Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 7, 2020 9:24 AM

Oct 2016
I don't know why but I have a feeling that this is going to be disappointing.
And I hope I'm wrong but either way I am curios about this.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 7, 2020 9:26 AM

Dec 2018
The studio doesn’t seem to have produced anything that great but we can only wait and see if this will be any different.
Jan 7, 2020 9:31 AM

Oct 2016
Monochrosanity said:
The studio doesn’t seem to have produced anything that great but we can only wait and see if this will be any different.

Yeah maybe it's because I don't really trust this studio but only time will tell.
Jan 7, 2020 10:16 AM
Jul 2012
Looking at the picture, I get a bad feeling too. But who knows, it might become greater than the original anime. Probably difficult to do but, like you say, only time will tell whether it's bad or not. I'm looking forward to finding out.
When people tell me to stream anime on CR instead of downloading from fansub sites.

Jan 7, 2020 12:22 PM

May 2016
Maybe because you're one of the many who can't just sit back and see the good in things. You have to always see the bad and assume things aren't going to turn out good. Have faith and if it turns out to be a train wreck oh well you gave it a chance. Move on to the next possibility.
Jan 7, 2020 12:33 PM
Feb 2017
Cypress- said:
Maybe because you're one of the many who can't just sit back and see the good in things. You have to always see the bad and assume things aren't going to turn out good. Have faith and if it turns out to be a train wreck oh well you gave it a chance. Move on to the next possibility.

I had faith in MHA S4 but it’s been a disappointment because of the first few episodes, same with OPM 2 and that just sucked.
Jan 7, 2020 12:54 PM

Dec 2009
Cypress- said:

I'd rather be a surprised pessimist than a disappointed optimist.
Jan 7, 2020 1:19 PM

Nov 2015
Adion222 said:
Cypress- said:

you can be both, by having reasonable expectations.
Jan 7, 2020 2:42 PM

Oct 2016
Cypress- said:

You're wrong man I do have faith it's just that picture and the studio that gives me bad feelings but like I said I hope I'm wrong.
Jan 7, 2020 2:54 PM
Dec 2017
Lorizzuoso said:
Cypress- said:

You're wrong man I do have faith it's just that picture and the studio that gives me bad feelings but like I said I hope I'm wrong.

What's wrong with the picture?
Jan 7, 2020 4:08 PM

Feb 2018
Well, the original creator is involved, and Akio Watanabe is the character designer (I personally love his art style especially in the Monogatari series). The only possible red flag is the studio, but I'm approaching this with cautious optimism.
Jan 7, 2020 4:32 PM

Sep 2007
Adion222 said:
Cypress- said:

I've always said basically the same thing.
My Signature Is Signature.
Jan 7, 2020 8:34 PM
Nov 2019
I have a bad feeling for the disgusting thumbnail and the incompetent studio.
Jan 7, 2020 9:34 PM

Oct 2014
I wouldn't have that bad of a feeling about this, but seeing the recent trends in the anime industry, I just can't be but nervous.

The picture doesn't look that bad, it actually even reminds me of the PS graphics.
But the studio, haven't seen anything from them so can't really tell, tho the scores don't exactly raise hopes either.

I just hope they won't try to bite more than they can handle.
Please, don't try too much, just be natural.
Intelligent gets through situations which wise avoids.
Jan 7, 2020 9:38 PM
May 2016
Probably because it's gonna be animated by Studio Passione. We just have to pray that it's going to be a success and don't choke up midway production.
Jan 8, 2020 12:09 AM
Nov 2019
I dont care how will it turn out,just give me same voice actor for Satoko..♡

Jan 8, 2020 4:43 AM

Jan 2016
Because the original Higurashi was already bad but this is probably going to be worse.
The word elitist is stupid since it's just used by people who can't defend their favorite shows and use it on people who criticize their favorite shows.
Jan 8, 2020 4:54 AM
May 2019
The original is one of my all time favs and I really hope this is good
Jan 8, 2020 5:10 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
Lorizzuoso said:
I don't know why but I have a feeling that this is going to be disappointing.
And I hope I'm wrong but either way I am curios about this.

Don't worry, that's just the razor blades I hid in your dinner. ;)

Jan 8, 2020 6:15 AM
Mar 2019
Yeah I don't know about anyone else, but I thought the conclusion to the story was fine and should be left alone, but I'm still going to check it out.
Jan 8, 2020 7:07 AM
May 2018
I don't think this series is going to capture the same feeling as the original had, solely based on the studio's previous works.
Jan 8, 2020 8:02 AM

Jan 2015
Pretty much everything is terrible now. They only make new versions of things to sodomize our memories. They could have left this alone though. It better be ok or I am going to Japan and NIPAAAA those responsible to death.
Jan 8, 2020 9:57 AM

Aug 2012
Oh god the animation.
Jan 8, 2020 2:51 PM
Jun 2019
passione? MEEEEEEEEEH
Jan 8, 2020 8:30 PM

Jul 2013
The combination of the studio + the cover art gives me flashbacks of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira :((
Jan 9, 2020 5:30 AM
Jan 2008
Lorizzuoso said:
Cypress- said:

If I had to put my finger on what precisely is bothering me about both ‘the picture’ and ‘the timing’, it’s a combination of a few things:

•The image only contains one of the main characters, and it doesn’t suggest much - with its lack of “elements”
•It’s been a really long time since anything substantial came from this series, and I’m kinda wondering ‘what could they possibly be gearing for? Further arcs? A side story of sorts that only considers Raina? (...or whatever her name was, zzz - a ‘decade’ does this to you)
•Given how in-depth the Higurashi universe is [though, as far as I know, not as bad as the Fate franchise], will this be one of those, well, either a ‘spin off’, ‘obscure side-story’, or an abomination of ‘character-studies that elaborate on ‘pre-existing lore’’?

Above that: the overall lack of Fanfare makes me concerned that, whatever this is intending to be, will only appeal to a small, select audience. As someone who both ‘loved the heck out of the original Higurashi series (from 10 years ago)’ but ‘wasn’t someone who advanced from the anime series into the various alternate adaptations/mediums’, I’m almost certain that this has no intention of being a Follow-Up to my beloved anime series.

I think that this may actually turn out to be a really ‘high-quality anime-equivalent’ to, what can only be juxtaposed as, “an extremely-specific and well-crafted appeal to an obscure fetish”, metaphorically—that’s to say that, when the release-art is so ‘single-minded yet evidently-passionate’, it just feels like they’re gearing to the diehard fans - like a cult-following - who’d love nothing more than an adaptation to the narratives they’ve invested so, so, soooo much of their time “appreciating”...

...At least, that’s the feeling I’m getting when I consider A) the nature of the franchise... , B) the timing + the small studio (opportunism has been on the rise lately), C) the frontcover art’s simplicity and mono-dimensionalism, and D) how little sense all of these considerations make towards the last animated iteration of the series.

So yeah: whilst I’d love to see a genuine continuation or progression from where the show left off and what it, at its core, was, ... I seriously doubt it.
Having said that: Higurashi is a 10/10 for me, of which I only have a handful of 450+ series. IF... IF this is a genuine addition to the series, I’d even consider the possibility that I may just lay eggs in celebration [... as a male... I know what you thought].
Jan 9, 2020 9:45 AM

Nov 2014
I never liked any Higurashi title after the first season, so I don't care about this one either.
Jan 11, 2020 8:25 AM

Sep 2014
Atleast its not Pierrot I guess. Though Im looking forward to this. Also think about it this way, this isnt another seasonal OP MC Isekai show.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jan 13, 2020 2:36 PM
Jun 2015
Passionne has done the anime adaptation of Rokka no Yuusha. The plot may be not as dark as Higurashi but it's still pretty serious. After reading the first tome of rokka's light novel, I can swear there's nothing missing in the anime. I believe Ryukishi is doing the right choice by choosing a studio with small capacity but with some experimented staff like the guy who was director on spice and wolf.
Jan 15, 2020 1:14 AM

Feb 2010
In fact im really hyped, the character design is made by the one who's in charge of monogatari series and the producers done a lot of PA Works anime like Nagi no Asukara, eventho the studio itself is still questionable, maybe we can expect great artwork and animation from this.

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Jan 16, 2020 2:39 AM

Jul 2012
Trackneed said:
Passionne has done the anime adaptation of Rokka no Yuusha. The plot may be not as dark as Higurashi but it's still pretty serious. After reading the first tome of rokka's light novel, I can swear there's nothing missing in the anime. I believe Ryukishi is doing the right choice by choosing a studio with small capacity but with some experimented staff like the guy who was director on spice and wolf.

That's precisely my reason to get my hopes up on this one.

If the staff is the same as the one for Rokka, this will likely have the best adaptation Higurashi's visual novel never had (except for the novelization because that was more of a copy-and-paste job).
Jan 17, 2020 6:53 PM
Mar 2014
i struggled getting into higurashi / it took me several attempts over years to finish
then i heard about this re-boot or w/e and decided to binge all the other relevant seasons (2) and play the games

i probably wont watch this though
⁔⁀⁛(¬_¬ ) anyway
Jan 20, 2020 6:25 PM

Jul 2007
The teaser image is underwhelming and the currently ambiguity with no information besides it being a new "project" being available...yeah, it makes sense why y'all have a bad feeling. Hopefully this studio is as enthusiastic about their project as we have been over the years
Jan 25, 2020 12:42 AM
Jul 2016
I gave the original series a 10/10, but my anime cut-off point is a 8, so if this does worse, it won't even show up in my feed.
Mar 21, 2020 4:38 AM
Jan 2018
Infinite is involved with production
Mar 21, 2020 11:55 AM

Feb 2017
The only thing to worry about at all is censorship .... i mean yes, the TV version will be censored.
But the censorship to which i'm referring is one were they might scrap scenes all together because of being too much for nowdays TV.
Apr 28, 2020 2:03 AM

Apr 2017
Your heart is not in the wrong place. Anytime they remake something that honestly doesn't need to be remade, you get a bit worried.

I highly doubt it will capture what made the original special.
Awoo :3
Apr 28, 2020 10:00 PM

Sep 2013
BlancaXLobo said:
I never liked any Higurashi title after the first season, so I don't care about this one either.

I agree. The first season was glorious. Everything seemed to be firing on all cylinders.
Then came season 2. Some episodes were fine, others were simply terrible. Others were like a Scobie-Doo episode... a bad one! I couldn't force myself to watch any more... I did try.

Overall the plot of S2 was good, but the execution was unforgivable. Parts were just plain bad. So "cautious optimism" with a sense of dread here...
Apr 29, 2020 9:36 AM

Nov 2014
5Cats said:
BlancaXLobo said:

I agree. The first season was glorious. Everything seemed to be firing on all cylinders.
Then came season 2. Some episodes were fine, others were simply terrible. Others were like a Scobie-Doo episode... a bad one! I couldn't force myself to watch any more... I did try.

Overall the plot of S2 was good, but the execution was unforgivable. Parts were just plain bad. So "cautious optimism" with a sense of dread here...

When someone quotes a post you made so long ago that you don't even remenber you posted it xD
May 4, 2020 7:02 AM
Nov 2019
Looks like Passione are getting a reputation for taking on material that's going to have issues with censorship.

They did a pretty good job of adapting Inter-species reviewers and if the artwork is at the same level and they adapt the source material well it could be OK. Probably be stuck with the AT-X screenings to get all the details though.

couldn't be worse than season 2.

May 4, 2020 3:22 PM

Dec 2015
ArcFloof said:
Your heart is not in the wrong place. Anytime they remake something that honestly doesn't need to be remade, you get a bit worried.

I highly doubt it will capture what made the original special.

but the first adaptation wasn't even good, it didn't capture what made the VN special, it focused too much on the horror (that wasn't that crazy/bloody in the VN) and didn't focus on the characters and the mystery.
so i won't say it doesn't need a remake, i just hope it'll be a better adaptation (i don't think you can make a worse adaptation than the first anime lol, unless the rumors about it being different than the VN turns out to be true).
May 5, 2020 9:53 AM
Feb 2010
Looks awful. Better if they animate and remake the whole umineko anime and adapt Umineko Chiru
May 6, 2020 2:18 AM

Jul 2014
I think all of us should try to play the visual novel, and forget the first adaptation for the moment. (Tbh I started reading VN, because I wanted not to be bias and it's the blast, it's not your traditional VN, because there are not a lot of choices, if not at all).

I bet most of us haven't played/read the novels in their entirety.

I think in some aspects this adaptation could be more accurate, than the first one. Because in the novel there are quite a lot of light-hearted scenes.
But what's the point on being accurate if the scenes composition and the vibe will be off?

One thing I am not thrilled about is the director(let's be clear, let's not check out the studio, but the people working on main things). If Kawaguchi Keiichirou (Island, Hayate no Gotoku!, Kowarekake no Orgel and etc.) adores source material, I suppose it could work, but I'm not the biggest fan of the technical aspects of his work, as composition or storyboards go.

I feel that Naoki Hayashi could be saving grace, they worked under Black Fox and Citrus.

Yes, the first adaptation done by Studio Deen was not the most eye-catching, but at least people like Chiaki Kon (Juuni Kokuki, Makai ouji: Devils and Realists, Arcana Famiglia and etc) that makes even the generic otome look interesting enough.

I am hopeful, that this adaptation will be good edition to the franchise. And even if not, we are still getting Higurashi no naku koro ni merch in 2020, and that's cool, isn't? If adaptation is going to be popular enough, maybe we gonna get even manga re-released.
May 6, 2020 2:58 AM

Aug 2018
I'm not really worried about the studio as higurashi has never stood out to me visually. But it does look too "anime" to have the same impact as the original series. The director is also directing 3 series so close together (2 summer anime and 1 spring) so I don't think he can give higurashi his full attention and the script seems have only worked on a few mediocre/bad shows. But i'm still hopeful
_______I like rocks__
May 7, 2020 11:58 PM
Sep 2018
Hmmm The bad feeling is just probably a feeling of pessimism. Try to feel free to expect the worst, because that is where you are left vulnerable when watching anime. At least try it, because I know for sure it has a message that is nust for you and the rest of us!
May 7, 2020 11:58 PM
Sep 2018
*just. Jeez my typing is bad
May 8, 2020 12:34 AM

Jun 2019
It's just a supreme irony to me that Higurashi which was already phenomenal in every way in its original two season, 50 episode iteration or 51 counting the season one special (forget the OVAs and side stories; they are optional if you want some extra comfortable cushioning after the denouement and fanservice) is having what's really a wholly needless remake whereas Umineko which was widely acknowledged as a botched and rushed failure and flop in so many ways pretty much right out of the gate in 2009 is left to rot 11 years later.

Remake the one which actually needs to be remade. Not the one that was already an utter masterpiece in every respect from its precise and methodical building of atmosphere to its voice acting to what remains one of the best OSTs to this day.

Tsukumo_Yuuma said:
but the first adaptation wasn't even good, it didn't capture what made the VN special, it focused too much on the horror (that wasn't that crazy/bloody in the VN) and didn't focus on the characters and the mystery.
so i won't say it doesn't need a remake, i just hope it'll be a better adaptation (i don't think you can make a worse adaptation than the first anime lol, unless the rumors about it being different than the VN turns out to be true).

Frankly, that only matters to people comparing the show to the visual novel, whereas plenty of people haven't read the visual novel, don't intend to as they don't read visual novels generally or at all, and just want to judge the show for the show by its own merits as a distinct product. As a non-VN and non-manga reader typically, I don't really care how the VN or manga compares to the anime. I just want to watch the anime for the anime and judge it for itself.

And traditionally whether it's VNs or manga, modern young adult novels or classic literature, Japanese or Western, a common theme is that an overwhelming amount of people who've read the source material are never happy or satisfied with any adaptation because you can't compare the mediums. You can't compare the endless running time of a book of any variety and the emotions or images it allows you to conjure up in your limitless private space and imagination to any show or film.

So for a show like Higurashi it's only natural that the VN readers are going to be purists about the source material and the anime-only watchers are only going to care about the story the anime wants to tell, what the anime accomplished and made them feel. And I think that's fine.
WatchTillTandavaMay 8, 2020 1:11 PM
May 8, 2020 12:40 AM

Dec 2009
I've decided to play the visual novel instead over watching the anime so I can't say but... I bet the original is still best for the true depth of the story.
May 8, 2020 3:26 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
I finished all Higurashi last month.

Yea I have a bad feeling of what the community gonna say. The anime originally didn't have good art/animation but it deliver the story pretty well.

new remake is probably a combination of both season but different route
May 8, 2020 12:14 PM

Dec 2015
WatchTillTandava said:
It's just a supreme irony to me that Higurashi which was already phenomenal in every way in its original two season, 50 episode iteration or 51 counting the season one special (forget the OVAs and side stories; they are optional if you want some extra comfortable cushioning after the denouement and fanservice) is having what's really a wholly needless remake whereas Umineko which was widely acknowledged as a botched and rushed failure and flop in so many ways pretty much right out of the gate in 2009 is left to rot 11 years later.

Remake the one which actually needs to be remake. Not the one that was already an utter masterpiece in every respect from its precise and methodical building of atmosphere to its voice acting to what remains one of the best OSTs to this day.

Tsukumo_Yuuma said:

Frankly, that only matters to people comparing the show to the visual novel, whereas plenty of people haven't read the visual novel, don't intend to as they don't read visual novels generally or at all, and just want to judge the show for the show by its own merits as a distinct product. As a non-VN and non-manga reader typically, I don't really care how the VN or manga compares to the anime. I just want to watch the anime for the anime and judge it for itself.

And traditionally whether it's VNs or manga, modern young adult novels or classic literature, Japanese or Western, a common theme is that an overwhelming amount of people who've read the source material are never happy or satisfied with any adaptation because you can't compare the mediums. You can't compare the endless running time of a book of any variety and the emotions or images it allows you to conjure up in your limitless private space and imagination to any show or film.

So for a show like Higurashi it's only natural that the VN readers are going to be purists about the source material and the anime-only watchers are only going to care about the story the anime wants to tell, what the anime accomplished and made them feel. And I think that's fine.

I know lots of people like the old anime and didn't read the VN, but what if this new anime will be much more faithful to the original? it'll be far better than the old anime, the anime-only fans have nothing to lose lol (at least the VN fans and the anime fans will be happy), if it turns out to be a shit adaptation you can still watch the old anime anyway (but Ryukishi07 the original writer of the VN said on twitter that he's writing the script for the new anime so i have hope that it'll be better).
and tbh if you haven't played/read the VN you don't know if it needs a remake or not, right? because you think that's as good as it gets but don't know that it could be even better if it's adapted more faithfully.
+ i think if this anime is a success, they will remake Umineko next.
Tsukumo_YuumaMay 8, 2020 12:30 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2021

395 by Stinkyanimebrap »»
Mar 19, 9:57 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2021

314 by Drinzen »»
Feb 20, 2:59 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2021

323 by Drinzen »»
Feb 20, 1:42 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 14, 2021

317 by Drinzen »»
Feb 20, 1:11 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Jan 7, 2021

166 by Drinzen »»
Feb 17, 3:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.