Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fire Force
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 22, 2019 8:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wtf is with Shirna's face...the dude is still so hotheaded.

Seems like a lot of training this episode. I have to admit, his personality got so excited, it's literally showing with all that fire. Kinda reminds me of Asta from Black Clover.
Nov 22, 2019 9:50 AM

Nov 2017
this one was quite fun

shinra and arthur got some nice training
Nice to see vulcan getting along and helping the members of the 8th.

Also, Is joker going to turn out to be one of the good guys? I don't get that antagonistic vibe from him
Nov 22, 2019 10:37 AM

Jan 2016
This was a nice training episode.

Funny when Shinra was like "rock and roll"
Nov 22, 2019 10:38 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Rock & Roll ! lol
That training part was really interesting, looks like they're definitely determined.
Nov 22, 2019 10:46 AM

Aug 2013
Arthur and that donkey lol.

Princess Hibana made the guy from the 1st sit on the floor.
The various divisions of the fire force are working together now.

Benimaru training Shinra and Arthur. Interesting.

Nov 22, 2019 10:48 AM
Sep 2015
I actually look forward to Arthur's stupidly charming every week! Other than Shinra, we don't know the family's situation of other characters, and Arthur is the first one I want to know.
Nov 22, 2019 11:13 AM

May 2018
The next arc that will start in the next episode (and the last arc of this anime season) is my favorite arc in the manga series, i hope they will adapt it well.
Nov 22, 2019 11:24 AM
Anime Cat

Aug 2017
This show literally exploited idiotic manners from its characters....

I got sick of those....
Nov 22, 2019 12:04 PM

Jul 2014
It's amazing how in a world with pyrokinesis, Tamaki's lucky lecher lure is the most inexplicable thing xD.

Hibana makes me feel things...

Maki looking great too. And OMG when she said her Sput-Flare-Witch line... <3 <3 <3. SHE'S SO FUCKING CUTE!!!

Very fun episode, I'm excited to see the result of the training.
Nov 22, 2019 12:39 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Arthur's really taken a real shine to the donkey huh. The captain's meeting was quite the interesting one given the unique nature of the participants. For not just the captain but also a number of their elite squad being exposed as traitors must be bad for the empire. Even though the rookies of the 8th have some skill its effectiveness is limited by their lack of combat experience. So focusing one's firepower and focus will allow a stronger flame. Vulcan's inclusion into the 8th sure allowed him to create some pretty neat gear. The witches hat though sure suited Maki pretty well. While its curious how a simple gesture can effect one's ki the effects that it had on Shinra's training was impressive. Overall an interesting ep that combined some much needed fact sharing between the different companies and some amusing moments between the team as they train up for the upcoming battle against the white clads. For the moment whether on the intel front or on training and equipment the team seem to be doing well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 22, 2019 1:48 PM

Feb 2019
God, I still can't get over how garbage that OP is, we waited 3 months for that bullshit. The song does give me an erection tho. Maki playing with fire was the cutest shit ever. That shinra face during the training session will definitely become a "when you trying not to nut" meme. Solid ep, nothing spectacular, but we're building up to something big. Still got 6 weeks of this to go because of the multiple delays. Final fight underground should be dope
Nov 22, 2019 2:37 PM

Nov 2016
Love myself some shounen training session.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 22, 2019 2:48 PM

Jan 2009
aight the training arc is over in just 1 episode lol

Shinra got a new finishing move while Arthur learn samurai swordmanship

and damn Hibana is sexy hot again
Nov 22, 2019 3:57 PM

Apr 2015
You would think that the interactions between Viktor and Joker makes it seem that Joker isn't actually a bad guy? I don't know, probably too early to tell.

An episode about training and I think Benimaru is definitely the best guy for that. Some scenes were pretty funny, Shinra's faces were so silly.

SkyLETV said:

Maki looking great too. And OMG when she said her Sput-Flare-Witch line... <3 <3 <3. SHE'S SO FUCKING CUTE!!!

I had the exact same reaction, her voice turned so god damn cute very quickly, I can't get enough of that adorable side of her!!
Nov 22, 2019 4:17 PM
Dec 2018
Aniik8pv2 said:

Also, Is joker going to turn out to be one of the good guys? I don't get that antagonistic vibe from him

I don't really think he's gonna turn out good, at most he's going to help the main boi in his quest
Given the name he's more of a wild card, going for whoever suits him the most at that particular moment
Although you do have a point when you say he doesn't really give a bad guy vibe (apart from the first episodes where he pissed the crap out of Obi)
Nov 22, 2019 4:42 PM

Dec 2013
For a moment I thought this episode was going to be all recap...

Time for a training arc! Sho is currently looking broken with his time stopping powers or whatever he does so they really need this.
Nov 22, 2019 5:00 PM

Oct 2015
The finishing move is not bad at all and it's faster too, but something is missing though, I just can't put my finger to it. "Kicker-man kick" is witty and kinda stupid, so I like it, too bad it was overruled :-D

Funny how they didn't care about Arthur, poor guy all he got were those beatings and no finishing move, really sucks to be the side character.

I hella don't trust Licht!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 22, 2019 8:38 PM

Aug 2018
Great Episode.......
Nov 22, 2019 8:50 PM

Dec 2015
I like training montages in shounen anime but they usually drag out way too long. I like how this one blazed through their progression pretty quickly in a single episode and will probably just wrap up at the beginning of next episode. Good pacing. Although some of the animation at parts were really awkward and low quality which was a bummer to see and I'm not usually one who is bothered by dips in quality here and there. Still loving this show a lot though.
Nov 22, 2019 10:34 PM

Jul 2016
The "Rock & Roll" part was so cringey. I know humor is subjective but God, I can't stand it when it comes to this series. It's... very dumb and it just lessens or directly kills the impact/tension most of the scenes have.

Well, regarding the episode, there wasn't much to say if I'm honest. It was the typical "shounen training" one in which, as expected, Shinra learned a new move (in just a few hours) and Arthur... received the beating of his life? Uh... not really sure if he even learned something but I don't care much about it to begin with so...
Anyways, at least the few scenes with Joker and Maki being extremely cute were enjoyable enough.
SouthRzVaNov 22, 2019 10:38 PM
Nov 23, 2019 4:42 AM
Jul 2016
Great episode, it was really wholesome when Benimaru and Konro ate watermelon while everyone else played with sparklers.
Nov 23, 2019 4:51 AM

Jan 2016
ok, Shinra is improving. Sho probably could still wipe the floor with him tho.
Nov 23, 2019 7:03 AM

May 2018
Next episode to the nether!
And the week after to the end!
Nov 23, 2019 7:22 AM

Oct 2017
Good episode. Loved seeing company 7 again.
Nov 23, 2019 8:35 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Fun episode, got to love these Shonen training episodes! Never sick of ‘em!

Anyway, that was some awesome new move from Shinra! Looks like he’s mastered this form of art pretty darn quickly, albeit a few hilarious facial expressions here and there xD. He was giving it all his life you can tell lol. Shinmon is a pretty fine teacher too I reckon.

Credits to that mysterious Forensic Scientist too. I’d a feeling he had a partnership with either Joker or the Evangelist and it seems like my intuition was right on the mark, I wonder what their end goal is here. Interesting reveal from Joker regarding Sho possibly being blessed with an Adolla Burst too, this really raises question over who their father is/was to me.

It was nice to see the former 7th Capt. send a death alarm like that though just in case he’s got ulterior motives, the little cooperation between the teams is going fairly well for now it seems too. Using that imposter 3rd Capt just goes to show how sketchy this whole backbone of the Organisation is, meanwhile.

Dat little Hibana moment plus Maki’s little adorable moments were just fab! I’m still not feeling used to the choppy-style directing but boy are these scenes in particular clicking. No comment on Tamaki’s little ‘lercher’ moment this episode, just wow how the bloody fudge xD.

And that little alarm on Shinra’s leg has finally rung again, I wonder what’s in store for us next week. Sho v Shinra rematch in the making, perhaps?
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 23, 2019 9:10 AM

Aug 2018
Weird, Hibana did not say something to Shinra even if they met at the entrance of 8th's base : though she remained herself in the next scene lul
Nov 23, 2019 10:19 AM
Jul 2019
Well then after seeing Licht being with Joker, can we now say that he's one of the bad guys??????
Nov 23, 2019 12:43 PM
Mar 2015
Kicker-man-kick Nice training episode
Nov 23, 2019 12:50 PM

Mar 2017
Yesss! Beni's back and as fucking cool as ever! Shinra's ability is so awesome and that finishing move is on another level! The name definitely needs work though... haha
Nov 23, 2019 10:35 PM

Oct 2008
Very Nice! it's training time! and of course Captain Shinmon is the one training them! how badass could that be!
Looks like Shinra will level-up but Arthus still has more work to do!
5/5.

Nov 23, 2019 10:40 PM

Nov 2019
I thought it was a pretty okay training ep. nothing spectacular, but it was nice to see some character development.
Nov 24, 2019 1:21 AM
Jan 2017
Aniik8pv2 said:
this one was quite fun

as a manga reader I can't answer that because it is a "spoiler"
Nov 24, 2019 7:31 AM

Nov 2017
thehund said:
Aniik8pv2 said:
this one was quite fun

as a manga reader I can't answer that because it is a "spoiler"

I tried getting into the manga after the last episode. But to my surprise i did not like the manga as much as the anime.
The encounter with Sho, and then sho vs joker was so well done in the anime - i was disappointed with it in the manga.
so i decided to pick up the manga after the anime finishes airing
(hopefully after 2nd season if it gets one)
Nov 24, 2019 7:36 AM
Feb 2017
I’m 6 episodes behind ughh.........
Nov 24, 2019 8:03 AM

May 2016
Watched it late last night and already forgot about more than half of it lol.

Only remember how they trained, and MC used concentrated the fire beneath his feet.
Nov 24, 2019 7:26 PM

Feb 2014
Well, I am done for.

Dropped 5/10
Nov 25, 2019 2:14 AM

Jun 2013
Any episode with Benimaru is good. Any chapter with him is even better.
臭い-
Nov 25, 2019 7:26 AM

Feb 2019
Seriously, whats up with the direction in this show? The silent shots of characters faces is really jarring. On top of that, there was a scene between Obi and Hibana where virtually none of it was animated. Seriously, it was completely still apart from her mouth moving as she spoke. And I really don't like how they use that cat pyrokinetic as fan service/cheap comic relief.
ZemenfesKidusFeb 14, 2020 3:28 AM
Nov 25, 2019 8:57 AM

Oct 2017
Lol poor Arthur got beaten even when he attacked silently. Also nice Shinra became even faster but will he be able to keep up with Sho's speed, guess we'll find out soon.
Nov 25, 2019 9:26 AM
Jan 2016
Great episode!

Arthur is funy as always!

Seems i suspect well from Litch, he know Joker, hope Litch isn't panning something bad, seems Joker maybe is not in bad side!

Seems Obi sent Shinra and Arthur to be trained by Benimaru, and it was a really nice vibe, benimaru is no joke, also Shinra had improved with their flames!

Seems Vulcan is creating thing for everyone, and damn, that flying canons for Maki were really amusing!

And also Maki is so much cute!
Nov 26, 2019 2:43 AM

May 2018
Good to see Vulcan and Licht being so useful in the team, as well as seeing Shinra getting a new move and Arthur getting stronger.

Nov 26, 2019 5:20 AM

Jul 2017
IT'S ROCK AND ROLL TIME, BABY!

With Vulcan being a nice addition into Company 8, the whole company's ablaze about him. All jokes aside, Companies 5, 7 and 8 are coercing on the white-clad Evangelists, while Licht and Joker are in neutrality (while Licht is being a spy). Everyone's on their own terms and intentions, all at the cost of catching up (essentially cat-and-mouse chase now).

With how unrefined Shinra and Arthur looks, they're posted out to Company 7 for Benimaru to train them up, a repayment of sorts.

What the rookies lack is commonplace Shounen traits: a finishing move...heck, as training tends to give.

Maki's twin Sputter-Flare power got a nice upgrade too, just wished there was more steam for her as the Sput-Flare-Witch.

Ooh, so the secrets of pyrokinesis are closely linked to the formation of martial arts, the ki driving power and tenacity. If anything, it's a taxing load of refreshers for both Arthur and Shinra, as well as a power upgrade.

Good setup episode for the future fights.
Nov 27, 2019 1:34 PM

Jul 2013
it's always a pleasure to see Beni
Nov 28, 2019 1:59 AM

Jan 2013
The engineer made his first gear and it looks awesome, can't wait to see them in combat.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 28, 2019 11:56 AM

Nov 2012
Glad to see Beni back :)) but I feel their stay will be short lived!
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Nov 28, 2019 12:05 PM

Jan 2019
This show tries Desperately soooooo hard to be Funny. But its really not. The "Humor" in this show makes me cringe so hard. You can be funny without making it look desperate. I'd like this show that doesn't even make sense to begin with better if it just kept things serious instead of the Unfunny tryhard comedy.

And it's almost every episode.

In my opinion, people who found this scene funny would laugh at anything. Which goes hand in hand with Immaturity. And lack of taste. And hyping bad content. It was so unnecessary and forced.
Nov 28, 2019 1:03 PM

Apr 2016
There was a lot of Naruto vibe in this episode. By the way, the episode was pretty good after Benimaru appeared.
Nov 29, 2019 3:39 PM
Nov 2019
Foi um episodio bem interesante.
Nov 30, 2019 12:45 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
I have a mixed-up feeling of happiness and disappointment. For once, we get Waka back into the scene, that's always good, I really want to see him go head to head with either the fake Giovanni, Sho, or Joker.
Speaking of Joker, I really wanted him to somehow take the mentor part for Shinra. The position he's in is very mystic and obscure that it makes me want him as an ally.
Dec 3, 2019 12:03 PM

Dec 2014
nice legs as usual Hibana, ahem i mean, acting as usual Hibana

its funny how Licht just sits in front of Konro blocking his view as if it was normal

the twins are adorable as usual

and Maki, ooof <3
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 2, 2019

176 by ArthurKFC »»
Apr 16, 7:08 PM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2019

199 by beamtoes »»
Apr 10, 6:16 PM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2019

386 by Crispydang »»
Mar 30, 1:32 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2019

118 by capybara_helo »»
Mar 10, 1:00 PM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2019

108 by capybara_helo »»
Mar 10, 11:49 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.