Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 16, 2020 6:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, some of those characters have big appetites.

Looks like the epsiode decided to focus more time on Nemesis and Ray together. For one thing, Ray is determined to improve himself. He seems like an understanding partner for Nemesis as well.

I was expecting somewhat of a big fight at the end of the episode but meh, that was underwhelming.
Jan 16, 2020 7:34 AM

Apr 2016
I guess the mc-kun's brother is some kind of a big shot in this game. Figaro dude looks like a problem.
Jan 16, 2020 7:41 AM

Apr 2010
What to say this had some good points as in the characters went along pretty well and the main is a friendly guy.
But i have to say it's not really me thing especially from halfway point i was just wondering if it would be over yet.
The episode itself was pretty uneventful it did have some things going on but all in all i guess i am better of watching something else.
Jan 16, 2020 7:54 AM

Jun 2013
Pretty decent episode i think
Jan 16, 2020 8:02 AM

Apr 2014
Pacing is still very rushed, that is to be expected, I could type out an essay of missing stuff from this episode alone, but unfortunately that would just have a bunch of anime-only shitting on me for being a "source-fag".

On the other hand, Behemoth's VA is cute...oh, wait I shouldn't have mentioned her name.

And M...Superior Killer's shadow effect is crap, and they omitted the explanation that s...it is a legion type.

And we were missing Lei Lei's cameo, hope they aren't cutting her fight next episode...or maybe they should, considering how shit the anime is, I doubt the Big Four can truly show how ridiculous their powers are.
"You had no free will, you chased your vices along the same path as all of the others." - Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, Diamond in the rough
Jan 16, 2020 8:03 AM
Sep 2016
It sucks that Brother Bear has to leave Kuma! He was my favorite. Hopefully, he comes back later on.

In terms of this episode, I found it enjoyable. There was probably too much exposition for my tastes (especially in the beginning) but besides that, I like the new characters they meet and the animation quality is still very solid. I think as a studio, Naz has really impressed me so far this year.

I must admit, I like the small references that you can totally interpret as not being references but stuff like the small things that killed Ray reminded me of the baby form of xenomorphs and when Nemesis was moving in her sword form I reminded my self of that short of the singing sword. Weird, I know.

The OP was fine but I loved the ED. It's pretty solid.
It really do be like that though.

Jan 16, 2020 8:11 AM
Aug 2018
Reason I like this Novel and Anime all Good guys and Bad guys Overpowered make balance story even Mc Overpowered had weakness he not always win and he lose to some times he need help from others order win Power of Nakama and Trust
Jan 16, 2020 8:18 AM

Dec 2014
Well that was nice hmmm
Jan 16, 2020 8:36 AM
Jul 2018
Ray x nemesis they will become stronger together
Jan 16, 2020 8:38 AM

Aug 2013
That was a pretty decent episode.
We learned a bit about the world and I'm looking forward to seeing Ray rising up the ranks.

Jan 16, 2020 8:56 AM
Sep 2018
I can't be bothered to watch this anymore, all that exposition and I still very little idea about the mechanics of the game, the dialogue feels extremely low-effort making Nemesis being upset about not being strong completely ineffectual as an emotional beat because of how little reason I've been given to care. The studio seems to be just about holding the production together; with the little they bother to fully animate not looking good.
Jan 16, 2020 9:01 AM

Jan 2019
reriorurirerurorureririrurero? sry
Jan 16, 2020 9:05 AM

Apr 2017
just wanted to ask to the LN readers if the MC will have some sorts of development because for now he is kinda lifeless, and that's the main issue in the anime for me.
Jan 16, 2020 9:06 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Still meh but it was a better episode than the first one so I can have some hope for the next episodes.
I really dislike the main character, he's too boring and generic but at least I like the fight maiden, she's cute.
Jan 16, 2020 9:19 AM
Jul 2017
Don’t understand the hate for this anime, I really enjoyed first two episodes.
Jan 16, 2020 9:20 AM
May 2016
Ugh watching this after Bofuri just makes this look so much worse than it probably is, I really find most of the characters annoying (the bear, the whiny sword) and the expostion is just too much to keep track of.
Jan 16, 2020 9:49 AM

Oct 2017
A Nemesis that's scared of ghosts lol. Things turned pretty serious in the middle of the episode but it was pretty normal after that. Well he does need to grind before taking on a player that killed him like nothing. So we'll proly see the rematch sometime later.
MegamiRemJan 16, 2020 9:53 AM
Jan 16, 2020 10:14 AM

Oct 2018
its not good, will it get better??
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Jan 16, 2020 10:17 AM

May 2014
Neither great nor terrible, just average. They are rushing through the LN at breakneck speed, but that was to be expected, really. Many of the jokes are trying too hard, but it isn't exceptionally bad either.
Jan 16, 2020 10:40 AM

May 2018
This is starting to become one of those clique MMORPG theme anime again.
Jan 16, 2020 11:21 AM
May 2019
This episode was surprisingly enjoyable.
There was some dissent world building and I like that it focused on Nemesis and Ray relationship.
Jan 16, 2020 11:32 AM

Dec 2017
Why did I think it would be something else and NOT an OP hero getting stuff without efford and just faceroling everything? Really, why can't authors just make those OP skills rewards for actual efford? He got a high rank job, a great quest, an epic embryo while at lvl 0 just for being MC-kun.
Jan 16, 2020 12:18 PM

Apr 2014
slavemaster_1991 said:
Why did I think it would be something else and NOT an OP hero getting stuff without efford and just faceroling everything? Really, why can't authors just make those OP skills rewards for actual efford? He got a high rank job, a great quest, an epic embryo while at lvl 0 just for being MC-kun.

Going to have to stop you right there, because the job is not high rank, and the skills are not OP within the setting.

What we have right now is the equivalent of One Piece, Luffy in the east blue at the beginning, were devil fruit's are not that common.
"You had no free will, you chased your vices along the same path as all of the others." - Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, Diamond in the rough
Jan 16, 2020 12:48 PM

Feb 2015
I know the score here. It will have a couple of middling episodes then drop into a spiral of decline.

I was really bored this whole episode, looks like this is an easy drop.
Jan 16, 2020 12:59 PM

Apr 2015
Prety decent episode. Love the focus on Nemesis and Ray, though hearing Nemesis sulk like that with all the undead flesh she has been cutting was quite funny XD
Jan 16, 2020 1:51 PM

Jun 2017
Nemesis has it hard lol. (still that was pretty hilarious)

That dude they met had a hot succubus too.
Jan 16, 2020 2:00 PM

Feb 2019
I really enjoy this show idk why people on MAL are shitting on it so quickly after one episode. I haven't read the LN yet, so it could be a poor adaptation, but on the surface, it's good enough for me. Has a lot of Log Horizon elements with the NPC interactions and world building, wars between NPC countries, etc. I'm digging it, certainly not understanding people saying it's worse than Isekai Cheat Magician in the discussion thread.
Jan 16, 2020 2:22 PM
Aug 2017
Someone know the Japanese voice actor voicing the flying hat at the start of the episode? I recognise the voice but I can't put a name on it...
Jan 16, 2020 2:44 PM

Mar 2019
Nemesis = loli Touka from Date a Live (does anyone agree?)
Jan 16, 2020 3:11 PM

Jul 2017
@RiverboatRam a lookalike at most.

MC Ray getting more clarification about the individual power of Embryos and how it works, along with more of the game mechanics and its setting of multiple plot-pointers.

And then again, every game's (un)fair share of good and evil, being targets. It's easy for players with high stats and experience to pick on the small ones, and as-is with Ray, and Nemesis (whether in human or sword form) who still is afraid of stuff even as a high-level

Meeting figure after figure for Ray is tantamount to him spurring to be better, but clearly Nemesis isn't fond of the ghosts to aid Ray.

Decent episode as usual, just the average game mechanics that only stand out.
Jan 16, 2020 3:56 PM

Dec 2016
Marinate1016 said:
I really enjoy this show idk why people on MAL are shitting on it so quickly after one episode. I haven't read the LN yet, so it could be a poor adaptation, but on the surface, it's good enough for me. Has a lot of Log Horizon elements with the NPC interactions and world building, wars between NPC countries, etc. I'm digging it, certainly not understanding people saying it's worse than Isekai Cheat Magician in the discussion thread.

It is far better than Isekai Cheat Magician but much worse than Moe Shield (especially by comparing both ep.2). Main flaw of current episodes is basically no action, every time some fight was about to happen it was stop by something.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Jan 16, 2020 5:05 PM
Jun 2016
Nieznajomy43 said:
Marinate1016 said:

It is far better than Isekai Cheat Magician but much worse than Moe Shield (especially by comparing both ep.2). Main flaw of current episodes is basically no action, every time some fight was about to happen it was stop by something.

How the fuck this can worse than that moe shit about a broken loli playing shit mmorpg
Jan 16, 2020 5:43 PM

Jun 2019
I'm glad the first introductory episode is out of the way cuz this was much better. Not near as bland, Nemesis is easily one of the most entertaining characters to watch, and even though I'm not a fan of NAZ adapting this, I still feel like it will turn out well and be one of the more underrated anime of the season.

Would like to see better pacing though, just strangely inconsistent. Everything really depends on how NAZ well is adapts it.
professional women respecter
Jan 16, 2020 5:49 PM

Jun 2019
Papopitoad said:
How the fuck this can worse than that moe shit about a broken loli playing shit mmorpg
ima have to second this chief
professional women respecter
Jan 16, 2020 6:08 PM

Jul 2017
ok the part where the sword got scared was pretty funny ngl

but idk about the rest, kinda forgot what happened in the beginning of the episode lol. One thing for sure that ED is fire
Jan 16, 2020 6:15 PM

May 2017
What was the deal with the people in the beginning? Are they the game masters? And if so, if they think he's too powerful why did they give him that quest and that embryo? Also, it really bothers me that these "NPC"s seemingly have a mind of their own. How is that possible? I would have to agree that this is better than Cheat Magician (at least the first episode the only one I watched) but worse than Moe Shield. I'll give it one more episode.
Jan 16, 2020 7:18 PM
Sep 2018
to me it seems like the kind of show that i would just start binge watching or binge reading and then suddenly it's midnight and i need to sleep
Jan 16, 2020 7:59 PM
Jan 2020
Kuro_Neko04 said:
just wanted to ask to the LN readers if the MC will have some sorts of development because for now he is kinda lifeless, and that's the main issue in the anime for me.

The MC is a typical good citizen with good moral value, the kind who prioritize his real life over some gaming. Though, he does have one quirk, but it wouldn't appear until he collect some more equipments.

Stealth46 said:
if they think he's too powerful why did they give him that quest and that embryo? Also, it really bothers me that these "NPC"s seemingly have a mind of their own. How is that possible?

Game masters can't give people their quests and embryos; those things are decided without the game masters' interference.
Jan 16, 2020 8:12 PM
Jan 2017
If there's one thing I can give this show credit for is the fact that the main character doesn't immediately become OP when he enters the game. Sure, this particular moment could have been handled way better, but I'm glad that Ray is so far, avoiding the OP protagonist trope that is so common in light novel anime these days. I'm not really enjoying how Ray and Nemesis' relationships is being handled because the show just randomly skips some of those moments just to give Ray Paladin status. I hope this show dedicates more time to the character development because by the end of the day, Infinite Dendrogram will stand or fall by the strength of its characters.
Jan 16, 2020 8:30 PM

Nov 2011
I wonder if the Kuma-bro is someone famous IRL.

Pretty okay episode. It was funny but nothing special.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jan 16, 2020 11:09 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Really nice to see that Nemesis is a scaredy cat too behind that brave and cute demeanor XD The polishing was adorable LOL
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jan 17, 2020 1:02 AM

Jun 2012
Pretty boring.

That Figaro looks very cool at least, would be nice to see him in action.
Jan 17, 2020 1:09 AM
Sep 2017
This episode is, okay I guess? Although in my opinion, anime adaptation lack Ray's struggle to live and his frustration of killed without being able to do anything.

Confirmed for 13 episode, now I wonder when will they end this adaptation. Either finish by volume 2 which isn't quite possible since they go 4 eps/volume adaptation or finish the first arc (volume 5). Finishing this anime at the third volume will not gonna end well imo.
Jan 17, 2020 4:48 AM

May 2019
Nemesis is pretty cute. Her and Ray make a good duo. The arenas sound pretty interesting; I wonder how far Ray will go?

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Jan 17, 2020 7:38 AM
Nov 2018
"immigrated to other countries"

Should be emigrated.

"Grizz" should probably have been left as what he says in Japanese. Puba, or something like that. It sounds much rounder and nicer. "Grizz" for grizzly sounds nothing like it and misses the whole point - it's supposed to be a teddybear-like thing to say, not an ugly thing. Typical authistic translation: "But the words have the same meaning."

Fighting horrific Alien-style monsters in the forest would really cause nightmares. And having your guardian girl greet you with a depressed mood would make you depressed. If VR games this advanced really existed they would probably have a more cartoonish look and a cheerful mood, so as to not lead to suicidal teens.

If you "donate" to a church in order to get something from them, it's a purchase, not a donation. But I expect they'd call it a donation in real life, too. Politicians do the same: "Donate to my Foundation while I'm State Secretary, foreign governments, and you get to meet with me! And maybe my husband the former president will say something nice about you in public."
Jan 17, 2020 1:38 PM

Mar 2013
Nemesis, annoying ass. She should keep her sword form for the entire show.
Eh, figaro dude looks cool at least.
Jan 17, 2020 2:29 PM

Dec 2016
Papopitoad said:
Nieznajomy43 said:

How you ask? Dendrogram is just boring (Like I said earlier just watch and compare two seconds episodes of both anime) and I'm not the only one just compare both "communities", BOFURI have more active forum which episode posts are more popular and positive towards anime when you have in Dendrogram forum literally post titled "Why do high rated light novels turn into trash when they are adapted in an anime?".

lol just realized that title of this series is not "Infinite Danganronpa" xD
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Jan 17, 2020 2:58 PM

Jan 2013
Literally only selling point of this show is imagining to be that guy ... which I can't, because I would find waifu annoying.
Signature removed. It was too good for this cruel world.
Jan 17, 2020 3:11 PM

Dec 2018
It seems like your everyday generic isekai, the main character dying instead of pulling some bullshit out of his ass with no explanation whatsoever was a surprise but beyond that yeah… 5/10.
Jan 17, 2020 3:16 PM

Apr 2014
Nieznajomy43 said:
Papopitoad said:

How you ask? Dendrogram is just boring (Like I said earlier just watch and compare two seconds episodes of both anime) and I'm not the only one just compare both "communities", BOFURI have more active forum which episode posts are more popular and positive towards anime when you have in Dendrogram forum literally post titled "Why do high rated light novels turn into trash when they are adapted in an anime?".

lol just realized that title of this series is not "Infinite Danganronpa" xD

Bofuri, you mean that shitty pile of turd that pretends to be a LN?

The only reason that forum is positive is because the toxicity don't bother flow over there, I can rant on that side for hours about how Bofuri is a massive pile of crap and anyone who enjoy it is literally retarded, but I don't go flame that board cause I have standards.

So its not Bofuri is "better" as much as the people that really fucking hate that garbage doesn't even want to waste time flaming it.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2020

172 by Overblown »»
Nov 23, 2023 2:15 AM

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2020

78 by gakuendo »»
Aug 16, 2023 12:26 AM

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2020

30 by toralbabs »»
May 24, 2023 8:31 AM

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2020

20 by toralbabs »»
May 24, 2023 4:46 AM

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2020

43 by toralbabs »»
May 24, 2023 1:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.