Forum Settings
Forums

New Season of 'World Trigger' TV Anime Announced

New
Dec 20, 2019 8:40 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
A new anime season for Daisuke Ashihara's World Trigger manga was announced at Jump Festa 2020 on Saturday. Toei Animation is returning to produce the new season, which will be broadcast on TV Asahi.

Tomo Muranaka, Yuki Kaji, Nao Tamura, Yuuichi Nakamura, and Nobunaga Shimazaki are reprising their character roles as Yuuma Kuga, Osamu Mikumo, Chika Amatori, Yuuichi Jin, and Hyuse, respectively.

Synopsis
When a gate to another world suddenly opens on Earth, Mikado City is invaded by strange creatures known as "Neighbors," malicious beings impervious to traditional weaponry. In response to their arrival, an organization called the Border Defense Agency has been established to combat the Neighbor menace through special weapons called "Triggers." Even though several years have passed after the gate first opened, Neighbors are still a threat and members of Border remain on guard to ensure the safety of the planet.

Despite this delicate situation, members-in-training, such as Osamu Mikumo, are not permitted to use their Triggers outside of headquarters. But when the mysterious new student in his class is dragged into a forbidden area by bullies, they are attacked by Neighbors, and Osamu has no choice but to do what he believes is right. Much to his surprise, however, the transfer student Yuuma Kuga makes short work of the aliens, revealing that he is a humanoid Neighbor in disguise. [Written by MAL Rewrite]

Ashihara began drawing the sci-fi battle action manga in Weekly Shounen Jump in February 2013. The manga returned from a nearly two-year hiatus in October 2018 and switched to the monthly Jump SQ. magazine on December 4 that year. Shueisha published the 21th volume on December 4.

Toei Animation adapted the manga into a television anime that began airing in Fall 2014. The anime was originally listed for 50 episodes, but was later extended to 73 episodes. Toei subsequently produced an English dub with Canada-based company Ocean Production in July 2015.

VIZ Media licensed the manga in English in 2014 and now simulpublishes the manga through their new Shounen Jump platform. The 19th volume went on sale on October 1.

Announcement

Official site: http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/wt/
Official Twitter: @Anime_W_Trigger
Manga official site: http://worldtrigger.info/

Source: Moca News

World Trigger 2 on MAL
Sakana-sanDec 22, 2019 3:18 PM

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 20, 2019 8:43 PM

May 2015
I was gonna watch this soon
now will wait till the airing season is announced

Best Shitty Reviews
“Like is like a blank canvas you paint it with whatever you want (colors,blood,sweat,shit etc)”
Current Season rec : Layton Mystery Tanteisha: Katri no Nazotoki File
I am an anime OST Maniac and they play a huge role in my rating for a anime.
interested ?
click the GIF>>>>>
Dec 20, 2019 8:47 PM

Nov 2007
All the old titles are coming back one after the other. This has been pretty good time for anime fans between the late 90s and early 2010s!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 20, 2019 8:50 PM

Jun 2015
BOOOO! TOEI animation you suck! Give the rights to someone who cares! I was so disappointed then they gave the first season an anime original ending/arc. I also have doubts about whether there's even enough source material for a second season. It might be a 12 episode season.
Read Toriko!
Dec 20, 2019 8:51 PM

Nov 2007
Dec 20, 2019 8:52 PM

Jul 2016
Hyped. The next arc is very good and new characters, I'm excited for.I hope its seasonal tho

Dec 20, 2019 8:55 PM

Feb 2013
phantom346 said:
BOOOO! TOEI animation you suck! Give the rights to someone who cares! I was so disappointed then they gave the first season an anime original ending/arc. I also have doubts about whether there's even enough source material for a second season. It might be a 12 episode season.

You clearly really saw many productions of Toei in the last years to talk like that. Watch some things they did after 2015 and you will see how much better they are after the disaster of the pre-production of DBS with the majority of their anime doing good since then and having impressive results like OP Stampede, DBS Broly, Hugtto Precure and other things.

Also, there's nothing to do with "cares". Everyone cares. Toei and all studios have those kind of problems due to schedule, not for caring or not, or putting more or less effort.
Dec 20, 2019 9:39 PM
Jul 2013
Nemesis16 said:
phantom346 said:

You clearly really saw many productions of Toei in the last years to talk like that. Watch some things they did after 2015 and you will see how much better they are after the disaster of the pre-production of DBS with the majority of their anime doing good since then and having impressive results like OP Stampede, DBS Broly, Hugtto Precure and other things.

Also, there's nothing to do with "cares". Everyone cares. Toei and all studios have those kind of problems due to schedule, not for caring or not, or putting more or less effort.
im sorry
but did u just mention one piece while trying to defend toei animation ?
i know you mentioned the movie but still,
that's disrespectful to one piece to say the least
many people hate one piece because of how slow paced the anime is and many others switched to the manga because of toei animation all the while cursing the anime
Dec 20, 2019 9:43 PM

Mar 2012
Calling @Botato @jizzyhitler @Ckan @ReaperCreeper
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Dec 20, 2019 9:55 PM

Jan 2011
Wonder how many eps it'll be. Toei seemed to be pushing for a long runner before the hiatus, so maybe they'll try to go the Hero Academia route of one or two cours a year. Although the story doesn't really lend itself well to that kind of thing.
Dec 20, 2019 9:58 PM

Feb 2013
Kintarovirusx said:
Nemesis16 said:

im sorry
but did u just mention one piece while trying to defend toei animation ?
i know you mentioned the movie but still,
that's disrespectful to one piece to say the least
many people hate one piece because of how slow paced the anime is and many others switched to the manga because of toei animation all the while cursing the anime

None of that has to do with Toei Animation but Fuji TV which is the TV station and the one funding the anime.
Dec 20, 2019 10:34 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
So excited!!! Honestly didn't think there would be a continuation, but what a lovely surprise~ I hope it'll be better quality this time around, but lol, I doubt it. I'd appreciate it at the very least if they don't do anymore weird long pauses or...the infamous 30 seconds of shouting/yelling at each other reused frames scene. Still, I know I'll enjoy it because I like the story, the characters, and the VAs. Okay but still a little salty that this could've been more known if better quality
Dec 20, 2019 11:13 PM

Mar 2011
Even this pile of garbage can get sequel, but Bleach can't get a deserved final season.
Dec 20, 2019 11:13 PM
Oct 2015
What an announcement to wake up to, its a happy happy day.

Even though toei scuffed it last time in terms of animation, they gradually improved as time passed. Hopefully, this time WT gets the attention it deserves
Dec 20, 2019 11:51 PM

Feb 2009
Kingdom and World Trigger, next year is gonna be good.
Dec 21, 2019 12:12 AM
Apr 2016
At least some good news before the Advent.
Re:formed
Dec 21, 2019 12:55 AM

Jun 2014
Lowkey almost gave up hope on this ever coming back, at least anytime soon lol. The first season wasn't super great but it was still enjoyable so I'm looking forward to this.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 21, 2019 2:49 AM

Mar 2018
Yessss!!! Finally
Dec 21, 2019 4:08 AM

Jun 2014
>Toei
Yeah, I'll just read the manga instead.
:3
Dec 21, 2019 4:39 AM

May 2012
https://youtu.be/FX7p7CKhI3o

I hope toei focus on the new Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibōken remake instead of this trash

Dec 21, 2019 4:47 AM

Oct 2011
after manga hiatus and 50 eps of world trigger I thought this was the end

HYPE IS REAL

also we finally get to watch more of best boy amo

"When the time is yours,
the future is waiting,
The person you become,
and the people you're creating.
"
Dec 21, 2019 5:26 AM
Playing Violet

Jun 2017
YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (You people probably don't have any ideas how happy this makes me, LOVED the first season SO MUCH, seriously one of my fave shounen series to date!!X3XD)
Dec 21, 2019 5:49 AM
Nov 2012
This has me sooo excited, l knew that the manga came off of hiatus and literally today l was thinking of reading it and now season 2 has been announced, l can't wait l really enjoyed this and was sad it ended
Dec 21, 2019 5:50 AM

Sep 2011
ReaperCreeper said:
Wonder how many eps it'll be. Toei seemed to be pushing for a long runner before the hiatus, so maybe they'll try to go the Hero Academia route of one or two cours a year. Although the story doesn't really lend itself well to that kind of thing.
also with how much content is made per year, there isnt actually much that will build up every year to keep up with it.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 21, 2019 6:25 AM

Dec 2018
the previous anime was so bad that I leave the manga in oblivion I don't understand why trying to revive it with a remake or continuation when nobody cares anymore.
Dec 21, 2019 6:40 AM

Feb 2013
Yes, fam!!!

> sees it still Toei

No, fam.
Dec 21, 2019 7:13 AM
Nov 2019
Yes at last I have been waiting for so long
Dec 21, 2019 7:25 AM

Aug 2015
Icebreaker93 said:
Even this pile of garbage can get sequel, but Bleach can't get a deserved final season.

Blame Black Clover and Boruto anime not World Trigger
Dec 21, 2019 7:26 AM

Aug 2015
I hope it will be a seasonal this time otherwise it would be Black Clover all over again.
Season 1 while good suffered for being a long runner
Dec 21, 2019 9:43 AM

Nov 2013
I have come in response to your summons-..

> WT 2

Go on

> Toei again
Dammit
Dec 21, 2019 10:24 AM

Jun 2015
Fede_5000 said:
the previous anime was so bad that I leave the manga in oblivion I don't understand why trying to revive it with a remake or continuation when nobody cares anymore.

Maybe because even if the manga got a 2 year hiatus, switched to a new magazine with monthly schedule, the volumes are still selling pretty damn good?
Dec 21, 2019 12:33 PM
May 2015
Finnaly... great news!!
Dec 21, 2019 1:06 PM

Sep 2013
Icebreaker93 said:

Wasn't Bleach gone downwards after the Arrancar arc? The Fullbring arc is nonsense/ridiculous to me so i'm not following the series after that. Similar to what happen with Shokugeki no Souma because after around chapter 287 i stop reading the manga and my opinion was correct because it seems getting ridiculous after their final battle with the Elite 10 and the author/publisher decide to end it there.
"... Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled."
Dec 21, 2019 3:55 PM

Mar 2015
Icebreaker93 said:

this pile of garbage still sales, and has better tv ratings, while bleach didn't. you don't need rocked science to understand that.
JizzyHitler said:
ReaperCreeper said:
also with how much content is made per year, there isnt actually much that will build up every year to keep up with it.

they have done this with kindaichi, (author went sick, then shift to monthly) and they do went seasonal.

also for Toei moaning, they get better last 2 year, mainly because they now get lot of new sponsor (and better managed oversea animator).
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Dec 21, 2019 5:03 PM

Jan 2011
JizzyHitler said:
ReaperCreeper said:
A single ranking battle every year!
Dec 21, 2019 5:46 PM

Sep 2011
Kuma said:
Icebreaker93 said:

this pile of garbage still sales, and has better tv ratings, while bleach didn't. you don't need rocked science to understand that.
JizzyHitler said:

they have done this with kindaichi, (author went sick, then shift to monthly) and they do went seasonal.

also for Toei moaning, they get better last 2 year, mainly because they now get lot of new sponsor (and better managed oversea animator).
ignoring the filler arc, the first world trigger season didnt even look that bad after the invasion arc.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 22, 2019 5:52 AM

Mar 2008
Dec 22, 2019 8:27 AM
Aug 2012
YES LET'S GOOOOOOOOOO

I LOVE WT the more I watched the show. Started slow but got BETTER AND BETTER. The potential to be a masterpiece is there. Glad it's coming back.
Dec 22, 2019 10:16 AM

Oct 2010
So many people implored me to not watch the original. It did seem rather slow at first. Maybe my interest will come back now.
Dec 23, 2019 9:43 AM

Aug 2015
It's such a bad series and somehow it got another season whereas devil is a partimer never got any
Dec 24, 2019 5:33 PM
Jun 2019
I can’t wait to watch the new season of world trigger! I can’t wait!
Dec 24, 2019 10:16 PM
Jul 2017
First season was cheap af. "24 minutes" = 19 minutes, ty worthless recap and middle of the episode OP, besides animation composed of sliding. They didn't focus on fights. Close to 2020, repeat time?

Dare be a long runner, otherwise become a small bathroom break.
On another note, Everybody, the fighting and fun systems are back: HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE
Dec 25, 2019 2:39 PM

Feb 2015
Can't wait for season 2!!! I really liked S1
∠( ᐛ 」∠)_
Jan 3, 2020 12:42 AM
Nov 2019
WT S2? Is this actually happening?! YESSSSSSSSS
I mean yeah toei sucks but WT MAN! WT!
Jan 5, 2020 1:19 AM
May 2018
FOR REAL?? AM I DREAMING?? YESSS!!! Ive been waiting this for ages frfr!!!
Jan 28, 2020 12:49 AM

Oct 2014
Toei aside, finally a good battle shounen gets a sequel, those are almost nonexistent nowadays.
Feb 26, 2020 7:44 AM
Mar 13, 2020 8:21 AM

Mar 2020
At last.... It's happening
Apr 13, 2020 2:38 PM
Sep 2019
Yes! Finally! It's been a long time since I saw the whole season but WT was good. I don't get why people are saying it doesn't deserve a second season. They might not have an international fanbase but manga sales are pretty good and the fights are always interesting. There's no fan service, no harem, no romance, just pure shonen. Is that what makes this shit? I just can't get people who know nothing but to complain. Well! I still am looking forward to WT
Jun 1, 2020 1:53 PM
Oct 2018
Do we know when the new season will air?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - 6 hours ago

12 by Hoppy »»
29 minutes ago

» Light Novel 'Saikyou no Shienshoku "Wajutsushi" de Aru Ore wa Sekai Saikyou Clan wo Shitagaeru' Gets TV Anime in Fall 2024

Vindstot - Apr 21

8 by modcarparking »»
6 hours ago

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

11 by modcarparking »»
6 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
9 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
12 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.