Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 14, 2019 11:55 PM
Jun 2016
I want to search for anime marked as "slice of life" but not marked as "romance". I can't do that. It's something really basic and I should be able to do that.

I'm going to search for it on anime-planet and copy the titles back here, because anime-planet has such a basic feature.
Nov 19, 2019 5:03 AM
Aug 2011
i agree , id like to be able to search more specifics .

at this point why is isekai not a genre by itself instead of being under fantasy lol
Nov 19, 2019 5:50 AM
Jun 2016
pharem94 said:
at this point why is isekai not a genre by itself instead of being under fantasy lol

1. Isekai and fantasy can be pretty similar.
2. Everyone hates isekai.
3. People can't always agree on what's isekai. I'd go so far as to consider Dr. Stone an isekai (although it being a shounen anime through and through holds it back).
4. There aren't actually very many isekai.
Nov 21, 2019 1:03 AM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Agreed, gets difficult to find intriguing shows by specific genres without also seeing the Ecchi tag...
Nov 30, 2019 10:07 AM
Jul 2012
Tenderizer17 said:
pharem94 said:

3. People can't always agree on what's isekai. I'd go so far as to consider Dr. Stone an isekai (although it being a shounen anime through and through holds it back).

I like isekai and would like to be able to search for it. And I am surprised at the small number of them as a genre given that people seem to hate the new trend. Do you know any good ones that I haven't watched?
Nov 30, 2019 10:37 AM
Jun 2016
workinHikikomori said:
Do you know any good ones that I haven't watched?
Your list is private.

And in general this kind of question should be asked on a recommendations thread but all-well.

- That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
- Konosuba
- Log Horizon
- No Game No Life
- Slime Taoshite 300-nen, Shiranai Uchi ni Level Max ni Nattemashita (upcoming)
- Kumo desu ga, Nani ka? (upcoming)
- In Another World with my Smartphone (Finally, an isekai which truly delivers on an OP protagonist (although NGNL and Slime Taoshite 3000-nen do too)).
- Maou-sama Retry (If nothing else, watchable)
- Arifureta (Among one of the very few series which delivers a competent action scene, and I know saying anything positive about this series will ruffle people's feathers).
- Mairimashita Iruma-kun (I mean, technically it's an isekai).

That's about 1/3 to 1/4 of the isekai that exist by my estimates, and all of the good ones unless I'm forgetting something.
Nov 30, 2019 11:42 PM

Aug 2018
There should be an option to filter tags, imo. It'd make it a lot easier for people to search what they want and not have to comb through what they don't. As useful as this site is, it seems to be very behind on basic features like this.
Dec 1, 2019 1:41 PM

Nov 2014
I concur. It's annoying to have to look for shows elsewhere then have to add via title search here.
Quality Queen.
Dec 1, 2019 9:43 PM

Nov 2019
Hard agree, particularly for things like hentai. Being able to search for them by tag would be much easier than searching through names or creators. But even for regular anime searching by genre would be very useful.

Dec 2, 2019 7:00 AM

Jan 2016
Tenderizer17 said:
pharem94 said:

why would you consider Dr. Stone to be an isekai? It's literally the same world just in a different time
Dec 2, 2019 7:22 AM
Jun 2016
RobinTheKing said:
why would you consider Dr. Stone to be an isekai? It's literally the same world just in a different time
Time made it into a different world than the one the protagonist was born in. It escapes the genre of "post-apocalypse" because of the tremendous time that has elapsed. So much time that the former world doesn't even exist in the timeline.

The core premise of an isekai is that someone from modern earth is transferred to a world other than modern earth. Going back in time I could also consider an isekai (provided nobody they knew would be born in their lifetime, so 200 years minimum).

More topics from this board

Poll: » Add list setting to make notes private (on public lists)

S_h_a_r_k_93 - Nov 12, 2022

25 by anonymate »»
Yesterday, 9:57 PM

» Add number of episodes and number of members in the advanced search.

Yacine2104 - Jan 10

8 by Alexioos95 »»
Yesterday, 12:26 PM

» Local Language districts

kuroneko99 - Apr 22

5 by Luchipher-Zen »»
Apr 23, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Change picture of favorite character ( 1 2 )

gehoti2822 - Nov 12, 2022

60 by AgravityBoy »»
Apr 23, 9:09 AM

» Corporate images

Noctisnox - May 15, 2023

19 by himanshi122 »»
Apr 19, 5:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.