Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 15, 2020 10:14 AM

Mar 2018
I despise Attack on Plot Armour and it's community!

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Jan 15, 2020 1:16 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017

Orhunaa said:
MeisterDM said:
I've never seen a shounen protagonist with so little dignity since nanatsu no taizai. Like who the fuck saves a person who bullies them?

I'll make a smart guess and say that most don't think bullying warrants one to be straight up killed.

@EndlessMaria I agree with you on Ghibli shows to some extent. They (the ones I watched) either fall into the category of wacky irrationality or down-to-earth simple life stories. I'll admit I can never enjoy the nonsensical plot elements and the utter lack of direction of the former.

Being a disgusting POS warrants pain and suffering. If someone treated me the way bakugou treats Midoriya, I would wish the worst for them and hope they die slowly and painfully with their grave turned into a gender neutral bathroom.
Jan 15, 2020 1:35 PM
Mar 2016
Gintama, ordinary comedy that even I don't laugh at their behavior because it is more funny events in the real world, the storyline is messy and unclear. 4/10
Jan 15, 2020 1:55 PM

Aug 2019
hate is a strong word but i lowkey found monogatari, serial experminets lain, one punch man and cowboy bebop boring (and majority of hunter x hunter)
Jan 15, 2020 2:18 PM

Nov 2019
(sorry if my English is off, it's not my first language)

no game was very "okay" to me, i mean i liked the art ALOT (probably why i gave it a 6 instead of a 5) but the chess game pushed me off the edge for how idiotic it was. also the amount of ecchi is almost nauseating to me, i don't mind ecchi most of the time but excuse me for not wanting to see an 11 year old's underwear every 7 minutes, also steph, a character i actually somewhat liked from the beginning turned into an idiotic tsundere ecchi machine with her intelligence being made fun of by sora and his "sister" with her having almost no significant to the plot until the last episode where she wins them the game in the most cliche way possible and STILL being made fun of for laughs, not to say i didn't hate everything about it. like iv'e mentioned before i adored the art and lots of aspects of it (I liked most of the references and some jokes were pretty neat) but the amount of popularity it gained was insane to me, along with people demanding a second season 5 years after but getting a worthless mess of a movie.
misato > asuka > rei
Jan 15, 2020 2:21 PM

Jul 2016
-Seiya- said:
no game was very "okay" to me, i mean i liked the art ALOT (probably why i gave it a 6 instead of a 5) but the chess game pushed me off the edge for how idiotic it was. also the amount of ecchi is almost nauseating to me, i don't mind ecchi most of the time but excuse me for not wanting to see an 11 year old's underwear every 7 minutes, also steph, a character i actually somewhat liked from the beginning turned into an idiotic tsundere ecchi machine with her intelligence being made fun of by sora and his "sister", not to say i didn't hate everything about it. like iv'e mentioned before i adored the art and lots of aspects of it (I liked most of the references and some jokes were pretty neat) but the amount of popularity it gained was insane to me, along with people demanding a second season 5 years after but getting a worthless mess of a movie.

True,the animation was like the best part about the anime.I disliked sora and shiro a lot,mainly because of their god complex.It was also pretty annoying to sit through their endless teasing of steph,all the while mocking her and dehumanising her as much as possible.Idk they just felt like assholes to me at times.
Jan 15, 2020 2:37 PM

Jul 2014
MHA
JOJO
ANGEL BEATS
Don't know but I just cant click with these shows like their huge fanbases do.
Jan 15, 2020 2:45 PM
Oct 2019
Death note
Never got why people loved it so much.
Attack on titan is another one i scratch my head like why?
Jan 15, 2020 2:52 PM

Dec 2018
Also dropped Death Note after like 24 episode or something like that. It was so damn boring!!

Jan 15, 2020 6:37 PM
Apr 2019
The Quintessential Quintuplets anime is super ad and I don't know why so many people like it. Also, MHA but I don't HATE it, I just think it's mediocre. But an anime that I REALLY hate that gets a lot of love is Black Clover. I hate the boring and superficial characters, uninteresting arcs and plot, decent but not that good art, and just how plain boring and cringy it is. It's also such a ripoff
Jan 15, 2020 7:24 PM

Dec 2014
Monogatari is shit, waste of time and resource for all those idle chat, stupid wall of texts and pointless interaction, stupid camera angle, etc.

Plot is super short without those shits mentioned above.
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Jan 15, 2020 7:26 PM

Jan 2018
Death Note and Bakemonogatari....
Jan 15, 2020 7:34 PM

Mar 2018
My hero, the character design is so corny to me, I just cant get into it.
Jan 15, 2020 7:38 PM

Jun 2019
Overlord
Attack on Titan
My Hero Academia
Jojo
Shield Hero
Arifureta
One Piece
Slime Isekai
Naruto
One Punch Man
diablo050189Jan 15, 2020 8:57 PM
Jan 15, 2020 8:01 PM
Jul 2018
3-gatsu no Lion
Gintama
Monogatari
SNK
Mob Psycho
FMAB
Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu
Haikyuu
Steins;Gate
Hunter x Hunter
Rakugo
Jojo
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Kill la Kill
Death Note
Ping Pong the Animation
Violet Evergarden
Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei
Konosuba
Kaguya Sama
Berserk
Houseki no Kuni
Psycho-Pass
Evangelion
Jan 15, 2020 8:06 PM

Apr 2019
Fairy Tale. (pepelaugh)

Nearly all of my friends who've watched anime enjoys watching Fairy Tail for some reason. I still don't get how they're so obsessed with the series.
Jan 15, 2020 8:27 PM

Oct 2018
Floday said:
Death note
Never got why people loved it so much.
Attack on titan is another one i scratch my head like why?

Pretty sure the only people that love death note are the xXxemo kidsxXx from a decade ago.

Jan 15, 2020 8:50 PM

Jan 2014
- Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
- Steins;Gate
- Code Geass
- Your Lie in April
- Legend of the Galactic Heroes
..where all overhyped mediocre 4-6/10 shows to me, some i just dropped.
- Cowboy Bebop is good but not amazingly great, i got bored after 16 eps and put it on hold for years now lol
- Great Teacher Onizuka been years since i watched so can't remember, but apparently i dropped it at ep6 and gave it a 4/10 score :D
- Grand Blue just awfully bad.
..to name some.
Jan 15, 2020 8:53 PM

Jun 2019
Not hated, but those I felt mostly tepid about throughout, may have loved or hated parts balancing each other out to an overall "meh", definitely didn't love, and consequently see as overrated:

Neon Genesis Evangelion
Spice and Wolf (particularly season two)
Season 2 of Shingeki no Kyojin
Basically all Makoto Shinkai's films (I feel they're heavy on polished and mesmerizing visuals that push the boundaries of animation, but lack substance in every other respect where it counts, like dialogue and characterization)
Jan 15, 2020 9:12 PM

Mar 2018
Your Name. Beautiful animation but I didn't care much for the cast, the romance felt incredibly forced, and story was so and so.

ReLife. Love the premise but ended up getting annoyed as the series went on due to one character and I rarely let a character ruin an entire anime for me.

Yuri on Ice. Very disappointing as a sports anime and I ended up caring for only one character out of the large cast the anime throws at us.

March Comes in Like a Lion. Took me so freakin long to get through season one and tried to give season 2 a chance but I lose all interest and just end up feeling sleepy... And I really wanted to give this anime a chance.
Jan 16, 2020 3:37 AM

Apr 2019
I don't know if its more loved or hated, but my choice is Darling in the Franxx. Boring characters, that mess of a plot, no sense of direction, bullshit ending
Jan 16, 2020 7:15 AM

Dec 2017
Baccano! fucking sucks
I don't know if I hate Boku no Hero Academia in itself or if the fans are the reason...
Fullmetal Alchemist
Konosuba non-existent comedy
Overlord zzz
Toradora
Jan 16, 2020 7:22 AM

Oct 2019
Probably Elfenlied.

Personally I did not like this one, but started watching, because everyone seemed to love it.

Honestly I know my tastes are weird/"shit", but on most shows at least I see the appeal (even if I did not like it). I did- and still don't with elfenlied. Really great OP tho.
Jan 16, 2020 9:35 AM
Jan 2019
boku no hero academia, I don't know why I hate it so much I just do
Jan 16, 2020 10:34 AM
Feb 2014
haunted said:
Only listing well-regarded anime that I hated or had to force myself to watch, not anything "ok" or "not good":

I didn't enjoy a single second of FMAB, dropped it a third of the way through, and now can't stand how people act like that anime is their religion.

I dropped Death Note, too. The best part was the potato chip. Apparently it completely fell apart soon after the point where I stopped.

Akira's animation is nice but I'd like a story to go with it, please.

MHA was mildly pleasant with the occasional fun episode for 3 seasons, but the movie and season 4 are terrible.

I hated Nagi no Asu Kara so much that I actually yelled at the TV in frustration. Love triangles and relationship drama ruin EVERYTHING.

The entire Haruhi Suzumiya TV series was boring ... except for the Endless Eight.

Completely agree with Nagi no Asu Kara, i absolutely Hate the absurd and childish nonsense love octagon or whatever drama and quit a couple of episodes away from finishing it!!! The characters made me soooo damn frustrated!!!!!

My Shoujo, Josei and Female targeted anime adaptations starting from 2017+ stacks:

Part 1: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9181
Part 2: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9195
Part 3: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9225
Part 4: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9280
Jan 16, 2020 10:39 AM

Nov 2008
Dauphine said:

Completely agree with Nagi no Asu Kara, i absolutely Hate the absurd and childish nonsense love octagon or whatever drama and quit a couple of episodes away from finishing it!!! The characters made me soooo damn frustrated!!!!!

I liked it at first and then got pretty mad in the second cour because all the ending couples freaking suck and are the opposite of what I wanted. xD

Drama is better when it's not "OH NOOOOO MY CRUSH DON'T LIKE ME ;___________;"

Like come on, gimme something REAL. :I

Jan 16, 2020 10:47 AM
Jul 2018
One Punch Man

I never understand how people like it. It's not like I hate overpowered MC, people say it's funny, but I didn't even smile while watching, and the characters in this show is more likely existed just to be surprised by Saitama's power.

Jan 16, 2020 10:51 AM

Feb 2019
Mirai Nikki

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Both same reasons. Wimpy pussies as MCs. Oh how much I loathe them.
Jan 16, 2020 10:56 AM

Jan 2020
Hunter X Hunter

that thing is too damn long...
My youtube channel about music and anime :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_rrNoYApg1VQ-PIT7jZ37Q
Jan 16, 2020 10:59 AM

Nov 2018
Bunny girl senpai, Noragami and probably Clannad.

I actually really enjoyed Noragami, but I just didn't get attached to it.

Jan 16, 2020 11:11 AM
Feb 2019
Violet Evergarden
I don't why it's so popular, but I found it very slow and boring. I salute to the anime visual (It was mind blowing).But the story didn't give any sense. So I dropped it 5th Episode.
Jan 16, 2020 11:14 AM

Apr 2018
I don't know why but I was not able to bring myself to watch more episodes of 'Assassination Classroom'. I don't know why people like it, every episode was crap especially when they went on their school trip. Also 'Satsuriku no Tenshi' was most hyped anime of its season with people saying that they have played the game too and it is amazing but I was not able to watch it more than 6 episodes even though I had to watch it weekly because it was just garbage.

Jan 16, 2020 11:15 AM

Jan 2020
juralumin said:
I don't know why but I was not able to bring myself to watch more episodes of 'Assassination Classroom'. I don't know why people like it, every episode was crap especially when they went on their school trip. Also 'Satsuriku no Tenshi' was most hyped anime of its season with people saying that they have played the game too and it is amazing but I was not able to watch it more than 6 episodes even though I had to watch it weekly because it was just garbage.

Assasination Classroom is a really cringy anime yeah
My youtube channel about music and anime :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_rrNoYApg1VQ-PIT7jZ37Q
Jan 16, 2020 11:46 AM
Apr 2012
SithSteel said:
Orhunaa said:

I'll make a smart guess and say that most don't think bullying warrants one to be straight up killed.

Perhaps, but Deku interacts with Bakugou like he has Stockholm Syndrome. He calls him "Kacchan", for crying out loud. Its actually quite off-putting and more than a little pathetic.

I don't hate Boku, but Deku is a pretty annoying main lead. Bokugou has no redeeming qualities and honestly, any adult in any normal circumstance would send this kid to therapy. He interacts with people in the most hostile manner.

Majority of Monogatari Series especially every scene with Mayoi. Ventures from "Gotcha" to "This isn't watchable". Shinobu is fine, it's just the weird gags with Mayoi. Then there's the useless boring dialogue that doesn't even explore character development. I'm all for occasional useless dialogue, that's life. But this is like 80% of this show.
Jan 16, 2020 11:54 AM
Jan 2020
Kill la kill (the graphics give me a headache honestly..)
Nature
Fairy tail
OHSHC
Harems
Shoujo.
Jan 16, 2020 12:07 PM
Dec 2018
Most notable to me are Anohana, Berserk (the original, not even the dumpster fire that was the newer versions) and Spirited Away.

I'm all for drama in anime, in fact I love it, but Anohana was just a whole bunch of characters being sad from the get-go and with no reason for us to sympathise with characters that we don't even know yet, the show expects the viewer to be sad with them. No thanks.

Berserk was just plain boring and I get that it's old and a "classic" but I struggled like crazy to get through it and cannot understand the love that it gets.

Spirited Away was sold to me as "the only anime to have ever won an Oscar" (this is what I was told, didn't research it, don't quote me on that one...) and so I assumed it had to just blow everything out of the water, which I suppose to be fair, is an unrealistic and unfair expectation to have before going into something, but that's what overhyping things does. It turned out to be a series of brilliantly animated sequences that felt like they just happened and it made no sense as to why they happened, the story just felt... non-existent.

I'm sure I have several other loved shows that I don't see the hype for, but those three are the most memorable letdowns for me.
Jan 16, 2020 12:08 PM

Oct 2017
Most obvious answer would be Fairy tail
Jan 16, 2020 3:25 PM

May 2018
I am still unable to understand how you can enjoy and think Dr. Stone is good...

I dont understand why so many people watched it... it felt like a twelve year old made it
SeijatachiiiiJan 16, 2020 3:28 PM
Jan 16, 2020 3:51 PM
Mar 2019
Devil Works as a Part-Timer. The plot was bland, and the characters weren't all that fledged out. The MC's purpose for coming to Earth wasn't explored much at all, and the plot didn't move at all, especially with that devil who moved in with the 2 main characters. A poor plot, good for beginners and shonentards. Not my cup of tea for my well cultured brain. :D
Jan 16, 2020 4:17 PM
Nov 2017
Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi is so boring and is the most overrated anime in existence.
Jan 16, 2020 4:31 PM

Jun 2019
These comments are so funny, people just roasting shows lmao
Jan 16, 2020 5:03 PM

Sep 2014
Almost all Makoto Shinkai movies that I've seen, I couldn't get into the hype over them

Lucky Star, I cringed watching the 1st ep

« »
🔮 Tojo Nozomi
Washi Washi
Jan 16, 2020 6:01 PM

Dec 2017
Shinsekai Yori. The characters and art are awful and it relies far too much on revealing information as it becomes relevant (mantras are what allow people to use magic or whatever, the psychobuster just comes out of nowhere to advance the plot, some other things I'm forgetting because I don't remember much of the show anymore). It's inclusion of Dvorak's Symphony No 9 is nice but the rest of the music is either incredibly generic or overdone and excessive. It tries to act like it's realistic but every concept used is overtly fantastic (as in "of fantasy") and often ridiculous when viewed in the lens of realism.

Why don’t we become monsters and really mess up this awful world? Just destroy until there’s no more evil, no more sadness, no more anything…
Wouldn’t that be great?

Jan 16, 2020 6:08 PM

Jan 2018
I'm not sure if this is a "loved" anime, but I was definitely surprised when Gigguk said that Golden Time was one of his favorite romances. I thought it was completely boring to the point that I was surprised I even finished it. Now, I do have a tendency to like shows more on rewatch, but I have no desire to watch it again.
Jan 16, 2020 7:48 PM

Aug 2018
Kill La Kill.
Overrated, dumb, boring.
Looks much worse towards the end.
Also Ghost in The Shell Stand Alone Complex
much worse than the original 1995 movie, overrated, rly nothing special.
Jan 17, 2020 2:15 AM

Jul 2016
Shield Hero
Sword Art Online (All seasons)
Dr.Stone
Ansatsu Kyoushitsu
Quanzhi Gaoshou
Cautious Hero
B: The Beginning
Grimoire of Zero

"We become what we think about"

If you want to succeed in life, plant the next goal you want to achieve in your brain, and work toward achieving that goal. write as specifically as you can the path you need to go through to get to the goal, and If that is really what you wished for, work toward it, and you will achieve it.
Blog

Jan 17, 2020 3:45 AM

Mar 2017
I absolutely despise kakegurui with my whole being
Jan 17, 2020 3:49 AM
Jul 2018
Well I am not to picky in stuff especially in animes. I enjoy almost every anime I watch lol
So there isn't any
Jan 17, 2020 11:50 AM
Jun 2015
Kobayasan said:
Seven Deadly Sins, Angel Beats and Clannad for me

yungwolf said:
I don't hate Death Note but for some reason I always drop it around episode 11 whenever I try to watch it.. It's just not for me I guess
Thats the point where the quality starts dropping

Right??? I don't know why because every time I've tried to watch it, I'm always like "huh, why do I keep dropping it?" but then I drop it again.. The exact same place
Jan 17, 2020 7:07 PM

Oct 2015
I mean I know someone said this but SAO. I love the anime OPs but every time I see more than the anime OP I’ll spit on it. The fandom ruined it for me.

- Monthly Anime Club
- Youtube

More topics from this board

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

128 by -YaoiBoy- »»
2 minutes ago

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts.

Pinoffin - 44 minutes ago

14 by Catalano »»
4 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

213 by Catalano »»
4 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

bluefin2004 - 5 hours ago

28 by -Ryu »»
5 minutes ago

» Favorite characters you think are Sadist, Masochist, or Switch

IpreferEcchi - 56 minutes ago

2 by IpreferEcchi »»
9 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.