Forum Settings
Forums

What are your NOTP? aka ships/pairings you absolutely hate...?

New
Pages (14) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 »
Oct 25, 2019 9:16 AM

Nov 2008
SuzumexKiyomaro-Gash Bell.

F**K OFF, BITCH. XD

I hate her so effing much....Kiyomaro deserves a girl smarter than a three-year-old.

Oct 25, 2019 9:24 AM

Feb 2019
kumiko x reina. I really don't like this pairing. I prefer kumiko x shuichi.

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Oct 27, 2019 2:13 PM
Jul 2018
Shicchi said:
MeisterDM said:
I’ve never seen either Supernatural nor Game of Thrones (not into western media to begin with), but I’m pretty sure people only ship SamDean because they’re both physically attractive. Royal families in the past did the same thing as the Targaryens, except that their children ended up getting horrible genetic mutations and disorders and this destroyed families in the end.

Holy crap so those shit actually happened irl. Very very gross, scary and creepy, gosh.

It happened all the time over the world in royal houses to protect their power. Even people, who weren't relatives in first line (like marrying the cousin, who might be aristocratic in other ways, maybe a duke, count, etc...), often still had been related, so not too many other families could marry-in and gain power.
That wasn't about attractivness or a fetish, unlike many shipper today eeh... they didn't think of it and were very pragmatic about that. They couldn't know about genetics in old times and didn't think of the downsides. That's why many members of royal houses were called mad, because they actually were.
removed-userOct 27, 2019 2:17 PM
Oct 27, 2019 2:26 PM
Feb 2019
Anything from SNK!!!!!
Especially Eren X Levi, seriously!!!
At first I never thought this ship exists and when I found about it I was really disgusted but then ignored it until I have come to it more often and I couldn't help myself from getting really annoyed.... This ship doesn't make any sense!
Also, Eren X Mikasa, for God's sake.
Levi x Mikasa, Levi x Erwin!!

And I dislike Dio x Jotaro (WTF!)
L x Light
Midoriya x Todoroki
Midoriya x Bakugo
Bakugou x Uraraka (this one pissed me off back then lol)

Those the ones that have annoyed me so far.

However, I actually don't interact with anyone who ships them, I would laugh at what I see indeed and then move on.
crybabynesOct 27, 2019 2:29 PM
Oct 28, 2019 3:49 AM

Jan 2010
I actually can understand most ships, like, why ppl ship it. Doesn't mean I ship everything.
Two attractive characters exist is enough reason to be shipped tbh (not for me though, maybe on surface level only, or for the fun of it).
Oct 30, 2019 8:34 PM

Oct 2019
I guess it goes without saying, but ships I personally deem morally questionable is a big no-no to me.

Like anything I think would be borderline or blatantly abusive (e.g., Bakugou x Izuku and Sasuke x Sakura), incestuous relationships (e.g., Itachi x Sasuke and Neji x Hinata), and relationships between an adult and a minor (e.g., Hisoka x Gon and Shinji x Misato; but this can be flexible I suppose depending on the ages of the two; 16 and 19 is acceptable in my opinion, for instance, since I realize that what constitutes a minor in this case varies culturally).

I don't even really hate these ships, they just rub me the wrong way.
Have you done your punches of gratitude today?
Oct 30, 2019 8:37 PM

Nov 2016
MortalMelancholy said:
Shounen guys with other shounen guys. Like c'mon =/
This. 90% of Yaoi Ships for Shonen Anime are not even hinted at. Most Fujoshis see 2 characters have a bit of a friendship and they already want to see them fuck.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 14, 2019 7:21 AM

Jan 2010
Afloo said:
MortalMelancholy said:
Shounen guys with other shounen guys. Like c'mon =/
This. 90% of Yaoi Ships for Shonen Anime are not even hinted at. Most Fujoshis see 2 characters have a bit of a friendship and they already want to see them fuck.

Wrong. Even two characters that never even interacted yet can be shipped. It's called crack ship lol.
Nov 14, 2019 7:36 AM

Jan 2010
SchwingLeePiracy said:
I guess it goes without saying, but ships I personally deem morally questionable is a big no-no to me.

Like anything I think would be borderline or blatantly abusive (e.g., Bakugou x Izuku and Sasuke x Sakura), incestuous relationships (e.g., Itachi x Sasuke and Neji x Hinata), and relationships between an adult and a minor (e.g., Hisoka x Gon and Shinji x Misato; but this can be flexible I suppose depending on the ages of the two; 16 and 19 is acceptable in my opinion, for instance, since I realize that what constitutes a minor in this case varies culturally).

I don't even really hate these ships, they just rub me the wrong way.

Since all those ships you mentioned are strictly fanon (except Sasuke x Sakura, they are canon), it's easy to change things like age and blood relation. It's up to the fans itself after all. Personally, I find sexualization of minor disgusting too. But I do don't mind age gap. I have a few ship that is an adult x minor in canon. But most fanfics I read usually set in the future when the minor is already an adult. What matter to me in shipping is dynamic and how much I love the characters individually.

I don't think you can lump Bakugou x Midoriya with Sasuke x Sakura. Cmiiw, Sasuke x Sakura might be abusive, because Sasuke tried to kill her and everyone in Konoha (?). He doesn't act violent with his allies like Karin (maybe).

But for Bakugou, his attitude towards Midoriya might be worse than how he treats others. But it's just his (bad) personality. He is like that to everyone, not only to Midoriya. That's why Kirishima can become his best bro because of his hardening quirk (one of the reason). If by your logic Bakugou x Midoriya is abusive, then Bakugou's parents is also in abusive relationship because you can see clearly where Bakugou got his violent behavior from lol. He is the exact copy of his mother.
Nov 14, 2019 7:37 AM

Jan 2013
Subaru x Emilia
Araragi x Senjougahara
Takumi x Natsuki (Kokoro ga Sakebitagatterunda)
Hiro x Zero Two
Naruto x Sakura
Boruto x Sarada
Ymir x Historia
Kotarou x Lucia
Kouta x Yuka (Elfen Lied)
Matsuda x Yawara (the only one where I love the girl but the guy is just THAT bad)
Gon x Killua
Subaru x Aoi (Ro-Kyu-Bu!)
Nov 14, 2019 7:59 AM

Jan 2010
vegeta8639 said:
Subaru x Emilia
Araragi x Senjougahara
Hiro x Zero Two
Naruto x Sakura
Boruto x Sarada
Ymir x Historia

Please tell me the reason why you hate these ships! I'm curious lol
Nov 14, 2019 10:21 AM

Jan 2013
Shicchi said:
vegeta8639 said:
Subaru x Emilia
Araragi x Senjougahara
Hiro x Zero Two
Naruto x Sakura
Boruto x Sarada
Ymir x Historia

Please tell me the reason why you hate these ships! I'm curious lol

lol should be obvious enough if you took 2 seconds to look at my favorite characters list.
The first 3 are straight up pairings that mean a girl from my favorites loses. Also Senjou and Zero Two happen to be my most hated and 2 most hated anime character in existence (not just for this reason, I also really hate both of them in general).
Boruto x Sarada means Sumire loses (she's my second favorite Naruto character right after Hinata).
And I do not like Ymir x Historia because it's pretty clear at least to me that Historia just thinks of Ymir as a close friend and taking it beyond that would be forced and weird and just no. It's not that I'm against Yuri in general but I really do not like this pairing even though it would technically mean less competition for my actual favorite character in the show.
Nov 14, 2019 5:41 PM
Jul 2018
Not hate but I have a dislike for Eren x Mikasa. I just think they have zero chemistry.
Nov 14, 2019 5:47 PM

Jan 2010
MeisterDM said:
Shicchi said:

Since all those ships you mentioned are strictly fanon (except Sasuke x Sakura, they are canon), it's easy to change things like age and blood relation. It's up to the fans itself after all. Personally, I find sexualization of minor disgusting too. But I do don't mind age gap. I have a few ship that is an adult x minor in canon. But most fanfics I read usually set in the future when the minor is already an adult. What matter to me in shipping is dynamic and how much I love the characters individually.

I don't think you can lump Bakugou x Midoriya with Sasuke x Sakura. Cmiiw, Sasuke x Sakura might be abusive, because Sasuke tried to kill her and everyone in Konoha (?). He doesn't act violent with his allies like Karin (maybe).

But for Bakugou, his attitude towards Midoriya might be worse than how he treats others. But it's just his (bad) personality. He is like that to everyone, not only to Midoriya. That's why Kirishima can become his best bro because of his hardening quirk (one of the reason). If by your logic Bakugou x Midoriya is abusive, then Bakugou's parents is also in abusive relationship because you can see clearly where Bakugou got his violent behavior from lol. He is the exact copy of his mother.

"PrObLeMatIC SHips ArE OkAY If iT iNVOlvEs mY FAvoURiTe ChaRAcTeRS"

That failed abortion of a ship is fucking abusive. That troglodyte bullied Midoriya for ten years, always get pissed at him for the littlest things, and still doesn't regret his behaviour towards midoriya.

I'm flattered you're bothered enough to write Bakugou's supposed dialogue that long lol
Nov 14, 2019 5:58 PM

Nov 2008
MeisterDM said:

Problematic ships are okay. PERIOD.

Why? Because they're not real and shipping hurts NOBODY..

Do not ship police people. :/

Nov 14, 2019 7:14 PM

Jan 2010
MeisterDM said:
Shicchi said:

I'm flattered you're bothered enough to write Bakugou's supposed dialogue that long lol

Sasuke is wasted potential, but there's still an iota of value in him, unlike katsushit. I've seen serial killers and rapists in anime that were more sympathetic than him, at least they're protrayed as the bad guys they really are, unlike bakugou whom horikoshi protrayed as a hero like some bad joke omegaLUL.

Its a copypasta from reddit.

It's copy pasted from reddit? I guess you're really just a bandwagon hater... sigh.

Anyway, the rest of the bnha fans seems to have the exact opposite opinion. The last popularity poll in both US and Japan showed that Bakugou basically alone at the top leaving the rest of the characters behind like the extras they are lol.
Maybe you can educate yourself first why he is so popular before denying his character and attacking his fans. It's not cool, rather childish.
As much as I hate Sasuke, Kurisu, to the point that I dropped their show because I couldn't stand to see their face one more second on my monitor, I understand why they are popular and respected them and their fans and admitted that it's all just because of my personal dislike ^^

Despite everything, you seem to be able to watch bnha just fine though :D
You'd enjoy this season because apparently Bakugou is not the main character this time.
Nov 14, 2019 7:18 PM

Jan 2010
Chiibi said:
MeisterDM said:

Problematic ships are okay. PERIOD.

Why? Because they're not real and shipping hurts NOBODY..

Do not ship police people. :/

True.
At least shippers stays in their OTP bubble minding their own business.
@MeisterDM actually hurts others by attacking and bashing other people's favorites.
Nov 14, 2019 7:20 PM

Jan 2010
Savasvania said:
Not hate but I have a dislike for Eren x Mikasa. I just think they have zero chemistry.

I admit it's rather one-sided on Mikasa's side lol
Nov 14, 2019 7:31 PM

Jan 2010
MeisterDM said:
Shicchi said:

It's copy pasted from reddit? I guess you're really just a bandwagon hater... sigh.

Anyway, the rest of the bnha fans seems to have the exact opposite opinion. The last popularity poll in both US and Japan showed that Bakugou basically alone at the top leaving the rest of the characters behind like the extras they are lol.
Maybe you can educate yourself first why he is so popular before denying his character and attacking his fans. It's not cool, rather childish.
As much as I hate Sasuke, Kurisu, to the point that I dropped their show because I couldn't stand to see their face one more second on my monitor, I understand why they are popular and respected them and their fans and admitted that it's all just because of my personal dislike ^^

Despite everything, you seem to be able to watch bnha just fine though :D
You'd enjoy this season because apparently Bakugou is not the main character this time.

I'm not a bandwagon hater, I genuinely hate him. I found the copypasta funny enough to post it here. And for the love of god, stop using popularity polls to defend him. I like a character because they appeal to me personally, not because they're popular. Even mineta is more likeable than him, at least he gets reprimanded for being perverted and doesn't bully others.

Smart scientist girl >>>>>>> a sorry excuse for a human being.

Yeah I shouldn't bring up that popularity poll. I don't care too if character I hate is popular.
I just want to make a point that characters get popular for a reason. If Bakugou is really the character you claimed he is, he won't be popular.

Agreed. Smart scientist girl >>>>>>> a sorry excuse for a human being :D
Oh! Sorry did you mean, smart scientist girl = Kurisu, and a sorry excuse for a human being = Bakugou?
^ this totally shows how deep your understanding of characters is, dear lord you're so funny XD
Nov 14, 2019 7:46 PM
Jul 2018
- Sakura and Naruto
- Ichigo and Orihime
- Gray and Lucy

Nov 14, 2019 7:47 PM

Nov 2008
MeisterDM said:
Even mineta is more likeable than him

Ew gross, I have to STRONGLY disagree with this lol

Nov 14, 2019 7:55 PM

Jan 2010
MeisterDM said:
Shicchi said:

True.
At least shippers stays in their OTP bubble minding their own business.
@MeisterDM actually hurts others by attacking and bashing other people's favorites.

I only bashed bakugou's character.
Criticizing a fictional character does not equate to bashing their fans.

You're not criticizing a fictional character, you're bashing a fictional character. Learn the difference buddy.
And yeah of course bashing a fictional character does not equate to bashing their fans. It's still toxic, childish, and disrespectful though. And it does will hurt/offend the fans.
In most case, if the fan in which their favorite character being bashed is equally childish, they would've responded and bashed back. Vicious and toxic cycle.

But then again, I know that hating fictional characters could be fun, ship wars could be fun, hating on something popular could be fun ^^
Though, I do think you should do it in your haters club and don't go around poking into the other side.

Obv, it's differrent if you just want to criticize a character respectfully. I'm sure the fandom would love some insightful character study.
Nov 14, 2019 8:36 PM

Jan 2010
MeisterDM said:
Shicchi said:

Yeah I shouldn't bring up that popularity poll. I don't care too if character I hate is popular.
I just want to make a point that characters get popular for a reason. If Bakugou is really the character you claimed he is, he won't be popular.

Agreed. Smart scientist girl >>>>>>> a sorry excuse for a human being :D
Oh! Sorry did you mean, smart scientist girl = Kurisu, and a sorry excuse for a human being = Bakugou?
^ this totally shows how deep your understanding of characters is, dear lord you're so funny XD

Bakugou = a raging asshole who happens to be a bully, never truly suffers the consequences of his actions, is never called out on his behaviour, cannot keep his cool for more than a few seconds, his personality completely revolves around Midoriya, etc. If you take everything he does into account, he is a sorry excuse for a human being. That guy is worse than 95% of tsunderes, at least they can actually be sweet at times.

Why is that if I dislike/hate a character, I'm automatically a blind hater? People can hate any anime character they want, so why is that your beloved wretched husbando an exception? XD If he was a girl, you would hate him because assholery is hot to you only if the person is male and attractive. [see: your favorites and your hated characters.]

Duh, the same could be said to YOU dear. Look at how blind you are.
If you take everything he does into account, you'll understand him. It doesn't necessarily make you like him. But you'll understand him.
Did you ever see me defending his bad behavior or turn a blind eyes to his flaws? No.
I acknowledge his short comings and flaws. He is an arrogant asshole, has fragile overinflated ego, and has violent streak in him. But I also take into account his development and his good points and how he come to be the way he is (unlike you). He is the most complex character in the series so far and that make him more relatable to some of us.

You sounded like a blind hater because of how you always responded to Bakugou related topics with bashing and disrespectful argument and you only pointed out the bad points.
People can hate what they hate. I just hope they don't deliberately bash in front of someone that is clearly a huge fan of said character. It's called childish, petty and toxic.

Such hypocrisy. Everyone knows attractiveness is a big influence. Those who don't think so is just in big denial.
I'm willing to bet if Bakugou is a girl, I'd like her all the same. Men will be crazy for her. There are tons of doujinshi that portrayed him as girl. Female Bakugou is basically his mother anyways lol. Look how popular she is among male fans despite only appeared for like, 1 minute.

Did you only check my top 10 favorite or my extended favorite? I have Revy, Victorique and Hildegard in my favorites. I'm not against all tsunderes/violent girls. As long as it's well written.
Too bad there is rarely any female character that has such complexity and is written as deep.
Nov 14, 2019 8:41 PM

Aug 2019
Subaru x emilia is the single worst ship ever and I cant believe it is canon
Nov 14, 2019 8:49 PM

Aug 2015
Every fucking gay ship that have came out of the My Hero Academia fandom.
Nov 14, 2019 8:51 PM

Jan 2010
Pakumen- said:
Every fucking gay ship that have came out of the My Hero Academia fandom.

tbh comments like this always brought me back to how I was before. I can picture myself saying this XD I used to hate gay ship
Nov 14, 2019 8:52 PM

Jan 2010
actuallyaadhi said:
Subaru x emilia is the single worst ship ever and I cant believe it is canon

This ship is so notoriously hated I can't help but to get curious and maybe I'll watch it just to see it haha.
Nov 14, 2019 8:56 PM

Aug 2015
Shicchi said:

tbh comments like this always brought me back to how I was before. I can picture myself saying this XD I used to hate gay ship

I don't hate gay ships (I have quite a few of gay friends, both Gay and lesbian) and I don't really care about that. However the entire fandom ruins the series.

You can not go to any single place regarding to MHA without having to see the obsession that people have with it. Also the fact that they are all kids makes it worse for me.

Basically there is no thread of discussion or hype about MHA, is everything about Deku x everyone or Jirou x every single girl. It sickens me.

The only OTP that I hated as much as this was the Naruhina and SasuSaku before they became canon, because there is no war anymore at least (still, Boruto and Sarada are trash characters but that's a whole different thing).
Nov 14, 2019 9:02 PM

Apr 2016
Any ship involving an abusive tsundere.

Kyo x Kagura from Fruits Basket is particularly cringeworty.

Lechter x Kloe. Gosh, Kloe deserves better than that. He's too irresponsible, negligent, and willfully tries to mess with people and waste their time, giving them roundabout answers rather than reciprocating their sincerity. He's a habitual liar who willing supports an evil tyrant for no other reason than because "it's entertaining to him". Lucy would be a better match for Lechter as she actively tries to deal with him, but no woman should have to try to deal with her man like that in the first place.

(Trails in the Sky SC ending spoilers)
Nov 14, 2019 10:34 PM

Nov 2008
swordsmithing said:
Aoshi and Misao from Rurouni Kenshin is another one for me. I love both characters and I love the series, but I can't get behind the idea of them together, considering the noticeable age gap and power imbalance.

Age gaps were not an issue back in the Meiji era though. Kenshin and Kaoru have the same,if not bigger gap and everyone was fine with that.

Nov 14, 2019 10:53 PM

Jan 2019
What does the term "ships" mean? I don't get it.
Nov 14, 2019 11:31 PM

Jan 2010
Pakumen- said:
Shicchi said:

I don't hate gay ships (I have quite a few of gay friends, both Gay and lesbian) and I don't really care about that. However the entire fandom ruins the series.

You can not go to any single place regarding to MHA without having to see the obsession that people have with it. Also the fact that they are all kids makes it worse for me.

Basically there is no thread of discussion or hype about MHA, is everything about Deku x everyone or Jirou x every single girl. It sickens me.

The only OTP that I hated as much as this was the Naruhina and SasuSaku before they became canon, because there is no war anymore at least (still, Boruto and Sarada are trash characters but that's a whole different thing).

Lol I'm sorry about your unpleasant experience.
I don't know which place you went into but it certainly sounds sickening.

In discord server I joined in, everyone seems pretty nice and dandy. Most are university student, some even is a married woman.

Sadly, the fandom can be annoying like that.
But it's not all like that. Some people do discuss the plot and character study.
Some people do discuss things other than gay ship lol. In fact, BnHA is better than One Piece fandom (at least the shipping part). The het ship is even more non existent there.

I never been in Naruto fandom but something as popular as Naruto... I can imagine how the fandom looks like. Especially with the ship war.
The thing about gay ships in shounen is, ppl usually just busy with their own delusion bcs none is going to become canon anyway. Meanwhile, in Naruto, Bleach, Re:zero, the ship war is more vicious (I think?) because both ship has potential to be canon lol.
Nov 14, 2019 11:31 PM

Jan 2010
Water-sama said:
What does the term "ships" mean? I don't get it.

I means, you pair two character together in romantic way ;D
Nov 14, 2019 11:45 PM

Jan 2010
MeisterDM said:
Shicchi said:

Duh, the same could be said to YOU dear. Look at how blind you are.
If you take everything he does into account, you'll understand him. It doesn't necessarily make you like him. But you'll understand him.
Did you ever see me defending his bad behavior or turn a blind eyes to his flaws? No.
I acknowledge his short comings and flaws. He is an arrogant asshole, has fragile overinflated ego, and has violent streak in him. But I also take into account his development and his good points and how he come to be the way he is (unlike you). He is the most complex character in the series so far and that make him more relatable to some of us.

You sounded like a blind hater because of how you always responded to Bakugou related topics with bashing and disrespectful argument and you only pointed out the bad points.
People can hate what they hate. I just hope they don't deliberately bash in front of someone that is clearly a huge fan of said character. It's called childish, petty and toxic.

Such hypocrisy. Everyone knows attractiveness is a big influence. Those who don't think so is just in big denial.
I'm willing to bet if Bakugou is a girl, I'd like her all the same. Men will be crazy for her. There are tons of doujinshi that portrayed him as girl. Female Bakugou is basically his mother anyways lol. Look how popular she is among male fans despite only appeared for like, 1 minute.

Did you only check my top 10 favorite or my extended favorite? I have Revy, Victorique and Hildegard in my favorites. I'm not against all tsunderes/violent girls. As long as it's well written.
Too bad there is rarely any female character that has such complexity and is written as deep.

>Implying that bakugou has depth
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RqOn7wa4jRU

I also checked your hated character list. Otae beating the shit out of kondo (being nice doesn’t mean you’re entitled to someone) is absolutely disgusting and haram, but Okita trying to kill hijikata and Kamui killing people like the blood knight he is (initially) is apparently A-okay to you because they’re pretty boys.

Sakura often beats the shit out of Naruto, but there are male characters with similar personalities in other anime, but that doesn’t bother you either.

Tohsaka Rin and Kurisu don’t even behave violently, yet them showing any sign of animosity is a bad thing to you.

I’m pretty sure that they were guys, you’d like them.
Those are just a few examples.

Aww, I'm flattered you even took time to read my messy profile page haha.

/Anyway, I didn't watch the vid you gave me/

I have 0 opinion about Kamui tbh.
I believe Okita's trying to kill Hijikata is comic relief. It's exaggerated portrayal of his hatred towards the man. I get it if people hate it though.

Just because Rin and Kurisu doesn't behave violently so I can't hate them? Why? I have my own reason to hate them. Rin to lesser extent because I don't really like the series in the first place. So she is easily a forgotten character.

I have no idea why you're judging my likes and dislikes. You went from bashing a fictional character to bashing my preferences now.
I think it's clear that I have differrent likes and dislikes for female and male character. Is this a foreign concept to you? Is this a crime?

You only stating the obvious at this point. I never deny that I love bad boys in my fiction as I stated myself in my profile page.

I don't know what you were trying to accomplish here.

One thing for sure, Bakugou, regardless of his sex, is an interesting character and a character I admire and can relate quite closely. That's why I think I can put aside my hatred of tsundere even if he were a girl. As I stated before, I can love a female tsundere if I find the character interesting enough. Sadly, it's a very rare case because I haven't found female character that is written good enough.
Nov 14, 2019 11:50 PM

Jan 2010
swordsmithing said:
Like a lot of previous answers, I would definitely put Levi/Mikasa from Attack on Titan on a NOTP list. I just don't get the appeal, aside from them being similar characters. They canonically don't like each other very much, they're possibly related, and there's a huge age gap between them. I just don't get it.

Aoshi and Misao from Rurouni Kenshin is another one for me. I love both characters and I love the series, but I can't get behind the idea of them together, considering the noticeable age gap and power imbalance. My aversion to the ship has only gotten stronger after certain things about the author came to light....

Okay this piqued my interest. What certain things about the author....?????

It's easy for me to understand why people ship Levi and Mikasa lol.
They are basically the best boy and best girl of the series.
I hate that ship because I already ship them both with someone else XD
Nov 15, 2019 12:06 AM

May 2016
Zack and Racheal from Satsuriku No Tenshi.

For starters Zack is in his 20s and Rachel is 13 so...

Thank god it's not a cannon thing but I hate it when people ship them.

Also any gay ships of cannonly straight characters. Like according to most of the fan base. Haikyuu doesn't have one straight person.
DaiNyiteNov 15, 2019 12:10 AM
Nov 15, 2019 1:24 AM

Jan 2010
DaiNyite said:

Also any gay ships of cannonly straight characters. Like according to most of the fan base. Haikyuu doesn't have one straight person.

1. Okay I didn't know Rachel is 13 yo. Won't stop me from shipping them though. Age is easy to alter.
2. You know that it's only a fan thing right?
Nov 15, 2019 8:40 AM

Jan 2010
RogueCitizen64 said:
Any 'romance' which is never developed over the course of the series but we are supposed to believe happened during the timeskip just before the epilogue in battle shonens.

Examples please :3

Though I might have an idea XD
Nov 15, 2019 9:18 AM

Nov 2008
Shicchi said:
DaiNyite said:

1. Okay I didn't know Rachel is 13 yo. Won't stop me from shipping them though. Age is easy to alter.

Lol, I like you a lot, Shicchi. xD

@DaiNyite
ZackxRay might as WELL be canon; the novel says she looks at him as though she "was gazing at her most beloved person in the world" so :p

Also she won't be 14 FOREVER...what's wrong with shipping them then? Everybody knows RACHEL is the adult in the relationship anyway; Zack's like mentally twelve. xD

ChiibiNov 15, 2019 9:55 AM

Nov 15, 2019 11:41 AM

May 2016
Chiibi said:
Shicchi said:

Lol, I like you a lot, Shicchi. xD

@DaiNyite
ZackxRay might as WELL be canon; the novel says she looks at him as though she "was gazing at her most beloved person in the world" so :p

Also she won't be 14 FOREVER...what's wrong with shipping them then? Everybody knows RACHEL is the adult in the relationship anyway; Zack's like mentally twelve. xD

@Shicchi @Chiibi

Zack and Rachel are both mentality unstable and the feeling is platonic acceptance. Not once was their relationship shown to be anything more than people who relied on each other. Also beloved doesn't have to mean romantic. Yes, age can be altered but all the fan art I've seen doesn't and I don't enjoy seeing a 13 year old in that kind of light. Children shouldn't be sexulized, even more so if they weren't created to be. It's just wrong. (in which I'm now assuming you two to be fairly young if you think this relationship is okay.)

As for the Haikyuu fan base making everyone gay... I know it's just them but like Tanaka and Noya are known to have crushes on the female manager Kiyoko but everyone turns their heads and calls them gay. It's slightly annoying is all.

I know this is all opinions but mine are no paedophilia and let the straight ships live too. I don't mind the gay ships just calm down about it and if someone is clearly straight don't put your gay fetish onto them. (Same if someone is gay. Just don't make them straight just cause you want to.)

Anime and Manga shouldn't be taken too seriously but I personally don't like changing anything that is cannon because then it's not that story anymore.

Sorry for the long post! Have fun and be nice!
Nov 15, 2019 12:02 PM

Nov 2008
DaiNyite said:
Zack and Rachel are both mentality unstable and the feeling is platonic acceptance. Not once was their relationship shown to be anything more than people who relied on each other.

Haha WRONG. It's absolutely there; they're just sneaky about it because people (like you) would freak out if it was blatant.

*The ending theme song is Rachel's love song to Zack sung by Rachel's voice actress
*Rachel uses a red thread to fix Zack's wound. Red thread symbolizes "lovers" in Japanese lore.
*EddiexRayxZack is portrayed as a love triangle; even the dialogue plays on it.
*In the novel, Zack describes Rachel's sleeping face "as beautiful as an angel"
*Both Zack and Ray use the kabe-don trope on each other.
*Zack gives Ray his knife. In the olden days, this was a gesture of a wedding proposal.
*Sanada, the creator HIMSELF said "romance could exist in a relationship like theirs".

Also there's THIS shot.

That is not a "platonic" look. By any means. xD

They're in love. Suck it. :)

Also beloved doesn't have to mean romantic.

I can read Japanese and in this case, it does.

Children shouldn't be sexulized, even more so if they weren't created to be.

How is shipping=sexualizing? Lol And you're complaining about Rule 34? Good luck; if it exists, there is porn of it. :/ Maybe it's not tasteful...but it doesn't hurt anyone.

It's just wrong. (in which I'm now assuming you two to be fairly young if you think this relationship is okay.)

You are only allowed to say "it's wrong" in real life. Don't be a damn SJW. :/ I'm in my thirties. I ship them. The Funimation staff ships them. BOTH manga-kas ship them and the novel author definitely ships them.

See, we happen to be mature enough to go "This is the beauty of fiction. Fiction and reality exist in a different vacuum." We're big girls. We can handle it.

Sorry for the long post! Have fun and be nice!

If you want us to have fun, don't try to ruin our fun by applying morals to shipping. :/

@RogueCitizen64

I agree; timeskip romance is complete BULLSHIT. xD Hate it.
ChiibiNov 15, 2019 12:18 PM

Nov 15, 2019 1:44 PM

Mar 2013
Going to have a little bit of a rant here...

So back in the day there were certain ships I found annoying (and still do). I really don't like Lizzie paired with Ciel or just anyone in Black Butler because I find her character infuriating. I also didn't really like any pairings in SAO. But the thing is, you can just avoid the ships you don't like.

This is where my newfound hatred for certain ships come from...And it isn't for the ship itself, it is for the shippers.

Eruri (AOT) - I honestly really love this ship. I adore these characters and think they work well together. But other people who ship it, jesus christ can you not attack other people in the fandom for five minutes? You can ship eruri without shitting all over every other pairing. I've even had eruri shippers shit all over me even though I also like it because I committed the great sin of mentioning other ships, or even just telling them "hey, maybe don't send death threats to people over this?"

Levihan (AOT ) - I don't really ship this but I get why people do. But the problem is a lot of levihan shippers will shit all over other pairings and say any mlm pairings is "fetishisation". Or even worse, try to argue eruri is "problematic" because of the ackerbond or the height difference or Erwin is a father figure...apparently?

Yumikuri (AOT ) - Again, I actually ship this too. But some of the shippers are infuriating. Please stop pretending this is a perfect healthy uwu ship and you're now allowed to be an asshole to other people. Also people can ship Historia with other characters if they want. It isn't "erasing lesbian rep".

Viktor/Yuuri (YOI ) - Haven't finished watching the whole series so no particularly strong feelings on the ship itself. But I've ended up hating people who ship it because they can't seem to just enjoy the ship without ranting about how YOI is the only pure soft unproblematic BL to ever exist and the "evil fujoshis" are ruining anime. The ship isn't even that healthy anyway. Viktor makes fun of Yuri's weight at the beginning.

Ash/Eiji ( Banana Fish) - Again, I really love this ship. And I loved the series. But for some reason despite all the dark themes in the show it has managed to attract a load of fans who like to shit on other people for being "problematic". Did you not pay attention to what you watched? There's rape and child abuse in abundance in this show.

Every single ship in bnha - I just cannot enjoy this series any more because of the fans and all the wars that break out over ships. Look, it's okay to have headcanons about certain characters. If you think Momo is a lesbian, that's fine. If you see Todoroki as bi or ace, or anything else, that's fine. If you feel uncomfortable with bakudeku, that's okay. But stop attacking each other over this shit. And stop trying to protect fictional characters that don't exist. They are just drawings. I don't care how much you identify with the character, it's not a real person.

In conclusion, ship whatever the hell you want. You want to ship something problematic? Go nuts. You want to ship something healthy and pure? Do that. But if you do ship a "healthy pure uwu" ship, that doesn't make you morally superior to anyone. If you act like a dick, you're still a dick whether you ship eruri or not.

Nov 15, 2019 4:26 PM

Oct 2015
Saber x Gilgamesh. Aside from the really rape-y subtext he has with Saber, I feel like shipping them has a wish fulfillment meaning to it that I find pathetic.

Also I abstain from Kumiko x Reina because Kyoani pretty much changed their sexualities without committing to actually making them a couple (in true Kyoani fashion).

I don't ship in general, I just don't like these two ships in particular.
JRads47Nov 15, 2019 4:33 PM

"If you don’t believe in yourself, no one will do it for you."
Nov 15, 2019 4:37 PM
Jul 2018
@DaiNyite

You: "You know. I'm uncomfortable with this pedophilic ship."

Freaks: "HOW DARE YOU INSULT MY GROSSLY PEDOPHILIC SHIP THAT IS NOT ONLY A PEDOPHILIC SHIP BUT ALSO EXTREMELY UNHEALTHY!"

OH SHIT! THIS ACTUALLY POSTED! Oh well, I dug my own grave and I'm not wrong.
Nov 15, 2019 4:41 PM

Nov 2008
-Mae- said:
@DaiNyite

You: "You know. I'm uncomfortable with this pedophilic ship."

Freaks: "HOW DARE YOU INSULT MY GROSSLY PEDOPHILIC SHIP THAT IS NOT ONLY A PEDOPHILIC SHIP BUT ALSO EXTREMELY UNHEALTHY!"

OH SHIT! THIS ACTUALLY POSTED! Oh well, I dug my own grave and I'm not wrong.

Don't call people "freaks" for liking something harmless. :/ That's what makes you wrong.

Ships are not required to be healthy. They are not required to be anything.

Nov 15, 2019 4:45 PM
Jul 2018
Y'all can we forget my post. I didn't mean to post that, shit. Lol ;w;

I was vent posting and deleting.

This is why we should have an OTP thread instead. :/

Spread positive vibes!
Nov 15, 2019 4:51 PM

Nov 2008
MeisterDM said:

Relationships are supposed to healthy and mutual. You're supposed to show genuine love towards your SO.

Let me explain to you how shipping works:

There are no rules.

Also, pedophilia is gross, period.

Zack and Ray don't have a sexual relationship to begin with. But quit policing ships. Lame.

@-Mae- yeah, we got one somewhere lol xD

Nov 15, 2019 6:38 PM

Oct 2015
Oh yeah, also Madoka x Homura, Rebellion ruined that one for me.

"If you don’t believe in yourself, no one will do it for you."
Nov 16, 2019 5:46 PM

Nov 2008
I dunno. I still think MisaoxAoshi is cute...even if it's not something that could happen IRL. :/

like a lot of ships

Pages (14) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re Zero s3 censorship confirmed on 2 characters ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

rohan121 - Mar 26

222 by eli_shmeli »»
5 minutes ago

» Hunter x Hunter Continuing Anime

bsiebert25 - Yesterday

6 by Jailed »»
8 minutes ago

» Similar Anime that fail to work for you

kizumi91 - Mar 27

28 by OmegaOtaku »»
35 minutes ago

» What's an anime that anybody can and probably will like?

ShadedGlass - 5 hours ago

12 by W3TFT »»
48 minutes ago

Poll: » What do you think of piracy? ( 1 2 3 )

ForgotEyeWasHere - Mar 26

105 by ColourWheel »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.