Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 23, 2020 8:50 AM

Dec 2018
First off allow me to say that I do not believe Texhnolyze is a show for everyone, it is slow and painful, and I do not see this show ever getting the love or attention it deserves. Texhonlyze is easily in my opinion, one of the most underrated and undervalued pieces of art I've ever come across. I could go on for ages about this show in detail, but I feel the words of a fellow admirer, whom I do not know personally, better capture a short picture of what Texhnolyze is about.

"I could gush about Texhnolyze for ages, particularly Hiroshi Hamasaki's masterful direction—he was also responsible for Shigurui and Orange, as well as one of the most striking episodes of Paranoia Agent—but I'll focus on the topic here. While the show seems to be aimed at tearing down the hopes of mankind, I would say its final message is more nuanced, embodying what Camus would call "embracing the absurd." What Texhnolyze presents is a world where the constant desire to seek meaning at the expense of others results in a slowly decaying loop of violence, held stable by those who derive their own meaning in existence from maintaining what order can be in the face of inexorable entropy. Outside agents, themselves driven to madness by a preoccupation with meaning and meaninglessness, disrupt the cycle and force those trying to keep these fragile systems in check to confront their own priorities and systems of morality for what they are; and ultimately, there is a nobility in their choice to remain loyal to others and do what they think is right in the face of the crushing void. Our protagonist, however, is the only one who truly transcends: He has no investment in meaning, having lived purely for the sake of it through brute force for years after having his parents taken from him, and thus has no illusions to shed, only a desire for understanding and, in the end, to do what he sees as fulfilling despite there being no "point" to it. In other words, you don't need any ultimate meaning to care about others or make up your mind about what you need to do. It's a very liberating moral, even if the context is intensely tragic."

Do you guys think more people should give Texhnolyze a go? Should it have more recognition? I personally feel that it is one of the best portrayals of a protagonist struggling against a decaying society, with no real goal or motive regarding the society itself, but for a much more simple purpose, trying to live, all Ichise wants to do is live. And I think the simple thought and act of wanting to live, is a beautiful thing.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/26/Texhnolyze
shuzekyJan 23, 2020 8:53 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 23, 2020 9:04 AM

Feb 2010
No, I think it's a niche show and the people who are interested in that kind of stuff will eventually get around to watching it and the rest would just end up downvoting it if we made them give it a go.

I also think you're mis-selling the appeal of the show by narrowing it down to a single interpretation when the beauty of it is that there are many different readings and interpretations of the show and its themes. It's purposefully not intended to have one, singular meaning and there are many competing interpretations floating around, some more concrete (like yours) and others more abstract or symbolic and that's one of the main reasons why I like the show so much. Plus of course the directing and atmosphere and cinematography.

On a different note, what's up recently with the trend of making threads about one single anime on AD? Don't those threads belong in their respective Series Discussion subforums? In my experience this kind of missionary behaviour has the opposite effect more often than not - either making people get sick of having the show shoved in their faces and therefore avoiding or starting to dislike it, or making people who aren't really interested in that kind of show check it out just to see 'what the fuss is all about' and then they of course hate it because it's a niche show that doesn't appeal to them.

So as much as I like both Tex and Ping Pong (which got a similar thread recently) I'm very skeptical about the helpfulness of threads like this.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jan 23, 2020 9:07 AM

Dec 2018
Pullman said:
No, I think it's a niche show and the people who are interested in that kind of stuff will eventually get around to watching it and the rest would just end up downvoting it if we made them give it a go.

I also think you're mis-selling the appeal of the show by narrowing it down to a single interpretation when the beauty of it is that there are many different readings and interpretations of the show and its themes. It's purposefully not intended to have one, singular meaning and there are many competing interpretations floating around, some more concrete (like yours) and others more abstract or symbolic and that's one of the main reasons why I like the show so much. Plus of course the directing and atmosphere and cinematography.

On a different note, what's up recently with the trend of making threads about one single anime on AD? Don't those threads belong in their respective Series Discussion subforums? In my experience this kind of missionary behaviour has the opposite effect more often than not - either making people get sick of having the show shoved in their faces and therefore avoiding or starting to dislike it, or making people who aren't really interested in that kind of show check it out just to see 'what the fuss is all about' and then they of course hate it because it's a niche show that doesn't appeal to them.

So as much as I like both Tex and Ping Pong (which got a similar thread recently) I'm very skeptical about the helpfulness of threads like this.
yeah i totally get you about the interpretations holding their value. i do happen to be particularly passionate about Texhnolyze. However, i do not feel that any part of mal holds the quantity of discussion as forum posts, as to why i decide to post these thoughts here, and i believe that they have, to my pleasant surprise, been mostly legitimate discussion or opinions on the topic. so id rather have these discussions on a part of mal where they will garner more attention, ive also had several people inform me of their desire to check out a show after these kinds of threads, if people are hurt by other's opinions its not my issue, if people go into an anime with misconceptions thats not my issue, if people dont like an anime because they've seen it alot thats not my issue, if people dont like an anime because its niche thats not my issue
shuzekyJan 23, 2020 9:16 AM
Jan 23, 2020 9:08 AM

Aug 2018
Yes, but only if they can survive the soul crushing abyss without becoming near suicidal.
Jan 23, 2020 9:08 AM

Dec 2018
Bebop_Hakusho said:
Yes, but only if they can survive the soul crushing abyss without becoming near suicidal.
i should probably put that somewhere in fine print
Jan 23, 2020 9:15 AM

Dec 2018
definitely, trullly an experience
Jan 23, 2020 9:17 AM

Feb 2010
Shutos said:
Pullman said:

yeah i totally get you about the interpretations holding their value. i do happen to be particularly passionate about Texhnolyze. However, i do not feel that any part of mal holds the quantity of discussion as forum posts, as to why i decide to post these thoughts here, and i believe that they have, to my pleasant surprise, been mostly legitimate discussion or opinions on the topic. so id rather have these discussions on a part of mal where they will garner more attention, ive also had several people inform me of their desire to check out a show after these kinds of threads, if people are hurt by other's opinions its not my issue

I mean everybody wants exposure for their threads, but I'm pretty sure it's still technically against the rules to post individual anime discussions on AD when Series Discussion subforums exist. Just imagine if everyone started making threads about their favorite anime on AD, it would be chaos. This forum's purpose is to discuss the medium as a whole and anything that relates to that, or at least specific genres, studios and creators that create discussion beyond the reception of one specific series. I know the individual series forums are fairly dead, but I still don't want AD to be filled with threads that only talk about one specific show.

That other thread about Ping Pong also seems to have disappeared, I'm assuming because it didn't belong here.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jan 23, 2020 9:21 AM

Jan 2011
i liked it, that being said the show sometimes tries to hard to confuse the viewer or make him feel bored (particularly that 1st ep like wtf was that?)

i dont think the show needs to be more popular but its something id recommend to people who want kill em all/futility of all/meaningless of human existence type of conclusion
Jan 23, 2020 9:22 AM

Dec 2018
Pullman said:
Shutos said:
yeah i totally get you about the interpretations holding their value. i do happen to be particularly passionate about Texhnolyze. However, i do not feel that any part of mal holds the quantity of discussion as forum posts, as to why i decide to post these thoughts here, and i believe that they have, to my pleasant surprise, been mostly legitimate discussion or opinions on the topic. so id rather have these discussions on a part of mal where they will garner more attention, ive also had several people inform me of their desire to check out a show after these kinds of threads, if people are hurt by other's opinions its not my issue

I mean everybody wants exposure for their threads, but I'm pretty sure it's still technically against the rules to post individual anime discussions on AD when Series Discussion subforums exist. Just imagine if everyone started making threads about their favorite anime on AD, it would be chaos. This forum's purpose is to discuss the medium as a whole and anything that relates to that, or at least specific genres, studios and creators that create discussion beyond the reception of one specific series. I know the individual series forums are fairly dead, but I still don't want AD to be filled with threads that only talk about one specific show.

That other thread about Ping Pong also seems to have disappeared, I'm assuming because it didn't belong here.
im just trying to have engaging active discussions, if they want to keep deleting me go for it. the 60+ people i talked with on the ping pong thread were all engaging, and im not going to sacrifice the amount of discussion i can have for the integrity of this public website's forums and blogs, which arent even set up optimally, and which outside of forums, are completely dead. sorry if it annoys you
Jan 23, 2020 9:23 AM

Dec 2018
silversaint said:
i liked it, that being said the show sometimes tries to hard to confuse the viewer or make him feel bored (particularly that 1st ep like wtf was that?)

i dont think the show needs to be more popular but its something id recommend to people who want kill em all/futility of all/meaningless of human existence type of conclusion
what exactly did you find meaningless about the human existence in the show? not saying i agree or disagree, but im down to hear more of your thoughts on that
Jan 23, 2020 9:29 AM

Jan 2017
In my opinion Texhnolyze is nothing but a waste of time. It tries to have dozen concepts none of which it fully explores and it's boring as hell. It's nothing but confusing. I'd rather recommend Serial Experiments Lain (it's shorter and it has nice visuals) and Ghost in the Shell.
Jan 23, 2020 9:36 AM

Dec 2018
MySweetLucifer said:
In my opinion Texhnolyze is nothing but a waste of time. It tries to have dozen concepts none of which it fully explores and it's boring as hell. It's nothing but confusing. I'd rather recommend Serial Experiments Lain (it's shorter and it has nice visuals) and Ghost in the Shell.
yeah one of the biggest complaints about texhnolyze that ive heard from some of my more casual anime friends is that is too boring and that it doesnt actually explore anything to care about, i happen to love lain and ghost in the shell, as i've actually written a review on the movie. I will say, that it was my second watching of Texhnolyze that made it absolutely resound in my heart and brain, and i already had it on my favorites after the first watch. id recommend approaching it again in the future with different expectations or a different mindset. however i definitely understand why you feel that way
Jan 23, 2020 9:39 AM

Dec 2018
Fosn said:
Maybe or maybe not. The fact is, I have yet to see it.
that definitely sounds like a fact alright, if you're into nihilistic, dark, anime that revolve around a decaying society, then id go for it
Jan 23, 2020 9:39 AM
Apr 2016
Why should anyone see anything? Is there an incentive? A biological urge? A natural attraction? The culmination of reason?
Shutos said:
Fosn said:
Maybe or maybe not. The fact is, I have yet to see it.
if you're into nihilistic, dark, anime that revolve around a decaying society, then id go for it

If I personally were interested in that, I would be watching U.S.A. news daily.
Re:formed
Jan 23, 2020 9:40 AM

Jan 2017
Shutos said:
MySweetLucifer said:
yeah one of the biggest complaints about texhnolyze that ive heard from some of my more casual anime friends is that is too boring and that it doesnt actually explore anything to care about, i happen to love lain and ghost in the shell, as i've actually written a review on the movie. I will say, that it was my second watching of Texhnolyze that made it absolutely resound in my heart and brain, and i already had it on my favorites after the first watch. id recommend approaching it again in the future with different expectations or a different mindset. however i definitely understand why you feel that way

What? I'm a casual? Can't I just be a guy who dislikes Texhnolyze? I watched it 2 years ago and I don't really give a shit.
Jan 23, 2020 9:43 AM

Dec 2018
MySweetLucifer said:
Shutos said:

What? I'm a casual? Can't I just be a guy who dislikes Texhnolyze? I watched it 2 years ago and I don't really give a shit.
sorry i may have worded my initial response wrong, i dont really care if youre a casual or not, nor do i care if you dislike texhnolyze, just trying to get more people to open their minds up to it thats all. although i dont see whats wrong with being a casual anime fan, nor would i see how that would affect one's opinions. if anything it would just affect the amount of anime they've watched
shuzekyJan 23, 2020 9:46 AM
Jan 23, 2020 9:44 AM

Dec 2018
Daniel_Naumov said:
Why should anyone see anything? Is there an incentive? A biological urge? A natural attraction? The culmination of reason?
Shutos said:
if you're into nihilistic, dark, anime that revolve around a decaying society, then id go for it

If I personally were interested in that, I would be watching U.S.A. news daily.
underrated reply, yes yes i agree sir
Jan 23, 2020 9:46 AM
~Watching Anime

Oct 2018
I watched it once, and it's brilliantly dark. I would never willingly watch it again.
Have suspicions, not faith.
Jan 23, 2020 9:46 AM
Aug 2018
It's a pretty good show, but whenever I see someone with it in their top 10, I really don't get it. Personally, I didn't really get that much out of it.
Jan 23, 2020 9:48 AM

Dec 2018
ChiMur said:
I watched it once, and it's brilliantly dark. I would never willing watch it again.
yeah honestly i dont know how i ever talked myself into that re watch, i will say it was one of the most enjoyable and enlightening re watches ive ever decided to go for, and that was after i already loved it on the first watch
Jan 23, 2020 9:49 AM

Dec 2018
StarManOfAtmora said:
It's a pretty good show, but whenever I see someone with it in their top 10, I really don't get it. Personally, I didn't really get that much out of it.
i totally understand that 100%. It would take too much time for me to really go into the exact minute details in why i love exactly what i love about the show and to the extent that i do. but i definitely understand not having that strong drive toward it
Jan 23, 2020 9:50 AM

Dec 2018
Fosn said:
Shutos said:
that definitely sounds like a fact alright, if you're into nihilistic, dark, anime that revolve around a decaying society, then id go for it
All I can tell you is that I won't hate it. If it happens what I really think will happen during the show, I will probably like it.
i would say to do your best to avoid and preconceptions you may have or may have seen. but if you think you'll like the vibe of it then awesome
Jan 23, 2020 9:51 AM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
No because not everyone has the same taste as you. People can watch whatever they want to watch.
Jan 23, 2020 9:52 AM

Dec 2015
I don't think the majority would like it as much as you do. Even if you get a somewhat hopeful message out of it it's still very bleak in tone and, especially in the first episode, quite slow. I'm personally not against such niche series as I liked Texhnolyze myself and Lain is in my favorites but for the general public it would be too, i don't know, esoteric? Complicated? Confusing? Remember that most people don't exactly watch anime to think about such concepts. They watch because they want to relax and, in some cases, even completely shut their brains off and more action or comedy packed series like Shingeki no Kyojin or Konosuba are way better for that. It doesn't even matter if Shingeki no Kyojin has a lot to say about some subjects in itself. People watch it because of the action and Texhnolyze, good as it is, has very little of that.
Jan 23, 2020 9:52 AM

Jan 2017
Shutos said:
MySweetLucifer said:

sorry i may have worded my initial response wrong, i dont really care if youre a casual or not, nor do i care if you dislike texhnolyze, just trying to get more people to open their minds up to it thats all. although i dont see whats wrong with being a casual anime fan, nor would i see how that would affect one's opinions. if anything it would just affect the amount of anime they've watched

I only watch 80ies, 90ies and lotsa sports-anime since a year. Maybe I am a casual since I don't watch seasonal trash, and ain't interested in Anime as a science. I have read more manga than you. Maybe you are more casual than me in this regard. What does casual even mean? Is it the number of Anime someone has watched? Or is it the kind of anime someone watches and enjoys?
I still think Texhnolyze is trash. I'm more of an Action fan. I just don't care for overly-philosophical trash. That's just it.
Jan 23, 2020 9:55 AM

Dec 2018
MySweetLucifer said:
Shutos said:

I only watch 80ies, 90ies and lotsa sports-anime since a year. Maybe I am a casual since I don't watch seasonal trash, and ain't interested in Anime as a science. I have read more manga than you. Maybe you are more casual than me in this regard. What does casual even mean? Is it the number of Anime someone has watched? Or is it the kind of anime someone watches and enjoys?
I still think Texhnolyze is trash. I'm more of an Action fan. I just don't care for overly-philosophical trash. That's just it.
okay thats fine. it isnt that deep. like what you like and hate what you hate. i have definitely dedicated more of my time to watching anime than reading manga. i have also recently started enjoying older anime, and i enjoy a couple of sports anime, currently watching haikyuu which i know isnt older, but we'll see where it goes
Jan 23, 2020 10:04 AM

Jul 2015
MySweetLucifer said:

Whats so confusing about Texhnolyze? Or rather, how is it more confusing than Lain?
Also, GITS has no fleshed out characters, that talk about emotions, while not expressing any of the emotions in any way. Plus plot is too short and action unsatisfying, why would you prefer it over Texhnolyze?
MySweetLucifer said:

Interesting, considering you have Evangelion and Vagabond in your fav list.
Jan 23, 2020 10:26 AM

Jan 2017
N1eR said:
MySweetLucifer said:

Whats so confusing about Texhnolyze? Or rather, how is it more confusing than Lain?
Also, GITS has no fleshed out characters, that talk about emotions, while not expressing any of the emotions in any way. Plus plot is too short and action unsatisfying, why would you prefer it over Texhnolyze?
MySweetLucifer said:

Lain is better than Texhnolyze because it has ONE concept which it explores really good. Btw Lain is gorgeous to look at. I know it has both character desighns by Abe but I simply love Lains style more.
GiTS and Lain are both concept driven. Of course they have no deep character emotions, the characters are purely there to give Artwork to the concepts.

And REALLY? You try to compare Texhnolyze with EVA and Vagabond?
First of all I love Shinji Ikari, he's one of my favourite characters. Btw EVA has one of the most positive endings I've ever seen.
I mean EVA is so surreal and so entertaining and Texhnolyze is just a snoozefest.
Vagabond is a great story and you really can't compare 22-23 Episode long Anime to a 300+ chapters long manga. It has a great epic story with great messages about life etc. (Texhnolyze don't), It has deep and interesting characters who you learn better and better while Texhnolyzes characters aren't even characters if you really think about it and I haven't cared about any of them. Texhnolyze is just too confusing. That gang-war stuff and that prothesis cyberpunk stuff, that spiritual ghost stuff, that heaven and hell stuff, that "guy pushes blade in wall, and blood comes out" stuff. I mean it's incredibly stupid.
Jan 23, 2020 10:32 AM
May 2019
N1eR said:

Which Ghost in the Shell are you talking about here?
Cause Stand Alone Complex definitely has flashed out characters and satisfying action, while the movie 1995 is mostly philosophical and less action oriented.

OT: The problem with Texhnolyze is that it's depressing to watch, and it will definitely go over the head of the average viewers who can't even handle Pet.
It's a must watch for fans of cyberpunk and deep psychological thrillers.
Jan 23, 2020 10:34 AM

Dec 2018
MySweetLucifer said:
N1eR said:

Lain is better than Texhnolyze because it has ONE concept which it explores really good. Btw Lain is a gorgeous to look at as hell. I know it's both character desighns by Abe but I simply love Lains style more.
GiTS and Lain are both concept driven. Of course they have no deep character emotions, the characters are purely there to give Artwork to the concepts.

First of all I love Shinji Ikari, he's one of my favourite characters. Btw EVA has one of the most positive endings I've ever seen.
I mean EVA is so surreal and so entertaining and Texhnolyze is just a snoozefest.
Vagabond is a great story and you really can't compare 22-23 Episode long Anime to a 300+ chapters long manga. It has a great epic story with great messages about life etc. (Texhnolyze don't), It has deep and interesting characters who you learn better and better while Texhnolyzes characters aren't even characters if you really think about it and I haven't cared about any of them. Texhnolyze is just too confusing. That gang-war stuff and that prothesis cyberpunk stuff, that spiritual ghost stuff, that heaven and hell stuff, that "guy pushes blade in wall, and blood comes out" stuff. I mean it's incredibly stupid.
So, i could easily make as many points about why i love texhnolyze, the characters, the story, and the world, i dont think there is any point in directly comparing series like that, very very different series at that. I love Ichise, Eriko, Yoshii, Oonishi, and Ran from Texhnolyze, i could genuinely put any of these characters on my favorites,i also feel that the gang side of the texhnolyze world is an entertaining and crucial aspect of the shows world building, i also think spiritual/ghost side of texhnolyze shows very real implications in how humans can perceive life, i think that oonishi stabbing the wall and blood coming out, is something im not going to spoil and say that you might not have understood fully. regardless, i think that Lain, Eva, Ghost in the Shell, and Texhnolyze are all pieces of art, and i love each one of them, yes each explore different concepts, or different amount of concepts, but i believe each holds value, and each deserves to be appreciated
shuzekyJan 23, 2020 10:38 AM
Jan 23, 2020 10:35 AM

Dec 2018
Xstasy said:
N1eR said:

Cause Stand Alone Complex definitely has flashed out characters and satisfying action, while the movie 1995 is mostly philosophical and less action oriented.

OT: The problem with Texhnolyze is that it's depressing to watch, and it will definitely go over the head of the average viewers who can't even handle Pet.
100% agree about pet, glad to see someone make that comparison
Jan 23, 2020 10:39 AM
May 2015
Tried it because a lot of people were saying it's good. I gave the first 3 episodes a shot and I ended up dropping it. It was BORING AF! I don't care if it gets better later on but I only have a limited amount of free time and I want to make sure I enjoy every second of those.

Jan 23, 2020 10:41 AM

Aug 2016
Shutos said:
Texhonlyze is easily in my opinion, one of the most underrated and undervalued pieces of art I've ever come across

I like Texhnolyze, but I don't think it is underrated/undervalued. It is a niche show. Not all people want to watch depressing/nihilistic shows.
Another thing people need to finally understand that your opinion is not opinion of the masses. If you think something is "underrated" it doesn't mean it really is. The majority of people think otherwise. Anyway, Tehx rating is 7.7 which is well above average.
Jan 23, 2020 10:42 AM

Dec 2018
jc9622 said:
Tried it because a lot of people were saying it's good. I gave the first 3 episodes a shot and I ended up dropping it. It was BORING AF! I don't care if it gets better later on but I only have a limited amount of free time and I want to make sure I enjoy every second of those.
yeah thats understandable, it is very slowly paced and is very punishing if you are looking for something different, if your preferences ever change at all, i recommend giving it another chance
Jan 23, 2020 10:43 AM

Dec 2018
RandomFriday said:
Shutos said:
Texhonlyze is easily in my opinion, one of the most underrated and undervalued pieces of art I've ever come across

I like Texhnolyze, but I don't think it is underrated/undervalued. It is a niche show. Not all people want to watch depressing/nihilistic shows.
Another thing people need to finally understand that your opinion is not opinion of the masses. If you think something is "underrated" it doesn't mean it really is. The majority of people think otherwise. Anyway, Tehx rating is 7.7 which is well above average.
that is why it is my opinion, as i am not speaking for the masses, nor am i speaking on behalf or towards the majority of people
Jan 23, 2020 10:54 AM

Aug 2016
MySweetLucifer said:
I'm not that fucked in the head and suicidal like other peoples are

Has Shinji Ikari in favs...

Shutos said:
that is why it is my opinion, as i am not speaking for the masses, nor am i speaking on behalf or towards the majority of people

Then the answer to your own question should be obvious to you: No, it is not underrated.
Jan 23, 2020 10:55 AM

Dec 2018
RandomFriday said:
MySweetLucifer said:

Shutos said:

Then the answer to your own question should be obvious to you: No, it is not underrated.
im trying to have discussion's with other people on that topic, not impose my will or to affirm my own opinions, i just like discussion
Jan 23, 2020 10:56 AM

Jan 2017
RandomFriday said:
MySweetLucifer said:

And that's important becaaaaaause…
Edit: I already erased my last comment because I forgot how triggered these weebs can get.
MySweetLuciferJan 23, 2020 10:59 AM
Jan 23, 2020 10:59 AM

Dec 2018
Pullman said:
Shutos said:

after some reconsideration, fair points, lesson learned. asking a mod in dms about the series specific forum because it never let me post new posts there
Jan 23, 2020 11:03 AM

Aug 2016
MySweetLucifer said:
RandomFriday said:

And that's important becaaaaaause...

You say everyone who likes Texh they is fucked in the head and suicidal.
Could say the same about you since you have Shinji in favs and everyone here knows Eva for its depressed characters.
Texh is depressing and confusing, yes, but doesn't mean that people who like it are depressed/suicidal. You can't assume how people are, just because they like something you dislike.
Jan 23, 2020 11:07 AM

Jan 2017
RandomFriday said:
MySweetLucifer said:

And that's important becaaaaaause...

Could say the same about you since you have Shinji in favs and everyone here knows Eva for its depressed characters.
Texh is depressing and confusing, yes, but doesn't mean that people who like it are depressed/suicidal. You can't assume how people are, just because they like something you dislike.

Shinji is a great character and he reminds me of my teenage self. The end of EVA (the TV-Show) gave his drama a brilliant conclusion. In this regard EVA is one of the most positive shows in existence. It's all about self-perception and attitude which is correct. It's not as depressive as Texhnolyze.
Btw I tend to be rude and exaggerating at times. Sorry for offending your very existence.
Jan 23, 2020 11:13 AM

Dec 2018
MySweetLucifer said:
RandomFriday said:

Shinji is a great character and he reminds me of my teenage self. The end of EVA (the TV-Show) gave his drama a brilliant conclusion. In this regard EVA is one of the most positive shows in existence. It's all about self-perception and attitude which is correct. It's not as depressive as Texhnolyze.
Btw I tend to be rude and exaggerating at times. Sorry for offending your very existence.
well if we're talking about self-perception, i believe that Ichise from Texhnolyze had an amazing story and conclusion, he had nothing but terrible things happen to him, and he lived for the sake of living, an actthat many people downplay or do not appreciate whatsoever, in the setting of Texhnolyze, Ichise's will to live is profound, even when Eriko goes through her character development, and we see that what she really cares about with texhnolyzation, is to create closeness between two humans who have lost the ability to be close, and she desires to just give up on the world and die with Ichise, he chooses to live. and i think that his character is truly inspiring. i also LOVE ikari shinji, he is truly one of the most relatable characters to me regarding feelings of anxiety and depression and how he overcomes them. i think theyre both great shows with great merit and value in the stories and characters
Jan 23, 2020 11:15 AM

Dec 2018
Nefelupitou said:
I really enjoyed watching Texhnolyze, but I didn’t understand a thing, though I felt a hollow inside my soul after I finished the show, it was the first time I felt like this, I really recommend the show, it is worth the time.

Someday I want to re-watch and I hope I’ll have a better understanding about the everything
yes yes yes. i loved texhnolyze after my first watch, after watching it a second time it resounded to me in ways i never would have imagined
Jan 23, 2020 11:24 AM

Jun 2007
If they're tired of modern trends, CGDCT, and ecchi/harem isekai, and want something completely different. then yes. Also, "I like to sing, but only when I'm drunk."
Jan 23, 2020 11:30 AM

Jul 2015
Xstasy said:
N1eR said:

I was talking about the movie. SAC is pretty good and less oriented on action than that movie.
MySweetLucifer said:
Lain is better than Texhnolyze because it has ONE concept which it explores really good.

It has relationships of an young girl
it has internet
it has cultural differences between east and west
it has religion
and what not...

Texhnolyze connects every concept to meaninglessness

and I asked, whats so confusing about Texhnolyze?
MySweetLucifer said:

whats that supposed to mean?
Also, characters should express emotions when they are bubbling that said emotions are making them feel alive.
MySweetLucifer said:

UH, sorry, should not have compared these trashes to the greatness that is Texhnolyze...
MySweetLucifer said:

Why is that mediocre character one of your favourite characters, though?
Except EVA's endings show nothing positive.
Only 2/3 of EoE is surreal in all of evangelion and it made no sense... why is that a positive? And how is it entertaining, when it is just a-monster-of-the-week type of a story? It IS a snoozefest. Texh is a snoozefest? Why? Because it does not have Asuka/Misato's butt in every other scene? How is that a criticism?!
MySweetLucifer said:

Stop lying. You just like it for pretty artwork and braindead action. I have read its 50 chapters and its one of the most cringiest attempts of being "philosophical and psychological"... "Hurr durr we both can only speak with swords, so cool"... 22 episodes? Texh has more depth in its first half than the whole Vagabond.

It is not stupid, you just have no attention span if there is no fanservice or action in every other scene. Gangs had their own philosophies and were shown as hypocrites and their war was started by an anarchist, because he did not want for down "world" to become as emotionless as the upper "world". Prothesis were there to showcase that the world could not evolve anymore and the doctor wanted to have the meaning of life. Heaven and hell were the different sides of the coin, basically a nihilistic version of Plato's cave. Bleeding is irrelevant and if anything, you should have considered it as surrealistic and thus liked it. Bleeding is nothing when compared to the nonsense that was "tumbling down" scene, where Anno literally put IRL images there (For example, the death threats that were sent to him and the guy sitting in cinema, showing a middlefinger to the audience).
MySweetLucifer said:
RandomFriday said:

And that's important becaaaaaause…
Edit: I already erased my last comment because I forgot how triggered these weebs can get.

Calm down, Shinji
MySweetLucifer said:
RandomFriday said:

"its correct cuz I said so"
Jan 23, 2020 11:51 AM

Jan 2018
i think it's very good, but maybe the average joe just doesn't have the patience for something like this. i mean, it's the kind of anime you really need to pay attention and give it some time, and some people just don't feel like doing that. i'm not trying to say us guys who like these kinds of shows are smarter or some stupid shit like that, i just like slow and sort of melancholic shows like this one, lain, eva, boogiepop phantom. i think if you force people to watch texnholyze they just wouldn't like it. some people just want to have some quick fun you know, and that's all right. sometimes i can't watch stuff like this either, it's way too tiring sometimes.
Jan 23, 2020 11:56 AM

Dec 2018
ee_tramboliko said:
i think it's very good, but maybe the average joe just doesn't have the patience for something like this. i mean, it's the kind of anime you really need to pay attention and give it some time, and some people just don't feel like doing that. i'm not trying to say us guys who like these kinds of shows are smarter or some stupid shit like that, i just like slow and sort of melancholic shows like this one, lain, eva, boogiepop phantom. i think if you force people to watch texnholyze they just wouldn't like it. some people just want to have some quick fun you know, and that's all right. sometimes i can't watch stuff like this either, it's way too tiring sometimes.
yeah i totally understand and agree with that, just hoping for some good discussion and to potentially show someone something they may not have thought about exploring
Jan 23, 2020 12:03 PM
Apr 2016
If you ask me this neanderthal is simply prolonging the "discussion" by agreeing with any kind of statement you make. He does not add anything valuable, not participates in the discussion itself.
This might be some new mental issue and WE might be standing on the edge of a new history of modern psychology!
Jan 23, 2020 12:06 PM

Dec 2018
Daniel_Naumov said:
If you ask me this neanderthal is simply prolonging the "discussion" by agreeing with any kind of statement you make. He does not add anything valuable, not participates in the discussion itself.
This might be some new mental issue and WE might be standing on the edge of a new history of modern psychology!
i have very clearly stated what i enjoy about texhnolyze, its story, and its characters, and i can go into more detail if you would like. i enjoy the discussion bred from different opinions and am not trying to insert my own opinions on anybody, but rather observe the opinions of others and contribute my own thoughts when i feel its appropriate. but you seem awfully upset for a single discussion thread about a single show
Jan 23, 2020 12:09 PM
Apr 2016
If you really care about this discussion then prove it and reflect upon what the other primates say on this topic. And let them know it, so there is just some sort of dialogue that might move the mindset just somewhere.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Texhnolyze Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

xXDaijinkazeXx - May 6, 2009

174 by chow141 »»
Apr 10, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Texhnolyze Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ston3_FreeN7 - Nov 14, 2009

66 by Sanak_ »»
Apr 4, 4:08 AM

» If you connected with any of these characters, why?

sheaswee - Feb 7

14 by KitsuFrost »»
Mar 31, 6:37 PM

Poll: » Texhnolyze Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

loghneckbeard - Apr 28, 2010

53 by I_is_lost »»
Jan 11, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Texhnolyze Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zepwich - Dec 9, 2009

63 by I_is_lost »»
Jan 11, 12:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.