Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 8, 2019 5:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty intense episode! When you have a village under attack by invaders, you'd better bet that they will fight back. Hyoga and Homura are badass though.

It's cool they made the episode serious but also managed to bring out Senku's leadership role to focus. I mean, he's a voice of knowledge in this anime after all.
Stark700Nov 8, 2019 7:45 AM
Nov 8, 2019 7:07 AM
Jan 2019
The episode doesn't seem to be available on Crunchyroll yet for some reason.
Nov 8, 2019 8:01 AM

Aug 2013
Great episode.

Hyoga was brutal, sending those men to their death. I have to say Suika showed courage in this episode. I like her.

The girl from the OP, Homura, makes an appearance.
LeoNov 8, 2019 8:07 AM

Nov 8, 2019 8:07 AM

Jan 2018
> Finally, a peek within the Tsukassa Empire. It is really a hunter-gatherer type of society.
> Tsukasa's philosophy about the old world stands out in this. I can agree some but not all. Mankind will always look for more innovations. You cannot stop knowledge.
> New sidekick for our second villain Hyoga. Damn, that gymnastics skills tho.
> A cell phone? Wow. Good luck though. Cannot wait for the final outcome. With 6 episodes remaining.
> Finally, Taiju and Yuzuriha are returning after a long period of absence.
Nov 8, 2019 8:09 AM

Aug 2012
cellular phones cannot work without a satellite and all crashed. At most they can build walkie talkies. I hope the series does not fuckup the science behind things
Nov 8, 2019 8:15 AM

Sep 2018
nightcrawlercyp said:
cellular phones cannot work without a satellite and all crashed. At most they can build walkie talkies. I hope the series does not fuckup the science behind things

Senkuu said at the end he will not build a real smartphone,first he'll build a regular one...
well that's just my opinion.....
Nov 8, 2019 8:19 AM

Sep 2014
Meh episode. Honestly, I find this arc is weak thus far. I think this show really stands out more when it solely focuses on slice of life moments and inventions rather than war and action scenes. The flashback scene with Tsukasa explaining his worldview was the best part of the episode for me. But I find his views absolutely inane since there's no way to prevent knowledge and scientific progress and still fail to take seriously the name Tsukasa Empire. At least, Taiju and Yuzuriha will get screentime again.
Nov 8, 2019 8:28 AM
Oct 2019
Why doesn't Senku develop chemical weapons to fight them ?
Nov 8, 2019 8:29 AM

Aug 2012
Farmaceut said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

Senkuu said at the end he will not build a real smartphone,first he'll build a regular one...
A regular one has wires . This makes it vulnerable to being discovered. While being pretty easy to build once you have magnets and can produce insulated copper wire (I did myself as a child) I think he did not mean this. A walkie Talkie is basically a radio emitter and a radio receiver in the same case. The over thing was a way to prevent people talking in the same time and causing a feedback loop between the speaker and the mic. That being said having speakers can do much more in a war with people that do not know much about them. You can cause chaos in various ways: make the enemy not know where you are, lead them into a trap, make it think you are more numerous and so on.
TinTin_29 said:

He does not want to kill anyone. Chemical weapons would have been the way to go for me as well. Take some substances that cause a person to have problem breathing when combined/burned, spread them through the savage village and see them drop like flies. A few might die , but most will survive and can be captured with ease.
MonkeyDHunter said:
Meh episode. Honestly, I find this arc is weak thus far. I think this show really stands out more when it solely focuses on slice of life moments and inventions rather than war and action scenes. The flashback scene with Tsukasa explaining his worldview was the best part of the episode for me. But I find his views absolutely inane since there's no way to prevent knowledge and scientific progress and still fail to take seriously the name Tsukasa Empire. At least, Taiju and Yuzuriha will get screentime again.

what is ironic is what he complained about is what he is actually doing. The problems he mentioned come from sheeple not having any guts and from some "innovations" like: usury, fiat money, and women rights
nightcrawlercypNov 8, 2019 8:34 AM
Nov 8, 2019 8:33 AM

Apr 2011
They're going to make cellphones? Woah! Can't wait to watch the next episode!!

Nov 8, 2019 8:38 AM

May 2011
TinTin_29 said:

Hmm I've wondered about that too. Not an expert, but I believe in order for chemical weapon to be effective, it probably needs to be explosive too, or at least pressurized into liquid form for it to have an effective range. Though, maybe someone with more knowledge might be able to enlighten us haha.
Nov 8, 2019 8:43 AM

Oct 2015
I see Tsukasa has found himself some ass ;-)

It was nice to see how the Tsukasa empire is doing, and Hyoga's little backstory of course. I see he also has some ass in Homura, now that is one badass character but not Kohaku level though.

The expression on Tsukasa's face, after finding out Senku is alive was super priceless.

Can't wait to see how is Senku going to pull this smartphone thing out of thin air!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 8, 2019 8:47 AM

Jun 2015
Building a communication device? Well, good luck keeping Tsukasa Empire at bay until then, though.
Nov 8, 2019 8:48 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I curious to see how the Kingdom of Science will develop a phone. Having a form of communication will give them some form of advantage over the Tsukasa Empire. They will have the ability to coordinate a surprise attack.
Nov 8, 2019 8:48 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wow he wants to make a smartphone now, that's really interesting.
And I don't know if it's me but art seemed to be rushed in this episode.
Nov 8, 2019 8:49 AM

Mar 2017
OOOH, i spotted some new characters in this episode...

I guess Gen's picked his side now and there's no going back! That cell phone plan is insane but communication is key. Looks like Taiju and Yuzuriha will be back soon too!

I just realised that we only have a few episodes left too which means my favourite character won't be introduced until next season šŸ˜¢
Nov 8, 2019 8:53 AM

Oct 2009
So, Tsukasa got Hyoga out of nothing, without any prior indication... And now Hyoga gets Homura out of nothing, without any prior indication - not even just being there either, but doing considerable damage for her debut. Eeeeh, ok. I could do with fewer asspulls like this.

And, well, Senkuu's not wrong about communication in war, but uh... hello? Radio, perhaps? Something about learning to walk before you can run?
Nov 8, 2019 9:07 AM

Aug 2012
yellowheartren said:
So, Tsukasa got Hyoga out of nothing, without any prior indication... And now Hyoga gets Homura out of nothing, without any prior indication - not even just being there either, but doing considerable damage for her debut. Eeeeh, ok. I could do with fewer asspulls like this.

And, well, Senkuu's not wrong about communication in war, but uh... hello? Radio, perhaps? Something about learning to walk before you can run?
he has copper wire and magnets. And while he said phone he probably meant one of these: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AN/PRC-6 . Although I would start with something like that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj-wkw98j7Q&feature=share In the version I build as a kid we used two razor blades as supports to the carbon mine and the razors were connected to the wire. Anyway provided he has enough time something like this is doable. And actual cellular cannot be done without orbital satellites and for a smartphone you need way more things.
Nov 8, 2019 9:18 AM
May 2018
This episode was way more serious than I expected. The only thing that I'm worried about is the end of the season,either they will go at the current pace and the season will end before the arc or go at the fast pace disrupting the flow of the series. I hope it's neither of those and we get a "perfect" season finale.
Guess I'll have to read the manga to check in this issue.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 8, 2019 9:30 AM

May 2016
This show starts to really makes me read the manga rather than waiting 7 days for a single episode... my patience breaks here.

Science kingdom is in a really big problem now.
Nov 8, 2019 9:46 AM

Oct 2017
Finally time to make communication devices, with the help of phones they will surely win against Tsukasa empire. Also Suica MVP once again.
Nov 8, 2019 10:07 AM

May 2019
Cell phones? That's too much of a leap, bro. How will they even do that?

Anyways, the episode somewhat felt too short probably because of all the things that happened. It's sad that we're nearing the end of this season.

And man, I really do hate that Tsukasa guy.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Nov 8, 2019 10:14 AM

Jan 2013
Smartphone is a suuuuper stretch lol!!!! Putting down the molecular composition and obtaining the raw mats is not going to cut it --- omfg i shit myself.
Nov 8, 2019 10:30 AM

May 2018
has anybody notices something in Tsukasa's village, like people whom somehow didn't experience any form of petification , cu'z it looks like that Fire Bitch Homura and that Blond bitch in red don't look like they've been through it ?????????????????

Also, can we say that those in Tsukasa's group were also from the same village but have decided to split off, long ago??????

So Senku plans to make cell phones.................................WTF , CELLPHONES, MAYBE WHAT HE REALLY MEANT WAS TWO WAY RADIO??????!!!!!!
JiangHaoyi1979Nov 8, 2019 10:36 AM
Nov 8, 2019 10:54 AM

Mar 2016
I didn't like the fight that much. I expected some amazing tactics, which get countered by other amazing tactics. And, it would have been nice if the actual villagers got to come up with them. (Tsukasa and the white haired guy have never had any reason to fight a battle in the modern world, but I am guessing that the people from the stone world have fought a lot and are better at understanding wars.)

Senkuu is about to make a mobile phone. Is it even possible for a child to make one? Rockets and TV came before mobile phones! Thank god we have Gen, the sceptic, who keeps things kind of believable by representing our incredulity.
Nov 8, 2019 10:58 AM
Jan 2016
Intense episode!

I wonder why they didn't kill hyuuga disarmed, was a lot easier, they just elt them leave!

Suika was awesome this episode!

Himura was kinda badass, and burned the village, damn!

Senku's next plan is to create phones, it is truly a strong weapon, wonder if he will make it in time!

Seems Taiju and Yuzuriha will return soon!

Tsukasa reaction toward Senku being alive was epic!

Feb 2014
Things are starting to get more serious now. Although Senku's group were successful in breaking Hyoga's spear weapon, the battle brought enough time for Hyoga's partner, Homura, to sneak up on the village and set most of it on fire, as well as burning one bridge that connects to where Ruri is.

It did mean that Senku's and everyone else of the village had to evacuate to the science shed, but the danger wasn't over yet. Luckily, Suika played a big role in baiting Hyoga's team towards the hot springs route, where the death mist caught Hyoga's group off-guard. With that, Senku's group was able to thwart off the attack for now.

Senku's idea of making a cell phone is certainly ambitious, but I think he'll be able to make one or a few of them in time before Tsukasa's Empire make their next move. I do look forward to seeing how Senku makes these phones, though. =)

Apr 2019
Phones? That's... unexpected. I wonder how long it will take them to make this one this time.
Nov 8, 2019 11:00 AM

Mar 2019
Ver good episode but wtf with crafting a phone how is he supposed to create a wireless device without informatics and antennas
Nov 8, 2019 11:29 AM

Feb 2011
Dr Stone ? More like Dr. melting production

Nov 8, 2019 11:29 AM
Feb 2009
dang another episode that felt like 5 mins and looks like we'll be seeing Yuzuriha and Taiji soon
Nov 8, 2019 11:32 AM

Dec 2015
Great episode. I gotta admit though, I'm not looking forward to several more episodes of drawn out scientific development. I like when they show the process but they took way too long last time and it took like a whole month or so to finally see the results. I hope they build the phones in just a couple episodes.
Nov 8, 2019 11:45 AM

Jul 2019
Suika is so brave, I love her. I'm glad she's okay. And wow Taiju and Yuzuriha are finally back! That plan to have cell phones sounds insane but of course they're going to do it right? Can't wait to see how. :p
Life is a despicable endurance race
Nov 8, 2019 12:10 PM

Feb 2018
When Senku suggested they "strike first", I was not expecting a cellphone to be the crux of the plan. It's not exactly going to be an overnight creation in this world.
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
Nov 8, 2019 12:38 PM

Jan 2009
nice they gonna make a radio phone now

and lol Tsukasa hates capitalism (social capitalism is better anyway #YangGang2020) and got that "Ok Boomer" moment

Nov 8, 2019 1:18 PM

May 2016
nightcrawlercyp said:
Farmaceut said:

A regular one has wires . This makes it vulnerable to being discovered. While being pretty easy to build once you have magnets and can produce insulated copper wire (I did myself as a child) I think he did not mean this. A walkie Talkie is basically a radio emitter and a radio receiver in the same case. The over thing was a way to prevent people talking in the same time and causing a feedback loop between the speaker and the mic. That being said having speakers can do much more in a war with people that do not know much about them. You can cause chaos in various ways: make the enemy not know where you are, lead them into a trap, make it think you are more numerous and so on.
TinTin_29 said:

He does not want to kill anyone. Chemical weapons would have been the way to go for me as well. Take some substances that cause a person to have problem breathing when combined/burned, spread them through the savage village and see them drop like flies. A few might die , but most will survive and can be captured with ease.

The problem with chemical warfare though is that it's unpredictable, not to mention immoral. Whatever chemicals you use to effect your enemies can essentially effect you as well, not the mention the damage it could cause to the environment. That's why most nations wouldn't use it even out of desperation.

If it were me, I would give Tsukasa the Vietnam War treatment. Being the youngest son of a Vietnam War veteran and having spoken with many other veterans, the one thing US soldiers feared more than the enemy when patrolling the jungles it was booby traps. If there was one thing you could praise the Vietcong for it was their booby traps and how creative they got with them.

Going with this plan, I would first abandon the village by splitting the people into two groups. The first group will be women, children, and the elderly while the second will be the fighters. The first group crosses the river with canoes and taken to safety while I take the second group and create a diversion by travelling on foot, making Tsukasa believe that we're running since he knows facing him head on even with technology would be suicide. Then, once he and his army start following us we would then go into the forest and start setting up as many booby traps as possible.

The key to this plan isn't just to dwindle down their numbers, it's to break their morale. Right now Tsukasa's army is completely confident that they'll have an easy victory on their hands, but once they start losing men and seeing them die in horrible ways it will slowly start to eat away effect their confidence. Now true, we'll still have to deal with Hyoga and other formidable fighters, but that's what our fighters are for. In addition to using booby traps, I would also use to guerrilla tactics to pick off anyone who strayed too far from the army while making sure they don't obtain any food or water.

From what I've so far, Tsuaksa's one fatal weakness is inexperience. We know that he was in training to become a professional boxer so he some idea on strategy, but he's never put it to good use. And honestly has no reason to since they're now living in the stone age. He believes that brute strength in this world will easily win. Well, once he starts losing men and morale starts to drop, his army will eventually start turning against and eventually they'll turn against him. He made them a bunch of promises but in their minds he only led them to disaster. Then, once things finally boil over, whatever's left of the army will either run, surrender, or maybe kill themselves of out of shame and Tsukasa will only go down with them.

In the end, my group wins with little to no casualties. Brutal yes, but if you want to beat a superior force with limited technology that's the way I would do it.
"You talk too much. Think too much."
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"If you're not going to be nice to me, don't expect me to be nice to you."
"I'm a soldier, not a superhero. Don't ever think of me as one."
"The world doesn't revolve around you. Get that through your thick skull."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
"You want something go get it. Period."
Nov 8, 2019 1:28 PM
Apr 2019
That girl sit the bridge on fire, and then one scene later she is walking on it, like nothing happened to it. Am I missing something?
vAlcatrazNov 8, 2019 1:32 PM
Nov 8, 2019 1:37 PM

Jan 2018
Tsukasa- doesn't want to unpetrify elderly people because they would start wars
Also Tsukasa- starts a war with Ishigami village and also burns down the whole village
Nov 8, 2019 1:49 PM
Jun 2014
vAlcatraz said:
That girl sit the bridge on fire, and then one scene later she is walking on it, like nothing happened to it. Am I missing something?

Not the same bridge, there was 2 of them, on leading up to the village, on leading up to the priestress home, only the second one was burned.
Nov 8, 2019 1:58 PM
Apr 2019
Boruru said:
vAlcatraz said:

Not the same bridge, there was 2 of them, on leading up to the village, on leading up to the priestress home, only the second one was burned.

Oh I see now, that shit got me confused for a minute and then I was like yeah just go along with it. thanks for correcting me too!
Nov 8, 2019 2:21 PM
May 2019
Another funny episode. I just hope this cellphone thing develops quicker than the sulfa drug. We only have 5 episodes left. And I'd rather have it more detailed on the invasion than on making the communication devices. Also, won't Taiju and Yuzuriha be the first ones Tsukasa suspects?
Nov 8, 2019 2:22 PM

Apr 2015
Pretty sick episode.

We got the introduction of Homura, besides Hyoga, she's also a formidable foe. Wouldn't be surprised if she used to be an athlete or something, cause her movements were insane..

Didn't think we would see the hideous Lake Lady of death again. Suika put her own life on the line to save the others. Glad she's okay though. Hyoga sacrificed those meatheads like garbage.

Cell phones, at first I thought Senku has smoked too much or something.. But knowing him he can pull it off.. Best part of it all is that no one has a clue what he's talking about while Gen is there the only one who gets and was like "you're out of your God damn mind".

Gonna be nice seeing Yuzuriha and Taiju again at some point!
Nov 8, 2019 3:04 PM

Apr 2012
I loved the episode, but I've loved every single one. I'm super excited that Taiju and Yuzuriha will be coming back. Finally! I'm curious what they've been up to.

I'm fairly certain that what he's actually going to make will be more of a short-range walkie-talkie. His little "presentation" alluded to that as well. He's calling it other things but those are impossible with his current resources and of course, he knows that. I agree with another user that making the antibiotic took a very long time (half a year), but since he's already done some of the steps needed, it might be possible to make the communication device more quickly.

Suika darting off and sacrificing herself ... oh my heart. I was so scared for her. I'm glad she came through it.

I can't completely disagree with Tsukasa's mindset but it's impossibly idealistic. The world just doesn't work that way on a large scale.

Senku won't use anything that will kill anyone. He's too kind, which could end up being a downfall for him but is something I dearly love about him.

Hyuga is ruthless and awful. That he and Homura were willing to obliterate an innocent village speaks volumes about their "pure" character. Tsukasa clearly chose wrong if he was going for "purity of spirit." I was sympathetic Tsukasa's reasoning until he was willing to sacrifice an innocent village just so Senku couldn't get to it. It belies his supposedly "pure" motives.
A hero will sacrifice the one he loves to save the world. A villain will sacrifice the world for the one he loves. I'll take the villain.
Nov 8, 2019 3:21 PM

Oct 2017
So good episode, I can't wait to see Taiju and Yuzuriha again, that's gonna bring load of feelings. I really hope they win against Tsukasa.
-¡Give yourself to me!
Nov 8, 2019 3:29 PM

Nov 2013
TinTin_29 said:
dude, by now you should have figured out that Senku isn't a psycho murderer. He wasn't planning on killing even Tsukasa.
Nov 8, 2019 3:31 PM
Dec 2014
is this show even trying to make sense anymore?

or is it just senku laughing cockily 50 times an episode, saying his catch phrase, and everybody saying science every 30 seconds?

and why is the budget dropping each episode? this is essentially stills now
Nov 8, 2019 3:42 PM

Nov 2017
I don't know if it's the same with the manga or not, but you really need to throw logic out the window while watching this anime. They don't really bother me a lot though, so whatever.

I'm kinda curious to see them attack the enemy, we'll also get to see some more of Taiju and Yuzuriha too
Nov 8, 2019 3:43 PM

Nov 2017
BlindSniper said:
is this show even trying to make sense anymore?

or is it just senku laughing cockily 50 times an episode, saying his catch phrase, and everybody saying science every 30 seconds?

and why is the budget dropping each episode? this is essentially stills now

Lol i thought it was just me, but yeah there were a lot of problems, especially in this episode
Nov 8, 2019 4:00 PM

Apr 2012
So, is Tsukasa actually a millenial on steroids? His whole obsessive war with adults, naive anti-capitalism and speeches about nature, definitely remind me of something.
Nov 8, 2019 5:13 PM

May 2019
I like the way Hyoga is being characterised. Logical to a fault.

I definitely didn't expect cell phones. My first instinct was a catapult lol

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2019

196 by anshumankrsingh »»
Apr 6, 6:28 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2019

486 by Luban1 »»
Mar 18, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Syureria - Dec 13, 2019

335 by Matchappie »»
Mar 5, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2019

161 by Matchappie »»
Mar 5, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2019

210 by Matchappie »»
Mar 4, 9:48 AM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.