Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 23, 2020 12:41 AM
Sep 2018
Seems like this anime has also come under the effect of trolling, check out the stats(About 3% with 1 rating).
Its looks like soon, top 10 will only be occupied by the more popular ones.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Jan 23, 2020 12:45 AM

Jul 2012
Nothing compared to Chihayafuru 3 lol

Jan 23, 2020 12:53 AM
Apr 2016
That's unfortunate. However, I am expecting an overall fix very soon, so I'm not too worried.
Jan 23, 2020 1:13 AM

May 2019
Its score was 9.10 when i joined MAL, thats pretty sad, its an easy target because it has a small fanbase.

Mayuka said:

The funny thing is that this isn't even the worst Chihayafuru had to go through, it had 30% 1/10 to 25% 10/10 at some point
Jan 23, 2020 1:20 AM

Jul 2012
Kobayasan said:
The funny thing is that this isn't even the worst Chihayafuru had to go through, it had 30% 1/10 to 25% 10/10 at some point
Yes, a lot of the fans bumped all their scores to 10/10 just to balance it out so now, it's 17.8% 1/10s.
Jan 23, 2020 1:36 AM

Nov 2016
I don't even care anymore for this top anime list, I know how great LOGH is and where it is on my list.
Jan 23, 2020 1:45 AM
May 2019
Not everyone who gives something a 1 is a troll maybe they just didn't like it, it also has it's own fare share of boosters.
They promised they are gonna solve this issue so we just have to wait for them to implement the solution.
Jan 23, 2020 1:50 AM

Mar 2015
Don't worry, I'm sure there's enough people out there praising lotgh. It's MAL score going down won't hurt it's reputation lol
Jan 23, 2020 4:53 AM
Sep 2018
@Xstasy
I just check the stats and just moving 3-5 pages, I have found 5 troll accounts, who rated it with 1, one can confirm it himself or herself.
Also, the score drop from 9.02 to 8.99 in a few days time span is huge.

Proof -

Some other profiles I have found who rated this anime "1"
izyaniyan
LavonteConner

I am just saying that MAL being one of the most used site by the anime community, these things are going to hit hard, especially for the new fans who want to venture into something new, apart from the more popular ones. Low scores of some good/genuine anime which may be of their taste may prevent them from giving it a chance.
One good example I can think of for myself is Uchouten Kazoku and also my all-time favourite Now and then, here and there
Both for me are excellent anime but low scores and less popularity cost me a while to get into them.
Now I have learned my lesson. :p

@Mirai
No matter what one says, low scores definitely hinder an anime's growth and I am speaking in a general sense, not specifically for this anime
Jan 23, 2020 10:41 AM

Sep 2017
Wow the score just dropped hard lately, it used to be at 9.10 before the trolling that began last year (and would be at +9.20, threatening FMAB without all the fake accounts)
Jan 23, 2020 10:45 AM

Dec 2017
9.10 > 8.99 Great community we have

Jan 23, 2020 11:01 AM

Nov 2016
Lol, ok, that's rather unusual, I could've swown the score was still at 9.04 a few weeks ago when I started it. But honestly, why should fans care so much about validation, everyone who has seen it knows how good it is and that should be satisfying enough.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 23, 2020 7:44 PM

Mar 2018
This is yet another display of mongrels grouping their mindless efforts into combating that which they deem unfit. To hell with such existence of lesser men!

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Jan 23, 2020 10:08 PM

Nov 2018
Hopefully once MAL finally rolls out anti-botting software after millennia of waiting, and many of those accounts are removed, the score will jump back up to around 9.10 where it was a few months ago. This'll also boost up the scores for a lot of top rated shows.

The only reason they're targeting LotGH is because of the low vote tally, as a few hundred votes can easily influence the rating by quite a bit, just like Chihayafuru with it's few thousand votes before the trolling commenced.

My current goal is to revamp all the character details for High School DxD and have all the characters included in the DB.
MAL Badges is back bitches! Check the club for more info
Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Jan 23, 2020 11:53 PM

Jun 2009
LoGH ratings have been trolled for as long as I've been on this site. Surprised its taken this long to get it below 9.

Mayuka said:

The vote totals are roughly the same, but the percentage of 1 votes is more for Chihayafuru 3 because less people have scored it.

ModoRetro said:
9.10 > 8.99 Great community we have

LoGH used to be higher than 9.10.

twoego said:
That's unfortunate. However, I am expecting an overall fix very soon, so I'm not too worried.

If you expect the devs of this site to be able fix anything competently, you haven't been around long enough.
loghneckbeardJan 23, 2020 11:59 PM
Jan 24, 2020 2:27 AM
Aug 2016
Xstasy said:
Not everyone who gives something a 1 is a troll maybe they just didn't like it, it also has it's own fare share of boosters.
They promised they are gonna solve this issue so we just have to wait for them to implement the solution.
False, it's literally 99 percent trolls. Before the bots came in it almost didn't have 1 ratings. So check your facts first before you speak.
Jan 24, 2020 2:46 AM
May 2019
BladeCast said:
Xstasy said:
False, it's literally 99 percent trolls. Before the bots came in it almost didn't have 1 ratings. So check your facts first before you speak.

So are you saying that you personally checked every single account that gave it 1 and concluded that they are trolls?
All I said was that not everyone who gave it one is necessarily a troll, I didn't say that trolls didn't exist.
Besides score don't even matter enjoyment does, they are hardly a reflexion of quality.
The drop in score won't hurt LOTGH since it is already a well known anime in anime community.
Kineta already said that they are working on a solution so you just have to wait.
Jan 24, 2020 2:51 AM

Jan 2017
Trolling? Are you sure that it's not just because not everyone likes LoGH (me included)? I wouldn't rate it 1 but come down, who cares?
Jan 24, 2020 3:37 AM

Sep 2017
_cjessop19_ said:
Hopefully once MAL finally rolls out anti-botting software after millennia of waiting, and many of those accounts are removed, the score will jump back up to around 9.10 where it was a few months ago. This'll also boost up the scores for a lot of top rated shows.

The only reason they're targeting LotGH is because of the low vote tally, as a few hundred votes can easily influence the rating by quite a bit, just like Chihayafuru with it's few thousand votes before the trolling commenced.

I'm not a math guy, but if troll accounts are deleted, I'm pretty sure LOTGH won't return to its 9.10 score but instead jump to ~9.20 (before getting downvoted again by panicked FMAB fans)
Jan 24, 2020 4:11 AM

Jan 2018
all top 10 anime has sudden increase of 1/10
Jan 24, 2020 7:48 AM

Apr 2018
I love this anime and I don't care where it's ranked becuz this top 10 list is just full of troll accounts who manipulate the list according to their taste so that no anime can beat their favorite. Unfortunately this a pretty old and not a mainstream show so obviously it's easy for some salty shounen fans to downvote such a lagendary show. I honestly would have never watched this show if I haven't seen this show in top 10 but I think a lot of people know it's reputation so it doesn't matter to them but people who are new and doesn't now about such anime will give it a try if it's highly rated.
Jan 24, 2020 12:50 PM

Dec 2015
Xstasy said:

Theyre doesn’t seem to be much progress on that front, infact I don’t think MAL is doing anything. Chihayafuru, The Great Pretender, now LotgH is suffering the same fate. I honestly don’t care much about this anime’s fate with the score, but clearly trolls realised you can just make 10’000 accounts and just fuck with all anime you want until you downvote it into oblivion.

Also the 1/10 votes are clearly bots, incase u still have doubt about that. The overall 1/10 votes were in the very very low triple digits just a few weeks ago, I checked it myself.
Jan 24, 2020 6:09 PM

Jul 2012
MySweetLucifer said:
Trolling? Are you sure that it's not just because not everyone likes LoGH (me included)? I wouldn't rate it 1 but come down, who cares?
Why would anyone watch 110+ episodes of an anime they score a 1/10 tho

Same with Chihayafuru season 3. Why watch season 1 and 2 if you're gonna give season 3 a 1/10?
Jan 24, 2020 8:06 PM
Jul 2018
Lol the greatest anime ever will soon below the Code Geass. What a beautiful comedy.
Jan 24, 2020 10:35 PM

Jan 2018
Accounts that are not "verified" or have some long time since creation shouldn't even be counted in the score.
Just to show a basic thing and how the score system on MAL is a joke, just see how my list is scored
Jan 24, 2020 10:57 PM

Sep 2018
ouuuch
Rest In Peace soldier
it’s not like the ratings on this site are great anyways
Jan 24, 2020 11:01 PM

Dec 2016
edelgord said:
Lol the greatest anime ever will soon below the Code Geass. What a beautiful comedy.

Much worse: below the Demon Slayer...
Jan 25, 2020 2:09 AM

Jan 2017
Mayuka said:
MySweetLucifer said:

Same with Chihayafuru season 3. Why watch season 1 and 2 if you're gonna give season 3 a 1/10?

I know a german Elitist-Youtuber who watched complete Naruto (220 episodes) and Fairy Tail (first Season) and gave both a 1-2 on MAL.
But he says himself, that "these shows were entertaining, but it's trash and trash deserves a 1". Don't ask, I don't understand this mentality either.
Jan 25, 2020 2:12 AM

Jul 2016
MySweetLucifer said:
Mayuka said:

I know a german Elitist-Youtuber who watched complete Naruto (220 episodes) and Fairy Tail (first Season) and gave both a 1-2 on MAL.

I know a MAL user who watched 700 plus episodes of One piece and gave that a 1.I question why these people would go through the task of watching such enormous amount of episodes only for the aim of giving it a bad rating but i digress.
Jan 25, 2020 2:21 AM

Jul 2012
MySweetLucifer said:
Mayuka said:

But he says himself, that "these shows were entertaining, but it's trash and trash deserves a 1". Don't ask, I don't understand this mentality either.
I think entertaining anime are doing something right if they can get someone to keep watching it. I finished SAO s1 with 25 episodes, it was entertaining. That's 8 hours of my life gone. But I don't think it's a 1/10. Obviously it has a lot of flaws but decent parts to it, like an easily digestable story, good visuals/art, music.

If an anime were really 1 or 2 or 3/10 and it was like more than 12 episodes, I wouldn't even bother. Just drop.

Missaliensan said:
MySweetLucifer said:

I know a MAL user who watched 700 plus episodes of One piece and gave that a 1.I question why these people would go through the task of watching such enormous amount of episodes only for the aim of giving it a bad rating but i digress.
People really have nothing better to do LOOOOL
Jan 26, 2020 8:48 PM

Nov 2018
Themousen said:
_cjessop19_ said:

I'm not a math guy, but if troll accounts are deleted, I'm pretty sure LOTGH won't return to its 9.10 score but instead jump to ~9.20 (before getting downvoted again by panicked FMAB fans)

I think possibly a few shows would jump up in the 9.10s, probably very close to the 9.20s

My current goal is to revamp all the character details for High School DxD and have all the characters included in the DB.
MAL Badges is back bitches! Check the club for more info
Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Jan 28, 2020 12:30 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
LOGH being targeted by certain groups is not new. I remember back in the day some hardcore Clannad fans getting together to bump it down in order for Clannad to overtake it.

In a few years it might not be even in the top 50. As long as Gintama pumps out sequels and with MAL not solving the sequel bias problem, its bound to happen.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 28, 2020 1:19 PM

Oct 2018
Thread locked for not encouraging discussion.
Thread does not encourage discussion, also please refer to this thread for updates on the ongoing score trolling issue, and this thread for the general discussion related to the score problems.
Anime Discussion Rules 2: Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage discussion.
Summertime days, passing gently
Sunlight, leading to an encounter;
Dreams that don't want to end
Continue onwards toward the next day
While she waits in the air.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

97 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 16, 8:39 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 1, 2008

73 by leyaf »»
Apr 13, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 27, 2008

89 by MewkiWay »»
Apr 12, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

109 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 12, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 110 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jun 7, 2008

603 by bruh98hy89 »»
Apr 8, 8:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.