Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 18, 2020 3:48 AM
Jan 2017
I think the title says it best.

What is a show, that you really want to like...but just can't because maybe it has issues or you don't like the characters or another reason?
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 18, 2020 3:58 AM
Jul 2018
Sinankooesa said:
I think the title says it best.

What is a show, that you really want to like...but just can't because maybe it has issues or you don't like the characters or another reason?

Idk why but I just can't get myself to like other YGO series besides GX. I only gave Arc-V a second chance because I heard it is another GX and I like it so far. Maybe I just dislike the over-serious nature of the other protagonists. It just annoys me, like it is just a show about a card game goddammit why are you so freaking serious?! I don't have a problem with only those two while the rest infuriate me.
Jan 18, 2020 5:02 AM

Jul 2019
Monogatari - Bakemonogatari was kinda good, but whenever I wanted to watch any other series from the same franchise I gave up after 10 minutes. Same story in every arc. I'm not really a fan of episodic anime, I feel like I'm watching spongebob. The only anime with that type of storytelling that I really liked were Mononoke and Mushishi. To bad for monogatari, it has a great MC, great waifu material (Senjougahara) and interesting art style.
BNHA - I really like watching shonen anime, and I rated this one 4 or 5. Animation is awesome, ost is cool, character design is great but everything past that... it's not that it's bad, it's non existing. Non exsiting plot, non exsiting villain motives, non existing personalities.
Jan 18, 2020 5:15 AM

Nov 2019
In my case is the movie Garden of Words. I love Makoto Shinkai other works, but I just didn't understand this one. The visuals are incredible, but that's the only positive thing I could gather, for me it was only a succesion of scenes without a clear meaning. It's a short movie, and I hqve watched it twice, but I almost felt asleep in both cases.
Jan 18, 2020 5:17 AM

Jan 2013
i tried to like One Piece after the time skip but just couldn't. The Dressosa arc got so messy and boring I had to give up on it.
Jan 18, 2020 5:59 AM

Nov 2019
Klad said:
i tried to like One Piece after the time skip but just couldn't. The Dressosa arc got so messy and boring I had to give up on it.

Yeah, it also happened to me. The Dressrosa arc have a very interesting plot and Doflamingo is such a good villain, but this arc have way too many episodes, and in most of them doesn't happen absolutely anything. I don't know how I mannaged to end it, but now I'll be resting of One Piece for some time.
Jan 18, 2020 6:01 AM

Nov 2015
Evangelion.

I wanted to like it but can't stand the characters/writing.
Jan 18, 2020 6:05 AM

Jul 2013
If I had to pick a series I guess it would be Hinamatsuri. I feel like a few minor differences could have made this something I loved, but it ended up just being kind of mediocre for me.

NamikazeHime said:
Monogatari - Bakemonogatari was kinda good, but whenever I wanted to watch any other series from the same franchise I gave up after 10 minutes. Same story in every arc. I'm not really a fan of episodic anime, I feel like I'm watching spongebob. The only anime with that type of storytelling that I really liked were Mononoke and Mushishi. To bad for monogatari, it has a great MC, great waifu material (Senjougahara) and interesting art style.
BNHA - I really like watching shonen anime, and I rated this one 4 or 5. Animation is awesome, ost is cool, character design is great but everything past that... it's not that it's bad, it's non existing. Non exsiting plot, non exsiting villain motives, non existing personalities.

On your list I can see you have watched Bakemonogatari and Tuskimonogatari. If you are watching them in the wrong order I can see why you might not be enjoying the other series. I would recommend watching the Kizumonogatari movies. They are very different from the rest of the series and are where you are supposed to go after finishing Bakemonogatari. Tsuki is meant to be watched way later and probably even spoiled quite a bit for you. It is also known for being much weaker than some other parts of monogatari.

Mod edit: Merged double post. Please use the edit function.
MrZawaJan 18, 2020 6:11 AM
Jan 18, 2020 6:08 AM

Jul 2019
Klad said:

Anime was ruined after the time skip. I actually moved on to manga after it. You should definitely check it out, story after the time skip is epic.
Jan 18, 2020 6:08 AM

Jan 2020
Kill la kill and The jojojo bizzarre series

Made by k3ti
Jan 18, 2020 6:09 AM

Jul 2016
Pleasant_pancake said:
Klad said:

Yeah, it also happened to me. The Dressrosa arc have a very interesting plot and Doflamingo is such a good villain, but this arc have way too many episodes, and in most of them doesn't happen absolutely anything. I don't know how I mannaged to end it, but now I'll be resting of One Piece for some time.

Dressrosa was by far the longest arc in one one piece,but I somehow really liked it because there were lots of interesting characters introduced,and the end of the arc was essentially chaos with so many subplots and fights going on which kept me entertained.I like the grand fleet,Donquixote family is pretty cool and obviously donflamingo is an amazing villain.Timeskip really ups the scale on a lot of things and this arc is one example of the magnitude of conflicts in the new world.
SummerynJan 18, 2020 6:14 AM
Jan 18, 2020 6:10 AM

Jul 2019
Calal-Chan said:
NamikazeHime said:

On your list I can see you have watched Bakemonogatari and Tuskimonogatari. If you are watching them in the wrong order I can see why you might not be enjoying the other series. I would recommend watching the Kizumonogatari movies. They are very different from the rest of the series and are where you are supposed to go after finishing Bakemonogatari. Tsuki is meant to be watched way later and probably even spoiled quite a bit for you. It is also known for being much weaker than some other parts of monogatari.

I actually watched it following the order, but I dropped every single one except Bakemonogatari and Tsukimonogatari. I finished Tsuki just because I liked the character design.
Jan 18, 2020 6:10 AM
Jan 2019
Calal-Chan said:
NamikazeHime said:

I up this one. There is also Reddit guide that helps you in watching the broadcast order (most preferred order). For Kizumonogatari, you can do broadcast order or watch it right after Bakemonogatari, making it the light novel release order
Jan 18, 2020 6:14 AM

Apr 2017
I guess if I have to choose one then it would be One Piece. It may have genuinely good story in some parts, but it's way too long and most episodes end up pretty boring and drawn-out as a result. It's also pretty daunting to begin it at all when I imagine how many other potentially better shows I have to sacrifice to watch it, so I never get past the beginning.
Jan 18, 2020 6:20 AM

Aug 2016
Definitely SAO, I really tried my best to like this series because the concept appeals to me since I love video games, as well as the themes it tries to cover such as online relationships, the benefits of an actual virtual reality and how blurry the line separating very advanced AIs and humans can get. But this series almost always manages to fuck something up and I ultimately get disappointed after finishing one of its seasons.

The only arc I fully enjoyed was probably Mother's Rosario.
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Jan 18, 2020 6:20 AM

Jun 2009
Klad said:

Same here, i've watched till luffy started fighting don flamingo, but that fight just kept going and going, while nothing else was happening, and after years of watching one piece, i just dropped it, and didnt look back.
I'm not a manga reader, so i dont know if i ever pick up one piece again. Maybe, and hopefully, we'll get a fullmetal alchemist brotherhood treatment, and one piece will be re-released with less episodes and made more interesting.

An anime that i was never able to like but is really popular in the anime community is 3-gatsu no Lion, i'm usually into action/fantasy anime, but i can appreciate some drama once in a while. Some of my highest rated anime, are drama, for example Koe no Katachi, Your lie in april and Violet Evergarden, but somehow i just fell asleep during 3-gatsu no Lion, multiple times, which usually never happens.
For me, it was uninteresting and i didn't like the characters at all, i still can't understand why it scored 8.44 on mal.
Jan 18, 2020 6:22 AM

Jul 2016
MrZawa said:
I guess if I have to choose one then it would be One Piece. It may have genuinely good story in some parts, but it's way too long and most episodes end up pretty boring and drawn-out as a result. It's also pretty daunting to begin it at all when I imagine how many other potentially better shows I have to sacrifice to watch it, so I never get past the beginning.

I don’t see how you can’t give One piece a try if you have watched all of fairy tail.
Jan 18, 2020 6:29 AM

Sep 2019
Overpowered isekai mc + Harem = Hate.

I just can't try to like it. Every mc was like, get transported to another world and then, " Oh okay. So this is another world!! Yay i can become a hero and have harems now!!! "

It's so bad. Because there is no character developments in it. I was just hoping they could actually tell something about their past life. But yknow, isekai mc is either gets bullied, too busy with their harems, too busy fighting monsters and demon lords, and that's pretty much everything into it.

But, well, there are some good isekai. However, i just don't like isekai with harems. It doesn't sit well with me...

Wandering Witch is the best light novel ever!
Jan 18, 2020 6:31 AM

Nov 2014
i tried evangelion movies , i couldn't get into it , like really , i vvatched 2 and couldnt vvatch more,i got bored.
Jan 18, 2020 6:39 AM

Nov 2019
-Ryu said:
Definitely SAO, I really tried my best to like this series because the concept appeals to me since I love video games, as well as the themes it tries to cover such as online relationships, the benefits of an actual virtual reality and how blurry the line separating very advanced AIs and humans can get. But this series almost always manages to fuck something up and I ultimately get disappointed after finishing one of its seasons.

The only arc I fully enjoyed was probably Mother's Rosario.

Count me in. I thought it'll be my favourite anime when I heard the premise but it was one of those animes which I just liked. It shit on itself when it entirely skipped through 'SAO' in just 14 eps. I wanted more.
Yeah 'Mothers Rosario' was the best arc until Alicization. Should alone be rated over 8 but sadly suffered by the amount of drops in GGO.

Even though I love Alicization, the game aspect is gone and it doesn't feel like SAO anymore. Feels like a sequel and one of my favourite 'stand alone' animes. But I've good news cuz Progressive fully reboots the Aincrad arc properly floor by floor. Probably that'll be the longest running LN series ever. Lol
Biswa_29Jan 18, 2020 6:57 AM
SAO PROGRESSIVE ANIME HYPE
Jan 18, 2020 6:41 AM
Jul 2018
Gantz. I've tried to watch it for years, but ended up dropping it after couple of episodes each time. The characters are so annoying and dumb, maybe they get better as the story progresses, idk. Honestly I still can't get over the fact Kei and Masaru died to save some drunk bum, Like, can you even redeem your dumbness after that?
Anyway, I'll try to watch it again this year, maybe I'll finally like it.
Jan 18, 2020 6:47 AM

Oct 2019
Konosuba, I've watched some episode in the past but I just don't find it funny.
Jan 18, 2020 6:59 AM
Nov 2019
I was looking forward to No. 6 because BL and because it's allegedly inspired by Banana Fish, but alas, it was unbearable to watch. Still my greatest regret to this day. (The manga was pretty decent though.^^)
Jan 18, 2020 7:05 AM

Oct 2013
Shaman King comes to mind.

Awesome concepts and designs, dogshit execution.
Jan 18, 2020 7:14 AM

Jun 2014
@NamikazeHime
I also recommend trying the Kizumonogatari movie trilogy. It's 1 story spread out over 3 movies and it's basically the origin story of how the MC became a vampire and how he reverted back into a human. (it takes place right before Bakemonogatari so no Senjougahara, Hachikuji, Nadeko or Kanbaru)

OT: I loved reading JoJo's part 4 so I decided to give the anime a shot, but it's so bad and boring, I can't stand it! I've finished everything from part 1-5 and only part 4 had good moments for me, but was still vastly inferior to the manga.

Jan 18, 2020 8:09 AM

Apr 2017
Missaliensan said:
MrZawa said:

I don’t see how you can’t give One piece a try if you have watched all of fairy tail.

Fairy Tail is still way shorter than One Piece for one, and I also watched Fairy Tail back when it was still airing so it only had around 100-150 episodes out (first season must have still been airing since it was one of my first anime) when I picked it up which is significantly less daunting than picking up something with 855 episodes and counting.

Though as I said I picked it up to try it anyway (I saw around 50-60 episodes), but it just didn't impress me consistently enough because the good parts have too much boring stuff in between to make it worth it and skipping just to the good stuff would make it impossible to enjoy it anyway. Which, tbf, Fairy Tail maybe wouldn't have done either if I didn't watch it back when I was new to anime. I still enjoy it npw mostly because of the nostalgia rather than the story.

Overall I guess big Shounens are something that a person has to get into when they are still target audience, otherwise it will become significantly harder later on.
MrZawaJan 18, 2020 8:12 AM
Jan 18, 2020 8:56 AM

Jul 2017
Durarara. I wasn't really invested in its story
Jan 18, 2020 10:05 AM
Nov 2019
I want to like Mob Psycho 100, but... I just can't. The art style is so ugly to me, I can't see past it.
Jan 18, 2020 10:10 AM

Dec 2018
Rising of the Shield Hero, I'm sorry.
Jan 18, 2020 10:31 AM
Jan 2017
dc22 said:

I liked it when I was a kid. Isn't it more like Bakugan, Beyblade or Inazuma Eleven?
Jan 18, 2020 10:44 AM

Oct 2013
KarimEdward said:
dc22 said:

I liked it when I was a kid. Isn't it more like Bakugan, Beyblade or Inazuma Eleven?

Hm I don't think so, it's not made to sell toys.
Jan 18, 2020 10:50 AM
May 2019
Shows with a lot of tsunderes...One is enough
Jan 18, 2020 10:55 AM
Aug 2017
Jojo's. I love the fucking memes and wanna get into the series. But the first 4 eps of part one were below average and ep4 was one of the worst I have ever seen. I have given part 1 three tries. My friend who is a JoJo's fan is telling me to watch a recap type of part one and skip to part2, he himself hasn't seen part 1.
Jan 18, 2020 11:03 AM

Aug 2011
Fairy Tail!!!!!

I'm so annoyed that I notice all the flaws. Normally I can ignore quite a bit for the sake of entertainment and good characters but I just can't with Fairy Tail.

(I'm saying this after being 70+ ep in so I gave it a fair chance)
Jan 18, 2020 11:05 AM

Aug 2011
NamikazeHime said:

I haven't seen the other monogatari series but I recommend picking up the Kizumonogatari movies! There are 3 and I've seen 1 so far but it's fantastic.. and because they are movies, you aren't investing a ton of time.
Jan 18, 2020 11:12 AM

Feb 2015
Psycho-pass, AOT series (s2)... also a few little anime, manga (adaptation) for example, Aku No Hana; the manga was ofc amazingly. I've only seen one episode of it and I have no idea how the anime itself let me think of how boring is. Although the storyline is just dope, but the animation ruined it.
Jan 18, 2020 11:13 AM

Mar 2018
Hoo boy let's see...

March Comes in Like a Lion. I really tried to get into this. It does have something good there, but it doesn't pull me in. It's dull, my mind drifts off, the characters aren't that interesting, and nothing really interesting happens. Took me a long time to finish season 1 and have no interest in season 2. I heard it gets better and the whole bullying arc, but the issue is that I don't care about the characters enough to get invested.

Azumanga Dioh. I love the op and seems like it'll be a good ride, but nothing really made me laugh or even a chuckle after watching 10 episodes. There are moments where they drag the joke and it gets old. I want to finish it but eh...

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu. Just like March Comes in Like a Lion, it has so much good stuff there, more than MCILAL tbh, and I enjoy josei anime, but it's dull and not very immersive. Shame but I enjoy the soundtrack and artistic value. Again, I finished the first season but have no interest in the second season.

Owari no Seraph. An anime doesn't have to be original for me to like it. As long as it's an enjoyable watch and does well in execution. But maaaan, it has elements I'll like and vampires, but it's one of the most generic shows I've watched and nothing stands out on its own. Finished the first season, tho I have tried the first episode of season 2 and just said nope and watched something else.
Jan 18, 2020 11:21 AM

Jul 2019
Rascal does not dream of bunny girl senpai. I juts did not like it that much.
Jan 18, 2020 11:24 AM
Jul 2018
Fairy Tail, I watched 60+ ep of it and then I dropped it. I literally wasted my summer vacation watching it.
Jan 18, 2020 11:27 AM

Jul 2019
Talgikiwi said:
I haven't seen the other monogatari series but I recommend picking up the Kizumonogatari movies! There are 3 and I've seen 1 so far but it's fantastic.. and because they are movies, you aren't investing a ton of time.

I see that movies are up there with rating. I will probably check them out.
Jan 18, 2020 11:30 AM
Jan 2019
jasotaku said:
Fairy Tail, I watched 60+ ep of it and then I dropped it. I literally wasted my summer vacation watching it.

I genuinely feel sorry for you, seriously. That's a really shitty summer.
Jan 18, 2020 11:33 AM
Jul 2018
For me, the best anime that would come to mind would be the Monogatari series.

It has good characters, a great story, Shaft's signature art style and nice music. Not to mention it is very similar to a couple of my favorite shows. But there are good reasons why it is hard for me to enjoy it:
While Shaft's animation is great, it just made me like the show less with some scenes having characters staying stationary doing nothing but talk about random shit. While Shaft is know to do stuff like this, I didn't mind it when I was watching their other shows like Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, ef, Madoka Magica and Nisekoi to name a few. Why? This leads me to my next problem of the show.
The dialogue, while witty, at times go all over the place up to the point it is hard for me to know what they're actually talking about.
There is also just way to much information blasting out the screen for me to handle with all the Japanese words. If I were Japanese, then I would've enjoyed it more. But since I can't read and understand Japanese fluently, then it was way to hard for me to handle and read all those words to know what is actually going on.
Jan 18, 2020 11:47 AM
Feb 2019
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? - I went into this show with a positive mindset, maybe some old style ecchi, some classic plot that can keep me interested, Deen artstyle that I actually like (call my taste shit, but I actually like their animation style), the main thing that made me hate it were the characters. Aside from Eucliwood, all other characters seemed like a total mess to me, I could only bear with them until 6 and a half episode, hoping that they may improve.

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari - The beginning honestly seemed interesting, it really was a great start, but as others complained, I also complain about the episodes after the 4th becoming too different in tone. It's also that I don't like the overflow of loli characters in a show like that (Raphtalia is still technically a loli too), the game mechanics (that was a real turn down for me, it really takes away from a realistic approach) and characters aside Naofumi just seem pretty bland. There's also that LN readers complain that the anime is bad compared to the source material, I may look into it one day.
Jan 18, 2020 11:51 AM
Apr 2016
Hhhhhhhhm...
Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari?
Enen no Shouboutai?
Fairy Gone!
Re:formed
Jan 18, 2020 11:53 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I would have to say Fairy Tail even though I watched the final season it still didn't change my view on final arc when I dropped the manga. Fairy Tail would have been better if the power of friendship didn't rear its ugly head in every single fight.
Jan 18, 2020 12:15 PM

May 2016
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Vento Aureo. It's not that I dislike it but I wanted to love it as it has one of the most interesting themes in Jojo's. However, it wastes a lot of potential it could have, characters who are interesting fall flat in execution and the fights, as awesome as they are, happen too frequently and slowly. Also the ending was trashy, that thing doesn't have salvation.

For instance, the cast is my favorite but I hate how they don't have much focus on their relationship (specially Mista/Giorno which I ship)
Jan 18, 2020 1:10 PM

Jun 2012
ysphyr said:
Gantz. I've tried to watch it for years, but ended up dropping it after couple of episodes each time. The characters are so annoying and dumb, maybe they get better as the story progresses, idk. Honestly I still can't get over the fact Kei and Masaru died to save some drunk bum, Like, can you even redeem your dumbness after that?
Anyway, I'll try to watch it again this year, maybe I'll finally like it.

Because Gantz isn't about heroes. It's an extremely cynical view of the world and nearly all the characters including the main are horrible people. If you can't accept that then the show isn't for you.
Shoot first, think never.
Jan 18, 2020 1:13 PM

Nov 2016
i tried to get into angel beats like 4 times and every time i wasn't impressed. none of the characters really appealed to me and i hated the art style. kunosuba too, i watched so much of it and it never made me laugh. also watched a fair amount of demon slayer and was never able to get into it.
Jan 18, 2020 2:01 PM

Jun 2019
Mine would be The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, mostly S2. I quite enjoyed S1 & forced myself to watch S2 as it's touted as a seminal anime from the 2000's, but it just bored me silly, especially the Endless 8 arc.

Black Butler & Tokyo Ghoul are another couple of shows I just don't like, couldn't even finish them.
Jan 18, 2020 2:17 PM
Oct 2012
Hokuto no Ken
Gurren Lagann
Haikyuu
Cowboy Bebop (Lazy to start)
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Anime you only knowledges about is from the memes

Spunkert - 49 minutes ago

9 by Dumb »»
4 minutes ago

» What are your thoughts on harem anime?

BuddhaIsBetter - 24 minutes ago

4 by iThink »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » has the majority of people (here) seen the big 3 ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

ame - Apr 16

160 by Saiunknown »»
12 minutes ago

» Describe your anime watching as one sentence.

LenRea - Apr 11

35 by SignsOfSuicide »»
20 minutes ago

» How you feel about non-Japanese entertainment/media using Anime art style?

Dragevard - 11 hours ago

27 by Mishiia »»
26 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.