Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 9, 2019 8:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Holy shit, watching Akira's feelings explode is quite an experience.

However, I think it's fairlly interesting to see into her past and the relationship she has with her family. There's no doubt she has great at koto and applies her craft like art. I'm impressed actually.
Nov 9, 2019 8:26 AM

Nov 2007
Showing how that emotionless teacher came to like koto but entered dark side. She actually won the koto girl, but not feel like winning. Misunderstanding between these two ladies about that incident seems to be solved, but there's a power always pulling her back to dark side.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 9, 2019 9:16 AM

Apr 2010
Another dark past revealed.
That being said the Akira is putting a way bigger burden on herself that she has too and that is a major influence on her behaviour.
Her personality also seems to be stopping her from improving things or looking on the bright side.
I guess they need a lot of work in order to change her.
Nov 9, 2019 10:05 AM

Apr 2016
Man, the new girl has some serious mental problems (as almost everyone in this show) that, or Sauron is reaching to her and she slowly turning into a nazgul.

In regards to translation: yeah ... girl on a bring of collapse will use "BS" word ... nice "translation" funi.
Nov 9, 2019 10:12 AM
Sep 2015
As soon as the flashback appear I already know her parents will die, I even guess the cause is car accident. Bad habit from watching too many anime. But what I guess wrong is that her brother is still alive.
Nov 9, 2019 10:19 AM

Jun 2007
i mean, yeah it's terrible, but even tho there is no hope for her cursed grandma, her brother is still alive and a good person, so she really could be a little bit less dead inside... all thru the episode i thought "wow what a loser", but at the end i finally felt some pity, which is good
Swagernator said:
Man, the new girl has some serious mental problems (as almost everyone in this show) that, or Sauron is reaching to her and she slowly turning into a nazgul.

lmao...... :'D
see you, space cowperson . . .
Nov 9, 2019 10:38 AM

Mar 2012
Akira had a chance to do the right thing and let go of her petty jealousy but nope. Had to go down the bitchy road and quit as their teacher. Wonder i Takinami can talk some sense into her about being so jelly over a 15 year old.

What I don't get with the Dojima family is why was Keiishi just allowed to walk away and everybody was fine with his decision to quit school and playing the koto when he's supposedly more talented? Sounds like some double standard BS going on and the pressure cracked Akira's brain.
MetaKiteNov 9, 2019 10:43 AM
Nov 9, 2019 10:49 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Akira sure had a tough losing both her parents at that age. If the accident hadn't happened then perhaps her life might have been different. In a way it can be said that she was forced to take her brothers place despite not wanting too. Though she won against Houzuki its too bad that their victory was one that felt cheap due to winning by default. Looks like while her gran thinks that she's the one in control the reality is that Akira's the only one that she can rely on. Looks like Akira has the same problem that Houzuki had in the past that of ever mounting pressure that comes from society of her skill at Koto. Overall a strong ep that did well to greatly expand upon both Akira and Houzuki's past and how their lives intertwined with each other through Koto. Still while still trapped by her life in koto i hope that Houzuki will be able to free Akira just as she managed to free herself with the help of her friends.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 9, 2019 10:51 AM

Aug 2013
Akira focused episode. Her past was sad, her parents died when she was young. I do feel sorry for her.

Nov 9, 2019 11:53 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode, gotta say they adapted the manga here really well.

Akira. You can't help but feel sorry for her scenario. All she's ever wanted is to be acknowledged for all her work and devotion she's put into the Koto. :(

The final scene between Satowa and Akira was extremely well done, she feels happy that someone acknowledged her but at the same time she's too afraid to take the next step. Once bitten, twice shy. :(
As a manga reader, Akira's really grown on me as a character, very much like Suzuka. Both of them are instructors with an interesting contrast, but since we haven't had Suzuka's backstory yet I won't go further into it.
Nov 9, 2019 11:56 AM

May 2018
So we get to see Akira's back story, from a joyful little girl she becomes this crazy bitch, jaz because she won by a default, she should've been happy and yet she's still bitching around.

I do hope that Akria gets to know her place.
Nov 9, 2019 12:10 PM

Apr 2017
Akira's past is crushing my heart, but at least she was never a psycho woman.

Nov 9, 2019 1:31 PM

Oct 2017
Kono Oto Tomare! is SO GOOD at building up emotion, that Violet Evergarden pales in comparison.

This episode completely changes my mind of this whole character, and not only do I understand her, I also sympathize her. It feels so real and down to earth, that you can really understand her motive and struggling.

JiangHaoyi1979 said:
So we get to see Akira's back story, from a joyful little girl she becomes this crazy bitch, jaz because she won by a default, she should've been happy and yet she's still bitching around.

Lmao, 2 years of effort -> won because a prodigy toss away her own victory -> every audiences laugh at her because she only won cuz the first place let her win.

Yet you think she's just bitching around?
How could anyone have been happy? Are you this pitiful?

MetaKite said:
Akira had a chance to do the right thing and let go of her petty jealousy but nope. Had to go down the bitchy road and quit as their teacher. Wonder i Takinami can talk some sense into her about being so jelly over a 15 year old.

What I don't get with the Dojima family is why was Keiishi just allowed to walk away and everybody was fine with his decision to quit school and playing the koto when he's supposedly more talented? Sounds like some double standard BS going on and the pressure cracked Akira's brain.

I'd be surprised if some pretty words can save her so easily after years of struggling and suffering
If this is the case, I call it bad writing.

Akira would probably change after listen to their music: 天泣 though.
It'd be a climax of the story I bet.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
FancyjasperNov 10, 2019 4:02 PM
Nov 9, 2019 1:46 PM

Jul 2017
Welp it was expected they would give a tragic backstory to Akira. Have to say, I understand the feeling of no matter how hard-working it always ends up being overshadowed by talent

MetaKite said:

I'm pretty sure it was clear that they were fine with him leaving since he needed to start working to support the 2 financially since the dojo wouldn't be enough
Nov 9, 2019 1:55 PM

Mar 2012
Ventus_S said:
MetaKite said:

I'd be surprised if some pretty words can save her so easily after years of struggling and suffering

Nah, I'm not expecting Takinami to fix her personality or actually reflect on her "darkness". Just talk her into staying and not obsessing over a kid.

If I had been in her shoes (and I wouldn't), I would train Satowa then tell her I expect to challenge her in the future so I can win in what I think would be a fair win. Things wouldn't be solved but at least be going in the right direction. Akira just looks pitiful being so bitter now when she could address it and do something about it regarding a damn 15 year old kid.

Short_Circut said:

MetaKite said:

I'm pretty sure it was clear that they were fine with him leaving since he needed to start working to support the 2 financially since the dojo wouldn't be enough
I see it as the other way around. He has the koto playing talent so he should have stayed and she and granny should have gone to shack up with relatives. It doesn't make sense he stepped down when he was talent of the school. Kind wish we got more on how unsatisfied their dojo's students became and how they left. It's like Akira herself said, that school was empty when he left so maybe the whole koto thing should have folded for the Dojima family then. Akira is such a sore loser that I can't find any sympathy for her. I don't even want to get into their conniving grandma.

FancyjasperNov 10, 2019 4:03 PM
Nov 9, 2019 2:46 PM

Jul 2017
MetaKite said:
Short_Circut said:

I see it as the other way around. He has the koto playing talent so he should have stayed and she and granny should have gone to shack up with relatives. It doesn't make sense he stepped down when he was talent of the school. Kind wish we got more on how unsatisfied their dojo's students became and how they left. It's like Akira herself said, that school was empty when he left so maybe the whole koto thing should have folded for the Dojima family then. Akira is such a sore loser that I can't find any sympathy for her. I don't even want to get into their conniving grandma.

I mean, we don't really know anything concerning other relatives and such so can't really confirm nor deny if that's an option. Going by purely what was shown this ep though, didn't really seem like they had other options to go to, Grandma even said it'd be a while before he could start earning money from playing the koto (time which they did not have) so in that regard, it was kinda a have to situation
Nov 9, 2019 3:35 PM

Mar 2012
Short_Circut said:
MetaKite said:

I mean, we don't really know anything concerning other relatives and such so can't really confirm nor deny if that's an option. Going by purely what was shown this ep though, didn't really seem like they had other options to go to, Grandma even said it'd be a while before he could start earning money from playing the koto (time which they did not have) so in that regard, it was kinda a have to situation
You're right that they probably had nobody to take them in. Even so, it still seems like the Dojima's koto school was done. It doesn't seem like Akira even likes playing and they are basically mooching off what's left of the Houzuki household to save themselves even if it means literally breaking up a family.
Nov 9, 2019 4:14 PM

Jul 2016
Like... when you realize there MIGHT be people way more skilled than you out there. I mean, I feel sorry for Akira and what happened to her parents but her fixation with Satowa is almost childish at this moment. Just think how much of this could have been prevented if she and her brother had a proper sibling talk.
Nov 9, 2019 4:38 PM

Mar 2019
Akira is sadly being crushed by depression and dragged down. That grandma really needs a good smack for acting the way she does. I'm sure our lovable Koto club will be able to help her see the light eventually.
Nov 9, 2019 5:22 PM

Oct 2009
HOLY SHIT. Okay, I totally did not expect this. Not only did they build a whole complete story around some "pesky minor side character" that was barely introduced a few episodes ago (ie. so far into the story), but WHAT A STORY AT THAT! Completely genuine and organic. And here I thought I was done crying over this anime.

I mean, yeah, it's just the story of how no hard work can ever match the talent of a genius - but since it's the exact opposite that all too many anime all to often serve to their audience, well, it hits like a truck. Especially when it's woven into the story so well that it makes so many connections. Absolutely awesome.

MetaKite said:

I'm pretty sure it wasn't an easy decision to make and though we never get to see it, I doubt that "everybody was fine" with it. These things always involve quite a bit of upset for everyone involved. But to answer the question: I'm also pretty sure it's one of those Japanese "social expectations" things. As the older of the two, and even more so as the man, it's his responsibility to take care of his family, which in this case means making sure his little sister can go to school and not starve or freeze to death. Something he apparently couldn't have done just playing the koto, despite his talent - another one of those harsh reality checks we don't normally get in anime.
Nov 9, 2019 6:02 PM

Dec 2015
Man what a great but depressing episode. They did really well characterizing the internal conflict she's experiencing and has been for years. I hope that her experience with the club opens her up like she keeps trying to do. I think we all know too well the desire to find happiness but something inside, whether it be pride, shame, or just pure human stubbornness, keeps us from finding that happiness even when it's completely within reach.
Nov 9, 2019 6:03 PM

Mar 2012
yellowheartren said:
MetaKite said:

I'm pretty sure it wasn't an easy decision to make and though we never get to see it, I doubt that "everybody was fine" with it. These things always involve quite a bit of upset for everyone involved. But to answer the question: I'm also pretty sure it's one of those Japanese "social expectations" things. As the older of the two, and even more so as the man, it's his responsibility to take care of his family, which in this case means making sure his little sister can go to school and not starve or freeze to death. Something he apparently couldn't have done just playing the koto, despite his talent - another one of those harsh reality checks we don't normally get in anime.
Thanks. I didn't really think of the social expectations beyond the family's desperation to keep their involvement with koto alive.
Nov 9, 2019 6:44 PM

Jul 2017
Good performance from Touyama Nao in voicing Akira. The personality changes suits her character, it really conveys Akira's feelings.

Once we realize it, everything will fall into place
Our hearts calling to the future with all their might
We'll move forward, holding each other's shaking hands
Nov 9, 2019 7:26 PM

Nov 2011
I hate Akira and I hated the first part of this episode. I could give a damn about her past or why she is the way she is. She's sounds like a baby to me.

Second half was saved with Hozuki though realizing how well Akira preformed and confessing to her temper tantrum.

I hope this series gets more episode because I can't stand Akira and would like a more entertaining arc.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Nov 9, 2019 7:39 PM

Jul 2009
I KNEW TRUCK-KUN WAS GONNA MAKE AN ENTRANCE (i just thought the bro would've died too)
Nov 9, 2019 10:27 PM

Dec 2014
hmm well that is something... the pass of the new character explored
Nov 10, 2019 12:17 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Wow, this was some stunning episode! Didn't think we'd get nearly an entire episode on her but boy is the pay-off brilliant!

Direction was simply impeccable! From the very start, they absolutely captured the tone and the experience going through this was bloody amazing!

You just can't help but feel for Akira here. She's clearly lost a part of her amidst the pressure and self-loathing. God, the start of her performance was simply gold though.

Anyway, I can't wait to see what's in store for us next! I'm almost certain the club's resonant music will get across to her next episode, she just needs that one slight push to overcome this mental trauma I reckon.

Sweet little Hozuki x Chika moment thrown in here too, they better get somewhere by the end of this season! Brief highlight on Hozuki as well, and they were, needless to say really, great!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 10, 2019 12:39 AM

Dec 2015
This was a great episode. Soooo good in explaining Akiras character/personality. She feels bad because she is hard-working and Hozuki is talanted. Reminds her of her brother as well - when she saw Hozuki and her brother behind Chika and the other guy with her behind him ... saying the teacher must be bad guy to pair Chika with the other guy. (He must have similar feelilngs than her - she thinks.)

Winning the contest while she was still was worse (just because Hozuki got disqualified) must have felt like they wanted to mock her.

Simple and authentic psychology without explaining it too much in detail - cause everyone just knows what's happening in their heads.

Now I really wanna see how they solve this. Maybe the teacher can compose a piece where Akira can shine. Maybe the other hardworking guy from the club can change her (he doesn't seem to be bothered by being worse). There must be some reason for her to trying that hard. Wanting the attention of the brother or parents (but they are dead now). She could just do Koto for fun and feel happy with a normal amount of attention. A straightforward competition between her and Hozuki where she does her best and gets 2nd place (instead of winning) might be the best - to make up for the "mistake" in the past where she won but was only the 2nd strongest.
Nov 10, 2019 1:04 AM

Aug 2018
This anime is so good in explaining the background story of an character.
Also the pacing is great they able to connect it in the present.

The past of Dojima was sad af at first her life was perfect and in just one blink all of it gone by one tragedy.It 's like all the burden was given to her.

Hoping she find the light that shes been looking for. Also im cravin for more from this anime the story is good af.Story is well executed and more deep compare last season.

5/5 episode!

Btw dojima is so cute when shes a little xD
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Nov 10, 2019 1:33 AM

Mar 2018
Still held back by darkness..
After these episodes in the beginning fleeting with emotions of happiness
This sure got dark. Such a sad story

Honestly feels like this is wanting to tell how broken the world of professionals is. Not just with the koto.
Youths being pressured so much by adults that were broken long ago and are clouded by success. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but the adults are most likely pressuring their children because of their own frustration.
That's also one reason why I love Takinami's situation the most for now

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Nov 10, 2019 12:59 PM

Oct 2008
Dark aura engulfs Akira! is that what happens when a Champion from hard work suddenly encounters a rebellious genuis koto girl who played recklessly to get her mom back but in process that she was disqualified but her talent clearly surpasses any champ hard worker? lolz
4/5.

Nov 10, 2019 3:21 PM

Jul 2007
I feel like this anime is getting better as it goes, but I can't help but notice the decline in art quality for this episode. Kind of off-putting when this is a more major episode, where we are learning about Akira, her real personality and motives. Was afraid I'd get bored of this series after the first 3 episodes but this one made me hopeful.
Nov 10, 2019 3:35 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
This was where I changed my view of Akira as well. Although it seems a few still don't understand Akira, but well, that's to be expected. Not everyone can or will empathize or relate to every other person/character.

Since I wrote it better when I first read this part of the story, I'm just going to copy and past some parts:

Talent versus hard work and dedication is always something that comes up, and it's really relatable to most of us. Her inferiority complex stems from the fact that the person she admired almost her whole life is also the person she kept comparing herself to. It also really sucks that she had to deal with that grandmother, which in that way, she and Satowa are similar, brought up in a environment where people expect things of you, and to carry on tradition.

I like the way we see Akira's turmoil. She's had too much negative emotions that she's being pulled back, despite wanting to help Satowa. For a moment, she understood that Satowa was just a child, and understood why Satowa did what she did in the competition back then. Yet Akira still couldn't let go of all the resentment, all the pain that Satowa indirectly caused her. Again, it's hard to accept someone else's talent when you've had to put so much time and effort to achieve even just a little recognition (although Satowa's talent could only blossom if she worked hard).

I think it was exacerbated by how people were saying that Satowa would've won had she not been disqualified, and how although Akira won, they didn't truly acknowledge it, since they could not remember her performance. Satowa's "selfishness" resulted in Akira's pain, but both characters' feelings were understandable.

I really can't bring myself to dislike Akira anymore, her tendency to have a negative outlook on things really reminds me of myself. She understands Satowa more now, but she's unable to forgive Satowa and move past her inferiority complex. I'm surprised she stepped down so fast. She was the one who forcefully stepped into their koto club. Despite her negative attitude towards the club members, they still learned a lot from her.
Nov 10, 2019 6:15 PM

Oct 2012
The visuals and feels of this show... the darkness and the light contrast - this slowly becoming on par with the greatness of the second season of Sagatsu no Lion.

Very good backstory. Can really hate the girl when all I see is how she struggles to like what she's doing. Touyama Nao really takes her character to stellar levels. Wonder who will it be that finally breaks her out of her shell. My bet is on Kudou, his candid sincerity in the right moment can do miracles.

I only wonder how far they are from each other age-wise. But Akira still seems to attend their school (else she wouldn't be changing her shoes like that] so probably the third year there, their senpai? Two years difference would make a lot of sense since she would have been still at high school when the competition happened (and Satowa at middle school). Can someone who read he manga confirm her age? Her brother is probably also 2-3 years apart from her it seems as she went working right out of the school back then.
Nov 11, 2019 1:00 AM

May 2018
Akira's past huh, definitely a good episode to watch, finally I can understand her after watching her past. Excited to see how she will change and be friends with everyone.

Nov 11, 2019 5:38 AM

Sep 2011
Tragedy really hit Akira, and her brother hard. I'm relieved that her resentment towards Houzuki isn't as unreasonable as I expected it to be. I mean, it still is since Houzuki never meant to hurt her, but this is life I guess. I felt so bad for Akira's brother. He had a future, but he had to give up on his dream to provide for him, and his sister. And their grandmother, who clearly wasn't a good person even then, used his sacrifice/choice as a way to pressure Akira, making everything worse. The koto she loved so much didn't exist anymore, it was just a burden.

It's really sad, she gave her all to that performance, and Houzuki was sincere when she complimented her for it, and she was also honest about her motivations for playing that piece the way she did back then. But Akira's darkness is too deep. It seemed like she would take a step towards Houzuki and her light, but she couldn't. This darkness with no exit ended up becoming a "comforting" zone from which she is afraid to get out from. Here's hoping Akira can walk towards light after all, and maybe even become a bridge between Houzuki, and her mother. I especially liked the bit in which she was teaching Kurusu this time. It made pretty clear that she really is teaching them as well as she can.
Nov 11, 2019 6:55 AM

Oct 2017
Mich666 said:
The visuals and feels of this show... the darkness and the light contrast - this slowly becoming on par with the greatness of the second season of Sagatsu no Lion.

Very good backstory. Can really hate the girl when all I see is how she struggles to like what she's doing. Touyama Nao really takes her character to stellar levels. Wonder who will it be that finally breaks her out of her shell. My bet is on Kudou, his candid sincerity in the right moment can do miracles.

I only wonder how far they are from each other age-wise. But Akira still seems to attend their school (else she wouldn't be changing her shoes like that] so probably the third year there, their senpai? Two years difference would make a lot of sense since she would have been still at high school when the competition happened (and Satowa at middle school). Can someone who read he manga confirm her age? Her brother is probably also 2-3 years apart from her it seems as she went working right out of the school back then.

Manga did mention her age.
She's 20 years old right now.
She probably didn't go to college either, really spent her full 2 years dedicated to koto, trying to become as good as her brother. But the difference between the ordinary and the talented is so great that these 2 years of full dedication still does make her come remotely close to her brother and female mc's standard.

However one thing she's good at is teaching since unlike the talented, she is an ordinary who learn from real dedication and long years of hard work, so she knows how to teach the ordinary. The talented have a hard time teaching the ordinary because the way they learn is so natural and fast, that they cannot understand why the normies struggle.

Also as sneak peak, Akira probably become my favorite female cast in the serie a few more chapters later, which me myself was surprised too that how this could be possible.
Ventus_SNov 11, 2019 7:13 AM
Nov 11, 2019 8:02 AM

Mar 2017
This episode was so heavy. I don't really like Akira but i understand that horrible feeling like being dragged down into darkness and how it makes you into a person you don't like. It's also so sad that her brother's kindness (sacrificing his own career for her) became a shackle to her instead of her inspiration.
Nov 11, 2019 8:51 AM
Sep 2015
After watching this episode I can't really hate her.. I mean it's not just a unreasonable jealousy... it's really painful to watch.
Nov 11, 2019 9:09 AM
Mar 2015
The two of them have really suffered No matter what they do
Nov 11, 2019 10:09 AM

May 2018
Ventus_S said:
Kono Oto Tomare! is SO GOOD at building up emotion, that Violet Evergarden pales in comparison.

This episode completely changes my mind of this whole character, and not only do I understand her, I also sympathize her. It feels so real and down to earth, that you can really understand her motive and struggling.

JiangHaoyi1979 said:

Lmao, 2 years of effort -> won because a prodigy toss away her own victory -> every audiences laugh at her because she only won cuz the first place let her win.

Yet you think she's just bitching around?
How could anyone have been happy? Are you this pitiful?

MetaKite said:

Pitiful?????? I don't know about you but a victory is a victory, if there is anybody who is pitiful that would have been the girl who threw her chances of getting another win................How would I would I feel? If I'm Japanese maybe, but since I'm not I can always wave that plaque in their faces and tell them "Well, I got the plaque and you don't so "SHUT UP!?" Besides man it ain't always that one wins due to a default.
JiangHaoyi1979Nov 11, 2019 10:19 AM
Nov 12, 2019 9:54 AM
Sep 2016
MetaKite said:

I think it's because someone had to work in order to sustain both Akira's and keishi's life since obviously just being able to play koto won't put food on the table
And akira being older than akira and her big brother means that it is his responsibility to work,and not the 15 years old high schooler
Nov 14, 2019 2:32 AM
May 2016
MetaKite said:

Keiishi had to work inorder to feed his sister and grandma what do u suppose he had done, his grandma says to Akira that even if he had tried to find a living playing koto it will be long time before he gets decent income hence he had to quit koto and all the burden of koto fell on to the shoulders of akira
Nov 14, 2019 8:01 AM

Jul 2017
Literally an episode on Akira Dojima, the daughter of the accursed family. And believe me, WHAT AN EPISODE.

When growing up, the once aspiring sister wants to be like the brother who is good at the Koto, to be placed first place in true grit and determination.

To see Truck-kun claiming the líves of the parents, the tragedy is NOT over, as the once playful and resilient brother gave up to support the family, and all that weight on his shoulders is passed onto her.

Being forced to play the Koto to upkeep the standard of schools is the norm, but being rivals does more harm than good. YES, Akira's performance was jawdropping and splendid, but Hozuki's entrance SHUDDERS HER EVERY PLAY even though she played another song. Out from the darkness she comes, and back into the darkness where she came from.

That's how last episode, even though Hozuki knew how bad it is for Akira to shoulder all those burdens of the excommunicated school, all it took was a single note to show her the light. But deep down, she still bears a grudge for being second fiddle against Hozuki, and not being able to uphold her brother's standard. Both wanted what the other had, but as long as all that exists, the darkness will only surround her more.

Sincerely, please give this frail girl ONE MORE CHANCE to show her the light. A confrontational episode if I may add.
Nov 19, 2019 1:06 PM

Apr 2016
This episode was very boring to be honest. I don't feel anything for the new character. This second season is bad compared to the first one.
Nov 28, 2019 12:00 PM

May 2016
Another favorite episode of mine from this series.
Akira <3

KANLen09 said:

Sincerely, please give this frail girl ONE MORE CHANCE to show her the light. A confrontational episode if I may add.
Yes please poor girl she deserves much more love.
Dec 11, 2019 10:11 AM

Oct 2012
God, that was such an emotional episode. I couldn't stop crying. I really like Akira's character, jesus. PLEASE JUST BE HAPPY? I hate seeing you suffering T_T
Dec 27, 2019 8:06 AM

Nov 2016
Poor Akira, but please girl, get a grip.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 4, 2020 10:55 PM

Aug 2017
I find Akira's situation quite justifiable except for the reason why his brother quit playing the koto. They could find a better reason but quit lol.

Anyway 4/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 7, 2020 1:55 AM

Jul 2015
Looks like the darkness keeps a hold on Akira even after Satowa tried to get a mutual understanding

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2019

117 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 19, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2019

142 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 19, 5:31 PM

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2019

49 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 19, 4:34 PM

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2019

49 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 18, 4:13 PM

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2019

43 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 16, 5:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.