Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Nov 23, 2019 11:25 PM
Nov 2018
Ushiwakamaru - " A child who really admired me existed a thoundsand years in the future. And that fact alone makes it all the worth risking this temporary life for."
Yasuhiro-Nov 24, 2019 12:13 AM

"Self respect is the greatest gift we can give to our self"

Nov 23, 2019 11:28 PM

Oct 2008
all of those hype battles of Ushiwakamaru & Leonidas was all in vain and just got foddered by that medusa thing! then just run away? i mean what!?
4/5.

Nov 24, 2019 1:49 AM
Jun 2017
Wow, Tiamat in anime is so large... that amidst Ushi and Leonidas already use their NP, it didnt cause any damage to Tiamat (or Gorgon).

And seeing how her NP attack in anime makes you realized how strong she really is.

Well i am just laughing when merlin volunteered to fight her but after facing her, he changed his mind and asked ritsuka to defend him... hahaha

As a FGO player i love this episode... as i can visualize how the said fight runs...

Hmmm. Im excited to see more what will happen next.. and of course its way far but im excited to see king Hassan battle it out
Nov 24, 2019 1:50 AM

Aug 2009
Aidamis said:
Hello. Please, allow me to explain the 2/5 rating.

The season is supposed to be 26 episodes long.

We're 8 episodes in. I'm not an expert scenarist, not the most avid reader, but story-wise it felt like they blew their load too quickly, just to show off how OP Tiamat was.

A few details:
- Compounding two deaths of already underdevelopped characters into the same episode reduces the weight and importance of each death.
- Ideally, they should've lost at most one Servant and then we would see other living with the grief. Deaths would be spaced out and really felt, as the defenders of the wall fall one by one.
- The hell was Gilgamesh doing if he was the summonner? he should've recalled both Servants before they were completely wiped out (granted he might have approved of Ushiwakamaru's kamikaze attack but within the rules of the Nasuverse Leonidas might have been salvageable)

More importantly, if the idea behind the episode was to convey a "Darkest Hour" as it is defined in fiction, then it is misplaced. Darkest Hours usually occur right before the final act, they often serve as the make of break moment where the protagonist surrenders to despair or find something that might be a solution, or at least the willpower to keep fighting.
Some stories can carry several "Darkest Hours" but the placement of this one felt weird. If one third into the story Team Fujimaru is already down two Servants, the hell will they do in the next two thirds of the anime, especially now that the wall has been completely blown up?

Tl;dr nice effects and fan service, the fight scenes were good, but the strategical placement of these character and wall losses seemed misaligned. Let's see how the show will continue afterwards.

-Why are they underdeveloped?Actually, why do they need further development after they established their characters? Servants hardly learn new things or change their ways after they are summoned. Saber, Iskandar and FSN Archer are the exception, not the rule.Hell, lore wise it is pointless for them to develop sine they are copies and the Heroic Spirit inthe Throne of Heroes will never change.
We dont need a reason for freaking Leonidas doing the thing he is most famous for.Ushi didnt even need her "friendship" with Ritsuka to continue fighting but it was a better push.

-What makes you think things CANT get a lot worse than losing two wall defenders?

-He isnt near enough and, if you noticed last ep, Benkei told Ushi to not enter the city because Gilgamesh forbid them from going in.Why?Maybe he knew this would happen? It has been said before that he has Clairvoyance. 1+1=2.

This isnt even close to the "Darkest Hour".

Hints on what they will do are scattered in every ep. yes even in the scene with the one character in tiger pajamas.

Nov 24, 2019 3:16 AM

Aug 2013
Now this was a phenomenal episode; for this animation to come out of CloverWorks aka the love child of A-1 pictures? They did an amazing job. This definitely shits on the big Sieg vs Karna episode in apocrypha in an epic way. Ushiwakamaru and Leonidas are top level respect man.
Don't believe the hype.
Nov 24, 2019 4:23 AM
Jul 2007
DedPanda said:
Now this was a phenomenal episode; for this animation to come out of CloverWorks aka the love child of A-1 pictures? They did an amazing job. This definitely shits on the big Sieg vs Karna episode in apocrypha in an epic way. Ushiwakamaru and Leonidas are top level respect man.

It's way beyond your average anime animation for a TV series. That fight was one of the most epic sakuga animation I've seen. I really didn't care about the CGI because everything around it makes up for it. The quality of the animation has remained consistent throughout the entire run. Also, I've been watching SAO right after FGO every week and the amount of work in each frame just totally trumps SAO's all around. Funny now that I think about it, Apocrypha was made by A-1 who does SAO, so it makes sense both SAO and Apocrypha are kind of mediocre and inconsistent as far as animation quality is concerned. Sieg vs Karna was never that impressive to me because they looked like stick figures and you could barely make out what's going on; lack of detail in each frame was very cheap, like they rushed drawing it. Like how comes these "rape" scenes in SAO are exquisitely animated, then the main battle they are airing right now is just totally low quality? ...I gotta applaud Cloverworks for not holding back and taking their time. I knew this TV series was gonna be top tier the moment I saw Ishtar kick the crap out of that demon beast and do an epic hydroplane. Normally don't see consistent sakuga like this in a TV series, only in an anime movie/OVA. I read a comment on twitter that the FGO TV series has better animation than the Camelot movie being made my Production IG based on the trailers out right now, and I have to agree. The gacha whale budget Cloverworks is drawing from is clearly unlimited.
eraltergNov 24, 2019 4:54 AM
Nov 24, 2019 5:03 AM
Oct 2019
deg said:

and i do not get why Ushiwakamaru is rider class though since her illusions are not mounts or for riding? or is she rider class because of her speed alone?

In the Opening video for FGO game, Ushiwakamaru does show riding a horse. To be honest, I'm kinda disappointed about her not using it in the anime but it's not much of a big deal.
Nov 24, 2019 5:10 AM
Oct 2019
Ushi's and Leo's last stand was glorious. The game had more focus on the former but cloverworkes outdid themselves with Leonidas. Dat 300 reference was good.

Although, I am a bit disappointed about how they animated Ushi but it's not bad. Just didn't live up to my expectations. But then again, they made Leonidas more amazing and Ushi's speech+singing before she used her Noble Phantasm to attack Gorgon was a nice touch. Adds more weight to the fights with emotions. Plus I really liked the scene where Fujimaru picked up a piece of the broken wall and placed it like how Leonidas taught him earlier. I am really glad they gave him an actual human personality instead of handling him as an industry standard blank slate audience surrogate even if he is a player surrogate in the game. It fits with the theme of the first arc of FGO nicely (not gonna spoil it).
Nov 24, 2019 6:03 AM

Jun 2016
omg this episode is awesome !!

how much money for produce this episode 8 ??
Nov 24, 2019 6:09 AM

Aug 2010
Rebelblade71 said:
Although, I am a bit disappointed about how they animated Ushi but it's not bad. Just didn't live up to my expectations.

They made Ushi go full on Metal Gear Rising on Gorgon's ass with some amazing levels of animation, which becomes insane when you consider that this is, in fact, not a movie.

How exactly did this not meet your expectations? I'm seriously wondering.
Nov 24, 2019 6:31 AM

Apr 2015
So, correct me if i'm wrong? Did the anime actually made some FGO strategics?

Because..

1. He did this buff when shouting with his army:
Warrior's War Cry B
Increases party's Buster performance for 3 turns.

2. He later do his NP:

Thermopylae Enomotia
Guardian of the Flame Gate
Gains critical stars.
Increases own defense for 3 turns.
Draws attention of all enemies to self for 3 turns.

So he was literally not just defending the whole wall but he was taunting Gorgon while Ushi was recovering and BUFFING her.

It's probably just a coincidence but if they in fact did this for gameplay reference then this was actually amazingly done :'D

PS: I hope DW freaking gives Ushi a whole animation update.
DO IT YOU LAZY BASTARDS.
Nov 24, 2019 6:37 AM
Jul 2019
ThiccElinThighs said:
Bad CG snakes, weird animation (but still kinda cool), nonsensical dialogues.

I'm hesitating to give it more than 6/10.
Dude do u ve any sense of action..ya sure the cg snakes were okay ND all but the fight was fucking amazing..ND deserves 9 if not 10..like c Mon Mann..
Nov 24, 2019 7:02 AM

Sep 2014
USHI NOOOOOOOOOOOOO I've seen enough hentai to know where that was going bu thankfully it didn't.
Nov 24, 2019 7:03 AM

Jun 2014
Damn.....all I have to say was that this was an incredible episode.

Also, RIP Leonidas.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 24, 2019 7:08 AM

May 2015
THIS IS MADNESS! THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!!!!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Nov 24, 2019 7:17 AM
Jul 2007
Aidamis said:
If one third into the story Team Fujimaru is already down two Servants, the hell will they do in the next two thirds of the anime, especially now that the wall has been completely blown up?

Tl;dr nice effects and fan service, the fight scenes were good, but the strategical placement of these character and wall losses seemed misaligned. Let's see how the show will continue afterwards.

The way I see it, if the show is this good at ep 8, it means the rest of the show is going to be even better. There are still a bunch of other characters and current ones that obviously have the potential to change sides.
Nov 24, 2019 7:36 AM

Aug 2009
Veromaye said:
So, correct me if i'm wrong? Did the anime actually made some FGO strategics?

Because..

1. He did this buff when shouting with his army:
Warrior's War Cry B
Increases party's Buster performance for 3 turns.

2. He later do his NP:

Thermopylae Enomotia
Guardian of the Flame Gate
Gains critical stars.
Increases own defense for 3 turns.
Draws attention of all enemies to self for 3 turns.

So he was literally not just defending the whole wall but he was taunting Gorgon while Ushi was recovering and BUFFING her.

It's probably just a coincidence but if they in fact did this for gameplay reference then this was actually amazingly done :'D

PS: I hope DW freaking gives Ushi a whole animation update.
DO IT YOU LAZY BASTARDS.

Leonida's attack used the stars gain by his NP to deal a critical hit on Gorgon as well.

Too bad NPs cant do criticals or else Ushi could have done some damage

They should give Leo animation update and some skill buff as well.

At least make the ghosts of of the 300 appear in his animations.
Nov 24, 2019 9:11 AM

Aug 2013
superzombie23 said:
DedPanda said:

It's way beyond your average anime animation for a TV series. That fight was one of the most epic sakuga animation I've seen. I really didn't care about the CGI because everything around it makes up for it. The quality of the animation has remained consistent throughout the entire run. Also, I've been watching SAO right after FGO every week and the amount of work in each frame just totally trumps SAO's all around. Funny now that I think about it, Apocrypha was made by A-1 who does SAO, so it makes sense both SAO and Apocrypha are kind of mediocre and inconsistent as far as animation quality is concerned. Sieg vs Karna was never that impressive to me because they looked like stick figures and you could barely make out what's going on; lack of detail in each frame was very cheap, like they rushed drawing it. Like how comes these "rape" scenes in SAO are exquisitely animated, then the main battle they are airing right now is just totally low quality? ...I gotta applaud Cloverworks for not holding back and taking their time. I knew this TV series was gonna be top tier the moment I saw Ishtar kick the crap out of that demon beast and do an epic hydroplane. Normally don't see consistent sakuga like this in a TV series, only in an anime movie/OVA. I read a comment on twitter that the FGO TV series has better animation than the Camelot movie being made my Production IG based on the trailers out right now, and I have to agree. The gacha whale budget Cloverworks is drawing from is clearly unlimited.

THIS RIGHT HERE. Yes just yes, you get me.
Don't believe the hype.
Nov 24, 2019 10:29 AM

Feb 2014
Leonidas and Ushiwakamaru truly deserve to have the MVP tags to their names after their heroic battle against Gorgon. I was expecting some great animation, but CloverWorks blew my expectations out of the water.

The CGI movements of Gorgon was a little inconsistent here and there, but aside from that, the whole animation for Leonidas' NP attack and both of Ushiwakamaru's assaults were excellent. The combination of that animation, along with the soundtrack and very good sound effects left me feeling goosebumps.

Despite all of that, it wasn't enough to take Gorgon down as Leonidas and Ushi lost. However, Enkidu did stop Gorgon from attacking further, and then warned Fujimaru's group that they'll attack again in 10 days. The morale for Fujimaru's group must've been almost empty, but after seeing Fujimaru making an effort to rebuild the damaged wall, the Uruk army got their mojo back and helped him.

The last scene of the episode showed Ushiwakamaru still alive, but she was held captive in Enkidu's factory. Ushi was defiant and still verbally criticised Enkidu's whole plan, which he rewarded her by cutting into her gut with his finger, then dropped her to the floor just so he could stomp on her open wound. Ouch.... >.<

I'm not sure what will happen next time, but I'm looking forward to it as always. =D
Nov 24, 2019 10:58 AM

Aug 2009
Someone asked how Ushi's tits remain covered...well...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EKJGp0AU8AAvuA9?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Our whole life was a lie. Rip our dreams.
Nov 24, 2019 11:34 AM

Apr 2016
ssjokg said:
Someone asked how Ushi's tits remain covered...well...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EKJGp0AU8AAvuA9?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Our whole life was a lie. Rip our dreams.

The adhesiveness on those clothes is out of this world.
Nov 24, 2019 11:58 AM

Aug 2016
I liked Ushiwakamaru alot this episode the sacrifice felt quite cool. I only wish Ushiwakamaru was a bit smarter. He tries so hard to be the hero of the story but just has nothing other than hes mc shounen protagonist status going for him. That brick scene made me feel like i was watching a generic shounen. I hope this serie gets beter with the episodes. I am not totally feeling it yet so far but I am not dropping it because i like fate to much.
Nov 24, 2019 3:30 PM

Nov 2009
You know what? I think I finally realized what makes Fate so bland and boring. For all the praise about how good the franchise's fights and animation look, there are no real weight or stakes behind them. The anime didn't give us any reasons to care about the fate of either of the two characters that were featured in this episode (both of which had less than 10 mins of screen-time total before this ep). Then to make it even worse, the whole fight was absolutely pointless since it didn't change anything on the antagonist's side, who would have retreated anyway due to androgynous green hair boy's interference at the end there.

Nov 24, 2019 5:05 PM

May 2015
xenovibe said:
You know what? I think I finally realized what makes Fate so bland and boring. For all the praise about how good the franchise's fights and animation look, there are no real weight or stakes behind them. The anime didn't give us any reasons to care about the fate of either of the two characters that were featured in this episode (both of which had less than 10 mins of screen-time total before this ep). Then to make it even worse, the whole fight was absolutely pointless since it didn't change anything on the antagonist's side, who would have retreated anyway due to androgynous green hair boy's interference at the end there.

Fate is weird from an anime only perspective because the series always has some expectation that you're familiar with the characters being showcased in some context(in FGO case, the servants lore is given in depth the moment you get them). Babylonia also thematically focuses on humanity fighting against the gods despite the futility. This episode encapsulates that perfectly, so I appreciate the effort the staff put to Leonidas/Ushiwaka...

Nov 24, 2019 6:05 PM
Nov 2014
Dai-Shouri said:
Aidamis said:
Hello. Please, allow me to explain the 2/5 rating.

The season is supposed to be 26 episodes long.

We're 8 episodes in. I'm not an expert scenarist, not the most avid reader, but story-wise it felt like they blew their load too quickly, just to show off how OP Tiamat was.

A few details:
- Compounding two deaths of already underdevelopped characters into the same episode reduces the weight and importance of each death.
- Ideally, they should've lost at most one Servant and then we would see other living with the grief. Deaths would be spaced out and really felt, as the defenders of the wall fall one by one.
- The hell was Gilgamesh doing if he was the summonner? he should've recalled both Servants before they were completely wiped out (granted he might have approved of Ushiwakamaru's kamikaze attack but within the rules of the Nasuverse Leonidas might have been salvageable)

More importantly, if the idea behind the episode was to convey a "Darkest Hour" as it is defined in fiction, then it is misplaced. Darkest Hours usually occur right before the final act, they often serve as the make of break moment where the protagonist surrenders to despair or find something that might be a solution, or at least the willpower to keep fighting.
Some stories can carry several "Darkest Hours" but the placement of this one felt weird. If one third into the story Team Fujimaru is already down two Servants, the hell will they do in the next two thirds of the anime, especially now that the wall has been completely blown up?

Not Tiamat not sure why people keep saying that after this episode

To be fair people had years to get attached to these characters.

Ushi isn't dead we saw this

Why would Gil have command seals?

This is nowhere near the darkest hour.

Fair enough. So the show's intended audience aren't newcomers? ok then
Nov 24, 2019 6:06 PM
Nov 2014
Thess said:
It's 21 episodes, not 26.

Thanks, I must have forgotten. I only recalled it was much longer than the market's average, it's just that 21 is a weird number.
Nov 24, 2019 7:45 PM

Mar 2008
ImbalancedEmblem said:
xenovibe said:

Fate is weird from an anime only perspective because the series always has some expectation that you're familiar with the characters being showcased in some context(in FGO case, the servants lore is given in depth the moment you get them). Babylonia also thematically focuses on humanity fighting against the gods despite the futility. This episode encapsulates that perfectly, so I appreciate the effort the staff put to Leonidas/Ushiwaka...

I mean on this point fundamentally, I'd land further on the negative. I think anime viewers have a lot of merit when it comes to claims about the lack of narrative focus in the anime - just because it looks "good" as action doesn't make the thematic fidelity, dramatic timing, and storytelling effective - even moreso when this eats into what could be "storytelling time".

This ep works for Leonidas to a fair extent (his stand my was favourite bit!), but for anime-onlies when given his lack of grounding up to this point: we just lose out the immensity of his loss as the commander and morale cornerstone of the battlefront - thus why people seem to be framing it in the context of losing two servants as opposed to these heroes for their individual abilities. So while the game goes to certain lengths to spell out the importance and efficacy of his leadership up till this point, the anime instead skims this build-up for a quick training montage and a pep talk with Gudao. One might extrapolate and consider that unimportant - but it's just one among many small decisions which chip away at the story strengths of Babylonia as a whole.
CkanNov 24, 2019 7:49 PM
Nov 24, 2019 8:10 PM

Sep 2010
I disagree about the futile effort of humanity fighting gods when, you know, the Ages of Gods do come to an end
Another important theme it has is fighting against one self.
Nov 24, 2019 9:37 PM

May 2015
Ckan said:

I mean on this point fundamentally, I'd land further on the negative. I think anime viewers have a lot of merit when it comes to claims about the lack of narrative focus in the anime - just because it looks "good" as action doesn't make the thematic fidelity, dramatic timing, and storytelling effective - even moreso when this eats into what could be "storytelling time".

This ep works for Leonidas to a fair extent (his stand my was favourite bit!), but for anime-onlies when given his lack of grounding up to this point: we just lose out the immensity of his loss as the commander and morale cornerstone of the battlefront - thus why people seem to be framing it in the context of losing two servants as opposed to these heroes for their individual abilities. So while the game goes to certain lengths to spell out the importance and efficacy of his leadership up till this point, the anime instead skims this build-up for a quick training montage and a pep talk with Gudao. One might extrapolate and consider that unimportant - but it's just one among many small decisions which chip away at the story strengths of Babylonia as a whole.

Not at all disagreing regarding Leonidas' relevance in the anime narrative being underutilized. I was just saying that general familiarity with the characters in FGO makes what happened this episode more impactful in contrast to anime viewers perspective. Hence why I still appreciated the send off of the character. I also pointed it out since Fate in particular has a plethora of characters/storylines to be acquainted with(too much for it's own good imo).

@Thess

Nov 24, 2019 9:56 PM

Jul 2016
Well, there go my ears. Who needs them anyways...

Great episode overall. Seeing the transitions between Gorgon in CGI and the rest of characters was a bit off putting for moments but the fantastic animation and fight scenes with Ushi and Leonidas absolutely made up for it. Their last stand was amazing and way too badass for me to properly describe them.
I only wish they would have explained Benkei's situation in one of the previous episodes so that way, it wouldn't have looked so "out of the blue" but well.

P.S.: By the way, just wanna say how amazed I am of Ushi's... armor. Her chest plates basically have the same physics control as Rin's skirt... incredible.
Nov 24, 2019 10:01 PM

Sep 2010
@ImbalancedEmblem

Nov 24, 2019 10:53 PM

May 2015
@Thess

Nov 25, 2019 12:03 AM

Aug 2009
xenovibe said:

Right....because losing two defenders and still not being able to secure humanity's restoration isnt a big enough stake....

Some people should just come out and say ghat they watch Fate just so they can shit on it.
Nov 25, 2019 7:50 AM
Oct 2019
astroprogs said:

How exactly did this not meet your expectations? I'm seriously wondering.

I had way too much expectation from her due to how her last stand was one of those key moments in the game and due to how cloverworks handled the previous fights. But still it was pretty great and instead of the fight animation itself, I loved how they added more to the characters with how Ushi talks about her reason to fight for humanity. Glad they did more justice to them as characters. But Leonidas was the one who was a pleasant surprise with the 300 reference.
Well there are still much more important fights coming in the future, especially in the final arc. Really hoping for Cloverworks to pull something that surpasses Sieg vs Karna in Apocrypha.
Nov 25, 2019 9:12 AM
Oct 2019
After watch fgo so far, i think i would love to see idea of shimousa manga where master summon shadow version of servants gudako owns to fight along with servants.
And a chaos god version, maybe gags like anime about how we literraly 1 shot kingu, gorgon, tiamamt and king mage
Nov 25, 2019 9:15 AM

Aug 2009
Tspeed said:

And a chaos god version, maybe gags like anime about how we literraly 1 shot kingu, gorgon, tiamamt and king mage

They should have done omakes after the end crredits. too bad.
Nov 25, 2019 9:27 AM

Aug 2010
ssjokg said:
Tspeed said:

lol To be fair, it's kinda hard to go from

"You'll pay for mouthing against me and my mother by throwing you into a pool of the physical manifestation of all the corruption in the world. I'd also wag my finger at you, but it's too busy being in your kidney at the moment".

to

"HAHAHA all of you humans shall die and-... wait, who's that Japanese girl in the red jacket? Why are you retreating, humanity's last Master? Why am I hearing Kalafina?"
Nov 25, 2019 9:57 AM
Jan 2016
Damn what an episode, this fight sequences were just so epic!

Ushiwakamaru and Leonidas were really badass, and their abilities and moves were just so amazing, i am sad for them but was really a intense fight, seems Leonidas is descendent of Zeus!

Gorgon is insane for sure!

Poor Ushiwakamaru got captured and now maybe will be turned into a monster, she didn't deserve!
Nov 25, 2019 10:24 AM

Aug 2009
astroprogs said:
ssjokg said:

"You'll pay for mouthing against me and my mother by throwing you into a pool of the physical manifestation of all the corruption in the world. I'd also wag my finger at you, but it's too busy being in your kidney at the moment".

to

"HAHAHA all of you humans shall die and-... wait, who's that Japanese girl in the red jacket? Why are you retreating, humanity's last Master? Why am I hearing Kalafina?"

I am assuming that's
Ishtar? off topic but do you know how she compares to
power wise?
Nov 25, 2019 10:56 AM

Aug 2010
ssjokg said:
astroprogs said:

to

I am assuming that's
power wise?

I was going for Shiki, actually. I thought the Kalafina part would be a dead giveaway.

Not sure how they compare in power, honestly. I'm not that far caught up with both LB4 and SWII.
Nov 25, 2019 11:13 AM

Aug 2009
astroprogs said:
ssjokg said:

I am assuming that's
power wise?

I was going for Shiki, actually. I thought the Kalafina part would be a dead giveaway.

Not sure how they compare in power, honestly. I'm not that far caught up with both LB4 and SWII.

I was thinking of UBW for some reason,not sure why.
Nov 25, 2019 11:22 AM

Aug 2010
ssjokg said:
astroprogs said:

I was thinking of UBW for some reason,not sure why.

It's understandable, it's because you know me. I'm always talking about Rin unless stated otherwise lol
Nov 25, 2019 7:13 PM
Mar 2015
Tiamat/Gorgon and her son are really pains in the ass. Taimat was a god Medusa was a woman turned into a monster by Athena
Nov 25, 2019 8:51 PM

Mar 2019
Top-Tier Animation, loved the directing, when the battle ended, I thought that 24 mins have been passed, but it was only 13 mins lmao.

King of Sparta's fight was 10/10 imo. It was the best scene in this episode. This episode alone made me re-think about giving this anime a better score.
Nov 25, 2019 9:18 PM

Sep 2011
NougamiZero said:
This episode has a little, big problem

Oh I'm sorry, did Clover Works not use enough flashing lights and bright colors in an attempt to cut corners like ufotable does.

FFS ufotable dick riding needs to stop.
Nov 26, 2019 3:33 AM

Oct 2012
What an episode. Animation was GODTIER, Jesus fucking Christ, I was blew away. And HUGE props for Yoshikazu, finally his fighting scene didn't sound like frying pans hitting each other. Makes me believe I'll be able to enjoy his sound direction in the future.
Nov 26, 2019 7:40 AM
Aug 2018
The animation is godly and so satisfying, and also the sound design.

Ushiwakamaru is real MVP. Leonidas NP is amazing. They’re both given justice in this anime, considering how in-game material/story/novel is just bland characters saying something on some facial expression, on some overused bg, on some overused bgm. This anime sure took a lot of work and love.

Excellent job for Cloverwork.
Enjoy your day sometimes.
Nov 26, 2019 7:46 AM

Jan 2015
This anime must be the most well animated one I’ve ever watched. 8 episodes and not a single drop in quality, this is just insane
Nov 26, 2019 10:02 AM

Jul 2009
This series really has some nice actions scenes.

lawl at Merlin's retreat xD

The end digging into Ushiwaka's stomach was gross. I felt the pain.
Nov 26, 2019 10:30 AM

May 2018
Ushi: Hi
Also Ushi: Bye
Also Ushi: Hi
Also Ushi: Bye
also Ushi: Time to get a tan!
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2020

185 by keynutil »»
Apr 11, 8:51 AM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2019

173 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 9, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2019

287 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 9, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2020

186 by Apreggi »»
Jan 11, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2020

220 by Apreggi »»
Jan 11, 2:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.