Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 29, 2019 7:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh man, as soon as I see Azami declaring to be a judge in this contest, I knew shit would get real again.

More foodgasm moments as usual though. They're really giving the other judges a good time.
Nov 29, 2019 10:08 AM

Aug 2013
Isshiki with his impressive dish. The question is, will he beat Tsukasa.

Those two new female judges are hot.

Nov 29, 2019 10:13 AM
Sep 2015
Woman existed just as the reason for man to continue cooking (or replacing any activity in every anime), but woman herself never place on top position.
Nov 29, 2019 10:30 AM

Jul 2019
This is probably the best episode of this season so far. The sound track for this episode was absolutely amazing and my God.. I missed those overwhelming foodgasms.
Pacing seemed fine for this episode and it's good to see how much emphasis they did to describe the actual cooking process which I think was missing from a long time.
And the Isshiki-Nene part was simply awesome.
Really loved this episode.
Nov 29, 2019 10:40 AM
Oct 2018
Is it gonna end 12 episodes this year?
Nov 29, 2019 10:56 AM

Jan 2018
Isshiki is one of my favourite characters in this show, i really hope he wins but he's against Tsukasa so it won't be easy.
Nov 29, 2019 10:59 AM

Jan 2018
Shieldsss said:
Is it gonna end 12 episodes this year?

I was searching it up and found this:

"On November 25, 2019, the Fourth Plate's official website finally listed a Blu-Ray/DVD page, officially confirming the known number of episodes. The box sets only list 12 episodes."
Nov 29, 2019 11:15 AM
May 2017
I have the strangest feeling that isshiki senpai is going to be whipped next episode
Nov 29, 2019 11:21 AM

Jul 2013
Takumi predictably lost against Rindou. It was expected, so no surprise here.
Isshiki's moment with Kinokuni was really sweet, but there's no way he's going to beat Tsukasa, less when Tsukasa still has to present his dish. Its a pity, since I really like Isshiki, but at least he impressed the judges. I'm b4 Isshiki actually wins, but I doubt that will happen.

Speaking about the judges, I'm glad Anne is still judging the dishes, even if she's being bullied by those thots. RIP for Charme and Histoire, however.
Nov 29, 2019 11:25 AM

Dec 2015
Is this team shokugeki over yet? My goodness this is getting old. Every one of these battles would have been much more interesting sprinkled over their usual chaotic stories, but this has been tiresome and repetitive the last few episodes. I was hoping it would all finish up at the end of this episode or at least hint that it would finish in the next episode, but it looks like it's still going to be dragged out for a few more.
Nov 29, 2019 1:03 PM

Apr 2009
Hylianticipated said:
Is this team shokugeki over yet? My goodness this is getting old.

It's gotten stale. Same formula with no new spin to it ad infinitum. Were it not for the absolutely terrible final arc of the manga, I'd hope for this arc to end.

Strong start, okay mid, disastrous ending. Shame, cause the main theme of a renegade, genius chef going wild was brilliant, and now it's all just... soggy, overcooked noodles in an unpalatable, yucky soup.

Nov 29, 2019 1:07 PM
Jan 2018
Can we please mention the soundtracks of this season? It is so freaken hype! As if it belonged in a battle shounen instead
Nov 29, 2019 1:18 PM

Oct 2019
Yet another interesting episode. The team shokugeki seems to be coming to the final stages with not many people left in either team. Takumi losing against Rindou-senpai was quite obvious but I liked how he gave it his all and admitted his defeat in the end. The change in judges was a bit of a take-back but at least it spiced up the things a bit and got us some good foodgasms.

Quite liked how they focused on Isshiki-senpai's preparations of the meal, I've felt like we've been missing that quite a lot lately. The pacing was nice for this episode, maybe a bit too rushed but I quite enjoyed the flashbacks and the backstory of Isshiki-senpai and Kinokuni-senpai during the food tasting.

Souma just casually sipping his tea through all the important scenes was hilarious, he's really a bit out of place on the side tracks.

HarryDigsAnimeNov 29, 2019 1:27 PM
Nov 29, 2019 1:41 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The appointment of new judges sure was an interesting move on Azami's part. Azami's new appointee's as judges sure had quite the connection with Anne. Too bad about Aldini's defeat though. Isshiki's dish though was quite the surprise considering the theme. Still true to Isshiki's nature his dish really did well in blending in tradition and innovation. The insight into the past that he shared with Nene though when combined with their convo in the present sure was interesting. Quite curious whether Isshiki's dish will smash through the formidable defences of the first seat.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 29, 2019 1:59 PM
Mar 2017
Well, Azami is a judge with his two ladies of the WGO, Courage and Decora, personally I didn't like them at all, they can be very attractive, but they are rotten inside, they also made fun of Anne and also of Megumi and I can't forgive that.
I'm glad to see how Souma is not surprised by the change of the judges, moreover, he looks at it as an advantage for them, but what caught my attention is that Rindou was enraged by Azami's interruption and that is not something smaller

Rindou and Takumi present their dishes and I was surprised that Courage and Decora did a good job judging, they even gave an incredible modeling with those sensual underwear they both used, but the dish that Rindou prepared took the compliments since she prepare a dish of Peruvian origin and she added the touch of Rindou, a rare fish from the Amazon River, that last image with Viking Rindou left me pleased, but the foodgasm of Rindou's dish was undoubtedly epic, Anne's makeover was perfect ... damn she look so hot, although I don't approve the bullying to Anne.
Anyway, Takumi loses the round against Rindou, but I feel he discovered something that can play against Rindou.

Isshiki is undoubtedly very optimistic, as he always has been, but this seems to irritate Nene a lot and I think it is something that comes from the childhood of both, anyway, Isshiki impacts his companions with his choice to cook Wanmono, but seeing Anne's foodgasm just by smelling the dish I knew that Isshiki was successful, by God Anne is material for foodgasm, she is too adorable and I loved seeing her with that rabbit costume and Courage and Decora also delight with their spectacular bodies wearing bunny costumes, but Isshiki continues to impress the ladies and foodgasm keep coming, Isshiki likes to watch the ladies enjoy their food.

Isshiki's flashback gave me a lot of sadness, poor boy who grew up in those conditions, but I was very moved when he mentions that Nene was his inspiration to move on.

Too bad the episode ended like this, now we have to wait a week to know if Isshiki could beat Tsukasa.
Nov 29, 2019 3:51 PM

Apr 2015
Change of judges was somethin I didn't look forward to getting into this episode. Atleast Anne was able to stay.

Takumi sadly lost but it was to be expected. Rindou is just too good at her cooking and her specialty in rare ingredients. Her dish looked fabulous though. Almost made me think Momo made it..

I swear, the amount of times Hisako has re-filled Souma's cup by now... that guy is gonna be bloated with tea at the end of that day!

Hope Nene and Ishhiki can make up through all this. I think that moment between them was pretty sweet! Isshiki has impressed the judges, but damn we're ending on the same note again. Having to wait a week to see the result and the tasting of Tsukasa's dish.

salbery755 said:
Well, Azami is a judge with his two ladies of the WGO, Courage and Decora, personally I didn't like them at all, they can be very attractive, but they are rotten inside, they also made fun of Anne and also of Megumi and I can't forgive that.

Well spoken, no one insults Megumi and walks away with it!
Nov 29, 2019 4:19 PM

Jul 2017
Lowkey Isshiki x Nene ship we never saw coming?

Also let's be real, the only reason they decided to bring in 2 new female judges is so the author could draw more lewd scenes

Shame Isshiki's gonna undoubtedly lose in the next ep but oh well, here comes Soma and Nakiri vs the final 2
Nov 29, 2019 4:56 PM

Nov 2019
I love Satoshi's life motto
Nov 29, 2019 5:56 PM

Oct 2012
Isshiki and Nene part was really special, almost like a confession. It's exactly those moments when the anime steps outside of usual cooking descriptions where this series shines.

But somehow I have the feeling that he won't be able to beat the first seat. Eishi is unbeatable when he is concentrate. Only by breaking his self-confidence he would be able to fall. And the only one who is probably able to do that is Souma.

As for the last fight against Azami - I want to believe that Souma and Erina joins together to create their best meal together, that would be really awesome.

One rebuke though - at this point what's even the difference between both schools of cooking? I really see no difference in approach to their cooking between both teams. This is high-level cuisine no matter who cooks now. Azami's phillosophy to punctiliously follow recipes and traditions was slowly forgotten. Remind me again what's this whole shokugeki all about?
Nov 29, 2019 6:06 PM
Jun 2017
isshi vs eishi... this match up is worth to watch with...

and rindo just showed to aldini why she is on the top 2 seats of elite 10..
Nov 29, 2019 7:59 PM
Apr 2016
This season is just so boring. So far it's just been super slow cooking battles with little battle. Sometimes 2 episode just for one damn battle to be over this one is 3.
Nov 29, 2019 8:00 PM

Jan 2013
Can't believe he really changed the judges like that.

Isshiki did an amazing job, but knowing this anime i doubt he will win against Tsukasa.

Isshiki and meme scene was very unique and got me totally unexpected.

Great episode as always!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 29, 2019 8:02 PM

Jan 2013
Mich666 said:

As for the last fight against Azami - I want to believe that Souma and Erina joins together to create their best meal together, that would be really awesome.

One rebuke though - at this point what's even the difference between both schools of cooking? I really see no difference in approach to their cooking between both teams. This is high-level cuisine no matter who cooks now. Azami's phillosophy to punctiliously follow recipes and traditions was slowly forgotten. Remind me again what's this whole shokugeki all about?

Yes, that would be a great final!

You're right but at this point, he is just shown as a single-headed dictator, where he can do whatever he wants.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 29, 2019 9:16 PM

Oct 2017
Takumi put up a good fight but too bad he lost. Isshiki senpai made a great dish too. Now lets see what Tsukasa has up his sleeve.
Nov 29, 2019 10:21 PM
Jul 2018
OMG they featured Causa, one of my country's most delicious dishes <3
Nov 30, 2019 12:33 AM
Jul 2018
Now I gotta wait another week to find out which best boi is gonna win
Nov 30, 2019 4:31 AM

Apr 2018
Real shit is happening when Azami replaced the Judges xD. Kinda Knew Takumi was gonna lose tbh but gave him hope. Hopefull Isshiki can win xD but the number 1 seat is probably gonna edge it out.
Nov 30, 2019 5:22 AM

Oct 2018
this over-drama getting on my nerves .............
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Nov 30, 2019 6:10 AM

Feb 2014
I have to say, this show does a better job at advertising lingerie than the real lingerie ads do. I'm biased, I know... XD

Takumi's dish looked appetising and tasty, but Rindo's creation won over the revamped judging panel helmed by Azami. Anne able to stay on as a judge, but her superiors wasted no time in teasing her about her old book-ish looks from before and compared her old looks to both half's of Nene and Megumi. No one insults the precious Megumi and gets away with it... >.<

As for Satoshi, his dish looked sublime and it gave us some nice foodgasm reactions from the females judges, both in cure and sexy bunny outfits respectively. But the scene that I liked the most of this episode was his talk with Nene and how it her dedication to her cooking skills that inspired him to continue cooking. Those expectations that Satoshi had to please as a kid must've been hell..

Next week, we'll see Tsukasa's dish and see who'll win between these two. Great episode once more. ^_^
Nov 30, 2019 6:38 AM
Oct 2019
According to Blu-ray listings, season 4 will have 12 episodes (possibly split cour)

(S4 Final season) will be 25 episodes and split into (2 cores):

1st core: regiment de cuisine arc (12 episodes) currently airing

2nd core: blue arc (13 episodes) final season (maybe next year (spring or Fall))
Nov 30, 2019 11:28 AM

May 2016
New Judge as Azami but why addig those two other we already had enough fapserviceor should say fan service to begin with.

I loved Ishiki since the very first moment they introduced him and knowing he went through that time makes me like him even more.
Nov 30, 2019 11:46 AM
Jul 2019
whoa it look's like there some romance brewing between Isski and Kunokini.....

Ok so basically there were 4 judges here which includes Azami, one of the original girl judge Anne and two WGO 1st rank bitches Decora and Courage, but there were only 3 dishes served per contest so who is doing the tasting for the 2 dish Azami or Courage or could it be that both Azami and Courage were sharing the same dish???? If so then they're probably doing and indirect kiss with each other.

Nov 30, 2019 4:13 PM
Jan 2016
So with Azami as judge, two new judges girl joined,glad for manteining Anne, and their reactions toward dish are even hot with that three gorgeous judjes, damn!

As expected Rindou won against Aldini, but he did his best!

Isshiki managed to create awesome dish in that shokugeki, trulu genious!

Isshiki and Kinokuni moment was really sweet!

Cliffhanger at the end letting next episode for Tsukasa's dish, but honestly i think Isshiki is gonna lose!
Nov 30, 2019 4:19 PM
Nov 2019
As expected Rindou won, and for Isshiki vs Tsukasa, I think we can easily say who will win...
Nov 30, 2019 7:01 PM

May 2018
Takumi loses sadly. It was nice to see the past between Isshiki and Nene, even though it was simple it helps Isshiki. Just one more battle, I hope it will be awesome.

Nov 30, 2019 11:02 PM
Mar 2015
The girl judges coming onto Azami was appalling They have no taste
Nov 30, 2019 11:38 PM

Mar 2013
As a manga reader, I've been waiting for that Isshiki-Nene moment for so long. Really good and sweet.~

New judges, Decora and Courage looks stunning. Also Takumi loss is quite predictable even back when I read the manga, though in Manga It's Isshiki vs Tsukasa that got their deliberations first instead of Takumi vs Rindou first in the anime, maybe for that cliffhanger I suppose... Can't wait for the final but I won't spoil it for anime-only watchers.

starchild91 said:
According to Blu-ray listings, season 4 will have 12 episodes (possibly split cour)

2nd core: blue arc (13 episodes) final season (maybe next year (spring or Fall))

I don't think The last 50 chapters can be covered as 13 Episode arc... But considering the pace we have for the anime like around 4 Manga chapters per Anime episode. It might be possible... Regiment de Cuisine arc is the longest arc in the series, like 1/5 of the series mainly about that. If you combine it with Hokkaido Promotion Exams arc, It's almost 1/3 of the series.
Rio-Nov 30, 2019 11:42 PM
Dec 1, 2019 1:29 AM
Oct 2019
Rio- said:
As a manga reader, I've been waiting for that Isshiki-Nene moment for so long. Really good and sweet.~

New judges, Decora and Courage looks stunning. Also Takumi loss is quite predictable even back when I read the manga, though in Manga It's Isshiki vs Tsukasa that got their deliberations first instead of Takumi vs Rindou first in the anime, maybe for that cliffhanger I suppose... Can't wait for the final but I won't spoil it for anime-only watchers.

starchild91 said:

I don't think The last 50 chapters can be covered as 13 Episode arc... But considering the pace we have for the anime like around 4 Manga chapters per Anime episode. It might be possible... Regiment de Cuisine arc is the longest arc in the series, like 1/5 of the series mainly about that. If you combine it with Hokkaido Promotion Exams arc, It's almost 1/3 of the series.

Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma: The Fourth Plate" is listed with 25 episodes
https://twitter.com/LiveChart_me/status/1182849482309783553

https://www.monstersandcritics.com/anime/food-wars-season-4-part-2-release-date-number-of-episodes-shokugeki-no-soma-shin-no-sara-food-wars-the-fourth-plate-split-cour-anime/
ithyphallic60Dec 1, 2019 1:37 AM
Dec 1, 2019 6:32 AM

Jun 2014
Takumi lost as expected, there was no way he would defeat one of the top members of the Elite 10 at his current level. I think by now it should be pretty obvious who will win between Tsukasa and Isshiki.....
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 1, 2019 7:27 AM

May 2015
Wow Souma has some nice bladder. He drunk so much tea. ;p
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 1, 2019 10:56 AM

Mar 2012
This season has felt weird to me but this episode made it clear because the pacing was much better than previous episodes but not as good as last weeks'. The pacing just bugs me where we get on episode of long winded boasting with no reveal of who the winner is to one where we get a whole shokugeki and the winner. This season feels seriously disjointed.

Plot has been pretty predictable to as to who would win and lose each battle.
Dec 1, 2019 6:34 PM

Dec 2013
Takumi’s dish got labeled as the opening act for Rindou’s dish. Poor guy never stood a chance.

This episode made me want to ship Isshiki with Nene.
Dec 1, 2019 8:50 PM

May 2015
I'm Peruvian and Causa is the only Peruvian dish I know how to prepare. Probably 90% or more of Peruvians know too.
It's the easiest regional dish, I've been preparing it since I was 7.
Dec 1, 2019 10:26 PM

Apr 2013
what's the point of praising isshiki so much if he's still gonna lose :(
Dec 2, 2019 9:25 AM

Dec 2014
and yeah Seat 7 will lose obviously
Dec 7, 2019 3:28 AM

Nov 2016
Bringing in the new judges was the best idea since you simply can't have enough fanservice.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 7, 2019 3:41 PM
Mar 2017
CeddyyBearr said:
Change of judges was somethin I didn't look forward to getting into this episode. Atleast Anne was able to stay.

Takumi sadly lost but it was to be expected. Rindou is just too good at her cooking and her specialty in rare ingredients. Her dish looked fabulous though. Almost made me think Momo made it..

I swear, the amount of times Hisako has re-filled Souma's cup by now... that guy is gonna be bloated with tea at the end of that day!

Hope Nene and Ishhiki can make up through all this. I think that moment between them was pretty sweet! Isshiki has impressed the judges, but damn we're ending on the same note again. Having to wait a week to see the result and the tasting of Tsukasa's dish.

salbery755 said:

Well spoken, no one insults Megumi and walks away with it!

I felt so bad for both girls, especially Megumi who was most affected by Courage's hostile comments
Dec 8, 2019 7:34 AM

Sep 2014
Bless Azami bringing in more fanservice, those new judges are lewd af, nice bunnies too though I don't remember that in the manga.
Bunny Anne was precious.
Nene and Isshiki moment was really sweet too.
nerfxDec 8, 2019 8:11 AM
Dec 12, 2019 3:47 PM

Jul 2014
Oh thank God I can still hear Yui Horie, for a moment I thought they would also get rid of Anne. It sucks for the two guys but in exchange we have two new hot girls for the foodgasms.

The white-haired one is annoying....... Thank you, Anne!

They are going to express how delicious the dish is with their bodies?... "Calamari lingerie" OH FUCK YES!

Even Anne in lingerie? DAMN! Thank you very much Courage and Decora. This is being very repetitive but at least I appreciate the addition of these two new girls to spice things up.

Blessed Bunny Anne <3

I love how Soma spent the whole episode drinking tea and Hisako serving it to him lol.

The Isshiki x Nene is going strong. I liked that ship since last season.

It was weird to see a traditional dish from my country (Causa) in an anime but at the same time it was great :3

I fucking love Rindou.
Dec 14, 2019 1:49 PM

Sep 2011
Let's bring in a totally partial judge and wave it off then hype up how amazing Isshiki is despite the fact that Eishi has thick plot armor.

This episode was totally empty, pointless, and thoughtless. What little respect this show still has from me is disappearing rapidly.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2019

169 by Nanashi »»
Apr 13, 10:29 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2019

64 by DrFeelGood887 »»
Dec 22, 2023 3:46 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2019

107 by aod-kun »»
Nov 6, 2023 3:45 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2019

69 by aod-kun »»
Nov 6, 2023 3:13 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2019

64 by Btnet »»
Nov 5, 2023 11:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.