Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 29, 2019 5:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Cool that this series/episode even has treasure hunts.

It looks like Magma came back and oh boy, he's pissed. That guy seems to bring trouble wherever he goes so I guess it's not too surprising. The robot Senku science explanation was comedy gold lol
Stark700Nov 29, 2019 7:44 AM
Nov 29, 2019 8:02 AM

Aug 2013
Senkuu and his treasure hunting group managed to get more tungsten and other materials.
Magma actually saved Senkuu.

The village got an observatory for Senkuu's birthday which was nice.

Nov 29, 2019 8:03 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode as always.

Was real nice seeing Magma warm upto Senkuu and Chrome.
I loved Senkuu and Magama's reaction to Chrome's friendship speech. Don't worry Chrome, I understand your feelings. XD

Gen figuring out Senkuu's birthday and the entire village gifting Senkuu an observatory and a telescope was beautiful.
Nov 29, 2019 8:07 AM

Jul 2017
Senku, Chrome and the chosen "special character" Magma is chsen to go to the dungeon to collect even more materials to recreate tungsten, a "treasure hunt" if you will. What lies ahead for the scheming Magma, count less even for Gen Asagiri.

Too bad for Senku, a leopard doesn't change its spots, and Magma is the EXACT SAME assertive guy who wants to kill others so that no one stands in his way. Even in the dungeon, no one class of Man is the same, and Senku needs everyone divisive to work together. Eventually, being mentally outchallenged, the buff man accepts Senku for who he is, his logic of science can never be outmatched.

And they did the impossible: acquiring tungsten for their vacuum tubes...and Chrome found the treasure of friendship HAHA LMAO
Even after finding mineral rocks Chrome and Senku are rampaging around, just like game characters (e.g. Wreck-It Ralph, where Senku and Chrome are Felix while Magma is Ralph), so fun.

For awhile I'd thought that Senku's kidnapping IS FOR REAL (and that happened REAL fast), but whaddya know, Gen and the villagers made an observatory for his birthday, with the telescope being his gift. You've gotta admit, Gen Asagiri has a scheme to lie, but in front of Senku he's completely exposed, and can only prove loyalty in foresight, in part due to Senku's natural talents to lead and be followed.

But in all of time millenia, the stone world as nothing in favour of Senku (after petirication), but out of his extremist love for science, gave the world what it needs, not just as a form of remaking the stone world into a modern one again, and the culmination of it all is just sweet.

Another great episode with 2 more to go...the end is coming near....please? Season 2 announcement?
KANLen09Nov 29, 2019 8:15 AM
Nov 29, 2019 8:11 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Best Dr Stone episode so far, the exploration was awesome and the scene at Ishigami village with the telescope for Senku's birthday was so great.
Nov 29, 2019 8:17 AM
Sep 2015
Worst case scenario seems like best case for me, even though I don't ship Senku with Magma.
Nov 29, 2019 8:18 AM

Jan 2009
lol at Chrome with the power of friendship crap

Nov 29, 2019 8:24 AM

Sep 2014
Treasure of friendship speach and the reactions of Senkuu and Magma on this were glorious. Speaking of Magma, he was indeed useful in this journey. Senkuu's birthday scene was really beautiful and emotional as well. He got his own observatory and telescope.

Jan 2018
Chrome: "The treasure of friendship."

Magma and Senku: "That's cringy."

> What a nice surprise to Senku. An observatory with an astronomical telescope.
> Looks like Gen is already interested in Senku even before they've met.
> The worst-case scenario. Mmm.
> Right. Welcome back, Mecha-Senku. It's been a while.

With only two episodes left, looks like we need a Season 2.
Overthinker

Jun 2017
I saw a lot of people making Senku Cola are we gonna see videos on Bathtub siphons now lol. First time Mecha-Senku came it was as a "don't do this at home", now it's "try this at home". For anime only people, did anyone suspect Gen doing something sinister?
Nov 29, 2019 8:35 AM

Oct 2009
You thought Magma and Chrome in the cave were gerat and then you get Gen practically confessing to Senkuu-...
Nov 29, 2019 8:38 AM

Jun 2010
deg said:
lol at Chrome with the power of friendship crap

I remembered that

Nov 29, 2019 8:40 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So Gen was planning a birthday surprise for Senkuu all along and I thought he was going to do something shady again. Senkuu, Chrome, and Magma were one hell of a team in that Treasure dungeon. Getting Senkuu a telescope was a nice touch too.
Nov 29, 2019 8:57 AM

Jun 2015
Tungsten hunt was a success and they got extra loot! It's never too much.
That birthday gift was really adorable.
Nov 29, 2019 9:01 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Awesome episode!

I was worried for a second there that they might actually be planning to backfire Senku but gosh that turned out to be one of the sweetest and heartfelt happy birthday presents I’ve seen from this medium! Senku’s speechlessness pretty much sums it up really. I’m sorry for doubting you Gen, you really deserve better! A really nice touch seeing the villagers pitch in however possible too, this was really wholesome!

Interesting how Gen found out about Senku’s extraordinary abilities even before meeting him even. Makes sense why he’s always seemed to be trying to get on his good side, or so I felt during the early moments especially. Wise choice Gen, I would’ve probably done the same too if I were to see that.

Magma saving Senku during the pinch moment earlier during the treasure hunt there was really touching to see as well. And then that pained look, he really does truly care for the village after all. Good thing the two are in good terms now, I’m looking forward to seeing how it’ll progress further down along the line.

Comedy has been a stronghold for the series and this episode, despite its relative decrease, was no exception. Senku and co managing to prevent the “worst-case scenario” and Chrome’s cringeworthy friendship-quote (with the little cameo from the Sound Department to make it even more ridiculous) were simply just gold!

Easily one of my favourite episodes of the series, potentially the best in fact!

2 more episodes to go! Are they planning to postpone the fight for a possible season two? I really hope that’s the route they’ll be ultimately taking even if the fight were to end in the next two episodes.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 29, 2019 9:21 AM

Dec 2015
My father would always say to me how much he wanted a telescope. He told me several times when I was younger that he wanted to see the planets, the stars, the moon, everything in the night sky with more details. I love him so much, he's the best father I could ever have, so I always wanted to give him something as gratitude for everything he did for me.

Two months ago I started working at a gaming company, and a month ago I got my first salary. I used it to buy a telescope to my father. This episode hit me right in the feels... I never cried so much with an anime episode. He watches Dr. Stone too, but he's 2 episodes late. I asked him to keep up with the anime, and he said he'll watch it tonight, meanwhile I'm trying to hold my tears back so he won't think there's something wrong with me.

10/10 I love this show.
Nov 29, 2019 9:22 AM
Aug 2019
Senku and magma reaction to the power of friendship scene was so funny

Nov 29, 2019 9:30 AM

Aug 2018
Good Episode....
Nov 29, 2019 9:35 AM

Feb 2018
Magma, you big ol' tsundere. "It's not like I was trying to save Senku or anything. Baka."

A lot of funny moments this episode. Too many to list, really. Hope we get a season 2.
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
Nov 29, 2019 9:48 AM
Jul 2018
It was hilarious how this shounen anime made fun of the power of friendship.
Nov 29, 2019 9:50 AM

Apr 2019
Really good episode, show is great.

Nov 29, 2019 10:03 AM

Sep 2015
Never noticed the Observatory in the ED. I guess now we know where it comes from.
Nov 29, 2019 10:05 AM

Jan 2018
Death Stranding anime adaptation
Nov 29, 2019 10:12 AM

Dec 2016
I thought Magma and Gen was up to no good the moment they gave that smirk, but prove quite the opposite which made me very surprised :O

Nice episode! The birthday gift was very sweet <3

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Nov 29, 2019 10:29 AM
Sep 2019
Man every single episode of this show is so damn great. I get sad when I think about the fact that there are only 2 left.
Nov 29, 2019 10:34 AM
Anime Cat

Aug 2017
Senku, what's your thought about 'nakama power' ?

"What are you talking about ? That's so cringy"

I'm died, LMAO.

Nekko_Khayal88Nov 29, 2019 10:37 AM
Nov 29, 2019 11:21 AM
Feb 2016
This anime is making me more invested in science that the classes I took in high school lol. Great episode and nice to see Magma actually helping them as well
Nov 29, 2019 11:23 AM

Feb 2019
Ngl I teared up at the end, being an astronomer was always my dream. My sister got me a Meade telescope for Christmas one year and it's the best gift I've ever got, having friends like that would be amazing. Great episode. Can't wait to see Petrification Island and Ibarra animated
Nov 29, 2019 11:27 AM

Oct 2017
That last part was amazing. It was so nice of Gen to make such a great birthday present for Senkuu with everyone's help. It was totally heartwarming.
MegamiRemDec 6, 2019 6:52 AM
Nov 29, 2019 11:30 AM

May 2016
This show never fails never.

I'm getting all sort of feels from it and its really tough to say goodbye to it in 2 weeks T-T
Nov 29, 2019 11:48 AM

May 2019
This episode had some golden expressions as usual. I laughed my ass off at some parts.

Man, I almost believed that Magma and Gen were going to betray Senku. I was preparing myself to remove Gen from my favourites but then I realised that wasn't the case after Magma helped him go up. Gen is the best boi indeed. I shouldn't have doubted that precious boy.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Nov 29, 2019 12:03 PM

Mar 2017
Such a heartwarming episode! Finally Magma has seen the light (even though he's still an aggressive meathead haha) and that part where Gen revealed that he liked Senku even before he met him.... i felt that in my kokoro! Senku has such amazing friends!

I can't believe there's only 2 episode left! 😭
Nov 29, 2019 12:05 PM
May 2017
Another awesome tearjerker! I hope that 2nd season will be announced soon
Nov 29, 2019 12:05 PM

Mar 2017
Superns18 said:
Ngl I teared up at the end, being an astronomer was always my dream. My sister got me a Meade telescope for Christmas one year and it's the best gift I've ever got, having friends like that would be amazing. Great episode. Can't wait to see Petrification Island and Ibarra animated

You're forgetting an even more important event; Ryusui's revival!
Nov 29, 2019 12:33 PM

Jul 2019
That was a very touching episode. <3
Life is a despicable endurance race
Nov 29, 2019 12:49 PM

Aug 2015
Maybe the real Tungsten was the friends we made along the way.
Nov 29, 2019 1:19 PM
May 2019
A rather interesting and chill episode. Only 2 more to go. It definitely was quick. Will miss it.
Nov 29, 2019 1:55 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Man, this is seriously sick. I love this Anime more with every other episode.
I was honestly moved to tears when they revealed that observatory, I love the village, I love Gen, I started liking Magma. Everything is chill and wholesome.
Nov 29, 2019 2:03 PM

Jun 2014
I have to admit I really did think Gen was up to no good, but it was really heartwarming to see him and the rest of the village do something so thoughtful for Senku. I'm not surprised by how Magma acted in this episode but his attitude seems to have come around and it appears he has had a change of heart so that's nice.

Lol at Senku and Magma's reaction to Chrome's power of friendship speech, that was indeed very cringy. Imagine if Senku and Magma saw Fairy Tail............ xD.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 29, 2019 2:15 PM
Feb 2017
_MushiRock11_ said:
2 more episodes to go! Are they planning to postpone the fight for a possible season two? I really hope that’s the route they’ll be ultimately taking even if the fight were to end in the next two episodes.

Manga readers say it’ll happen in season 2. There’s no way a fight can break out within 2 episodes unless they legit rushed every single scene.

Pakumen- said:
Maybe the real Tungsten was the friends we made along the way.

That’s cringey.
Nov 29, 2019 2:25 PM
Jul 2019
Really a great episode that.

The season will probably end with the cell phone invention.
Nov 29, 2019 2:36 PM

Jul 2012
I'm not crying, you are.

This anime is consistently good. What a treat.
Nov 29, 2019 2:41 PM

Feb 2014
Shounen and the power of friendship has been a common pairing in the past, but it's refreshingly funny to see Dr Stone making fun of that troupe, with Chrome making the friendship speech when the trio got the tungsten and both Senku and Magma responded by saying that Chrome's speech was very cringy! XD

This episode as a whole was great. Although Magma's mindset hasn't changed much, seeing him making an attempt to save Senku early on in their expedition and co-operating with Chrome and Senku for the rare rocks did leave me with a smile on my face.

That smile became even wider when the trio returned to the village, where Senku was given his very own observatory as a birthday present. It was the best scene of the episode for me. ^_^
Nov 29, 2019 2:47 PM
Oct 2019
It was an episode in which nothing big happend but it had really heart warming ending. I love Gen even more now and i cant wait to see how this series is gonna finnish in next 2 weeks.
Nov 29, 2019 3:00 PM
Feb 2009
aww so it was Senku's birthday props to Gen for figuring it out what a bro, and worst case scenario was no homo hugging lol
Nov 29, 2019 3:49 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
BlakexEkalb said:
_MushiRock11_ said:

Manga readers say it’ll happen in season 2. There’s no way a fight can break out within 2 episodes unless they legit rushed every single scene.

Yeah, I had a feeling it was more probable that they’ll be setting it up for a possible season 2. With that said, it’ll be a pity if there’ll be no season 2 after this ;-;
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 29, 2019 4:48 PM
Feb 2017
_MushiRock11_ said:
BlakexEkalb said:

Yeah, I had a feeling it was more probable that they’ll be setting it up for a possible season 2. With that said, it’ll be a pity if there’ll be no season 2 after this ;-;

From what I’ve heard the manga sales didn’t go well so we’ll have to see if a second one will be made.
Nov 29, 2019 5:24 PM

Apr 2015
Before they headed off into the cave, I seriously thought there was a conspiracy going on. Just not the kind I expected.

What a great birthday gift for Senku. Honestly surprised that without Senku being there, they can come up with stuff to make on their own. Eventhough experience is the real key here (Kinro's Glasses and Suika's lenses), it's still a team effort to surprise Senku like this. That was awesome. MVP there was Gen to think about all that, including the birthday of Senku.

Magma becomes friendlier towards Senku and Chrome. In his own way of course XD
Nov 29, 2019 5:27 PM

Oct 2015
Happy birthday Senku, you're still the best character this season!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 29, 2019 5:52 PM

Feb 2014
AntonioWux said:
Death Stranding anime adaptation

Limited Edition? XD
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2019

150 by anshumankrsingh »»
Apr 7, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2019

196 by anshumankrsingh »»
Apr 6, 6:28 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2019

486 by Luban1 »»
Mar 18, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Syureria - Dec 13, 2019

335 by Matchappie »»
Mar 5, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2019

161 by Matchappie »»
Mar 5, 5:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.