Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (24) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Nov 22, 2019 2:01 PM
Nov 2019
Giving a SHOW a score (wahtever score it is) because you either like/dislike its fanbase is amongst one od the dumbest things I can imagine. Score the anime on its own merits, quit being a whiny little baby lashing out cause you dont like its fans lmao. Thats some petty childish bullshit, if youre an adult its embarrassing to act like that
Nov 22, 2019 2:03 PM

Oct 2018
Tubbyman said:
-Aincrad- said:

Mods are being blamed for doing nothing, acting like it's nothing. They just keep deleting threads, saying nothing. Saying they can't do anything about it for now(which is obviously not true) would still be better, than just deleting anything related to it(except for this thread for some reason) without a word.

An admin has already given a response in this thread: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1811115&show=50#msg58667545

Oh I completely missed this one.

But it's pretty much the same mods have said a few times. Although I guess it's just me being stupid, but I've always thought mods have right to delete accounts. I mean, that would makes more sense if they had(I guess?)

Although that doesn't change the fact they shouldn't just delete threads without a word.

Why don't they just create a thread explaining everything(pretty much what the admin said), and just close these kind of threads instead of deleting(if they do either of them no matter what) and refer to the thread containing their explanation?
-Aincrad-Nov 22, 2019 2:11 PM
Nov 22, 2019 7:03 PM

Oct 2013
AkameYokai said:
Giving a SHOW a score (wahtever score it is) because you either like/dislike its fanbase is amongst one od the dumbest things I can imagine. Score the anime on its own merits, quit being a whiny little baby lashing out cause you dont like its fans lmao. Thats some petty childish bullshit, if youre an adult its embarrassing to act like that

I completely agree. It's sad, yet true. :(
Nov 22, 2019 7:49 PM

May 2014
Like some people might have said before, MAL is more a database for anime than a site for scoring and opinions. When looking for something new, I do look at the score and the reviews, but ultimately, a first episode try and a few chosen tags (genre) and episode/series length is the minimum criteria to anyone. Some people might look for popular shows too.

That being said, the MAL team should probably be able to take some kind of preventive measures ASAP. Let's trust them on this matter.
Nov 22, 2019 8:01 PM

Apr 2018
That hater ain't botting, I don't think so xD
If you watch the successive 1 grades it's one guy who's manually creating accounts every minutes or so, changing ip's and such. Like it's painstakingly slow ahaha!
So that dude is taking whole afternoons and evenings to keep on raping the MAL signup page. We're talking about some big time major league Neet man, that's is genuinely SAD.
Best thing to do would be to close the discussion about this, because trolls are not gonna change, they love to be at the center.
We should talk about the show, review it and let that lonely guy wank on his most hated animes ratings alone.
Nov 23, 2019 4:34 AM

Jun 2019
If these guys keep creating bots, Pokemon (2019) will finally be above Chihayafuru as it should be, right? I guess that Pikachu is cuter than Shinobu.
Nov 23, 2019 4:45 AM

Feb 2013
Meusnier said:
If these guys keep creating bots, Pokemon (2019) will finally be above Chihayafuru as it should be, right? I guess that Pikachu is cuter than Shinobu.

Pokemon 2019 had a pretty a-okay first episode TBH

Fuck the people raiding scores in general tho, it ruins all the fun of giving scores/trying to hype up shows
Nov 23, 2019 5:04 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Thread cleaned.
I removed some posts that contained baiting and the replies to them. This is not the first time this happened in this thread. Please keep the posts civil or else we will have to lock it.

I do understand that the situation is frustrating, but baiting/insulting others in this thread does not help. If you want to express your feelings feel free to do this here but in a civil way. You can also contact the customer support and let them know how you feel about the situation (click "contact customer support" at the bottom of this page).

Meusnier said:
Thank you for your detailed answer. I hope that the measures will be implemented in a near future, at least before the end of this double season (24 episodes). Just one point that puzzles me; the measures to counter bots/haters that you referred to cannot be very efficient since a single guy could bypass them. To use a metaphor which may have some echo here, MAL act as the police in Death Note when they claim that

They're mostly for spambots. It helps for rating trolls to a certain degree but like I said in my post it's definitely not enough.

-InfiniteLoop- said:
@Luna - Your post was really well written. Although do admins not have some mass blocking feature?

The problem with mass blocking or mass deleting is that I'd still have to check all the accounts manually to make sure that no legit account is blocked/deleted. And doing this for all entries is impossible (Chihayafuru is not the only entry that is affected). This is something that a system needs to do.

-Aincrad- said:
But it's pretty much the same mods have said a few times. Although I guess it's just me being stupid, but I've always thought mods have right to delete accounts. I mean, that would makes more sense if they had(I guess?)

Although that doesn't change the fact they shouldn't just delete threads without a word.

Why don't they just create a thread explaining everything(pretty much what the admin said), and just close these kind of threads instead of deleting(if they do either of them no matter what) and refer to the thread containing their explanation?

Deleted accounts can't be restored easily and not every case is crystal clear. So it's best to keep the removal feature to just a few people who have experience with what accounts should be removed.

We do have a thread in the support board where people could report such accounts in the past. This thread contains an explanation from Kineta about the current situation and just some days ago she added more information:
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=245618&show=4750#msg58156821

What was deleted were duplicate threads of this thread in this board so that this board isn't flooded with them. But to make things clearer and more accessible I changed this thread's title now and added the admin responses in the first post.
Nov 23, 2019 5:34 AM
Jul 2019
This is hilarious, instead of solving the problem, they worry about changing the thread title because it makes Mal look bad
Nov 23, 2019 5:40 AM

Oct 2019
cacaoUzzano said:
This is hilarious, instead of solving the problem, they worry about changing the thread title because it makes Mal look bad

I mean the entire response can be summarized with "We might potentially, eventually get a solution, but until then we are basically useless so ya just gotta have to deal with it."
Nov 23, 2019 5:48 AM
Jul 2019
Fionavar said:
cacaoUzzano said:

I mean the entire response can be summarized with "We might potentially, eventually get a solution, but until then we are basically useless so ya just gotta have to deal with it."
That's the thing that makes me probably more angry than the problem itself
Nov 23, 2019 6:43 AM

May 2018
Can we just bring back the Illegitimate Accounts thread as temporary solution?

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=245618&show=4750

And maybe give more power to mod/admin to delete account?
Nov 23, 2019 7:19 AM

Apr 2016
7.67?? For f*ck sake.. MODS JUST DO SOMETHING!! IF YOU CAN'T NOW, JUST LOCK THE SCORING SYSTEM FOR ALL ANIME TILL YOU FIX THE PROBLEM!!

Nov 23, 2019 7:53 AM

Oct 2015
joshua10red said:
7.67?? For f*ck sake.. MODS JUST DO SOMETHING!! IF YOU CAN'T NOW, JUST LOCK THE SCORING SYSTEM FOR ALL ANIME TILL YOU FIX THE PROBLEM!!
thats a bit of an overreaction dont you think? Locking the scoring system althogether just because of one series being spammed with 1/10s? I dont think thats a solution, especially cuz you dont know if they will fix this soon
Nov 23, 2019 8:06 AM

Oct 2019
Nostalgik said:
joshua10red said:
thats a bit of an overreaction dont you think? Locking the scoring system althogether just because of one series being spammed with 1/10s? I dont think thats a solution, especially cuz you dont know if they will fix this soon

Still better than doing nothing at all and just watch as the score drops further and further..
Nov 23, 2019 8:23 AM

Nov 2019
It lost a whole point. That's fucked up. I don't think finding a solution in a few weeks will help a lot. It needs to be fixed as soon as possible. :(
Nov 23, 2019 8:38 AM
Aug 2016
Guys, I know you're frustrated because of the constipated twat responsible for this shit, but lashing out at the mods is a bit too match, the only thing they could do is basically sitting on the chair all day long doing nothing but deleting every single one of those hundreds of spam accounts, to do that one must have an extreme level of autism matched only by the faggot who created those accounts to begin with, with the possibility of the said faggot doing it again and again making all their efforts pointless.

MAL is now way too big and its problem got big too, I mean the development team couldn't even fix the API issue to this day despite working on it for almost a year, and I don't want to think about when they'll be able to fix this problem AFTER getting around all the other ones in their top priority right now, whoever is running MAL currently should realize that they need to hire way more developers to fix MAL problems that piled up over the years faster than a snail would cross 1000 miles road at the very least.
Nov 23, 2019 8:45 AM

Oct 2019
ClickBaitBuster said:
Guys, I know you're frustrated because of the constipated twat responsible for this shit, but lashing out at the mods is a bit too match, the only thing they could do is basically sitting on the chair all day long doing nothing but deleting every single one of those hundreds of spam accounts, to do that one must have an extreme level of autism matched only by the faggot who created those accounts to begin with, with the possibility of the said faggot doing it again and again making all their efforts pointless.

MAL is now way too big and its problem got big too, I mean the development team couldn't even fix the API issue to this day despite working on it for almost a year, and I don't want to think about when they'll be able to fix this problem AFTER getting around all the other ones in their top priority right now, whoever is running MAL currently should realize that they need to hire way more developers to fix MAL problems that piled up over the years faster than a snail would cross 1000 miles road at the very least.

Heres a simple thought: Hire more mods then.. even if just temporarily. Im sure a lot of people would be willing to delete those troll accounts if it means the score goes back to what its actually was. Yes we can critize the mods, theres more than enough options they could choose to take but instead they do absolutely nothing.
Nov 23, 2019 8:55 AM
Aug 2016
Fionavar said:
ClickBaitBuster said:

Heres a simple thought: Hire more mods then.. even if just temporarily. Im sure a lot of people would be willing to delete those troll accounts if it means the score goes back to what its actually was. Yes we can critize the mods, theres more than enough options they could choose to take but instead they do absolutely nothing.
Idk.. hiring an army of mods and giving them the power of deleting accounts doesn't sound that reliable to me, a lot of them could be biased about the accounts they would delete depending on if they like the entry or not.
Nov 23, 2019 8:57 AM

Oct 2019
ClickBaitBuster said:
Fionavar said:

Idk.. hiring an army of mods and giving them the power of deleting accounts doesn't sound that reliable to me, a lot of them could be biased about the accounts they would delete depending on if they like the entry or not.

Then get people that havent seen the anime and are thus unbiased to do it?
Nov 23, 2019 9:02 AM
Aug 2016
Fionavar said:
ClickBaitBuster said:

Eh.. what? I was talking about deleting spam accounts from all entries, not only Chihayafuru, I hope we're in the same page.
Nov 23, 2019 9:06 AM

Oct 2019
ClickBaitBuster said:
Fionavar said:

Eh.. what? I was talking about deleting spam accounts from all entries, not only Chihayafuru, I hope we're in the same page.

Oh I see.. sorry my bad. Well right now the only airing anime that is affected right now is Chihayafuru(I think), so that should have higher priority right now. Also they ARE still working on a permanent solution for this problem so other animes/mangas would be taken care of that as well. Just at a later time.
Nov 23, 2019 9:25 AM
Aug 2016
Fionavar said:
ClickBaitBuster said:

Oh I see.. sorry my bad. Well right now the only airing anime that is affected right now is Chihayafuru(I think), so that should have higher priority right now. Also they ARE still working on a permanent solution for this problem so other animes/mangas would be taken care of that as well. Just at a later time.

Well..
Kineta said:

On one hand, cases like Chihayafuru make Luna and I very angry, and incentivize us to delete these accounts. However, rationally speaking, these trolls are actually helping us, because it gives me a very strong playing card to demand urgency on backend changes (as compared to slow leeching or boosting of scores). So while the situation makes me angry and that emotion makes me want to sink 2-3 hours into deleting accounts... Logically, the only thing this would do is apply a temporary bandaid to a much larger problem—a bandaid that some snot-faced kid can rip off in the 8 hours I'm at my day job. So as much as the impassioned part of us wants to go on a rating troll account siege, Luna and I recognize that time truly would be wasted time.

I think they have a point, and there are also the entries in the top 10 which one of them lose 0.01 every other month because they're a permanent target to the trolls, so protecting only Chihayafuru sounds kind of unfair, not to mention that these trolls could just wait until it ends and then downvote it, which would make all those hired mods efforts amount to only protecting its true score for 6 months.
Nov 23, 2019 9:54 AM
Jan 2018
14.8% gave it 1s wtf
Nov 23, 2019 10:07 AM

Dec 2015
Luna said:
Meusnier said:
Otherwise, thank you @Luna for providing us with at least a real explanation why it is not possible to delete manually those accounts. However, since this is happening since years, and considering the very violent FMAB/SnK war this summer, I am surprised that nothing has been implemented in the meantime. For example, is this possible to create multiple accounts with the same email address?

To answer this question I need to give you some history on MAL:
MAL was owned by CraveOnline from 2008 to 2015 and they did basically nothing for the site. We had hundreds of bugs that no one fixed and of course we also didn't get any new features. DeNA took over in 2015 and started fixing many of the bugs we had and also implemented many new features. We brought up the rating troll problem and discussed it with them, also had some plans. But there were still too many other things to fix and do from all the years of no development and then we started having the problems with the API and website security downtime last year. MAL was sold yet again, this time to Media Do who took over in the first half of this year. Transferring the website to the new owners took a long time and even now things are still slow. The development team is also currently focused on the API so that people can use apps for the website again. So yeah... our biggest problems are that we've had too many things to fix from a time when the owner didn't care about us plus that we can't do anything ourselves and always have to wait until the dev team of the company that owns us has free resources.

We do have measures against spam/troll accounts (which I won't discuss so that people won't get around them) but unfortunately it's not enough for the rating trolls. As Kineta said in the post we have ideas how to solve the problem, but we're still waiting for the devs to find time to implement them.

Gorochu said:
Any other more efficient way to contact Media Do, please suggest.

If it's MAL related you can contact them via the Customer Support form at the end of this page:
https://myanimelist.net/about.php?go=support

Sounds like you're not yet able to fix this problem. The mismanaging from CraveOnline seems to be causing problems to this day and this mess right here is only one of them. Thank you for at least giving us this much info.
Nov 23, 2019 10:47 AM
Jul 2019
ClickBaitBuster said:

500 bots approximately,for 10 mods it would take about only 30 minutes to delete all of them...
Nov 23, 2019 10:55 AM

Jan 2017
@Luna I wanted to ask: is not possible to lock or hide momentarily those anime ratings that are clearly being victim of mass attacking with N/A or something like that? And add a short notification for new users.
Nov 23, 2019 11:50 AM

Nov 2018
Lmao what?! I swear the score was at around 8.00 a day or two ago, now its 7.6ish, but I guess it'll continue until the mods get their stuff together and implement new features or something. My guess is that the score will go into the 6's before it stops, but that's what happens when hardly anyone scores a show, it'll leave it right open for spamming and trolling

My current goal is to revamp all the character details for High School DxD and have all the characters included in the DB.
MAL Badges is back bitches! Check the club for more info
Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Nov 23, 2019 11:52 AM

Jun 2015
15% and keep rising... This is honestly sad. The mods and developers are basically playing waiting game. If this kind of workflow keeps going on, I'm afraid this particular case will be left astray without any answer.
Nov 23, 2019 1:36 PM

Feb 2018
What the actual fuck. I thought it would have ended once it reached 8
Nov 23, 2019 1:51 PM

Feb 2013
I am hoping that they also put a more "real" solution but can also ban the fake accounts?
Nov 23, 2019 2:19 PM

Apr 2016
779 of 1/10 (16%) 😭 2 hours ago were 730.. This is becoming worse every hour. Someone please do something soon. 🙏🙏

Nov 23, 2019 2:38 PM

Jun 2019
ThatShiny_Hex said:
What the actual fuck. I thought it would have ended once it reached 8

I bet earlier on 50% of 1/10 before a solution appears, and at this rate, we will converge to this situation in two or three weeks if the mentally unstable individuals (I just cannot comprehend how one could become so "dedicated" at such pointless task, and what could the feeling of complete void after a day spent creating false accounts to hate some unknown anime on some website) behind this hate campaign do not grow weary in the meantime.

I actually wonder if this is not possible to completely automatize the creation of false accounts; considering the possibility of the latter makes we wonder why admins did not think about a way to prevent the creation of false accounts to start with.
Nov 23, 2019 3:28 PM

Nov 2018
MAL is such a shit website lmao
Nov 23, 2019 3:52 PM
Nov 2019
Apparently the downvote of this show could be the fact of the Chinese government because the author of Chihayafuru has liked a tweet about the hong kong situation, and has become blacklisted and censored in China, and apparently they are targeting the audience of the show in the west.
I saw a post on reddit about that.
Just want to let you guys know.
Nov 23, 2019 4:07 PM

Aug 2014
This is by far the saddest anime betrayal.

If a core feature of MAL can be so easily manipulated, it has to be disabled until a solution is found imo!
Freeze at least the score of this show to the date all started. By not taking action you feed indirectly the trolls, enough people got unhappy about this issue already. Just because it has not a big community like FMAB or SnK with their million members, doesn't mean Chihayafuru doesn't deserve the same sensitive treatment as them.
I think MAL is loosing a lot of its reputation right now!
Nov 23, 2019 5:03 PM

Jun 2015
JRVV17 said:
Boriskelkun said:
Apparently the downvote of this show could be the fact of the Chinese government because the author of Chihayafuru has liked a tweet about the hong kong situation, and has become blacklisted and censored in China, and apparently they are targeting the audience of the show in the west.
I saw a post on reddit about that.
Just want to let you guys know.

The trolling with 1s started even before the tweet. It's just one person doing 750+ accounts to downvoting it.
And if you actually look for it on reddit they deleted the thread for being misleading and not accurate. So yeah.
Nov 23, 2019 5:03 PM
Jul 2018
So yet again selling out MAL turned out to be a bad thing since Media Do doesn't actually give a fuck about doing anything to stop trolling accounts? It sure as hell seems like they don't listen and aren't really interested in implementing a solution to this. Maybe if the site hadn't been sold to companies that only care about profits and doesn't care about the site's integrity this wouldn't be happening. If the site was independent any solution that the owners thought of could be implemented without going through corporate red tape. There hasn't been any significant new features on the site that haven't been related to profits in years.

If this really isn't related to China, I doubt any company will actually try to do anything to stop them, since no company has the balls to anger China now.
Nov 23, 2019 5:20 PM

May 2017
I don't know what is more pathetic MAL not being able to solve this issue or the dude making dozens of accounts to downvote a cartoon.
Nov 23, 2019 5:22 PM

Mar 2019
7.54 now and 16% voted as 1. Lol this is just ridiculous, well done MAL.
Nov 23, 2019 5:31 PM

May 2018
Just bring back the report illegitimate thread already.
Nov 23, 2019 6:15 PM

Jul 2012
Gorochu said:
Can we just bring back the Illegitimate Accounts thread as temporary solution?

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=245618&show=4750

And maybe give more power to mod/admin to delete account?

I agree, maybe having mods hired specifically for deleting bot accounts?
I have worked as an admin in other forums and I had the task of removing these kind of accounts as well, I know it's a frustrating thing to do, but for the time being it seems like a reasonable solution.

Also, it would be cool if they'd stop talking about "top scores" on Facebook with everything that's happening, because that will make things even worse.
Nov 23, 2019 6:43 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
I understand the frustration and anger that flushes in every time the score drops a tier, this series really does NOT deserve such an underhanded treatment. 16.0% giving 1s, this is mad hilarious and infuriating at the same time.

With that said however, this is just a temporary little change. Kineta is working on it so just give it a bit more time, is all I have to say.

Once the score drops below 7.00 though, I can't guarantee I'll be able to keep my cool then.

@HikariShoumeiron @Gorochu, mods specifically hired for deleting bot accounts sounds like an actual solution on paper. I don't see the harm in trying it considering how out of hand this problem is getting lately.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 23, 2019 9:32 PM

Mar 2018
What fanbase is doing this? Just curious.
Nov 23, 2019 10:10 PM

May 2018
TheTexhnolyzed said:

Vinland Saga. Chihayafuru 3 surpass Vinland Saga in currently airing show,only then down vote happen. The same old troll accounts also give Vinland Saga 10/10.
Nov 23, 2019 10:15 PM

Sep 2019
Friedrich84e said:
This is by far the saddest anime betrayal.

If a core feature of MAL can be so easily manipulated, it has to be disabled until a solution is found imo!
Freeze at least the score of this show to the date all started. By not taking action you feed indirectly the trolls, enough people got unhappy about this issue already. Just because it has not a big community like FMAB or SnK with their million members, doesn't mean Chihayafuru doesn't deserve the same sensitive treatment as them.
I think MAL is loosing a lot of its reputation right now!
Snk , Fmab didn't get a solution either. Snk would have been #2 instead of #5 though while Fmab only fixation was about bug not bot accounts.
PeetiNov 23, 2019 10:19 PM
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Nov 23, 2019 11:58 PM

Mar 2018
Gorochu said:
TheTexhnolyzed said:

Vinland Saga. Chihayafuru 3 surpass Vinland Saga in currently airing show,only then down vote happen. The same old troll accounts also give Vinland Saga 10/10.

Wth! I am a part of that fanbase but I am losing respect for them because of this. What the f*ck.

I hated AOT S3 Part 2 but I didn't go so far as making troll accounts to downvote it. Damn.....disappointing.
Nov 24, 2019 12:06 AM

Jun 2019
TheTexhnolyzed said:
Gorochu said:

Wth! I am a part of that fanbase but I am losing respect for them because of this. What the f*ck.

I hated AOT S3 Part 2 but I didn't go so far as making troll accounts to downvote it. Damn.....disappointing.

Of course it is extremely likely that Chihayafuru>Vinland in score started all this, but since in the end just a few individuals are responsible for this, I do not think that we can blame a specific fanbase (although some Vinland guys came to these threads to say that whatever Vinland is better or that Chihayafuru "deserves <8" so it was fine).
Nov 24, 2019 12:17 AM

Dec 2016
16% 1 votes now? Holy crap. This is now beyond absurd...and pathetic.

What's more incredible is how MAL is fully aware of this and is not doing and won't do anything about it...
Nov 24, 2019 12:56 AM

Oct 2018
Not sure if anyone else has noticed it, but not only this anime is being down voted. Anime episodes that get a 85%+ of 5/5 votes are being down voted by some kind of script. Fake accounts give these episodes some 1/5,2/5 and 3/5 votes, until it goes below 70%.

It's not as bad as down voting an entire anime, but I find this annoying too.
-Aincrad-Nov 24, 2019 12:59 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (24) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» If you want to continue with the manga after watching

NiQ1 - Feb 21, 2023

19 by NiQ1 »»
Mar 21, 2:01 AM

» Chihayafuru 4

Kaguyachinchin - Nov 21, 2020

5 by Knighthammer619 »»
Mar 17, 9:43 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2020

148 by tozeos »»
Jan 9, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

shanimebib - Jan 14, 2020

126 by realfifi »»
Dec 18, 2023 2:21 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2019

105 by Katsu-kun »»
Aug 15, 2023 4:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.