Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 21, 2019 12:28 PM
Jul 2018
Bad or good idea? What will you name them?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 21, 2019 12:31 PM
May 2019
I don't think that there is anything wrong with that. There are many cool names among anime characters so why not^^
Nov 21, 2019 12:35 PM
Jun 2019
I sure dont have a problem with that specially because of the naming system in japan
See, names arent really specicif to names what i man is we can name someone like yuki as if snow (yuki means snow) and its a name ofr that person i dont think many people will understand what im trying to say here..im not good with words but for yr question my answer is yes i would
Nov 21, 2019 12:37 PM

Mar 2015
"Dad, why is my sister named Daenerys?"
"Because your mother loved a character with that name"
"Thanks dad!"
"No problem Jugemu Jugemu Unko Nageki Ototoi no Shin-chan no Pantsu Shinpachi no Jinsei Barumunku Fezarion Aizakku Shunaidaa Sanbun no Ichi no Junjou na Kanjou no Nokotta Sanbun no Ni wa Sakamuke ga Kininaru Kanjou Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru you de Shiranai no wo Boku wa Shitteiru Rusu Surume Medaka Kazunoko Koedame Medaka... Kono Medaka wa Sakki to Chigau Yatsu Dakara Ikeno Medaka no Hou Dakara Raayu Yuuteimiyaoukimukou Pepepepepepepepepepepepe Bichiguso Maru"

Real talk tho I can't wait to see the weeblet generation grow up and instead of Mary's and John's we have Naruto's and Goku's running around.
Nov 21, 2019 12:38 PM

Feb 2018
Kiss shot Acerola Orion Heart Under Blade, It's the coolest name ever created, imagine what it would be like when the teacher says her name in the classroom.
Nov 21, 2019 12:48 PM
Apr 2017
Depends on the name. Normal names would be fine (I personally can't stand people who user foreign names "cuz its kwl bro" but that's a different story) and there are plenty of them in anime.

I really don't want to see the day when I'll meet someone whose name is, idk, Naruto, Vegeta or goodness knows what else. Then again, kids with such names will probably be bullied to death in school, no doubt about it, so I guess I'll never have such an encounter.
xA-2 said:
Kiss shot Acerola Orion Heart Under Blade, It's the coolest name ever created, imagine what it would be like when the teacher says her name in the classroom.
Why are you presuming on her not hanging herself in kindergarden with a name like that?
"The problem with defining even an aspect of your personality by something that you like, is that criticism of that product appears to you to be criticism of you personally. I find it to be a very harmful attitude, [...] you can't rationally discuss a product because you've started to define yourself by its very existence."

John Bain
Nov 21, 2019 1:01 PM

Feb 2018
Kurgo said:
xA-2 said:
Why are you presuming on her not hanging herself in kindergarden with a name like that?
Because it's the coolest name of all, I already said it.
Nov 21, 2019 1:10 PM
Jul 2018
Mirai said:
"Thanks dad!"
"No problem Jugemu Jugemu Unko Nageki Ototoi no Shin-chan no Pantsu Shinpachi no Jinsei Barumunku Fezarion Aizakku Shunaidaa Sanbun no Ichi no Junjou na Kanjou no Nokotta Sanbun no Ni wa Sakamuke ga Kininaru Kanjou Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru you de Shiranai no wo Boku wa Shitteiru Rusu Surume Medaka Kazunoko Koedame Medaka... Kono Medaka wa Sakki to Chigau Yatsu Dakara Ikeno Medaka no Hou Dakara Raayu Yuuteimiyaoukimukou Pepepepepepepepepepepepe Bichiguso Maru"

Real talk tho I can't wait to see the weeblet generation grow up and instead of Mary's and John's we have Naruto's and Goku's running around.

It would be a very special and fun time to be alive, certainly.

xA-2 said:

It sounds like a random mishmash of words that make no sense there only to sound cool oh...
Nov 21, 2019 1:14 PM

Feb 2018
LemurLime said:
xA-2 said:

It sounds like a random mishmash of words that make no sense there only to sound cool oh...
Kiss-shot Acerola-Orion Heart-Under-Blade. That way it makes more sense, problem solved. It is the coolest name in the world.
Nov 21, 2019 1:19 PM
Jul 2019
Novelty names are for pets, not children. Don't give them names that will lead to strangers singing the theme song or quoting the character at them like they're clever. It gets old real fast.
Nov 21, 2019 1:23 PM

Mar 2018
It's highly dependent on the name... I think it to be fine as long as it's not Naruto or something of the same sort.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Nov 21, 2019 1:24 PM
Mar 2017
It will be easier to spot the weeb family when a John J. Johnson names their kid Naruto Re:Zero Johnson.
Nov 21, 2019 1:27 PM

Nov 2017
xA-2 said:

i think deathtopia virtuoso suicide master is a little bit cooler, but shinobus human name comes pretty close.
Nov 21, 2019 1:28 PM
Jul 2018
Waffle_Friday said:
It will be easier to spot the weeb family when a John J. Johnson names their kid Naruto Re:Zero Johnson.

What about John J. Johnson naming his kids Johnny and Jolyne Johnson, and everyone will call them Jojo for short.
Nov 21, 2019 1:30 PM
Jan 2012
If we're just talking hypothetical then I'm naming the little fucker Wolfgang, middle name Grimmer.

My actual serious opinion about it though is I think it's a terrible idea, because you know that kid will be picked on if they're white or Mexican and have a name like Makoto, maybe names like Eren and Armin would be acceptable. You aren't naming yourself you're naming your child, they're the ones that have to live with that name, a parent shouldn't be prioritizing their hobbies over a kid's childhood and how easy it is for them to get through it. Just be reasonable about it, your job is to try and reduce the chaos in your child's life, not add to it
Nov 21, 2019 1:37 PM
Mar 2017
LemurLime said:
Waffle_Friday said:

What about John J. Johnson naming his kids Johnny and Jolyne Johnson, and everyone will call them Jojo for short.

Thats actually clever, I would do that if I had a last name that started with Jo
Nov 21, 2019 1:39 PM

Oct 2013
Maybe, but I'd make it as subtle as possible. Giving them regular sounding names like Edward (FMA) or Allen (D.Gray-man) so no one would ever know I just named my kid after a fucking anime character.
Nov 21, 2019 1:47 PM

Oct 2016
Something that doesn't stand out too much would be ideal.

Emilia from Re:Zero has made me appreciate the name "Emilia" a lot more. It's perfect for a very sweet girl.
Nyanpasu~
Nov 21, 2019 1:49 PM
Nov 2019
I will change my last name to Joestar and name my girl Jolyne and my boy Joseph. They will never hear me say their actually names though.
Nov 21, 2019 2:19 PM

Jul 2019
That's not very nice for the kids. But I guess some names could be okay. Not to mention some names in anime aren't even japanese to begin with.

Erina (Food Wars) or Diana (Little Witch Academia) are cute names I guess.
Life is a despicable endurance race
Nov 21, 2019 3:10 PM

Jun 2015
If I name a son Gilgamesh, he'd probably turn out to be a real asshole.
Nov 21, 2019 3:20 PM

Aug 2017
Mirai said:
"Thanks dad!"

Ahh I see you're a man of culture as well
Nov 21, 2019 3:35 PM

Jan 2018
Great idea! If I ever have a daughter, I'll name her Erin. No one would even know that it's a reference to my favorite anime protagonist. :P

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
― Jorge Luis Borges
[url=]Goodreads[/url] | [url=]Letterboxd[/url]

Nov 21, 2019 4:02 PM

Jun 2016
This reminds me of you @Sayanora12 lol
Nov 21, 2019 4:10 PM
osmamthus wine

May 2014
Mirai said:

DEAD

OT: I mean, I have some names I like that also share with characters from Japanese animated picture shows, but I'm picking the name for other reasons

I.e. Layla as a girl (like Layla from Nana)
Leonardo for a boy (like Leo from Kekkai Sensen)

o(´∀`*)

Nov 21, 2019 4:21 PM

Feb 2018
I'll name her Mari. Mari is common name here in my country.
Nov 21, 2019 4:37 PM

May 2017
This would just seem cringe more then anything
Nov 21, 2019 4:43 PM

Feb 2018
Deppends.If its something like Krista, Edward or Joseph, or even Japanese names like Koyomi, Haruhi, Inori or Shinji, then why not?

But naming your kid fucking Naruto, Luffy or Meliodas...No.

Nothing against these three, but imagine someone comming into your office for a job interview just to see on their papers that their name is "Luffy Smith" or "Naruto Bauer".It would haunt your kid all their life.

Nov 21, 2019 7:06 PM

Nov 2008
_Ridley_ said:
Novelty names are for pets, not children. Don't give them names that will lead to strangers singing the theme song or quoting the character at them like they're clever. It gets old real fast.

This. I feel like it's child abuse.

I think some names (non-Japanese ones) are okay. My friends named their daughter 'Lina" because they're Slayers fans. xD

If I ever had a daughter, I think 'Rosette' is a lovely name. (Chrono Crusade)

Japanese names like Koyomi, Haruhi, Inori or Shinji, then why not?

Don't give your kid a Japanese name unless you or your spouse IS Japanese. Please.

Nov 21, 2019 7:09 PM

Jan 2019
My child will be named Josuke Higashikata.
Nov 21, 2019 7:16 PM

Nov 2008
_namles said:

You can't stop me.

Why do you hate your future child? :/

If you give them a ridiculous anime name, they are going to get bullied and teased like crazy.

Nov 21, 2019 7:20 PM

Jan 2019
Honestly dont see the problem with naming your child after a favorite character. Just have to make it seem low key. Not something ridiculous like Naruto.
Nov 21, 2019 7:31 PM

Jun 2014
Chiibi said:
_namles said:

You can't stop me.

Why do you hate your future child? :/

If you give them a ridiculous anime name, they are going to get bullied and teased like crazy.

I'm not having children, but I legally changed my name to a Japanese one.

There are some Japanese names that are not that complex, and in my opinion, they'd make fine names for western kids. It's certainly better than that "names ending in a -n" trend that's been on the go for the past decade.

Nov 21, 2019 7:38 PM
May 2018
xA-2 said:
That name is one of the stupidest names I have ever heard in my entire life, even for a fictional character.

First of all, it doesn't even sound like a name, but just a bunch of random words (yeah, I know there is some story about it), plus, in an odd, bizzare way, it looks so arrogant, and self absorbed, to the point of being ridiculous, but then again that blonde female character's backstory is ridiculous itself, so I guess it kinda fits.

I wouldn't name my dog with such shitty "name".
Nov 21, 2019 7:43 PM
Jan 2019
I have one word to describe how I feel about this topic...

Don't
Nov 21, 2019 7:55 PM

Feb 2018
@Psajdak
dude, it seems that you were wrong in some words but calm, I fixed it for you:
Psajdak said:
That name is one of the coolest names I have ever heard in my entire life, even for a fictional character.

First of all, it doesn't even sound like a name, but just a bunch of magnificent words (yeah, I know there is some story about it), plus, in an odd, bizzare way, it looks so great, and self absorbed, to the point of being a masterpiece, but then again that blonde female character's backstory is a masterpiece itself, so I guess it kinda fits.

I wouldn't name my dog with so magnificent. "name", is too perfect..
Nov 21, 2019 8:05 PM

May 2013
Let’s be honest, the people who would do this aren’t getting laid anyway.

YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE
Nov 21, 2019 8:19 PM

May 2013
Red-Berry-Vodka said:
Alpha_Tranny said:
Let’s be honest, the people who would do this aren’t getting laid anyway.

fanfiction man, my kids lives there
~meromero me

That means they can be lewded. That’s all I care about.

YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE
Nov 21, 2019 9:53 PM
Jul 2018
Treuherzig said:
Deppends.If its something like Krista, Edward or Joseph, or even Japanese names like Koyomi, Haruhi, Inori or Shinji, then why not?

Nothing against these three, but imagine someone comming into your office for a job interview just to see on their papers that their name is "Luffy Smith" or "Naruto Bauer".It would haunt your kid all their life.

Lmao. This is a great idea, if you hate your kids actually.
Nov 21, 2019 10:10 PM

Oct 2019
Treuherzig said:

Nothing against these three, but imagine someone coming into your office for a job interview just to see on their papers that their name is "Luffy Smith" or "Naruto Bauer".It would haunt your kid all their life.

That's literally my opinion on this although I'm not so sure about Japanese names unless you or your partner are Japanese. I personally really like the name Inori. I think it's really pretty and that's probably the only one I would accept since it kind of just sounds like a unique name and not a Japanese one.

I like the idea of naming pets after anime characters, that's often really cute or funny but please don't ruin your child's life by literally imprinting your weeb onto them. I love anime and all but I would fucking hate it if I was named after an anime character
Nov 21, 2019 10:19 PM

Oct 2012
My partner and I adopted a baby girl, and we named her Sophie. WE know it was from Howl's Moving Castle, but our family doesn't lol
Nov 22, 2019 3:07 AM

Feb 2018
marinara-sauce said:
Treuherzig said:

Nothing against these three, but imagine someone coming into your office for a job interview just to see on their papers that their name is "Luffy Smith" or "Naruto Bauer".It would haunt your kid all their life.

That's literally my opinion on this although I'm not so sure about Japanese names unless you or your partner are Japanese. I personally really like the name Inori. I think it's really pretty and that's probably the only one I would accept since it kind of just sounds like a unique name and not a Japanese one.

I like the idea of naming pets after anime characters, that's often really cute or funny but please don't ruin your child's life by literally imprinting your weeb onto them. I love anime and all but I would fucking hate it if I was named after an anime character

True, there are a lot of beautiful Japanese names that can be used for non-Japanese, like Maki or Mei.Inori sounds very unique and you won't hear it a lot anywhere but Japan, and its easy to pronounce.Ofc, people should stick to names from their own culture rather than others, since there are surely a lot of beautiful names in ones own culture that yet need to be heard!

Ah yes, naming pets after anime characters, especially the Moe and cutesy ones, is top tier.If I had a fluffy little dog, I'd name it Mafuyu or Shiro.

And I totally agree to the last statement: putting your love to anime onto your child will just make them hate you lol and they will change it as soon as they get the chance.

Nov 22, 2019 4:06 AM
Jul 2018
It's okay if the name is Gabriel,Yoko,or Simon but names like Kirito,Yang Wen-Li,etc is just stupid(unless your child is Japanese or Chinese)
Nov 22, 2019 4:45 AM

Aug 2018
SpeedwagonLover2 said:
My child will be named Josuke Higashikata.

OFC the only true Jojo you can give the name to your child
Nov 22, 2019 4:48 AM

Feb 2010
Let's be honest, I'm never gonna have kids so the question is mute.
I probably regret this post by now.
Nov 22, 2019 4:55 AM
Apr 2016
Gaelio. Lordgenome? Something in between.
Re:formed
Nov 22, 2019 6:12 AM

Oct 2019
*sweats nervously*

"uh yeah, i named my kid Levi...i was just, really, really was amazed by the quality of Levi's Jeans when I was younger"

"his middle name? um, it's, uh, Bakugo. yes, there was a really wonderful guy who was a huge inspiration in my life. it wouldn't be right if i didn't cherish his memory and, uh, share his legacy with the world...y'know?"
Nov 22, 2019 6:31 AM

Jun 2019
Probably a bad idea. Anime names are okay for pets (as long as it's not really out there). I think it depends on the name.

I think Japanese names should be reserved for those of Japanese ancestry. So if your kid is part Japanese, then go for it. But if not, you may want to reconsider.
Nov 22, 2019 6:44 AM
Jul 2018
Wicker_Senpai93 said:
Probably a bad idea. Anime names are okay for pets (as long as it's not really out there). I think it depends on the name.

I think Japanese names should be reserved for those of Japanese ancestry. So if your kid is part Japanese, then go for it. But if not, you may want to reconsider.

Idk. Why should Japanese names be any different than say English, Spanish etc, names and so... it is acceptable for people from all around the globe to use them, even if they sound stupid in their own culture.
Nov 22, 2019 7:21 AM
Jul 2018
The only anime name I'd ever consider naming my kid after is Hina (after the 3-gatsu character) because it's an actual girl's name in my culture, albeit pronounced differently. My kid would be safe from bullies and I'd still be indulging my geekiness.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Hottest character from any of your Anime Favorites OR Character Favorites? (profile)

IpreferEcchi - Apr 16

21 by BlueBullet178 »»
8 minutes ago

» Is there an extension that helps you fully block someone?

APolygons2 - 2 hours ago

13 by DigiCat »»
11 minutes ago

» Which are the cutest anime girl pout scenes ? (not fan arts but real scenes)

DarkGamerA - Jul 8, 2022

20 by Lhundrup »»
40 minutes ago

» Have you ever felt so satisfied after finishing certain anime that you don't even want its sequel?

Rinrinka - Apr 12

37 by Lockensocke »»
47 minutes ago

» Characters that ya think are a Genderbent You

IpreferEcchi - Apr 15

30 by IpreferEcchi »»
60 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.