Forum Settings
Forums

'Kanojo, Okarishimasu' Manga Gets TV Anime for Summer 2020

New
Dec 15, 2019 7:58 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
DMM Pictures opened an official website for a television anime adaptation of Reiji Miyajima's Kanojo, Okarishimasu (I'd like to Borrow a Girlfriend) manga on Sunday. The anime series is scheduled for a July 2020 premiere.

Synopsis
Dumped by his girlfriend, emotionally shattered college student Kazuya Kinoshita attempts to appease the void in his heart through a rental girlfriend from a mobile app. At first, Chizuru Mizuhara seems to be the perfect girl with everything he could possibly ask for: great looks and a cute, caring personality.

Upon seeing mixed opinions on her profile after their first date, and still tormented by his previous relationship, Kazuya believes that Chizuru is just playing around with the hearts of men and leaves her a negative rating. Angry at her client's disrespect towards her, Chizuru reveals her true nature: sassy and temperamental, the complete opposite of Kazuya's first impression. At that very moment, Kazuya receives news of his grandmother's collapse and is forced to bring Chizuru along with him to the hospital.

Although it turns out to be nothing serious, his grandmother is ecstatic that Kazuya has finally found a serious girlfriend, which had always been her wish. Unable to tell her the truth, Kazuya and Chizuru are forced into a fake relationship—acting as if they are truly lovers. [Written by MAL Rewrite]

Cast
Chizuru Mizuhara: Sora Amamiya (Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!)
Mami Nanami: Aoi Yuuki (Boku no Kanojo ga Majimesugiru Sho-bitch na Ken)
Ruka Sarashina: Nao Touyama (Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry)
Sumi Sakurasawa: Rie Takahashi (Fate/Grand Order: First Order)
Kazuya Kinoshita: Shun Horie (Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku)

Staff
Director: Kazuomi Koga (Just Because! episode director, Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii: Youth)
Series Composition: Mitsutaka Hirota (Amaama to Inazuma, Persona 4 the Animation script)
Character Design: Kanna Hirayama (Gamers! assistant animation director, Shichisei no Subaru animation director)
Music: Hyadain (Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu theme song composition)
Studio: TMS Entertainment

Miyajima began drawing the romantic comedy series, also known by its short name KanoKari, in Weekly Shounen Magazine in July 2017. Kodansha will publish the 13th volume on Tuesday. KanoKari has a cumulative 2.4 million copies of its compiled volumes in circulation.

Kodansha Comics licensed the manga series in English under the title Rent-A-Girlfriend this July. The first volume is expected to be released in Summer 2020. The manga has also been published in multiple foreign languages, including Mandarin, Korean, and Thai.

Teaser PV

Official site: http://kanokari-official.com/
Official Twitter: @kanokari_anime
Manga official Twitter: @okarishimasu

Source: Comic Natalie

Kanojo, Okarishimasu on MAL
VindstotJan 8, 2022 6:12 PM

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 15, 2019 8:17 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Now that’s one awesome-tier female cast list and a very impressive Staff lineup too!

TMS Entertainment has rocked 2019 with Fruits Basket 1st Season and Dr. Stone, and I honestly can’t wait to see how they fare with this adaption.

Instant pick up!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 15, 2019 9:22 AM

Nov 2016
This kind of rom-com is straight up my alley and Amamiya Sora will voice the main girl, uff.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 15, 2019 9:25 AM

Jul 2015
more garbage harems to avoid
Dec 15, 2019 10:20 AM

Jul 2015
Bongo9911 said:
tragedydesu said:

How did you get harem out of that plot? It’s clearly not one.

Dec 15, 2019 10:24 AM

Aug 2015
I know about this thanks to Paolo, lmao.

Well, not my type of series.
Dec 15, 2019 10:40 AM

Dec 2016
Cool I remember reading this awhile back.
Dec 15, 2019 10:56 AM
May 2017
If you guys hate spineless, mega-beta male MC i'm warning you, please avoid this anime at all cost.
Dec 15, 2019 11:16 AM

Nov 2018
Well,at least I can see this series as I've read the manga.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Dec 15, 2019 11:36 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
I'd like to borrow her too
Dec 15, 2019 12:01 PM

Nov 2007
I have dropped the manga after reading 99 chapters because the MC is infuriating. Kazuya is below Raku's tier. That should tell you how abominable his character is.

Good luck watching it. Not even amazing seiyuu cast nor incredible female characters can save a beta harem story when the MC of the story is like the MC of this series.

@Bongo9911: This is a harem just like Nisekoi. It is not tagged properly.

Why it is harem?

The elements of a harem story is that you get rotation of female characters even if there is a main heroine/or a primary love triangle. People seem to confuse harem with non harem shows a lot. This is the same reason why Oregairu is not a harem. Iroha never becomes a part of a rotation. Her involvement in the story is sporadic compared to the two main heroines. This is also why AoButa is not a harem despite of having multiple girls having interactions with the MC in the story. Because there is no romance or continuation of romance (i.e. cut off midpoint or after a single arc) for the other girls.

EcchiGodMamster said:

You are supposed to RENT her. Not borrow.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 15, 2019 12:41 PM

Jul 2017
wth is that artstyle lol? One of the only good things about this manga was its character art but this looks meh in comparison lmao

Bongo9911 said:
tragedydesu said:

How did you get harem out of that plot? It’s clearly not one.

wut? This manga if anything is definitely a harem. Like @shanimebib said, there are 4 girls in the mix lmao. And it is indeed very Nisekoi esq

if you haven't read it before and just referring to the plot synopsis, then ok fair enough lol
Dec 15, 2019 1:24 PM

Sep 2016
another hetero romance clichee trash that all it does is objectify women
Dec 15, 2019 1:33 PM

Feb 2015
I'll guess, he rents her... and then he falls in love with her, and then slowly she falls in love to him but kinda tsun tsun about...

aight, I guess I already know the story so I might as well forget this even exist
Dec 15, 2019 2:11 PM
Oct 2015
I must be watching!
Dec 15, 2019 2:37 PM
Aug 2016
Fuck yeah.. the manga with the the most corniest motherfucker on the planet is getting an anime, I literally can't wait to watch it
Dec 15, 2019 2:41 PM
Oct 2016
excited for this as an anime. cast is solid
Dec 15, 2019 3:21 PM

Mar 2015
i have been dropping this just a little while ago, because goddamn, the character is annoying, especially the girls.

but i just want to pointing out, this character design showed up a character that doesn't become important until chapter 60. that alone smell disaster for me. look rushed af, or anime original rearrangement.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Dec 15, 2019 3:24 PM

Feb 2013
shanimebib said:
I have dropped the manga after reading 99 chapters because the MC is infuriating. Kazuya is below Raku's tier. That should tell you how abominable his character is.

Good luck watching it. Not even amazing seiyuu cast nor incredible female characters can save a beta harem story when the MC of the story is like the MC of this series.

@Bongo9911: This is a harem just like Nisekoi. It is not tagged properly.

Why it is harem?

The elements of a harem story is that you get rotation of female characters even if there is a main heroine/or a primary love triangle. People seem to confuse harem with non harem shows a lot. This is the same reason why Oregairu is not a harem. Iroha never becomes a part of a rotation. Her involvement in the story is sporadic compared to the two main heroines. This is also why AoButa is not a harem despite of having multiple girls having interactions with the MC in the story. Because there is no romance or continuation of romance (i.e. cut off midpoint or after a single arc) for the other girls.

EcchiGodMamster said:

You are supposed to RENT her. Not borrow.

Eh, Aobuta has three romantic interests so I would call it a harem since it's more than one triangle
Dec 15, 2019 3:41 PM

Nov 2007
@Kuma: Maybe they are gonna make a complete revamp and make the characters, especially Kazuya a bit more tolerable?

@_Ako_: You are quite accurate but you are over simplifying a rather complex story. This is a painful journey of tons of denials, over the top aggression, and ridiculous racy or doki doki situations surrounding the MC with multiple girls. Oh, and of course the home of "about to" moments.

Definition: "About to" moments. About to moments are moments when something important is about to happen and you get a call from say a hospital, a person appearing out of know where, a truck comes out from the left field, etc. etc. This manga has plenty of those moments. It has gone beyond 100 chapters after all.

The manga reaches its peak pretty early when the MC falls in love with the Main Heroine for real. It has gone downhill since.

Okay. I think I have said enough. I wish everyone a good watch.

My only advise will be to enjoy it as a comedy although it is meant to be taken seriously. :P

@Nemesis16: I already defined harem with an example using Oregairu. Number of girls in a romantic interest doesn't make a story harem. It's the rotation of romantic interest's participation in the story telling that makes it.
Coronavirus.
Dec 15, 2019 3:56 PM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
I already dropped the manga several months ago. But damn, look at that all star cast (excluding MC). Does it really worth it??

Trust me, the MC is probably the cringiest MC you will see in your lifetime.
Dec 15, 2019 4:14 PM

Mar 2015
shanimebib said:
@Kuma: Maybe they are gonna make a complete revamp and make the characters, especially Kazuya a bit more tolerable?

personally,i have no problem with kazuya actually. is he cringe? yes, but that's youth for ya. my problem is that most girl is act very entitled toward kazuya just because kazuya himself an indecisive person.

tho to answer, probably jitsu wa watashi wa case, so yes. a rearrangement that butcher character interaction.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Dec 15, 2019 4:33 PM

Nov 2007
Kuma said:
shanimebib said:

personally,i have no problem with kazuya actually. is he cringe? yes, but that's youth for ya. my problem is that most girl is act very entitled toward kazuya just because kazuya himself an indecisive person.

tho to answer, probably jitsu wa watashi wa case, so yes. a rearrangement that butcher character interaction.

I can see why you mentioned the girls but Kazuya is 20 btw. TWENTY. Using the excuse of "youth" in his defense in "anime terms" will be the thorn for any other discussions as we will never be able to put an argument. Most of the other MCs are 3-5 years younger than him and get BBQ'ed alive for being less cringe.
Coronavirus.
Dec 15, 2019 4:38 PM

Mar 2015
shanimebib said:
Kuma said:

I can see why you mentioned the girls but Kazuya is 20 btw. TWENTY. Using the excuse of "youth" in his defense in "anime terms" will be the thorn for any other discussions as we will never be able to put an argument. Most of the other MCs are 3-5 years younger than him and get BBQ'ed alive for being less cringe.

i mean, you are not wrong, kazuya is not likeable character, but i simply pointing that the girl is worse. kazuya at least keep it for himself. we all always have that kind of cringe friends. even to this day. so i don't see his character unrealistic. if people mock him, understandable, but i didn't excuse the girl either just because they are pretty.
Dec 15, 2019 6:15 PM
Mar 2015
This is a harem where everyone is using one another for their own purposes.
Dec 15, 2019 6:16 PM

Feb 2015
shanimebib said:

@_Ako_: You are quite accurate but you are over simplifying a rather complex story. This is a painful journey of tons of denials, over the top aggression, and ridiculous racy or doki doki situations surrounding the MC with multiple girls. Oh, and of course the home of "about to" moments.

Definition: "About to" moments. About to moments are moments when something important is about to happen and you get a call from say a hospital, a person appearing out of know where, a truck comes out from the left field, etc. etc. This manga has plenty of those moments. It has gone beyond 100 chapters after all.

The manga reaches its peak pretty early when the MC falls in love with the Main Heroine for real. It has gone downhill since.

Okay. I think I have said enough. I wish everyone a good watch.

My only advise will be to enjoy it as a comedy although it is meant to be taken seriously. :P

yah, you pretty much explain why this is in my opinion garbage. Nowadays I don't particularly like shows that push something just for the sake of "omegalul it's for the PLOOOOTTTTTT" bs
Dec 15, 2019 6:36 PM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
College romcom is rare these days so that's a plus.
Dec 15, 2019 10:38 PM
Feb 2015
I absolutely don't care what U all say. I love the manga and I'm hyped for the anime.
Dec 15, 2019 11:04 PM

Dec 2018
so...nisekoi season 3? hope it's not harem

landofthekwt said:
This is a harem where everyone is using one another for their own purposes.

ah fuuuuuuu...

"O kawaii koto"
( ´• ᴗ •` )

I wish i could love myself~

Dec 16, 2019 1:38 AM

Sep 2017
great cast especially for the girls, amamiya sora as the main heroine is really a good pick! definitely will watch it since i read the manga, despite the mc is a goddamn shit
zalapenoDec 16, 2019 8:07 AM
Dec 16, 2019 5:32 AM

Mar 2014
Automatic Plan to watch!
Dec 16, 2019 7:41 AM

Apr 2015
Oh lol. This is the last thing I wanted to get an adaptation. I remember picking this up a long time ago, but it was horrible even for harem romcom standards.

Kazuya singlehandedly embodies everything I find undesirable about a harem MC, enough that it's hard to separate how I feel about him and the series as a whole. Though it's not like the girls are defensible given their actions.

It's a shame that several veteran seiyuu will be working on this project.
Dec 16, 2019 12:47 PM
Jun 2011
Kuma said:
shanimebib said:

i mean, you are not wrong, kazuya is not likeable character, but i simply pointing that the girl is worse. kazuya at least keep it for himself. we all always have that kind of cringe friends. even to this day. so i don't see his character unrealistic. if people mock him, understandable, but i didn't excuse the girl either just because they are pretty.
the character I hate the most in this manga is his psycho ex
Dec 16, 2019 2:38 PM

Mar 2015
elior1 said:
Kuma said:

chizuru is rude and borderline abusive. as well too much lies and denial and clearly exploit MC at times.
ruka is very intrusive and obsessive. already passing stalker line.
even most recent girl is like spoiled brat.

the only decent one is sumi, not because she is original or something, but she is just kuudere that less doing something bad and actually not give MC a problem.
Dec 16, 2019 3:15 PM
Jun 2011
Kuma said:
elior1 said:

chizuru is rude and borderline abusive. as well too much lies and denial and clearly exploit MC at times.

the only decent one is sumi, not because she is original or something, but she is just kuudere that less doing something bad and actually not give MC a problem.
I talking about his ex mami she is psycho
Dec 16, 2019 3:34 PM

Mar 2015
elior1 said:
Kuma said:

i know, i just adding my opinion on another girl. i don't mention ex name. she is definitely the worst.
Dec 16, 2019 3:50 PM
Jun 2011
Kuma said:
elior1 said:

i know, i just adding my opinion on another girl. i don't mention ex name. she is definitely the worst.
is mami still psycho like that for lot of chapters or she change her way of behaving at some point?
Dec 16, 2019 3:57 PM

Mar 2015
elior1 said:
Kuma said:

is mami still psycho like that for lot of chapters or she change her way of behaving at some point?
i drop it at chapter 80's and no, she still didn't have explanation.
Dec 16, 2019 11:46 PM
May 2016
Oh my God, I love this, I love this
Dec 16, 2019 11:56 PM

Oct 2018
world class female character incoming...
Dec 17, 2019 12:43 AM
Mar 2019
Oh July it's still a long time I can't wait !!!
Dec 17, 2019 8:30 PM
Nov 2017
Nice! I’ve been reading this manga for a while now and always thought it would make a fun anime to watch. Can’t wait to see it!
Dec 18, 2019 8:36 AM

Sep 2017
I've been starving for a good romance anime for quite some time now. And to think we're getting this on the same season as Oregairu S3? And also by a studio who has good track record, with Re:Life, Fruits Basket and especially Dr. Stone? I'm down for it.
~ May all the beauty be blessed ~
Dec 19, 2019 6:25 AM

Nov 2010
Can't go wrong with this cast.
Dec 21, 2019 9:18 AM
Dec 2019
why are these type of below mediocre endless drama harem bait stories with annoying characters so popular?
Dec 22, 2019 7:47 AM
Oct 2015
hmm I hate the mc in this one but still gonna watch cuz I cant drop the manga
sana all na rerent lols
Jan 15, 2020 7:46 AM
Jun 2017
Damn, i never thought this manga has a chance to get adapted because i don't really think this manga is popular. I've stopped reading this manga for a while now because it's getting boring for me, but the studio, cast, and the PV looks interseting. Maybe i'll try watching the anime.
Jan 15, 2020 3:09 PM
Sep 2017
Does anyone know till what volume or chapter its gonna be?
Jan 15, 2020 3:10 PM
Sep 2017
Jan 15, 2020 3:10 PM
Sep 2017
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - 3 hours ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
3 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Today

21 by VanishingKira »»
7 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

95 by RobertBobert »»
9 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.