Forums
New
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Dec 2, 2019 3:59 AM
Manga Moderator
🖤🖤🖤

Sep 2012
@Sekushi_Dhoppio

Hi! If you haven't already please join the MAL Discord and once you're in just post a message in #General or mention Kineta to get added to the elf channel :)

thanks to my lovely Secret Elf Santa
for the forum set~
(*’∀’人)♥
Dec 2, 2019 4:35 PM

Apr 2016
Still anime after all
Dec 3, 2019 6:07 PM
Oct 2019
Yes please!
Dec 3, 2019 7:52 PM
Dec 2019
Anime is life
Dec 3, 2019 9:30 PM
Aug 2017
Min-Max length (episodes/volumes): Does not matter until content is good
Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Shounen Seinen Drama Fantasy Supernatural
Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Harem
Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): No restrictions
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): No
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 96
Does your list include everything you've seen (except childhood anime)?: Yes
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Vibs02
Dec 4, 2019 8:22 AM

Mar 2010
Vibs02 said:
Min-Max length (episodes/volumes): Does not matter until content is good
Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Shounen Seinen Drama Fantasy Supernatural
Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Harem
Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): No restrictions
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): No
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 96
Does your list include everything you've seen (except childhood anime)?: Yes
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Vibs02

Hello, please sign up in the thread Kineta posted!! Or you will miss the event :(
Dec 4, 2019 12:53 PM

Jan 2014
Would love to join as elf as well ^^
“𝔄 𝔣𝔩𝔬𝔴𝔢𝔯 𝔠𝔞𝔫'𝔱 𝔠𝔥𝔬𝔬𝔰𝔢 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔭𝔩𝔞𝔠𝔢 𝔴𝔥𝔢𝔯𝔢 𝔦𝔱 𝔟𝔩𝔬𝔬𝔪𝔰, 
𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔞 𝔠𝔥𝔦𝔩𝔡 𝔠𝔞𝔫'𝔱 𝔠𝔥𝔬𝔬𝔰𝔢 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔭𝔞𝔯𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔰 𝔰𝔥𝔢'𝔰 𝔟𝔬𝔯𝔫 𝔱𝔬”
~𝔈𝔯𝔷𝔞 𝔖𝔠𝔞𝔯𝔩𝔢𝔱

Dec 4, 2019 7:17 PM
Case is closed!

Jan 2019
Yay! I joined anime and manga recommendations. I'm looking forward to seeing my Santa's choice!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 5, 2019 1:29 AM
Dec 2019
Thanks for good information.
Dec 5, 2019 7:17 AM
Jun 2019
I am a new user at mal so I don't really know what's going on. Can anyone help me out?
Dec 5, 2019 6:12 PM
Dec 2019
Hello
Dec 5, 2019 8:34 PM

Mar 2010
Ascalio said:
I am a new user at mal so I don't really know what's going on. Can anyone help me out?

The definition of Secret Santa is also in Kineta's post. If you have any specific questions. Please feel free to ask.

The process of this event broken down.
Dec 6, 2019 6:41 AM

Aug 2015
How does anime recommendation work ? Will I have to buy the disk or its just a recommendation
Dec 6, 2019 7:07 AM

May 2009
SkaiderIS said:
How does anime recommendation work ? Will I have to buy the disk or its just a recommendation

Don't worry, it's just a recommendation. You need to try the one you'll receive, but you don't need to buy anything. :)
Dec 6, 2019 7:14 AM

Aug 2015
Thank you for clarifying it to me! @DeadlyRaven
Dec 6, 2019 1:06 PM

May 2013
I'd love to help as an Elf with images or recommendations

Dec 6, 2019 5:20 PM

May 2009
ChocoPuni said:
Why did the elves send me 4 private messages? :O

If you sign up for the three events then you receive three messages, but you only have to fill up the form once. If you receive a fourth message then it's possible there was a mistake in one of the previous ones or maybe they wanted to clarify something with you.
Dec 6, 2019 8:06 PM

Nov 2019
i've been sign in but i just hesitant which is match for a newbie like me . tell me which one is good for newbie for sign. :D

Dec 6, 2019 9:09 PM

Mar 2018
Ok i am new to this thing, do i have to buy or pay for something? what is this gift i am sending?
My Candies 2023:
Dec 6, 2019 9:34 PM
Jul 2012
to participate do I have to post here? Or only via discord?
Dec 6, 2019 10:05 PM

May 2009
Shinah said:

Sorry Shinah, we don't accept more elves for now, but I would encourage you to join the santa channel on Discord (?join Santa in #bot-spam). We might need your help later~

ScorpioMilo_ said:
i've been sign in but i just hesitant which is match for a newbie like me . tell me which one is good for newbie for sign. :D

All the events are fine for newbies, don't worry about it. You haven't read a ton of manga so it might be hard for you to recommend one so that event might be out for you.

wwll2soldier22 said:
Ok i am new to this thing, do i have to buy or pay for something? what is this gift i am sending?

Don't worry about it, there's no need to buy or pay for anything.
You can sign up for three events:
- Anime Recommendations: Give and receive an anime recommendation.
- Manga Recommendations: Give and receive a manga recommendation.
- Images: Make a custom-made/shopped image (avatar or forum set for example) for someone. It depends on what your secret santa is asking for then you also receive one. This event is beginner friendly so don't worry about being good or bad with image editing. You can even use online tools.

All the information and the links to sign up to these events are in the first post. :)

k4cilda said:
to participate do I have to post here? Or only via discord?

First, you need to pick which event/s you want to participate in.
- Images: Make a custom-made/shopped image (avatar or forum set for example) for someone. It depends on what your secret santa is asking for then you also receive one. This event is beginner friendly so don't worry about being good or bad with image editing. You can even use online tools.

The links to the sign-up threads are in the first post so you can just click on the one/s you're interested in and follow the instructions there.
You don't have to join the Discord server to participate, but feel free to join us there too! :D
DeadlyRavenDec 6, 2019 10:09 PM
Dec 6, 2019 10:14 PM

Mar 2018
Ok i will give it a shot
My Candies 2023:
Dec 7, 2019 3:12 AM

May 2016
Been here for 4 years still can't figure out these events I wish they were written in a
simple manner for simple people like me.
Dec 7, 2019 11:23 AM

May 2013
DeadlyRaven said:
Shinah said:

Sorry Shinah, we don't accept more elves for now, but I would encourage you to join the santa channel on Discord (?join Santa in #bot-spam). We might need your help later~

Okay, I joined, thanks uwu

Dec 7, 2019 7:30 PM
Nov 2019
Lightlawleit said:
I don't get it. How does it work ?

yeh how does it work??
Dec 7, 2019 8:19 PM

May 2009
Raizel said:
Been here for 4 years still can't figure out these events I wish they were written in a
simple manner for simple people like me.

IJMB said:
Lightlawleit said:
I don't get it. How does it work ?

yeh how does it work??

Well, you two can pick between these three events here:

After picking one (or more) event, you just have to sign up in the sign up threads. They're linked in the first post of this thread just below the "How to join" section. After that, you just have to follow the instructions in the sign up thread. You'll have to copy the code after "How to sign up" then you paste it in your reply and answer the questions. If you want to sign up for more than one, you'll need to do that again in the other sign up thread/s. Then you just have to wait for one of the elf to contact you and confirm that you still want to participate.

Last steps are to prepare the gift for your secret santa and receive your own gift. :)

The deadline to sign up is Sunday, Dec 8, 23:59 PST so you'll need to decide quickly if you want to participate!

Dec 8, 2019 2:02 AM

May 2018
Interested!
Dec 8, 2019 5:46 AM
Oct 2017
Both of the recommendation events seem interesting, but I'm worried I will not have a good enough number of things to be able to recommend anyone, which one would be the best for me (sorry for bothering ahah) ?
Dec 8, 2019 6:23 AM

Jul 2009
Cristal_Amekaze said:
Both of the recommendation events seem interesting, but I'm worried I will not have a good enough number of things to be able to recommend anyone, which one would be the best for me (sorry for bothering ahah) ?

You seem to have a good amount of series completed for anime and manga, so no harm in joining both :^)

I3adr said:
Hello!
I have one question : There are lots of users...but exactly whom should I give the gift to? and when?
Sorry for bothering and thanks.

You'll receive your recipient by December 13. You have one week to create the gift, so the deadline is December 21.

The gift should be sent via PM to the Elf you've been receiving instructions from.
SkittlesDec 8, 2019 12:24 PM
Dec 8, 2019 11:49 AM

Sep 2014
Hello!
I have one question : There are lots of users...but exactly whom should I give the gift to? and when?
Dec 8, 2019 12:48 PM

May 2009
I3adr said:
Hello!

The elves will pick a recipient and a secret santa for you. You should receive a pm from them to confirm that you still want to participate then they will send you your recipient on December 13th.
Dec 8, 2019 2:41 PM

Jan 2019
Here I am, procrastinating as usual and trying to decide whether I should join the event or not. I’ll probably join the manga event, and maybe anime too, (time to update my list with all the shows I started watching and haven’t finished yet.), but the one I’m unsure on is the image editing one. I use Amino a lot, which has a large editing community, and I’ve done a lot of edits there, but I’m not sure how that translate into whether I’d be good at editing stuff for MAL or not, since I’ve never done one for it before.
Dec 8, 2019 5:36 PM

May 2009
Penguinfangirl said:
Here I am, procrastinating as usual and trying to decide whether I should join the event or not. I’ll probably join the manga event, and maybe anime too, (time to update my list with all the shows I started watching and haven’t finished yet.), but the one I’m unsure on is the image editing one. I use Amino a lot, which has a large editing community, and I’ve done a lot of edits there, but I’m not sure how that translate into whether I’d be good at editing stuff for MAL or not, since I’ve never done one for it before.

The time limit is tonight at 23:59 PST so you'll have to decide quickly. ^^;

Hmm, I know the app, but I'm not sure how it works. If you can resize a picture to a certain size and upload the image somewhere in a jpg or png format then I don't see why not. Examples for the size:

* Profile picture = the picture you upload to your profile (225 x 350px)
* About me = a big image that you can embed in the "about me" section on your profile (max. width 800px)
* Forum avatar = the picture you upload to appear on the forum (100 x 125px)
* Forum signature = the horizontal image that appears below your forum posts (max. 600 x 150px, 300kb)
Dec 8, 2019 5:38 PM

Jan 2019
DeadlyRaven said:
Penguinfangirl said:

The time limit is tonight at 23:59 PST so you'll have to decide quickly. ^^;

Hmm, I know the app, but I'm not sure how it works. If you can resize a picture to a certain size and upload the image somewhere in a jpg or png format then I don't see why not. Examples for the size:

* Profile picture = the picture you upload to your profile (225 x 350px)
* About me = a big image that you can embed in the "about me" section on your profile (max. width 800px)
* Forum avatar = the picture you upload to appear on the forum (100 x 125px)
* Forum signature = the horizontal image that appears below your forum posts (max. 600 x 150px, 300kb)

Those are smaller than the standard Amino sizes, but they sound doable, so I guess I’ll apply for that too then.
Dec 9, 2019 8:45 AM
Nov 2019
greatt
Dec 9, 2019 2:20 PM

Jun 2019
I have a question. So with the Secret Santa are we recommending a single anime title/series or do we have to recommend multiple types of anime based on what they want. I was also wondering if there are any resources available to help me if I'm unable to find an anime for them (I don't want them to feel left out).
Dec 9, 2019 3:04 PM

Mar 2010
CamelWhistle904 said:
I have a question. So with the Secret Santa are we recommending a single anime title/series or do we have to recommend multiple types of anime based on what they want. I was also wondering if there are any resources available to help me if I'm unable to find an anime for them (I don't want them to feel left out).

Hey! There is no limit to amount of series you may recommend but you will only have to have one recommendation.

Also, a bulky explanation is required for your main recommendation over the extra recommendations(if you choose to do so). A example of the gift which you can use as a guideline, as your probably know, is in the sign up thread.

Yes of course! If you need help, feel free to send a PM to the Elf that sent you your recipient. The Elves will gladly help you!
Dec 9, 2019 8:46 PM

Aug 2018
I've signed up for the third event. But how do I confirm my participation? I haven't received any confirmation link or something like that yet.
Dec 9, 2019 8:56 PM

May 2009
goodguygreg said:
I've signed up for the third event. But how do I confirm my participation? I haven't received any confirmation link or something like that yet.

You should've received a private message from one of the elves and the link to the form you need to fill should be inside.
Dec 9, 2019 9:14 PM

Feb 2018
DeadlyRaven said:
goodguygreg said:

You should've received a private message from one of the elves and the link to the form you need to fill should be inside.

Just wondering but I signed up for the anime rec event and I haven't gotten a private message with the confirmation link either. Is there anything else I can do like reaching out to one of the elves? I can also just wait until tomorrow to see if I get a message which is totally fine.
Dec 9, 2019 9:36 PM

May 2009
@goodguygreg and @TheFlyingOrange
Sorry guys! I've checked with the elves and it seems like you didn't receive the message. You should have received it now.
Dec 9, 2019 11:00 PM

Aug 2018
DeadlyRaven said:
Sorry guys! I've checked with the elves and it seems like you didn't receive the message. You should have received it now.
Yeah, I got it now. Thanks!
Dec 10, 2019 3:54 AM

Feb 2018
DeadlyRaven said:
Thank you so much! I got it as well.
Dec 11, 2019 5:15 AM

Apr 2017
Uhh I signed for Anime and Manga edition and sent my form in time but today I've received a mex saying that I've passed the deadline without sending it.

What should I do?
Dec 11, 2019 6:17 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Kuro_Neko04 said:
Uhh I signed for Anime and Manga edition and sent my form in time but today I've received a mex saying that I've passed the deadline without sending it.

What should I do?
We got your re-confirmation! Sorry, it seems a distracted elf marked you as confirmed on Anime, but not Manga. Everything is good now, no need to worry.
Dec 11, 2019 6:59 AM

Apr 2017
Kineta said:
Kuro_Neko04 said:

What should I do?
We got your re-confirmation! Sorry, it seems a distracted elf marked you as confirmed on Anime, but not Manga. Everything is good now, no need to worry.

Thank you!
Dec 11, 2019 3:21 PM
May 2017
I know it's most likely too late for this year, but I was advised in the Discord to leave a reply. If you suddenly need help with writing recommendations for people whose santa's didn't send them anything, I would like to help out. I haven't undergone any training and as I said, I know it's technically too late for this year, but I was advised to leave a comment here just in case anyways. Better safe than sorry. Thank you for the work you do!
Dec 11, 2019 5:43 PM

Aug 2018
I did send a confirmation application but looks like they missed it somehow? I got a message saying I didn’t send one, which I am assuming means that there was an error. I sent another one, but if possible. I would like to know what happens in these kinds of situations.
Maloween 2020 candies

Main candies:

Dec 13, 2019 1:08 AM
May 2017
How will i receive username for anime recommendation?
Dec 13, 2019 1:35 AM

Jul 2009
freakgeek said:
How will i receive username for anime recommendation?

You'll receive your recipient hopefully by tomorrow or the day after from the Elf who contacted you for the sign-ups.
SkittlesDec 13, 2019 3:08 AM
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kineta - Feb 23

197 by Avengerlight »»
6 hours ago

» Heavenly Easter Delusion: Devil and Dolce ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Mar 27

3339 by Stony8669 »»
8 hours ago

» New Site Update: Peak Anime 🗻 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Mar 31

211 by Kauam_ »»
Yesterday, 8:37 AM

» MAL Game "Fantasy Anime League" Opens for Spring 2024 ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - Mar 17

144 by The_real_maomao »»
Apr 9, 4:26 PM

» English Titles Added to Desktop; Moving Towards a Romanized/English Toggle ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - Feb 12, 2020

121 by Vaturna »»
Apr 4, 5:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.