Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (24) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Nov 20, 2019 10:05 AM

Dec 2018
The score is now below 8.00 again lmao the guy that did this saw that the score was going up again and immediately started downvoting again what a fucking retard.
Nov 20, 2019 10:12 AM

Sep 2013
I remember reading a thread earlier that the mods stopped tackling issues like this, because it was so too difficult. Unfortunately, there are some weird people with a lot of time on their hands to care enough about MAL score do something like this lol.
Nov 20, 2019 10:37 AM
Dec 2018
SatanicAlpha said:
I remember reading a thread earlier that the mods stopped tackling issues like this, because it was so too difficult. Unfortunately, there are some weird people with a lot of time on their hands to care enough about MAL score do something like this lol.

Not difficult, they're just incompetent. It's not hard to identify fake accounts and ban them. But no, they'll lose their fake users.
Nov 20, 2019 11:07 AM

Oct 2019
Manga score keeps dropping.. its at 8,45 as of right now
Nov 20, 2019 11:10 AM

Sep 2011
It keeps dropping because bots that downvote anime also put manga on their list for some reason.
Nov 20, 2019 12:02 PM

May 2015
FMmatron said:
Talk about a hyperbole thread.

How is anyone here being hyperbolic? Have you actually looked at the stats? The dude trolling really IS that much of a nolife.

Nov 20, 2019 12:10 PM

Oct 2010
damn, 16 trolls scoring 1 on the first stats page. talk about persistence
Nov 20, 2019 12:39 PM
Nov 2007
I am too old for this kind of crap and I shouldn't care, but this kind of annoys me. I love this show and it's messed up that some sad individuals will go so far. One thing i would like to caution everyone is that, this are very few losers and not the fandom of VS. Feeding these losers encourages them more and it really doesn't matter what they. Chihayafuru was never going to be a household name, so there will be no negative impact on it popularity and on the contrary more people keep hearing about this show because of all this crap.
Nov 20, 2019 12:42 PM

May 2015
Neji said:
I am too old for this kind of crap and I shouldn't care, but this kind of annoys me. I love this show and it's messed up that some sad individuals will go so far. One thing i would like to caution everyone is that, this are very few losers and not the fandom of VS. Feeding these losers encourages them more and it really doesn't matter what they. Chihayafuru was never going to be a household name, so there will be no negative impact on it popularity and on the contrary more people keep hearing about this show because of all this crap.

Agreed, if nothing else its at least garnering attention to a criminaly underwatched series. But the attack on the manga is really pissing me off
Nov 20, 2019 12:45 PM

Oct 2019
billybub said:
Neji said:

Agreed, if nothing else its at least garnering attention to a criminaly underwatched series. But the attack on the manga is really pissing me off

Trust me its pissing me off as well.. I hope the mods get rid of those downvote trolls asap..
Nov 20, 2019 1:09 PM

Nov 2018
This is getting ridiculous, 7.88.
Nov 20, 2019 1:10 PM

Jul 2014
It's both sad and funny to think that someone would go to such lengths to mess with MAL's scores, just because they feel threatened by an anime. That's not surprising though, the whole concept of rating anime is not healthy, it enables a competition between shows and it changes our mentality.

I think the scores should be secondary and not displayed like that. I'd love for them to be used for automatic recommendations, a "Members who liked this anime liked these ones too" kind of thing. Like, you take every member who rated an anime 7 or + and you make a top 10 based on their lists (shows that have been watched by less than 10 or 20% of these members wouldn't appear on the top). Well I'm not sure how it'd work exactly but you get the idea.
Nov 20, 2019 1:20 PM

Nov 2016
TsukuyomiREKT said:
FMmatron said:
Talk about a hyperbole thread.

How is anyone here being hyperbolic? Have you actually looked at the stats? The dude trolling really IS that much of a nolife.

For starters, the very title of this thread.

And oh my God, 531 ones, how am I supposed to proceed with my life? Ah right, as usual.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 20, 2019 1:23 PM

Mar 2019
The score of this anime is dropping faster than my Self-esteem.
Nov 20, 2019 1:35 PM
May 2015
This is exactly why MAL should remove the same amount of votes from the top and bottom, both extremes, to normalise the average. By removing the top 531 10/10's and the bottom 531 1/10's the score normalises around the 8.6 average mark.

Honestly MAL should do this for all the shows in the top 100 list because there's always people voting things 1/10 to "address the balance" because they think a show is rated higher than it actually is.
Nov 20, 2019 1:36 PM

May 2015
FMmatron said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

And oh my God, 531 ones, how am I supposed to proceed with my life? Ah right, as usual.

The title is true though...

Yeah, 531 ones that are basically all from a single person trolling with bot accounts. If you don't see the problem with that, then I don't know what to tell you man.

Nov 20, 2019 1:42 PM

Apr 2016
Oh my f*cking God!! 😱😱 531 scores of 1/10.. The mods needs to do something. This is becoming disgusting. They even have stated to attack the manga too.

Nov 20, 2019 2:07 PM

Nov 2016
TsukuyomiREKT said:
FMmatron said:

Yeah, 531 ones that are basically all from a single person trolling with bot accounts. If you don't see the problem with that, then I don't know what to tell you man.

Mal scores have a certain relevance and if you know how to interpret them then they're are also pretty reliable. And now you want to tell me that due to this case at hand and one guy, the whole system got fucked? Nani?

And ok, it's a problem....not having 4G is also one.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 20, 2019 2:19 PM
Dec 2014
Wow !! God job mods for not doing shit
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 20, 2019 2:36 PM

May 2015
FMmatron said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

Mal scores have a certain relevance and if you know how to interpret them then they're are also pretty reliable. And now you want to tell me that due to this case at hand and one guy, the whole system got fucked? Nani?

MAL scores lose their relevance when one nolife can affect the score this drastically. Why bother even showing a mean score if it's not accurate and can be altered this much by one troll? That's the point here. Also, this isn't the only case of something like this happening, and I can tell you right now it won't be the last.

MAL is a site where you're supposed to go if you want information on a show. The mean score being fucked would obviously affect this. Like, people would look at S3 and automatically think it's worse than the others because it's rated so much lower. And most of them wouldn't look at the stats to see if they're botted because we shouldn't HAVE to do that. If you don't personally give a shit then fine, you do you. But when even the mods are acknowledging that they think think it's an issue and would like to fix it, then I'd say it's a problem.

Nov 20, 2019 2:52 PM

Dec 2018
Oozyhole22 said:
Just_A_ManBOi said:

lol the reviews are bs, made by fans in an attempt to bring chihayafuru back up. now don't get me wrong i haven't watche chiya but i believe it's an amazing show. but the reviews are obviuoly a desperate attempt at redemption, now for the trolls. No they will not be removed and mal is working on a solution that probably won't come for a good few years. And the score being dropped massively by bots accounts is mostly due to the minuscule community of chihaya 3, so a person took advantage of it and made enough accounts to troll, thats all.

Ahaha you're not making any sense, what you're saying is the death of fun. So people should only review shows they're unhappy about? What should one do when he's loving a show, forbid himself/herself to talk about it? You believe it's a good show and yet people would be lying about it in their reviews? Not making any sense.
Also you're not even watching it, what the heck are you doing in this thread lmao, are you one of those VS fanbois who's coming on the field to relish their mayhem? You're so obvious.

uhhhhhh, you made an account just to reply to my post, aight. and i was just pointing out that all the reviews are obviously biased and one shouldn't judge a show based from those reviews just because you want the show to do really well. But quote me with your actual account so i can defend my point instead of you being lik HAh So ObbVious People Like YoU aRE The ScUm of THe Earth, like bruh how sensitive do you think I am to get offended over the internet. If you want to argue then quote me so i can reply and you can see it. Also i am by no means supporting this degenerate who now made 500 bot accounts to downvote this show
Nov 20, 2019 2:54 PM

Dec 2018
when you make a thread like this and gets a ton of people supporting you which brings so much attention to the bot problem and motivates this degenrate to make 200 more accounts
Nov 20, 2019 3:41 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
You know I wonder if the guy is doing this in order to bring as much attention as possible to the issue in order to force the devs hand at implementing a countermeasure

Just a conspiracy theory lol
Nov 20, 2019 3:58 PM

Nov 2016
TsukuyomiREKT said:
FMmatron said:

MAL scores lose their relevance when one nolife can affect the score this drastically. Why bother even showing a mean score if it's not accurate and can be altered this much by one troll? That's the point here. Also, this isn't the only case of something like this happening, and I can tell you right now it won't be the last.

MAL is a site where you're supposed to go if you want information on a show. The mean score being fucked would obviously affect this. Like, people would look at S3 and automatically think it's worse than the others because it's rated so much lower. And most of them wouldn't look at the stats to see if they're botted because we shouldn't HAVE to do that. If you don't personally give a shit then fine, you do you. But when even the mods are acknowledging that they think think it's an issue and would like to fix it, then I'd say it's a problem.

It won't spread like a diesease and even if, it's just a number on this site. Listen, people who are genuinely interested would watch it anyway. Getting worked up over such trivial stuff is ridiculous.

Nov 20, 2019 4:16 PM

May 2015
FMmatron said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

It won't spread like a diesease and even if, it's just a number on this site. Listen, people who are genuinely interested would watch it anyway. Getting worked up over such trivial stuff is ridiculous.

I don't really care about mean scores that much either, but as I've already said, this is clearly still an issue and it shouldn't be allowed to happen. It goes against the very purpose of the site. Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Nov 20, 2019 5:09 PM

Jan 2018
So anime downvoting = mods/admin getting the blame. I get why this is such a huge deal. If it gets attention, then it's like playing a game. In my opinion it's better than civilization :p
Nov 20, 2019 5:39 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Hori shit, 7.8s.

Some people here are saying that scores don't matter but most of my friend pick up something to watch only if the score is good. Scores are important, you know. I also look at the steam user score/reviews before buying the game.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Nov 20, 2019 6:48 PM

Nov 2019
Wow.. From 364 to 531 voters of 1's.. What worthless dedicated of users. No review for 1 means nobody will believe that scoring. Still though, Chihayafuru brought out one of the best anime series of the season.
Nov 20, 2019 7:34 PM

Jan 2019
FUCKIN 12% 1/10 LIKE I DON'T EVEN CARE ABOUT THIS ANIME BUT THAT'S CLEAR BULLSHIT
On behalf of the Vinland Saga fanbase, I apologize if this was done by one of us. Quite a rabid fan who did this if so...
Nov 20, 2019 8:24 PM

Apr 2017
i can't say anymore for the poor (p) haters who give this masterpiece anime of this season a fucking 1 score , atleats i know why madhouse give this series a sequel again after 5 years and not continued the isekai one :p (simeib)
Moe is Love ! Moe is Life !
Nov 20, 2019 9:59 PM

May 2018
cythraul said:
I've seen worse from FMA:B community. Now add vinland saga fandom to the list of shitty fandoms as well.

Also, if MAL actually does something about troll accounts then I don't think many top anime with big fandoms will have same score they have now.

Vinland Saga fanbase become insecure when they realise Chihayafuru 3 beat Vinland Saga in rating. Its when Chihayafuru 3 beat Vinland Saga, only then the rating drop.
Nov 21, 2019 7:08 AM

Jun 2019
Only 12% of 1/10, I really do not see the issue, but when it comes to 50%, maybe it will be time to notice that some temporary solution should have be found a long time ago. Of course it will not change anything to my life, but this is too bad that it may restrict the number of future watchers. One could also think that this is great publicity for the title and that the downers are actually fans of Chihayafuru with good intentions...
Nov 21, 2019 8:34 AM

Dec 2016
cchigu said:
Hori shit, 7.8s.

Some people here are saying that scores don't matter but most of my friend pick up something to watch only if the score is good.

I'm aware that this whole situation is truly pathetic, that it shouldn't be allowed to happen and that the current score is twisted by a no-lifer, but hey, regardless of all that, a 7.8 is still technically a "good" score...
Nov 21, 2019 8:57 AM
Jul 2017
Akapilka said:
Bardees said:
I don't think this method works. I mean the trolls can easily change their way of scoring from 1 and 10 to 2 and 9. in my opinion, MAL should force their members to add more information to their accounts like phone numbers, but this way may irritate some members and make them leave the website.
What about making your vote valid on the global score only after validating your account? I mean, you can still vote and have your rankings, but it's not going to be counted on the global score.

Good point! Even though it may still irritate some members, it is better than what is happening right now. I mean if this shit continues, MAL will lose their relevance.
BardeesNov 21, 2019 9:17 AM
Nov 21, 2019 9:08 AM

Aug 2015
Bardees said:
Good point! Even though it may still irritate some members, it is better than what is happening right now. I mean if this shit continues, MAL will lose their relevance.
It's not even necessary to do it via phone number (even though it would be the best option). You can use Facebook, Twitter or Instagram for it, like some other pages do, to be less invasive.
Anime was a mistake. Heil Manga.
Nov 21, 2019 9:23 AM

May 2019
papsoshea said:
obvious_troll said:

Woah man you are alive?
Yes....for now at least. I might die again.

Don't worry we'll use the power of plot armor to revive you.
Don't be a self pretentious that is the most gayest thing ever
English Dubs are better than subs
You all have anime profile pic so you opinion doesn't count
Your Waifu is trash
Cory in the house is the best anime
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFQQALduhzA
Japanese are one of the most xenophobic nations
My Anime List looks like a website from 1990s
Nov 21, 2019 9:25 AM

Feb 2010
they were relevant at some point?
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Nov 21, 2019 9:45 AM
Jul 2017
Akapilka said:
Bardees said:
It's not even necessary to do it via phone number (even though it would be the best option). You can use Facebook, Twitter or Instagram for it, like some other pages do, to be less invasive.
I don't see much difference between them. The trolls can create multiple Facebook, Twiteer, or Instagram acounts like email. it is just harder than before. Yeah maybe less invasive.
Nov 21, 2019 10:19 AM

Aug 2018
they were never relevant
I don't care about MAL scores
Nov 21, 2019 5:33 PM

May 2018
Akapilka said:
Bardees said:

People can still create duplicate accounts using Facebook, Twitter etc
Nov 22, 2019 10:55 AM

Nov 2018
Yes, scores are helpful and matter to an extent. You can't do anything about that no matter how much you think saying they don't matter makes you look cool.
And I have already sworn at the trolls in my head and am this far from swearing at those b- nevermind.
Nov 22, 2019 11:19 AM

Oct 2019
seems like another thread got deleted.. wonder how long it takes till they come after this one as well smh.
Nov 22, 2019 12:01 PM

Oct 2018
*Hundreds of fake accounts being made*
"I'm sure mods will do something, they can't just ignore it"

Mods:
-Aincrad-Nov 22, 2019 12:12 PM
Nov 22, 2019 12:29 PM

May 2019
MAL mods are not paid enough for this shit. The whole website needs upgrade. This reminds me of blogs from early 2000s.
Don't be a self pretentious that is the most gayest thing ever
English Dubs are better than subs
You all have anime profile pic so you opinion doesn't count
Your Waifu is trash
Cory in the house is the best anime
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFQQALduhzA
Japanese are one of the most xenophobic nations
My Anime List looks like a website from 1990s
Nov 22, 2019 12:36 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Yes, if it happened to some obscure anime then no one would care, but that's more because people wouldn't know about it happening in the first place. But I can guarantee that if it happened to any currently airing seasonal with more than like 5k viewers then it would get noticed and reported. However, you also have to understand that it is extremely unlikely that someone would bother doing something like this for an anime that didn't have a good score because there wouldn't be much incentive to downvote an anime to hell if it already had a poor score to begin with. That's just how these kinds of people reason

But it works the other way too. I am an admin in the MAL Score Progressions club and we track these kinds of data every day of the year, and I can tell you that for example last season, Symphogear XV had the opposite problem where someone was making a huge amount of bots to upvote it instead. It got boosted from like 7.90 to 8.52 in the span of 2-3 weeks by bots and people weren't exactly happy with that either. Even today, that still has not been fixed. But it was a similar story then of threads being locked and deleted whenever it was brought up. Eventually people get used to the idea and move on once the new season starts and it's no longer on the currently airing tab though but I digress

For what it's worth, in all the years I've been tracking statistics on MAL, I have never seen an anime get more than 10% 1/10s from bots before. I don't think I've even seen 4-5% until this happened. Chihayafuru's raid is on a completely different level to anything before because only recently back in August did MAL staff stop deleting accounts at the same rate as before. That's why it's a much bigger problem now than in the past

Mod Edit: Removed the quoted post. I'm leaving this post here because it contains other information too but please do not continue the original discussion that was full of baiting. It is very obvious that this is a problem created by someone creating hundreds of accounts just to downvote the anime.
LunaNov 23, 2019 4:58 AM
Nov 22, 2019 12:48 PM
Jul 2019
13.9% of 1 stars made by bots. I hate that but I hate Mal even more because they aren't even trying to solve this.
Nov 22, 2019 1:22 PM
Mar 2018
I'm glad that atleast the reviews are genuine, hopefully new fans would check out the reviews too
Nov 22, 2019 1:38 PM

Oct 2018
hazecloud said:
So anime downvoting = mods/admin getting the blame. I get why this is such a huge deal. If it gets attention, then it's like playing a game. In my opinion it's better than civilization :p

Mods are being blamed for doing nothing, acting like it's nothing. They just keep deleting threads, saying nothing. Saying they can't do anything about it for now(which is obviously not true) would still be better, than just deleting anything related to it(except for this thread for some reason) without a word.
Nov 22, 2019 1:45 PM

Jan 2018
-Aincrad- said:
hazecloud said:

Mods are being blamed for doing nothing, acting like it's nothing. They just keep deleting threads, saying nothing. Saying they can't do anything about it for now(which is obviously not true) would still be better, than just deleting anything related to it(except for this thread for some reason) without a word.

An admin has already given a response in this thread: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1811115&show=50#msg58667545
Nov 22, 2019 1:46 PM

Sep 2011
@-Aincrad-

I totally agree that it is annoying the way that you described it. At first I was sad because it was aimed at Chihayafuru (the anime which wasn't significantly popular or with annoying fandom or anything) and I simply like this series, but soon it became irritating because it defeats the purpose of having any sort of global ratings and rankings on MAL and now the Chihayafuru score chart simply looks ridiculous as if only to confirm that ratings are meaningless (which I don't believe to be true).

I dont like the fact that mods are deleting those threads either, however complaining about mods in those threads won't help it either as I am quite positive that they are deleting them because they don't want to see people complaining about them when they are working to deal with the matter but it may take some time (at least that is what I think Luna said).

Lets give them that time. It has been about 2 weeks since this the whole thing started. I don't mind waiting another 2 weeks.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (24) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» If you want to continue with the manga after watching

NiQ1 - Feb 21, 2023

19 by NiQ1 »»
Mar 21, 2:01 AM

» Chihayafuru 4

Kaguyachinchin - Nov 21, 2020

5 by Knighthammer619 »»
Mar 17, 9:43 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2020

148 by tozeos »»
Jan 9, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

shanimebib - Jan 14, 2020

126 by realfifi »»
Dec 18, 2023 2:21 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2019

105 by Katsu-kun »»
Aug 15, 2023 4:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.