Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Dec 16, 2019 2:41 PM
Jul 2019
I think it was very good show and I really liked the village arc a lot more than Senku and big-oaf toughing it out in the wild, although I do want Taiju and Yuzuriha to come back as I thought the characters was good but the part of the show they were in was okay.
9/10 overall
Dec 16, 2019 5:14 PM

Sep 2018
Mwahahahahha I really thought Chrome will confess!! I anticipate to hear "suki" word xD

Wahhhh T-----T the ending is so emotional!!!!!
I'm so excited for the season 2!!!! This show is really good, makes me appreciate Science more.
Dec 17, 2019 2:36 AM

Dec 2012
Best anime of the decade

Dec 17, 2019 4:01 AM

Mar 2008
Never would have thought to use glass and make a record. I would have just written something in writing which avoid risk of audio quality failure if there was any damage since it's easier to identify images than sounds i imagine.

Was touching a bit but feels anticlimactic of a place to end a season unless the second starts up early next year.
Dec 17, 2019 6:38 PM

Mar 2010
Guess my opnion is the opposite of most you guys, I enjoyed this anime more in the First Episodes and then it slowly became boring/repetitive and you MUST apply "anime logic" every now or then, cause half of shits happening doesnt make Sense or is bad explained

But oh well, good characters and a well-put comedy make It a 7/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 17, 2019 8:06 PM

Jul 2013
Good show. As the episodes progressed, it got better. Looking forward to season 2.
Dec 18, 2019 2:40 AM

Sep 2016
shoutout to dr stone was a sleeper anime def was worth my time im excited for the next chapter for senku and the gang
Facta Non Verba
Dec 18, 2019 3:08 AM

Mar 2011
Ahh what a fantastic series.

Of course the science goes over my head but to my understanding its fairly accurate.

It does still kind of bug me how 'op' senku is.

Like they literally had a team of scientists and they didn't really do anything. Sure they were like stranded on an island or something so they had no access to technology, but in their entire life time they couldn't like build a boat and actually go and access some real tech? Did they really have to resort to a grass bottle record.

I mean Senku has achieved all of this in the stoner world, makes them seem rather pathetic.

His faith in his son to revive and actually be able to do all that is rather crazy too but touching.

Maybe I'm just being stupid, if I am please explain~
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Dec 18, 2019 6:14 AM

Nov 2011
A bit touch and go in the first half but once they got rid of the annoying meathead guy, it got exceptionally better in the second half. It's a very unique and fresh approach to shounen, doesn't over rely on the usual tropes and uses the ones it has effectively, i'd definitely like to see Senku go through a bit more trials, but it approaches things in very clever ways. 8.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Dec 18, 2019 10:56 AM

Dec 2017
The first half had better quality in terms of animation. The second half blew me away with that backstory which I didn't not expect at all. It's a series that was equally emotional and hilarious and I'm glad to have picked it up. Senku is one of the few protagonists I've warmed up to in the past several years, but the overall cast of characters were pretty good. I knew I'd love Gen the moment he showed up in the opening.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 19, 2019 12:27 AM
Aug 2017
This episode was so good, next season is Stone wars bruh, they finna start throwing whole ass rock lmao
Dec 19, 2019 10:50 AM

Apr 2015
very cool episode
pumped up for s2
Dec 19, 2019 1:15 PM
May 2019
I am going to miss all these science stuff...
Dec 19, 2019 1:56 PM
Jun 2012
What the flying f..k was that ending? You're leaving a record to thousands of years later and it's just a stupdi song? Really? What the hell?
Dec 20, 2019 1:50 PM

May 2015
This was such a good and unique series. That last episode got quite emotional. Im really glad we're getting a second season so we can see more of this science.

Its a shame Taiju and Yuzuriha were not main characters and disapeared early on. But Yuzuriha looks REALLY good with that new look and hairstyle. Really hope we see more of them in season which we probably will since we had that part at the end. Cant wait for when Taiju and Senku meet again after so long. Also hope Taiju and Yuzuriha get together if they arent already. (I cant remember if Taiju confessed its been that long.)

Cant wait for season 2.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Dec 20, 2019 7:24 PM

Nov 2015
I remember hearing about this series quite awhile ago before the adaptation announcement. An upcoming manga currently popular in Jump. Hearing its synopsis, It's no wonder it got popular enough to get an adaptation. And not just that, a really good adaptation. Can't wait for s2!!

Katsura janai, Zura da

Dec 21, 2019 12:02 AM
Jan 2016
10/10 for first part of the anime, 8/10 for the second
Dec 21, 2019 2:13 AM
Oct 2016
Nurguburu said:
I'm going to watch s2 but the first 6 were so bad that hurts a lot. What a pity.

The rest? It's good or ok at least, SOL episodes were the best part in my opinion. I can have a better opinion for Dr Stone if they fix annoying and pointless stuff in s2.

5/10 for the anime.
There was no SOL in the show, what!??
Dec 21, 2019 2:16 AM
Oct 2016
BlindSniper said:
I'm just happy it's over. Absolutely garbage. Won't be here for Season 2... unsure why it's even here for season 2. It flopped.

2/10
Dab on the haters, so much hate
Yuuri0Dec 21, 2019 2:19 AM
Dec 21, 2019 6:16 PM

Aug 2009
It was awesome! Cant wait to see what happens next.
Dec 22, 2019 5:49 AM

Dec 2008
SO clever how they slide S.T.E.M. subjects into things now. ITs still relatively new, but its unmistakable...Like a japanese take of Bill Nye the Science Guy, this show really drew out its long and tediousness. Still, they balanced it with likeable characters, humor, engaging story and enough time to cover 24 episodes. YET THE SCIENCE WAS TOOOOOO DRAWN OUT...T.T OH well, I look forward to next season regardless lol. 8/10 for that singing, for restarting humanity with hot busty women, and good times lol PLUS That adorable little gal, Suika with the melon head mask on was the best mascot for the show. :P SCIENCE!
AnchientProphet2Dec 22, 2019 6:36 AM
Dec 22, 2019 11:18 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
I got into this anime very easily with early episodes, I do like Tsubasa, sure there are some dumb stuff, some quirks there, but you can say the same overall for the rest of the show.
It managed to keep the quality overtime but become even more intricate with the science, this was great for binge-watching, especially considering the sometimes slow pacing, as in, things seem to take too much time to develop, all the more if you are following weekly, which is why I stopped doing it.

Wasn't expecting Dr. Stone to pull up some punches in its second half, which it did, with that really interesting plot-twist.
From that point forward the cast already felt very solid and despite being goofy, it is just very enjoyable.
OP1 had some really nice sounds too.

My only complains would be, to have better animation (the art is outstanding thought), and finally, get some answers from what happened.

Really nice we already got an S2 announced.

8.6/10 = 9
PlaycoolDec 22, 2019 11:21 AM
Dec 23, 2019 7:51 AM

Jul 2014
Great anime, it had quality dumps here and there, but it was great nonetheless.

I anxiously will wait for season 2.
Dec 23, 2019 11:41 AM

Oct 2013
Another overrated Jump adaptation. It's becoming the norm.
Dec 24, 2019 12:38 AM

Jun 2019
dc22 said:

How is this overrated lol. It's mid eight over ten, seems fair to me.
Dec 24, 2019 2:04 AM

Mar 2015
Great stuff, looks like they're ready to face Tsukasa! Can't wait for the second season!!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Dec 24, 2019 6:56 PM
Jan 2014
phantomfandom said:
Even though this is comedy, it is built upon the greatest tragedy. Even though Senku's dad believes in his son, he'll never know for sure if his son can survive and continue the civilization. Wait, is it possible in some way that his dad is still alive? Like he turn himself into a rock?

His dad is Saskukukun from the Hillbilly Clan, the pirate king shinigami, master of the Bankai, living in the shinobi village Ketsu no Ana - Village Hidden in the Asshole. When they revive him from his stone form, he will use Kagebonshen Jonjotso to 1-shot kill the bad guys and make them espload and get all the bitches.

AllwyndDec 25, 2019 10:31 AM
Dec 24, 2019 7:27 PM
Jun 2017
Such a beautiful episode! Perfect to end this great anime... at least for now.

Hype for the next season!!
Dec 24, 2019 10:20 PM
Mar 2015
Beautiful music to inspire Senku to win the war
Dec 25, 2019 1:37 PM

Jun 2017
One of the my fav animes in 2019~ I love all the characters (esspecially my boy Senku) I am going to the miss this series, cant wait for S2. I have to check out manga.
Dec 26, 2019 7:42 AM

Oct 2013
Julianfoxy said:
dc22 said:

It's an ok show, should be nowhere near the upper tier of shows.
Dec 27, 2019 6:56 AM
Aug 2017
Just a thought but in first episode when petrification happen and everything stop then shouldn't the nuclear reactors of all around the world have exploded without human maintenance and everything around ten and thousand mile around it should have turned into dust so as stone statue so how come with 450 reactor on the planet didn't affected the planet ecosystem and so on like all the satellite around the earth should have collapsed and major point how come in those 3000 years this village does not expanded more than thousand people and why they are shown to live as stone age with their intelligence and crafting level they should have at least stone building and advancement of around 200 b.c its like they are living as shut in.

but story is kind of good
Dec 27, 2019 10:06 PM
Overthinker

Jun 2017
ozekrom said:
Just a thought but in first episode when petrification happen and everything stop then shouldn't the nuclear reactors of all around the world have exploded without human maintenance and everything around ten and thousand mile around it should have turned into dust so as stone statue so how come with 450 reactor on the planet didn't affected the planet ecosystem and so on like all the satellite around the earth should have collapsed and major point how come in those 3000 years this village does not expanded more than thousand people and why they are shown to live as stone age with their intelligence and crafting level they should have at least stone building and advancement of around 200 b.c its like they are living as shut in.

but story is kind of good

Some of this is addressed in the spin off manga actually.
Dec 28, 2019 10:55 AM

Mar 2014
It's a shame that the first season ended right before the Stone Wars begins. Very goood anime, an educative one with unique setting + shounen.
Dec 30, 2019 6:58 PM
Dec 2019
The anime would have been more and more exciting if Senkuu could invent the inventions more faster but it took forever to make the antibiotic and the phone. But still then it was worth waiting and the phone's finally invented plus the medicine too so the anime was worth watching and great too;-)
Dec 31, 2019 4:34 AM

Sep 2011
What a waste of potential. Instead of also showing the downsides of science and what Tsukasa was up to, they simply kept praising science and went for building stuff that quickly got repetitive. The best part of the show was the BGM. Most likely won't watch Season 2.
Dec 31, 2019 8:15 AM
Jul 2019
Bokukoredaisuki said:
The anime would have been more and more exciting if Senkuu could invent the inventions more faster but it took forever to make the antibiotic and the phone. But still then it was worth waiting and the phone's finally invented plus the medicine too so the anime was worth watching and great too;-)

It's a stone world with no resources available for him whenever he starts any of his projects. How is he going to invent anything fast ?

I think the show has been great whenever it comes to inventing things and served its purpose pretty well. The only poor parts of the show was any fighting sequences and the earlier episodes with Taiju around.
Dec 31, 2019 8:16 AM
Jul 2019
dc22 said:
Julianfoxy said:

It's ranked #100. Not sure where the "overrated" thing you're talking about is coming from.
Dec 31, 2019 1:24 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
el3mel said:
dc22 said:

It's ranked #100. Not sure where the "overrated" thing you're talking about is coming from.

I think he's talking about how Dr. Stone was in the Top 5 Airing Anime along with Vinland Saga or My Hero Academia Season 4.
Dec 31, 2019 2:29 PM
Jul 2019
AddaeAkono said:
el3mel said:

I think he's talking about how Dr. Stone was in the Top 5 Airing Anime along with Vinland Saga or My Hero Academia Season 4.

I don't find any problem with it. Of course it was one of the top and most popular airing anime back then.
Dec 31, 2019 10:01 PM
Dec 2019
el3mel said:
Bokukoredaisuki said:

It's a stone world with no resources available for him whenever he starts any of his projects. How is he going to invent anything fast ?

I think the show has been great whenever it comes to inventing things and served its purpose pretty well. The only poor parts of the show was any fighting sequences and the earlier episodes with Taiju around.
well you see around 6-13 episodes are occupied only by making the medicine and around 13-24 to make the phone and for that are we supposed to wait for a year for the war between senkuu and tsukasa
Dec 31, 2019 10:23 PM
Jul 2019
Bokukoredaisuki said:
el3mel said:

well you see around 6-13 episodes are occupied only by making the medicine and around 13-24 to make the phone and for that are we supposed to wait for a year for the war between senkuu and tsukasa

That feels realistic for me (even if the show in general isn't). If he could have managed to invent such big inventions that were only invented in history in a far more advanced world than what Senku is in, it would have made no sense.
Jan 1, 2020 12:36 AM

Jul 2014
Well that was exhilarating. Would definitely watch 2nd season

8/10
Jan 1, 2020 8:12 PM
Dec 2019
el3mel said:
Bokukoredaisuki said:

That feels realistic for me (even if the show in general isn't). If he could have managed to invent such big inventions that were only invented in history in a far more advanced world than what Senku is in, it would have made no sense.
Dude... Why are you so serious? Am here to give my opinion my feedback...And here you are complaining...LOL no hard feeling😀
Jan 1, 2020 10:52 PM
Jul 2019
Bokukoredaisuki said:
el3mel said:

Dude... Why are you so serious? Am here to give my opinion my feedback...And here you are complaining...LOL no hard feeling😀

I'm not serious. Just discussing your point with you that's all. Don't think I talked to you in any bad manner? Anyway, have a nice new year.
Jan 2, 2020 3:38 AM
Dec 2019
el3mel said:
Bokukoredaisuki said:

I'm not serious. Just discussing your point with you that's all. Don't think I talked to you in any bad manner? Anyway, have a nice new year.
Well whatever I don't think that you talked to me in any bad manner and it was fun too discussing about this anime. So same to you have a nice new year
Jan 2, 2020 9:12 PM

May 2012
Really lovely ending of this first arc, and with a direct second season confirmation this certainly will make it great!

The pacing and concept were great, really enjoyed the characters and the various problems they had to overcome!

Really looking forwards to see what the next season will offer!

But all in all a great watch!
Jan 3, 2020 11:20 AM

Sep 2019
I don't care if he can make a phone or not the real question is can he make condoms?
Jan 3, 2020 7:46 PM

Dec 2013
This was a nice way to end the first season. Even without any real progress with Tsukasa stuff.

I enjoyed the song :)
Jan 4, 2020 3:21 AM
Jan 2020
BlindSniper said:
I'm just happy it's over. Absolutely garbage. Won't be here for Season 2... unsure why it's even here for season 2. It flopped.

2/10
f*ck u man... It's not a garbage u should stop watching anime
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2019

150 by anshumankrsingh »»
Apr 7, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2019

196 by anshumankrsingh »»
Apr 6, 6:28 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2019

486 by Luban1 »»
Mar 18, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2019

161 by Matchappie »»
Mar 5, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2019

210 by Matchappie »»
Mar 4, 9:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.