Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 28, 2019 11:46 AM

Aug 2012
That Sinon entrance tho.
Dec 28, 2019 11:55 AM

Feb 2018
MrAwesome2018 said:
That Sinon entrance tho.

Like dayum son! I was so fu*king excited! And that character design tho :O
Dec 28, 2019 11:58 AM

Aug 2012
Kursei said:
Like dayum son! I was so fu*king excited! And that character design tho :O

But it sucks that we have to wait till april.
Dec 28, 2019 12:10 PM

Jan 2019
Uuuooooaaahhh! :O

It was ok.
Dec 28, 2019 12:12 PM

Feb 2015
Again, as always, SAO is a mixed bag. It does the finale of the 1st cour quite well, it was enjoyable. This season is with all things considered, quite good, but rife with problems. The question is how well the 2nd cour, the ending to this major arc, will be done. The initial underworld arc, and its two seasons were quite similar to this. The first cour was solid and the second was a nightmare, a problem I can easily see repeating itself as half the season being shit is a recurring theme in pretty much every season of SAO.

Anyways, I really don't fucking like SAO shoehorning in this unreasonable enemy (the Americans) and then resolving it with an asspulls. Being able to pull in the Americans with a bunch of pseudo-technological bullshit explanations was bad enough, unlocked super power dark territory accounts was bad enough, changing time dilation was bad enough, but now being able to spawn them wherever needed, having gobs of them ready and waiting (presumably for hours at a time since the bad guys magically fucking changed the time dilation), and then solving it by shoehorning in Japanese players, such as Sinon (at least she had a fantastic entrance), is just as bad. Especially when she, of course, has to have the ridiculous god account Asuna already got. SAO keeps raising the stakes and has to bullshit its way through conflicts since things keep ending up incredibly lopsided.

The finale was good, but with the all the problems it's already exhibiting, it's on extremely shaky ground. If past seasons of SAO are anything to go by, it's all going to come crumbling down horribly in the second cour. SAO always manages to have something very good, and fucking ruin it, be it the original Aincrad arc, the previous Alicization arc, or this.
Dec 28, 2019 12:33 PM

Jul 2016
Great episode, not a painful cliffhanger like last season. The art and animation is amazing as always. Alice captured, Asuna uses her power and Ishkan truce with the human empire army. And the last scene Sinon descends in underworld, liked the design of it. To the next episode

Dec 28, 2019 12:38 PM

May 2019
Wtf was that? An "american" SAO player, just as depicted in the episode, came from the anime to this forum too?
Dec 28, 2019 12:43 PM

Oct 2017
So tell me why's every single American players have been portrayed as some bloodthirsty beasts who wanna kill any human like creatures on sight?

Like I get you may want to kill monsters-like creature, but when those people gang up on Asuna , it is totally unreasonable at all under a normal people's perspective. (chop a pretty looking girl's arm off and slowly gang on it)

I call this another lazy writing to portray villains for the sake of it.

Also let's be real here, do those normal players really want to suffer from real life pain playing this game? Wouldn't one death alone scares most of them away if they're going to feel the exact pain like being chopped in half in real life? Seriously I wouldn't want to play a game that makes me feel the exact real life pain of being injured. Wouldn't the American forum made some posts about how they suffered extreme pain playing the game and scare people away from logging in?
Ventus_SDec 28, 2019 12:46 PM
Dec 28, 2019 12:49 PM

May 2019
The end of this season was not an end after all.

It is just the 12th episode from 24 of the complete arc.

It should be just one half year season, like the previous Alicization, but i understand the marketing strategy of cut it in 2 with a hiatus in the middle.

I can't rate this (half) season just now, it is not complete.

So, maybe will rate it witj just 4 points, and next season ill give the rest, since i am thinking in rate the whole arc around 8. Lol

Nobody thought it weird that the our dear braindead Kirito, once the MC of SAO, was completely absent in this last episode?
Dec 28, 2019 12:52 PM

Feb 2016
huge thanks for A1, it seems sacrificing nanatsu no taizi wasn't in vain...

This is The meaning of god level animation i absolutely loved it

With such eye catching animation, anime industry is still not in danger i can tell that

havent forgotten lizbeth speech as well..

Kja95Dec 28, 2019 2:03 PM
Dec 28, 2019 12:55 PM
Nov 2016
Okay so this is not the season finale.
On end of the next arc cycle that will be the season finale.
Let's make that clear.
I'm a bit disappointed to wait til April for the rest of it but I see why they did that.
Since I don't see any other shows that A-1 Pictures is doing they are really focusing all that animation and music and voice acting into this season.
With that..... OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS! I loved that she's here as well. We're taking on the US military industrial complex! BERNIE BERNIE! We got bare fisted fighters on our side and we're trying to save a lot of worlds here and the music and pace is absolute marvelous with how this franchise carries itself.
We are getting close to the next decade to see how this can play out in our reality and how we will conduct ourselves in this moment in time.
That visual for next arc is truly epic and let's get that grind time going.
Dec 28, 2019 12:58 PM

May 2019
Ventus_S said:

Also let's be real here, do those normal players really want to suffer from real life pain playing this game? Wouldn't one death alone scares most of them away if they're going to feel the exact pain like being chopped in half in real life? Seriously I wouldn't want to play a game that makes me feel the exact real life pain of being injured. Wouldn't the American forum made some posts about how they suffered extreme pain playing the game and scare people away from logging in?

Remember that same USA, made of mindless stupidy psycho "GTA players", IS the place where Kirito was willing to live just a few moments before the incident.

Anyway, the anime portrayed them so stupid that if the "real life pain" system burned their brain, well, they just become in the same state the was in begining. Lol

*URR DURR (engrish) TAKU DATU!! (/ingrishu)*
Rob7Dec 28, 2019 1:10 PM
Dec 28, 2019 1:17 PM

Apr 2017
Ventus_S said:
So tell me why's every single American players have been portrayed as some bloodthirsty beasts who wanna kill any human like creatures on sight?

Like I get you may want to kill monsters-like creature, but when those people gang up on Asuna , it is totally unreasonable at all under a normal people's perspective. (chop a pretty looking girl's arm off and slowly gang on it)

But only those who are linked through the STL (Soul Translator, the machine) suffer pain. The americans are only controlling those characters, at least that's what I understood. And for them it's just a game, it doesn't really matter if the enemies are human-like or creatures-like, I guess.
Light Novel readers feel free to correct me about the STL.
Dec 28, 2019 1:23 PM

Apr 2016
Damn, I loved that! I can't wait for the next part, hopefully everything will be animated to be awesome like it is in the novels.
Dec 28, 2019 1:29 PM

Jan 2009
Kaiser_Senpai said:
deg said:
for a final episode this is kinda weak in sakuga except the last scene when Sinon shows up

see you all in April

I mean, there was a good amount of sakuga, if u look at it there was barely still shots when they were fighting those soldiers, which is kinda good in a production not so healthy, unfortunately. Ye there was nothing out of this world but if we take each sakuga moment, it was a good amount. The best cut was obviously the Sinon one. (That guy throwing out the rock and the champion jump was pretty good as well.)
This wasn't really a final episode, besides the Sinon entrance and Gabriel taking Alice, it was a pretty common one, but they had to split cour here, and I'm glad they did, otherwise would become like the 1º season 2º part.

ye i agree there is good amount of sakuga this episode but i was waiting for a high caliber sakuga like the Sinon scene

and damn is this last episode lacking talented animation directors too the ones that should be correcting the drawings to not be off-model

also ye i mean the final episode of this MAL entry
Dec 28, 2019 1:35 PM

Apr 2017
deg said:
Kaiser_Senpai said:

I mean, there was a good amount of sakuga, if u look at it there was barely still shots when they were fighting those soldiers, which is kinda good in a production not so healthy, unfortunately. Ye there was nothing out of this world but if we take each sakuga moment, it was a good amount. The best cut was obviously the Sinon one. (That guy throwing out the rock and the champion jump was pretty good as well.)
This wasn't really a final episode, besides the Sinon entrance and Gabriel taking Alice, it was a pretty common one, but they had to split cour here, and I'm glad they did, otherwise would become like the 1º season 2º part.

ye i agree there is good amount of sakuga this episode but i was waiting for a high caliber sakuga like the Sinon scene

and damn is this last episode lacking talented animation directors too the ones that should be correcting the drawings to not be off-model

I mean, not even Ono directed/storyboarded this episode, u can see this wasn't really meant to be a split cour, that's probably why we didn't get the cavalry. But at least, Kanno is everywhere doing his best and giving us the best sakuga moments with a not so healthy production.
Let's hope he keeps on the production this often, and not like the first (when he was trying to save Karakuri's ass xD)
Dec 28, 2019 1:38 PM

Jan 2009
Kaiser_Senpai said:
deg said:

I mean, not even Ono directed/storyboarded this episode, u can see this wasn't really meant to be a split cour, that's probably why we didn't get the cavalry. But at least, Kanno is everywhere doing his best and giving us the best sakuga moments with a not so healthy production.
Let's hope he keeps on the production this often, and not like the first (when he was trying to save Karakuri's ass xD)

correct me if im wrong but isnt there usually just 1 ace/action/main animator anyway? its the same with Fire Force i heard with Miwa(?)
Dec 28, 2019 1:40 PM
Jun 2019
Darikan said:
Of course, all Americans are in love cutting limbs and seeing blood flow, that's extreme stereotype. Even the almost 100k players in Underworld are irrelevant for the Human Empire, Asuna can use their almost equal admin rights and although the time is the same to the real world, Sinon appears exactly where the Human Empire is in danger. So twice Deus Ex Machina just makes this episode boring and all this bloodshed is unnecessary. It's just my opinion. But in previous seasons or novels there was no Deus Ex Machina.

Well, for one thing asuna actually has a drawback, didn't you watch the episode... The american player in the anime/game can respawn while the Rath side converted accounts so they only have 1 chance. Asuna isn't even overpowered if you've seen Vecta before with the battle in the dark empire, he seems more OP... Sinon and Leafa gone to a Rath branch so its not impossible to say that they can atleast view how things are going on there.
Dec 28, 2019 1:44 PM
Dec 2018
rilo03 said:
Once again, the animations are god tier.

Looking forward for the next part, Spring 2020 will be a good season.

SFX too, I needed to rewatch the scene twice just for how well done it was...First thought was "dayum bruh, that's lit"😂
Dec 28, 2019 1:46 PM

Apr 2017
deg said:
Kaiser_Senpai said:

correct me if im wrong but isnt there usually just 1 ace/action/main animator anyway? its the same with Fire Force i heard with Miwa(?)

I mean, yea, usually one stands above the others, but SAO had other amazing animators (like Takeuchi) but now is Kanno who's carrying almost by himself, this season. While Miwa is the ace, there are others doing great stuff like Ookaji, Yuki Sato and so on, so it's not that hard carry by Miwa alone.
Dec 28, 2019 1:48 PM

Jan 2009
Kaiser_Senpai said:
deg said:

I mean, yea, usually one stands above the others, but SAO had other amazing animators (like Takeuchi) but now is Kanno who's carrying almost by himself, this season. While Miwa is the ace, there are others doing great stuff like Ookaji, Yuki Sato and so on, so it's not that hard carry by Miwa alone.

ah ok thanks for that info then
Dec 28, 2019 1:49 PM

Jun 2014
Holy shit Sinon's entrance was epic and badass.

Another season in the books, Alicization has been a crazy ride so far and I'm looking forward to seeing how it concludes next spring.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 28, 2019 1:54 PM

May 2015
What the actual fuck have I been watching. I feel like the writing has gone progressively worse, and the final two episodes introduce enough plotholes to make swiss cheese. Not to mention we finished in the middle of a bloody arc.

What was even the point in hooking up Asuna to an experimental Fluctlight machine when they could've used a normal dive device? Same goes for Suguha and Sinon.

Why would you let 10k people interfere with your mission when you're supposed to have the superior army, a high level commander avatar and a literal god.

Having servers, infrastructure and a satellite connection for 10k people on an artificial island in the middle of the ocean and setting it up in a few hours is a far stretch.

Where have those enemy dragons been all season long? They had dragons for border patrol in the first season but not for all-out war even though they are crazy strong?

Why make breaking the seal of the right eye such a big deal in the first season when apparently you can just dig out your right eye while being slightly mad, really shouldn't have put that in imo.

But the animations are pretty, 10/10
Have you finally noticed me, Towel-senpai?
Dec 28, 2019 1:58 PM

Oct 2018
This was an amazing and intense season, probably the best since S1!

9/10 overall, can't wait for April to see the 2nd cour. That should be even better!

I personally hope this season will reach 8 on MAL, it easily deserves it. And then this would be the only SAO season with a score of 8. Anyway, it is still the highest rated season even now
Dec 28, 2019 2:01 PM

Jan 2015
Wow through the entire episode, chills were running down my spine.
Cause it's the high time of winter here lmao.
"There's no pain absorber system in this simulation"
Next thing you know Asuna's losing an arm like that's the most natural thing to do.
The dark territory guy who smashed his eyeball was the most 'eye-catching' thing season. Overall if every episode was like this, minus the old cast and the Reki's style of every story needs a harem, War of Underworld would have been decent.
Your life to come is bound to make you smile
Dec 28, 2019 2:10 PM

Apr 2015
Oh my, what a way to end this! Battles everywhere and some really nice animated as well! Didn't think a deal would be made between the human empire and the dark terrirory soldiers to stop the other invading real life players.

That grand entrance of Sinon though, that was far superior than Asuna's entrance. That was honestly sick!

Can't wait for Spring to come!
Dec 28, 2019 2:23 PM
Jan 2016
Great episode!

Didn't expect Asuna to have her arm sliced away from the corpse, i am glad pugilist champion managed to save Asuna, seems he will be in our side for now, and i am glad cause of that, i liked him!

SO Asuna received reinforcement from real world, and surely, Sinon made quite an epic entrance with her outfit and bow skill, and i almost cried when Asuna hugged her!

Overall, it was another awesome season, and with an wondefull animation and art, and with that painfull cliffhanger for tthe next season, hopefully it will return at Spring season! And dont forgeting that OST's, specially that masterpiece ending from Lisa, too much perfect!

Btw, i am so affraid about pos ending scene :( !

Dec 28, 2019 2:37 PM

Feb 2013
Ventus_S said:

They don't know that they feel real pain and they just think all of that is a game. There's no VRMMORPG where you can have this level of violence, so they're just having fun there as only normal games with violence like the ones that exist in our world exists there. The americans aren't being portrayed as what you say, they are deceived thinking it's a game which is why everything happens.

RobertNSD said:
What the actual fuck have I been watching. I feel like the writing has gone progressively worse, and the final two episodes introduce enough plotholes to make swiss cheese. Not to mention we finished in the middle of a bloody arc.

What was even the point in hooking up Asuna to an experimental Fluctlight machine when they could've used a normal dive device? Same goes for Suguha and Sinon.

Why would you let 10k people interfere with your mission when you're supposed to have the superior army, a high level commander avatar and a literal god.

Having servers, infrastructure and a satellite connection for 10k people on an artificial island in the middle of the ocean and setting it up in a few hours is a far stretch.

Where have those enemy dragons been all season long? They had dragons for border patrol in the first season but not for all-out war even though they are crazy strong?

Why make breaking the seal of the right eye such a big deal in the first season when apparently you can just dig out your right eye while being slightly mad, really shouldn't have put that in imo.

The point is that Asuna was in Ocean Turtle and she could use a super account. Same for Suguha and Sinon which used their own in the Roppongi branch of Raft as there's 6 STL in both bases.

Because with 10k you can create a distraction and get more of the place along the dark territory. Rembember that they don't care about anything there, just to capture Alice and bring her to the console inside underworld to bring her fluctlight to a cluster and leave Raft. And there's no literal god, those are just super accounts. I don't even understand what's the doubt here.

No, it isn't. This is 2026. By your reasoning this story couldn't even exist because Project Alicization isn't something that could exist in reality. But it does, because it's in the future and the terms for how it exists are already established.

The seal of the right eye is just about huge pain. Ishkan removing his eye is no different than Eugeo and Alice having their eyes exploding, because both have the same effect: disrespecting a law imposed in that world. For Alice and Eugeo, the taboo index created by Quinella. For Ishkan, the order of the emperor.

[quote=Kaiser_Senpai message=58876990]
Ventus_S said:

StellarIceberg said:
Wow through the entire episode, chills were running down my spine.
Cause it's the high time of winter here lmao.
"There's no pain absorber system in this simulation"
Next thing you know Asuna's losing an arm like that's the most natural thing to do.
The dark territory guy who smashed his eyeball was the most 'eye-catching' thing season. Overall if every episode was like this, minus the old cast and the Reki's style of every story needs a harem, War of Underworld would have been decent.

It's as if she lost grip and was attacked. Yes, it was a bad representation in the anime but you feel pain.

Here's what is on the original:

“Take this!!” he roared, swinging his battle-ax down at her. Asuna rolled to the right, but she couldn’t get all the way free. The thick blade caught her left arm.

Chunk.

It severed her forearm below the elbow. The loose part flew into the air.

“…Aaah…!!”

Her vision flickered white. The breath caught in her throat. Her entire body seized up with pain.

Asuna bent over, clutching the arm that gushed blood like a geyser. Through a sudden rush of tears, she saw four or five shadows surrounding her, raising their weapons.

Suddenly, the head of the man with the battle-ax appeared to explode.

There were more dull impacts. Each of the soldiers trying to finish off Asuna split to pieces in turn, vanishing out of view.

“Heh…They’re all soft.”

Through her agony, Asuna managed to straighten up and see a hardy young man with bold features, hair red as fire, and darkened skin.

He’s from the Dark Territory!

For a moment, she forgot her pain and sucked in a breath. The color of his skin and the single leather belt on his upper half made it clear that this was one of the Dark Army’s pugilists. But why would one of Emperor Vecta’s own troops attack the red soldiers that Vecta had summoned? It was as if he’d just saved her life.

He had only one eye looking down at her. There was a grisly, bloody wound where his right eye had been, as though it had been gouged out. A dried trail of red-black blood ran down his cheek.

Yautja said:
Again, as always, SAO is a mixed bag. It does the finale of the 1st cour quite well, it was enjoyable. This season is with all things considered, quite good, but rife with problems. The question is how well the 2nd cour, the ending to this major arc, will be done. The initial underworld arc, and its two seasons were quite similar to this. The first cour was solid and the second was a nightmare, a problem I can easily see repeating itself as half the season being shit is a recurring theme in pretty much every season of SAO.

Anyways, I really don't fucking like SAO shoehorning in this unreasonable enemy (the Americans) and then resolving it with an asspulls. Being able to pull in the Americans with a bunch of pseudo-technological bullshit explanations was bad enough, unlocked super power dark territory accounts was bad enough, changing time dilation was bad enough, but now being able to spawn them wherever needed, having gobs of them ready and waiting (presumably for hours at a time since the bad guys magically fucking changed the time dilation), and then solving it by shoehorning in Japanese players, such as Sinon (at least she had a fantastic entrance), is just as bad. Especially when she, of course, has to have the ridiculous god account Asuna already got. SAO keeps raising the stakes and has to bullshit its way through conflicts since things keep ending up incredibly lopsided.

The finale was good, but with the all the problems it's already exhibiting, it's on extremely shaky ground. If past seasons of SAO are anything to go by, it's all going to come crumbling down horribly in the second cour. SAO always manages to have something very good, and fucking ruin it, be it the original Aincrad arc, the previous Alicization arc, or this.

I would explain all of your problems which aren't really problems nor assupulss but I doubt you're going to hear it. lol I'll just say that time dillatation can be changed because they are on a sub-control room inside raft with a hacker, americans entering Underworld is literally explained due to the simulation using the same property of every VRMMORPG game on the world which is the seed, Sinon entered Underworld via the STL of Roppongi base and she having a super account isn't going to raise the stakes as she's going to fight a powerful enemy on her level next season. And it goes and goes on..

Also, this and the previous season are all Alicization arc, much like the other one. They are just split cours for the entire Alicization arc, which there's no separation as war of the underworld is just one part of Alicization.
brzzcodeDec 28, 2019 2:49 PM
Dec 28, 2019 2:42 PM

Dec 2014
ok like was this the last episode...damn it gets better and better
Dec 28, 2019 2:45 PM

May 2016
Aww Shino non is back and here I thought it would end on her but after credits
that vile smirk was really creepy I wonder what he is planing...
Dec 28, 2019 2:49 PM

Sep 2015
RobertNSD said:

Many of these questions are easily solved if you will pay more attention to what you are seeing but one will answer you. Vector was losing the war so his secondary plan was to call a lot of people to do the dirty work, even having an avatar of a god is no match for all of the integrity knights.
Dec 28, 2019 3:36 PM

Dec 2015
Giving an 8/10. Barely. While the first two seasons were 7 because their first halves were and 2nd halves were 6 only (+ movie was only mediocre) the first part of Alicization (previous season) was pretty boring. Still slightly better than the 2nd halves of the first two seasons. But the last half in the tower was very bad.

Now here it was most of the time great. A bit more outside showing the characters and not only ingame. Nice ingame action and not too much moments with annoying chars. (Kirito and Alice together was boring. And Eugeo screaming in battles.)

Not so good was the last episode where they just decided to let the other chars join + some US beta tester. Also the insane antagonist. (But that's okay - I just laugh at those funny faces. :D) Acceptable and I can go with a 7.5 rounded up this time. Weaker than the first halves of seasons 1 and 2 - despite them having a lower score in my list cause there the 2nd halves lowerd the score.
Dec 28, 2019 3:37 PM

Oct 2010
9/10 for me. Just really fantastic in basically every way. Only thing that bothered me with typical Aniplex sub issues (mostly grammar mistakes) and the annoying Paka-checker ruining otherwise amazing action scenes
Dec 28, 2019 3:40 PM

Oct 2010
Nayout said:
RobertNSD said:

Many of these questions are easily solved if you will pay more attention to what you are seeing but one will answer you. Vector was losing the war so his secondary plan was to call a lot of people to do the dirty work, even having an avatar of a god is no match for all of the integrity knights.

This. Also using their old accounts the way they are, as they explained last episode, could cause the accounts to get lost forever. Not the ideal solution for people that basically live on those accounts
Dec 28, 2019 3:51 PM

Aug 2013
SAO without Kirito is a blessing. Even reading the LNs years back, it was enjoyable without his presence because you see the characters truly shine; glad to see they brought that about in the animation. From here, it's straight up action but I'm curious to see how they will approach the end of this arc. Till April 2020...7/10
Don't believe the hype.
Dec 28, 2019 4:34 PM

Nov 2016
IT WAS REALLY BAD, SAO IS SHITTTTT, IF YOU LIKE SAO YOUR OPINION DOESN'T MATTER REEEEEE.

Honestly, one of the best seasons of SAO for me. Secondary characters development, IN SAO!!!!! We had a whole season with almost no Kirito getting all the attention, I really loved the side characters, also best girls (Asuna and of course Alice) and best boy (Iskahn, o my god I love him, Im so glad he is still alive), the "story" well, it's all the season the same arc but it is definetly great, and oh boy the fights, a lot of the fights were unbalanced but they were the best of the best for this season. That said there was one episode that was meh (ye Im talking to you Liz) and that's the only bad thing I can find in this season.

Also the music 10/10 in my opinion.
9/10
Dec 28, 2019 4:39 PM

Dec 2015
Don't know what to say except my SAO main seasons ratings became quite curious now. Btw, 4/10
Dec 28, 2019 5:01 PM

Nov 2016
RobertNSD said:

I mean, can some kids that mainly use swords compare in physical strength to the strongest pugilist of the dark territory that uses mainly his fists to fight? As someone already replied to you, he was going to disobey Vector's law, and that's why he needed to take out his eye.
(I don't know if what I am going to say it's true at all)
Maybe they can't stop themselves from doing what Vector said to them because of the eye's law, that means that the eye can't explode like it happened to Asuna or Eugeo, but they can take their own eye to get rid of that rule.
Dec 28, 2019 5:07 PM
Jan 2017
What i can tell about this ep ? Awesome as always BUT like others in twitter idk why the crew insist in made Gabriel a like bastard raper crazy, that 'Sugou energy' NOT BELONG TO THIS GUY, Gabriel its coldblooded, almost not talk, never smile, really dont understand this feature. (btw ABEC NEVER drew Gabriel with that scary faces).

They changed alot of things (Asuna healing her arm its a way different, inner monologues of her, americans have blood, Sortliena recognize Sinon as godness Solus, Vassago write on a paper the ID and password of old SAO avatar to Critter made a convert account, Kirito crawling on the floor trying take the swords to fight)

And again we dont have a WOW cliffhanger, Vassago walking ? Yes its nice but dont make a great impact, sad :(

apart from that WoU part 1 it was fabulous for me.
Dec 28, 2019 5:09 PM
ザクシャ イン ラブ

Aug 2016
Sinon coming in in that last scene and obliterating those American players really had me hyped.
Dec 28, 2019 5:29 PM
Jun 2017
Ohh yeah, the human empire and dark teritory armies deal to fight those English speaking red armies. Hahaha..

And sinon appeared in this one. Cant wait for the next season
Dec 28, 2019 5:34 PM

Jan 2013
outside of some fights, building up the badguy, and Asuna showing up (and now Sinon to get us hooked for the next cour)....a good chunk of this season was really nothing happening.
Dec 28, 2019 5:37 PM

May 2019
Alice is all overrated and so, only because she:

- Was able to violate the law by steping in the Dark Territory - mostly by accident!

- Was able to broke the right eye seal by herself.

Great, that make her less important than the Green hair knight who, also by accident, violated the killing taboo by chopping his best pal in half!

And now is so important as Ishkar, who also broke the eye seal by himself and even screamed that he will be not manipulated.

There is not any reason to Alice be the ONLY special fluctolight person in that system.
Rob7Dec 28, 2019 5:43 PM
Dec 28, 2019 5:38 PM
Oct 2019
tsubasalover said:
Deleting some, but she's already in limit.

The enemy team, thinking they are not relevant anymore, decided to cooperate with them.

Alice got irritated and got ruthless, and got caught by the real enemy.

After hearing what would happen, he still decided to be on their side.

The one who went into the hole is awake in real world. He realized about Asuna is also in the world, and he decides to go back there.

Sawashiro-san's character enters.

"The Last Season" on April 2020, and next ep. (first ep. of next season) is "Underworld Taisen"

He realised kirito is in the world that's why he went back. He said something like "that's means that 'he' is there"
Dec 28, 2019 6:14 PM

Sep 2014
Not gonna lie I dont know how to feel about this final episode (and the prior one to). Up to this point it has been an epic battle. But now its just a mess with RL players getting thrown in but they arent even good apparently. And they are fighting against everyone too. Whats the point, was the dark empire out of forces? Didnt seem like it, otherwise there was no need for the diversion.

Punchy guy apparently also overcame the command seal so I guess there isnt a need for Alice anymore. Though he said he would still have to obey the emperor, he doesnt really know though, how would he. Punchy guy is not really a strong point of this show and reducing his screentime to be generic mob would be better. Its just so cringe. "Oh you strong enemy, must be friendly rivals now"

Before all this Alice actually felt special. Now... not so much.

I like Alice, its hard not to. She is the MC of this story. But she feels overrated.

The quality just overall dropped a little. Though best girl Sinons entrance was great. Wasnt expecting her to show up. I thought Kirito was going to wake up instead. (Not that it would fit this episode specifically, but I thought that would be the final)

I liked this season more than alicization, but in hindsight some things are a mixed bag. Alice is forced so much on us because she is the only MC for a large part of the story and both Quinella and Eugeo got wasted last season. Quinella was a better villain than these guys and I miss her.

Sword Art Online is at its best when it focuses on Kirito and Asuna. Yes Kirito OP yare yare daze. But Kiritos and Asunas relationship is what makes SAO so much better. But this part of the story was just so well adapted. The fights were great. Animation on point etc. But its just not the same when he is missing. SAO Progressive would be nice. Aincrad was still the best setting afterall with both the magic of a new world and actual stakes.

Anyway Im looking forward to the next season.

PS: Sinons entrance was spectacular though.
PPS: I really wanna rewatch SAO now.
Comander-07Dec 28, 2019 6:20 PM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Dec 28, 2019 6:16 PM

Dec 2015
This season was really bad. So many plot holes, convenient solutions to problems, annoying and poorly written characters, overly ambiguous and uninteresting antagonists, and tons of useless moments to fill time. This episode was particularly dumb. SAO should have stayed small with little personal conflicts in contained video games; they can't handle such large scale conflicts that requires multiple well-written characters and plotlines. Maybe the manga is better and I'll have to read SAO instead of watching it from now on, because that was just so lame. Fall was pretty bad for anime overall, honestly. So many shows with weak stories, lame endings, bad animation, and/or huge delays. At least there were a couple good ones that kept it interesting...unfortunately SAO wasn't one of them.
Dec 28, 2019 6:18 PM

Feb 2013
DedPanda said:
SAO without Kirito is a blessing. Even reading the LNs years back, it was enjoyable without his presence because you see the characters truly shine; glad to see they brought that about in the animation. From here, it's straight up action but I'm curious to see how they will approach the end of this arc. Till April 2020...7/10

Disagree. Kirito was with Eugeo in the first part of Alicization in the LN and we could see not only more of Kirito and his relation to that world, but from Eugeo and later on from Alice before reaching the second half of the arc with the war. But I do agree that Kirito being in coma is an interesting development for the arc as it gives more space to other characters and presents a new situation that we never saw before, even more because is the mc and even in mother rosario where he wasn't the protagonist (Asuna and Yuuki) were, he still appeared at least a bit but without being the focus. But here? He still appears but just in comatose after everything that happened.

Either way, it's basically Goku in some DB sagas where he's out for a good part of the arc before he come back at the very end. Basically what happened here with Kirito being the focus with Eugeo on the first part of Alicization while in the second part he isn't.
Dec 28, 2019 6:43 PM
Jan 2019
lezerman said:
The first season was so much better for me, I'm actually surprised people reaction to this one, I thought it was very lacking in comparison to the first one, but everyone seems to think the contrary.

That said, I do think the end of this season was in an uphill trajectory, can't wait for the next one.

this tbh, this season was kinda of wasted potencial on many parts, and the two deus ex machina were kinda bad too.
Dec 28, 2019 7:03 PM
Aug 2017
Hylianticipated said:
This season was really bad. So many plot holes, convenient solutions to problems, annoying and poorly written characters, overly ambiguous and uninteresting antagonists, and tons of useless moments to fill time. This episode was particularly dumb. SAO should have stayed small with little personal conflicts in contained video games; they can't handle such large scale conflicts that requires multiple well-written characters and plotlines. Maybe the manga is better and I'll have to read SAO instead of watching it from now on, because that was just so lame. Fall was pretty bad for anime overall, honestly. So many shows with weak stories, lame endings, bad animation, and/or huge delays. At least there were a couple good ones that kept it interesting...unfortunately SAO wasn't one of them.

And how so? Tell us specific problems rather than rave without reason.

Good lord, the irony that the fans can actually say actual reasons to like things, but haters only spew flat words with no backing or reason.
Dec 28, 2019 7:11 PM

Feb 2008
The only thing I dislike about Sword Art Online is the way it treats its secondary characters. I absolutely loved how they were handled during the very first season 7 years ago, but after that, they are just forgettable pixels and that really makes me mad, because I wouldn't mind a lot of episodes with character development, not just Kirito and his harem.

Of course, time and budget are two big constants in the SAO department. This last season just gives me more reasons to read the novel, and hope that there is some chara development there. And if there isn't, then the problem wasn't in the anime adaptation I guess.

Nonetheless, enjoyable 12 episodes, but VERY frigging rushed. Three episodes in and the Dark Knight leader was already dead, and he didn't even fight. A good character this season was the raging fire guy, although he could use a better voice actor. Great moments with Asuna and Alice and all of that Kirito harem.

I wanted it a lot more slow paced, but still liked it. 7/10
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2019

193 by RicFie »»
Apr 13, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Favorite SAO couple? [Spoilers]

Kazu-chan-san - Feb 17

7 by Zarutaku »»
Feb 17, 10:24 AM

» why do people like alice? ( 1 2 )

JoshMan - Oct 23, 2019

72 by DiamSilver »»
Feb 5, 10:18 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2019

160 by dilaxd »»
Jan 17, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2019

285 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Dec 17, 2023 11:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.