Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 10, 2020 8:30 PM

Jun 2019
How often will Touma be showing up in this series? Is he a major part of the source?
SatowaHouzokiJan 10, 2020 10:21 PM
♪ Kono Oto Tomare! ♪

Jan 10, 2020 9:34 PM
Sep 2016
His role in this arc is kinda like the sisters arc, hes gets more screentime towards the end and has badass moments

Anime is Great
Jan 10, 2020 10:22 PM

Jun 2019
Awesome, will accelerator be in this too?
♪ Kono Oto Tomare! ♪

Jan 10, 2020 11:54 PM
Oct 2018
Basicaly, he & misaki are true mvp in this arc.
Jan 16, 2020 11:40 AM

May 2015
God I hope he stays out of this season. If its the amount of screentime he got in the sisters arc thats fine.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 16, 2020 12:39 PM

Nov 2019
Reivyus said:
His role in this arc is kinda like the sisters arc, hes gets more screentime towards the end and has badass moments
Yeah it is kinda the thing. Always great when Touma is in the spotlight. I hope a certain moment about him will be well animated !
Jan 16, 2020 1:07 PM

Feb 2010
SatowaHouzoki said:
How often will Touma be showing up in this series? Is he a major part of the source?

a lot of screen time since they are adapting two full arcs Daihasei Festival Arc and Dream Ranker Arc he will get a lot of screen time.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Jan 16, 2020 3:56 PM

Aug 2017
Excellent, it really can't hurt to see more of him, but the approach with the Sisters Arc—keeping him sparse and, therefore, mysterious—was rather intelligent, and somehow made his moments even cooler in Railgun S, so here's to hoping they can replicate that impact. And while I haven't read the manga, so please no spoilers, is he really present/participating in the Dream Ranker Arc? I was fairly sure he didn't have much of a role (although Aogami Pierce supposedly did)...
Jan 16, 2020 11:39 PM
Nov 2015
SatowaHouzoki said:

As usual when the misaka in huge troubles, the good boy come to rescue.
Jan 17, 2020 4:58 AM

Aug 2009
VortexOfLight said:
Excellent, it really can't hurt to see more of him, but the approach with the Sisters Arc—keeping him sparse and, therefore, mysterious—was rather intelligent, and somehow made his moments even cooler in Railgun S, so here's to hoping they can replicate that impact. And while I haven't read the manga, so please no spoilers, is he really present/participating in the Dream Ranker Arc? I was fairly sure he didn't have much of a role (although Aogami Pierce supposedly did)...

It helps that the moments he was there in Railgun S were also better adapted than in Index.

Index version is even an asspull win for him.

No he isnt in Dream Ranker.
Jan 17, 2020 6:41 AM

Aug 2017
ssjokg said:

No he isnt in Dream Ranker.

Thanks for the heads up, now I know better than to pile up expectations.

ssjokg said:

It helps that the moments he was there in Railgun S were also better adapted than in Index.

Index version is even an asspull win for him.

Yup, I've gotta agree with you on that one...
Jan 17, 2020 7:47 AM
Jul 2015
Honestly I want his screen time to be minimum as possible (sister arc is ok). I don’t hate him but if I want to watch him all the time I might as well go to the main series.
Jan 17, 2020 11:38 AM

Jul 2014
SatowaHouzoki said:

Similar to sisters arc. He only appears toward the end but he takes a centric focus in the final event of the arc.
Jan 17, 2020 3:40 PM

Dec 2017
Mostly cameos early in the arc, he'll get more involved midway and especially on the finale of this arc

hazarddex said:
Dream Ranker Arc

Oh we're getting dream ranker too? nice! I thought this season would be Daihaseisai only. How many episodes we're getting for Railgun T anyway?
Jan 17, 2020 5:08 PM

Feb 2010
Vegetableisbadfo said:
Mostly cameos early in the arc, he'll get more involved midway and especially on the finale of this arc

hazarddex said:
Dream Ranker Arc

Oh we're getting dream ranker too? nice! I thought this season would be Daihaseisai only. How many episodes we're getting for Railgun T anyway?

24 there will be no filler arcs this season, but that also means the next railgun session or this season might be the last since the only arc left is jailbreaker arc and it's far from over.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Jan 25, 2020 8:42 AM
May 2011
Shiroyuina said:
Honestly I want his screen time to be minimum as possible (sister arc is ok). I don’t hate him but if I want to watch him all the time I might as well go to the main series.

but in the main series you have to deal with index, who is annoying as fuck.
Jan 25, 2020 3:47 PM

Sep 2014
I'd prefer not to see anymore of him in this series as I hate pushover guys like him, I mean he's got this powerful ability that lets him beat the 1st rank lvl 5 but settles for being called a lvl 0 even though no lvl 0 could beat a lvl 5 that's close to becoming a lvl 6. All he'd have to do is request Mikoto to show up for a duel fight her I'm sure she'd be willing to participate, then bring in Gunha 7 maybe a few lvl 4s 7 there you have it he's proven he's no lvl 0.Then there's the fact that he lets Index walk all over him she never says thank you & actually means it but he just continues to let her walk all over him & treat him terribly.
Jan 25, 2020 4:20 PM
May 2014
DeamonLordZack said:
I'd prefer not to see anymore of him in this series as I hate pushover guys like him, I mean he's got this powerful ability that lets him beat the 1st rank lvl 5 but settles for being called a lvl 0 even though no lvl 0 could beat a lvl 5 that's close to becoming a lvl 6. All he'd have to do is request Mikoto to show up for a duel fight her I'm sure she'd be willing to participate, then bring in Gunha 7 maybe a few lvl 4s 7 there you have it he's proven he's no lvl 0.Then there's the fact that he lets Index walk all over him she never says thank you & actually means it but he just continues to let her walk all over him & treat him terribly.

Yeah...it doesn't work like that. He is a level 0. There's no getting around that. His ability has nothing to do with AIM therefore he's not an esper. No matter how strong his power is or who he could beat...it doesn't matter, the system will still consider him a Level 0 since he's not an esper.

Inori_Hatsune said:
Basicaly, he & misaki are true mvp in this arc.

Actually Gunha and Kongou are the MVPs of this arc
Jan 25, 2020 5:20 PM

Sep 2014
[quote=Mathias2001 message=59024054]
DeamonLordZack said:

Mathias2001 said:
Yeah...it doesn't work like that. He is a level 0. There's no getting around that. His ability has nothing to do with AIM therefore he's not an esper. No matter how strong his power is or who he could beat...it doesn't matter, the system will still consider him a Level 0 since he's not an esper.

Then might I ask what the heck his ability has to do with certainly not magic as he'd cancel out any spell before it finished activating. So I'd think since there's no incantation being cast or special hand movement just him touching the supernatural end result of a magic spell or a esper ability & then him canceling it. He also isn't using any magic items to activate a spell because it'd be canceled if he tried so that leaves him simply being a uncatoregized type of esper. In regards to the system not recognizing him as 1 whille hard & will likely take a while the simple solution to that is put more effort into studying his power until they can catoregize it & designate a lvl to him.
Jan 25, 2020 6:31 PM

Sep 2013
[quote=DeamonLordZack message=59024252]
Mathias2001 said:
DeamonLordZack said:

Mathias2001 said:

Then might I ask what the heck his ability has to do with certainly not magic as he'd cancel out any spell before it finished activating. So I'd think since there's no incantation being cast or special hand movement just him touching the supernatural end result of a magic spell or a esper ability & then him canceling it. He also isn't using any magic items to activate a spell because it'd be canceled if he tried so that leaves him simply being a uncatoregized type of esper. In regards to the system not recognizing him as 1 whille hard & will likely take a while the simple solution to that is put more effort into studying his power until they can catoregize it & designate a lvl to him.

that's spoiler territory, but fact of the matter is he's not an esper, so he's can't be nothing more than level 0
Jan 25, 2020 10:53 PM

Aug 2009
death604 said:

that's spoiler territory, but fact of the matter is he's not an esper, so he's can't be nothing more than level 0

Technically he is an esper but his power isnt an esper ability.

Gunha is the same. He is a Gemstone but he is an esper as well.

Hamazura is an esper as well even tho he has no power.

It's all about taking part in the studies of Academy City.

@DeamonLordZack
The Levels are based on how well they can contribute to Academy City. It has nothing to do with power levels.

Imagine Breaker cant even be analyzed by the majority of the scientists there and those that can analyze it are forbiddento do so by Aleister aka the director of Academy City.

And here is the thing.He doesnt care about Levels. He has no reason to ask other Level 5 to fight him just to show off. That's something Misaka does and it is fucking irritating.

As for Index, all Touma knows(thanks to his amnesia) is that he saved her and treats her as a annoying little sister because whatveer the reason his old self had, he struggled to save her.

And funny how Index's bullshit are bad but Misaka trying to kill him because he cancelled her powers once is acceptable.
Jan 26, 2020 2:18 AM
May 2014
ssjokg said:
death604 said:

@DeamonLordZack
The Levels are based on how well they can contribute to Academy City. It has nothing to do with power levels.

Imagine Breaker cant even be analyzed by the majority of the scientists there and those that can analyze it are forbiddento do so by Aleister aka the director of Academy City.

And here is the thing.He doesnt care about Levels. He has no reason to ask other Level 5 to fight him just to show off. That's something Misaka does and it is fucking irritating.

As for Index, all Touma knows(thanks to his amnesia) is that he saved her and treats her as a annoying little sister because whatveer the reason his old self had, he struggled to save her.

And funny how Index's bullshit are bad but Misaka trying to kill him because he cancelled her powers once is acceptable.

Yeah he’s not an esper since his power has nothing to do with AIM. Also Mikoto never tried to kill him. She tried to hurt him sure, but not kill him. Anyways the reason people don’t care as much about what Mikoto does is due to the fact that there is far more to her character than this gag. She gets internal and external conflicts that have nothing to do with Touma, and her relationship with Touma isn’t reduced to her attacking him. To add to all that, the status quo changed. Initially, she constantly tried to fight him due to her competitive nature, but with the situation with her Sisters, her entire dynamic with him moulded and through out further events, there’s still a lot of development and change to it. Now we reached a point where she actively figures out ways to help and support him even when she isn’t obligated to do so. On the other hand, Index’s dynamic is stagnant. It was a bit more complex in the first arc but soon became Index whining about food, not doing anything and biting Touma again and again and again. People are going to be more frustrated with it cuz it’s consistently has been that way whereas with Mikoto you get more depth and complexity to their dynamic as well as there been a clear change in it (plus getting to see Mikoto’s point of view therefore her appearing even more sympathetic)
Jan 26, 2020 2:40 AM

Aug 2009
Mathias2001 said:
ssjokg said:

@DeamonLordZack

Yeah he’s not an esper since his power has nothing to do with AIM. Also Mikoto never tried to kill him. She tried to hurt him sure, but not kill him. Anyways the reason people don’t care as much about what Mikoto does is due to the fact that there is far more to her character than this gag. She gets internal and external conflicts that have nothing to do with Touma, and her relationship with Touma isn’t reduced to her attacking him. To add to all that, the status quo changed. Initially, she constantly tried to fight him due to her competitive nature, but with the situation with her Sisters, her entire dynamic with him moulded and through out further events, there’s still a lot of development and change to it. Now we reached a point where she actively figures out ways to help and support him even when she isn’t obligated to do so. On the other hand, Index’s dynamic is stagnant. It was a bit more complex in the first arc but soon became Index whining about food, not doing anything and biting Touma again and again and again. People are going to be more frustrated with it cuz it’s consistently has been that way whereas with Mikoto you get more depth and complexity to their dynamic as well as there been a clear change in it (plus getting to see Mikoto’s point of view therefore her appearing even more sympathetic)

Yeah sure, attacking someone with a chainsaw sword made out of iron sand is just a game...for her.What if Touma wasnt fast enough?

And no even if she has started joining his fights and even admitting that she likes him she still is the tsundere princess she was at the start.

Index is stagnant around Touma.But that is all, she is very helpful when the story is about magic.And yes she bites him just like Mikoto still attacks him for some random bullshit only she knows out.Sure it isnt an all out assault like before the Sisters, it is still bs.
Jan 26, 2020 3:32 AM

Jan 2017
That's a weird way to spell "Touman".

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

Jan 26, 2020 5:17 AM

Dec 2018
I hope it doesn't appear in the next arc, this is Misaka show not Index with that guy.
Jan 26, 2020 7:52 AM

Aug 2009
Fede_5000 said:
I hope it doesn't appear in the next arc, this is Misaka show not Index with that guy.

Well you are wrong.With that logic Misaka shouldnt be in Index since it is his show.

You guys have no idea what spin offs are do you?
Jan 26, 2020 12:12 PM

Feb 2010
Fede_5000 said:
this is a spin off series touma is still the main character.

Feb 14, 2020 11:52 PM

Mar 2012
DarknessReality said:
God I hope he stays out of this season. If its the amount of screentime he got in the sisters arc thats fine.
Touma is fine as long as Index/magical elements aren’t involved. I’d be remised if I didn’t come out and say that I cannot frigging stand Index. She has zero redeeming qualities as a character.
Feb 14, 2020 11:58 PM

Dec 2017
SatowaHouzoki said:
Awesome, will accelerator be in this too?

do you mind spoiler?

if not, then...
Feb 15, 2020 2:02 PM

Feb 2010
Toucanbird said:
DarknessReality said:
Touma is fine as long as Index/magical elements aren’t involved. I’d be remised if I didn’t come out and say that I cannot frigging stand Index. She has zero redeeming qualities as a character.

there will be
also the only reason you don't like the magical elements is because JC staff cut out a majority of the world building for it. magic system is equally if not way more interesting then the esper system in the novels.
GrimAtramentFeb 15, 2020 2:06 PM

Feb 16, 2020 5:55 PM

Mar 2012
hazarddex said:
Toucanbird said:

there will be
also the only reason you don't like the magical elements is because JC staff cut out a majority of the world building for it. magic system is equally if not way more interesting then the esper system in the novels.

That just proves my point. If JC Staff can’t competently adapt the magic side of things, then that’s their fault. Also, that doesn’t refute my point that Index is a shit character that I cannot stand.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2020

127 by cebrayillia »»
Mar 15, 4:22 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2020

105 by cebrayillia »»
Mar 15, 4:03 PM

» Season 4?

removed-user - Jan 20, 2022

10 by waalex11 »»
Mar 13, 3:25 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2020

56 by Karva1 »»
Mar 4, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Aversa - Aug 7, 2020

54 by Karva1 »»
Mar 4, 3:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.