Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Dec 20, 2019 9:01 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
shanimebib said:
Of course they are going to reveal the VA of Iino Miko (our adorable fifth main character)! I thought you were reading the manga?

Ah right, that does sound like an important reveal. I’m all in for Aoi Yuuki, she’s a goddess at whatever she does! And review of the new PV too apparently, according to one of their tweets (the one unveiling the air date and the new PV)

I read only up to the events covered in Season 1 since I prefer anime over manga. It was a tough to hold back mind you but I’m glad I did.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 20, 2019 9:12 PM

Nov 2007
@_MushiRock11_

Just look at her! Such an obnoxiously overbearing and ultra annoying girl that she is! ❤
I would go to the end of the worlds to see her smile! ❤

Iino Miko is one of my favourite female characters of all the manga I am following. She would easily make it in my top 10 females and I am reading like 150 manga right now!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 20, 2019 9:36 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
shanimebib said:
https://i.imgur.com/6TKYQGn.jpg

Just look at her! Such an obnoxiously overbearing and ultra annoying girl that she is! ❤

Iino Miko is one of my favourite female characters of all the manga I am following. She would easily make it in my top 10 females and I am reading like 150 manga right now!

Right, that’s a love for her! 150 manga and within top 10, now that’s bloody convincing as well. Definitely curious to see more about her!

I noticed that little shot as well and thought she’d be the “majime” type lol.

Dec 20, 2019 9:40 PM

Jul 2012
Hype for second season!
^ I imagined Iino's design to be different, cause really like how she looks in manga. Interesting.
Dec 20, 2019 10:25 PM

Nov 2007
_MushiRock11_ said:
shanimebib said:
https://i.imgur.com/6TKYQGn.jpg

Right, that’s a love for her! 150 manga and within top 10, now that’s bloody convincing as well. Definitely curious to see more about her!

I noticed that little shot as well and thought she’d be the “majime” type lol.

Oh, she is a "majime" + "loli" + "seigi no mikata" type character. But that is just scratching the surface! In one moment she will make you think "she got what she asked for!" and the next moment you'd be like "I want to protect her!". The chapters focused on her get better and better.

By now it is obvious because we manga readers have already spread it all over the internet that she is one of the main characters (well, the PV was not hiding it or anything) but when we read the manga, many of us just wanted her to become part of the story and Akasaka-sensei just delivered our wish!

あとさそこにはこんなかわいいのシップがあるです。^_^

By the way, the number of characters will keep on adding to shape the story. We will see more recurring upperclassmen, underclassmen, students with elite backgrounds showing up. And all of them are either fun, exciting, interesting or infuriating. There's not a single dull character in the story!

Ah, the hype is real!

allenjke said:
Hype for second season!
^ I imagined Iino's design to be different, cause really like how she looks in manga. Interesting.

I noticed that too. However, she looks a bit closer to the manga in the character board below (left most behind Kaguya)

shanimebibDec 20, 2019 10:32 PM
Coronavirus.
Dec 20, 2019 10:50 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
shanimebib said:
Oh, she is a "majime" + "loli" + "seigi no mikata" type character. But that is just scratching the surface! In one moment she will make you think "she got what she asked for!" and the next moment you'd be like "I want to protect her!". The chapters focused on her get better and better.

By now it is obvious because we manga readers have already spread it all over the internet that she is one of the main characters (well, the PV was not hiding it or anything) but when we read the manga, many of us just wanted her to become part of the story and Akasaka-sensei just delivered our wish!

Awesome, that's a lot of variety for a single character! Changing gears for a character constantly, by the way, doesn't often happen with me to be honest but I'm looking forward to it nonetheless. Always down for more fun as well!

Yeah, it's blatantly obvious by now lol. And wow, that's sweet from Akasaka-sensei!

I'm even more hyped to see her now!

shanimebib said:
あとさそこにはこんなかわいいのシップがあるです。^_^

Heh... Interesting. Won't deny that I'd to google translate this lol.

shanimebib said:
By the way, the number of characters will keep on adding to shape the story. We will see more recurring upperclassmen, underclassmen, students with elite backgrounds showing up. And all of them are either fun, exciting, interesting or infuriating. There's not a single dull character in the story!

Ah, the hype is real!

I didn't find a single dull character from Season 1 so I'm really not all that surprised in all honestly. I'm sure the numbers will increase though, so here's to hoping I'll have the same feeling by the end of the ride too!

Oh yes, all aboard the hype train! Spring 2020 just got even better! Three of my top favorites all airing then, what a time to be alive! Too bad I'll have to be away in early to mid-March because of my darn exams though.

Dec 20, 2019 11:09 PM

Feb 2018
Any seiyuu connoisseur here can guess who is voicing Iino?
I don't imagine she has a veteran VA but maybe that's just me trying to make myself feel better for not being able to tell who it is.
Dec 21, 2019 9:29 AM
Jul 2018
They're adapting chapter 30 hell yeah baby!!
Dec 21, 2019 5:14 PM

Nov 2007
Primo_Itoko said:
Any seiyuu connoisseur here can guess who is voicing Iino?
I don't imagine she has a veteran VA but maybe that's just me trying to make myself feel better for not being able to tell who it is.

@_MushiRock11_ already posed in the other thread. Tomita Miyu as Iino and Veteran Hidaka Rina as the most beautiful girl in Shuchi'in.
Coronavirus.
Dec 21, 2019 5:20 PM
Dec 2019
Fuuuuuuuuck yeah, Boi!

Okay, Ishigami's character arc is a must.
Dec 21, 2019 8:53 PM

Nov 2007
Super-Class_NEET said:
Fuuuuuuuuck yeah, Boi!

Okay, Ishigami's character arc is a must.

Don't worry about it. The elections and sports festival arcs are super popular. They cannot not animate those.
Coronavirus.
Dec 29, 2019 12:06 AM
May 2016
LOVE IS WAR! LOVE IS WAR! LOVE IS WAAAAAAARRRRRR!
Jan 3, 2020 9:21 PM

Sep 2011
Oh nice I didn't know they were already showing her off, pretty excited to finally see the cast not feel so incomplete like it did in s1 now that were getting to all the good shit.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 10, 2020 12:40 AM

Feb 2018
Furukawa (Prez) confirmed it is going to be one cour at the radio, Suzuki (Ishigami) talked about how it would fun trying to guess which chapters will be adapted, like how we did already. While they did not confirm how far the anime will cover they said it has been carefully planned to feel fluid (?), like there is nothing missing and that it will have some emotional scenes. Also, and more importantly, Furukawa asked for some OVAs to cover what hasn't been shown in the anime and got a "I'll think about it" from Aniplex's representative.

I'm getting my hopes up for some OVAs scattered around the year
Jan 11, 2020 11:18 AM

Sep 2011
Primo_Itoko said:
Furukawa (Prez) confirmed it is going to be one cour at the radio, Suzuki (Ishigami) talked about how it would fun trying to guess which chapters will be adapted, like how we did already. While they did not confirm how far the anime will cover they said it has been carefully planned to feel fluid (?), like there is nothing missing and that it will have some emotional scenes. Also, and more importantly, Furukawa asked for some OVAs to cover what hasn't been shown in the anime and got a "I'll think about it" from Aniplex's representative.

that sucks but i was expecting as much, just hoping for the best. I feel like skipping pretty much anything going foreword is only going to mess the flow of things cause of the character development and status quo changes and such. Miko is the big one I think might feel awkward depending on how they handle her, like she really doesnt cement herself as a main cast member till a bit later past her technically joining I feel so either they adapt chapters later on in to make her feel more involved or she kind of just fades into the background till a hypothetical 3rd season, cause ostensibly I think we can assume the sports arc is at least going to be around where it ends so she aint exactly got much in way of screentime before that past her intro.

Also even if they do adapt older chapters in ovas, thats like alot of stuff to cover if we are ostensibly skipping chapters again. Were looking at what, like 20 chapters of stuff skipped, thats half a season on and of itself.
JizzyHitlerJan 11, 2020 11:53 AM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 13, 2020 6:16 AM
Mar 2019
hoping they'll cover upto yuu's past too but well, we will absolutely have the season 3 for that
I love K-On, and so should you.

Jan 13, 2020 6:18 AM
Mar 2019
If one more anticipated sequel is added here, like dr stone or shield hero, then this season will be the best for this year.

Jan 24, 2020 3:59 AM

Apr 2015
JizzyHitler said:
Primo_Itoko said:

that sucks but i was expecting as much, just hoping for the best. I feel like skipping pretty much anything going foreword is only going to mess the flow of things cause of the character development and status quo changes and such. Miko is the big one I think might feel awkward depending on how they handle her, like she really doesnt cement herself as a main cast member till a bit later past her technically joining I feel so either they adapt chapters later on in to make her feel more involved or she kind of just fades into the background till a hypothetical 3rd season, cause ostensibly I think we can assume the sports arc is at least going to be around where it ends so she aint exactly got much in way of screentime before that past her intro.

Also even if they do adapt older chapters in ovas, thats like alot of stuff to cover if we are ostensibly skipping chapters again. Were looking at what, like 20 chapters of stuff skipped, thats half a season on and of itself.

When I counted how many chapters they have to skip to reach the sports festival arc, assuming they adapt 3 chapters in 12 episodes, they have to skip roughly 8 chapters, which I think is pretty doable. I can already guess which chapters are gonna get skipped. Also, if they do decide to skip the op and ed more often unlike the first sesason or adapt 4 chapters time to time, it won't be a problem.

Jan 24, 2020 7:28 AM

Sep 2011
Mohammadalmannai said:
JizzyHitler said:

When I counted how many chapters they have to skip to reach the sports festival arc, assuming they adapt 3 chapters in 12 episodes, they have to skip roughly 8 chapters, which I think is pretty doable. I can already guess which chapters are gonna get skipped. Also, if they do decide to skip the op and ed more often unlike the first sesason or adapt 4 chapters time to time, it won't be a problem.

I mean keep in mind, the amount they are skipping is also going to increase with the fact that it sounds like they will be adapting some of the skipped chapters from before as well and the possibility they may adapt some later chapters from the 90's, My main concern was always going to kind of be there simply cause thats just how the manga was, but I really dubt Miko is gonna really feel like a MC at all this season mainly cause all her first appearances were pretty in the background and she really doesnt start feeling part of the cast alot more definitively till after the sports arc. I just hope we get that one chapter of her and ishigami alone in the council room (the headphone jac not being all the way in chapter) cause thats one of the funniest chapters if you ask me

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Feb 1, 2020 12:20 AM

Sep 2013
I can't wait. I re-read the manga again and I'm excited for this season. Hopefully it'll adapt 24 episodes, so not as many chapters would be skipped.
Mar 3, 2020 1:05 AM

Nov 2011
New key visual is out on the official site

Mar 3, 2020 1:20 AM

Nov 2007
Airing on Saturdays at 23:30 (11:30 p.m.) via Tokyo MX, Gunma TV, Tochigi TV, BS11, followed by TV Niigata, MBS starting April 11. AbemaTV will also stream online.
Also image PV besides new Key visual
https://twitter.com/anime_kaguya/status/1234766211159904256
https://moca-news.net/article/20200303/2020030318100a_/01/
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 3, 2020 7:18 AM

Jul 2014
Why is Hayasaka that far!
Mar 3, 2020 9:02 AM

Nov 2007
-Stray said:
Why is Hayasaka that far!

Indication that she would take the backstage of the story?
Coronavirus.
Mar 5, 2020 2:23 AM

Dec 2013
Wakanim Nordic won't translate S2.
Only shitty Aniplex subs this time. I'm pissed.
Mar 17, 2020 10:24 AM
Jul 2018
Can't wait for this season!!
Mar 17, 2020 10:28 AM

Jul 2019
Hyped for more Ishigami screentime because Ishigami was the best boy and he deserves it
Mar 19, 2020 7:43 AM

Feb 2018
Can we talk a little about how amazing this PV is? From it I felt the same sad vibe that the pre-election arc had, that the story was cancelled and it was actually going to end. Not only that, the details of Iino's introduction really shows well her character and we have moon gazing, Nagisa's boyfriend asking for advice and some justice for Hayasaka confirmed.

Mar 19, 2020 11:43 AM

Sep 2011
Even if her early chapters mostly just used her as a punchline much like how ishigami was for his first few dozen chapters, its great that the anime finally had the main cast together after this cause going back to the start of the series through it, and seeing everyone pre-development was weird enough as is, but having to wait for Ishigami and Miko to get introduced too made it all the stranger feeling.

Looking foreword to the election arc, I think the director can nail some solid melancholy with her past.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Mar 19, 2020 5:58 PM

Feb 2018
JizzyHitler said:
Even if her early chapters mostly just used her as a punchline much like how ishigami was for his first few dozen chapters, its great that the anime finally had the main cast together after this cause going back to the start of the series through it, and seeing everyone pre-development was weird enough as is, but having to wait for Ishigami and Miko to get introduced too made it all the stranger feeling.

Looking foreword to the election arc, I think the director can nail some solid melancholy with her past.

I often re-read the series so it wasn't weird for me. But looking at the shot composition and the editing of this trailer I can guarantee the same quality from last season, I'm particularly looking forward to Iino's campaign speech, it should be a gorgeous moment.
Mar 22, 2020 11:51 AM

Aug 2017
Crimson said:
LunarTreat said:

I seriously can't wait for Season 2 either!!

protecc

We need to protecc Kaguya because she's adorable.

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Mar 22, 2020 10:27 PM

May 2016
I WANT ISHIGAMI ARC!!! If I don't have it I am not going to be satisfied.
Mar 26, 2020 9:30 AM

Dec 2017
I can't wait for this man, this is gonna be good
Mar 28, 2020 4:22 AM
Mar 2018
I don't get the hype for the sequel and prequel. It's just a rom/com with all the known anime tropes, yet is praised as the best in years. Sure it has it's own premise, like every other anime, but it's just niether very good nor very bad to me just like shows like My Hero Academia. I guess it's the general waifu-blindness and sparkly blushes that make the crowds woo their goddesses or something...
Mar 28, 2020 9:22 PM

Feb 2018
DonTrumpolino said:
I don't get the hype for the sequel and prequel. It's just a rom/com with all the known anime tropes, yet is praised as the best in years. Sure it has it's own premise, like every other anime, but it's just niether very good nor very bad to me just like shows like My Hero Academia. I guess it's the general waifu-blindness and sparkly blushes that make the crowds woo their goddesses or something...

Waifu-blindness? I think you should've said husbando-blindness for this failure of a romcom. We do have a consensus on Hayasaka, some people (like me) are vocal about Maki and this Fujiwara thing only happened with anime onlys but the real waifu here is a dude. Could you present me another romcom that as a guy as the main waifu? I'd love to read it.

This second season will dive into how the series actually handles the plot and it's characters, so, if you're willing to give it a try, it might change your mind and if it doesn't, I don't know what will.
I mean, I can gladly try to convince you but it would be hard without some spoilers.
Mar 29, 2020 3:10 AM
Mar 2018
Primo_Itoko said:

Waifu-blindness? I think you should've said husbando-blindness for this failure of a romcom. We do have a consensus on Hayasaka, some people (like me) are vocal about Maki and this Fujiwara thing only happened with anime onlys but the real waifu here is a dude. Could you present me another romcom that as a guy as the main waifu? I'd love to read it.

This second season will dive into how the series actually handles the plot and it's characters, so, if you're willing to give it a try, it might change your mind and if it doesn't, I don't know what will.
I mean, I can gladly try to convince you but it would be hard without some spoilers.

I bet there are a lot of examples, but I can't watch everything. But since nothing is really new anymore, it must've been a ton before. However, you can't deny to have noticed at least one meme about this show and it is not about the guy. Besides what I saw being mentioned about this show is mostly the waifus. And I mean with all the blushes and common anime body references, I can't really see how the guy is the waifu. He is as illusive as all the guys in romcom anime. Mysterious Girlfriend X focussed more on the guy, yet everyone remembers the odd relationship and mostly Makoto.
And what is with that talk, that the show will dive into the plot and it's characters? Isn't that what ever show ever did? Can't really have a show, which is not about a gimmick like Miru Tights or Pop Team Epic, that isn't about the plot and characters...
Mar 29, 2020 8:55 AM

Feb 2018
DonTrumpolino said:
Primo_Itoko said:

I bet there are a lot of examples, but I can't watch everything. But since nothing is really new anymore, it must've been a ton before. However, you can't deny to have noticed at least one meme about this show and it is not about the guy. Besides what I saw being mentioned about this show is mostly the waifus. And I mean with all the blushes and common anime body references, I can't really see how the guy is the waifu. He is as illusive as all the guys in romcom anime. Mysterious Girlfriend X focussed more on the guy, yet everyone remembers the odd relationship and mostly Makoto.
And what is with that talk, that the show will dive into the plot and it's characters? Isn't that what ever show ever did? Can't really have a show, which is not about a gimmick like Miru Tights or Pop Team Epic, that isn't about the plot and characters...

I said how it actually does that, there's this clickbait comparing it to Death Note, which is actually true for the first volume, then the manga became weekly so the formula changed a bit and it's only with the events of this second season that the series finds itself. Not that the beginning is bad, but it's just that the rest is better.

Oh you only saw waifus out there? Maybe I'm biased by the manga reader's bubble, still, I'm sure the term our guy has been popping up on every corner of the Kaguya fandom and it reaches the point where he wins the best girl polls among manga readers and not (entirely) as a joke like Kaiki or DIO.

I wouldn't say this series is unique, since there are a few comparable ones that comes to my mind, all published after Kaguya though (except School Rumble which, as Aka said, was a big influence for him)... But it's definitely refreshing, a romcom without a harem, panty shots, fanservice, that doesn't forget that it is a comedy and balances the laughs with romantic moments pretty well while delivering major and lasting development... There aren't many who actually manage to pull it off

Edit: oh Miyuki is not illusive, he's underrated. But I wasn't talking about him.
Primo_ItokoMar 29, 2020 9:50 AM
Apr 4, 2020 8:19 AM

Nov 2011
Season 2 OP theme song: 「DADDY! DADDY! DO! featuring Airi Suzuki」by Masayuki Suzuki

https://twitter.com/AIR_News01/status/1246454433245851650
Apr 4, 2020 11:32 PM

Nov 2007
According to this article, Airi Suzuki is from the disbanded idol group °C-ute
https://nijimen.net/topics/72515
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 5, 2020 4:13 AM
Mar 2019
🙏🏼 FOR THIS TO HAVE 24 EPISODESSSSS

Apr 6, 2020 6:58 AM

Sep 2011
juuzousuzuya002 said:
🙏🏼 FOR THIS TO HAVE 24 EPISODESSSSS
I think they confirmed for only 12 a while back from what someone was telling me of the radio show they did after the announcement so dont give it much hope. Its a bit concerning going foreword given how much they need to cut to reach some of the milestones events and unlike say the first season where things really dont have much continuity, going foreword theres alot of status quo changes that will make going backwards to readapt stuff very awkward. I was already a little annoyed by how they adapted the ishigami chapter getitng along with kaguya earlier than its meant to be cause it still treated it like he was scarred of her afterwords when really thats when hes meant to chill out around her from then on out.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Apr 7, 2020 12:36 AM
Mar 2019
I heard it's only gonna stream on Funimation?? I hope it comes on Netflix, Season 1 is there...
Apr 7, 2020 4:02 AM
Dec 2018
I just hope the god damn Heineken flu doesn't delay kaguya too, it already took away from us re:zero and oregairu
Apr 8, 2020 3:47 PM
Jul 2018
All 4 chapters in the first episode are great. Hopefully they won't cut too much from them.
Apr 8, 2020 4:57 PM

Sep 2011
HalfHalfBastard said:
All 4 chapters in the first episode are great. Hopefully they won't cut too much from them.
4 chapters has me worried cause last time they did that they did cut a few jokes and the pace felt faster, little salty one of my fav jokes from early in the show got nixed, though having the ending theme maybe not play for the first ep can help. Though if they can make 4 chapters work per episodes more than they did before especially since stuff isnt gonna be as episodic as usual, then that would alleviate a ton of concern over the skipping of chapters.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Apr 8, 2020 5:14 PM

Nov 2018
Will this stream in Crunchyroll?
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Jun 20, 2020

665 by aod-kun »»
Mar 31, 6:36 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2020

291 by kayiu102 »»
Feb 25, 12:15 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Stray - May 23, 2020

304 by ZeStark »»
Feb 21, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2020

364 by princessukeni »»
Feb 17, 9:16 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 2, 2020

296 by Kier_Reference »»
Jan 31, 7:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.