Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 18, 2020 2:28 PM
Dec 2019
Great episode compared to Index S3 were the story and characters are scattered all over the place this is more focused and better. Can hardly w8 for Touma and Gunha Sogiita to meet that will be the best part in the whole anime.
Jan 18, 2020 3:19 PM

Feb 2010
SapphyeePH said:

Also Kongou + Misaka combo are really OP dude.

misaki and misaka are the best OP combo.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Jan 18, 2020 3:27 PM

Jun 2012
zinlister said:
Great episode compared to Index S3 were the story and characters are scattered all over the place this is more focused and better.

I agree. Better paced and less messy than the last episode. I just hope Kuroko gets a chance to shine in this show outside of gags.
Shoot first, think never.
Jan 18, 2020 3:28 PM

May 2019
It was a good episode, the running event was interesting, showing a bunch of hilarious moments (the hamsters, when Misaka and Kongou put the green rivals away usind that mattress). And the second part with Misaka sister replacing the real one in that kind of "prison ball".

On the other hand, love that animation was the same as that of the previous 2 seasons, instead of using that new, more "flat" style, which they used in the Accelerator spin off.
Jan 18, 2020 3:30 PM

Mar 2015
The 3 legged race was pretty cool. :)

Whatever else happens this season I hope that Saten gets a decent sized part. I have been a fan of hers since the Level Upper arc in Season 1.
The sword that takes life gives life
Jan 18, 2020 3:50 PM
Oct 2018
As to aru fans, I would says that Misaka probably is worst hero in to aru series in term of motivation. When she hit the wall, she always almost broken. Just see sisters arc, also in later series (including this Daihasesai arc).

Dont get me wrong, I like Misaka as character. But after saw all to aru protagonist, I think Misaka motivation isnt that impresive.

JC never do justice to to aru series so makes anime watcher only hates Touma eventhough his motivation is most impressive one (especially in NT). But hey, at least Accel got recognition.
Jan 18, 2020 3:51 PM
Oct 2018
Back to Railgun T

I cant believe that JC cares about Gunha. His scene is most impressive scene in this episode. Also Misaka mother appear on Railgun. Not very impressed since I already know her in Index ii. Then Misaki scene is as good as I expected xD

I cant wait for next episode. Misaki meets Touma directly after a year & 10032 action. Hype for that.
Jan 18, 2020 5:17 PM

Feb 2010
Haunt-bot said:
zinlister said:
Great episode compared to Index S3 were the story and characters are scattered all over the place this is more focused and better.

I agree. Better paced and less messy than the last episode. I just hope Kuroko gets a chance to shine in this show outside of gags.

this is probably the only arc where she does besides her own arc in index main series.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Jan 18, 2020 6:16 PM

Nov 2017
this episode event occured on index episode 8.
but, even i said that.. this episode acctualy happen but doesnt give the touma point of view animation (this is science side afterall)

bondtuxJan 18, 2020 6:29 PM
Now Loading.....
Jan 18, 2020 8:53 PM

Dec 2013
hazarddex said:
DarknessReality said:

Im still confused on how Kuroko got injured. I dont remember at the end of Railgun S her getting seriously injured in the final fight. But it has been a while so I might have forgotten it.

go read the index novels then remember this is a side story and unless you have full knowledge this seasons going to leave a lot out for explanations because it expects you to have knowledge from the main series.

It was shown in Index S2.
First or second arc.
Jan 18, 2020 9:45 PM

Oct 2008
spofes again huh...
ED by Kishida Kyoudan & the Akeboshi Rockets was a banger!
4/5.

Jan 19, 2020 12:05 AM

Feb 2010
Kamiyan3991 said:
hazarddex said:

go read the index novels then remember this is a side story and unless you have full knowledge this seasons going to leave a lot out for explanations because it expects you to have knowledge from the main series.

It was shown in Index S2.
First or second arc.

no one watches the index anime so i will tell them to read the novel instead.

Jan 19, 2020 12:12 AM

Sep 2013
best girl Misaki is still super adorable especially when Konori confiscated her remote control LUL.

i love this series so much 6 years and its still going insanely strong even though its still airing its already definitely my AOTS and tbh wouldn't be surprised to be an AOTY even if its still this early because its already insanely good when there isn't anything happening yet which means when that stuff get animated OMG
Jan 19, 2020 2:53 AM

Jun 2019
I can't wait for the next episode. It's gonna be so fun hehehe.
Jan 19, 2020 3:35 AM
Jun 2017
Shokuhou was so damn funny this episode.
Jan 19, 2020 8:20 AM

May 2015
HAMSTERS FTW!

Best MILF is back!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 19, 2020 8:26 AM

Apr 2013
DidiGetsRekt said:
Kuroko got injured in Index 2 in the arc which precedes the festival
Also the second arc of S (which isn't in the manga) was de-canonized as Wannai asks Awatsuki if she "ever got in a fight"

Ah ok that makes sense then. I was confused when she said that, since I vaguely remember them participating in the big fight at the end of the Chemicaloid arc.
Jan 19, 2020 9:02 AM

Aug 2009
ArbiterofWhim said:
DidiGetsRekt said:
Kuroko got injured in Index 2 in the arc which precedes the festival
Also the second arc of S (which isn't in the manga) was de-canonized as Wannai asks Awatsuki if she "ever got in a fight"

Ah ok that makes sense then. I was confused when she said that, since I vaguely remember them participating in the big fight at the end of the Chemicaloid arc.

You should forget that arc even exists since this episode -thankfully- retconned it to oblivion.
Jan 19, 2020 9:15 AM

Apr 2013
ssjokg said:
You should forget that arc even exists since this episode -thankfully- retconned it to oblivion.

Agreed lmao. I decided to rewatch both seasons of Railgun in preparation for T and was given a bit of a shock, since it's been so long. My fondness for the Sisters arc must have made me forget how bad most of the other arcs were, especially the Chemicaloid arc. Those were some of the most hilariously pathetic villains I've ever seen in an anime.
Jan 19, 2020 10:27 AM

Aug 2009
ArbiterofWhim said:
ssjokg said:

Agreed lmao. I decided to rewatch both seasons of Railgun in preparation for T and was given a bit of a shock, since it's been so long. My fondness for the Sisters arc must have made me forget how bad most of the other arcs were, especially the Chemicaloid arc. Those were some of the most hilariously pathetic villains I've ever seen in an anime.

What angers Toaru fans is that it made beloved characters act out of character.

Hell I could have forgiven how they portrayed Kuroko's and Misaka's powers( a)Misaka should have no issues fighting mobile suits/power armor and b) both should have been dead at the end) if at least the characters werent treated so shitty.

Jan 19, 2020 11:04 AM
Jun 2019
OK I was confused why Kuroko was injured, assumed it was because I skipped the last ten or so episodes of S. But nope, it’s because I stopped Index when I finished season 1 😂

Ugh. I wanna be able to follow what’s going on, but man is Index a slog. Mostly because of the titular character, but also I’m just not a fan of harem shenanigans. I really just want to be able to watch Railgun and Accelerator haha
Jan 19, 2020 1:24 PM

Apr 2016
episode 2 and the only good things are the OP and ED.. I start to think that the "T" in the name stands for TRASH...
I'll watch one more episode... Hope it will be better.

Jan 19, 2020 1:46 PM

Oct 2019
joshua10red said:
episode 2 and the only good things are the OP and ED.. I start to think that the "T" in the name stands for TRASH...

Eh? What don't you like? Did you watch Index before, or even just Railgun? I'm pretty sure that if you liked Railgun S you should like this one.
I really like Raildex, Mushoku Tensei, Dragon Quest Dai, Sabikui Bisco, Re:Zero, and Monogatari!
Jan 19, 2020 1:55 PM

Apr 2016
DidiGetsRekt said:
joshua10red said:

Eh? What don't you like? Did you watch Index before, or even just Railgun? I'm pretty sure that if you liked Railgun S you should like this one.

I watched all Index and Railgun..this season feels so average.. It doesn't have the intensity from Railgun S. Is like an OVA filler. Maybe because is been many years since last Railgun season my anime taste changed and I'm not liking the same things as when I started watching anime. So far after 2 episodes is not bad as Index 3 but for me is not what i expected.. Well that's just my opinion

Jan 19, 2020 2:00 PM

Oct 2019
joshua10red said:
DidiGetsRekt said:

I watched all Index and Railgun..this season feels so average.. It doesn't have the intensity from Railgun S. Is like an OVA filler. Maybe because is been many years since last Railgun season my anime taste changed and I'm not liking the same things as when I started watching anime. So far after 2 episodes is not bad as Index 3 but for me is not what i expected.. Well that's just my opinion

I see what you mean... Basically you feel as though nothing much is happening right?
Well see it like this: the arc starts slowly while stuff happens behind the scenes (you saw that at the end of the episode) and it starts to build up until it reaches a very intense action filled climax!
Railgun pacing is slow, but if you keep watching, you can be sure that stuff will happen.
I really like Raildex, Mushoku Tensei, Dragon Quest Dai, Sabikui Bisco, Re:Zero, and Monogatari!
Jan 19, 2020 3:28 PM
Mar 2017
People who only watch railgun:I want to see misaka and friend's more!
Touma/Misaki/Gunha:uhhh sure?
Jan 19, 2020 3:34 PM
Jan 2016
Good episode!

Saten is always so funny!

Misaka and Kongo pair was awesome, and they made quite an awesome save on that litle girl!

The moment with Uiharu, Saten and Misaka's mother was funny!

Seems Member are doing things in the shadows!

Misaka's clone got mixed in festival, curious to see more!
Jan 19, 2020 3:59 PM

Feb 2007
Ah, Shokuhou, doesn't it suck to have an ability that needs external tools to work? :P
Jan 20, 2020 2:24 AM

Apr 2018
Kuroko still best waifu lolol. Woah now MEMBER is making their appearance yet again. This is actually pretty good so far unlike the butchered index s3
Jan 20, 2020 2:33 PM

Nov 2016
One of the best sport festival episodes and Mikasas mom is really needs more screen time.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 20, 2020 3:38 PM

Nov 2013
lol Misaka clone stealing the spotlight ... what will happen next episode? KININARIMASU!
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jan 21, 2020 12:53 AM

Jul 2016
fuckgendo said:
They changed it bc it looked too similar to Japan’s flag during their imperialism days

I'm not referring Gunha's "Rising Sun" t-shirt but the different color-palettes his t-shirt have in-between scenes from the PV.
Jan 23, 2020 8:21 AM

Aug 2017
I like how the Misaka clone from Index stealed her original spotlight lol.

And MEMBER finally appeared.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 23, 2020 6:58 PM

Nov 2017
Inori_Hatsune said:
As to aru fans, I would says that Misaka probably is worst hero in to aru series in term of motivation. When she hit the wall, she always almost broken. Just see sisters arc, also in later series (including this Daihasesai arc).

Dont get me wrong, I like Misaka as character. But after saw all to aru protagonist, I think Misaka motivation isnt that impresive.

JC never do justice to to aru series so makes anime watcher only hates Touma eventhough his motivation is most impressive one (especially in NT). But hey, at least Accel got recognition.

- Misaka was not a hero.. she is only a heroine and she is just normal shoujo protagonist but with shounen prtagonist plot anime.
- i agreed that she doesnt had a motivation like the true protagonist of toaru series, bcoz she already had anything that she need...
- "she's always almost broken when she hit the wall".. man, she lived on bright side on academy city that had lot of dark side than the bright side, just imagine that her friends know what she was did on the dark side (like kuroko or saten ruiko realize that misaki fighting ITEM alone and number one level 5 to prevent CRAZY EXPERIMENT.)
- JC staff only work on "popular" adaptation.
Just in case if you dont know, JC staff would working on NT if the sales of Railgun T reach the TARGET.
Now Loading.....
Jan 24, 2020 1:07 AM
Nov 2018
Feels a pinch slow though I suppose they had to do more character intros. It was fine. Kongo time is always fun. Maybe a little to impatient to enjoy all the small cute characterizations.

Interesting how we’ve moved onto semi acceptance that anime touma is a bit dull. Misakas lack of guts is there to make touma have a great protagonist quality. Balance out her power and brains.
Jan 24, 2020 8:26 PM
Oct 2018
bondtux said:
Inori_Hatsune said:

- Misaka was not a hero.. she is only a heroine and she is just normal shoujo protagonist but with shounen prtagonist plot anime.
- i agreed that she doesnt had a motivation like the true protagonist of toaru series, bcoz she already had anything that she need...
- "she's always almost broken when she hit the wall".. man, she lived on bright side on academy city that had lot of dark side than the bright side, just imagine that her friends know what she was did on the dark side (like kuroko or saten ruiko realize that misaki fighting ITEM alone and number one level 5 to prevent CRAZY EXPERIMENT.)
- JC staff only work on "popular" adaptation.
Just in case if you dont know, JC staff would working on NT if the sales of Railgun T reach the TARGET.

Whatever you says, she still main hero on railgun. And to be honest misaki so far better both in manga & LN. Yes misaka live in bright side of AC, but if you read manga or LN you will know that her character development isnt that impressive. She is not only broke in sisters arc & daihasesai arc, but also in magic god arc. I do want misaka development going better since she is my favourite female chara on to aru series. But to be honest, she somehow overated.

Misaki in other hand gives me homura vibe except that fact she isnt broken at all.

As for railgun T stuff. To be honest as long JC gives justice it will undoubtly give huge succsess since T had all to aru fans like (mostly that Touma & misaki scene). But again, JC never do justice to other series besides railgun is pissed me off.
Jan 24, 2020 9:21 PM

Nov 2017
Inori_Hatsune said:

As for railgun T stuff. To be honest as long JC gives justice it will undoubtly give huge succsess since T had all to aru fans like (mostly that Touma & misaki scene). But again, JC never do justice to other series besides railgun is pissed me off.

oh, did you mean jc only work on railgun, instead of another franchise like :
- accel manga
- astral buddy
- idol accelerator sama
- kagaku dark matter?
Now Loading.....
Jan 26, 2020 3:35 AM

Jul 2009
Kuroko is always so fun! She is the reason why I watch it.

I just hope to don't see much of Touma here...he is the reason I didn't watch the others franchises
Jan 26, 2020 3:51 AM

Nov 2019
bittersweetlove said:

I just hope to don't see much of Touma here...he is the reason I didn't watch the others franchises
I think you'll be pretty much disappointed so. :/
Jan 28, 2020 10:25 AM

Jul 2009
Tsumilk said:
bittersweetlove said:

Thank you for telling me :(
I wish they didn't force Mikasa to have a love interest here...
Jan 28, 2020 10:28 AM

Aug 2009
bittersweetlove said:
Tsumilk said:

Imagine wanting to get rid of a trait that defines and develops her in a better character.
Jan 29, 2020 1:44 AM

Feb 2010
bittersweetlove said:
Tsumilk said:

railgun is the side story and she had the love interest before railgun existed. your argument has no valid logic behind it.

Jan 29, 2020 1:55 AM

Jul 2016
bittersweetlove said:

Hm? Touma x Mikoto ship has been a thing ever since 2005 lol.
Jan 31, 2020 5:14 PM

Dec 2013
Gunha's speech about guts was amusing.

The others racers didn't stand a chance against Misaka and Kongou team.

One of the clones get to compete but I have a feeling she's about to get kidnapped...
Feb 7, 2020 2:33 AM

Jul 2012
Nurguburu said:
I like how the Misaka clone from Index stealed her original spotlight lol.
It was as expected since she was lurking around at the festival. I'm excited to see where things go from here!
Mar 8, 2020 11:49 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode and a great start of a new arc i may assume.
The school's competition seems so fun!

Wonder how Misaka's sister will perform in the next episode because they are apparently trying to affect her powers? But they don't know it's not her ;)
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 18, 2020 7:02 AM
May 2020
This episode was hella entertaining. I could feel the differences between watching Touma and Index messing in Russia, and Misaka-tachi doing random things at Daihaseisai. Never been so invested this early in a tournament arc before...
Jan 24, 2021 1:34 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Ah I see how it works now. Railgun S took an good but understated arc from index and then expanded upon it and fleshed it out to the point where it became just shy of a masterpiece. And now, railgun T is taking an arc out of index II, expanding upon it from misaka’s point of view, and making it FUN!

The Dahasahai sorry I can’t spell arc from index was the one I wanted to see more from. I wanted to see more of these games that implemented esper powers. But instead most of the time was dedicated to touma chasing down the hot horny busty blondie. Now, we’re getting an actual look at the games and the actual scale of this festival, pretty freaking huge. Now if I remember correctly the bad guys whatever they were at the time, Roman Orthodox Church perhaps? I don’t fucking care. But anyway some bad guys send I believe two chicks to infiltrate academy city during the festival, busty blonde chick, and now I’m guessing the chick who didn’t know how to use a phone is the other one? A magic user or whatever I guess.

ANYWAY so far I have been super enjoying this and if it keep me this happy for even just the festival arc I’ll be so happy. But there is one or two more arcs afterward isn’t there. HYPE

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 5, 2021 5:51 AM

Sep 2012
Sogiita is hilarious lol

Misaka's friends and misaka's mother talking behind her back and misaka embarrassed at the same time lol
Jun 29, 2021 4:28 AM

Aug 2018
Shadow metal, hm.. Which is born if many espers abilities are used.. Interesting..
I hope that Misakas get opportunities to do, what they want.. I mean, there are other things besides school in life.. But who knows what they are interested in at all..
Also that's why maybe Misaki is lower than Misaka at level.. Her power can even be better, really.. Just that if you take the remote control from her - it seems she already almost can't use her powers?.. Because in itself controlling people is a very huge power..
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2020

127 by cebrayillia »»
Mar 15, 4:22 PM

» Season 4?

removed-user - Jan 20, 2022

10 by waalex11 »»
Mar 13, 3:25 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2020

56 by Karva1 »»
Mar 4, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Aversa - Aug 7, 2020

54 by Karva1 »»
Mar 4, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 15, 2020

250 by Karva1 »»
Mar 3, 3:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.