Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 8, 2019 8:35 PM
Nov 2019
Sharry_Divinity said:
Am i the only one who thought Toma calling maki partner over and over again combined with that hug was Total BL stuff..How can people not see that?.this anime is kinda scaring me with over Chummy behaviour... Hope its not hidden BL...

This show is a SoL drama, not a "hidden BL". Even if there will be a gay romance, it's still much more focused on other things.
Nov 8, 2019 9:30 PM

Nov 2009
HereticHunter said:
alicerubesty said:

imagine being so homophobic that you're paranoid that a show could possibly have a gay romance at the forefront

While there is nothing wrong about an anime having BL stuff, is not wrong either to not like these things (Specially if they end up forced or add nothing to the plot). There are things people don't want to see on things they watch and like, that doesn't mean they are "homophobic" about it.

lul yes, they pretty much are. What do you think homophobia is?

(Specially if they end up forced or add nothing to the plot)

You know that these buzzwords don't mean anything right?
Nov 8, 2019 9:35 PM

Mar 2019
The Feels, the Laughs, the Dresses, the Fights, the Prays, the Falls and the Dances!!!!

Need a Mitsue Spin-off.
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Nov 8, 2019 9:37 PM

Jun 2014
This is truly the best new anime story-wise this season. However, with only 12 episodes, Im starting to get the feeling that a LOT of the character backstories are going to be left dangling incomplete. I do really enjoy that they are giving screen time and development for each character rather than having half a dozen flappy paper characters. But 12 episodes is definitely not going to be enough time to flesh out and resolve all these character conflicts to a satisfactory extent.
Nov 8, 2019 9:50 PM

Nov 2017
It's a nice original work. Love the ending theme.but I'm not sure how far the story will go, it's only 12 episodes

Nov 8, 2019 10:05 PM

Oct 2017
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:
This is truly the best new anime story-wise this season. However, with only 12 episodes, Im starting to get the feeling that a LOT of the character backstories are going to be left dangling incomplete. I do really enjoy that they are giving screen time and development for each character rather than having half a dozen flappy paper characters. But 12 episodes is definitely not going to be enough time to flesh out and resolve all these character conflicts to a satisfactory extent.

Well unlike most sport anime, I think the focus on this show will not be on "going to the national" like most Jump type of sport anime.

I feel like after this practice match, we'd probably only get a few more matches regarding to fighting toward the national, and they'd probably lose at some point instead of going for the top like most Jump-ish sport anime.

My point is there'd be slightly more screen time to flash out characters because the focus of this anime is probably not going to be on the competition.
Nov 8, 2019 11:57 PM
Dec 2016
Is the show gonna be able to tie up everything it has established in 12 episodes? I feel like it might end up being rushed.
Nov 9, 2019 1:35 AM
Nov 2019
HereticHunter said:

Now, are you telling me that threatening the abuser is better? Ok. Also, no, I don't remember all of the plot because this anime loves to cut from a scene to another quicker than a calculator, ruining the pace and overall directing that makes it hard to follow. Like you said, there are things to consider, but you should also consider the consequences of not acting before things get way worse... or making things way worse by making hasty decisions. I actually thought Maki's dad was going to punch the fuck out of Toma all thanks to Toma threatening him, which could have ended up pretty badly. And I know it will get worse.

I guess what @Ventus_S wants to express is that there is the posibility that this thing might happen. This kind of things is not uncommon, ridiculous or over-dramatic. They hide in the dark corners of society and human mind without being made known to the public. I hope more and more individuals perceive the scene as well as other similar scenes as a possibility instead of confusing rational action with action that is possible to happen or using personal perception to judge what is impossible or ridiculous, unless a scene is actually ridiculous. For example, touma stabs the man with a knife as soon as he opens door.

When I was young, I actually said 'I'll kill you' to the abusive parent while we fought several times. Among these incidents, I thought of I was really going to kill 'YOU' at least twice, though these thought only last a few seconds. Is threatening the abuser better? No. But if emotion takes control of body, it's meaningless to talk which way is better or logical, I just DON'T CARE. consequnces? hasty decisions? Fxxk it. Especially I'm short-tempered at home. The thought of calling cops never occurs in my head as far as I can remember. Schools don't teach kids what they should do when they are abused, maybe I subconsciously considered cops were useless(they are actually useless), maybe I subconsciously was afraid of the uncertainty of calling cops, maybe I got accustomed to this kind of life. Involving so many factors, calling cops isn't an easy thing to do.

I think the 'don't remember' excuse is out of place. After I binged on Chihayafuru series, I forgot some of plot and details until I rewatched it. As for this anime, in my opinion, its pace is fine and more infos in an episode compared to easy-to-comsume animes.

HereticHunter said:

There's a lot cases like this on my country that ends in tragedy. And who knows how many other situations hasn't been spoken yet. So I'm not as ignorant as you think, this anime is just way too questionable, and it's poor pacing and overall directing doesn't help either, specially with almost every member of the club having a tragic backstory,

I don't understand why some people make such a fuss about 'every member has a tragic backstory'. Even if this anime gives a realistic vibe, it doesn't necessary to be realistic. Besides, we have seen the family of two members are ordinary.
stereotype756Nov 9, 2019 1:46 AM
Nov 9, 2019 4:13 AM

Mar 2019
The students council president with her dumb family fighting felt so out of place this episode. Like.. Did we really need it? Otherwise good episode all around.
Nov 9, 2019 4:29 AM
Oct 2015
Sharry_Divinity said:
Am i the only one who thought Toma calling maki partner over and over again combined with that hug was Total BL stuff..How can people not see that?.this anime is kinda scaring me with over Chummy behaviour... Hope its not hidden BL...

Sports anime with BL is a trend these days ... so ... stay prepared. They left several clues in this episode.
Nov 9, 2019 4:39 AM
Oct 2015
Bernrika said:
HereticHunter said:

While there is nothing wrong about an anime having BL stuff, is not wrong either to not like these things (Specially if they end up forced or add nothing to the plot). There are things people don't want to see on things they watch and like, that doesn't mean they are "homophobic" about it.

just castrate all the heterosexual males in the world because we're so dangerous and homophobic of course.
Nov 9, 2019 4:57 AM

Sep 2017
mecapod said:
Sports anime with BL is a trend these days ... so ... stay prepared. They left several clues in this episode.

I didn't realize that Yuri!!! on Ice was "all sports anime" but if it makes straight men scared, then I'll welcome it!
Nov 9, 2019 5:03 AM

Nov 2009
mecapod said:
Bernrika said:

just castrate all the heterosexual males in the world because we're so dangerous and homophobic of course.

Man, you are so fragile.
Nov 9, 2019 5:10 AM

Feb 2016
Bernrika said:
HereticHunter said:

Homophobia itself is also a buzzword wrongly used by the LGBT lobby against people who simply doesn't like gay stuff, they could even call a gay homophobic for going against them. Homophobia falls in the same category as Xenophobia, where people hate and discriminate others for being different than them, and I don't see OP hating or discriminating either.

I was just making an example where adding this kind of stuff in any medium isn't really necessarily and does not add anything, not the case on this anime tho.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Nov 9, 2019 5:21 AM

Feb 2016
stereotype756 said:
HereticHunter said:

Now, are you telling me that threatening the abuser is better? Ok. Also, no, I don't remember all of the plot because this anime loves to cut from a scene to another quicker than a calculator, ruining the pace and overall directing that makes it hard to follow. Like you said, there are things to consider, but you should also consider the consequences of not acting before things get way worse... or making things way worse by making hasty decisions. I actually thought Maki's dad was going to punch the fuck out of Toma all thanks to Toma threatening him, which could have ended up pretty badly. And I know it will get worse.

I guess what @Ventus_S wants to express is that there is the posibility that this thing might happen. This kind of things is not uncommon, ridiculous or over-dramatic. They hide in the dark corners of society and human mind without being made known to the public. I hope more and more individuals perceive the scene as well as other similar scenes as a possibility instead of confusing rational action with action that is possible to happen or using personal perception to judge what is impossible or ridiculous, unless a scene is actually ridiculous. For example, touma stabs the man with a knife as soon as he opens door.

When I was young, I actually said 'I'll kill you' to the abusive parent while we fought several times. Among these incidents, I thought of I was really going to kill 'YOU' at least twice, though these thought only last a few seconds. Is threatening the abuser better? No. But if emotion takes control of body, it's meaningless to talk which way is better or logical, I just DON'T CARE. consequnces? hasty decisions? Fxxk it. Especially I'm short-tempered at home. The thought of calling cops never occurs in my head as far as I can remember. Schools don't teach kids what they should do when they are abused, maybe I subconsciously considered cops were useless(they are actually useless), maybe I subconsciously was afraid of the uncertainty of calling cops, maybe I got accustomed to this kind of life. Involving so many factors, calling cops isn't an easy thing to do.

I think the 'don't remember' excuse is out of place. After I binged on Chihayafuru series, I forgot some of plot and details until I rewatched it. As for this anime, in my opinion, its pace is fine and more infos in an episode compared to easy-to-comsume animes.

Sure man, I understand that, I even empathize with Maki's situation, but the way things were handled was kinda weird, even as a possibility (This isn't the first case of child abuse see in anime, and this was handled rather weirdly). Imagine shouting your name to an abuser, completely genius. I know they are just kids, but I thought they had a better plan than to just slam money on his face. But oh well, considering how explosive Toma is, I could already foresee things were going to be worsened somehow. At least as a friend, Toma is going to help Maki emotionally.

HereticHunter said:

There's a lot cases like this on my country that ends in tragedy. And who knows how many other situations hasn't been spoken yet. So I'm not as ignorant as you think, this anime is just way too questionable, and it's poor pacing and overall directing doesn't help either, specially with almost every member of the club having a tragic backstory,

I don't understand why some people make such a fuss about 'every member has a tragic backstory'. Even if this anime gives a realistic vibe, it doesn't necessary to be realistic. Besides, we have seen the family of two members are ordinary.

I mean, I'm not against them having sad backstories or anything, but the way anime portrays it is out of place and makes them feel really random, like this girl that nobody gave a shit about suddenly gets a backstory out of nowhere. The problem is how this anime tends to cut scenes to another which makes things hard to follow. Adding random backstories at random times is not good for an anime.
~Blackwall
Nov 9, 2019 6:00 AM

Dec 2011
That beginning of the episode was so heavy and it was nice that Maki told Toma about his dad which is a total shit.
We get to see President backstory and am i the only one who think she is cute. Can't wait for the next episode to see how are they gonna play for their first game.
Nov 9, 2019 6:06 AM

Nov 2009
HereticHunter said:

different than them, and I don't see OP hating or discriminating either.

If you don't see how crying and moaning at the whole thought of homosexual content in the show your watching isn't discriminatory I don't know what to tell you. Gay people don't need to put a warning to offend people like you and neither they should exist in separate spaces.

I was just making an example where adding this kind of stuff in any medium isn't really necessarily and does not add anything, not the case on this anime tho.

Ah yes the good old "homosexual content need a reason to exist". Zzzz. No, it doesn't. It can just exist. Can't you people ever think a good argument on your own instead of repeating the same 2-3 stuff over and over.
Nov 9, 2019 6:25 AM

Feb 2013
TFW Maki hugs his tennis racket 😍. This Episode had me tearing up multiple times. Touching at times and heart breaking at others. This anime can be a bit tough to watch for me but at the same time it is amazing. 10/10
Nov 9, 2019 6:33 AM
Oct 2015
Bernrika said:
mecapod said:

Man, you are so fragile.

And soft like a flower. Did I pass? <3
Nov 9, 2019 6:50 AM

Oct 2017
Yep just when I thought I had seen enough Jack ass in this series, another complete jack ass trash appears. Looking forward to the game, I was gonna be okay even if they lost but after what happened I sure hope Maki and Toma manage to beat that shit.
Nov 9, 2019 7:01 AM
Oct 2015
alicerubesty said:
mecapod said:

I didn't realize that Yuri!!! on Ice was "all sports anime" but if it makes straight men scared, then I'll welcome it!

Figure skating is really cool but I can't say the same about yuri on ice hahaha
Nov 9, 2019 7:50 AM

Feb 2016
Bernrika said:
HereticHunter said:

different than them, and I don't see OP hating or discriminating either.

If you don't see how crying and moaning at the whole thought of homosexual content in the show your watching isn't discriminatory I don't know what to tell you. Gay people don't need to put a warning to offend people like you and neither they should exist in separate spaces.

Ah yes the good old "homosexual content need a reason to exist". Zzzz. No, it doesn't. It can just exist. Can't you people ever think a good argument on your own instead of repeating the same 2-3 stuff over and over.

lmao, chill. You are misunderstanding me. I love yuri content, but there are times where it's addition is weird. It's the same thing that happens with Ecchi and any other kind of fanservice. There is nothing wrong with anime having this kind of stuff, the problem is when it becomes invasive to the point or either, weakening the plot or being excessively distracting due to it being overused. People can dislike whether an anime has this kind of content or not

If I'm still using "buzzwords that doesn't mean anything" then suit yourself, it's not my problem, it's yours.

CrimsonWandererNov 9, 2019 7:59 AM
~Blackwall
Nov 9, 2019 7:53 AM
Mar 2019
I woulda deked maki’s dad right then an there.
Nov 9, 2019 7:54 AM
Mar 2019
And people saying stuff about bl all I see is bro shit.
Nov 9, 2019 7:54 AM
Mar 2019
And people saying stuff about bl all I see is bro shit.
Nov 9, 2019 9:10 AM

Feb 2013
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:

How do you know there won't be multiple seasons?
Nov 9, 2019 9:53 AM

Sep 2011
I'm sure it wasn't easy, but Maki gave the first step in dealing with his trauma, and with this problem by opening up to Touma. It was hard to watch, to see how his mother and him live in fear, being drained physically and emotionally by that abuser. But Touma made Maki feel as comfortable as possible, and stood up for him. Even Maki, who still isn't ready to stand up for himself, stood up for someone he cared about. The burden becomes lighter if you share it with someone else, and I'm glad he was able to talk about it with his best friend.

I also love how the rest of the team totally accepts, and appreciates Yuuta too. They stood up for him after he got uncomfortable with the shirtless guy, and it's good to know that someone besides Touma and Maki are now looking out for him. Mitsue sure isn't honest with herself, but she was also kind of endearing with that tsundere attitude. Showing up for the practice match after pretty much saying she had better stufff to do. lol And of course there had to be a jerk, I hope he is crushed in the match.

Oh, and Rintarou's also shared his family's circumstances with Touma in this episode. His anxieties and worries may feel "silly", especially when compared to what Maki is going through, or even compared to Touma, who most certainly isn't loved by his mother. But they are real to him, and I'm sure it hurts. He feels that he doesn't deserve what he has, and he feels that what he does it's not enough, no matter how much he tries. Here's hoping that being part of the team is also going to help him with this.
Nov 9, 2019 10:24 AM
Jul 2018
Man, sport shows rules this season (This and Chihayafuru). I definitely need to check this directors other work sometime.
Nov 9, 2019 10:26 AM
Jul 2018
Swizze said:
The students council president with her dumb family fighting felt so out of place this episode. Like.. Did we really need it? Otherwise good episode all around.

Yeah it did seem out of place, but I liked the extra information we got about her upbringing.
Nov 9, 2019 10:27 AM

Apr 2016
HereticHunter said:
I mean, I'm not against them having sad backstories or anything, but the way anime portrays it is out of place and makes them feel really random, like this girl that nobody gave a shit about suddenly gets a backstory out of nowhere. The problem is how this anime tends to cut scenes to another which makes things hard to follow. Adding random backstories at random times is not good for an anime.

I think, this randomness is well done. The narrative is not linear, but all makes sense or will make sense later.

That's how surprisingly good this anime is. As far as I'm concerned, this has the flair of a SOCIAL DOCUMENTARY. Many different familial issues are tackled really seriously here. It almost looks like the soft tennis thing was an excuse for a project that in the end will just talk about "DIFFERENCE", different family background, different sexuality, bullying, violence at school, violence at home, ...

As for the council's president, she was uttering some utter crap about "under achiever" few episodes ago, and this episode just clearly explained where this crap is coming from and I can tell you, there are a lot of (rich) people who seriously think and say exactly the same crap (it's the typical attempt at justifying their status and wealth).
Nov 9, 2019 10:56 AM

Jul 2013
HereticHunter said:
Ventus_S said:

Cuz family issue is sooo easily to resolve. Typical ignorant is bliss folk who has a nice family with no issue.

Ykonw I have an older brother who used to use knife to threaten me and my mom and MAYBE we could have called the police, but would that help our situation? Wouldn't my brother take further extreme action after he got a warning from police or something?
Did my mom want to doom his own child by giving him a record?
There're so many things to consider when it comes to family issue because you can't cut ties and there's no easy way out either.

If calling police already solved the problem why did Maki's mom keep leaving money for the dad? The police must have know what's going on already and the mother is already registering the protection order but it still didn't come down yet , did you even remember any of the plot?

Also using western law/ social norm to judge eastern law/ norm, typical Americans. Especially coming from a country who still don't restrain people with gun possession and has higher criminal rate.

And yeah they're teenagers ofc they may not always come to the right conclusion of how to solve the problem. Just like countless victims who suffer from domestic abuse / sextual assualt and didn't speak up because they're ALL stupid right? Jesus.

Woah there, let's get cool headed here before going any further. First of all, I did not say that victims that doesn't speak up are stupid, because I understand is not easy to speak up about these things, I actually said it was good for Maki to tell his situation to Toma, so cool your head.

There's a lot cases like this on my country that ends in tragedy. And who knows how many other situations hasn't been spoken yet. So I'm not as ignorant as you think, this anime is just way too questionable, and it's poor pacing and overall directing doesn't help either, specially with almost every member of the club having a tragic backstory, Boo fucking hoo.

Why were you expecting them to act rational in front of the abuser though? We already know Maki freezes up in front of his father and Toma looks like he has some anger issues. You need to watch the show properly in its context instead of watching it as a spectator and thinking "they should do this they should do that" because that's not how it works.

Literally only Maki and Itsuki has tragic backstories so far. Kaori's backstory isn't tragic. It's just your typical mother/grandmother cat fight. Rintaro's backstory isn't tragic. It's just his own anxieties acting up. We're even shown one of the members playing with his sister in their house happily and Toma is up for grabs so we'll see how his story goes in the future.
Nov 9, 2019 11:06 AM

Jul 2013
Man if Hoshiai no Sora continues delivering great episodes like this, it might just go straight to my favorites list. Truly the dark horse of the season.

They handled Maki so well. You can see he was very hesitant to share his story first from denying the racket issue and then after being pressed by Toma, he still took a long time to finally open up after 5 episodes of acting tough. Really glad he told Toma everything as in everything. Him standing up for Maki and Maki standing up for Toma was a great moment. It looks like we know now in this episode why Toma's mother seems scared of him. Toma looks serious when threatened Maki's father. The way he said he'll only get a light punishment for murder because he's a minor was scary man. I'm so happy Maki got a confidant in Toma. Their friendship blossoming is beautiful and Maki breaking down on Toma was truly a sight to see.

Rintaro sharing his anxieties to Toma about how useless he feels about being the vice president after Maki joined the club was great. I especially like how Toma was looking out for Maki when Rintaro was talking about his parents.

The club standing up for the manager was sweet. He's really appreciated there.

Kaori backstory. Maybe she'll play a bigger role in the story than I initially expected.

Mitsue is there again.

Tennis match in the next episode.

The only thing I dread is that there's only 12 episodes and everything is going so well so far but I'm afraid things might get rushed towards the end.
Nov 9, 2019 11:34 AM

Feb 2016
Tohsaka_Rukia said:

Why were you expecting them to act rational in front of the abuser though?

Quote me where I said that they should act rational or where did I said I expect them to act rational. Because I don't remember saying so. I'm just saying they way they tried to handle it backfires, and I found it stupid.

~Blackwall
Nov 9, 2019 11:36 AM

Feb 2016
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:
HereticHunter said:

I think, this randomness is well done.

That's right, you THINK it's well done. I don't think the same way. End of the story.
~Blackwall
Nov 9, 2019 11:41 AM

Jul 2013
HereticHunter said:
Tohsaka_Rukia said:

Why were you expecting them to act rational in front of the abuser though?

Quote me where I said that they should act rational or where did I said I expect them to act rational. Because I don't remember saying so. I'm just saying they way they tried to handle it backfires, and I found it stupid.

The way you're saying the characters shouldn't do this because blah blah blah is already you expecting them to act rationally. Like I said. Context. Maki is scared while Toma has anger issues. The way they handled the situation was an expected result from both of their reactions.
Nov 9, 2019 1:04 PM
Oct 2015
HereticHunter said:
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:

I think, this randomness is well done.

That's right, you THINK it's well done. I don't think the same way. End of the story.

I don't think it's right for people to disagree with each other and have different opinions. I believe this only leads to war and conflict.
Nov 9, 2019 1:56 PM

Feb 2016
mecapod said:
HereticHunter said:

I don't think it's right for people to disagree with each other and have different opinions. I believe this only leads to war and conflict.

what do you suggest then? endless talking about how he thinks
mecapod said:
HereticHunter said:

What do you suggest then? keep talking with people who rates this 10/10 isn't going to get me anywhere. I already had this happening to me on Kimetsu no Yaiba's forum where people will shit on you for not liking their favorite anime as much as they do.
~Blackwall
Nov 9, 2019 2:33 PM

Feb 2016
Tohsaka_Rukia said:
HereticHunter said:

The way you're saying the characters shouldn't do this because blah blah blah is already you expecting them to act rationally. Like I said. Context. Maki is scared while Toma has anger issues. The way they handled the situation was an expected result from both of their reactions.

Yes, of course, It is expected from both their reactions, I understand Maki's fear and Toma's explosive behavior as I told someone else that his reaction was to be expected. But I still found it pretty dumb, specially the part where Toma shouts his name.

But oh well, it already happened and we'll see what consequences it'll have in the future. This show has a lot more issues than just this, let's see how this anime deals with it.
~Blackwall
Nov 9, 2019 4:18 PM

Apr 2009
Toma saying that he would kill the father...now I'm worried that is a possibility in this series. There's already been some hints on his behavior - specifically how his own mother is afraid to be alone with him. I hope that won't happen though...I'm really hoping and wishing the best for all the tennis members.
Nov 9, 2019 4:45 PM
Oct 2019
Chazea said:
Ep5 was by far the worst episode it kept on going to mood swings from happy to dramatic to happy to serious in a matter of minutes. Not every character needs to have some super sad backstory, but the ending is what really made me piss some generic looking mean guy talks big, being cocky but in the next episode there gonna win. We have no reason to believe that he's good let alone actually poses a challenge. Also why don't get just call the cops and what happened to the restraining order?
Adding sad backstorys is not character development

Have you read the genre of this anime? DRAMA is the first one right? Characters takes time to develop, the anime is just giving us more information on the characters backstory so we can get attached to them. If you just want the practice/playing scenes then skip out the drama scenes then.
Nov 9, 2019 5:11 PM

Mar 2015
We are only 5 episodes in and people are already afraid of turning gay.
lmao, the fragility.
Nov 9, 2019 5:38 PM

Nov 2010
It's a pity Toma tends to rely on money easily when things are not convenient for him. Anyway things have begun to roll.

And here comes the domestic problem hour: the students representative and the sub-leader of the tennis club. Now gimmicks are all around.

The geek girl is stalking Maki as usual. As one of twisted mind persons, she might be expecting any solution from him.
kuroneko99Nov 10, 2019 4:16 PM
Nov 9, 2019 5:41 PM

Jun 2014
Ventus_S said:
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:

Well unlike most sport anime, I think the focus on this show will not be on "going to the national" like most Jump type of sport anime.

I feel like after this practice match, we'd probably only get a few more matches regarding to fighting toward the national, and they'd probably lose at some point instead of going for the top like most Jump-ish sport anime.

My point is there'd be slightly more screen time to flash out characters because the focus of this anime is probably not going to be on the competition.

That's exactly what makes this series great. It's a "sports" anime without actually being a sports anime; its a character drama, not an action show.

Also, they have no desire to "go to nationals." The team's main goal so far is to win one official match to prevent being disbanded, which is going to be difficult for them.

But anyway, yes, I do get that there will be a lot of screen time dedicated to character building; but I think there are too many characters to do that for in just 12 episodes >> that's why I wish this were going to be 24-26 episodes.

Pyoung said:
How do you know there won't be multiple seasons?
One can hope. But it doesn't happen often for original stories.
Nov 9, 2019 5:45 PM
Oct 2017
I just hope something happens to the trashy father. Either accident, jail, or dead but he needs to be gone.
Nov 9, 2019 7:39 PM

Oct 2017
LyraAnime said:
I just hope something happens to the trashy father. Either accident, jail, or dead but he needs to be gone.

Someone has guessed it, and I agree.
Probably seriously injured by Toma but survived so the sentence of Toma won't be that severe.
Nov 9, 2019 8:25 PM

Jun 2013
I love Toma even more because he stood up for Maki. Threw cash in front of Maki's trash of a father, threatened to kill him and justified it.

I have a feeling either Maki, Toma or both of them will eventually kill his father intentionally or accidentally. I also have a feeling perhaps the entire tennis club will know or try to cover it up.

Kaori has a pretty interesting family, she's my favorite female character simply because she's chunky but attractive. I rarely see chubby but pretty female characters in anime. Her grandma and mom arguing all the time isn't that uncommon. My cousin's mother-in-law tried to feed her shellfish even though she's severely allergic. Some people are downright petty and would do anything to get the upperhand.

Poor Rintato though, he has a severe inferiority complex. Mitsue is simply annoying, she thinks she's better than everyone and loves to look down on people around her when she has very few redeeming qualities.
臭い-
Nov 9, 2019 11:49 PM

Jan 2016
Woww Touma really spit his full name to the douchebag?!?! Yo be careful Touma, your life might dragged on risky situation soon.
Life is strange

Nov 9, 2019 11:55 PM

May 2018
Toma and Katsuragi were like puppy barking at a dog, really. Toma is a real hero at this episode, helping both Katsuragi and the vice president by himself. Mostly I am excited to see the practice match.

Nov 9, 2019 11:58 PM

Mar 2008
There's so much to say about this episode. The way everyone stood up to the track guy for the sake of the manager. All that Toma did for Maki. Obviously it wasn't the best idea necessarily, but they're in middle school. Really got bad vibes when he told Maki's dad his name though. I don't particularly like any of the characters in this series yet, but the overall feel of the series is amazing. I live for plots like this with different backgrounds for all the characters.
Nov 10, 2019 12:51 AM
May 2019
Hatsuyuki said:
Eh whenever a dramatic show pops up there's always bound to be these types of people that complain about drama and call it forced, which honestly it's a term i've only seen being used by anime fans. The same happened with Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso. It's a drama, if it's not for you, then you can simply stop watching.

? I have no problem with drama in most anime, especially if the genre is Slice of Life. Drama is to be expected and is welcome. I also don't have a problem with the drama in this anime. The point I'm making is that every single person in a club/group of friends don't usually have dramatic lives. That's not bashing the drama in the anime, it's critiquing the realism portrayed in the Slice of Life/realistic fiction genre.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hoshiai no Sora Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2019

238 by thatguyevan »»
Apr 11, 9:46 PM

» "Special Fan Movie" Has Been Released

zamandzoe - May 20, 2020

22 by quietkun27 »»
Feb 23, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Hoshiai no Sora Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2019

130 by Limi »»
Dec 24, 2023 6:31 AM

» Continuation...

Kurdo - Apr 19, 2021

19 by DmonHiro »»
Nov 25, 2023 4:48 PM

» Some scenes missing in Crunchyroll?

KYSmequick - Oct 15, 2023

3 by heelyfrog »»
Nov 15, 2023 1:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.