Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 11, 2020 3:44 AM

Nov 2015
Shadzzo said:
Old_School_Akira said:

What you posted was a anime vs manga picture. So I did the same with a scene from season 1 . Same quality.
(:

The Animation is no different from the previous seasons

You should re watch them.

Again why are you comparing irrelevant parts? Compare All might vs nomu, deku vs todoroki, all might vs AfO, deku vs kacchan as they were the biggest fights of their seasons. Not this.

Deku & bakugo vs all might is not important now? It’s a fight that involves the main character, his rival and his favourite hero.

The 1st 3 characters that are introduced to us in the beginning of the story.

smh 🤦‍♂️
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Jan 11, 2020 3:45 AM

Jan 2016
xkazutox said:

Luffy: urgh... (https://youtu.be/uUUKjKLFJYA?t=52)
Deku: Ty Bones!!
Saitama: Bro, how long are you moving on the air for so long? you only have power base quirk and you're not even bald.
Deku: Thanks for the hw guys.

what good animation in one piece? what is this?
Jan 11, 2020 3:48 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It's not Boku no Hero Academia anymore it's Dragon Ball Z now
Jan 11, 2020 3:49 AM
May 2017
They just kinda jumped past my favourite panel in my hero
no biggy

Jan 2016
Old_School_Akira said:
Shadzzo said:

Again why are you comparing irrelevant parts? Compare All might vs nomu, deku vs todoroki, all might vs AfO, deku vs kacchan as they were the biggest fights of their seasons. Not this.

Deku & bakugo vs all might is not important now? It’s a fight that involves the main character, his rival and his favourite hero.

smh 🤦‍♂️

but that was not a climax fight of an arc, however this one was...

Aug 2018
Ricool said:
Giintora said:

Uh, yeah? I never said it was a competition.

I know you didn't, but man, this fight isn't top tier Bones at all, there were like 5 cuts of around 10-15 seconds in the episode that looked really good, while a large part of the fight was just average in terms of animation

Having 12 build up episodes with lackluster animation for a fight that isn't on par with the other climatic fights of the series, at least animation-wise, is really disappointing, at least in my opinion

To be fair, I feel like that's just MHA. You have these little moments of sakuga orgasm, and then everything else is pretty average. The finale of Izuku vs. Todoroki, the one moment where Izuku did that axe kick in his second round with Bakugo, the "1,000,000%" Delaware-Detroit Smash, then All Might's United States of Smash. I don't really think they're climatic as they all really seem to be honestly. Admittedly, All Might and AFO's battle being the one with actual tension as was the first Nobu fight. That gave it a greater sense of that "climatic" feel you mention.

We've been spoiled by Mob Psycho, man. I think this was the best MHA has looked so far even more so considering they have that movie in the works. Dunno. I'm just looking forward to see how others take this in tomorrow (anime reactors i.e.).

Jul 2012
Old_School_Akira said:
Shadzzo said:

smh 🤦‍♂️

So you consider it the main fight of the season.
smh 🤦‍♂️ Stop being a blind fan man you dont need to defend something objectively/visibly not the case. Have the heart to call something bad if its worse than previous...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 11, 2020 3:50 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
-Aincrad- said:
I can't tell if this is a OPM or a JoJo reference

Probably one punch man since they both can't fly and can only do high jump.
Jan 11, 2020 3:54 AM
Feb 2017
One of the best episode of BNHA so far, those punches made me scream. Definitely top 2 or 1 fight of anime bnha for me. If this doesn't increase the rating of this anime even by little, I dont know what does. This episode was more like Mob Psycho 100 than my hero academia xD
BrightBlueShadowJan 11, 2020 3:57 AM
Jan 11, 2020 3:54 AM
Jun 2017
Just love that fight between Deku vs Overhaul... and from Mob Deku 100% to became Deku Saitama. Hahaha...

And eri's quirck has been explained. Its a big help for Deku. Yeah
Jan 11, 2020 3:55 AM

Nov 2014
Nice visuals but it was all over the place with unexplained things happening, i guess that's what this anime is now.
Jan 11, 2020 3:55 AM

Aug 2018
Tssss so they just wanted to get the sakuga for this episode alone ? It might cost a lot of time and effort but it just makes me feel those last 4 eps where just pointless filler trash to extend the arc by doing irelevant character development instead of focusing on the real confrontation.

This was excellent but still WAAAY BELOW Izuku VS Shoto and mainly United States of Smash, which they reused the theme without any cleverness and timing, just because it's epic.
The english vocals where not necessary no, it feels off because it's the first time they do it so it takes everyone by surprise, may as well don't do it in this case or have more powerful lyrics.

Overhaul is way beyond the league any villain of the alliance, Stain was just fighting with blades and Muscular has just strong physical force, this guy can absorb, regenerate and transform at will, he's at least All For One level of power even more considering it needs a 100% Izuku to beat him. I wonder how Hori can implement new viable threats after such an opponent.

Eri's backstory seems rush, I hope the ed is fully explained next ep or I'll be disappointed, anyway BackPack Loli FTW.
Jan 11, 2020 3:56 AM
Dec 2018
BrightBlueShadow said:
One of the best episode of BNHA so far, those punches made me scream. Definitely top 2 or 1 fight of anime bnha for me. If this doesn't increase the rating of this anime even by little, I dont know what does.

Probably better animation does
Jan 11, 2020 3:57 AM

Sep 2017
Shadzzo said:
Sasuga Bones... I miss the old seasons.

Old_School_Akira said:
Shadzzo said:
I miss the old seasons.

The old seasons don’t look any better :P

Why is it that you people can't understand that animation and manga are completely different media and should be judged under different criteria?

Manga is a static medium, and aesthetically it should be judged based on panel flow, drawing quality/detail, etc.

Animation is an ANIMATED medium, it's there on the name. If you are going to compare the two, compare the animation in motion to the manga panels, not still frames. Plus, in animation there's this thing called "Keyframes", which mark the key poses of characters, moments of impact, etc. aka "the important ones" and "in-between frames", which serve to move from keyframe to keyframe.

If any of you actually knew anything about animation you'd knew that in-between frames usually look like shit when they are static, but make an animation look fluid in motion.

Note that this isn't me saying I prefer the animated aesthetic, personally I prefer the manga, this is me saying that you have no clue of what you are talking about. You expected the entire fight to be sakuga like the Shoto vs Midoriya fight, but let me remind you that the sakuga moment of animation there were like 30 seconds at the end, just like this one, and to me both are on about the same level of animation (though i think Midoriya vs Shoto still has slightly better sakuga).
miguitronikJan 11, 2020 4:02 AM
Jan 11, 2020 3:59 AM

Jun 2017
Everyone: Animation, Soundtrack, story

Me:

Jan 11, 2020 4:00 AM
Feb 2017
DruMzTV said:
BrightBlueShadow said:
One of the best episode of BNHA so far, those punches made me scream. Definitely top 2 or 1 fight of anime bnha for me. If this doesn't increase the rating of this anime even by little, I dont know what does.

Well yeah , the animation could've been better in other episodes but its pretty satisfying for this episode , though there might be scope for improvement. I wish Bones studio focused on this season first and movie next like they did for the first movie.
Jan 11, 2020 4:03 AM
Mar 2019
Giintora said:
Ricool said:

I know you didn't, but man, this fight isn't top tier Bones at all, there were like 5 cuts of around 10-15 seconds in the episode that looked really good, while a large part of the fight was just average in terms of animation

Having 12 build up episodes with lackluster animation for a fight that isn't on par with the other climatic fights of the series, at least animation-wise, is really disappointing, at least in my opinion

To be fair, I feel like that's just MHA. You have these little moments of sakuga orgasm, and then everything else is pretty average. The finale of Izuku vs. Todoroki, the one moment where Izuku did that axe kick in his second round with Bakugo, the "1,000,000%" Delaware-Detroit Smash, then All Might's United States of Smash. I don't really think they're climatic as they all really seem to be honestly. Admittedly, All Might and AFO's battle being the one with actual tension as was the first Nobu fight. That gave it a greater sense of that "climatic" feel you mention.

We've been spoiled by Mob Psycho, man. I think this was the best MHA has looked so far even more so considering they have that movie in the works. Dunno. I'm just looking forward to see how others take this in tomorrow (anime reactors i.e.).

I felt like the problem wasn't this fight's animation, but that none of the other fights before this one had really good animation, some were decent (both of the Kirishima fights) but there were a lot of still shots and average animation in all the other ones

I mean, the second best fight in the season in terms of animation was between two unknown villains at the start of the episode 5, they wasted their talents on an useless fight while some important ones (Mirio vs Overhaul for example) were just average, while in other seasons, all the fights were at least decent animation-wise, at least in my memory
Jan 11, 2020 4:04 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
miros said:
xkazutox said:

Luffy: urgh... (https://youtu.be/uUUKjKLFJYA?t=52)
Deku: Ty Bones!!
Saitama: Bro, how long are you moving on the air for so long? you only have power base quirk and you're not even bald.
Deku: Thanks for the hw guys.

I made the post to show the reference they used from other anime since Deku himself never learn to throw multiple consecutive punch at once. Bones made it possible.
Jan 11, 2020 4:07 AM
May 2017
Shoko664 said:
Damn that punch was brutal
the best bit in the episode
Jan 11, 2020 4:07 AM

Sep 2014
Pretty fantastic episode, I've enjoyed the season so far, but the build for this final clash was great, from Eri realizing what she needed to do to actually stop people from getting hurt, to Deku essentially getting a cheat code with Eri to temporarily use his full power without technically destroying himself with some pretty great shots as he goes full Super Saiyan.

Knowing Eri's abilities, I'm definitely curious to see if it has other uses related to fixing Mirio or perhaps All Might, or if that's just not possible due to it not being controllable anytime soon. Though it sounds like Mirio could be fixed with a blue bullet if one is already made. It offers up interesting possibilities at the moment for sure since I'm not a manga reader.
KamikazeKeegJan 11, 2020 4:23 AM
Jan 11, 2020 4:09 AM

Jun 2016
this episode was amazing !!!
Jan 11, 2020 4:12 AM
Aug 2016
There's only one word for this episode: ASSPULL.
Jan 11, 2020 4:18 AM

Jan 2016
xkazutox said:
miros said:

I made the post to show the reference they used from other anime since Deku himself never learn to throw multiple consecutive punch at once. Bones made it possible.

actually weirdly enough i wasn't being ironical , i stopped watching one piece after dressrosa , and it seem the quality had imprive alot since then because dear god after the time skip the One piece anime was a mess

and about Deku well you don't really need to "learn" how to throw some random multiple punches
Jan 11, 2020 4:18 AM

Feb 2018
Ok this is epic, best episode for this season so far
Jan 11, 2020 4:19 AM

Jan 2016
Hebi_op said:

how dafuq was that an assspull?
Jan 11, 2020 4:24 AM
Mar 2016
Kozis said:
Xaralabos13 said:
When Eri learns to control her quirk, just have her heal Deku's arms and All might overall xD

Exactly, it is such a broken power. It can restore Mirio"s Quirk, heal Midoriya"s right arm, heal All Might. It can even revive people.

They will bring it up either next episode or the one after that why it's not possible.

The way Horikoshi writes the story, the one thing that will probably happen at some point is Mirio getting his quirk back, which I would be fine with. I've also recently seen the theory that Mirio's quirk factor might have gotten rewinded to how it was before he was 4 years old. So basically, it could be that it ages again from this point and he manifests his quirk a second time at some point in the next 1-4 years.
Jan 11, 2020 4:25 AM

Sep 2014
Hebi_op said:

It's actually pretty well explained why Deku can do what he is doing. That's kinda the opposite of an "asspull."
Jan 11, 2020 4:25 AM

Jul 2017
They did not do a good job with building up Eri and Chisaki for me this season, and make me care for what was happening, so the whole thing came off cheesy to me (especially with the new song that was placed in the middle which felt odd).

For people that have enjoyed this season, this must have been great to them on an emotional and visual standpoint. Sadly, I wasn't that into either.

Not it's worst episode by any means, not even a disappointment either given how I expected nothing out of it. Just an average, boring episode. Sorry if I sound too harsh.
Jan 11, 2020 4:28 AM
Aug 2016
KamikazeKeeg said:
Hebi_op said:

It's actually pretty well explained why Deku can do what he is doing. That's kinda the opposite of an "asspull."

Then explain. Except if it's explained in the manga
Jan 11, 2020 4:29 AM

Jun 2015
Holy motherfucking shit! This was a fucking amazing episode!
Jan 11, 2020 4:30 AM
Jan 2017
hmm it was disappointment to me i was expecting more
Jan 11, 2020 4:34 AM

Apr 2017
Great episode. But I would have prefered it way more without the American vocals in the middle (I really hate the American accent, sorry).
Jan 11, 2020 4:34 AM
Dec 2018
BrightBlueShadow said:
DruMzTV said:

Well yeah , the animation could've been better in other episodes but its pretty satisfying for this episode , though there might be scope for improvement. I wish Bones studio focused on this season first and movie next like they did for the first movie.

Definetly brother
Jan 11, 2020 4:36 AM

Oct 2018
Hebi_op said:
KamikazeKeeg said:

That's actually the real power of One For All/Deku, when at 100%.

And he could go all out because Eri-chan was constantly healing him/rewinding him to a healthy state.

He kept breaking his bones over and over again, but Eri saved him with her Quirk.
Jan 11, 2020 4:36 AM

Oct 2017
Deku changed the future ayy. The animation, visuals and voice was just marvelous. Also did Nighteye die dang.
Jan 11, 2020 4:37 AM

Sep 2014
Hebi_op said:
KamikazeKeeg said:

As far as I saw it from my singular watch of the episode and no manga knowledge, Deku can't normally use his full power, because it essentially destroys his body, it's incapable of handling it, which is why he learned to only use it at certain levels to keep from ruining himself like he did earlier on. Eri's power rewinds people, so the idea is that what is being rewound is the damage he is causing to himself, balancing his power with that of Eri's uncontrollable power, and basically using Eri as a temporary cheat code to do something he normally wouldn't be able to. It's a temporary buff and basically gives him a glimpse of what he'll able to do in the future if he keeps training and honing his power and body.

An asspull if something out of nowhere, this has explanation behind it especially with the full reveal of Eri's power.
Jan 11, 2020 4:39 AM
Aug 2016
KamikazeKeeg said:
Hebi_op said:

As far as I saw it from my singular watch of the episode and no manga knowledge, Deku can't normally use his full power, because it essentially destroys his body, it's incapable of handling it, which is why he learned to only use it at certain levels to keep from ruining himself like he did earlier on. Eri's power rewinds people, so the idea is that what is being rewound is the damage he is causing to himself, balancing his power with that of Eri's uncontrollable power, and basically using Eri as a temporary cheat code to do something he normally wouldn't be able to. It's a temporary buff and basically gives him a glimpse of what he'll able to do in the future if he keeps training and honing his power and body.

An asspull if something out of nowhere, this has explanation behind it especially with the full reveal of Eri's power.

Okay. I'm not very used to the term, maybe asspull isn't the right word i honestly don't care.

But the fact is that Nighteye should predict 100% what is going to happen, no matter what. Like, he should've saw with his quirk that Deku would use 100% and all, but SOMEHOW he wasn't right. Wanna call it asspull? Fine. Plot armor? Definitely. But it's something i can't really digest at all.
Jan 11, 2020 4:42 AM
Dec 2019
So... is this arc over in the next episode?
Jan 11, 2020 4:43 AM

Oct 2019
This episode was beautiful. That part when Eri decides to let herself be saved and trust the heroes and everything is silent except for the music was so emotional.
I also loved 100% Deku smashing the hell out of Overall. Very satisfying.

Next episode is going to break me, I'll definitely be crying
Jan 11, 2020 4:43 AM

Jan 2016
KamikazeKeeg said:
Hebi_op said:

that guy definally didn't pay attetion in the episode , Deku pretty much explained that at 14:00
Jan 11, 2020 4:45 AM
Apr 2017
KitKatLong said:
For all the hype they were building up this episode sure as hell felt disappointing... I don't really know how to put it but it doesn't makes you emotional like some of the previous big fights in the series such as deku vs muscular does.

FELT THE SAME WAY muscular vs deku hit harder and still the best fight in the series so far
Jan 11, 2020 4:45 AM

May 2017
I am either losing my enjoyment for this franchise or the episode is just overhyped and this was not even close to being one of the best fights. I remember the greatness and the tears that I shed when I watched Deku vs Todoroki or all might vs all for one. This didn't come close at all.

Still a good episode though
Jan 11, 2020 4:46 AM
Sep 2017
hayitsraymond said:
KitKatLong said:
For all the hype they were building up this episode sure as hell felt disappointing... I don't really know how to put it but it doesn't makes you emotional like some of the previous big fights in the series such as deku vs muscular does.

FELT THE SAME WAY muscular vs deku hit harder and still the best fight in the series so far
that fucking triller music at the fight ruined everything
Jan 11, 2020 4:46 AM
Apr 2016
xkazutox said:
miros said:

He also did it in the manga
Jan 11, 2020 4:50 AM
Jun 2015
Wow so much plot armor for Deku in this episode thanks to Eris asspull Rewind abilty, which prevents injuries, which makes no fuckin since. What a shitshow arc. Well yall got ur sakuga after 12 boring ass episodes. All for the fight to end in one punch again.
Jan 11, 2020 4:51 AM

Sep 2014
Hebi_op said:
But the fact is that Nighteye should predict 100% what is going to happen, no matter what. Like, he should've saw with his quirk that Deku would use 100% and all, but SOMEHOW he wasn't right. Wanna call it asspull? Fine. Plot armor? Definitely. But it's something i can't really digest at all.

The story this whole season was building up to this moment, that despite what he has said, maybe Nighteye's power isn't guaranteed every time, that Deku somehow broke the mold, it's clearly important to the story and to Nighteye's very character. The whole point of this show is literally setting up that Deku becomes the greatest hero, so nothing about this is really out of place.
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
miros said:
xkazutox said:

actually weirdly enough i wasn't being ironical , i stopped watching one piece after dressrosa , and it seem the quality had imprive alot since then because dear god after the time skip the One piece anime was a mess

and about Deku well you don't really need to "learn" how to throw some random multiple punches

As I said, it was a reference since he never did it before. You're forgetting the fact that he once struggled with only know how to punch then had to learn another way which is his shooting style, the kick. Bro, are you really watching the anime?

And do I need to hear your excuse for not able to finish a potential 1000 ep anime? You got anything else better to recommend me to watch? There's ain't many good series that are shounen action.
Fuwa_sanJan 11, 2020 4:54 AM

Jan 2017
Shadzzo said:
Yikes that english song was so out of place and loud. Completely destroyed the scene for me and i prayed for it to end.

Such a disappointing season. The pace was bad (this arc had pacing issues in the manga too infact it was even worse), animation was nothing but a shadow of the previous seasons (some parts felt like powerpoint slideshow lmao) and average at best fights. Honestly even Fatgum's fight was better than this "Main fight" of the season. I can understand why mangaka of bnha Horikoshi said that he disliked drawing and writing this arc

Finally, someone says it. For a mid-season finale and supposedly the "best arc", it was overhyped and had a poor choice of music, animation, and style.

Can't wait for the rest of the season, because it's about to become as bland as bending plastic (literally).
Jan 11, 2020 4:52 AM

Sep 2014
Cut content again. So instead of sacrificing direction this episode, they chose to sacrifice character relevant content which made up a fulfilling story in the manga. And I suspect a number of ppl will be praising this because the animation went up, forgiving the absolutely horrible direction and storyboarding throughout the season as well as negligence to expand upon scenes like the Bane fight which the majority of the fanbase considered crucial before this season started. This just shows how low the standards have fallen for fans to accept or even like what we got this season on an average basis.

This episode was obviously not bad, but it was definitely not worth the sacrifice of 10+ episodes, some of which were in heavy need of good direction and animation. The thing I really can commend this episode for is the song that they used for the scene with Eri falling. It was a great artistic choice, even though the Christmas song used didn't feel very MHA to me. I can still appreciate the direction of exploring new ways to adapt the series though, but would have preferred if they stuck with what they knew worked from previous season instead of this drastic change of basically everything they possibly could change this season.

Curious to see how the adaptation moves on from here and whether we'll return to the good ol' style of adapting this series moving forward or will keep getting subpar episodes with the occasional acceptable to good season/mid-season finale.
Jan 11, 2020 4:53 AM
Jul 2015
those last frames just before the ending theme weren't always there right?
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2020

465 by YeaGERIST01 »»
Yesterday, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

158 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2020

233 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 8:50 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2020

225 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 8:27 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2020

128 by WolfWood37 »»
Mar 31, 9:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.