Forum Settings
Forums

Name the anime that doesn't deserve all hatred it's gets

New
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Nov 14, 2019 4:51 PM

Aug 2013
FallenCrusader said:
Kuzu no Honkai. Imo that show is undoubtedly the best half-seasoned title of all I've seen. Very impressive one for many reasons. But it's reputation is basically the one of hentai even though it's ecchi always was an essential part of the story and never was a fanservice - without even mentioning how cleanly all of those scenes were shown.

Fully support this opinion. Kuzu no Honkai was fantastic and I wish it was longer.

I recently finished Darling in the FranXX and I've been told its so damn bad and also the Reviews of the show spoke a very negative language. I watched all of it and despite the pacing being strange and the latter half of the show turning into Gurren Lagann (based Trigger) I didn't think it's that bad. I gave it a solid 7.
KamisamaHatatanNov 14, 2019 5:10 PM
Nov 14, 2019 5:00 PM

Aug 2019
brijesh said:
Attack on titan season 3
IMO it is the best season (I haven't watched part 2 yet) but many have it as the most hated season of AOT

season 3 part 2 is the best part of attack on titan, you're in for an absolute thriller
Nov 14, 2019 7:24 PM
Jan 2017
Gundam seed. I really don't understand the hate at all.
Nov 14, 2019 7:25 PM

Oct 2017
Stuff like Goblin Slayer or the Shield Hero with their dumb controversies

Nov 14, 2019 7:30 PM

Sep 2018
Definitely Sword Art Online, particularly the first season.

It's just a totally average Isekai in my opinion (5/10), but that doesn't warrant all of the jokes and hate the show gets, especially because it's popularity was a major factor in popularizing the genre.
Blanks.
Nov 14, 2019 11:22 PM

Jul 2016
Issmail22Lawfy said:
IMO
One piece ( one a victim ot the wars between shounen fans also victim of the" too much episodes" thing)
AoButa ( just look at the reviews people just hate it because it was popular )
mirai nikki ( the ending wasn't that good yet it had one of the best yandere females character ever )
shokugeki no souma ( the ending was bad but people forget how great it was at some point)
People definitely underestimate how good One piece can be because of the number of episodes it has, but it's actually really fun to watch, with all the worldbuilding and diverse amount of characters, making the world feel that much more lived in.
Nov 15, 2019 8:46 AM

May 2018
Chiibi said:
What's "broken and twisted" about it?

- Like how can one organize such an elaborated deathtrap in the first place - crazy people have insane amounts of money in this world?
- The official condition to leave the game was to clear all the levels.
Not someone to clear them, this exit was (theoretical) granted only to those going through all the trials.
But suddenly if you kill the hidden immortal admin you can shut down safely the game?
How is that not broken in comparison to formal logic?

Chiibi said:
I just explained it.

Yeah, you explained this to us and we weren't impressed:
- Because it was this show's business to explain it not yours.
- It's kind of botched explanation, a quick fix, not something well planed or foreshadowed or something...

BallisticRiot said:
especially because it's popularity was a major factor in popularizing the genre.

Yeah, a genre that isn't a genre and SAO doesn't belong to anyway...
alshuNov 15, 2019 8:49 AM
Nov 15, 2019 9:12 AM
Jul 2018
Nov 15, 2019 9:19 AM

Aug 2016
Aldnox said:
School Days is a deconstruction of harem and romance and the reason people hate it is because it did a good job at deconstructing harem and romance, genres people are very attached to.

This one is only anime that deserves to be here
Nov 15, 2019 9:22 AM

Nov 2008
alshu said:
Chiibi said:
What's "broken and twisted" about it?

- Like how can one organize such an elaborated deathtrap in the first place - crazy people have insane amounts of money in this world?
- The official condition to leave the game was to clear all the levels.
Not someone to clear them, this exit was (theoretical) granted only to those going through all the trials.
But suddenly if you kill the hidden immortal admin you can shut down safely the game?
How is that not broken in comparison to formal logic?

I don't remember them saying Heathcliff/Kayaba was 'immortal'...just that he could alter time.

Nov 15, 2019 3:07 PM

May 2018
Chiibi said:

I don't remember them saying Heathcliff/Kayaba was 'immortal'...just that he could alter time.

OK, another not very logical thing, "god mode" not giving immortality in the game...
But even if this was somehow intended doesn't make sense to me either.
Nov 15, 2019 3:11 PM

Sep 2019
Jese23 said:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/37379/Chihayafuru_3
Getting hate for no reason

It took too long to have a season 3. That's the reason.

Wandering Witch is the best light novel ever!
Nov 15, 2019 3:19 PM
Jan 2019
Theoderic said:
Many people will say sao but just know that they're wrong. :>

SHUTUP SAO hater!
————————————
Nov 15, 2019 3:20 PM
Jan 2019
SAO for sure
————————
Nov 15, 2019 3:22 PM

Nov 2008
xx_ibrahimd_xx said:
Theoderic said:
Many people will say sao but just know that they're wrong. :>

SHUTUP SAO hater!
————————————

What xx_ibrahimd_xx said. :>

The only part of SAO I don't like is ALO; everything else is just fine.

Nov 17, 2019 1:05 AM

Oct 2016
actuallyaadhi said:
brijesh said:
Attack on titan season 3
IMO it is the best season (I haven't watched part 2 yet) but many have it as the most hated season of AOT

season 3 part 2 is the best part of attack on titan, you're in for an absolute thriller
I have completed part 2 now. I totally agree with you.
If you try to find out who or what I am all that's waiting for you is despair
Jul 3, 2020 3:09 AM

Jul 2014
ObscureObsidian said:

FirstEel said:
91 Days seems to be disliked by a lot of people when honestly it was amazingly captivating. One of my all time favorite movies being Goodfellas, it really captures the crime families/mafia aesthetic along with the way mafioso operated well.
91 Days? Really? I actually find the show a little too unappreciated. I must admit the ending was a little bit anti climatic for me, but i must admit i wasn't quite in the mood when i watched it maybe if i rewatch it hopefully the score will go up instead of down.

Late reply, just got a notification for this.

If I had to make a guess I'd say it's probably because people expect a lot of extremes in anime. Either extremely gritty realism, wonder and wackiness, or super creative and imaginative stuff. 91 days is very much a grounded story that happened during a really crazy time, so it's too in the middle to be mass appreciated. It's not "super realistic" because the prohibition era was honestly very wild, but its not super creative because it's a grounded in reality revenge story. Honestly not all that surprising so many don't like it or find it boring, it's pretty criminally underrated though and would probably be more appealing to people who don't typically watch anime.
Jul 3, 2020 3:42 AM

Feb 2017
idk, there's no anime that doesn't deserve to get hated.
Jul 3, 2020 7:51 AM

Dec 2015
Most of the big shounen like Naruto, BNHA, Bleach.
Whilst they have issues - particularly Bleach (and I can admit that, despite it somehow still being one of my favourites) - there's a reason they're so huge. The stories may not be beautiful and intricate and the art may not be that good, but they're entertaining as hell (or at least for a lot of us).
It's fair to have your preferences and for these types of shows to just not be your thing, but I don't think they deserve the shit some people give them.
Jul 3, 2020 8:29 AM
Jul 2018
Sword Art online - it's an alright show
One Punch Man season 2 - I remember I liked it when I watched it
Black Clover - it gets better later on
Shows with a lot of fanservice
Jul 3, 2020 8:34 AM
May 2019
Sword Art Online

Even though it wasn't the best show and had quite a lot of flaws. It was still really entertaining for me to watch, and it is also a really original that had a lot of influence on modern anime.

also alicization is great
Jul 3, 2020 8:37 AM

Mar 2018
Nurguburu said:
Sword Art Online is not bad as everyone told me. Bad shows are for example One Punch Man, Erased or Violet Evergarden.

It is a good thing that everyone has different taste buds but I wouldn't want yours.
Jul 3, 2020 8:41 AM

Mar 2020
fairy tail - it deserves all the hate it gets i just really enjoyed it

pupa - i fucking hated it but worst anime ever? no.

juuni taisen - i can see why people wouldnt like it but i enjoyed it

zombie-loan - its good but the art is very generic its like if all of 2007 anime was combined into here
yum riceballs

i just want a baccano! season 2
Jul 3, 2020 12:50 PM

Aug 2017
huntress1013 said:
Nurguburu said:
Sword Art Online is not bad as everyone told me. Bad shows are for example One Punch Man, Erased or Violet Evergarden.

It is a good thing that everyone has different taste buds but I wouldn't want yours.

Oh, no problem with that at least we like BL :D
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 3, 2020 1:40 PM

Mar 2018

I am actually thinking of watching the show. I tagged it on Crunchyroll. Also SnK S03 features my absolute favourite story arc as well as an ending that totally broke my heart. I didn't know that it is hated not enough Titans? I really dislike what will now be covered in S04.
Jul 3, 2020 1:46 PM

Mar 2018
Nurguburu said:
huntress1013 said:

Nurguburu said:
huntress1013 said:

:ggg: :nod nod: Totally! I kinda get One Punch Man but not so much Violet Evergarden. So gorgeous and some really great stories (love the one with the observatory as well as the whole story involving Gilbert and Dietfried)
Jul 3, 2020 1:59 PM

Oct 2013
Every shounen series ever. You don't always have to have a deep plot and character development for something to be enjoyable.

Sometimes I want a nice, well thought out plot with great character development. Sometimes I want to watch giant robots fight with pew pew lasers and definitely (not) lightsabers. Sometimes I just want to see some tig ol anime bitties. And sometimes I want to watch buff guys with super powers beat the shit out each other.

Just let me watch my big sweaty guys scream and pound each other in peace, damn it! Waiit...I didn't think that last part through well enough....
Jul 4, 2020 11:30 PM
Jul 2020
Definetly demon slayer, people hate on it just because its overhyped smh
Jul 4, 2020 11:51 PM
Nov 2019
attack on titans.
this show really don't deserve.

AOT Haters, Kill me please
Jul 5, 2020 12:16 AM

Dec 2018
SAO isn't good but SAO haters are way too baseless to even be taken seriously. I guess most of them are trolls idk.

Eva haters also have come up with some of the weakest criticisms I've ever seen. Many have derived solid ones, but most of them just... hate it.

I'm not here to judge whether these shows deserve the hate it gets actually. But getting the hate from people like these surely isn't worth it.
. . .
Jul 5, 2020 4:09 AM

May 2020
In my opinion there are many and the reason being is that these anime have a lot of things but people just grab 2-3 faults(out of which some cannot even be considered as faults) and start spreading hatred. Anyways my list includes these which should not have so many haters:
Sword Art Online
Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari
Ansatsu Kyoushitsu
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!
Darling in the FranXX
Fate/stay night
Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
Plastic Memories
Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu

And many of thses are my 10's but many people hate these, however Lovers>>Haters.
My MALoween✟Mansion 2022 Candies :
Jul 5, 2020 4:26 AM
Dec 2017
Black clover is a great shounen although the anime has lackluster animation most of time but everything else like the characters, story and music are great.
Jul 5, 2020 4:34 AM

Apr 2019
the first thing that comes to my mind is the Monogatari Series, because there is a legion of people who didn’t watch and insist on saying it’s bad. I was influenced by this group myself and spent years thinking that monogatari was bad until I went to watch it myself.

ps: in my teenage years I fell asleep watching the anime, because it wasn't the target audience. and now as an adult I re-watched and was surprised since I didn’t expect to become an monogatari fan.
Nov 5, 2021 8:10 AM

Jul 2017
Happy Sugar Life. People can't appreciate peak CGDCT smfh

Nov 11, 2021 7:18 PM

Nov 2019
SAO 1; we gotta wind back that hatred boys
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

» Characters you like but everyone else hates.

Spunkert - May 17, 2023

41 by AverageRiceFan »»
1 minute ago

» Credit cards companies are forcing the Hentai industry

Dije - 7 hours ago

32 by _FRB_ »»
13 minutes ago

Poll: » What is your most common reason for rewatching anime?

MeanMrMusician - Yesterday

19 by mizukasa »»
14 minutes ago

» Anime you hope will be announced as soon as possible.

Dominusew - Today

17 by RaymondAnime »»
15 minutes ago

» Isekai anime are better than any other genre.

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 20

43 by KittenCuddler »»
19 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.