was a good chapter, fuutarou and Yotsuba going on an awkward date with the other sisters tailing them

Nino was adorable this chapter so I guess she'll open a cake shop in the future. Maybe Miku will also open a shop as her rival

He took her to the legendary Swing and confessed to her
Jan 28, 2020 7:20 PM

Mar 2018
I was rooting for the nino, but I didn't think Fuutarou's choice was bad, now I just need to know when it will end. I hope there are alternative routes for each sister. It would be interesting to make fans happy.
Jan 28, 2020 8:16 PM

Sep 2017
How dare you baiting Nino again negi wtf? just let them date alone and dont make my queen Nino suffer anymore!
Jan 28, 2020 9:18 PM
May 2019
Manga is ending😭😭😭😭😭😭
Jan 28, 2020 9:47 PM
Mar 2015
nice proposal He got ahead of himself because of falling from swing
Jan 28, 2020 9:57 PM

Oct 2019
It's over, wave the white flag on all ships, the submarine has one. Now a major time skip to their marriage or something to end this manga
Jan 29, 2020 1:00 AM

Mar 2015
one of best chapter in while, because no dragging.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jan 29, 2020 2:42 AM
May 2015
Don't know why Nino fans are mad.. Given her toxic personality and the crap she's done she was never going to win. The delusion is hilarious

Harems brings out the worst in anime fans besides sub vs dub wars that's still somehow around for some reason. It mostly always boils down to people getting pissed things don't operate like Burger King. Can't always have things your way

Yotsuba is a good choice. My girl Ichika lost so I have no dog in this fight. Also it's been said numerous times that Uesugi has trouble conveying his feelings so for him to go the extra mile quickly for the girl he loves isn't surprising
Jan 29, 2020 2:44 AM
Nov 2019
Aight imma head out
Jan 29, 2020 3:52 AM
Aug 2010
Congintive said:
Well, what am I even going to say now at this point huh didn't even dream that a day would come when I wouldn't even want to look at this let alone read it but thank God there are only like 3 or 4 ch left or I was definitely going to drop this u guys can enjoy your fluff because this is now cancer to me now Negi can nuke this world or even can introduce ugly fat bastards and I wouldn't even bat an eyelash.

Now, this has become the worst ending I've read/seen and here I was so fucking salty about Erased and SNS ending well those seems like gold to me in front of this arc.

^ pure facts

The character development is nonexistent anymore, the relationship development is nonexistent anymore...

The story felt engaging before, but it feels lacking and artificial now.

The story had huge potential to be 200ch+ manga due to required further development of chars and rships. But now, we r getting this hastened "i love you, marry me" thing, which maybe isnt a cliche on its own, but it definitely feels lacking.

Fuutarous proactive actions may indicate that his choice is defined, and it is Yotsuba for sure, but meh, idk, it doesnt feel like he has developed a proper bouquet of feelings towards her to "choose" her as of now.

And the fact that the story will conclude within this volume makes it all even worse, coz theres no way story can get required development within these few chapters that are left.

p.s. and tbh, my major doubt reasoning is still behind the crossed hands pattern that got discussed in bride discussion thread, aka this image
Jan 29, 2020 5:19 AM
Mar 2017
Hehehe. Yotsuba win 🙌🙌
Jan 29, 2020 10:42 AM

Oct 2010
it's funny that people think they're "acting different". They're super nervous, shy, and inexperienced with this. of course they'd act different. but their main personalities are still showing well. This chapter was short but fantastic. he actually did it! he said it!!!...and more XD
Jan 29, 2020 10:44 AM

Oct 2010
Gharfrost said:

p.s. and tbh, my major doubt reasoning is still behind the crossed hands pattern that got discussed in bride discussion thread, aka this image

that's a decent theory but that's just one image/example. Find that big thread where the guy theorized Yotsuba, he had quite a few examples of similar things in Yotsuba's favor. Also if you look at the hand closer, you can see the finger positions are actually very different between the Bride and Miku. So that actually shows it's probably NOT Miku because most people hold their hands the in the same orientation all the time.
Jan 29, 2020 11:48 AM
Aug 2010
Kougeru said:
it's probably NOT Miku because most people hold their hands the in the same orientation all the time.

i hope so, coz im not in to Miku+Fu thingy like many peeps, my point is that, this tiny yet consistent detail, throughout manga/anime/mangafuture, keeps me bothered and unsure about Yotsuba as future wifu of Fu-kun.
On top of all that, even Yotsuba herself says that saying what Fu-kun said to her, while they still rnt dating, would creep out any1 - they barely overpassed the biggest hurdle of voicing their feelings towards each other publicly, and suddenly Fu goes with marry shenanigans.
Would u agree that this was a bit too early? or the root of my doubts is that im devastated due to manga coming to an ending rly rly soon ;D
Jan 29, 2020 12:51 PM

Oct 2010
I don't think there's enough time for any more major surprises. Especially since it would create an insane amount of drama if Fuutarou suddenly decided to marry a different sister after what happened this chapter. If there was another like 15 chapters, sure. But there's 3 left I think? Not enough time for that kind of drama
Jan 29, 2020 2:48 PM

Aug 2009
I don't have anything against Yotsuba, but I still don't really sense any feelings of love from Fuutarou towards her. As they were having their awkward first date, I semi-expected him to suddenly realise that this is not making his heart skip a beat at all, and it's not actually that he loves her, but he feels the most grateful to her out of the 5 of them. I absolutely did not expect him to propose there, it didn't feel genuine.

Once the manga is over, I will reread it from the beginning trying to find the romantic development between Fuutarou and Yotsuba that I missed, but so far I'm not even convinced that he likes her in a romantic way.
Jan 29, 2020 7:37 PM

Mar 2014
madberry said:
I don't have anything against Yotsuba, but I still don't really sense any feelings of love from Fuutarou towards her. As they were having their awkward first date, I semi-expected him to suddenly realise that this is not making his heart skip a beat at all, and it's not actually that he loves her, but he feels the most grateful to her out of the 5 of them. I absolutely did not expect him to propose there, it didn't feel genuine.

Once the manga is over, I will reread it from the beginning trying to find the romantic development between Fuutarou and Yotsuba that I missed, but so far I'm not even convinced that he likes her in a romantic way.

Anime fans act like this in every harem.

It's quite clear he loves her. Also wasn't it stated by Raiha and his father that Fuutaro has no idea how relationships go? He's awkward as is Yotsuba. Also by your logic he should end up alone since he has shown no romantic interest in Itsuki Nino Ichika and Miku. They have but not him. Last time I checked a relationship involves more than one person.The only person he wants romantically is Yotsuba

Don't be like Nino
Jan 29, 2020 9:02 PM

Nov 2019
@madberry the same can be said with the other four, Fuuts acts platonic to all of them

but multiple hints showed Fuuts isn't actually as dense as we and the quints thought he is

his reasons for liking Yots are yeah shallow but like @TheGrandSage23 stated, the guy is clueless about love and relationship, so if there would be reasons for each of the other four that Fuu likes them, he would've confessed to each of them in their own arcs, but he didn't so that only proves he has no romantic feelings to the other four, to Yots as shallow as it may seem or small the romantic feelings he had, it exists compared to nothing it's better
Jan 30, 2020 12:03 AM

Aug 2009
Yeah I don't think he actually has been behaving like he romantically likes any of them in particular just yet, so I kinda expected this to end like the usual harem anime*, without a conclusion, keeping the options open. I was shocked when he actually decided on one of them in the school festival arc. I thought he would go to the room each of them was waiting at and gently shoot them down one by one, making sure that they know he doesn't dislike them, but he is just not interested in a relationship right now. We'd end up thinking that the last one he goes to visit will be the one he confesses to, but he shoots her down too, and we'd be left hanging for another 100 chapters or so until he finally starts responding to the feelings of one of them. I don't think he should end up alone, but I think it's too early for him to make a decision.
(*maybe harem manga tends to reach a conclusion more often, but I don't tend to be interested enough to read the manga as well to find out.)

As I said, I will reread the whole manga once it has finished and try to find signs of his feelings developing for Yotsuba in particular. Maybe it was very subtle so I didn't pick up on it. As you said, it is possible to go out with a person you have a tiny bit of romantic interest in and fall completely in love with them later on, but the romantic in me has a hard time accepting that that is the case here, the girls were so serious about him :( I am still hoping that once I reread it focusing on Yotsuba and Fuutarou I will understand how we got to him proposing. Excuse me if I just missed it for the first read.
Jan 30, 2020 4:22 AM
Jan 2018
Ill say it agian Negi focused to much on the mystery aspect and didn't bother developing or even showing fuutoru had any romantic feelings,

All the romance was one sided not sure the reason for ending this quickly but surely if it was say 130 chapters it would have been enough

In Nisekoi at least it focused on the MCs feelings for the main girl ,
Mattinator95Jan 30, 2020 4:28 AM
Jan 30, 2020 6:58 AM

Jul 2014
Game set

Finally a fucking fluff chapter, amongst the drama that happened prior we finally got to the desert.
Both of em are so damn awkward to read through, then again its Fuu and Yots so I expected a first date to go like this.
Didn't expect him to propose tho, I was expecting a confession, I guess Negi wanted to leave with a bang and wanted a proposal instead of the normal confessions that goes on in harem shows.
As expected people on MAL aren't that happy with whats happening, surprisingly reddit is more on the happy side of things, sure there are salty peeps but not at the same level in here.
That face you make when you be expecting a confession but got a proposal instead.

And the competition accepting their loss (tbh Im more surprised that they didn't react strongly from Fuu proposing instead of confessing lol)

Also if you look closely at this panel, half of Nino's face is frowning while the other side is smiling. Depicts her current emotions perfectly, she is both bitter and happy at the same time. I swear to God if people still can't see Nino being bitter about this then ya'll haven't been paying attention and just randomly projected some ideal waifu character in her.

Jan 30, 2020 7:50 AM

Nov 2012
This thread has waaaaaay too many people who think they know the story and characters better than the author does.

Guys and ladies, it's simple,

Wait until the last chapter. Re-read the whole story again, preferably with the official English translations when they come, take notes of the foreshadowing and hints, read Negi's interviews, and then you can nitpick on what should have been developed better.

And STOP with the character bashing, a character behaving irrationally, weirdly, bratty or cringe doesn't automatically mean they are badly written. It's like you people forget you are reading a story about TEENAGERS.

P.S. If you want to have a constructive discussion whether positive or negative head on to my profile, I don't like going to forums that much anymore.

SuperRedJan 30, 2020 7:56 AM
Jan 30, 2020 1:26 PM
Aug 2010
madberry said:
I don't have anything against Yotsuba, but I still don't really sense any feelings of love from Fuutarou towards her

^ pretty on point, his actions are overly platonic

YggdraSEED said:
...he would've confessed to each of them in their own arcs, but he didn't so that only proves he has no romantic feelings to the other four, to Yots as shallow as it may seem or small the romantic feelings he had, it exists compared to nothing it's better

^ yep, rly strong point

Lezbhonest guys, we should be happy Negi didnt plot this towards typical harem crap, were in this case Fu-kun would start chaoticaly and rly densely having romantic feelings towards all of them - if we view it from such stand point, then we r quite lucky that Negi built Fu-kuns character the way he did :D
Still wondering what has Negi in store for us in these last few chapters though.
Jan 30, 2020 4:38 PM
Feb 2018
Since the conffesión feels like Fuutaro is ignoring the other sisters and their feelings, he didn´t respond to their confesions.
Jan 31, 2020 3:57 AM
Jul 2018
Yay maybe there another ending
Jan 31, 2020 9:47 AM
Dec 2019
I'm happy to finally see the confession and the proposal..... But I dunno I'm just not feeling it. I like Yotsuba enough and all that. But the real lack of romantic tension between her and Fuu throughout the entire run I think it was just seems so meh about them getting together.
I mean think about it, aside from the faux confession when from Yots when Fuu had stomach pains, and her licking the cream off his face, if you gender swapped Yotsuba for a boy and was the Quints "brother" would her character been that much different? Throughout the whole run she is basically Fuu's bro.
spiked_spiegelJan 31, 2020 1:28 PM
Feb 4, 2020 9:53 AM
Jan 2020
This chapter was meh. Even with the confession and marriage proposal. Fuutaro and yotsuba are so blah. It’s really boring to see
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Chapter 4 Discussion

ichii_1 - Oct 13, 2017

6 by Matheus050 »»
Nov 24, 2023 7:40 AM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Chapter 60 Discussion

Congintive - Oct 31, 2018

34 by MeCuMint »»
Oct 16, 2023 7:12 PM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Chapter 47 Discussion

ReaperCreeper - Oct 21, 2018

7 by MeCuMint »»
Oct 1, 2023 7:00 PM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Chapter 44 Discussion

badbass55 - Dec 25, 2018

7 by MeCuMint »»
Sep 30, 2023 7:25 PM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Chapter 88 Discussion ( 1 2 )

shanimebib - Jun 3, 2019

50 by FreedomCanned »»
Sep 28, 2023 1:42 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.