Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Monster Musume no Oishasan' Gets TV Anime

New
Nov 13, 2019 7:33 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Shueisha opened an official website for a television anime adaptation of Origuchi Yoshino's Monster Musume no Oishasan (Monster Girl Doctor) light novel on Thursday, revealing the staff, a teaser promo, and a teaser visual (pictured). The anime series is scheduled for a 2020 premiere.

Synopsis
In the town of Lindworm where monsters and humans coexist, Dr. Glenn runs an exemplary medical clinic for monster girls with his lamia assistant, Sapphee. Whether receiving a marriage proposal by a centaur injured in battle, palpating the injury of a mermaid, or suturing the delicate wounds of a flesh golem, Dr. Glenn performs his job with grace and confidence. But when an unsavory character seeks to steal a harpy egg, how will the unflappable Dr. Glenn respond...? (Source: Seven Seas Entertainment)

Staff
Director: Yoshiaki Iwasaki (Love Hina, Zero no Tsukaima)
Series Composition: Hideki Shirane (Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka, Boku no Kanojo ga Majimesugiru Sho-bitch na Ken)
Character Design: Hiromi Katou (Guilty Crown, ID-0)
Music: TO-MAS (Alice to Zouroku, Flip Flappers)
Studio: Arvo Animation

Origuchi began publishing the light novel through Shueisha's Dash x Bunko imprint in June 2016, featuring illustrations by Z-ton. The seventh volume will go on sale on November 22.

Tomasu Kanemaki has been drawing a manga adaptation in Comic Ryu Web magazine on a monthly basis since last February. Tokuma Shoten published the first volume on January 12.

Seven Seas Entertainment licensed the light novel in April 2017 and published the fourth volume on May 28. The fifth volume is planned for a November 26 release.

Teaser PV

Official site: https://mon-isha-anime.com/
Official Twitter: @mon_isha_anime
Novel special site: http://dash.shueisha.co.jp/feature/monmusu/

Source: LN News

News tip submitted by _MushiRock11_

Monster Musume no Oishasan on MAL
VindstotNov 14, 2019 9:53 AM

Nov 13, 2019 7:41 PM

Feb 2016
Reading this news has made my evening. I been wanting to buying the Light Novel an still plan to. But hearing that it will be animated makes me extremely happy.
Nov 13, 2019 7:57 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Seems fairly average and dull to me, might’ve to skip this.

Wasn’t a fan of Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou as well, and these look pretty similar both genre-wise and in the naming sense.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 13, 2019 8:03 PM

Feb 2013
So many people will think this is a spin-off. I certainly did when I put the eyes and read the title, only to see that it was a completely different series AND media as it's a LN.

But at the end of the day, Monster Musume is just a japanese name for monster girls so it's normal.
Nov 13, 2019 8:18 PM

Jan 2013
Finally another monster girl anime and I can already see a lamia on the cover. Nice! She looks cute too. Definitely looking forward to this.
Nov 13, 2019 9:04 PM

Nov 2008
Compared to Ishuzoku Reviewers this anime just seems a tad average in comparison but I'll try it anyway.

Nov 14, 2019 12:22 AM
Feb 2019
Lives in a village where monsters and humans coexist, only lets monster girls into the clinic.

Or is it also a world where only females can be monsters or live peacefully among humans? Nevermind that, doesn't interest me much.
Nov 14, 2019 1:02 AM

Sep 2013
See I wouldn’t really hate on these if the romance wasn’t taken hostage by the harem and ecchi tag to stay quiet.
Nov 14, 2019 3:04 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
is this a spinoff of the original? since its not the same author
Nov 14, 2019 3:55 AM

Jul 2017
I know it isn't related to the other Monster Musume in any way, just the concept, while being a different series. But oh please, give me monster girls at any time of the day by all means! I loved Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou, and if this one has the same vibe, im gonna love this, ez.
Nov 14, 2019 4:25 AM

Jun 2009
Vindstot said:
illustrations by Z-ton.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Nice artist you got there...
Nov 14, 2019 4:32 AM

Dec 2018
I thought it was a spin-off of that anime of monster girls, anyway if it is another author this is still the typical LN with harem-ecchi where an male average teen protagonist is the center of the universe and the rest of the cast are women. Seriously hey can never really stop that mania of putting the same normal protagonist, bored in both personality and design that is surrounded by a waifus zoo.
Nov 14, 2019 5:22 AM
Apr 2019
I would like an anime of monster girls without they having to add a human self-insert MC, I do not understand the point of those characters in these series, these stories should have them as main and not only be secondary.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Nov 14, 2019 9:39 AM

Feb 2013
Fede_5000 said:
I thought it was a spin-off of that anime of monster girls, anyway if it is another author this is still the typical LN with harem-ecchi where an male average teen protagonist is the center of the universe and the rest of the cast are women. Seriously hey can never really stop that mania of putting the same normal protagonist, bored in both personality and design that is surrounded by a waifus zoo.

So like any romcom harem in existence. Why even try genres that you clearly dislike lol

So the same thing of
EcchiGodMamster said:

It's a completely different series.
Nov 14, 2019 11:07 AM

Dec 2018
@Nemesis16 the problem is that this genre is the most predominant, if one wants to see interesting and fun concepts or premises, a romcom harem must be seen, the same with the previous monster musume the only difference is that here the protagonist is a doctor and has an excuse to touch to the girls.
Nov 14, 2019 12:34 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Nemesis16 said:
EcchiGodMamster said:

thought so lol

quite the way to confuse the audience though...

even the artist is the same
Nov 14, 2019 12:49 PM

Feb 2013
EcchiGodMamster said:
Nemesis16 said:

thought so lol

The artist is different. The illustrator of the LN only did a spin-off for monster musume, he didn't make it for the actual series. XD
Nov 14, 2019 3:51 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Nemesis16 said:
EcchiGodMamster said:

thought so lol

The artist is different. The illustrator of the LN only did a spin-off for monster musume, he didn't make it for the actual series. XD

Ah never mind.. that's probably what I saw then
Nov 21, 2019 1:23 AM

Feb 2010
Finally some degeneracy I can enjoy.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by dimidrum »»
1 hour ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - 6 hours ago

4 by Memore »»
3 hours ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 5 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
5 hours ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - 6 hours ago

1 by RobertBobert »»
5 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

30 by RobertBobert »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.