Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Nov 16, 2019 4:58 AM

Jul 2015
Shoryuuken said:
Piromysl said:

Maybe it's because feminist movement in its current form do not deserve any respect.

And how did you come to that conclusion your honor? Due to the pandering of overly exaggerated negative news surrounding them? That should kill the opportunity of general women to fight for their rightful rights?

What the f... you are taking about?! What kind of rights in 1st world countries women don't have, bit men do? Yeah, exactly. Movement that achieved it's goal should be disbanded, but feminism for some reason remained.
Maybe it doesn't deserve respect, because feminism turned entirely into anti-male ideology.

Nov 16, 2019 6:31 AM

May 2009
Piromysl said:
Shoryuuken said:

And how did you come to that conclusion your honor? Due to the pandering of overly exaggerated negative news surrounding them? That should kill the opportunity of general women to fight for their rightful rights?

What the f... you are taking about?! What kind of rights in 1st world countries women don't have, bit men do? Yeah, exactly. Movement that achieved it's goal should be disbanded, but feminism for some reason remained.
Maybe it doesn't deserve respect, because feminism turned entirely into anti-male ideology.

You're a male talking from the male perspective? How could you possibly relate and talk for women? That is EXACTLY the reason why they march!! It's YOUR (fragile) problem you feel that way and NOT the fault of feminism.
Nov 16, 2019 6:33 AM

Jul 2015
Shoryuuken said:
Piromysl said:

You're a male talking from the male perspective? How could you possibly relate and talk for women? That is EXACTLY the reason why they march!! omg

Thank you for proving my point.

Nov 16, 2019 6:35 AM

May 2009
Piromysl said:
Shoryuuken said:

You're a male talking from the male perspective? How could you possibly relate and talk for women? That is EXACTLY the reason why they march!! omg

Your male superiority complex problem you mean? You're very welcome, women will continue to get their rights and I support it. Whether they're in your privileged judgmental mercy or not.
Nov 16, 2019 6:55 AM

Jul 2015
Shoryuuken said:
Piromysl said:

Your male superiority complex problem you mean? You're very welcome, women will continue to get their rights and I support it. Whether they're in your privileged judgmental mercy or not.

Nowhere I claimed that I'm superior to you because I'm male, yet you displayed clear hostility towards me because I am male as well as considering fictional character being a little too busty as an important issue that needs to be addressed, which perfectly proves my point. Thank you.

Nov 16, 2019 9:14 AM

Jan 2012
lmao why is this pathetic thread still going on

Nov 16, 2019 9:22 AM
May 2009
Shoryuuken said:

This is a truly disturbing case that requires an emergency intervention from intersectional feminists. /s
Nov 16, 2019 9:25 AM

Dec 2008
Oh, dis' gon' be good...
Shoryuuken said:

You're very welcome, women will continue to get their rights and I support it. Whether they're in your privileged judgmental mercy or not.
Tell me dear, exactly what rights woman don't have right now in the US, compared to men?

add: okay, you are not from the states, my mistake. Let's include the whole "western world" then.
Nov 16, 2019 9:41 AM

Mar 2018
Hello everyone, I would like to introduce @Kosmonaut, top-notch femcuckboy.

With your expertise of social political critque in art, is this this misogyny or not?

Topic: ''small boob in manga get big boob in anime''

We'll gladly await your answer!
poop
Nov 16, 2019 9:50 AM

Apr 2018
Thats funny. Her boobs are a bit bigger and everyone goes apeshit. But the other way around not a single soul cares. And what about Bubble girl? You can literally see her underboob and noone cares.
And what about all the ecchi animes, there it is ok all of a sudden?
The MHA fandom is full of bullshit

Nov 16, 2019 11:02 AM

May 2015
Shoryuuken said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

Bigger boobs ≠ misogyny. What size her boobs are shouldn't even matter. Are they bigger in the anime than they are in the manga? Yes, but I really don't see why that's a problem.

If it's truly the case that they're trying to get more publicity and views by making the female characters overal more sexy and making breast bigger, then it's factual misogyny. It's literally objectifying female characters in media to the utmost degree to live up to the male fantasy, even if it really seems trivial to you.

Shadzzo said:
Lmao people are fucking retarded. I hope all of these snowflake feminists kill themselves

Not only do you disrespect the feminism movement, you're also applying validalism on them, calling people retarded makes you seem like the biggest possible hypocrite. People fight for reasons you may not understand, they don't ask for your support, but they also don't ask for this childish behaviour, because you're definitely a reason why they even march.

@old_school_akira
Well, then we all know that it has to do with female objectification, in the manga and adaptation. (if you think logically that is) This discussion should be over by now.

Yeah man, continue caring about things that don't matter. I'm sure these lines on paper will be happy that you're fighting for them.

Nov 17, 2019 2:28 AM

Jul 2012
Shoryuuken said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

Bigger boobs ≠ misogyny. What size her boobs are shouldn't even matter. Are they bigger in the anime than they are in the manga? Yes, but I really don't see why that's a problem.

If it's truly the case that they're trying to get more publicity and views by making the female characters overal more sexy and making breast bigger, then it's factual misogyny. It's literally objectifying female characters in media to the utmost degree to live up to the male fantasy, even if it really seems trivial to you.

Shadzzo said:
Lmao people are fucking retarded. I hope all of these snowflake feminists kill themselves

Not only do you disrespect the feminism movement, you're also applying validalism on them, calling people retarded makes you seem like the biggest possible hypocrite. People fight for reasons you may not understand, they don't ask for your support, but they also don't ask for this childish behaviour, because you're definitely a reason why they even march.

@old_school_akira
Well, then we all know that it has to do with female objectification, in the manga and adaptation. (if you think logically that is) This discussion should be over by now.

>Hurr people fight for a reason
>REEE HOW COME THIS JAPANESE CARTOON CHARACTER HAS BIGGER BOOBS IN THE ANIME THAN ORIGINAL SOURCE

such a noble, strong cause lmao
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 17, 2019 2:36 AM

Nov 2019
>nippon

same country that sexualise children

>west (mainly US because that's what the word west refers to nowadays)

why is this character from MHA sexualised

me: something that doesn't add up...that's right, they don't care about the former! and are just here to whine about their favoritism
Nov 17, 2019 4:18 AM

May 2009
@shadzzo

This conversation is over, I happen to not be 16 anymore. I can't work with these comments.
Nov 17, 2019 6:02 AM

Feb 2019
Esquirtit said:

With your expertise of social political critque in art, is this this misogyny or not?

I mean, one must think what is the point in changing the source material. For example, manga is black and white, sometimes with no colored art anywhere, so when they adapt it, they might give characters different hair colors for identification purposes - this serves a functional objective. In the manga, an exchange may be an internal monologue; in the adaptation, they make it a dialogue - this also serves a functional objective.

What would be the motivation behind making a characters boobs bigger? Does it serve a functional purpose? What was the creative decision behind it? What did the studio hope to accomplish by that? One should question themselves these things when dissecting the situation. I never watched nor read My Hero Academia, but, from the info I have, it does seem sketchy, objectifying and fanservicey. Is it misogyny? I'd have to know how the character is handled and presented to tell.
Nov 17, 2019 11:18 AM

Nov 2019
Kosmonaut said:
Esquirtit said:

I mean, one must think what is the point in changing the source material. For example, manga is black and white, sometimes with no colored art anywhere, so when they adapt it, they might give characters different hair colors for identification purposes - this serves a functional objective. In the manga, an exchange may be an internal monologue; in the adaptation, they make it a dialogue - this also serves a functional objective.

What would be the motivation behind making a characters boobs bigger? Does it serve a functional purpose? What was the creative decision behind it? What did the studio hope to accomplish by that? One should question themselves these things when dissecting the situation. I never watched nor read My Hero Academia, but, from the info I have, it does seem sketchy, objectifying and fanservicey. Is it misogyny? I'd have to know how the character is handled and presented to tell.

objectifying female heroines and fanservicising them helps the ''otaku'' to buy merch.

that's it
Nov 17, 2019 12:39 PM

Jul 2012
Shoryuuken said:
@shadzzo

This conversation is over, I happen to not be 16 anymore. I can't work with these comments.

Yeah good idea to run after realizing the thing you are trying to defend makes no sense kek
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 17, 2019 12:56 PM
Nov 2019
Could be worst - in real life most of the girls in "Kandagawa Jet Girls" would have trouble walking around....

Dunno is it just an "Anime" thing to have overly-curvaceous women in skimpy outfits?

Make me average,bookworm & assassins pride aren't too busty at the moment

But it would be nice for a return to the large eyes, slightly busty Anime style with a little less fanservice.
Nov 17, 2019 1:05 PM

May 2015
Kosmonaut said:
Esquirtit said:

There doesn't need to be a reason. It literally doesn't matter AT ALL.

Nov 17, 2019 2:25 PM

Feb 2019
TsukuyomiREKT said:
Kosmonaut said:

Actually, no, artistic intent does matter, it's a vital part of interpreting any work. The size of a character's breasts shouldn't matter by itself, only when paired with how such breast size is portrayed. In this instance, however, we're talking about an active decision on the artists' part to increase it, which means it had some intent behind it, therefore open to interpretation and criticism. Nothing is done without intent in art, because it is an active act, not a passive state. If it had no intent whatsoever, it wouldn't be there.
Nov 17, 2019 2:27 PM

May 2015
Kosmonaut said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

Actually, no, artistic intent does matter, it's a vital part of interpreting any work. The size of a character's breasts shouldn't matter by itself, only when paired with how such breast size is portrayed. In this instance, however, we're talking about an active decision on the artists' part to increase it, which means it had some intent behind it, therefore open to interpretation and criticism. Nothing is done without intent in art, because it is an active act, not a passive state. If it had no intent whatsoever, it wouldn't be there.

You people really love caring about nothing huh?

Nov 17, 2019 7:03 PM

Nov 2019
they should care about japan being pedophillic and justifying it by saying no humans were in the process.

yet here we are, wasting time arguing over whether something should or shouldn't be
Nov 17, 2019 9:33 PM
May 2016
Reminder girls with big breasts actually do not exist in real life (anyone who disagrees watches too much TV/has been conditioned by society to think otherwise), so depicting sizeable bossoms in any way is offensive.

While we're on the topic, I'm actually disgusted by how objectified characters like Kirishima are. Do you see how much chest and muscle he's showing in his outfit? The most recent episode literally gave such a huge focus on his chest that I felt uncomfortable just watching it. It's ridiculous that media portrays actual teenage boys as being buff chad-Gods and objectifies them as sexual figures under the female gaze. It would be much more realistic if there were some actually tubby characters that weren't treated as jokes, anime SHOULD solely be about depicting reality and I really do not appreciate seeing girls with breasts NOR do I appreciate seeing attractive males with god-like physiques on my television screen. It paints the worst picture for the young boys and girls that watch the show.
Nov 18, 2019 2:24 AM

May 2009
TsukuyomiREKT said:
Kosmonaut said:

It matters, you sayinf it doesn't matter doesn't stop many others to question this decision. It isn't difficult to understand when you look at things from the other perspective, that's it often with alot of movements. Talk with people, alot of different people and you'll learn that the world and human rights isn't that simple and will never be simple.
Nov 18, 2019 4:49 AM
Nov 2019
Kosmonaut said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

The more fat cells Momo got, more stronger she will get, so in the anime she literally got a buff in both appereance and power!
Buy Bitcoins and others cryptos(like Monero), the great crisis is coming!
Also don't forget, taxation is theft!
Nov 18, 2019 9:10 AM

Dec 2008
Shoryuuken said:
It matters, you sayinf it doesn't matter doesn't stop many others to question this decision. It isn't difficult to understand when you look at things from the other perspective, that's it often with alot of movements. Talk with people, alot of different people and you'll learn that the world and human rights isn't that simple and will never be simple.
*cough* *cough*
I'm sorry, but what does "human rights" have to do with anything at all?
Also, I'm still waiting for an example of "rights", that woman in the west are missing.
Nov 18, 2019 1:33 PM

May 2015
Shoryuuken said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

Bro, it's just the size of an anime girl's titties. It's not that serious.

Nov 19, 2019 9:38 PM
Aug 2018
Piromysl said:
Shoryuuken said:
you disrespect the feminism movement

Maybe it's because feminist movement in its current form do not deserve any respect.

If you take a small minority of people and equate them to the whole feminist movement then you clearly don't understand what feminism actually is.
Nov 20, 2019 2:11 AM

Jul 2015
ManThighs said:
Piromysl said:

If you take a small minority of people and equate them to the whole feminist movement then you clearly don't understand what feminism actually is.

Feminism is at its core, an anti-male ideology, so if you label yourself a feminist, you are part of the problem.

Nov 20, 2019 4:40 AM

Oct 2015
Piromysl said:
ManThighs said:

Feminism is at its core, an anti-male ideology, so if you label yourself a feminist, you are part of the problem.

There have been a lot of dumb on this thread but this is perhaps the dumbest yet. Congrats.

Stop watching Sargon of Akkad and read a history book and perhaps you'll understand why there are feminists. The word has been dirtied by hyper reactionary neo-feminists on the internet but there's nothing "anti-male" about a movement for bringing equal rights to women. That is feminism at its core.

This whole thread is a waste of time.
Nov 20, 2019 4:56 AM

Jul 2015
MoonStar9 said:
Piromysl said:

There have been a lot of dumb on this thread but this is perhaps the dumbest yet. Congrats.

Stop watching Sargon of Akkad and read a history book and perhaps you'll understand why there are feminists. The word has been dirtied by hyper reactionary neo-feminists on the internet but there's nothing "anti-male" about a movement for bringing equal rights to women. That is feminism at its core.

Unlike you, I can actually elaborate my cleim, which is backed up by statistics, articles, studies and observable reality and not to dismiss arguments of others just because it hurts my feelings. And I don't even watch Sargon.

Nov 20, 2019 5:00 AM

Oct 2015
Piromysl said:
MoonStar9 said:

Unlike you, I can actually elaborate my cleim, which is backed up by statistics, articles, studies and Observable

You can back up claims of what exactly?
Nov 20, 2019 5:01 AM

May 2009
Minashiro said:
Shoryuuken said:
*cough* *cough*
I'm sorry, but what does "human rights" have to do with anything at all?
Also, I'm still waiting for an example of "rights", that woman in the west are missing.

Go talk to women and especially marginalized colored women in a white men made society.I'm not here for that discussion, as men we can't say they have all privilege and rights just like men. We can't relate with them, but we can in fact, do research and socialize with said group. They're recovering from a long era of being under the thumb of men, so give them space instead of stating they're equals.
Nov 20, 2019 5:56 AM

Jul 2015
MoonStar9 said:

Of feminism being entirely anti-male ideology.

Shoryuuken said:
Go talk to women and especially marginalized colored women in a white men made society.

Excuse me, but if you are making a claim, it is up to you to deliver an evidence to it.
And "go look it up" is not an evidence. It just proves, that if you struggle find an example of at least one legal right, then you are most likely wrong.

Nov 20, 2019 7:08 AM

Oct 2015
Piromysl said:
MoonStar9 said:

Anti-male in the sense that the movement to improve women's social standing is an attack on men or anti-male in the sense that men suffer from it? Either way I doubt it.
Nov 20, 2019 9:02 AM

Dec 2008
MoonStar9 said:
Anti-male in the sense that the movement to improve women's social standing is an attack on men or anti-male in the sense that men suffer from it? Either way I doubt it.
Yes, many see it this way, because of the means, by which the movement is proposing to achieve it's goal and, by some extent, the declared goal itself. The goal is equity, not equality and those two missing letters tell all the difference - without them you look only at the result and decide if it's just or unjust by result alone, disregarding the process. And I'm sorry, but the "hyper reactionary neo-feminists on the internet" are the feminists of the modern day. They took the title and the world now identifies the movement with them, it is too late to change that.

Shoryuuken said:
I'm not here for that discussion, as men we can't say they have all privilege and rights just like men. We can't relate with them, but we can in fact, do research and socialize with said group. They're recovering from a long era of being under the thumb of men, so give them space instead of stating they're equals.
Meh, okay, it was a trap question after all, the one you can't answer without shattering your own arguments. I'm fine with that.
So, instead, may I ask you about "misogyny"? I'm really confused here, as English is not my first language, so I'm going with Google's definition and just don't get it.
Shoryuuken said:
If it's truly the case that they're trying to get more publicity and views by making the female characters overal more sexy and making breast bigger, then it's factual misogyny. It's literally objectifying female characters in media to the utmost degree to live up to the male fantasy
Assuming they did exactly what you are saying, how it that a "misogyny", which is "dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice"? I can cave on the "objectification" claims (which are stupid, but for a whole different reasons), but misogyny? Really? I don't understand how it's applicable in this instance.
Nov 21, 2019 5:01 AM
Aug 2018
Piromysl said:
MoonStar9 said:

Shoryuuken said:
Go talk to women and especially marginalized colored women in a white men made society.

Excuse me, but if you are making a claim, it is up to you to deliver an evidence to it.
And "go look it up" is not an evidence. It just proves, that if you struggle find an example of at least one legal right, then you are most likely wrong.

Dude, feminist fight for equality between men and women. There is nothing sexist or "anti-men" about that. Get your head out of the gutter and stop spewing bullshit.

Oh and sense your so keen on evidence (even though you have provided no information besides your baseless, false claims), here is the literal definition of feminism: Belief in or advocacy of women's social, political, and economic rights, especially with regard to equality of the sexes.
Nov 21, 2019 5:06 AM

Jul 2015
ManThighs said:
Piromysl said:

Dude, feminist fight for equality between men and women. There is nothing sexist or "anti-men" about that. Get your head out of the gutter and stop spewing bullshit.

Oh and sense your so keen on evidence (even though you have provided no information besides your baseless, false claims), here is the literal definition of feminism: Belief in or advocacy of women's social, political, and economic rights, especially with regard to equality of the sexes.

Orly? Can you give me an example of what feminism did to help men? All I can come up with are examples of feminists advocating policies that directly harm men, shutting down MRAs conferences and downplaying their issues.

Nov 21, 2019 6:00 AM

Feb 2010
Why do we care about some random opinion?

Noumu said:
Apparently MHA is now "problematic".

Nah, it's most likely just some trolls trying to trigger the fanboys.

Working well but then its easy to trigger people who get obsessed with sjw's
GrimAtramentNov 21, 2019 6:05 AM
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Nov 21, 2019 7:55 AM

Apr 2017
good thing I can't be bothered to even care about what anyone has to say regarding a show I like, even if it was a 4 to 5/10 show that ppl are shitting on for all I care; what I like is what I like, period!
Nov 21, 2019 2:06 PM

May 2015
People genuinely still believe that women don't have equal rights? My brain hurts....

Nov 21, 2019 2:12 PM

Feb 2010
ttcchen said:
8:02 is my response

TBF overhaul is guilty of many things

also i don't think your suppose to like him.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Nov 22, 2019 12:37 AM

Nov 2014
hazarddex said:
ttcchen said:
8:02 is my response

TBF overhaul is guilty of many things

also i don't think your suppose to like him.
of course he is, he's the antagonist after all, but you still shouldn't wrongfully blame someone for things they never did. No matter how evil he is, it doesn't excuse you (and by 'you' i meant those problematic people who started pointing fingers) to pin nonexistent crimes and misdeeds and labels on them
Nov 22, 2019 3:53 AM

May 2016
lmao why is this pathetic thread still going on
Nov 22, 2019 10:50 PM
Aug 2018
TsukuyomiREKT said:
People genuinely still believe that women don't have equal rights? My brain hurts....

They don't in lots of places around the world. But keep living in your little bubble.
Nov 22, 2019 10:51 PM
Aug 2018
Piromysl said:
ManThighs said:

Orly? Can you give me an example of what feminism did to help men? All I can come up with are examples of feminists advocating policies that directly harm men, shutting down MRAs conferences and downplaying their issues.

Now you've totally moved the argument once presented with the literal definition of feminism and have tried to play the victim card. Go home buddy.
Nov 22, 2019 10:51 PM
Aug 2018
Piromysl said:
ManThighs said:

Now you've totally moved the argument once presented with the literal definition of feminism and have tried to play the victim card. Go home buddy.
Nov 22, 2019 11:52 PM

May 2015
ManThighs said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

They don't in lots of places around the world. But keep living in your little bubble.

Was obviously talking about America, but ok, go off.

Nov 22, 2019 11:55 PM

Aug 2016
I mean you won't hear me complaining about some anime titties.. Though I do prefer accuracy.. Not sure why they made Uraraka super thin in the anime as well.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2020

465 by YeaGERIST01 »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

158 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2020

233 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 8:50 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2020

225 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 8:27 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2020

128 by WolfWood37 »»
Mar 31, 9:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.