Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 8, 2019 10:21 AM

Oct 2018
I liked him, he talked about stuff not many rappers had the balls to do. With great flow and beautiful imagery, I may add. What I would give to watch his sound evolve. RIP

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/juice-wrld-dead-obit-923765/
ohmlDec 8, 2019 9:42 PM
youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
73 6f 6d 65 74 68 69 6e 67 73 20 6f 64 64 20 61 62 6f 75 74 20 6d 79 20 70 72 6f 66 69 6c 65 0d 0a
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Dec 8, 2019 10:22 AM

Jan 2009
might be drug related seizure RIP and 21 years old is fucking young
Dec 8, 2019 2:36 PM

Mar 2015
deg said:
had the same thought, seems like the most logical explanation.

he was a talented artist, really sad to see him go so young. RIP Jarad.
Dec 8, 2019 4:22 PM

Mar 2008
So many musicians of all sorts dying lately.

Could have been lean with codein and promethazine. Former can cause seizure while later depress breathing. Also could have been xanax which also can cause depressed breathing and more rarely seizures. However he was trying to stop doing drugs so much so in theory it also could have been his body going into withdrawls from something.
https://heavy.com/entertainment/2019/12/juice-wrld-lean-cough-syrup-drugs/

He on multiple songs suggested he's probably going to die from his drug use
traedDec 8, 2019 5:55 PM
Dec 8, 2019 7:38 PM

Oct 2018
traed said:

"… What's the 27 Club?
We ain't making it past 21"

Juice WRLD - Legends

It's kinda spooky how he riddled his death everywhere on his songs. But I mean that's who he is.
73 6f 6d 65 74 68 69 6e 67 73 20 6f 64 64 20 61 62 6f 75 74 20 6d 79 20 70 72 6f 66 69 6c 65 0d 0a
Dec 8, 2019 7:48 PM

Jan 2009
ohml said:
traed said:

"… What's the 27 Club?

Juice WRLD - Legends

It's kinda spooky how he riddled his death everywhere on his songs. But I mean that's who he is.

he riddled it? or maybe he planned it all along?
Dec 8, 2019 7:55 PM

Oct 2018
deg said:
ohml said:

"… What's the 27 Club?

Juice WRLD - Legends

he riddled it? or maybe he planned it all along?

Nah what I meant is that I felt like he has foreshadowed his death a shit ton. But like most of his music is about sadness and depression so I wouldn't call it an astute observation
Dec 8, 2019 8:01 PM

Mar 2008
@deg
That song Legends is about lil peep (died at 21) and xxxTentacion (died at 20) and Juice WRLD was concerned he would wind up the same

@ohml
The music video for Black & White too where he attends his own memorial for a drug related death.
Dec 8, 2019 8:08 PM

Jul 2009
This is really sad news. I wasn't the biggest fan of his flow and style, but there's no doubt he's a talented individual. With the way he foreshadowed his own death, it feels like XXXTentacion all over again.
Dec 9, 2019 12:04 AM

Jul 2015
Goes to show how toxic rap culture is.

The music industry as a whole is bad enough but rap really takes it to the next level. Perhaps it's time to stop idolising crime, violence and drugs. Perhaps the chances of a rap artist making it past 22 would increase then.
"my life at this state could be transposed into a pretty massive biography"

- Cneq, "the guy who was literally using BTC in 2012 to make deals in the first main instance of a digital itemized economy forming naturally in all human history (also the precursor of NFTs) and who had 20k+ total trades.", 23 years old

MAL's most prolific antivaxxer, Noboru.
Dec 9, 2019 2:54 AM

Oct 2018
Railey2 said:

The music industry as a whole is bad enough but rap really takes it to the next level. Perhaps it's time to stop idolising crime, violence and drugs. Perhaps the chances of a rap artist making it past 22 would increase then.

I think all genres have their flaws. I can think of K-Pop stars not being allowed to date unless its approved by their managers. Classical musicians hating their instrument but since that's their only source of income they keep doing it. I doubt this is a credible source but have you seen the movie, "A Star is Born"?

You are right though, they glorify some bad shit like lean, violence, etc. That's something not to be fucked with but I see friends chugging that at parties cus they see Lil pump do it. I hate it.
Dec 9, 2019 3:28 AM

Mar 2008
Railey2 said:

His songs referenced drugs on a personal note and made a negative point of them just not a overly preechy way. Though as that article i posted points out he started using lean because of a song by Future that glorified lean. Anyway it's not guaranteed drugs caused his death. For example he was at an airport. Maybe he had a long flight which caused a clot in his leg from sitting so long which travelled giving him a stroke. This is totally plausible.

Everything from rap to rock to metal to country to pop to raggae to industrial to darkwave to dancehall to techno to trance to disco has songs about those topics you mention each in their own way. Art immitates life more than life immitates art.
Dec 9, 2019 3:43 AM

Jul 2015
traed said:

Everything from rap to rock to metal to country to pop to raggae to industrial to darkwave to dancehall to techno to trance to disco has songs about those topics you mention each in their own way. Art immitates life more than life immitates art.
yes of course it's all the same, there are no different degrees of acceptance of self-destructive behaviour in different scenes, they all somewhat do it so therefore it's all equal.
And there certainly isn't a causal link either.

Seriously traed, why even make points like that? You're the last person I'd expect to have a centrist streak. Rap-culture is obviously one of the least healthy cultures, and it shows.

- Cneq, "the guy who was literally using BTC in 2012 to make deals in the first main instance of a digital itemized economy forming naturally in all human history (also the precursor of NFTs) and who had 20k+ total trades.", 23 years old

Dec 9, 2019 4:10 AM

Mar 2008
Railey2 said:
traed said:

yes of course it's all the same, there are no different degrees of acceptance of self-destructive behaviour in different scenes, they all somewhat do it so therefore it's all equal.

Seriously traed, why even make points like that? You're the last person I'd expect to have a centrist streak. Rap-culture is obviously one of the least healthy cultures, and it shows.

It could be interpreted you were implying it's the worst in all of those individually not just together. I was just implying it's not unique nor worst in every single one. That doesn't mean I think everything is equal and you very well should know that so stop with the shitty strawman arguments.

You're the one using a center right wing talking point in that you're blaming the culture itself not focusing on the material conditions that form such cultures in the first place which in this case a combination of socioeconomic backgrounds and record label marketing strategies among other things.
Dec 9, 2019 4:22 AM

Jul 2015
traed said:
Railey2 said:

It could be interpreted you were implying it's the worst in all of those individually not just together. I was just implying it's not unique nor worst in every single one. That doesn't mean I think everything is equal and you very well should know that so stop with the shitty strawman arguments.

You're the one using a center right wing talking point in that you're blaming the culture itself not focusing on the material conditions that form such cultures in the first place which in this case a combination of socioeconomic backgrounds and record label marketing strategies among other things.
imo it's a feedback loop.

Culture influences art, which influences culture, which influences art, and so on. And obviously there are other feedback loops between socioeconomic factors and culture, so there you go. Everything affects everything when you look at systems like this, I hope this take is leftist enough for your taste.
Not what I meant to talk about though, I was merely pointing out that rap-culture is one shitty factor that contributes to this whole mess, mostly because it's the one that is most apparent and most relevant to this thread because it relates directly to the deceased artists life and work. That's all.

Also, I don't get the relevance of bringing up the fact that [these themes are present in almost all forms of media/other genres], unless you're trying to handwave it.

Dec 9, 2019 4:30 AM

Oct 2018
traed said:
Railey2 said:

You're the one using a center right-wing talking point in that you're blaming the culture itself not focusing on the material conditions that form such cultures in the first place which in this case a combination of socioeconomic backgrounds and record label marketing strategies among other things.

This hood rap grimey stuff should have never made it into pop culture imo, It's open to impressionable people willing to do whatever it takes for their 15 minutes of fame. Real artistry found in rap is overshadowed by saying Gucci gang 84 times and what you previously said, talking about crime and drugs.

Dec 9, 2019 4:54 AM

Mar 2008
@Railey2
Something like a feedback loop. It's difficult to reply from the jumping back and forth between the music industry, music subcultures, and art since for each there is a differet explaationn.

Because it sounded so similar to complaints from people about rap music so it's easy to read it as being an out of place tactless comment taking a jab at the artist as if he is part of the problem you describe. I was trying to add perspective.

@ohml
Started with ganster rap as you know. I don't know how the current wave got kicked up since it seemed like it was moving away from that for a while.
Dec 9, 2019 5:51 AM

Jul 2015
traed said:
@Railey2
Something like a feedback loop. It's difficult to reply from the jumping back and forth between the music industry, music subcultures, and art since for each there is a different explanation.

Because it sounded so similar to complaints from people about rap music so it's easy to read it as being an out of place tactless comment taking a jab at the artist as if he is part of the problem you describe. I was trying to add perspective.

@ohml
Started with ganster rap as you know. I don't know how the current wave got kicked up since it seemed like it was moving away from that for a while.
appreciated.
I suppose I've seen too many dumb centrist takes, so I jumped to conclusions and interpreted your comment in the same vein, because it kinda read like that. My bad.

Dec 9, 2019 6:58 AM

Aug 2012
traed said:
For example he was at an airport. Maybe he had a long flight which caused a clot in his leg from sitting so long which travelled giving him a stroke. This is totally plausible.
Totally plausible, however, not equally. Anything is "totally plausible" to a degree. A negligible probability of me dying from a motorcycle crash is x much and I don't even ride motorcycles. It still doesn't make sense.

Let's face it. 21 year old, not overweight, presumably healthy, getting a stroke just by sitting for a few hours? You do realise that clots accumulate over days and even weeks in more obese individuals? It is probably drugs.
Dec 9, 2019 7:04 AM

Aug 2018
Never heard of him before but holy shit he's the same age as me. Way too young to die, RIP.
Skittles said:
With the way he foreshadowed his own death, it feels like XXXTentacion all over again.

Foreshadowed his death?
<Insert clever quote>
Dec 9, 2019 8:49 AM

Jul 2009
-InfiniteLoop- said:
Skittles said:
With the way he foreshadowed his own death, it feels like XXXTentacion all over again.

Foreshadowed his death?

Some of Juice's songs like "Lean Wit Me" implied he was battling lean/drug addiction and was in danger of dying from OD. His cause of death is still unconfirmed, but he went into a seizure despite being in high spirits, so there is a good possibility drugs may be involved.

XXX released an Instagram video shortly before his death about wanting to leave a positive legacy after he dies. The timing might be coincidental, but his tone and the things he touch upon in the video give the feeling he was expecting his fate.
Dec 9, 2019 2:20 PM

Oct 2015
This is so sad. I'll likely forget it tomorrow.
Dec 9, 2019 2:50 PM

Oct 2018
I'd like to know more details on how his death went down.

サディスティックな考え
"JUST KILL ME."
サディスティックマインド
Dec 9, 2019 2:59 PM

Oct 2018
KlND said:
KlND said:

He allegedly popped some pills on the plane. The feds also found 70 lbs (31kg) of weed in his private jet.
Dec 9, 2019 5:11 PM

Mar 2008
Yarub said:
traed said:
For example he was at an airport. Maybe he had a long flight which caused a clot in his leg from sitting so long which travelled giving him a stroke. This is totally plausible.
Totally plausible, however, not equally. Anything is "totally plausible" to a degree. A negligible probability of me dying from a motorcycle crash is x much and I don't even ride motorcycles. It still doesn't make sense.

Let's face it. 21 year old, not overweight, presumably healthy, getting a stroke just by sitting for a few hours? You do realise that clots accumulate over days and even weeks in more obese individuals? It is probably drugs.

I know just suggesting it's not outside reasonable possability. Withdrawl from drugs that were reguarly used could have given him a seizure just the same as using drugs or meds. Though I am aware seizures alone leading to death are relatively rare.

KlND said:

There is video of him in the plane that day. He seemed fine then and in a good mood.
Dec 10, 2019 2:16 AM

Oct 2018
mangasuper said:
One step closer to getting rid of these Shitty modern rappers! ~

You've never listened to him, have you...
Dec 10, 2019 3:24 AM

Mar 2008
Saw some people point out the most eerie lyric of his

"i really feel like John Lennon"
- All Girls Are the Same ~ Juice WRLD

He died the same day John Lennon died.
Dec 10, 2019 6:05 AM

Oct 2017
I wasn't a big fan of his rap, but 21 is far too young.

As far as the rap culture itself is concerned. There is a lot of rap, some of it very commercially successful, that does not revolve around "bitches doing cocaine", lean, shooting people, etc. Granted those topics are certainly over represented in rap(particularly 'mumble' rap), but there have always been artists that go against that culture through every decade, some more commercially successful than others. And others that aren't directly promoting such, but instead it's a commentary on the environment they grew up in or current societal problems. Then you have the artists that fall into the middle, where some songs glorify negative behavior while others don't.

All in all, rap is much more diverse then it's often given credit for...even at the mainstream level.

Obligatory Gucci Gang Remix

InsertCatchyNameDec 10, 2019 6:17 AM
Dec 10, 2019 11:29 AM

Feb 2018
Nobody deserves to die so young he was the same age as me... but still if you live like a drug addict youre gonna die like one, sad truth

Rip tho hope his family can find some peace
Dec 10, 2019 1:02 PM

Jul 2015
traed said:

untrue, John Lennon died a long time ago

Dec 10, 2019 1:26 PM

Jul 2012
I will definitely miss his music.

RIP young soul.
Dec 10, 2019 5:14 PM

Mar 2008
Railey2 said:
traed said:

untrue, John Lennon died a long time ago

Something lost in translation... Day of the month.
Dec 11, 2019 1:11 PM

Oct 2018
Rip fam lets be smart next time instead of swallowing the pills for security checks lets hand them out to others less fortunate
Dec 20, 2019 1:38 PM

May 2018
I didn't ever listen to his music, but rip. he was so young... any death is sad :(
Nov 26, 2020 7:50 AM
Nov 2020
Could were lean with codein and promethazine. Former can reason seizure while later depress respiratory. Also could have been xanax which can also reason depressed respiratory and more rarely seizuresreviews. However he was looking to forestall doing tablets so much so in theory it additionally might have been his body going into withdrawls from something.
Nov 26, 2020 9:13 AM
Jul 2018
traed said:

Year late but no. He died of overdose in plain. He had very bad drug problem like most modern hip hops artist/rappers
Nov 26, 2020 9:28 AM

Mar 2008
AmityBlight said:
traed said:

Year late but no. He died of overdose in plain. He had very bad drug problem like most modern hip hops artist/rappers

Not sure why you picked that. I was just pointing out how a lot of his lyrics show he thought he was going to die. Last I read he was in the airport not on the plane at the time. He took a bunch of Xanax because he panicked over feds iirc.
Nov 26, 2020 11:00 AM

Oct 2018
AmityBlight said:
traed said:

quoted the wrong dude fam and damn a dude with 1 post necroed this shit from one year ago lol
Nov 26, 2020 11:44 AM

Feb 2015
Railey2 said:

I blame the fans and the labels, they fuel this kind of stuff.
Nov 26, 2020 8:06 PM

Apr 2020
No way
This is so sad
Can I please get 43 likes?
Jan 18, 2021 4:44 AM
Jun 2020
deg said:
I know right? He should've lived longer.
Jun 23, 2021 11:03 AM
Jun 2021
Rapper Juice WRLD was found dead early Wednesday morning at his home in Lake Zurich, Illinois .TMZ has learned.

The coroner was called to the home around 1 AM when his body was found. He was pronounced dead at the scene, which prompted a hazmat team to be called in.

Sources close to the rapper tell us he died of a suspected drug overdose.

WRLD's real name is Daniel Rozak. He was 21.

A follow-up autopsy is scheduled for Thursday.

WRLD had just released his latest single "Lucid Dreams" just last week.

His reps say they were working on an album but nothing yet.
I am very sad. I loved him so much. I listened his all songs. Especially Juice performed his final ever concert at Festival Hall in Melbourne on November 29th, and his final words to fans have surfaced. I remember his dressing a hoodie he wear a pants, shoes.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.