Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Nov 20, 2019 3:37 AM

Oct 2018
Canute was so great here, his behavior really changed!
He earned the favorite spot in my top characters after I watched this episode.
I loved the "true love is death and human's love is discrimination" part from the priest. Really great episode.

Nov 20, 2019 4:26 AM

Jun 2017
A rather emotional episode at the first half, Ragnar came to say goodbye to the Prince in his dreams, what a loyal man. That part where Thorkell sent Thorfinn flying had me dying lol. Looks like that Blonde Prince finally learns the truth of their world, he has finally awoken to reality. 10/10 Character development.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Nov 20, 2019 11:03 AM

Apr 2018
All I can say is bruh...... Canute FINALLY stepping into the role of a King. It's LIT!

Dirty move by Thorkell though, that true warrior question really struck a chord with Thorfinn. Next ep is gonna be wild. I'm so hype on the development of Canute, like mannnnn how much better can it get?!

This show y'all...... sheesh! 5/5
Nov 20, 2019 8:51 PM

Apr 2013
everyone is saying all about Thorkell vs Thorfinn but THE KING was epic too. Every episode of this show never disappoints.
Nov 20, 2019 11:18 PM

Apr 2015
RavBTW said:
everyone is saying all about Thorkell vs Thorfinn but THE KING was epic too. Every episode of this show never disappoints.

I hope this proud "king" will fall.
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Nov 21, 2019 2:06 AM

Apr 2018
Thorfinn vs thorkell was a letdown.
Nov 21, 2019 4:00 AM
Nov 2019
Pyoung said:
I was actually looking for more of a fight between throkell and Throfinn but regardless is was a great episode.I'm curious to see what the future of canute will look like and I'm also hoping the fight between throkell and thorfinn isn't over yet. People keep talking about Canute's "development" but honestly I would call it more of an awakening.

^This. I was so fired up for an epic fight & we got something totally different instead. So even though the episode was great, I still feel kinda let down. xD

Canute's 'awakening' was awesomely executed, but also unsettling. A ruler should know how to be humble, too.
Nov 21, 2019 4:11 AM

Feb 2012
That fucking ending totally redeemed the prince in my view. That was a sick character development. The man was pushed to the edge and finally broke. I can't wait to see where we go from here.

Wish there was a bit more sustained focus on the fight though.
Nov 21, 2019 6:54 AM
Jan 2019
this was a strong episode that makes me dizzy I need to rewatch it to understand it

the fight is interesting but short and the flashback is important for some reason

so Canute changes are interesting and when I think of it the way he looks now is representing a mad king but who knows what happened if a person turned that way, well I'm expecting about him is how he lead the Danes and cause destruction to nature and creature

the way they portray the word love is rather disturbing I understand it in other aspects but I hope they translated it to the right way to the author mind and language barrier is the problem here (if I only can read the raw manga and translated it to my self I might understand a bit (and read the translated manga were I also have no plan to read))(if in case what chapter does it adopt?) and the way they portray about discrimination, is it the right word for that? I think it's not because I believe there is another relevant word to that in this case the language barrier is the problem here (or I just really don't understand)
Nov 21, 2019 7:48 AM

Mar 2013
That was the best episode so far, by a large margin. It feels like this is the episode I had been waiting for this whole time, even though I haven't read the manga.
Nov 21, 2019 8:07 AM

May 2018
Well, prince's conclusion and alteration was too damn fast. Thorkell's easygoing goofy demeanor with a bit of seriousness and nobility makes him a really likeable person. I hope Thorfinn will get his lessons from these two guys, Thorkell and Askeladd, and will grow up already. And I guess Askeladd dies

Nov 21, 2019 8:38 AM

Feb 2018
Solfilius said:
People were amazed by Kimetsu No Yaiba episode 19...the same's gonna happen with this episode....what a fight!!On top of that some great character development for Canute .I dont get why people are getting so butthurt over the animation...it's pretty good.You can't expect every show to have KnY like animation.
Nor can i say that I am very happy with the animation of this episode, the fact is that Wit Studio has been falling down constantly, I do not knew what the reasons are but the animation of Wit Studio was much more detailed, expressive and dynamic before.
Nov 21, 2019 7:25 PM
Jun 2019
I can’t wait until the next episode after we were left with that cliffhanger!! I’m an anime only watcher so I have no idea what’s about to go down and I’m definitely rooting for Thorfinn. I look forward to every Sunday because of this anime!
Nov 22, 2019 2:46 AM

Jul 2017
Is this a repeat of Kimetsu no Yaiba episode 19? Sure feels like it whilst standard midway decline of Wit Studio's animation and camerawork that still is top-notch mind-blowing.

If there's one thing I noticed, most of the 2nd OP scenes are mainly directly from this episode, what a spectacular foreshadowing. What a way to get us hyped for more, and it did candidly splendid. Did anyone notice this?

The long-awaited battle that is Thorfinn vs. Thorkell, a battle for the ages. Knowledge is skill, as in Thorkell's knowledge about his family and heritage to trade for an entertaining battle against Thors's son.

But on the side of Prince Canute, his childhood that Ragnar raised was one of fondness rather than royal historics, despite the former being the life that he desires. Now that (the useless but not so useless) Ragnar is gone, he has to stand firmly on his own.

"What is love?" In the rhetorical sense of war, love means nothing, but to be treasured by the one you love, within the means as a sacrifice unto the Lord. The Bible has shown that love requires sacrifice, not a hardship, but one of sweetness. The war itself is a drastic escape of the essence of love, with it being dying in soul and spirit. ALL THAT IS THE RESULT OF SIN from the times of Adam and Eve in God's creation, that went to waste for disobedience.

With the mindset that everyone is tainted in sin, with no love to account for, only life and death, everyone's reason to live is but a matter of choices. WHAT IS MOST IMPORTANT is to find yourself, and Prince Canute MADE THAT CHOICE to love without salvation, and lead as his useless father King Sweyn did. TO FIGHT WITH REASON, THAT'S THE DUTY OF A KING. He's done with playing roles and all that bullshit, HE HAS AWAKENED from his senses, abandoned religion and reasons, and instilling meaning. This is one insane character development!

More than this episode replicating KnY, it was an episode full of tears and meaning to reasons, why as humans we are kept away from God's paradise, and were made to create our own. What a phenomenal episode, and having to wait 2 weeks after is WORTH THE WAIT.
KANLen09Nov 22, 2019 2:49 AM
Nov 22, 2019 5:33 AM

Nov 2019
Kegari said:
Solfilius said:
People were amazed by Kimetsu No Yaiba episode 19...the same's gonna happen with this episode....what a fight!!On top of that some great character development for Canute .I dont get why people are getting so butthurt over the animation...it's pretty good.You can't expect every show to have KnY like animation.
Nor can i say that I am very happy with the animation of this episode, the fact is that Wit Studio has been falling down constantly, I do not knew what the reasons are but the animation of Wit Studio was much more detailed, expressive and dynamic before.

I think the issue is staff overwork along with focusing too much on making the backgrounds pretty rather than the character models.
Nov 22, 2019 7:14 AM
Jul 2018
It was just an another great episode! Canute's behivors changed incredibly! I can't wait to see the next episode :)
Nov 22, 2019 2:01 PM
Nov 2017
Finally the breakthrough I've been waiting for, Canute has finally done it. His words
will from now on, shake people to the core.
HAIL VINLAND SAGA I LOVE YOU
Nov 22, 2019 9:13 PM
Jan 2016
Wow, Canute is really cool, man...really, the best statement in anime world I think hahaha. Really curious about what will happen to Thorfinn next, but one think is you really need to understand what is your goal and can you achieve it with you current state? If not, then change, change yourself, become stronger, tougher...
Nov 23, 2019 1:30 PM

Oct 2013
"Last goodbye" from Ragnar scene was really good.

Thorkell vs. Thorfinn was an intense fight. The best moment was when Thorkell ripped his coat and few moments later performed that ultra kick. xD

The way the creators showed rage of a berserker was also really realistic.

However, I didn't like Canute in this episode. His change is one of the most sudden (and therefore naive) I have ever seen in seinens, reminding me of shounens with way more simply plot than very mature seinen like "Vinland Saga". The drunk priest annoys me as well. He mixes his theological knowledge with random existential thoughts he has mostly after drinking a lot of alcohol.

@Abel97 , I don't want to argue or something, but instant change from whiny and sensible teenager to a chad with messianic delusions was kinda... awkward. True, trauma is not always the same and I guess many of those who disliked Canute's personality's change know it very well. It was just too sudden for a character like Canute as we met him and learned about what he did in his past. Nothing really looked like as if he had hidden potential like that.
Besides, knowing real Canute's history, I didn't like his depiction in this show anyway, because I knew from the beginning that he is gonna change to a badass one time. And that instant evolution, from very weak to very strong, is one of themes I dislike in various shows, not only in animes.
AdnashNov 23, 2019 1:35 PM
Nov 23, 2019 2:37 PM

Nov 2017
Every time I rewatched this episode I learned more. It's just too deep that one can get different interpretations. Canute's change might be too sudden but let's not forget that he's not dumb, he's smarter than he looks. And I believe he's seen cruelty enough, burdened by being a royalty. So I disagree that it's an instant change, he just snap but it's not an instant change.
Nov 23, 2019 7:18 PM

Oct 2008
At last! Canute has finally awakened! that was EPIC! event the OST!
5/5.

Nov 23, 2019 8:37 PM

Aug 2015
I just hope Thorfinn still keeps calling Canute "Princess" because that is funny.

This was easily the best episode, but still Canute's awakening is a little bit extreme. Basically someone goes from "I can't stand these people" to "I'll give meaning to your lives"... I don't know. It's almost the same as with Thorfinn and how he became an edgy killer because his dad is dead. Also the fight agains Thorkell was underwhelming, but I expected something like that considering the difference on skill and most importantly experience.
Nov 23, 2019 9:42 PM

Sep 2019
Well, I was quick to love that episode. Just having Thorfinn and Thorkell fight is just pure excitement. Also, damn, took me a while, but Ragnar really DOES have a conehead... naturally, his goodbye was saddening, especially since it happens in a dream.

Plus, Berserk Bjorn is good fun to watch and just gave me the idea to create a fun Monk/Barbarian in D&D (I'll find a way to make it work). Then Canute just fuckin' STARES a Berserker down.

"You know you've reached peak quality when a doujin is better than the actual source series." (Eg. To LOVE-Ru)

Just to list a couple of biases.
Likes: A good story, characters, writing, romance, a good plot twist or something that breaks expectations (In a good way), 'backstory' and justice.
Dislikes: Bad romance, too much fanservice, the harem genre, yuri, yaoi, and bad writing.

Nov 24, 2019 3:30 AM

Jan 2016
damn, is Canute going to be a badass now?
Nov 24, 2019 3:53 AM
Aug 2019
I really don't like this tioe of character development this is not like Torfin who trained to become stronger. Wtf he see dead Ragnar bum supper power no one can touch him he don't listen to any wtf i hate this shit
Nov 24, 2019 10:53 PM

Jun 2016
damn, he big boy now, also this was so nasty, when can I stop seeing limbs cut off explicitly?

i was surprised by the amount of christian references used in this, i'm a christian myself and i guess i can say that it was more or less accurate maybe? like out of context?
Nov 25, 2019 3:31 PM

May 2014
Thread cleaned

Please refrain from starting arguments or upsetting users by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages with the intent of provoking users into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion (I.E Trolling) All this does is greatly derail threads with personal arguments and insults.
Nov 25, 2019 4:23 PM
Dec 2014
I really don't understand Canute's line of thinking and how you all are praising it

>God's love is discriminatory because only some people get saved

No, it's not discriminatory because EVERYONE is saved but they have to CHOOSE to be saved (believe that Christ died for their sins)
Nov 25, 2019 8:35 PM
Jul 2019
ilold said:
I really don't understand Canute's line of thinking and how you all are praising it

No, it's not discriminatory because EVERYONE is saved but they have to CHOOSE to be saved (believe that Christ died for their sins)

It’s not saying that God’s love is discriminatory, curious as to where did you get that from. It is saying that there is a difference between love and discrimination, and that nobody gets saved, because as long as we live we cannot love, therefore can never reach heaven.

Hence why Canute tells God that Bjorn cannot pass the trials that he has set for Bjorn, and why Canute says he’ll make a paradise on earth rather than heaven.

Also, I don’t think that most people here are praising this way of thinking because they agree with it. It’s probably because of how introspective this is, a nihilistic twist on God and Christianity.

I remember a comment on YouTube saying that the core of this ideology is that humans are just not capable of loving equally, no matter how hard they try. Just wanted to tack this on here because I think this is a pretty apt description of Canute and the priest’s way of thinking.
Jaegerbomb_106Nov 25, 2019 9:04 PM
Nov 26, 2019 6:11 AM
Dec 2014
Jaegerbomb_106 said:
ilold said:

It’s not saying that God’s love is discriminatory, curious as to where did you get that from. It is saying that there is a difference between love and discrimination, and that nobody gets saved, because as long as we live we cannot love, therefore can never reach heaven.

Hence why Canute tells God that Bjorn cannot pass the trials that he has set for Bjorn, and why Canute says he’ll make a paradise on earth rather than heaven.

Also, I don’t think that most people here are praising this way of thinking because they agree with it. It’s probably because of how introspective this is, a nihilistic twist on God and Christianity.

I remember a comment on YouTube saying that the core of this ideology is that humans are just not capable of loving equally, no matter how hard they try. Just wanted to tack this on here because I think this is a pretty apt description of Canute and the priest’s way of thinking.

some people have said that because of the priests response on how death/nature is love (eg. light shines on saint and sinner, non discriminatory)

As for Canutes thinking that Bjorn cannot pass the trials, he mistakenly thinks that God purposely stonewalls Bjorn from believing in him (not true). Bjorn had his chance to believe God's word but he didn't believe. That is freewill.

There will be some who die and don't have the chance to hear his message, God will judge them accordingly.
Nov 26, 2019 8:44 AM
Jul 2019
ilold said:
Jaegerbomb_106 said:

some people have said that because of the priests response on how death/nature is love (eg. light shines on saint and sinner, non discriminatory)

As for Canutes thinking that Bjorn cannot pass the trials, he mistakenly thinks that God purposely stonewalls Bjorn from believing in him (not true). Bjorn had his chance to believe God's word but he didn't believe. That is freewill.

There will be some who die and don't have the chance to hear his message, God will judge them accordingly.

I don’t think the free will to choose to believe in God is really the point of religion in this episode. Anybody can choose to believe, but Canute no longer believes that there is any point to follow God anymore, because no one will ever reach heaven with the impossible trials set for them by god. This view might have been inspired by The Grand Inquisitor, an interesting poem similar to the nihilistic view on Christianity that the priest believes in.

The priest said we became beasts incapable of love because we were expelled from paradise, and is the reason why we can never make it to paradise.

There’s actually a video on analyzing this view of love and I’d recommend nd it, because he could probably explain it better than I can: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n6D7x9Ua-wk
Jaegerbomb_106Nov 26, 2019 8:47 AM
Nov 26, 2019 2:26 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
It's crazy to me how a beast-like Thorkell openly admits his inferiority in battle against Thors. It puts some great respect on my man's name, I love it.
As hard as it is to admit, Askeladd's decision of assassinating Ragnar did wake up Canute.

ilold said:

Being saved is subjective to everybody's belief, It is apparent that you are a Christian for believing that Jesus died for our sins is what saves you, but for other religions, it's another thing.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
FancyjasperNov 29, 2019 1:58 PM
Nov 27, 2019 8:04 AM
Dec 2014
Jaegerbomb_106 said:
ilold said:

I don’t think the free will to choose to believe in God is really the point of religion in this episode. Anybody can choose to believe, but Canute no longer believes that there is any point to follow God anymore, because no one will ever reach heaven with the impossible trials set for them by god. This view might have been inspired by The Grand Inquisitor, an interesting poem similar to the nihilistic view on Christianity that the priest believes in.

The priest said we became beasts incapable of love because we were expelled from paradise, and is the reason why we can never make it to paradise.

There’s actually a video on analyzing this view of love and I’d recommend nd it, because he could probably explain it better than I can: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n6D7x9Ua-wk

"but Canute no longer believes that there is any point to follow God anymore, because no one will ever reach heaven with the impossible trials set for them by god. "

Which is why Jesus died for our sins so we (who are supposed to be impossibly far from God) have the chance to reach paradise.
Nov 27, 2019 12:40 PM

Jul 2014
More deep talk about love, and nice finally Canute acts like a leader
Nov 29, 2019 3:26 AM

May 2016
I still think this was a bit sudden but possible to happen, I really enjoyed this one. 5/5
Nov 29, 2019 1:15 PM
Aug 2019
Raizel said:
I still think this was a bit sudden but possible to happen, I really enjoyed this one. 5/5
I agree. A more gradual awakening would have been better. Nonetheless, it works. The steps the story takes to get there, from point A to Z, are logical. Also, while many may find the priest's philosophy objectionable, it's impressive how he transforms from, seemingly, EP11 comic relief into a character with an important role in how Canute's story has played out.
Dec 2, 2019 1:32 PM

Aug 2009
Things are getting super awesome.
Dec 3, 2019 8:49 AM

Jul 2016
Sure one of the best episodes I saw this year. I love Canute character so much, I'll definitely start the manga after this season.
Dec 5, 2019 5:36 PM

Aug 2015
This was a great episode. Very emotional ~ especially at the beginning. Thorkell and Thorfinns fight was quite interesting. Looks like Canute has finally found"his true self". Can't wait to watch the next episode.
Dec 5, 2019 9:02 PM

Jan 2019
It seems like the most popular episodes of Vinland Saga are the most divisive.
I genuinely never expected this.
Dec 6, 2019 5:27 AM
Jul 2018
Talk about character development! Canute has finally woke up and he definitely stole the episode!
Dec 12, 2019 1:18 PM

Apr 2016
Good episode but considering how the previous episode ended, I was expecting something more. However, Canute’s part was pretty good, I think I could enjoy him now.
Dec 13, 2019 6:59 PM

Nov 2015
IMO the best ep so far. So interesting seeing Canute change like that, and the idea of love, salvation and sin. To me it reminds me of modern civilization. A united world!

Katsura janai, Zura da

Dec 15, 2019 6:12 AM

Dec 2018
I am lost for words.

I've never seen anything handle religion this ridiculously well.

Willibald(the priest) might become a discriminator himself when he starts to fawn over his newfound king who's going to save man by giving them true meaning(I kinda feel this already happened when he was amazed and dropped his best friend, the keg)[I've never read the manga].
Dec 15, 2019 6:45 AM

Oct 2013
Oh great Odin Vinland Saga is just disgusting me so much right now
Lol death is the true expression of love because you give back to nature without complaining. Caring for someone is discrimination lol
What is this trash
Then Knut just after this tells others to not fight to the death because its meaningless
But bitch didn't you just now agree dying was the only true expression of love
If this wasn't written by the Japanese Id have thought it was disgusting Christian propaganda tbh
Dec 15, 2019 8:09 AM
May 2019
@Deknijf you're so wrong, misinterpreted it all

Lol death is the true expression of love because you give back to nature without complaining

you missed that you stop hurting anyone... all of this is about true love/unconditional love. the mountains and snow are love because they just exist, a creation incapable of discriminatoy love. a dead mass murderer>a living mass murderer

Caring for someone is discrimination lol
What is this trash

because you would hurt someone else in order to take care of who you love. it's not what the priest searches, neither did thors. start thinking instead of shit talking. it's not telling the viewer to think like this, it's a conversation between characters engaging in philosophy and theology.

Then Knut just after this tells others to not fight to the death because its meaningless
But bitch didn't you just now agree dying was the only true expression of love

no, they were fighting for a prince who's dead was already written (by his fathter the king), he's not worth money. you got his character and dialogue so wrong, he literally said "I will give meaning to your deaths and battle".

knut agrees with the priest on what true love is, but he goes against him and god, and wants to create his own paradise on earth. did you miss the lines where he blames god for not giving humans the will of true love, that humans are corrupted forever?

If this wasn't written by the Japanese Id have thought it was disgusting Christian propaganda tbh

that just means you're retarded as hell. you will see how dumb that sounds.

it seems a lot of fragile edgelords misunderstood all of this because they never watched something with actual good dialogue where you're not spoonfed everything
Waschmaschine369Dec 15, 2019 8:23 AM
Dec 15, 2019 12:49 PM

Oct 2013
Waschmaschine369 said:
you missed that you stop hurting anyone... all of this is about true love/unconditional love. the mountains and snow are love because they just exist, a creation incapable of discriminatoy love. a dead mass murderer>a living mass murderer
Nah I didn't miss that part. I just didn't include it because I didn't think it mattered for what I think as a whole is a dumb conversation
Waschmaschine369 said:
because you would hurt someone else in order to take care of who you love. it's not what the priest searches, neither did thors. start thinking instead of shit talking. it's not telling the viewer to think like this, it's a conversation between characters engaging in philosophy and theology.
Im not saying the series is telling the viewers to think like this though. Im just disgusted with the idea of saying this since I find it insulting towards my own interpretation of what love is
What can I say man. I just don't find the mindset deep honestly and rather stupid
Waschmaschine369 said:
no, they were fighting for a prince who's dead was already written (by his fathter the king), he's not worth money. you got his character and dialogue so wrong, he literally said "I will give meaning to your deaths and battle".

Knut agrees with the priest on what true love is, but he goes against him and god, and wants to create his own paradise on earth. did you miss the lines where he blames god for not giving humans the will of true love, that humans are corrupted forever?
Pretty sure thats the episode after this which I waited several hours to watch because took a break but no I didn't miss that part I believe but hey if I did my bad then I guess. Id blame the fact I had to witness such a disgusting conversation my mind decided to fixate on that part and didn't process what happens after
Waschmaschine369 said:
that just means you're retarded as hell. you will see how dumb that sounds.

it seems a lot of fragile edge lords misunderstood all of this because they never watched something with actual good dialogue where you're not spoonfed everything
Oh yes my dude, clearly calling everyone perceived bad buzzwords who didn't like the message they just watched will surely help hammer in your point
DeknijffDec 15, 2019 12:53 PM
Dec 15, 2019 1:47 PM
May 2019
Deknijff said:
Nah I didn't miss that part. I just didn't include it because I didn't think it mattered for what I think as a whole is a dumb conversation

you do a bad job at explainign what's supposedly dumb about it

Deknijff said:
Im not saying the series is telling the viewers to think like this though. Im just disgusted with the idea of saying this since I find it insulting towards my own interpretation of what love is
What can I say man. I just don't find the mindset deep honestly and rather stupid

you mean your own mindset is stupid lol? you understand they're talking about a different kind of love right, from a theological perspective, somewhat Christian with artistic liberties taken. I assume you're an atheist

they're not talking about the love you have for your parents/friends, rather the whole world so to speak.

Deknijff said:
Pretty sure thats the episode after this which I waited several hours to watch because took a break but no I didn't miss that part I believe but hey if I did my bad then I guess. Id blame the fact I had to witness such a disgusting conversation my mind decided to fixate on that part and didn't process what happens after

that's your own fault, for taking something it and perceiving it as much worse then it actually is. he did say ''this battle is meaningless, I will give meaning to your battles and deaths'' in ep 18.

Deknijff said:
Oh yes my dude, clearly calling everyone perceived bad buzzwords who didn't like the message they just watched will surely help hammer in your point

well you didn't get the message, knut has disdain for god and wants to create his own paradise on earth, refusing too partake in this unconditional love stuff because it's impossible to reach. thors tried and died, canute will use violence while still believing it. I'm not sure how unconditional love is something bad to strive for, especially if you're going the route to use any means necessary

again, it's not a message, it's an actual religious concept and you're not meant to take it in as a message to the viewer, but a conversation between characters who are searching for meaning

it's just exploring different facets of love

also
Deknijff said:
disgusting Christian propaganda

yeh sure sorry for the insults but you're not any better for reaching to dumb conclusions in order to shit talk something, like so many others

it becomes hard to see a line between trolling and pure idiocy

Dec 15, 2019 3:18 PM

Oct 2013
Waschmaschine369 said:
you do a bad job at explaining what's supposedly dumb about it
You are correct because I haven't attempted to do so anywhere in our discussion here because no one has asked me to do so. Im just stating my opinion
Waschmaschine369 said:
you mean your own mindset is stupid lol? you understand they're talking about a different kind of love right, from a theological perspective, somewhat Christian with artistic liberties taken. I assume you're an atheist

they're not talking about the love you have for your parents/friends, rather the whole world so to speak.
Rather weird they mention Ragnar's devotion towards Knut then and saying it was discrimination because such actions can lead to hurting others
Feels to me that they are talking about peoples's feelings and the priest belittling such emotions to not being true love from his own view point as far as I can see
Waschmaschine369 said:
that's your own fault, for taking something it and perceiving it as much worse then it actually is. he did say ''this battle is meaningless, I will give meaning to your battles and deaths'' in ep 18.
Whoops my bad then I guess if thats the case
Waschmaschine369 said:
well you didn't get the message, Knut has disdain for god and wants to create his own paradise on earth, refusing too partake in this unconditional love stuff because it's impossible to reach. Thor's tried and died, Knut will use violence while still believing it.
Yeah I got that after episode 19 or 20 but thanks for saying it to me I guess
Waschmaschine369 said:
again, it's not a message, it's an actual religious concept and you're not meant to take it in as a message to the viewer, but a conversation between characters who are searching for meaning

it's just exploring different facets of love
But again I'm not saying its a message towards the viewer so I don't get why you bring that up again
Dec 15, 2019 3:49 PM
May 2019
Deknijff said:
Rather weird they mention Ragnar's devotion towards Knut then and saying it was discrimination because such actions can lead to hurting others
Feels to me that they are talking about peoples's feelings and the priest belittling such emotions to not being true love from his own view point as far as I can see

a carcass, mountain and snowball indeed do have emotions >.<

ragnar's devotion towards Knut is not true love from the priest's pov, because he literally was okay with killing 62 innocents to keep him safe. it's not the same kind of love he searches , thors wouldn't do it, he wouldn't even kill one of them. ''a true warrior doesn't need a sword''

he speaks about love in a ideological way, not emotional. remember conversations with the common soldiers? it's not simply love in the daily usage we use

I mean you could just google ''what does love mean'' and you get a bunch of shit from different cultures and religions

Deknijff said:
But again I'm not saying its a message towards the viewer so I don't get why you bring that up again

you said ''the message'' again tho, thought you meant it that way still

thx for being nice, sorry for the insults, you didn't (completely) deserve it. hope I was able to make you understand it more in some way, even though ep19 and 20 do a good job giving more info too
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2019

391 by ecklonia »»
Apr 15, 7:04 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2019

271 by Fibyu »»
Apr 10, 9:53 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2019

792 by skywizard »»
Mar 29, 2:07 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2019

259 by JustAnotherShiro »»
Mar 24, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2019

407 by xyara_girl »»
Mar 23, 12:30 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.