Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 11, 2020 12:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, this is the big fight featuring Deku and Overhaul that I've been anticipating to see. Stakes are high with Eri on the line.

Hell of an episode though, one of the better ones imo of this season. They even threw in a special song when Deku saves her. About time. Oh and I'm glad they gave Overhaul a chance to shine this episode too. What a cliffhanger!
Jan 11, 2020 1:58 AM

Dec 2008
You can become a Hero with vocals? Right in The feels.
Best episode of the season so far! Thank you Yutaka Nakamura.
Jan 11, 2020 2:13 AM
Jul 2018
Holy fuck, that was a fucking amazing episode. It might be recency bias, but I think that was my favourite episode of My Hero Academia.

I nearly cried during that bit where he catches eri (especially the music choice) and my brain melted when he was flying through the air in 100% mode while destroying the shit out of Overhaul.

A perfect 5/5.
Jan 11, 2020 2:15 AM
Feb 2017
Deku looking super fresh with his new power-up Full Cowling Loli Backpack 100%. Although the fight wasn't "hype" like other big clashes, I don't really think that was the point of it. Still really sick though.

When Deku told Eri" Your quirk is a blessing", I felt all happy inside. After being torn apart and treated like filth, she finally finds someone who deeply cares for not only her but the thing that she thought labeled her a monster.

Amazing episode.

This is why lolis reign supreme.
MegaStrideJan 11, 2020 2:26 AM
Jan 11, 2020 2:16 AM

Aug 2018
Quite debatably the best episode in the series so far. Those vocals in the middle of the episode were beautiful, and the fight itself is Bones at their infinite 100% best. This is what makes MHA so universally loved when it counts.

On a side note, I stopped reading the manga here, so I'm psyched to see how the second half of the season will be.
Jan 11, 2020 2:17 AM

Jul 2012
Yikes that english song was so out of place and loud. Completely destroyed the scene for me and i prayed for it to end.

Such a disappointing season. The pace was bad (this arc had pacing issues in the manga too infact it was even worse), animation was nothing but a shadow of the previous seasons (some parts felt like powerpoint slideshow lmao) and average at best fights. Honestly even Fatgum's fight was better than this "Main fight" of the season. I can understand why mangaka of bnha Horikoshi said that he disliked drawing and writing this arc
ShadzzoJan 11, 2020 2:46 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 11, 2020 2:18 AM

Nov 2016
They finally delivered with the quality of this episode. Nothing that made me lose my mind, still decent MyHero-esque sakuga and Deku looked really awesome in 100% mode. Soundtrack was also hype inducing as usual and the song was actually quite nice too.

Mirio fight resonated more with me, but this was certainly great.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 11, 2020 2:19 AM

Aug 2017
Shadzzo said:
Yikes that english song was so out of place and loud. Completely destroyed the scene for me and i prayed for it to end.

Such a disappointing season.

Whoa if your gonna pray for something that trivial, try praying for something like fried chicken falling from the sky, heh.
I used to be a watchmaker.
Jan 11, 2020 2:20 AM

Apr 2018
Absolutely amazing! I loved it. I just wish there was a bit more fighting with Deku at 100%. it felt like he ended it really fast.

Also I'm usually not one to complain about animation but this fight felt kinda weak in the animation department. It was a lot of still shots and less than spectacular movement. They could do a lot better for such a hype fight. This is likely the most hype fight we're gonna get from MHA this season so I'm a lil sad that they didn't do a better job animating it. =(
Jan 11, 2020 2:23 AM

Aug 2013
holy mothafuckin' shit....this was probably the most lit fight for me since All Might vs One for All...hell it gave me chills and brought back All Might vs. Nomu for me. Damn this was amazing. My ninja Deku over here with the Datoshitemo life
Don't believe the hype.
Jan 11, 2020 2:35 AM

Feb 2018
Bless Yutaka Nakamura

[img]https://i.ibb.co/xhk5X17/image.png[/img]
[img]https://i.ibb.co/YPSbShx/image.png[/img]
[img]https://i.ibb.co/Ct0RWRN/image.png[/img]

mod edit: one embedded screenshot per post.
TenshoJan 11, 2020 6:05 AM
Jan 11, 2020 2:37 AM

Oct 2018
Wow, Deku was f*cking sick, I need a wallpaper of that!

BTW the episode was insane, it was outstanding, but to be completely honest, I expected the fight to be even better, like we couldn't even see the punches. I guess this season really isn't about the insane battles, but the emotions, in which it stands out for sure.

Maybe I just had too high expectations after all the build up and hype that manga readers caused.

5/5 for the episode, obviously the best in this season, but I will stick to the 8/10 score for the season. It wasn't good enough to raise it.

Deku VS Muscular was still much better.
Curious to see what the rest of the season is about.
-Aincrad-Jan 11, 2020 3:07 AM
Jan 11, 2020 2:38 AM

Jul 2019
fucking awesome of an episode
DaBoi
Jan 11, 2020 2:39 AM

Oct 2013
Very meh

Eri's quirk activated exactly at the right time, Uraraka and the gang did absolutely nothing, Deku suddenly become Saitama with his weird punches.

And except the final moment the animation was meh. Oh and that insert song was a very weird one, better put You Say Run tbh
Jan 11, 2020 2:40 AM

Aug 2016
omgomgomg its here im so ready
Jan 11, 2020 2:42 AM

Jun 2014
Hmmm, idk why I still feel like this episode didnt really reach the full potential that it had. Dont get me wrong, the animation was stellar and the soundtrack killed, as usual, but for the most hyped fight/moment of the arc, and certainly the most hyped episode of the season, this felt like it could have been better. Again idk maybe that's just me being overly critical of an arc that I admittedly never really cared for, but to each their own. Still, it was a pretty great episode and seeing Deku in action like that with Backpack Eri was a thrill to watch.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 11, 2020 2:52 AM

May 2015
Best episode so far.
Jan 11, 2020 3:01 AM

Jul 2012
Sasuga Bones... I miss the old seasons.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 11, 2020 3:03 AM

Oct 2018
Shadzzo said:

That looks like he just launched his arm(anime).
Jan 11, 2020 3:03 AM

Oct 2019
Damn that punch was brutal
Jan 11, 2020 3:04 AM

Oct 2015
Sakuga at the end was amazing. I still hated how the episode was directed. The flashbacks just completely interrupts the episode several times. This is why I was more so anticipating the Mirio fight. 100% Deku vs Kaiju Overhaul is too one-sided and ended in a few punches. I'm disappointed they didn't extend the fight like they did with All Might vs Nomu.

I like the vocal version of "You Can Be A Hero" though.
Jan 11, 2020 3:06 AM
Jan 2019
After a long wait finally the fight.. Deku at 100% ❤️ Best episode of this season ❤️❤️
Jan 11, 2020 3:06 AM
Dec 2018
Well, that was disappointing. I´m a BIG Hero fan, i thought about crying after the episode ended because it was such a disappointment. I looked forward to this exact episode since ive read it in the manga..... and they ruined it completely. The music choices were awful, where are my godlike track like YouSayRun? or one of the versions of it. One of those really hyped up tracks that make you want to go all out and scream, where were they? Fk these holy angel vocals at the end. THAT was absolutely not MHA like. They felt so out of place, it ruined everything for me. The song when Eri tried to grab the cape didnt resonate with me personally too, but I wont judge that because i can see this being something fit for the scene and to a scale My Hero-esque. But again, another point that was just a letdown. Now the Animation...

What is there to say... on a Studio Bones level its probably a 7 or an 8/10.
I expected them to go all out for this one episode, which they didnt.

YES there were f*ing awesome moments ... but thats it. Those moments consisted of around 5-20 seconds each and happened maybe 3-4 times sprinkled throughout the episode. I wanted a Fight SEQUENCE which they should have stretched out, and not 3-4 single moments, even if they were animated nicely. I hope you peeps can understand my standpoint to a degree. (Let me tell you my dissatiscfaction in numbers like this: 60 % did the Music ruined the episode for me, 25% the Animation and 15% the pacing. It was mainly the music.)

The Pacing.... sigh... Its hard for me to explain without spoiling it for anime onlys but i will try my best, so dont be afraid to read this paragraph.

They adapted, once again, 3 chapters this episode. I anticipated 4 and i wanted 4. Now i know i said i wanted them to stretch out the fight scene, but i also wanted them to improve the pacing. Is that a contradiction? Well yes, but actually no. I wanted them to stretch out the fight scene, but reduce the talk within the fight scene and cut out details that are not important. If you peeps dont want these details cut out, which i truly can understand and appreciate, then WHY, for gods sake WHY couldnt they cut out the OP and ED+ Preview this episode to make room for 4 more minutes?

Because they decided not to. And that is why i am upset too. Its not uncommon to cut out the OP and ED entirely for an important episode (e.g. OPM ep 12 etc). Why did i wanted them to adapt 4 chapters? Because now my calculation about where the anime lets off in episode 24 is different from what i anticipated, and that makes me sad, truly sad. I wanted certain things to get animated at the end of this season. But now i know that this was the season finale and i am left off with a feeling of disappointment.

Feel free to discuss! I am just heavily frustrated... I am by no means a Hero Hater. (Its not one of my favorites too, but it definetly has a special place in my heart).

Upon rewatch this episode may grow on me or not. I definetly hope it will. Have a good day guys and thanks for your time reading this negative review, i truly appreciate that and hope i havent affected some of you in a negative way.
DruMzTVJan 11, 2020 3:29 AM
Jan 11, 2020 3:10 AM

Nov 2015
Shadzzo said:
I miss the old seasons.

The old seasons don’t look any better :P
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Jan 11, 2020 3:11 AM

Oct 2018
- this season was supposed to dark toned but it feels like I am watching a Disney movie , I think it has very different tone and animation than first 3 season...........

- there is no overwhelming action till today :(
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Jan 11, 2020 3:13 AM

Apr 2012
When Eri learns to control her quirk, just have her heal Deku's arms and All might overall xD
Jan 11, 2020 3:14 AM

Jul 2012
Old_School_Akira said:
Shadzzo said:
I miss the old seasons.

Bruh there will be drawing quality difference between manga and anime but if you cant see the quality difference in drawings between that and what i posted, you should get your eyes checked. Plus the animation was garbage this season except that 15 seconds done by Harawata.
Jan 11, 2020 3:17 AM

Aug 2016
Xaralabos13 said:
When Eri learns to control her quirk, just have her heal Deku's arms and All might overall xD

Exactly, it is such a broken power. It can restore Mirio"s Quirk, heal Midoriya"s right arm, heal All Might. It can even revive people.
Jan 11, 2020 3:18 AM

Oct 2015
Ok, that was intense. The animation department really killed it with this episode.

I'm curious to see what will become of Eri's quirk. She could very possibly reverse the permanent injuries sustained by Deku and All Might, which doesn't seem like a good choice from a narrative standpoint.

Dec 2008
Shadzzo said:

https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/109521

I dont think it was bad while moving

Oct 2018
I can't tell if this is a OPM or a JoJo reference

Dec 2013
Damn this episode looked incredible! I loved seeing super saiyan Midoriya flying through the air. That punch looked brutal!
Jan 11, 2020 3:19 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
I guess it's okay, better than the previous episodes this season. All the previous episodes felt like a waste of time. Every episodes now has some sort of flashback, it still way too predictable and kill the excitement.
They will never learn to stop adding insert in a middle of the fight. It's way too repetitive this season. Should have added in the beginning of the episode not in the mid of a fight. Well, the main fight is over now. Rip Mirio, Deku took all the credit.

Deku: Hey Senpai, can I copy your hw?
Goku: Okay?
Deku: Super Saiyan Hair!
Deku: Time for an attack.
Luffy: Hey, isn't that...?
Deku: Kong Organ
Luffy: urgh... (https://youtu.be/uUUKjKLFJYA?t=52)
Deku: Ty Bones animation!!
Saitama: Bro, how long are you moving on the air for so long? you only have power base quirk and you're not even bald.
Deku: Thanks for the hw guys.
Fuwa_sanJan 11, 2020 3:45 AM
Jan 11, 2020 3:20 AM

Jun 2014
MoonStar9 said:
The flashbacks just completely interrupts the episode several times.

This. I think this is what took me out of the fight at times and made me feel like this wasnt as good as it could have been. I understand why the flashbacks are there, characterization and explaining Eri's Quirk and whatnot, but it interrupted the flow unfortunately.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 11, 2020 3:20 AM
Mar 2019
Giintora said:
Quite debatably the best episode in the series so far. Those vocals in the middle of the episode were beautiful, and the fight itself is Bones at their infinite 100% best. This is what makes MHA so universally loved when it counts.

On a side note, I stopped reading the manga here, so I'm psyched to see how the second half of the season will be.

That definitely isn't Bones at their best in terms of animation, you know we're living in a world where Mob Psycho 100 exists, right ?
Jan 11, 2020 3:22 AM
Jan 2018
MAN What an episode.It felt like sitting on a rollercoaster and enjoy the thrill of 100% power and superb graphics.

Best episode for me so far.
Jan 11, 2020 3:23 AM
Apr 2018
((Sorry for my bad english)). I watched the first 2 seasons of My Hero Academia in 2 days right when the second season ended

I found that the 3rd second would start in April 2018 so I decided to wait. I was so hyped and it felt like forever to that day. In 7 April it began and till the end of it I was always hyped.

Probably all of us expected that season 4th would come out in Spring, like the other ones, but it wasn't like that and it was released in Fall. I couldn't wait any longer so I started to read the manga.

Since the 4th season began the hype wasn't the same, close to nothing and I think this happened because I already had known what's going on. Now I decided to give up on manga and maybe read it when the future seasons will end.

And what I really wanted to say is that I don't understand why people still say that it didn't had a big potential. Maybe I am a fanboy, maybe not but for me was the best episode from all the seasons until this moment.

I really loved the music they chose when Deku catches Eri, I don't find anything wrong with it. Never expecting a music like that in this Anime :)

Some people say that the animation still isn't good enough. What do you mean? The final part of the battle was godly to me. Maybe you are expecting a 24 minutes episode only with a animation like that to say that the animation was amazing? Something like that is very hard to make from what I heard.

This episode was amazing, even if I readed the manga, the hype came back in this episode.
Jan 11, 2020 3:24 AM

May 2019
Shadzzo said:

Such a disappointing season. The pace was bad (this arc had pacing issues in the manga too infact it was even worse), animation was nothing but a shadow of the previous seasons (some parts felt like powerpoint slideshow lmao) and average at best fights. Honestly even Fatgum's fight was better than this "Main fight" of the season. I can understand why mangaka of bnha Horikoshi said that he disliked drawing and writing this arc
Shadzzo said:

Everything said correct
Jan 11, 2020 3:25 AM

Nov 2015
Shadzzo said:
Old_School_Akira said:

Bruh there will be drawing quality difference between manga and anime but if you cant see the quality difference in drawings between that and what i posted, you should get your eyes checked. Plus the animation was garbage this season except that 15 seconds done by Harawata.

What you posted was a anime vs manga picture. So I did the same with a scene from season 1 . Same quality.
(:

The Animation is no different from the previous seasons

You should re watch them.
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Jan 11, 2020 3:25 AM
Jan 2018
thebrentinator24 said:
MoonStar9 said:
The flashbacks just completely interrupts the episode several times.

This. I think this is what took me out of the fight at times and made me feel like this wasnt as good as it could have been. I understand why the flashbacks are there, characterization and explaining Eri's Quirk and whatnot, but it interrupted the flow unfortunately.

I agree too.I wanted to skip ahead just to be in the flow of the action
Jan 11, 2020 3:26 AM
Aug 2016
The last half was okay, I didn't like the music direction. For the final part, I felt like they ABSOLUTELY needed to add in extra scenes for the 100% full cowling since it was so short, but they just followed the manga which was only 1 chapter. This scene was so extendable, because Chisaki can literally regenerate.

I was thinking of so many scenarios of how they would execute this in my head and how EPIC this scene was going to be. For example, I was thinking they would show Deku kicking the air constantly to stay in the air and we would see/hear the air explosions every time he kicked the air, not literally just flying.

I woulda liked it if they exaggerated his 100% full cowling, kinda like how Dragonball does for every single one of the their transformations lol.

Not as climactic as Deku vs Muscular or Allmight vs OFA, and tbh, I think I liked the climax of Fatgum vs Rappa more.
Jan 11, 2020 3:26 AM
Dec 2016
That was probably the best episode of this season hands down. The fight was decided the moment Deku switched to "one for all full cowling 100%". That's way too much power for anyone to have. And I remember chisaki saying that a serum was possible so holding on to hope for Mirio. Anyway the he destroyed chisaki so bad that he'll suffer from PTSD of that last punch.
Jan 11, 2020 3:27 AM

Apr 2014
well worth the wait to finally see this fight animated and it was amazing though not gonna lie i was expecting the opening to start playing during the fight but was honestly surprised it didnt lol

but nonetheless i still loved every bit of it

with that said looking forward to the next ep and again beautiful ep
"one step at a time"
Jan 11, 2020 3:27 AM

Jul 2012
Old_School_Akira said:
Shadzzo said:

What you posted was a anime vs manga picture. So I did the same with a scene from season 1 . Same quality.
(:

The Animation is no different from the previous seasons

You should re watch them.

Again why are you comparing irrelevant parts? Compare All might vs nomu, deku vs todoroki, all might vs AfO, deku vs kacchan as they were the biggest fights of their seasons. Not this.
Jan 11, 2020 3:30 AM

Aug 2018
Ricool said:
Giintora said:

That definitely isn't Bones at their best in terms of animation, you know we're living in a world where Mob Psycho 100 exists, right ?

Uh, yeah? I never said it was a competition.
Jan 11, 2020 3:35 AM

May 2018
The flashbacks were REALLY out of place... It could have been better I agree. And that was the moment I looked up to the most since I read it... that was quite some time ago.
I am a little underwhelmed, but it was not bad!

►"The deeper the darkness the more dazzling the light shines." ◄
►"As you live you lose reasons and hope. But as you keep on going, you pick up new reasons and hope."◄
►"If I don’t stand up here… If I don’t reach higher here… When am I ever going to do it?"◄
Jan 11, 2020 3:36 AM
Dec 2019
Deku using 100% of his power is an interesting thing. Even though its only possible when Eri is touching him its still an interesting feature. We got to see all his power during this episode, he even changed the future! This might have just been a one time thing that can never/ will never be done again during the whole series. The whole episode was amazing because of all the small details as well, like the music playing when Deku catches Eri (i think that was you say run but voiced) and how they explain each side of the story during the fight at the perfect time. I think this could be the best episode of the season or maybe all the episode that have been released so far in the whole series
Jan 11, 2020 3:37 AM
Mar 2019
Giintora said:
Ricool said:

Uh, yeah? I never said it was a competition.

I know you didn't, but man, this fight isn't top tier Bones at all, there were like 5 cuts of around 10-15 seconds in the episode that looked really good, while a large part of the fight was just average in terms of animation

Having 12 build up episodes with lackluster animation for a fight that isn't on par with the other climatic fights of the series, at least animation-wise, is really disappointing, at least in my opinion
Jan 11, 2020 3:40 AM

Dec 2013
Good episode! I like the concept of Eri's quirk, but man is it busted haha

Favorite fights still are Deku vs. Muscular / vs. Kacchan in the last season though
Jan 11, 2020 3:42 AM

Mar 2019
For all the hype they were building up this episode sure as hell felt disappointing... I don't really know how to put it but it doesn't makes you emotional like some of the previous big fights in the series such as deku vs muscular does.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2020

464 by bubba460z »»
Apr 11, 4:28 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

158 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2020

233 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 8:50 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2020

225 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 8:27 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2020

128 by WolfWood37 »»
Mar 31, 9:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.