Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 26, 2020 7:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh poor Haruka, left in a mess after all this chaos.

And Koharu Hondomachi ...not bad for a detective in finding out an open element in the case. I mean, I think she still needs some improvement but being useful this time around is important in finding out the true culprit. This show can be really unpredictable.
Stark700Jan 26, 2020 7:39 AM
Jan 26, 2020 7:42 AM

Apr 2016
Sorry but that scene with the swat team was dumb .. what kind of a breach team just randomly try to find out what is inside of an unknown object that quite possibly can contain an explosives device ...
Jan 26, 2020 7:42 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So Inami Nahoshi is the Gravedigger... it was a very interesting episode, the best one so far imo
Jan 26, 2020 7:45 AM

Dec 2014
ok here deduction is really something...hmmm
Jan 26, 2020 7:51 AM

Aug 2013
Hondomachi is pretty good.

Another interesting episode. I'm interested in learning more about this John Walker guy.

Jan 26, 2020 7:56 AM
Sep 2015
I'm wondering if Johnnie Walker is not appear in real world yet, or if it's a character that already appear, maybe even within the organization?
Jan 26, 2020 8:11 AM

Oct 2017
Wow Hondoumachi turned out to be much better than I thought. She almost single handedly rooted out the culprits of this case. This episode was amazing and the best so far imo.
Swagernator said:
Sorry but that scene with the swat team was dumb .. what kind of a breach team just randomly try to find out what is inside of an unknown object that quite possibly can contain an explosives device ...

I agree with u here but I guess they were desperate since there might have been victims still alive in those barrels.
Jan 26, 2020 8:12 AM

Dec 2015
As much as I'm glad that Houndoumachi wasn't poisoned with that kiss... WHAT WAS THAT!! I'm left even more confused with that ending.
Jan 26, 2020 8:17 AM
May 2017
Hondomachi is suprisingly competent. that gravedigger twist was unexpected. I'm still curious about John Walker
Jan 26, 2020 8:28 AM
Jul 2018
I liked how the episode progressed and Hondomachi's investigations. This is a mystery show after all. But I missed Narihisago. His development is the most interesting part for me.
Jan 26, 2020 8:38 AM

Jan 2009
nice episode ye the brain can malfunction like that like confusing love and killing urges

the brain and mind can be a huge walking contradiction a lot of times anyway

is walking contradiction related to Johnny Walker too? am i a brilliant detective now too? lol
Jan 26, 2020 9:44 AM

Jul 2016
This anime is so much better than kyokou suiri.
Jan 26, 2020 10:11 AM
Nov 2017
This was a great episode. Sadist girl was quite the interesting counterpart to lolI detective. She seemed quite crazy the entire conversation. From her voice to her facial expression. I think for such a simple scene it was animated quite well. John walker. What exactly is he I wonder?
And detective loli is showing her worth like I predicted lol. I expect her to dive into the I'd well at some point but shes doing fine as a gifted detective in the real world. It might be interesting to have her serve as a counterpart to male mc. Her development has great potential
Jan 26, 2020 10:38 AM
Apr 2016
The episode plays a lot around the John Walker - the victim in the ID-well, who is actually an another twisted by the John Walker serial killer, refers to him as a monster, and her "boyfriend" is trying to hide her, while fighting against John Walker (trying to protect her mind from him?). Ultimately, her boyfriend "dies" to John Walker, just like her.

@alshu
You were right about the kiss, they did not make Kazuto kiss her to stage a kidnapping. They have gone for a way better narrative.

Re:formed
Jan 26, 2020 11:07 AM

Aug 2018
Well I guess you can't beat a woman's intuition in terms of love stuff... though I bet Kazuta lures nearby and is eady to jump with his knife at anytime
Jan 26, 2020 11:20 AM

Jun 2017
Didn't expect Hondomachi to be this smart. At least Sakaido didn't die in the well this time.
Jan 26, 2020 11:34 AM
May 2019
Another fantastic episode, so sadist girl was a grave digger all along.
Hondomachi's investigations skills are top notch.
That cliffhanger at the end is killing me can't wait for the next episode.
Jan 26, 2020 11:40 AM
Apr 2016
Some more foreshadowing I finally cared to notice - during the ending the old-man (the facility director) is seen holding his hands in a prayer, while later on the John Walker persona's silhouette is presented... as a cathedral. Should be a big hint enough.
Jan 26, 2020 11:42 AM

May 2018
Daniel_Naumov said:
They have gone for a way better narrative.

Not sure about "better".
Having those two impulses switched is kind of stupid...I enjoyed this twist never the less.
Jan 26, 2020 11:42 AM

May 2018
Well. Inami Nahoshi is the Gravedigger and her accomplish is just in the other room with a knife.
Jan 26, 2020 11:55 AM
Apr 2016
alshu said:
Daniel_Naumov said:
They have gone for a way better narrative.

Not sure about "better".
Having those two impulses switched is kind of stupid...I enjoyed this twist never the less.

Oh COME ON...
Why is it not a better one? From the standpoint that it could turn out into a stupid kidnapping through a kiss, the culprit was actually expressing twisted love since his brain damage messed up his whole value system. If anything it paints Kazuto more as a victim, rather than simply an accomplice to a serial killer. A complex psychological-physiological problem humanity can only theorize upon, there is not telling correctly.
Jan 26, 2020 12:09 PM

Feb 2018
Well this was interesting, but I can't figure out the logic, why is she so sure?? Maybe the subs missed on some of the conversation's subtelity!!
'I have no bonds tying me down. That's why I can see things as they are!!' - Yugami
Jan 26, 2020 12:11 PM
Apr 2016
shubh_jain_2 said:
Well this was interesting, but I can't figure out the logic, why is she so sure?? Maybe the subs missed on some of the conversation's subtelity!!

They really did not. The girl was acting "strange" and out-of-place, her obsession with the wound was clear and she did nothing to hide it.
Jan 26, 2020 12:27 PM

Jul 2017
Is it just me, or were the frames very choppy at the very beginning?

ngl I thought we were gonna have another super villain ala Ai Magase on our hands, but it seems like the case is gonna be solved next ep. Legal loli finally proved her worth lol, still ends up getting involved with all the dangerous people

Swagernator said:

idk, they were pretty cautious about it though? Like it's not like they just barged in and started destroying things lol. Plus there was the whole scare that there could be a potential victim still in there or a newly planted one so there was also that sense of urgency
Jan 26, 2020 12:27 PM

May 2018
Daniel_Naumov said:
From the standpoint that it could turn out into a stupid kidnapping through a kiss, the culprit was actually expressing twisted love since his brain damage messed up his whole value system.

How about him just running away or first trying to strangulate her but stopping and running away after seeing the hole in her forehead bleeding?
Jan 26, 2020 12:33 PM
Apr 2016
alshu said:
Daniel_Naumov said:
From the standpoint that it could turn out into a stupid kidnapping through a kiss, the culprit was actually expressing twisted love since his brain damage messed up his whole value system.

How about him just running away or first trying to strangulate her but stopping and running away after seeing the hole in her forehead bleeding?

Just running away would make little sense, even considering how little sense everything makes when we are dealing with psychology and brain workings. The second one would also not make much sense in-story as he does not have any reason to trigger at blood or forehead hole, besides being damaged the same way.
Jan 26, 2020 1:10 PM

May 2018
Daniel_Naumov said:

Just running away would make little sense, even considering how little sense everything makes when we are dealing with psychology and brain workings.

It makes sense - he is there to check on the copy cat killer, someone recognizes him, he panics an runs away. The investigator lady recognises guilty conscious, makes some guess about his brain damage obstructing the psycho-pass thingy ect.

Daniel_Naumov said:
besides being damaged the same way

The image of her forehead sounds like a horrible PTS inducing view for anyone who have being trough the same.
Jan 26, 2020 1:21 PM
Apr 2016
alshu said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

Just running away would make little sense, even considering how little sense everything makes when we are dealing with psychology and brain workings.

It makes sense - he is there to check on the copy cat killer, someone recognizes him, he panics an runs away. The investigator lady recognises guilty conscious, makes some guess about his brain damage obstructing the psycho-pass thingy ect.

Daniel_Naumov said:
besides being damaged the same way

The image of her forehead sounds like a horrible PTS inducing view for anyone who have being trough the same.

Except the man is brain-damaged, he is not the same human being to whom a "normal" behaviour pattern would apply.
Jan 26, 2020 1:33 PM

Dec 2019
I really enjoyed the focus on Hondomachi, she's definitely the most interesting character to me and (hoping that she doesn't die or get injured further) I would love to see more of her deduction in the rest of this season
Jan 26, 2020 3:06 PM
Dec 2017
I'm really appreciating this series. Delivering on all notes just like Psycho-Pass 3 did last season.
Jan 26, 2020 4:19 PM

Nov 2011
Damn Hondomachi coming up strong in this episode!!!

Yes she is cute too!

Saikaidou and john Walker are an interesting pair...what John's role to the story will be interesting especially since all the Killers so far are frightened of him.

I really want Sakaidou and Honomachi to meet IRL.

Damn that Swat team got Thanos snapped.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jan 26, 2020 4:51 PM
May 2016
Well except for the fact that I can't understand why the doctors didn't close up Hondomachi's head wound (at least the skin so it doesn't "leak") this show is a pretty fun ride every week.
Jan 26, 2020 6:36 PM

Jan 2018
Fricking Inami. She kept dodging the questions.

No wonder she is the Gravedigger. Kazuta's there so I'll be definitely intersted on what happens next.

Damn cliffhangers.
Jan 26, 2020 6:41 PM

Jul 2016
phantomfandom said:
I'm wondering if Johnnie Walker is not appear in real world yet, or if it's a character that already appear, maybe even within the organization?

I reckon his blurred out face means he is somebody already apart of the show.

Probably the old bearded dude who is there boss.
Jan 26, 2020 6:45 PM
Oct 2017
glad to see a competent detective agency, damn tho i think this is Ei's magic of insanity is not turning out like shit.
Jan 26, 2020 7:37 PM

Jul 2012
Short_Circut said:

Swagernator said:

idk, they were pretty cautious about it though? Like it's not like they just barged in and started destroying things lol. Plus there was the whole scare that there could be a potential victim still in there or a newly planted one so there was also that sense of urgency

They were cautious, but they still could have given it a little more time to bring in the bomb squad to make sure that a potential new victim wasn't booby-trapped.
Jan 26, 2020 8:02 PM

May 2019
Hondomachi proving her haters wrong.

That after credit scene was thematically brilliant. Completely changed/evolved the episodes nuances and dynamics.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Jan 26, 2020 10:16 PM
Mar 2019
The girls English VA was super annoying as usual. But great episode again nonetheless . Shame there wasn't more with the good ol great detective.
Jan 26, 2020 10:38 PM

Mar 2016
My wish came true. The girl isn't a damsel in Distress; she's actually intelligent. Also, I'd been thinking about her age since a child doing police work didn't make any sense. I'm glad the anime didn't make her a child prodigy since they are much rarer than animes make them appear.

Sakaido was brilliant. He immediately solved the mystery.

I love the dream-like feeling the ID gives off. Also, I did not think Kaeru-chan was floating.

John Walker is back and he actually scared me a little, even though I know nothing about him.

When Hondomachi was interrogating the girl, the questions and answers helped me see that the girl was the real killer, and I thought Hondomachi would be surprised with an attack, but she had actually figured things out quite early on. That was just awesome!!
Jan 26, 2020 11:12 PM

Jul 2012
Might be the best episode so far. Hopefully quality stays this way.
Jan 26, 2020 11:23 PM

May 2018
Daniel_Naumov said:

Except the man is brain-damaged, he is not the same human being to whom a "normal" behaviour pattern would apply.

Yeah, suddenly starting assisting your ex girlfriend becoming a serial killer is not a "normal behaviour pattern".
Jan 27, 2020 1:38 AM

Jun 2016
NICE episode...

i like hondomachi.... potential waifu ?

it sad tho that the swat team depend on device that only measure killing... which is dumb

this well is quite peaceful...

in the post-credit... can you guys summarized for me ?
Jan 27, 2020 1:57 AM

Aug 2016
Really good episode. Don’t want to wait a week.
Jan 27, 2020 3:34 AM
Apr 2018
If this show continues to deliver great episodes just like this, it might end up as my AOTS.
Jan 27, 2020 4:19 AM

Mar 2015
Well done Hondomachi, though I was a bit confused to how she was able to reach the conclusion that the girl is a sadist (probably from her tone and expressions? or the fact that she kept looking at Hondomachi's wound?), but that was still pretty impressive
Jan 27, 2020 4:35 AM
Dec 2019
I'm glad the show finally answered its most pressing question: Hondomachi's age! So wait, she is 23? Wut? K, I'll just accept that. Though I guess with that the theory that this is an Inception-style plotline where Hondomachi is actually the one who is the "master detective" (and looks like her younger self) out of the window.
On that point: she seems to be the only capable person in the investigation team. Someone who can deduce things on her own. The others are usually just staring at what Sakaido is doing and draw the most basic conclusions.

So yeah, I actually liked this episode a lot.
SylverthasJan 27, 2020 4:43 AM
Jan 27, 2020 5:10 AM
Apr 2019
I actually wasn’t that much of a fan of Hondomachi’s deductions regarding the girl. I didn’t really see the signs to pick up on the fact that she is the real Gravedigger. I wonder how many viewers would have reached the same conclusion from just the conversation, without the ominous BGM screaming “this girl is Evil!”

Otherwise a good episode. The split second problem solving from Sakaido certainly drew a chuckle.
Jan 27, 2020 6:21 AM

Oct 2015
I thought that this episode was alright but it didn't have much that of an impact than all the other episodes did. Some parts in the episode felt really ironic.

Latest Blog: BLARE FEST 2023
Latest Review: Hyouka

Jan 27, 2020 7:48 AM

Aug 2017
There isn't too much Sakaido this week but I predicted that the swat team scene would be a trap. So, Inami Nahoshi is the real Gravedigger.

Pretty good episode except the obvious scene of the explosives.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 27, 2020 8:37 AM

Dec 2019
So, Hondoumachi will not become the main antagonist of the comment sections, after all. Glad that things turned out this way because the previous episode's ending promised some controversial narrative decisions. While not perfect, this show certainly doesn't disappoint.

Nice episode overall. The SWAT guys were too careless for a real unit, and Hondoumachi didn't have a right to draw her weapon and accuse a person of being a criminal, since there were no facts but just assumptions, but it doesn't affect the bigger picture. Not in the slightest.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Id:Invaded Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2020

202 by KeepCalmAndMal »»
Apr 19, 5:15 PM

Poll: » ID:Invaded Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2019

106 by KeepCalmAndMal »»
Apr 19, 4:55 AM

» Spoilers problem

Quarter034 - Nov 8, 2023

2 by Kristiwazhere »»
Mar 16, 3:01 PM

Poll: » ID:Invaded Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2019

128 by RobotFK »»
Feb 8, 11:39 AM

Poll: » Id:Invaded Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2020

100 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 23, 2023 12:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.