Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 30, 2019 7:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, Gabriel has no moral sense anymore in this show. Anyways, Alice finds out more about the truth about a Priestess of Light.

I'd say this episode was an important development in this arc. Can't say I'm too surprised by Gabriel showing more of his true colors. There was always something sinister about him. So much emotions going through Alice this episode.
Nov 30, 2019 7:26 AM

Nov 2007
A Wolf saw who released that attack and said she's light miko. He got killed by her, though. Ishida-san's character's name's mentioned.

The witch happy that Ishida-san's character allowing her to use the injured soldiers of their side... just to use the same attack Alice girl did.

Alice girl volunteered to use what she heard to try to get into the enemy side. Suwabe-san's character agreed, but he will be joining as the part of the soldiers to accompany her.

The knight who constantly show worry for Alice girl and not among those accompanying her sacrificed for that same power. He tried until getting to negative numbers.

She introduced herself, so Ishida-san's character is excited that he found her.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 30, 2019 8:59 AM
Feb 2017
So Asuna does not have any intention to Enter or what ? e.e
it has been 3 Episodes +++
Nov 30, 2019 9:07 AM
Sep 2019
Imohammed206 said:

Asuna will be on episode 10 or 11
Nov 30, 2019 9:13 AM

Feb 2019
What a week! My top review for WOU on MAL got shared on their facebook page on Monday because mine and the second review are polar opposites. 10/10 vs 1/10. Glad to see this season the hateboner for the series in the west is finally getting called out.

My God this episode left me with an erection, plz send help. Eldrie went out like a fucking G. I loved the shot of the fluctlight going out, further emphasizing that these are not just NPC's, these are real humans with souls. This isn't a game. The contrast between Dee Eye El sacrificing her girls at the end with ease and Lil being broken at seeing his lover and 3k of his people die for nothing, tragic. Alice's revenge at the end was bonechilling, absolute Godtier waifu. Vol 23 coming out in a couple weeks and vol 18 for the english speakers as well, exciting times.

Only thing I would've liked to have seen in this ep that we didn't was Dee actually initially being hesitant in the LN to sacrifice so many people.
Nov 30, 2019 9:15 AM

Aug 2013
Deaths and destructions continues in this episode.
RIP Eldrie. :(

I feel bad for the orcs being sacrificed for nothings.

Nov 30, 2019 9:28 AM

Dec 2014
Pretty good episode.

R.I.P Eldrie, at least he went out with his head held up high. Alice decimating the opposition after that was awesome.

Looks like Gabriel finally found his target, Alice. Looking forward to see what crazy stuff he will pull, cause he's obviously gonna do something crazy.
Nov 30, 2019 9:34 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Despite his borderline arrogance its nice to see Eldrie realise his error and admit it. Despite being on opposing sides the races of darkness are not so dissimilar to humans in their desires. Alice's release of the ogre chief's soul though was a nice gesture. Given Vector's interest in Alice she will be a potent decoy but without enough protection she'll be easy prey so having Bercouli along was a nice idea. The Orc's sacrifice to fuel the dark mages spell though sure was tragic. The spell that they created though sure was a powerful that could have had dire consequences for the knights if Eldrie didn't intervene though to his great cost. Alice's ravaging of the mages while satisfying also showed just how enraged she is that the war has claimed another friend of hers. Overall an excellent ep that while less action heavy than the previous eps were did an excellent job at showing how the battle itself is faring after the repulse of the first waves as well as the moves that both sides are making in light of new intel. RIP Eldrie though you were annoying at times when it counted the most you fought to the bitter end to protect those dearest to you. Now that Vector knows about Alice he will be sure to take the bait but question is with how many troops.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 30, 2019 10:06 AM
Jun 2014
Asuna's absence for this many episodes is ridiculous. Waiting for Asuna is like running through the grass for a legendary Pokemon or rolling a gatcha machine with a 1% drop rate for good rewards.
Nov 30, 2019 10:08 AM
Jan 2018
GurenNoOu said:
Imohammed206 said:

GurenNoOu said:
Imohammed206 said:

Oof, as an Asuna fan, I'm sad to see this :'(
Nov 30, 2019 10:18 AM

Jun 2017
That episode fired me up. 5/5
Signature.
Nov 30, 2019 10:20 AM

Jan 2009
welp another one bites the dust there along with 3000 plus thousands of those dark mages babes

Jogan6 said:
Eldrie's scene was great, and very well animated. And does anyone know who pushed him when he was going to die?

her mothers spirit obviously
Nov 30, 2019 10:21 AM
Sep 2019
Jogan6 said:
Eldrie's scene was great, and very well animated. And does anyone know who pushed him when he was going to die?
its eugeo s s spirit who pushed him
Nov 30, 2019 10:24 AM

May 2019
At this slow pace, Asuna's entry is going to be the final cliffhanger of the season.

What is ridiculous, since her "entry" in underworldo (at least in Kirito's vision) was the cliffhanger of the previous season.

Anyway, next episode we will be presented to another random unknown (until now) knight.

Nov 30, 2019 10:28 AM
Feb 2009
sheesh rip Elderie and the 3000 orc lives too, Alice announcing she's the priestess of light yo Asuna where you at girl we gonna need back up soon!!
Nov 30, 2019 10:29 AM

Oct 2017
Man this was intense. RIP Eldrie he fought to protect Alice till the end, he even made his hp go negative. Thou I wonder who's hand that was. The one that pushed his back, maybe Kirito's I guess.
Nov 30, 2019 10:47 AM
Anime Cat

Aug 2017
I thought the Dark Mage leader is gonna killed when she beg for mercy from Emperor Vecta. But she was given 3000 orc lives, instead. Well, bad choice, Emperor. You give them to wrong person.

Respect for Eldrie. He already do his bestest T_T
Nov 30, 2019 11:09 AM
Feb 2017
GurenNoOu said:
Imohammed206 said:

Yeah before they said it will be the end of ep 8 or beginning of 9
So what made it 10 or 11 now ??
Did the studio add some kind of filler ??
Nov 30, 2019 11:10 AM
Sep 2018
MegamiRem said:
Thou I wonder who's hand that was. The one that pushed his back, maybe Kirito's I guess.

ot looked like Eugeo's
Nov 30, 2019 11:17 AM

May 2019
Hey RATH, why is Alice so special?

Let'me guess: that is because, from absolutely nowhere, now she manages to freely manipulate human souls, emulate genki dama ray lasers, call dracarys and maybe even create life.

- It is because she can... broke rules.

U don't say!

---

pff, im kidding, it is because she was granted with harem privileges by plot God.
Nov 30, 2019 11:21 AM

Sep 2014
Dat booty, nice camera angles hehe.
Eldrie went out like a boss at least good job.
Nov 30, 2019 11:30 AM

Aug 2012
Those poor orcs got sacrified for nothing.
Nov 30, 2019 11:49 AM

Feb 2013
Rob7 said:
At this slow pace, Asuna's entry is going to be the final cliffhanger of the season.

What is ridiculous, since her "entry" in underworldo (at least in Kirito's vision) was the cliffhanger of the previous season.

Anyway, next episode we will be presented to another random unknown (until now) knight.

She didn't enter on the last season. She only entered episodes ago and after the antagonists.

Rob7 said:

Let'me guess: that is because, from absolutely nowhere, now she manages to freely manipulate human souls, emulate genki dama ray lasers, call dracarys and maybe even create life.

U don't say!

---

pff, im kidding, it is because she was granted with harem privileges by plot God.

The part you forget is that she can only do all of that into Underworld, not in the real world where she would be just a android.
Imohammed206 said:
GurenNoOu said:

Yeah before they said it will be the end of ep 8 or beginning of 9
So what made it 10 or 11 now ??
Did the studio add some kind of filler ??

Asuna is going to appear still on this season, probably at the end of ep 9. And no they didn't put filler, what's there is basically what happened, even if they cut out many parts of the story including backstories, internal monologues and things that gave more context to characters and such, which is normal in LN adaptations I guess.
Nov 30, 2019 11:53 AM

Jun 2014
Still no Asuna. T___T If she appears in the last episode I will be angry.

Good episode. Poor chief of the ogres (werewolves?). He wants them to return to the grasslands and live like they did before this war. Poor chief of the orcs too. He has to look at his lover(?) sister(?) and 3000 people being sacrifices as fuel for the dark spell. Vector and Dee Eye Ell are monsters.

Nice sacrifice by Eldrie. I didn't really care about him, but he was really cool here, protecting Alice and going all out. I wonder whose hand it was that gave him a push when his life was depleted (Kiritos or Eugeos)? It was nice he remembered his mom at the end. And Alice going into rage over his death and annihilating the dark mages felt so good.

Alice is gonna act as a decoy. Nice strategy by Bercouli. Just that, 4 Integrity knights out of 7 went as decoy, and Eldrie dies, so only 2 are left, what can they do on their own? ^^; Let's hope most of the bad guys go after Alice (and that Asuna also appears there), so the poor guys who are left with only 2 Integrity knights don't get massacred.
Waiting for Gundam SEED Movie..... (ಥ‿ಥ)

Waiting for Sailor Moon Cosmos..... o(≧▽≦)o
Nov 30, 2019 11:55 AM

Oct 2018
Alice is going to be the MAD QUEEN.....
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Nov 30, 2019 12:11 PM

May 2016
Damn it Elduire You only saw your mother shadow in Alice.

Another Cruel episode for both sides suffered quite a lot. that bitch gonna do some dirty trick.
Nov 30, 2019 12:13 PM

May 2016
Rob7 said:

U don't say!

---

Joke aside do you watched the previous season? I don't focus on every detail but I can say that her sword can absorb those souls (it was granted by the Administrator) when she was Synthesiased.
Nov 30, 2019 12:16 PM
May 2017
Eugeo was like : "Hi Eldrie, you like Alice too? Then let's die together"

Honestly i don't even give a damn about Eldrie. He's one of my least fav character.
Nov 30, 2019 12:17 PM
Feb 2017
Still bothers me that Eldrie was actually able to push himself beyond what he can endure. I understand the message, but I unlike those rage modes we’ve seen with that giant orc(?) and that one dark knight it’s like they unlocked a special transformation, unlike Eldrie who basically just cheats the entire system.
Nov 30, 2019 12:24 PM
Sep 2018
Fricking ugly war cry. Always hit me hard
Rip Eldrie
Nov 30, 2019 12:24 PM

May 2019
How many is the population of the Dark Territory btw?

The human land has 80,000 people if i am not wrong, so... just the hordes gathered by Vector was 50,000? Almost the entire "white human"* population. So, how many fuructolaitos are missing there?

*japanese subtle racism: dark territory, for only dark coloured skin people, who are not "human", even some part being exactly human.

ok, it is not even subtle.
Nov 30, 2019 12:34 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
wew this was great.

I actually felt pretty bad for the orcs sacrificed and I'm pretty sad Eldrie is gone. I give him props for doing what he did.

Now Gabriel has seen Alice, I wonder what's gonna happen next.

am very hyped for the next ep

Nov 30, 2019 12:34 PM

Apr 2016
It's a truly amazing episode, wow! Eldrie's part was gorgeous and very impactful, I loved it. I need to rewatch it now!
Nov 30, 2019 12:39 PM

Nov 2014
And I was wondering why orc leader didn't look like a bad guy when they introduced them all. Now I know.
Nov 30, 2019 12:44 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
>Alice kills a couple thousands with a giant laser cannon
>They retaliate by killing one person

Alice: "How dare you? You're going to pay!"

>She then proceeds to kill tons more

Just what on earth are these double standards lol
Nov 30, 2019 12:54 PM
Nov 2019
MegamiRem said:
Man this was intense. RIP Eldrie he fought to protect Alice till the end, he even made his hp go negative. Thou I wonder who's hand that was. The one that pushed his back, maybe Kirito's I guess.
it was Eugeo’s because of the blue sleeve
Nov 30, 2019 12:58 PM
Jul 2019
Man, I kinda feel bad for those witches that got burned by Alic's special attack, but then again see Dee Eye Ell's ass was something else
Nov 30, 2019 1:02 PM

May 2019
HaXXspetten said:

Or 9/11 compared to any other war involving US elsewhere
Nov 30, 2019 1:15 PM

Apr 2015
I feel so bad for that orc leader, I had a feeling a large scale sacrifice was coming from the dark territory's side, but this was quite harsh for the leader to watch all his men and his love perish like that. If it were me, just put me in there as well.

RIP Eldrie, that looked like a nasty way to go :/ That was really nicely animated and left more of an impact than the previous death.

Gabriel has found his target, I wonder if he'll make a move now.
Nov 30, 2019 1:29 PM

Feb 2013
BlakexEkalb said:
Still bothers me that Eldrie was actually able to push himself beyond what he can endure. I understand the message, but I unlike those rage modes we’ve seen with that giant orc(?) and that one dark knight it’s like they unlocked a special transformation, unlike Eldrie who basically just cheats the entire system.

All of them are using incarnation, but not consciously. They have a very strong will and their cluster is affecting the Underworld in different ways, with Eldrie being able to get alive for a few minutes even with his life as negative before dying. Incarnation won't be a permanent thing, it's something that goes for a few minutes overruling the system, which is why Eldrie didn't survive.

Don't forget that Incarnation is will and imagination given form. Pretty much any instance where the rules of the system are changed by sheer force of will is some sort of incarnation effect. And incarnation is a feature of the seed, which in Underworld it's strongly made as in UW the imagination is what rules that virtual world, while in the games of VRMMORPG it was much more rare to happen due to how different they were.

HaXXspetten said:

Maybe, just maybe, because Eldrie was a dearly person to her.
brzzcodeNov 30, 2019 1:33 PM
Nov 30, 2019 1:36 PM

Oct 2018
I never thought I would say anything like this, but seeing that this season has 7.88 score, I have to say: MAL scores really are full of bullshit.

This is easily the best season of SAO so far, yet its score is still going down. This definitely deserves a score above 8.

People at this point are just down voting just because it is SAO. If this was a new season of anything else, everyone would be like "OMG fucking insane masterpiece 10/10".

Also look at some of those "reviews". Pretty ridiculous NGL.
-Aincrad-Nov 30, 2019 1:41 PM
Nov 30, 2019 1:48 PM
Sep 2011
I agree that it was Eugeo who gave Eldrie a push. There was also a scene around the 16:25 time mark that put Eugeo's sword in the foreground to imply that he was also watching over them. That was right before the moment when Eldrie appears.
Nov 30, 2019 1:59 PM

May 2019
Nemesis16 said:

HaXXspetten said:

The point is: To us, the viwers, he was not.

The anime (the ANIME for the f* sake of God, not the source) is failing to make the audience to share the feelings of the main characters.

I mean, just few episodes ago (previous season), all these knights were pathetic enemies, and now the plot is pushing them over your face, "you must care about them!"

No.

At this moment, my level of sympathy for the knights, except of Alice, is the same for the part of dark hordes who are being forced to be sacrificed in this unbalanced war.

--------------

And the Bercouli is the WORST. Come on, stop of smiling a bit, stop being just chill and cool. It is a war, do show some legit concern.
Rob7Nov 30, 2019 2:11 PM
Nov 30, 2019 2:09 PM

Jul 2017
O damn the Eldrie part was actually not bad, except for the part that he somehow miraculously lived long enough to say goodbye to Alice lol

I could swear the orc part with his wife was longer in the source, pretty sure they skipped a flashback I think

Seems like the Human Territory is absolutely dominating, just wait until we make an appearance to change things around huehuehuehu

Also judging by the title next ep seems to be the one with quiet knight that I thought was gonna happen this ep

Rob7 said:
How many is the population of the Dark Territory btw?

The human land has 80,000 people if i am not wrong, so... just the hordes gathered by Vector was 50,000? Almost the entire "white human"* population. So, how many fuructolaitos are missing there?

*japanese subtle racism: dark territory, for only dark coloured skin people, who are not "human", even some part being exactly human.

ok, it is not even subtle.

idk about total pop. of the dark territory, but Human army is 5,000 troops including the knights and Dark army is 50,000
Short_CircutNov 30, 2019 2:15 PM
Nov 30, 2019 2:16 PM

May 2019
Short_Circut said:

Seems like the Human Territory is absolutely dominating, just wait until we make an appearance to change things around huehuehuehu

Just until the appearance of...
Nov 30, 2019 2:24 PM

Jul 2017
Rob7 said:
Short_Circut said:

Just until the appearance of...

smh the dark territory has to rely on heated gamer moments just to win wars, pathetic
Nov 30, 2019 2:49 PM

Feb 2013
Rob7 said:
Nemesis16 said:

The point is: To us, the viwers, he was not.

The anime (the ANIME for the f* sake of God, not the source) is failing to make the audience to share the feelings of the main characters.

I mean, just few episodes ago (previous season), all these knights were pathetic enemies, and now the plot is pushing them over your face, "you must care about them!"

No.

At this moment, my level of sympathy for the knights, except of Alice, is the same for the part of dark hordes who are being forced to be sacrificed in this unbalanced war.

--------------

And the Bercouli is the WORST. Come on, stop of smiling a bit, stop being just chill and cool. It is a war, do show some legit concern.

Nothing of what you said has anything to do with what I said. I was explaining why Eldrie was important to Alice and why she acted like she did with so much anger even though she killed much more, as he was a important person to her. It had absolutely nothing to do with viewers be it in the original comment I was responding or my comment. Like, what a huge misinterpretation..
brzzcodeNov 30, 2019 2:52 PM
Nov 30, 2019 2:53 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I don't even remember who Eldrie was xD
Nov 30, 2019 2:53 PM
Jan 2018
Imohammed206 said:

The time in UW os 1000x faster than reality. Asuna is preparing herself with medicals, eletroids and when she is ready, she will enter in STL machine.
In reality 10 minutes
in UW, 16 hours maybe...

so we will se at least 16 hours of combat in UW then Asuna will join the battle
Nov 30, 2019 3:08 PM

Feb 2015
SAO is really trying hard to appeal to emotions of the viewers, first with the Knight Lady, then this Wolf Guy, then the Orc Lady and now Eldrie. It all fits perfectly well from a story standpoint, but I didn't find it emotionally impactful.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2019

261 by futurelemon »»
Yesterday, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2019

193 by RicFie »»
Apr 13, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Favorite SAO couple? [Spoilers]

Kazu-chan-san - Feb 17

7 by Zarutaku »»
Feb 17, 10:24 AM

» why do people like alice? ( 1 2 )

JoshMan - Oct 23, 2019

72 by DiamSilver »»
Feb 5, 10:18 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2019

160 by dilaxd »»
Jan 17, 1:30 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.