Forum Settings
Forums

There is Already Shortage for Kimetsu no Yaiba Volume 18 Before Release Date!

New
Dec 3, 2019 3:24 AM

Mar 2015
https://twitter.com/WSJ_manga/status/1201818911643250688

Kimetsu no Yaiba Volume 18 is being sold early in some stores and it's already getting sold out.

'The first shipment of Kimetsu no Yaiba Volume 18 is already sold out due to its amazing reception'.

The sign also says that the next batch of copies will be arriving on 18th December.

Stores are asking people to only buy 1 copy of Kimetsu no Yaiba Volume 18 in order to avoid this situation, and they won't let buy any more than that.

This is due to people buying a bunch of copies in order to collect every card that's being used as a promotion for the release of the volume.

New reprints have been scheduled:

12/18 Kimetsu no Yaiba 18
12/23 Kimetsu no Yaiba 1~17
12/25 Jujutsu Kaisen 1~7
12/25 Jujutsu Kaisen 0

Yes, Kimetsu no Yaiba Volume 18 got reprints scheduled even before volume is out in stores. Jesus this is hilarious.

oh boy, there is still even more sales, WTF.
KumaDec 3, 2019 3:50 AM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Dec 3, 2019 6:16 AM

Sep 2018
It's really strange that Gotouge wants to end this so badly with such a massive popularity.
It's almost like a sequel is on the way...
Jolyne Kuujou + Steel Ball Run Universe = Billie Eillish
Dec 3, 2019 7:36 AM
Jan 2019
chair-sama said:
It's really strange that Gotouge wants to end this so badly with such a massive popularity.
because she knows the quality will only drop down if the story drags on.It's always better for a series to give proper ending instead of dragging it.
Dec 3, 2019 8:10 AM

May 2019
chair-sama said:
Better end it now than to introduce ancient demon gods that orchestrated the entire plot in order to kill "The Chosen One" Tanjiro Kamado who was chosen by Mayans and Incas to be the next "Demon Slayer" and introduce a new set of uninteresting villains to extend the story for about 300 chapters.
Dec 3, 2019 11:11 AM

Sep 2018
Subhankar said:
because she knows the quality will only drop down if the story drags on.It's always better for a series to give proper ending instead of dragging it.
Kobayasan said:
Better end it now than to introduce ancient demon gods that orchestrated the entire plot in order to kill "The Chosen One" Tanjiro Kamado who was chosen by Mayans and Incas to be the next "Demon Slayer" and introduce a new set of uninteresting villains to extend the story for about 300 chapters.

I totally agree with you guys, and even though I don't like this series, it's kind of a let down that this manga is ending at it's peak popularity.
Dec 3, 2019 4:35 PM

Mar 2015
chair-sama said:

there is 0 official source saying knY will end anytime soon, or at least in this arc.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Dec 3, 2019 4:36 PM

Oct 2013
I told op fans that kimetsu will most likely top the group next year as well, since backlog boost last atleast for 2 years, sometimes even more and it doesn't look like its drying up anytime soon, this look like a another 1 million per volume series.
Dec 3, 2019 6:16 PM
Oct 2019
If I were Ufotable's producers, I would take advantage of this hype and release the movie as soon as possible. The sooner the movie is released (Jan or Feb of 2020), the cheaper the marketing campaigns cost because people extremely pay attention on the series now. The anime industry is quite competitive with too many on-going giants and potential newcomers; hence, using this opportunity will boost the reputation of both the company and the series.

Unfortunately, it takes time to make a quality anime and we do not know which stage of production the movie is right now. Besides, I guess Ufotable needs to deal with theaters for premiere schedules, too.
Dec 4, 2019 10:21 AM

Sep 2018
Kuma said:
chair-sama said:

there is 0 official source saying knY will end anytime soon, or at least in this arc.

Well yeah, there isn't any clear statement that the manga is ending, and instead shueisha give us hints, so we can assume that its ending, like for example this picture from like 3 weeks ago:

All stars align that this manga is ending.
Dec 4, 2019 10:27 AM

Jan 2009
to me this arc is the final one too since lots of characters are dying anyway

and nice will Demon Slayer reach 100 million copies in circulation like Attack on Titan though? lol i doubt it but who knows since it reach 20 millions copies in circulation so fast
Dec 4, 2019 10:48 AM

Oct 2013
chair-sama said:

I still believe it won't end that fast and a sequel manga will appear eventually to conclude the story of Tanjirou and his friends.
Dec 4, 2019 10:53 AM

Jan 2009
that 5-toubun no hanayome manga just stated that their manga will end in the next volume or there is like 10 chapters left for it but its a very popular manga that even beaten Attack on Titan sales this year, and that kind of sudden annoucement is common in japan manga i think so Demon Slayer will be no different

i like it for it to end with the defeat of Muzan in this current arc rather than drag out the story for the sake of profit but ye manga is a business/capitalism so who knows
Dec 4, 2019 7:42 PM

Mar 2015
chair-sama said:
Kuma said:

Well yeah, there isn't any clear statement that the manga is ending, and instead shueisha give us hints, so we can assume that its ending, like for example this picture from like 3 weeks ago:

All stars align that this manga is ending.

those are mangaplus editor words, not KnY editor neither author words. this has been repeated again since the start of infinity fortress arc. the correct translation is "decisive battle". all of other mentioned about final/ending arc is always has been misleading translation.

if there is no announcement about "final arc/chapter volume countdown" like any other non axed jump series ending (most recent haikyuu, hinomaru zumou, saiki, assclass), always take it with the grain of salt. they had the chance to announced final arc in the start of this arc or at the start muzan fight as they got cover page but author choose not to.

deg said:
that 5-toubun no hanayome manga just stated that their manga will end in the next volume or there is like 10 chapters left for it but its a very popular manga that even beaten Attack on Titan sales this year, and that kind of sudden annoucement is common in japan manga i think so Demon Slayer will be no different

i like it for it to end with the defeat of Muzan in this current arc rather than drag out the story for the sake of profit but ye manga is a business/capitalism so who knows

the last time jump ever pull this bullshit is Slam Dunk when they announced ending 3 chapter before last chapter. author has to informed Shueisha 6 month in advance if they want to end the series. usually they will put it at the same time with anniv or something and for tankubon counting. author can't just "ending" it.
KumaDec 4, 2019 7:46 PM
Dec 4, 2019 7:48 PM

Mar 2015
don't get me wrong. i personally WOULD LOVE the series to end in this fight because it left in very high note. the problem is what people throw around is not factual source which bug me off. tho i would gald if i proven wrong, becaue that mean KnY become the next slam dunk.
Dec 6, 2019 2:18 AM
Jul 2009
Elvarth said:
If I were Ufotable's producers, I would take advantage of this hype and release the movie as soon as possible. The sooner the movie is released (Jan or Feb of 2020), the cheaper the marketing campaigns cost because people extremely pay attention on the series now. The anime industry is quite competitive with too many on-going giants and potential newcomers; hence, using this opportunity will boost the reputation of both the company and the series.

Unfortunately, it takes time to make a quality anime and we do not know which stage of production the movie is right now. Besides, I guess Ufotable needs to deal with theaters for premiere schedules, too.

They already have fate heavens feel final movie scheduled for february 2020, so there's also that
Dec 11, 2019 8:46 PM

Jan 2009
Japan loves this manga so much wtf

Kimetsu no Yaiba 18 sold 950.829 copies in first week. WHAT A FUCKING MONSTER.
My Hero Academia 25 in the same time for the first week sold 304.932 copies.
https://twitter.com/kiwbvi/status/1204951374494097408

source for the graph https://twitter.com/TwtOtaku_My/status/1204951555981471744
degDec 11, 2019 9:16 PM
Dec 11, 2019 8:55 PM

Oct 2013
deg said:

Yep it is definitely a million seller now, will probably surpass snk current per volume sales, next year. Which I wont lie is kinda sad for me as a fan, but its good to see another series getting lots of love.

Dec 11, 2019 9:04 PM

Jan 2009
@keragamming

it still might not surpass the total 100 million sales of Attack on Titan though because it feels like the Demon Slayer manga is about to end next year
Dec 11, 2019 10:57 PM

Mar 2015
deg said:

source for the graph https://twitter.com/TwtOtaku_My/status/1204951555981471744

also it need to be noted that the sales is not over yet. it slowed down after first 3 days because ANOTHER SHORTAGE! reprent scheduled for 18 december.

people on manganimy discord is not discussing if it's surpass 1 million or not anymore. they discuss the possibility it will sales 1.5 million, considering volume 1 still sales 70K this week. to surpass assclass, and naruto.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2016

8 by heyyitsaj1 »»
Feb 22, 5:29 AM

Poll: » NO SPOILERS How different is the Manga to this anime compared to the Anime?

Lost_Hearts - Jan 14

16 by Loops007 »»
Jan 17, 5:49 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 207 Discussion

Cauliflawer - Jan 30, 2021

35 by kirubaprabagaran »»
Jan 13, 11:00 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 174 Discussion

PrideRoyalIvy - Sep 12, 2019

32 by kirubaprabagaran »»
Jan 10, 7:54 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 40 Discussion

Chrollium - Nov 28, 2016

16 by Iirmaodosarabes »»
Dec 23, 2023 6:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.