Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 13, 2020 10:53 PM
Jul 2018
Which anime you hate or dislike that people seem to love?
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 13, 2020 10:57 PM

Jun 2016
Durarara is a piece of garbage filled with mostly unlikeable characters that people seem to like for some reason I still can't understand
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Jan 13, 2020 10:59 PM

Apr 2013
"Welcome to the NHK" is a boring and stupid anime with horrible characters that could not be further away from reality.
Jan 13, 2020 11:09 PM

Feb 2019
The monogatari series and Kimi no na wa.

Kimi no na wa is barely mediocre, saved by the beautiful animation and music. The characters are garbage.

Monogatari series is shite.
Jan 13, 2020 11:09 PM
Jan 2020
Nanatsu no Taizai.
If I ever felt like killing an Anime character that would be Meliodas.
Jan 13, 2020 11:13 PM
Oct 2019
Cowboy bebop is so boring and is the most overrated anime in existence.
Jan 13, 2020 11:14 PM
Aug 2018
one punch faggot
I don't hate saitama or any of the characters in particular I just find it boring.
might change my mind after a re watch Idk
AoT > anime
Jan 13, 2020 11:15 PM

Dec 2018
Sword art Online is an obvious choice for me but it also has a decent amount of people who agree that it’s garbage.

Fairy Tail is something I’m currently watching and I honestly don’t understand how it’s score is above 7 for any of its season.

Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress is something that some people think is better than Attack on Titan. As someone who isn’t that big a fan of the first couple seasons of AoT, I don’t understand how so many people can think that Kabaneri has any aspects that are better than AoT.

There has been a lot of REALLY trash LN adaptions, most of which are isekai, and for some reason there are always people each season who like and defend them. God, I can’t wait for this isekai boom to be over already.

The Akira movie is also something that I don’t really understand the hype for. It’s praised as a masterpiece but I didn’t find it to be that amazing or memorable. From what little I’ve seen of the manga, I think that reading Akira looks to be 10x better than the movie. While I can understand a little bit of why people praise it so much, it wasn’t personally my cup of tea.

And that’s about it. For most anime that get a lot of justifiable praise, I can usually find some aspect about it that I really enjoy. It’s hard for me to absolutely hate something unless it’s being made by someone who is completely incompetent. Even with the things I dislike, I can usually understand why other people would like it, the exceptions being this list.

Meow meow meow meow and meow shogi, meow meow meow meow and meow shogi.

Taking one step a time, I work and try my best.
Though I'm the weakest of the bunch,
Expect from me a good paw punch!
Meow meow pawn, meow shogi.

Jan 13, 2020 11:25 PM
Jul 2018
Your Name is a moderately entertaining popcorn flick and that's it. Not worth the hype.

My Hero Academia is just Naruto for a new generation.

Also not too fond of Attack on Titan, though I did enjoy it back in 2013.
Jan 13, 2020 11:32 PM

Feb 2019
Bunny girl senpai, Shield hero, domestic girlfriend. They have one thing in common and that is bad writing.
Jan 13, 2020 11:33 PM

Oct 2018
Death Note
Yu Yu Hakusho
Your Lie in April
WataMote
Made in Abyss
Jan 13, 2020 11:35 PM

May 2016
Some people are going to hate me for saying this, but I don't really like tokyo ghoul.
First season had a plot and story to it but all these other seasons are out of control and I'm actually lost.
From what others have told me about the recent seasons is the fact that some of them are rushed and leave out important information that the manga had.
Jan 13, 2020 11:42 PM

Jul 2017
I think Danganronpa is quite loved. I don't know about the other seasons, but I think I lost some brain cells during the first one.

Ainchael said:
Some people are going to hate me for saying this, but I don't really like tokyo ghoul.
First season had a plot and story to it but all these other seasons are out of control and I'm actually lost.
From what others have told me about the recent seasons is the fact that some of them are rushed and leave out important information that the manga had.

Nope, nobody will hate you for it. The adaptation is a sad mess after the decently adapted first season, the manga is a work of art though.
AttackonfillerJan 13, 2020 11:55 PM

Jan 13, 2020 11:45 PM
Jun 2019
seven deadly sins
The manga isnt as bad
But the anime is just trash it looks like png images and stuff drawn in ms paint
Nanatsu no Taizai is just an anime and manga that makes me want to pull my eyes out
Jan 13, 2020 11:46 PM

Jul 2007
Miyazaki/Ghibli movies, Akira, and Cowboy Bebop because they are all boring. Good animation doesn't automatically make something good.
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Jan 13, 2020 11:46 PM
Jul 2018
Attackonfiller said:
I think Danganronpa is quite I loved. I don't know about the other seasons, but I think I lost some brain cells during the first one.

When most people say good things about Danganronpa 99% of the time they are talking about the games, which are really fun. I've only heard mixed things about the anime.
Jan 13, 2020 11:49 PM

Aug 2019
Vinland Saga Vinland Saga Vinland Saga Vinland Saga Vinland Saga Vinland Saga Vinland Saga Vinland Saga Vinland Saga Vinland Saga Vinland Saga Vinland Saga Vinland Saga Vinland Saga Vinland Saga Vinland Saga Vinland Saga Vinland Saga Vinland Saga Vinland Saga Vinland Saga Vinland Saga Vinland Saga Vinland Saga Vinland Saga Vinland Saga Vinland Saga Vinland Saga Vinland Saga Vinland Saga Vinland Saga Vinland Saga
Jan 13, 2020 11:50 PM
Mar 2018
Bunny girl senpai , others were able to overlook its pseudoscientific elements for its romance, but sadly I couldn't.
Jan 13, 2020 11:52 PM

Jul 2019
Of course SAO, Seven Deadly Sins, Monogatari series (I have tried watching them but It ain't my cup of tea)
Jan 13, 2020 11:55 PM

Aug 2019
cythraul said:
Bunny girl senpai, Shield hero, domestic girlfriend. They have one thing in common and that is bad writing.

All I see for Domestic Girlfriend is hate.

Jan 13, 2020 11:56 PM

Dec 2018
It's not loved, per say, but Blend S has a much higher rating than it deserves imo. Hetalia as well, maybe? I don't hate a lot of well-liked anime, I think. I'm entertained by most.
Jan 13, 2020 11:59 PM
Jul 2018
MMO Junkie = worst cringefest ever. I'm surprised there's not a lot of complaints on that show putting aside the fact the director was a Nazi sympathizer.
Jan 14, 2020 12:00 AM

Feb 2019
Zaro_1 said:
cythraul said:

All I see for Domestic Girlfriend is hate.

There are some dudes who think it is a good anime. Consider it like SAO on how people here hate it but if you go to youtube or some other social media, you will see praise about it.
Jan 14, 2020 12:23 AM

Apr 2013
boringman15 said:
first of all, I want to apologize if my post will be hated

Anohana
Sword Art Online
Domestic no Kanojo
Boruto
Fairy Tail
Tokyo Ghoul RE
ALL ECCHI, ALL HENTAI, ALL YAOI, ALL YURI

> Loved anime
> All hentai
I don't even know what to say about this "opinion".
Jan 14, 2020 12:31 AM
Apr 2016
Aaah **** here we go again
Violet Evergarden and Kimetsu no Yaiba. The masses of generic viewers cannot bring themselves to even start comprehending what they did to them.
Re:formed
Jan 14, 2020 12:37 AM

Apr 2013
boringman15 said:
Gator said:

> Loved anime
> All hentai
I don't even know what to say about this "opinion".

Ops, sorry i forget "Loved anime" :D

I thought as much, the specific anime you mentioned made sense after all xD
Jan 14, 2020 12:39 AM
Jul 2018
Naruto, this is the one that i "hate". I just dont get it why so many people love it… and expecially at least from my experience when you say that you like anime or anything like that and they start talking about Naruto, saying that is the best... and dealing with normies that think anime is only Naruto.
Jan 14, 2020 12:41 AM

Jul 2016
I wanna eat your pancreas.Normally i would feel lukewarm towards these sorts of teenage romcom movies,but i somehow felt really offended by this movie.I don´t know if it´s because of the unlikeable characters,or the contrived drama....but it´s certainly a combination of both.
Jan 14, 2020 12:43 AM

Jul 2007
Old_1 said:
Naruto, this is the one that i "hate". I just dont get it why so many people love it… and expecially at least from my experience when you say that you like anime or anything like that and they start talking about Naruto, saying that is the best... and dealing with normies that think anime is only Naruto.

Naruro was basically the DBZ of the 00's. Either love it or hate it. Doesn't help that these are gateway anime with huge obnoxious fanbases.
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Jan 14, 2020 12:43 AM
Jun 2015
I don't hate Death Note but for some reason I always drop it around episode 11 whenever I try to watch it.. It's just not for me I guess
Jan 14, 2020 12:44 AM
Jul 2018
1) ToraDora - turned me off
2) Shield Hero - they just PG'd the fuck out of the anime, i think i might just give up on the manga as well
3) Mirai Nikki - i hate yanderes, that irl yandere story in japan boosts my points on why i hate them
4) Fairy Tail - nakama power
5) Death Note - 2nd part of it left a sour taste in my mouth and dealt with this death note fanboy in a comment section that turned me off even more
Jan 14, 2020 12:47 AM

Jul 2016
Mononoke looks like colourful vomit with horrible character design and the message of the first two episodes really yikes-ed me out.
Jan 14, 2020 12:47 AM

Oct 2019
JoJo's part 3, I will never get why people like it, other then some few episodes the first season of part 3 was a complete filler...
Jan 14, 2020 12:48 AM
Jan 2019
Old_1 said:

Fairy Tail is in a very similar position too though, which is on your favs so you should kind of understand. A lot of people don't get why it's loved and it's known to many who don't really go near anime from my experience similar too Naruto, both are loved for being a first anime for many and a very memorable experience for those who aren't familiar with anime.
Jan 14, 2020 12:49 AM

Mar 2017
Missaliensan said:
I wanna eat your pancreas.Normally i would feel lukewarm towards these sorts of teenage romcom movies,but i somehow felt really offended by this movie.I don´t know if it´s because of the unlikeable characters,or the contrived drama....but it´s certainly a combination of both.

This and also Charlotte. I don´t know why so many people love it.
Jan 14, 2020 12:52 AM

Feb 2019
I'm gonna sound cliche, but "hate" is a strong word. I just don't like the anime.
I'm gonna say monogatari series. I liked the first season, but I really didn't like the 2nd season. Probably my biggest dissappointment. It's not bad, it was just not for me.
Jan 14, 2020 12:55 AM
May 2018
ass class is so god damn boring. ive given it a shot multiple times over the years and everytime it disappoints.

DanMachi is awful i dont see the appeal

mirai nikki was a huge waste of time

Shield hero is straight up garbage

kill la kill didnt have many noticeable flaws but it just never stuck with me

Also I don't dislike Kaguya-sama, i actually liked it and gave it a 7/10, but i absolutely do not understand the love it gets. i know theres a lot of manga-readers that love it so maybe the manga is better than the anime but it was "just" a good show nothing special.
Jan 14, 2020 12:58 AM

May 2016
boringman15 said:

ALL ECCHI, ALL HENTAI, ALL YAOI, ALL YURI

All Ecchi, All Hentai, A̶l̶l̶ ̶Y̶a̶o̶i̶, All Yuri

Can't stand ecchi, hentai, or yuri but Idm yaoi
Not into the sexual aspect of it but i'm more into the romantic aspect of it and forming an actual relationship with another guy instead of your typical yaoi/hentai where they just go at it
Jan 14, 2020 1:09 AM
Dec 2018
WataMote
Sword Art Online
Suzumiya haruhi no Yuuutsu
Sakamoto desu ga
Jan 14, 2020 1:23 AM
Jul 2018
Oh, forgot to mention Hinamatsuri. I watched the first few episodes and didn't find a single joke funny. I just don't get it. Not to mention the shading style is ugly.
Jan 14, 2020 1:39 AM

Oct 2019
I don't really understand the praise for the Monogatari series.

I've only watched Bakemonogatari but from what I got from that, the only thing that stood out to me as interesting was the kind of wacky animation but that's only because shaft made the adaptations.

Other than that it was a pretty basic show. I don't hate it but I didn't exactly 'like' it either
Jan 14, 2020 1:47 AM

Jul 2016
Zeckrin said:
Old_1 said:

Fairy Tail is in a very similar position too though, which is on your favs so you should kind of understand. A lot of people don't get why it's loved and it's known to many who don't really go near anime from my experience similar too Naruto, both are loved for being a first anime for many and a very memorable experience for those who aren't familiar with anime.

Yeah you probably shouldn't say that when you have fairy tail in your favs.Fairy tail is just as hated ,and I would argue more than Naruto.
Jan 14, 2020 6:10 AM

Mar 2017
Teasing Master Takagi-san, one of only a very few anime I ever started and couldn't finish. For me it was nothing short of painful to watch.
A møøse once bit my sister...
Jan 14, 2020 6:14 AM

Jan 2009
the monogatari franchise damn too much dialogues/talking its too boring lol
Jan 14, 2020 6:25 AM

Apr 2015
Definitely One Punch Man at the top. Boring from the first minute of the show, never got better.

One Piece. Never gave it much of a shot, but didn't like Luffy at all from the beginning of it, so I couldn't keep watching.

Angel Beats is all just super forced, rushed, and not that good from the get go.

Mob 100. Same as One Punch Man, don't know what I expected.

SAO and AOT are obligatory. Throw in RE:Zero as well.

And lastly, Clannad. Everyone tells me it gets better with the second season, but the first season is just so bad. The comedy is terrible, characters are borderline hate worthy, and the story lines are so bizarre that it can't seem to balance it's goofiness and serious aspects correctly.
Jan 14, 2020 6:54 AM

Nov 2019
There are many animes which I hate like Tokyo Ghoul (I love the manga. In fact it's in my favourites) but those are popular opinions.

Probably I'm gonna a lot of hate for it but the ones I hate whereas everyone else loves are:
JoJo's Bizarre Adventures
5 Centimeters per Second
SAO PROGRESSIVE ANIME HYPE
Jan 14, 2020 8:52 AM
Feb 2014
A lot of people i have seen love this trash, but i hated them!!!

Air

Angel Beats!

Byousoku 5 Centimeter

Durarara!!

Gintama

Kaichou wa Maid-sama!

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica

Nagi no Asu kara

Saiunkoku Monogatari

Tasogare Otome x Amnesia

Vampire Knight
My Shoujo, Josei and Female targeted anime adaptations starting from 2017+ stacks:

Part 1: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9181
Part 2: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9195
Part 3: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9225
Part 4: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9280
Jan 14, 2020 8:56 AM
Feb 2014
Theo1899 said:
Durarara is a piece of garbage filled with mostly unlikeable characters that people seem to like for some reason I still can't understand

I feel the exact same way!!!!! Finally someone who agrees with me!!!! Almost all the characters are either demented psychopaths or cowardly lowlife scum!!!!

Celty was the only ok character that didn't make me want to murder them.

My Shoujo, Josei and Female targeted anime adaptations starting from 2017+ stacks:

Part 1: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9181
Part 2: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9195
Part 3: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9225
Part 4: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9280
Jan 14, 2020 9:11 AM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Theo1899 said:

Its because people have different tastes and preferences...
Jan 14, 2020 9:13 AM

Jun 2019
Spirited Away
Kimi ni Todoke (season 2 specifically)
Evangelion to an extent

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

188 by Adnash »»
33 seconds ago

Poll: » Bare feet or pantyhoses?

Absurdo_N - Yesterday

28 by Rinenka »»
15 minutes ago

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst

EastIndiaCompany - Yesterday

30 by Serafos »»
15 minutes ago

» Isekai anime are better than any other genre. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 20

50 by EastIndiaCompany »»
28 minutes ago

Poll: » So, is anime male or female?

Tirinchas - Apr 22

39 by Tirinchas »»
29 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.