Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Nov 29, 2019 5:54 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
BlakexEkalb said:
From what I’ve heard the manga sales didn’t go well so we’ll have to see if a second one will be made.

I’ve been seeing and hearing the same too.

TMS Entertainment have done a really good job with this I reckon, but I suppose it just got the short end of the stick disappointingly.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 29, 2019 5:57 PM

Aug 2019
This was cringy.... Oh so cringy
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 29, 2019 6:35 PM
Jun 2017
what a nice birthday surprise to senku... and for today they become miners... yeah.. love this episode.
Nov 29, 2019 6:36 PM

Oct 2019
Very bromance-y episode

I'm excited to see what they'll use the telescope for (other than looking at the stars, of course)
Nov 29, 2019 7:11 PM
Feb 2017
_MushiRock11_ said:
BlakexEkalb said:
From what I’ve heard the manga sales didn’t go well so we’ll have to see if a second one will be made.

I’ve been seeing and hearing the same too.

TMS Entertainment have done a really good job with this I reckon, but I suppose it just got the short end of the stick disappointingly.

Japanese have trash taste. Arifureta was popular and people loved it, thus S2.
Nov 29, 2019 7:16 PM

Aug 2018
It made me sad Senku ever thought the village planned on selling him to Tsukasa, however I get it 'cause is one easy solution and I honestly think he would not blame them.

And I know it's a thing in Senku to not express his true emotions (Even if we can see them in all his cute eyes) but man, If you want to scream, cry, get angry or say thank you from the bottom of your heart You can do it, Senku. ;n;
Nov 29, 2019 7:33 PM

Jan 2013
What an AMAZING episode!
Senku knew from the beginning that he didn't try to kill him, but he had to act the way he used to do.

Chrome gets the award of the cringiest moment in Dr.Stone ahaha

That ending! Damn, can't believe they built him an observation center! What a birthday present.

Can't believe there are only 2 episodes left :/
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 29, 2019 7:33 PM

Jan 2013
AntonioWux said:
Death Stranding anime adaptation

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA How didn't i see this?!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 29, 2019 8:07 PM

Mar 2018
How does this show managed to make me so emotionnal ?

This ep had a lot great content, from Magma's character development to Senku's birthday. Can't believe it's gonna end in 2 episodes.
Nov 29, 2019 9:38 PM
Aug 2017
This is a very wholesome ep from start to finish lmao, Gen <3
Nov 29, 2019 9:52 PM

Nov 2015
Really hoping for a season 2! This has been a fun ride so far.

On the nitpicky/critical side, does anyone else wonder how all of the science buildings are going to be protected when the inevitable major attack comes? Or honestly why they weren't burned down in the previous battle. It would've been really easy. There's no wall protecting any of that stuff but a few torches could destroy everything in minutes. They should be building a wall. Plus that water wheel...tbh even a low-grade moron attacker could have figured this all out. The Kingdom of Science is extremely vulnerable because all of its actual science is not on those islands.
Nov 29, 2019 11:49 PM
Jan 2018
I know very little about japanese ,but translating "kimochi ga warui" into "that's cringy" feels wrong and cringe.
Nov 29, 2019 11:52 PM
Apr 2014
I can't get enough of Dr.Stone

Nov 30, 2019 1:03 AM
Apr 2018
Just keep one thing in mind, GEN WILL NEVER BETRAY SENKU.
LemonadeYou-kyanNov 30, 2019 1:15 AM
Nov 30, 2019 1:08 AM
Apr 2018
BlakexEkalb said:
_MushiRock11_ said:

Yeah, I had a feeling it was more probable that they’ll be setting it up for a possible season 2. With that said, it’ll be a pity if there’ll be no season 2 after this ;-;

And it also depends on Blu-ray/DVD sales(which didn't sell well).

and fyi, the manga sold over 1,800,000+. Not bad.
Nov 30, 2019 1:10 AM

Feb 2019
CrayonColorLife said:
I know very little about japanese ,but translating "kimochi ga warui" into "that's cringy" feels wrong and cringe.

Why don't you work as a translator then? Translating is more an art than a science. It literally means disgusting, but that's not really the feeling that he's trying to get across.
Nov 30, 2019 1:14 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
BlakexEkalb said:
Japanese have trash taste. Arifureta was popular and people loved it, thus S2.

Well, the Chinese were largely responsible for Arifureta Season 2 as well and my tastes happen to favour the Japanese more so I’ve got mixed feelings on that. Dr. Stone really deserved better though, no doubt.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 30, 2019 1:18 AM
Mar 2019
Man when i saw Senku's face after he legitimately thought they were going to hand him over, THAT part made me drop tears. Not the birthday present. I could just feel his sadness through the screen. And although the birthday present was great and all, i couldn't help but feel bad that Senku still feels like that could happen to him. I don't know maybe i was the only one that felt really sad when that happened.
Nov 30, 2019 2:41 AM

Jul 2016
delta5 said:
Really hoping for a season 2! This has been a fun ride so far.

On the nitpicky/critical side, does anyone else wonder how all of the science buildings are going to be protected when the inevitable major attack comes? Or honestly why they weren't burned down in the previous battle. It would've been really easy. There's no wall protecting any of that stuff but a few torches could destroy everything in minutes. They should be building a wall. Plus that water wheel...tbh even a low-grade moron attacker could have figured this all out. The Kingdom of Science is extremely vulnerable because all of its actual science is not on those islands.

I have really enjoyed the episodes like this where they just pal around.

I really don't care about the upcoming war at all.
Nov 30, 2019 2:47 AM

Nov 2014
thebrentinator24 said:
I have to admit I really did think Gen was up to no good, but it was really heartwarming to see him and the rest of the village do something so thoughtful for Senku. I'm not surprised by how Magma acted in this episode but his attitude seems to have come around and it appears he has had a change of heart so that's nice.

Lol at Senku and Magma's reaction to Chrome's power of friendship speech, that was indeed very cringy. Imagine if Senku and Magma saw Fairy Tail............ xD.
considering Senku's from the present time, I'm pretty sure he has seen, or at least heard of, fairy tail lol
Nov 30, 2019 2:48 AM

Nov 2014
CrayonColorLife said:
it means "feels gross" which is the translation they used in the manga. I think both works.
Nov 30, 2019 5:32 AM

Oct 2018
only two episode left, when is the fight?
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Nov 30, 2019 5:52 AM

Dec 2013
I loved Magma and Senku's reaction, even I was like "Please don't do it Chrome", only 2 more episodes left, would ofc love a S2 but who really knows if it could happen.
Nov 30, 2019 5:55 AM
Jan 2018
Superns18 said:
CrayonColorLife said:

Why don't you work as a translator then? Translating is more an art than a science. It literally means disgusting, but that's not really the feeling that he's trying to get across.

Nah ,being a translator is too much work to do just to gain an alternate perspective.I just don't like the word cringe ,that's all.I think it's also that I've heard "kimochi ga warui" plenty of times ,and seeing it translated differently with the word "cringe" feels weird for my uneducated(on japanese specifically) brain.Also I think disgusting is pretty appropriate.

I don't know if it's just me ,but seeing something translated differently from what I usually know feels weird to me.Like if a character says "kuso" ,and it gets translated to "darn it" or something.

Like I know even with what little knowledge I have that "cringe" is definitely an appropriate translation(considering the situation).It was a blunder on my part to say wrong.I accept that "cringe" is a suitable translation.I just thought that "gross" was better.It's a pedantic complaint.

TLDR:Aside from the hating the word "cringe".I thought that something else should be used.I am aware that translating is more of an art than science.I know that them saying "cringe or "gross" gets the same point across.It's just that "gross" seems like a better choice.

Also seeing something translated differently from how I usually know of it feels weird.

EDIT:I didn't really edit this ,but I also didn't want to delete the things I wrote since my thoughts when writing my 1st comment were there ,but here we go.I changed my mind.Cringe is suitable.I hate the word ,but I also hate how senku talks."Cringe" is definitely something he would say.
Nov 30, 2019 6:00 AM
Jan 2018
ttcchen said:
CrayonColorLife said:
it means "feels gross" which is the translation they used in the manga. I think both works.

I just didn't like "cringe" being used instead of "gross".I do agree that it's appropriate though.It's like if I hated the word "tiny" ,and it was used instead of "small".That's what's happening.

I do ,however, have changed my mind.Cringe is suitable ,since I can see Senku using the word.
Nov 30, 2019 7:27 AM

Sep 2012
CrayonColorLife said:

But it was the most accurate translation
Kimochi ga warui means , literally, “Bad feelings”
Kimochi means feeing or sensation
Ga is a sentence subject
Warui means bad
☺️
Nov 30, 2019 7:43 AM
Jan 2018
Hazelminker said:
CrayonColorLife said:

But it was the most accurate translation
Kimochi ga warui means , literally, “Bad feelings”
Kimochi means feeing or sensation
Ga is a sentence subject
Warui means bad
☺️

read my other comments.There are 2 above yours. :D.The first one is more in depth so I suggest that one.

Again nothing wrong with the translation.
Nov 30, 2019 8:31 AM

Jul 2019
BlakexEkalb said:
_MushiRock11_ said:

Yeah, I had a feeling it was more probable that they’ll be setting it up for a possible season 2. With that said, it’ll be a pity if there’ll be no season 2 after this ;-;

really?, i thought manga sales risen a bit
https://twitter.com/WSJ_manga/status/1197138184158765056
https://twitter.com/WSJ_manga/status/1179382479662305284
it even surpass both black clover and food wars
https://twitter.com/WSJ_manga/status/1200081371122806784
Nov 30, 2019 8:37 AM

Jul 2016
Yeah... I also grimaced at Chrome's crappy friendship speech.

Nice episode overall but seriously, wow, I didn't know Gen could be this sweet. Truly unexpected for a guy who makes rape faces in almost every episode. That was quite a lot of work to do so I'm impressed by his determination.

Pakumen- said:
Maybe the real Tungsten was the friends we made along the way.

Would have loved to see Chrome saying something like this instead xD
Nov 30, 2019 10:33 AM

Nov 2014
Ccorva2 said:
Man when i saw Senku's face after he legitimately thought they were going to hand him over, THAT part made me drop tears. Not the birthday present. I could just feel his sadness through the screen. And although the birthday present was great and all, i couldn't help but feel bad that Senku still feels like that could happen to him. I don't know maybe i was the only one that felt really sad when that happened.
in the manga during this scene he had a flashback to Magma saying to him in the cave "if only you didn't come to the ishigami village" or something, blaming him for it. So during this scene, he's probably thinking "Magma's right. They really do despise me for coming over here and getting them involved in the Tsukasa war. If it wasn't for me, they wouldn't have become a target and have all their huts burned down and destroyed. No wonder they're betraying me. It's all my fault."
Nov 30, 2019 10:39 AM
Mar 2019
this anime has come a long way ... over the course of it's run ..I went from absolutely disliking this show to loving it
Nov 30, 2019 5:55 PM
Jan 2016
Masterful episode!

I am glad that Senku and Chrome are getting along with Magma after that tresure hunt, Senku knew that Magma just tried to save him!

Worst case scenario was so funny, and Magma and Senku reaction to treasure of friendship speech by Chrome was epic, it was cringy indeed!

I was kinda affraid about what Gen was preparing, but it was a awesome birthday present to Senku, Gen is no joke for discouvering Senku's birthday!
Nov 30, 2019 7:39 PM

Jul 2014
Aww gen my boi prepared a gift with the villagers for senku, and also the power of friendship with magma
Even if senku cringes it's still sweet
"Everyone fails sometimes
But dreams won't fade, dreams won't fade
Let's chase them as many times as it takes and don't lose
Because today after all is today and once you wake up, it'll be a new morning"

~Aqours~
Nov 30, 2019 7:40 PM
Mar 2015
Senku x Magma maybe
Nice Bday present
Dec 1, 2019 1:21 AM

Jun 2015
I read the manga and at first, I forgot what Gen's scheme was. Although I remembered shortly after, but that didn't kill the feel coming from Senku's birthday present. I have to say, that was a beautiful present.
Dec 1, 2019 1:32 AM

Mar 2008
Was kind of obvios Magma was trying to save Senku.

Kind of the others to build a telescope for Senku.

@Superns18
@CrayonColorLife
When i looked it up kimochi ga warui when translated literally is
Kimochi = feeling
Warui = bad
"Disgusting" seemingly isnt an actual literal translation. It's just one way it can be translated. It's a pretty broad phrase of feeling uncomfortable or feeling bad and as such has a broader meaning than disgusting.

"So embarassing" would have fit in context indicating second hand embarassment or even "that's so corny" would have fit as a less literal translation that gets the sentiment across. Even "so nauseating" or if you want really informal and loosely translated "make's me want to puke" works in context somehwat. Cringey just feels unatural and somewhat misused. Calling it "gross" is better than "cringey" but doesn't quite feel right either even though technically correct.
Dec 1, 2019 3:08 AM

Jun 2017
A very nice episode. The character development between Magma and Senkuu in that cave was really good, I'm glad that they are in friendly terms now. Their reaction to Chrome's speech though, lol. What the villagers did for him was also nice, everyone helped out to give him something for his birthday.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Dec 1, 2019 3:21 AM
Jan 2018
traed said:
Was kind of obvios Magma was trying to save Senku.

Kind of the others to build a telescope for Senku.

@Superns18
@CrayonColorLife
When i looked it up kimochi ga warui when translated literally is
Kimochi = feeling
Warui = bad
"Disgusting" seemingly isnt an actual literal translation. It's just one way it can be translated. It's a pretty broad phrase of feeling uncomfortable or feeling bad and as such has a broader meaning than disgusting.

"So embarassing" would have fit in context indicating second hand embarassment or even "that's so corny" would have fit as a less literal translation that gets the sentiment across. Even "so nauseating" or if you want really informal and loosely translated "make's me want to puke" works in context somehwat. Cringey just feels unatural and somewhat misused. Calling it "gross" is better than "cringey" but doesn't quite feel right either even though technically correct.

Thanks.I didn't know how to put this into words.I'm still okay with "gross" though.Also "so embarassing" might have been ideal now that you brought it up
Dec 1, 2019 3:23 AM

Oct 2008
This was such a touching beautiful episode!
because i thought Gen was plotting something bad ! but it was actually very idealistic of him to surprise Senkuu with an astronomer's telescope because of Senkuu's birthday!
5/5.

Dec 1, 2019 4:53 AM

Jun 2019
Yeah that's Cringy. LOL
New Senku's quote acquired. Haha

What a touching episode and also funny one.
Dec 1, 2019 6:03 AM

Dec 2014
Sad that only two episodes left...hmm well kinda unexpected that senku birthday was celebrated
Dec 1, 2019 10:57 AM

May 2018
lmao we all got trolled
Dec 1, 2019 11:19 AM

Mar 2012
Not sure how I feel about Magma's development. Not the worst birthday episode I ever seen. Glad they called out how cringy the power of friendship trope is.
Dec 1, 2019 2:04 PM

Apr 2019
Very "solid" episode if you ask me lol.
Dec 1, 2019 7:01 PM

Feb 2015
I didn’t know what to think about Magma or Gen, but their intentions weren’t bad, its just that sometimes you don’t know who to trust.
Dec 1, 2019 10:01 PM

Jun 2016
i'm happy to see this different side of magma, watching the tungsten mining scene made me s o f t.
I mean this whole episode made me s o f t like oof, well i thought gen was gonna destroy senku or something, i guess not
Dec 1, 2019 11:44 PM

Feb 2019
CrayonColorLife said:
Superns18 said:

Nah ,being a translator is too much work to do just to gain an alternate perspective.I just don't like the word cringe ,that's all.I think it's also that I've heard "kimochi ga warui" plenty of times ,and seeing it translated differently with the word "cringe" feels weird for my uneducated(on japanese specifically) brain.Also I think disgusting is pretty appropriate.

I don't know if it's just me ,but seeing something translated differently from what I usually know feels weird to me.Like if a character says "kuso" ,and it gets translated to "darn it" or something.

Like I know even with what little knowledge I have that "cringe" is definitely an appropriate translation(considering the situation).It was a blunder on my part to say wrong.I accept that "cringe" is a suitable translation.I just thought that "gross" was better.It's a pedantic complaint.

TLDR:Aside from the hating the word "cringe".I thought that something else should be used.I am aware that translating is more of an art than science.I know that them saying "cringe or "gross" gets the same point across.It's just that "gross" seems like a better choice.

Also seeing something translated differently from how I usually know of it feels weird.

EDIT:I didn't really edit this ,but I also didn't want to delete the things I wrote since my thoughts when writing my 1st comment were there ,but here we go.I changed my mind.Cringe is suitable.I hate the word ,but I also hate how senku talks."Cringe" is definitely something he would say.

..............ok boomer
Dec 1, 2019 11:49 PM

Jun 2012

I love how Chrome both pukes and smiles lol
Dec 2, 2019 2:00 AM
Aug 2018
It was nice to see more of magma, definitely evolving from just being an annoyance to an actual enjoyable character. Gen's calculation and plan was awesome and that he remembered senku's into astronomy.
Definitely in the top 3 episodes of the season.

Need a season 2 announcement ASAP.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2019

150 by anshumankrsingh »»
Apr 7, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2019

196 by anshumankrsingh »»
Apr 6, 6:28 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2019

486 by Luban1 »»
Mar 18, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Syureria - Dec 13, 2019

335 by Matchappie »»
Mar 5, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2019

161 by Matchappie »»
Mar 5, 5:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.