Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 14, 2020 11:21 AM
Feb 2017
So I’ve been rewatching the fight (because it’s super cool) and I think there may have been an error in the sequence of events.

After Overhaul is kicked into the air and the flash back occurs, we see that he fixes his deformed body back into place and creates a new form, which can be seen with him “cracking” the newly created body’s fist and parts of him falling off. However, immediately in the next shot we see all the material surrounding him with Deku flying around. You could make a justification that in those split frames the “cracking” was him destroying the body, but what comes later is what makes that idea less likely.

After Deku flies past Overhaul’s single armed attack, we can see him rearrange the material to become his arms and legs. This is also shown in the shot right before Deku winds up his punch. However, after the punches are thrown and we see the metaphorical giant orange punches of power, you can see that Overhaul is in the same exact form as when he first fixed and “cracked” his body into place.

So that begs the question, was there an error when it came to setting up the scenes? Or am I just missing out on something and overlooked it? Don’t get me wrong, I’m only looking this in depth because I loved this fight and paid close attention to every detail.
Jan 14, 2020 11:38 AM
Feb 2017
JustOppais said:
BlakexEkalb said:
So I’ve been rewatching the fight (because it’s super cool) and I think there may have been an error in the sequence of events.

After Overhaul is kicked into the air and the flash back occurs, we see that he fixes his deformed body back into place and creates a new form, which can be seen with him “cracking” the newly created body’s fist and parts of him falling off. However, immediately in the next shot we see all the material surrounding him with Deku flying around. You could make a justification that in those split frames the “cracking” was him destroying the body, but what comes later is what makes that idea less likely.

After Deku flies past Overhaul’s single armed attack, we can see him rearrange the material to become his arms and legs. This is also shown in the shot right before Deku winds up his punch. However, after the punches are thrown and we see the metaphorical giant orange punches of power, you can see that Overhaul is in the same exact form as when he first fixed and “cracked” his body into place.

So that begs the question, was there an error when it came to setting up the scenes? Or am I just missing out on something and overlooked it? Don’t get me wrong, I’m only looking this in depth because I loved this fight and paid close attention to every detail.
i was an error. i rewatched the fight like over 30+ times and noticed it. the also changed how the fight took place. in the manga Deku used the air punches to break apart Overhauls fusion then used another barrage punches leading up to the last hit. even though it's an animation error, you can still say Overhaul tried to block it with the monster form like he did in the manga.

Yeah. However I do think that the first time Overhaul creates arms and legs for himself and Deku flies past him you can see his arm and probably legs to unravel, as if the wind pressure of Deku flying past him destroyed the 3 other parts except the one arm.
MegaStrideJan 14, 2020 11:42 AM
Jan 14, 2020 1:39 PM

Oct 2018
Another things that people have noticed is that after Deku punched the sh*t out of Overhaul, when he landed, he was back to his original form/creation.

I personally believe this, and what you mention might be because of Eri's quirk. She has no control over it, and I don't think she's only rewinding Deku, but everything around her, which includes Overhaul as well.

Update: Although if she has rewound Overhaul after that punch, shouldn't he be unscratched and be conscious after landing? But he was still knocked out and had bloody face, so idk...idk

These might really have made some mistakes
-Aincrad-Jan 14, 2020 2:45 PM
Jan 14, 2020 2:36 PM
Feb 2017
-Aincrad- said:
Another things that people have noticed is that after Deku punched the sh*t out of Overhaul, when he landed, he was back to his original form/creation.

I personally believe this, and what you mention might be because of Eri's quirk. She has no control over it, and I don't think she's only rewinding Deku, but everything around her, which includes Overhaul as well.

Update: Although if she has rewound Overhaul after that punch, shouldn't he be unscratched and be conscious after landing? But he was still knocked out and had bloody face, so idk...idk

Well I mean that's just shounen being shounen. They don't want the MC to kill anybody, sorta how All Might vs Deku and Bakugo when All Might knees Bakugo's chin into a building. That's not errors but rather the genre. It's anime, after all.
Jan 15, 2020 10:39 PM
Nov 2019
JustOppais said:
-Aincrad- said:

didn't even notice that. 😓 but 21:29 is making me feel sorry for Overhaul lol.

The whole fight made me feel sorry for Rikiya, Overhaul desconstructed/reconstructed his body alot of times xd
Buy Bitcoins and others cryptos(like Monero), the great crisis is coming!
Also don't forget, taxation is theft!
Jan 15, 2020 11:15 PM

Dec 2014
the sound of the sword also off
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Jan 16, 2020 9:35 AM
Jun 2015
At the end of the fight, deku grabs Overhaul by his collar and throws him straight to the ground. They fucked that up.
Jan 17, 2020 12:55 AM

Oct 2019
Yes it's an error. The whole anime is a big error!!!!

Jan 18, 2020 10:24 PM

Jan 2009
is there any time stamps of this? lol im curious
Jan 19, 2020 5:50 AM

Jan 2009
JustOppais said:
deg said:
is there any time stamps of this? lol im curious
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hm-zgEdCRes 0:48 to 0:58 he went from giant arms and legs to the first fusion.

video unavailable for me must be region locked here but thanks
Jan 21, 2020 8:36 PM

Jan 2009
JustOppais said:
deg said:

video unavailable for me must be region locked here but thanks
xD dang.........

i checked it with PsiphonVPN now and im not sure whats the problem lol between 0:48 to 0:58 like when he was about to get multi-punch by Deku he got a bigger mutated body like even his head is now hidden? i do not see that as a problem since he can cover his head with muscle head in a mere instant anyway
Jan 21, 2020 9:29 PM
Feb 2017
deg said:
JustOppais said:
xD dang.........

i checked it with PsiphonVPN now and im not sure whats the problem lol between 0:48 to 0:58 like when he was about to get multi-punch by Deku he got a bigger mutated body like even his head is now hidden? i do not see that as a problem since he can cover his head with muscle head in a mere instant anyway

It would possibly make sense, however you can see at the beginning of the fight Overhaul changes from the giant beast into what he looks like when Deku throws his punches. Then immediately in the next shot there is junk flying all around him, which further strengthens that it makes no sense. Then when he recombines, gets 4 limbs, and Deku starts winding up a punch, he reconverts back into the giant form from the start of the fight. It's inconsistent.
Jan 21, 2020 9:53 PM

Jan 2009
BlakexEkalb said:
deg said:

It would possibly make sense, however you can see at the beginning of the fight Overhaul changes from the giant beast into what he looks like when Deku throws his punches. Then immediately in the next shot there is junk flying all around him, which further strengthens that it makes no sense. Then when he recombines, gets 4 limbs, and Deku starts winding up a punch, he reconverts back into the giant form from the start of the fight. It's inconsistent.

hmm could be but to me its fine

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2020

465 by YeaGERIST01 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

158 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2020

233 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 8:50 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2020

225 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 8:27 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2020

128 by WolfWood37 »»
Mar 31, 9:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.