Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (24) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Nov 18, 2019 2:02 AM
Dec 2014
It’s back, but not enough not what Chihayafuru deserves
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 18, 2019 4:31 AM

Apr 2012
I don't usually rate airing anime (esp not 1-2 cour anime), but I'm giving exception to this one... certainly not because I'm still in awe (and a bit of tears) after watching the sixth episode.
Nov 18, 2019 5:13 AM
Aug 2018
I am one of the silent users of MAL and always thought its scores were absolute apart from some shows' ratings which didn't seem to fit (I never thought the sickness ran deeper than what meets the eye).
I always thought those with high comments and votes count on streaming sites had nothing to do with their lifes but this bot issues characterize people who need our attention (fussing over the fact that a show will overthrow your favorite?! and wasting one's real life time to write a bot program?!). I never understood why FMAB was top (it's a good show though) while animes I thought were far better weren't; I always inferred that people who loved were far greater in number than those that loved what I thought were far better. Never could I imagine that people would hate amazing shows/manga/novel just for the sake of their loved ones maintaining top ranks!
MAL can count me as one that lost hope in their service (since from what I heard it's being going on since 2014). It's a really too long time to take action.
Nov 18, 2019 11:21 AM

Sep 2013
Yabetil said:
I havent seen Chihaya yet so I dont know why is this happening.

When snk4 came out and started to get 9s and 10s, a lot of fmab fans created new acc to lower the score but, why would chihaya be the target of this bullying?

because it surpassed Vinland Saga in the current airing list.

Chihayafuru dropped from the double digit rankings(50 to 60ish i think IIRC) to 500 in a single day after it surpassed VInland saga
death604Nov 18, 2019 11:28 AM
Nov 18, 2019 11:27 AM

Sep 2013
silversaint said:
some years ago the top rated shows were my guide to pick a new show to watch but then the Gintama take over happened an now i just watch whatever gets my attention

what does gintama have anything to do with it?
Nov 18, 2019 11:58 AM
Aug 2018
There's something I've being wondering and since the guy above mentioned it I want to seize this opportunity to clear my doubts. Am I the only who can't get kickstarted with Gintama. I tried it a couple times and always dropped at ep 2 (obviously I didn't rate it just because I can't get in the mood). My point is, with the current situation can I infer that "servant fans" came up with the funny idea upvoting their show.
Nov 18, 2019 12:11 PM

Oct 2010
There's a few solutions to this.

1. Make it so new accounts ratings are not taken into account for 6-12 months. A long time sure, but ratings really don't affect you personally. It's a community thing and should be protected as such. Make it so they can rate for themselves but so that it just doesn't get counted into the public number.

2. Disable the (public) rating ability of accounts that have an AVERAGE score of like -4 compared to the average MAL user. Very few have tastes THAT different from the average. And if they do, their opinion is too different from the average to matter and it won't hurt to ignore it anyway. If a person has an average score of like 2/10 or even like 4/10 it's pretty obvious to me that they're just a troll account. If they're not trolling then why are they even watching anime if they hate it so much?
Nov 18, 2019 12:59 PM

Mar 2014
So retarded I can't believe it. No previous Chihayafuru season has 362 1/10 ratings.

Mods should remove obviously spammed 1 ratings.
Nov 18, 2019 1:43 PM

Jan 2016
And now the counter attack of spamming 10/10..... sigh. I get why, but I honestly kinda hoped we could avoid falling to that level. Just here waiting the anti-spam patch that hopefully will wipe out both sides of spamming.
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good
Nov 18, 2019 2:28 PM
Nov 2018

Well, Vinland is a masterpiece and its pretty famous now, so I get why the fandom would do that. But, this is a seinen though, it is supposed not to be seen by kids xd
Eventually, you'll fall into death's embrace anyway, so it's stupid to be bound by useless ideals.

Nov 18, 2019 4:04 PM
Feb 2018
Kougeru said:

1. Make it so new accounts ratings are not taken into account for 6-12 months. A long time sure, but ratings really don't affect you personally. It's a community thing and should be protected as such. Make it so they can rate for themselves but so that it just doesn't get counted into the public number.

2. Disable the (public) rating ability of accounts that have an AVERAGE score of like -4 compared to the average MAL user. Very few have tastes THAT different from the average. And if they do, their opinion is too different from the average to matter and it won't hurt to ignore it anyway. If a person has an average score of like 2/10 or even like 4/10 it's pretty obvious to me that they're just a troll account. If they're not trolling then why are they even watching anime if they hate it so much?

Point one sounds logical and easily implementable, but with point two, what about users having 9.x mean score? SHouldn't these ones also be excluded following your logic? :|
Nov 18, 2019 7:15 PM

Jan 2011
death604 said:
silversaint said:
some years ago the top rated shows were my guide to pick a new show to watch but then the Gintama take over happened an now i just watch whatever gets my attention

what does gintama have anything to do with it?

well i was talking about the multiple sequels, movies taking over the top 50 anime, which back then i used as a guide to pick new anime
Nov 18, 2019 7:57 PM

May 2019
papsoshea said:
Every season, you see one of these threads.

Woah man you are alive?
Don't be a self pretentious that is the most gayest thing ever
English Dubs are better than subs
You all have anime profile pic so you opinion doesn't count
Your Waifu is trash
Cory in the house is the best anime
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFQQALduhzA
Japanese are one of the most xenophobic nations
My Anime List looks like a website from 1990s
Nov 18, 2019 9:45 PM
TheCook

Jan 2013
Well, aside from users like the Chihaya-spammer there is also this guy here:

If you have ever wondered why the scores and rankings of many anime and manga changed drastically in the last months he is the reason. He has been at this for years actually but I was able to catch evey account he made and reported it in the illegitimate account thread and Luna removed the accounts. Now that he knows that accounts are no longer removed he has a field day. Even though he is not as active as he once was he still makes about 10-15 accounts every 14 days or so.
Nov 19, 2019 12:06 AM

Jan 2018
Mal scores were never relevant either way. Stopped caring about those a long time ago. Just don't let it bother you.
Nov 19, 2019 3:25 AM
Sep 2018
Kougeru said:

My personal suggestion: used a trimmed mean instead. MAL says the formula for the score is computed as follows

Formula
Weighted Rank (WR) = (v / (v + m)) * S + (m / (v + m)) * C
S = Average score for the Anime (mean).
v = Number of votes for the Anime = (Number of people scoring the Anime).
m = Minimum votes/scores required to get a calculated score (currently 50 scores required).
C = The mean score across the entire Anime DB.

My suggestion is to change S into a trimmed mean, discarding the top 10% and bottom 10% of scores. This removes trolls on both sides (those who spam 10s and those who spam 1s).
Nov 19, 2019 9:40 AM
Jul 2017
jrbabwkp said:
Kougeru said:

My personal suggestion: used a trimmed mean instead. MAL says the formula for the score is computed as follows

Formula
Weighted Rank (WR) = (v / (v + m)) * S + (m / (v + m)) * C
S = Average score for the Anime (mean).
v = Number of votes for the Anime = (Number of people scoring the Anime).
m = Minimum votes/scores required to get a calculated score (currently 50 scores required).
C = The mean score across the entire Anime DB.

My suggestion is to change S into a trimmed mean, discarding the top 10% and bottom 10% of scores. This removes trolls on both sides (those who spam 10s and those who spam 1s).

I don't think this method works. I mean the trolls can easily change their way of scoring from 1 and 10 to 2 and 9. in my opinion, MAL should force their members to add more information to their accounts like phone numbers, but this way may irritate some members and make them leave the website.
Nov 19, 2019 9:46 AM

Jun 2019
MaskOfIce said:
And now the counter attack of spamming 10/10..... sigh. I get why, but I honestly kinda hoped we could avoid falling to that level. Just here waiting the anti-spam patch that hopefully will wipe out both sides of spamming.

I cannot understand this behavior, and I do not like what it says about the so-called mature "community" behind Chihayafuru. Toxic behavior is highly contagious as it seems.

@Kougeru Interesting thoughts. I suggested in a previous thread or message a delay of one month. Considering that many haters act for childish reasons and because of precise events (Chihayafuru>Vinland, FMAB rating drop for example), it is reasonable to think that they would give up if they had to wait for one month.

@enJ0Yable No, because one can watch only top-notch anime and drop everything else without even bothering giving it a grade. But if the use has more than 100 (say) anime in their list, then maybe apply this rule would be fine.

@jrbabwkp Nice suggestion, but things are not so simple in my opinion. First, haters are much more common than boosters (one could make some statistics, but the recent history shows this fact quite clearly), so your cutoff function seems a bit too simplistic. Furthermore, there are ways to detect these accounts and close them. Therefore, I think that waiting for a solution coming from the devs and admins is the only thing to do in the meantime (see Luna's message above).
Nov 19, 2019 9:54 AM

Feb 2018
De_Baer said:
Well, aside from users like the Chihaya-spammer there is also this guy here:

If you have ever wondered why the scores and rankings of many anime and manga changed drastically in the last months he is the reason. He has been at this for years actually but I was able to catch evey account he made and reported it in the illegitimate account thread and Luna removed the accounts. Now that he knows that accounts are no longer removed he has a field day. Even though he is not as active as he once was he still makes about 10-15 accounts every 14 days or so.

These types are almost undetectable!!
'I have no bonds tying me down. That's why I can see things as they are!!' - Yugami
Nov 19, 2019 11:02 AM
Oct 2013
It's such a shame to see this anime get so many 1/10s from trolls/bots. Hopefully once the season is over, things will have balanced out and any bot scores would've been removed. I was quite shocked to see it down so much and was wondering why given its great reviews so far.
Nov 19, 2019 12:39 PM
Nov 2007
Kind of pathetic from Vinland Saga people. I do like both shows but Chihayafuru 3 has been amazing, while VS has some pacing issues.
Nov 19, 2019 1:41 PM

Dec 2018
envoirment said:
It's such a shame to see this anime get so many 1/10s from trolls/bots. Hopefully once the season is over, things will have balanced out and any bot scores would've been removed. I was quite shocked to see it down so much and was wondering why given its great reviews so far.

lol the reviews are bs, made by fans in an attempt to bring chihayafuru back up. now don't get me wrong i haven't watche chiya but i believe it's an amazing show. but the reviews are obviuoly a desperate attempt at redemption, now for the trolls. No they will not be removed and mal is working on a solution that probably won't come for a good few years. And the score being dropped massively by bots accounts is mostly due to the minuscule community of chihaya 3, so a person took advantage of it and made enough accounts to troll, thats all.
Nov 19, 2019 2:25 PM

Feb 2014
Gintama be like: first time?

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
Nov 19, 2019 2:49 PM
Aug 2016
That's so sad, especially when it's made to animes not really greatly popular but really great just like Chihayafuru is.

This community just sucks.
Nov 19, 2019 3:02 PM

Feb 2019
Suprised that this thread is still open. Last thread familiar to this one got closed. Let's how long it will take to see this one down. Not that I wish tho. This issue needs to be fixed.
Nov 19, 2019 4:25 PM

Nov 2018
I am disgusted, it lost about half a point.
Nov 19, 2019 5:12 PM
Dec 2018
terraluna said:
There's something I've being wondering and since the guy above mentioned it I want to seize this opportunity to clear my doubts. Am I the only who can't get kickstarted with Gintama. I tried it a couple times and always dropped at ep 2 (obviously I didn't rate it just because I can't get in the mood). My point is, with the current situation can I infer that "servant fans" came up with the funny idea upvoting their show.
I almost dropped Gintama at episode 2 but it gets better as it continues and I later found out the first 2 episodes are filler anyway so I wouldn’t judge it based on that.
Nov 19, 2019 10:42 PM

Aug 2015
Bardees said:
I don't think this method works. I mean the trolls can easily change their way of scoring from 1 and 10 to 2 and 9. in my opinion, MAL should force their members to add more information to their accounts like phone numbers, but this way may irritate some members and make them leave the website.
What about making your vote valid on the global score only after validating your account? I mean, you can still vote and have your rankings, but it's not going to be counted on the global score.
Anime was a mistake. Heil Manga.
Nov 20, 2019 12:39 AM

Dec 2011
MAL score should be around 4-10. I mean there is no way any anime would be 1..
Nov 20, 2019 1:32 AM
Nov 2019
Just_A_ManBOi said:
envoirment said:

lol the reviews are bs, made by fans in an attempt to bring chihayafuru back up. now don't get me wrong i haven't watche chiya but i believe it's an amazing show. but the reviews are obviuoly a desperate attempt at redemption, now for the trolls. No they will not be removed and mal is working on a solution that probably won't come for a good few years. And the score being dropped massively by bots accounts is mostly due to the minuscule community of chihaya 3, so a person took advantage of it and made enough accounts to troll, thats all.

Ahaha you're not making any sense, what you're saying is the death of fun. So people should only review shows they're unhappy about? What should one do when he's loving a show, forbid himself/herself to talk about it? You believe it's a good show and yet people would be lying about it in their reviews? Not making any sense.
Also you're not even watching it, what the heck are you doing in this thread lmao, are you one of those VS fanbois who's coming on the field to relish their mayhem? You're so obvious.
Nov 20, 2019 3:24 AM

Feb 2011
Bad news, the troll is now downvoting Chihayafuru manga as we speak, guys this is serious THIS HAS TO STOP!!! Mods do something about this, this is getting out of control.... ;_;
Nov 20, 2019 3:26 AM

Oct 2019
sweetangie said:
Bad news, the troll is now downvoting Chihayafuru manga as we speak, guys this is serious THIS HAS TO STOP!!! Mods do something about this, this is getting out of control.... ;_;

Well shit.. tell me at least they havent found season 1 and 2 yet.. Also seems like Season 3 is going down again as well
FionavarNov 20, 2019 3:35 AM
Nov 20, 2019 3:48 AM

Feb 2011
Fionavar said:
sweetangie said:

Well shit.. tell me at least they havent found season 1 and 2 yet.. Also seems like Season 3 is going down again as well

I feel hopeless, I wish there's a way to stop this hatred that's been threading hereby that troll: this is so frustrating: I expect more from the mods to stop this: if this keeps up, this entire website will be controlled by haters: why this is happening towards the series I and many fans treasure so much.. now I'm very upset about all this... no fans deserve this... ;_;
Nov 20, 2019 4:07 AM

Oct 2019
sweetangie said:
Fionavar said:

I feel hopeless, I wish there's a way to stop this hatred that's been threading hereby that troll: this is so frustrating: I expect more from the mods to stop this: if this keeps up, this entire website will be controlled by haters: why this is happening towards the series I and many fans treasure so much.. now I'm very upset about all this... no fans deserve this... ;_;

The thing I dont get is that at least with Season 3 they downvoted it because it surpassed Vinland Saga which is admittingly a pretty stupid reason.. but still a reason. What even is the point of downvoting the manga? It would help tbh if someone could make a thread over on the manga section much like this one.. at least people would know then that the score has been screwed with..
FionavarNov 20, 2019 4:38 AM
Nov 20, 2019 4:41 AM
Dec 2014
Here we go again, it dropped again WTF is wrong with MAL ?! Can’t you do a fu**ing thing ?! So much for the 1st platform of anime ....
H-X-HNov 20, 2019 5:21 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 20, 2019 5:11 AM

Apr 2010
How much people can get bored? It's a good anime. There is a reason it got season 3 even if after some time.

sweetangie said:

If anyone thought it was a coincidence...

Nov 20, 2019 5:35 AM

Apr 2018
idiots are everywhere.
Nov 20, 2019 5:35 AM

Feb 2019
I've seen worse from FMA:B community. Now add vinland saga fandom to the list of shitty fandoms as well.

Also, if MAL actually does something about troll accounts then I don't think many top anime with big fandoms will have same score they have now.
Nov 20, 2019 5:43 AM
Dec 2016
I have checked S1 and S2, they are also going for them. Jesus, what is their problem honestly?
Nov 20, 2019 5:44 AM

Sep 2011
I wonder would it be possible to bring back the rating from before all this commotion and freeze it until the issue is taken care of properly.

Would be helpful for the future to store the data from previous week and only release it when it has been made sure that none of a stuff like this happened which would basically mean that "the current rating" is de facto from last week.
The ratings would still be visible on the score stats though so if for example suddenly 100 "1" came out of nowhere, simply push "freeze rating" button until the matter has been taken care of. Also admins should have the simple "terminate account(s) button" which would delete an account nullifying all of its activity including rating individual episodes as I am assuming they do not right now.
Nov 20, 2019 5:52 AM

Oct 2019
LastShinobi said:
I have checked S1 and S2, they are also going for them. Jesus, what is their problem honestly?

S1 and S2 seem to be rather safe tho.. they have enough votes that the downvoters would have to put a lot of effort into making accounts if they want to bring the score down... the manga and season 3 aint that lucky unfortunately
Nov 20, 2019 6:42 AM

Oct 2018
Alright, so it started going up again, it was 8.09 a few hours ago, with 8.9% 1/1

And it's down to 8.04, with 10.1%.

Seems like whoever the fuck is doing this sh*t has absolutely no life, and insist on keeping this anime below 8.

Without these votes, it would definitely be around 8.75 now.
Nov 20, 2019 6:52 AM
Dec 2016
I've just watched season 1, and also saw very high ratings from this season a couple of weeks ago. Really sad about the fact that the score went down for no real reason. Hope they fix this
Nov 20, 2019 7:57 AM

Sep 2011
-Aincrad- said:
Alright, so it started going up again, it was 8.09 a few hours ago, with 8.9% 1/1

And it's down to 8.04, with 10.1%.

Seems like whoever the fuck is doing this sh*t has absolutely no life, and insist on keeping this anime below 8.

Without these votes, it would definitely be around 8.75 now.

I actually calculated it yesterday excluding all the bot accounts listed (both downvoting and upvoting) and average was 8,72. With MAL formula final result should be around 8,65-8,70.
Nov 20, 2019 7:59 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Oh look the numbers started changing again. Almost 100 new alts since a few days ago

Also looking at the most recent score updates of the manga...
https://myanimelist.net/manga/13245/Chihayafuru/stats?m=all#members
HaXXspettenNov 20, 2019 8:06 AM
Nov 20, 2019 8:27 AM

Nov 2016
Talk about a hyperbole thread.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 20, 2019 8:29 AM

Oct 2018
HaXXspetten said:
Oh look the numbers started changing again. Almost 100 new alts since a few days ago

Also looking at the most recent score updates of the manga...
https://myanimelist.net/manga/13245/Chihayafuru/stats?m=all#members

Oh the manga too?...

Alright, can't tell how much this annoys me, that someone would do something like this. Most likely the most pathetic thing I've seen in MAL since I've been using it
Nov 20, 2019 8:33 AM

Apr 2019
cythraul said:
I've seen worse from FMA:B community. Now add vinland saga fandom to the list of shitty fandoms as well.

2 or 3 stupid trolls don't represent the Vinland Saga fandom,you're generalizing too much in my opinion.
Nov 20, 2019 8:57 AM

Jun 2014
cythraul said:

Also, if MAL actually does something about troll accounts then I don't think many top anime with big fandoms will have same score they have now.

Sorry I fail to see how is this gonna benefit Vinland Saga in any way, in fact, your way of thinking is exactly where the trolls would like to lead to, I can pretend to be any anime fan and do this and the first easy suspicion would come to the one below Chihayafuru S3.

Chihayafuru S3 is already niche, it cannot withstand fan flame wars like other big titles. At the moment, any conspiracy theory will only make things worse. Not to mention, if you look closely to the alleged spammed accounts, they are repeated offenders who caused havoc months ago on the Titan S3 page (gowd, another season 3 got the short end)
Nov 20, 2019 9:36 AM

Apr 2018
Thinking again about this whole situation, the downvoters who are throwing a tantrum because they can't take it to see their favorite anime being democratically crushed by Chihaya, well they can't have a real impact on the S3.
To be fair, people are gonna trust reviews and critics. Like i find myself going to Nick Creamer's blog looking for guidance, more often than not. And Nick is loving Chihaya =3
Just add your opinion about the series in, good or bad, and be serious about it. If I'm interested in an anime, I'm gonna look for the bad reviews first. Thing is, a retarded troll won't have any ground to emit a serious opinion about the show, he did not watch it and even so he would not be able to point out any technical faults about the show, maybe the mood or subject ain't his shit, well too bad, that's all very subjective and can't be a solid reason not to recommend watching it. There are actually a few negative reviews on S1, and half of them are about the card game that they find weird. Also when I say "a few"... the reviews are overwhelmingly 9's and 10's.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (24) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» If you want to continue with the manga after watching

NiQ1 - Feb 21, 2023

19 by NiQ1 »»
Mar 21, 2:01 AM

» Chihayafuru 4

Kaguyachinchin - Nov 21, 2020

5 by Knighthammer619 »»
Mar 17, 9:43 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2020

148 by tozeos »»
Jan 9, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

shanimebib - Jan 14, 2020

126 by realfifi »»
Dec 18, 2023 2:21 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2019

105 by Katsu-kun »»
Aug 15, 2023 4:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.