Forum Settings
Forums

Second Season of 'Enen no Shouboutai' Announced for Summer 2020

New
Dec 27, 2019 9:13 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The 24th and final episode of Enen no Shouboutai (Fire Force) ended with a second season announcement for the anime series on Saturday. Subtitled Ni no Shou, the new season will premiere in Summer 2020. The official website also revealed a teaser visual (pictured).

Synopsis
Spontaneous Human Combustion: a chaotic phenomenon that has plagued humanity for years, randomly transforming ordinary people into flaming, violent creatures known as Infernals. While Infernals make up the first-generation accounts of Human Combustion, the second and third generations became known as pyrokinetics—people gifted with the ability to manipulate and control their flames while remaining human. To combat the Infernal threat and discover the cause, the Tokyo Armed Forces, Fire Defense Agency, and Holy Church of Sol produced their answer: the Special Fire Force.

Young and eager third-generation pyrokinetic Shinra Kusakabe, nicknamed Devil's Footprints for his explosive ability to ignite his feet at will, becomes a member of the lively Special Fire Force Company 8. Upholding the brigade's duty to extinguish the blazing Infernals and lay their souls to rest, Shinra is determined to become a hero who will save the lives of those threatened by the flame terror.

However, this is not the hero's game Shinra imagined. The Fire Force is a fractured mess of feuding brigades, abnormal Infernal sightings are increasing all over Tokyo, and a shadowy group is claiming to have answers to the strange fire that caused the death of Shinra's family 12 years ago. Faced with many obstacles within and outside the Fire Force, Shinra fights to uncover the truth behind the burning mysteries that have kept him in the dark. [Written by MAL Rewrite]

Enen no Shouboutai adapts Atsushi Ookubo's action sci-fi manga, which began its serialization in Weekly Shounen Magazine in September 2015. Kodansha published the 21st volume on December 17.

The television anime by David Production premiered on July 6. Crunchyroll simulcast the show with subtitles, while Funimation streamed an English dub. The latter plans to ship the first 12 episodes on Blu-ray and DVD on March 31, 2020.

Kodansha Comics licensed the manga in English in 2016 and published the 17th volume on November 26. The 18th volume has a scheduled release date of April 21, 2020.

Enen no Shouboutai was nominated for the 41st Kodansha Manga Awards in the Shounen category in 2017.

Announcement CM

Source: Comic Natalie

Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou on MAL
VindstotJan 2, 2020 9:20 PM

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 27, 2019 9:16 AM

Jan 2009
oh shit time for best boy Charon to show up

disc sales does not matter anymore lol legal streaming profit is the new king
Dec 27, 2019 9:17 AM

Feb 2018
8 Pillars is coming. Already 3 appear on this season (Sho, Shinra, Haumea)
Dec 27, 2019 9:23 AM

Feb 2019
Fuck second season? But if this anime had been a complete failure in Japan, or did Crunchyroll also save it?
Dec 27, 2019 9:23 AM

Dec 2016
So glad this is happening.
Dec 27, 2019 9:24 AM
Feb 2014
Good news! I'm glad it's getting a sequel.

I will watch the first season after i start the new year watching Fruits Basket 2019!
My Shoujo, Josei and Female targeted anime adaptations starting from 2017+ stacks:

Part 1: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9181
Part 2: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9195
Part 3: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9225
Part 4: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9280
Dec 27, 2019 9:27 AM

Jan 2009
RayReynolds said:
Fuck second season? But if this anime had been a complete failure in Japan, or did Crunchyroll also save it?

Dr Stone also did poorly in Japan both in disc sales and manga sales but it got a second season due to international streaming profit

for MAL statistics if a season ends with a member total count of 250K-300K range it might guarantee an anime sequel thats my observation anyway
Dec 27, 2019 9:28 AM
Apr 2016
I knew it guys!

Làtom
Dec 27, 2019 9:33 AM

Nov 2013
RayReynolds said:
There was leak before the anime aired that it's gonna be 4 cour, I guess it was already planned
Dec 27, 2019 9:37 AM

Jan 2009
jejehartadi said:
RayReynolds said:
There was leak before the anime aired that it's gonna be 4 cour, I guess it was already planned

they can axed it midway though just like that original anime about tennis this season
Dec 27, 2019 9:43 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Glad to see they didn't cancel the remaining two cours.

Looking forward to this in the upcoming Summer season again!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 27, 2019 9:45 AM

Jan 2009
_MushiRock11_ said:
Glad to see they didn't cancel the remaining two cours.

Looking forward to this in the upcoming Summer season again!

how is Fire Force doing on China streaming sites? is it popular too there?
Dec 27, 2019 9:51 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
deg said:

It's doing fairly well here, currently within the top 25 in the animation ranking department for the past three days and at number 12 for the past week.

It's nearly 2 am here so I'm not expecting much changes to past three days rankings but I'm sure it'll enter the top 10 later today (8 am and so on perhaps).

Dec 27, 2019 9:53 AM

Jan 2009
_MushiRock11_ said:
deg said:

It's doing fairly well here, currently within the top 25 in the animation ranking department for the past three days and at number 12 for the past week.

thats nice since it certainly helps the sequel
Dec 27, 2019 10:02 AM

Feb 2019
jejehartadi said:

they can axed it midway though just like that original anime about tennis this season

It is also likely to reduce the budget, I would like to see how many people will continue to watched this show when the animation gets really bad like the fight of Meliodas Vs Escanor.
Dec 27, 2019 10:02 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
deg said:
thats nice since it certainly helps the sequel

Yeah, I'm sure it did.

Dec 27, 2019 10:19 AM

Jun 2013
Glad to hear this, really enjoying this series. David Production going crazy with this adaption.
Dec 27, 2019 10:35 AM

Feb 2014
Didn't watch this one while airing but had planned to binge it once it was finished, so I'm glad is getting a second season announcement so soon.
Dec 27, 2019 10:42 AM
May 2015
Welp, the leak about this series being 48 episodes was true after all. I'm happy that both Dr. Stone and Fire Force are getting 2nd seasons.

Dec 27, 2019 10:42 AM

Jun 2014
Expected. Looking forward to it, great series.
:3
Dec 27, 2019 10:46 AM

Jan 2009
RayReynolds said:

It is also likely to reduce the budget, I would like to see how many people will continue to watched this show when the animation gets really bad like the fight of Meliodas Vs Escanor.

i mean the production committee could have cancelled the second season altogether if it sold so poorly but streaming profit really helps the sequel of this one
Dec 27, 2019 10:47 AM

May 2012
let us hope that David production make jojo part 6 in 2020
Dec 27, 2019 11:15 AM

Jun 2014
I have some issues with this anime but I'd be a fucking liar if I didn't admit that it's entertaining af, plus the animation for the action scenes is consistently on point so I'm looking forward to it.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 27, 2019 11:45 AM
Aug 2019
deg said:
RayReynolds said:

Dr Stone also did poorly in Japan both in disc sales and manga sales but it got a second season due to international streaming profit

for MAL statistics if a season ends with a member total count of 250K-300K range it might guarantee an anime sequel thats my observation anyway

Dr. Stone did well in Japan, just look at the Weekly Shonen Jump rankings. Plus, without the support of the Japanese fanbase, it's extremely hard for anime to get second seasons because they are the primary consumers
Dec 27, 2019 11:51 AM

Jan 2009
Wharf said:
deg said:

Dr. Stone did well in Japan, just look at the Weekly Shonen Jump rankings. Plus, without the support of the Japanese fanbase, it's extremely hard for anime to get second seasons because they are the primary consumers

nope

Dr. Stone disc sales only 614 copies sold so far
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1812634

graph of the manga boost sales here https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1812026

the international profit is what made this sequel possible same for Dr Stone
Dec 27, 2019 11:53 AM
Jul 2018
With only six months between the two seasons, I would say that the second season was already planned since the beginning.

The first season bombed so I expect a nosedive in animation quality.
Dec 27, 2019 11:59 AM

Jan 2009
Wharf said:
deg said:

nope

graph of the manga boost sales here https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1812026

I wasn't talking about DVDs/discs though I was talking about WSJ rankings. There's this Crunchyroll megathread with weekly WSJ results. Check it out and you'll see what I'm talking about. Anime has exploded in popularity outside of Japan but the lions share of the revenue goes towards third-party licensing companies and the likes so the audience that truly matters are the Japanese. It would be impossible for a show to be continued just based on Western viewpoints alone if the Japanese didn't like the show

that is an old view of things though, international profit is big money maker now for the anime industry
Anime Industry Report Shows Continued Growth in Overseas Market
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-04-30/anime-industry-report-shows-continued-growth-in-overseas-market/.130302

and China is the biggest international streaming market thats why i asked the Chinese user in previous post of how its doing there and he said its part of the top 25 or even top 12 anime there this year

WSJ manga ranking is good and all but manga sales boost data is better and look at what i have provided there
Dec 27, 2019 12:08 PM

Jan 2009
Wharf said:
deg said:

that is an old view of things though, international profit is big money maker now for the anime industry
Anime Industry Report Shows Continued Growth in Overseas Market
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-04-30/anime-industry-report-shows-continued-growth-in-overseas-market/.130302

and China is the biggest international streaming market thats why i asked the Chinese user in previous post of how its doing there and he said its part of the top 25 or even top 12 anime there this year

WSJ manga ranking is good and all but manga sales boost data is better and look at what i have provided there

Please re-read my comments on this thead because I already acknowledged and addressed this point. The Japanese animators and producers don't see much of the increased revenue because the lion's share of the profits are taken by the licensors.

its been well known that when it comes to anime adaptations then the production committee will get more share of the profit and usually the anime studio are not part of that production committee they are mostly just hired contractors when it comes to anime adaptations

and also there is this thing called minimum guarantee fee

Digibro also completely ignores the fact that, while most Crunchyroll titles do pay "back-end" royalties based on how many people watch, the vast majority of the money they, or any other overseas distributor, contributes to the production is in the advance payment for the rights, also known as a "minimum guarantee." These can run from US$30,000 all the way up to US$200,000 PER EPISODE. Crunchyroll then builds in additional payments based on viewership, on top of that.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/answerman/2018-08-29/.136030[

an average 13-episode anime season costs around 250 million yen (or $2 million)
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2015-08-13/anime-insiders-share-how-much-producing-a-season-costs/.91536
thats like 150K-200K USD per episode

so the minimum guarantee alone makes a break-even profit already for the production committee
Dec 27, 2019 1:31 PM

Feb 2013
RayReynolds said:

Because BD sales are completely irrelevant for years. Streaming in and outside of JP in the asian market, and other venus of money are the thing that makes it.
Dec 27, 2019 1:34 PM

Feb 2013
Wharf said:
deg said:

nope

I wasn't talking about DVDs/discs though I was talking about WSJ rankings. There's this Crunchyroll megathread with weekly WSJ results. Check it out and you'll see what I'm talking about. Anime has exploded in popularity outside of Japan but the lions share of the revenue goes towards third-party licensing companies and the likes so the audience that truly matters are the Japanese. It would be impossible for a show to be continued just based on Western viewpoints alone if the Japanese didn't like the show

There's no such thing as WSJ rankings. The TOC from WSJ isn't about popularity, it's about positions that the editorial gives to their manga for promotional values. Which is extremely clear when Dr. Stone always is up there but many manga below it sell much more than it. Dr. Stone is high since before the anime because the editorial promotes it, much like they did for some years with Black Clover.
Dec 27, 2019 1:57 PM

Jan 2009
Wharf said:
Nemesis16 said:

There's no such thing as WSJ rankings. The TOC from WSJ isn't about popularity, it's about positions that the editorial gives to their manga for promotional values. Which is extremely clear when Dr. Stone always is up there but many manga below it sell much more than it. Dr. Stone is high since before the anime because the editorial promotes it, much like they did for some years with Black Clover.

Of course WSJ rankings exist. And it is contingent on sales and popularity in Japan. If that was the case, Dr.Stone would be placed even higher.

well you cannot see any actual numbers on WSJ TOC/rankings anyway
Dec 27, 2019 2:21 PM

Feb 2013
Wharf said:
Nemesis16 said:

Of course WSJ rankings exist. And it is contingent on sales and popularity in Japan. If that was the case, Dr.Stone would be placed even higher.

No, they don't. What exists is the TOC (Table of Contents), there's no ranking there. It's a bunch of manga put on different positions every week by the editorial from a promotional perspective. Dr. Stone is always high and it sells much less than Black Clover, Jujutsu Kaisen and many other series. Same is true for other series that are high but sell less than others. Because it's not about popularity, it's about the editorial promoting that series in the week with the series appearing first than others.

Popularity in Japan you will see from the sales of tankobon volumes, not via the TOC. In the toc you only look at it to see which series will get cancelled as newbies are more dependent on the TOC, if a series stopped being promoted by the editorial, which series are more promoted, etc. Not about popularity per se and definitely it isn't a point to show how popular a series is, even more when many series that appears high sell less than many others.
Dec 27, 2019 2:27 PM
Jul 2019
Can't wait for the second season. I really like the creepy aesthetic with characters like dr. Giovanni. It makes it stand out from other shonen in that regard.
Dec 27, 2019 2:51 PM
Oct 2016
excited to see these next arcs animated with how well a production David Pro gave this. it may have flaws but i think the positives outweigh that. cast is fun imo
Dec 27, 2019 3:28 PM
Apr 2016
With great pity and discontent awash am I
deg said:

disc sales does not matter anymore lol legal streaming profit is the new king

Everyone can clearly see that the more sophisticated viewer base does not encourage such second-and-half rate stories anymore. Thus it comes to the westerners to protect this series' future... and to damage the industry.
Re:formed
Dec 27, 2019 4:10 PM

Aug 2016
I just hope it covers what it can and doesn't try and do an anime only ending.
Can't wait to see some awesome Captain Obi moments if it does.

Also all this hate is odd, there are worse shounen and it's not like this series has a rabid annoying fanbase like a lot of other shounen.
There's only one reason I can think of: JoJo fanboys are upset David Productions deem to make this right now, instead of part 6.
JokerVenturaDec 28, 2019 8:51 AM
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Dec 27, 2019 6:07 PM

Dec 2018
no, bye and never come back.

RayReynolds said:

Because BD sales are completely irrelevant for years. Streaming in and outside of JP in the asian market, and other venus of money are the thing that makes it.

in that case, why tear studios went bankrupt?
Fede_5000Dec 27, 2019 6:11 PM
Dec 27, 2019 8:34 PM

Sep 2017
The people saying it's all about online streaming revenue now couldn't be any more wrong. It did work for Dr. stone not all anime will cut through and get 2 season just because it did good via streaming only reason Davidpro is doing S2 because it's in there contract for animating this garbage for 4 cours i bet they are regreting this decision.
Dec 27, 2019 9:56 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Fantastic news. I've loved Fire Force so far, and I can't wait to see more.
Dec 27, 2019 10:08 PM

Oct 2010
This is one of the best sakuga fest of the season. Sure its trope-city but fun enough to watch.
Dec 28, 2019 12:05 AM

Oct 2014
Good. This show was great. Action was top notch.

Still can't figure out the hate for it, unless it's all just because of the fanservice...

I guess there's room to criticize the plot being a simple darker shonen with mysterybox elements... but even then, it wasn't even worse than half the things this season.
Dec 28, 2019 3:37 AM
Sep 2014
I don't know who is hating on this anime or why, but I honestly rate it a 10/10, which is pretty rare for me.

Really hope they do the second season as great as this one.
Dec 28, 2019 6:12 AM

Dec 2016
Another anime that I watched this season getting a sequel, very nice!
Dec 28, 2019 8:40 AM

Apr 2016
It’s an ok series from my point of view, so I’ll watch the second season.
Dec 28, 2019 7:33 PM

Aug 2015
Eh, looks like I really need to get back in to anime again in 2020.. I lost track of anime this year execpt for a few..

I did remember I've read the manga a little.. with the 2nd season in store, maybe I should just watch the anime first.. XD

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
Jan 4, 2020 4:36 AM

Dec 2018
My body is ready.
This show is incredible and I can’t wait for this season. I hope it’s animation is just as good as the first season.

Jan 4, 2020 9:31 AM
Jul 2018
I was really hoping this would be continued, hopefully it gets the same love and effort put into it as S1.
Jan 23, 2020 9:39 PM

Jul 2019
I really enjoyed the first season, let the next one come!
Apaixonado por jogos e animes.
Jan 24, 2020 2:38 PM

Aug 2019
all we want is stone ocean anime
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» 'Yuru Camp△' Season 3 Announces Additional Cast

Nioxys - 5 hours ago

6 by RobertBobert »»
25 minutes ago

» 'Dungeon Meshi' Second Cour Reveals Additional Cast, Theme Songs, Third Promo

DatRandomDude - 9 hours ago

4 by RobertBobert »»
3 hours ago

» 'Kusuriya no Hitorigoto' Second Season Announced

Nioxys - Mar 23

18 by Adnash »»
10 hours ago

» 'Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest' Unveils Main Staff, Summer 2024 Premiere

Vindstot - Mar 11

25 by Juventinoaymen »»
10 hours ago

» 'Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf' Reveals Additional Cast, Staff, Third Promo

DatRandomDude - Mar 21

19 by HloFrndz »»
Today, 3:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.