Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 4, 2019 6:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
As expected, we got to see more of Reina's childhood past. I have to admit that as a kid, she's pretty daring and isn't afraid to take risks. Firebolt!

She seems to show a lot of desire to prove herself to others. It's too bad tragedy happened and someone close to her died. I think that fire is symbolic of her burning desire for vengeance. I like how they also added light comedy moments during their story time lol
Nov 4, 2019 9:03 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
So was this content from the original beginning of the novels they finally decided to show? Mile's part of it I mean (though only a small part I presume)
Nov 4, 2019 9:07 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wow they actually have a horrible past, that's sad, only Mavis has a normal past.
It was a really good episode, I'm looking forward for the next one.
Nov 4, 2019 9:15 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So we get a backstory on all the characters in Mile's party. Reina had to endure the tragedy of loosing her family twice and the awakening of her fire magic caused by emotional trauma. Mavis wanted to be a knight but her family said no so she ran away. Pauline wants to take the business that was stolen from her father when he passed away. Mile seems to have a series of misunderstandings when she found out that her abilities were more than average and she had to change her name from Adele to Mile.

How ironic that Mavis was the only one that had an average life.
Nov 4, 2019 9:24 AM

Mar 2019
Lots of flashbacks that was interesting, Reina had a really rough life
Mavis is the luckiest one
Nov 4, 2019 9:26 AM

Nov 2017
lmao Mavis and Mile's backstories. The other two were quite sad though.
Overall a good episode. I love all the random subtle references thrown here and there in the anime.
Nov 4, 2019 9:30 AM

Aug 2013
Some good backstories in this episode. Reina had it rough with her family being killed and so di Mile.

No OP in this episode which is a shame. Overall, a good episode.

Nov 4, 2019 9:32 AM

Jan 2008
JoJo references are always fun to see.

So it seems Nano's appearance is basically a mutation of Pikachu and Kero.

They skipped stuff between Mile and her old friends but I guess it would just feel like a repeat of what we already saw with her current friends.

Nov 4, 2019 9:37 AM

Mar 2018
I love all these references ngl xd
Having everyone's past in this ep was pretty good tbh
Though they kiiind of rushed through it, especially Mile's.

But as Paul said, it might just feel like a repetition of what we saw with Mavis & co.
They could've at least mentioned how Mile safed her old friends' lifes by teaching them 'secrets' of magic.

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Nov 4, 2019 9:46 AM

Jan 2016
Mavis' reaction to Reina's story was literally me omfg.
So fucking sad dudes.

And jesus christ Mile's backstory is a lot more insane than I thought LMFAAO
I LOVE HER EVEN MORE NOW OMG.
Nov 4, 2019 9:58 AM

Jul 2015
Big + for DAGA KOTOWARU

I kinda understand Reina.
Disposing of villain is the only way to ensure 100% they will not cause more evil.

Nov 4, 2019 10:12 AM

Nov 2014
Their reaction to Reina's story was really unexpected. Those pasts were all pretty dramatic, and Mavis being such a boring exception was a great joke.
Nov 4, 2019 10:34 AM

Dec 2016
I don't use the term "terrible" that often, but in this particular episode, it's completely justified.

The tone shift mixed with the bad self aware jokes takes the cake in this one. Reina's backstory is meant to be played as a tragedy, but it's so ridiculous that her life turns around in the same way twice (bandits) that it's hard to tell if it's meant to be something to emphatize or just laugh. It's like a cheap unfunny version of Simpson's Ship of Lost Souls. Other comedies have done this in a much better way by creating a buffer between tragic events and laugh out loud comedic situations, like Jungle Guu that gave one of the side characters a troublesome past that directly affects the main character, it's so well done because the tragic flashback isn't played for laughs, and there's a buffer zone before the laughs start coming again. Also it doesn't take just a portion of an episode (it actually takes a whole arc to tell the story and create a new story out of it)

Miles & Pauline's reaction to Reina's story also feels so out of place, she's opening her heart to what are supposed to be her best friends and them being insensitive and just playing it for a joke just make me shake my head.

Even as a comedy, stating that magic is produced by nanomachines, takes away some of the mysticism of using magic

Hope next episode it gets back on the horse on actual good comedy
Nov 4, 2019 10:38 AM

Nov 2013
damn, Mile with wings is just so cool <3
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Nov 4, 2019 11:14 AM

Mar 2014
Mile's self-awareness of anime tropes is so good

"I swore to myself that I wouldn't fulfill the 'reincarnated with cheat-level powers' trope..." lol

I like that her would-be bullies saw how sad her life was and became her friends instead
Nov 4, 2019 11:15 AM

Aug 2014
What a great episode. It was so entertaining and depressing at the same time, the reactions they had to the different stories were great :D
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Nov 4, 2019 11:35 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
So it was bandits that took Reina's beloved father away from her then. Its tragic that the one person that she was closest too also ended up becoming a victim to the bandits. Given the pain and anger of the loss no wonder Reina's dark self emerged to bring justice for her slain friends while Pauline developed her own dark personality as well. Mavis's origin though was more normal than expected. Mile's first encounter with the spirit though sure was amusing. Her life as a noble though sure proved to be quite the interesting experience for her given her skills. Still it's nice that Mile's kindness managed to convert her would be bullies into friends though its unfortunate that the same kindness also caused her to get far more attention that she wanted. Hmm overall ep that did well to expand upon each of the girls by showing their pasts. In a way it can be said that apart from Mavis each of the girls past and determination to become hunters was borne from despair at the hands of the evildoers. If anything knowing each others past only serves to increase their bonds.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 4, 2019 11:41 AM

Apr 2015
as a manga reader I can confidently say they pretty much nailed Mile's past and only shown the important bits. and I'm pretty sure the anime also stated that if this world learned that magic is produced by nanomachines (for now only Mile knows this) the world will advance a big leap kinda like the industrialization boom stage of our time. keep that in mind for now. the lattice barrier is an unknown spell for the same reason the world hasn't reached industrialization age yet.

oh and the supposed 3 bullies had more screentime in the LN/manga but then again, most of them isn't really that important. if there's one complaint I'd wanna voice out is they didn't show this one panel in the anime

Mod Edit: removed advertising/non-fair use link
Fleeting_DreamNov 6, 2019 11:35 AM
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Nov 4, 2019 11:52 AM

Nov 2015
In this episode: burdens of the past and lots of references. Mile's academy years being rushed like everyone else's was obvious from the get go, but I still wish they'd have put more effort into the goddess scene.
Nov 4, 2019 11:59 AM

Jul 2014
Not a fan of how Mile and Pauline reacted to Reina's backstory. The backstory was so fucked up for them to react just like that. They didn't necessarily have to react like Mavis but one would expect something more empathetic from her friends, I don't know, it seemed out of place to me.

At least Mile's backstory was fun and it was great to finally meet "Marcelina". I would have liked to see more of her life with her boarding school friends tho, I hope to see them again.
Nov 4, 2019 12:11 PM

Jan 2019
Reeinaa!! TwT
Great ep.
Nov 4, 2019 12:33 PM

Jun 2019
We finally got the back stories we'd been waiting for, since apparently they should've been revealed by the time when they had the fight at the tournament (as a few people commented on the ep 3 thread)and became the team know an 'Crimson Vow'.

I didn't mind that they lumped all the stories into one episode, it got it all over and done with. Although from what I've heard from people who've read the source material, some of the details of the girls back stories aren't completely accurate, or certain key aspects had been left out (maybe they'll be revealed later on).

Didn't little Reina look kick ass when she got angry.
Nov 4, 2019 12:33 PM

May 2015
It was nice to see some more past of Mile and oh god Pauline is scary XD. Love Pauline. It was hard to pick my favourite between Mile and Pauline but Pauline is getting there.

I hope they play on this fear of losing her family by putting everyone in a bad situation but I doubt that'll happen.

I couldnt stop smiling when Mile faked being a goddess XD. It looked really nice on her and she's pretty much a goddess with her power.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Nov 4, 2019 12:37 PM

Mar 2013
kidlat020 said:
as a manga reader I can confidently say they pretty much nailed Mile's past and only shown the important bits. and I'm pretty sure the anime also stated that if this world learned that magic is produced by nanomachines (for now only Mile knows this) the world will advance a big leap kinda like the industrialization boom stage of our time. keep that in mind for now. the lattice barrier is an unknown spell for the same reason the world hasn't reached industrialization age yet.

oh and the supposed 3 bullies had more screentime in the LN/manga but then again, most of them isn't really that important. if there's one complaint I'd wanna voice out is they didn't show this one panel in the anime

I don't remember the bit about the dad killing her mom though. And in the manga her sudden remembering of her previous life was different too. It feels like they added a more tragic side to it just so it would match up to the others.

Mod Edit: modified quoted post to reflect changes
Fleeting_DreamNov 6, 2019 11:36 AM
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Nov 4, 2019 12:45 PM

Feb 2016
Oh, how utterly tragic, edgy backstories with weird tonal shifts just ruins it. I thought we had enough with Kanata no Astra, You can't just tell a tragic story and expect people to laugh by making their characters be insensitive about it, this is just offensive.

I usually appreciate when a JoJo reference happens, but this one was highly offensive as it was terribly executed without proper context, "Daga Kotowaru" isn't used like this. The writer behind this work clearly had no idea what it meant and just used it to look cool, either that, or Project No.9 ruined it.

1/10 for the effort

@Kimurah

Exactly, I don't really get the appeal of adding terrible timed and unwanted comedy after a tragic story. To make it worse, Reina's "friends" acted like they did not give a fuck about it as a comedic relief, but this is just highly offensive.
CrimsonWandererNov 4, 2019 12:54 PM
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Nov 4, 2019 12:49 PM

Apr 2015
Riotstarter said:
kidlat020 said:

I don't remember the bit about the dad killing her mom though. And in the manga her sudden remembering of her previous life was different too. It feels like they added a more tragic side to it just so it would match up to the others.

I don't remember as well. and if anything I don't remember the manga mentioning pauline's past.

Mod Edit: modified quoted post to reflect changes
Fleeting_DreamNov 6, 2019 11:36 AM

Nov 4, 2019 12:59 PM

Mar 2018
Am I the only one who saw a Hyouka reference there?

Nov 4, 2019 12:59 PM

May 2016
Kimurah said:
I don't use the term "terrible" that often, but in this particular episode, it's completely justified.

The tone shift mixed with the bad self aware jokes takes the cake in this one. Reina's backstory is meant to be played as a tragedy, but it's so ridiculous that her life turns around in the same way twice (bandits) that it's hard to tell if it's meant to be something to emphatize or just laugh. It's like a cheap unfunny version of Simpson's Ship of Lost Souls. Other comedies have done this in a much better way by creating a buffer between tragic events and laugh out loud comedic situations, like Jungle Guu that gave one of the side characters a troublesome past that directly affects the main character, it's so well done because the tragic flashback isn't played for laughs, and there's a buffer zone before the laughs start coming again. Also it doesn't take just a portion of an episode (it actually takes a whole arc to tell the story and create a new story out of it)

Miles & Pauline's reaction to Reina's story also feels so out of place, she's opening her heart to what are supposed to be her best friends and them being insensitive and just playing it for a joke just make me shake my head.

Even as a comedy, stating that magic is produced by nanomachines, takes away some of the mysticism of using magic

Hope next episode it gets back on the horse on actual good comedy

I think you're being a little too critical on this.

Reina's story is indeed sad but considering the world that they live in and that both Miles and Pauline had gone through some tough shit as well, I say their reactions were pretty natural. Reina's story is likely a very common one considering that they also lost loved ones to robbers as well and that they, Pauline especially, had to take matters into their own hands. Now true, none of the other girls have ever killed anyone like Reina did, but it's not like they don't know where's she coming from. Pauline took it upon herself to restore her family's reputation after her mother went off the deep end, while Miles had to run away from her previous life after she accidentally a peaceful revolution of sorts in home country.

And like they said, what more needs to be said about Reina and her story? Revenge isn't going to bring her family back and they wouldn't have wanted her to become a merciless killer like a paid assassin or bounty hunter who makes a career hunting down and eliminating bandits and other criminals. It would just make everything they did for her pointless. In addition, killing someone isn't as easy as it sounds, especially if you're a civilian and not a soldier or assassins who are trained to do it. Once you kill someone it stays with you forever, and like drugs and alcohol it can become an addiction. It's like that line from the original The Magnificent Seven movie: "Once you begin, you've got to be prepare for killing and more killing. And then still more killing until the reason for it is gone."

So the point I'm trying to make is, while Reina's story is indeed sad, it no longer matters now. It's all in the past. Reina's companions right now are not her family from back then. Things are now different, and it won't happen again like last time.
"You talk too much. Think too much."
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"If you're not going to be nice to me, don't expect me to be nice to you."
"I'm a soldier, not a superhero. Don't ever think of me as one."
"The world doesn't revolve around you. Get that through your thick skull."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
"You want something go get it. Period."
Nov 4, 2019 2:23 PM

Dec 2016
DirectorK said:

I think you're being a little too critical on this.

Reina's story is indeed sad but considering the world that they live in and that both Miles and Pauline had gone through some tough shit as well

The world they live in has been painted as a relaxed one with no major issues, at most just some weird gal chasing lolis for a dumb joke. Sure maybe the original source is meant to be more grim and it would fall into the hands of the director for changing so much of the original work. But still it's not a good excuse to claim that their world is harsh, specially when the "tone" and way the stories are told (both Reina's & specially Pauline's) don't have the weigh as something to be taken quite seriously.

DirectorK said:

I say their reactions were pretty natural.

Either you're an emotionless robot or the people that surround you have never taught you how empathy works. Real people don't just stare at other's thinking "is that all?" when that person is opening her heart out. Now were talking that all four of them are best friends, they consider themselves pretty tight, almost as a 2nd family, a lot more tact is expected in a situation like this. Mavis' reaction was also exagerated just for cheap laughs, but at least it's more sincere when it comes to human interaction. A tap on Reina's shoulder and/or an "I'm sorry to hear that" is what normal people would offer in this kind of situation, on close relationships even a hug is actually expected in order to ease the sorrow.

DirectorK said:

Reina's story is likely a very common one considering that they also lost loved ones to robbers as well and that they

We don't know that, since the anime didn't bother to world build anything outside the 4 main characters and their stay at the Inn and their school

DirectorK said:

Pauline took it upon herself to restore her family's reputation after her mother went off the deep end, while Miles had to run away from her previous life after she accidentally a peaceful revolution of sorts in home country.

And Pauline's story totaly feels like a joke because it lacks any real tension in the way it is painted, specially with her typical scary face.

DirectorK said:

And like they said, what more needs to be said about Reina and her story? Revenge isn't going to bring her family back and they wouldn't have wanted her to become a merciless killer like a paid assassin or bounty hunter who makes a career hunting down and eliminating bandits and other criminals. It would just make everything they did for her pointless. In addition, killing someone isn't as easy as it sounds, especially if you're a civilian and not a soldier or assassins who are trained to do it. Once you kill someone it stays with you forever, and like drugs and alcohol it can become an addiction. It's like that line from the original The Magnificent Seven movie: "Once you begin, you've got to be prepare for killing and more killing. And then still more killing until the reason for it is gone."

I don't see how any of this has anything to do with my original post. I never mentioned anything about Reina's vindictive stance on Thugs and robbers.
Nov 4, 2019 2:35 PM

Feb 2017
@DirectorK pretty much pointed out what I was gonna post while reading people complains about Pauline and Mile's reactions, yeah it's sad, but if you've gone through shit it stop beings that sad.

Also if Pauline's plan is indeed taking her father's company over from those fuckers using business smarts I think she saved her mother since it looked like to me she was gonna poison the fucker after both their childs had grown.
Nov 4, 2019 2:38 PM
Aug 2017
I was hoping this would be the episode where they wouldn't screw up, but the breakneck pacing and the absolute need to make this a comedy series because copying konosuba is now the trendy thing kind of ruined any emotional impact from the source material.
Nov 4, 2019 2:57 PM

Mar 2019
BTDee said:
Mavis' reaction to Reina's story was literally me omfg.
So fucking sad dudes.

And jesus christ Mile's backstory is a lot more insane than I thought LMFAAO
I LOVE HER EVEN MORE NOW OMG.

That's because all of her flashback was actually the first part of the original story
my dark magical girl webseries
https://unsafemahoushoujo.wordpress.com/blog/
Nov 4, 2019 3:34 PM

Apr 2015
Backstories everywhere.. Reina's backstory was quite tragic, but for some reason it just didn't feel right? I don't know. It's sad either way, losing the people you care about, not once but twice.

Pauline's back story was quite sad as well, Mavis seemed to be the most fortunate of them all.

Finally we get to see Mile's backstory as well. "The Gotcha Catch Them Guy", nice one! Solid Pokemon and Cardcaptor Sakura references! Her backstory is pretty strange, but also quite messed up. I just wish we got to know more of her previous life.

Mile with wings though, that as a pretty sight!
Nov 4, 2019 3:37 PM

May 2016
Kimurah said:
Either you're an emotionless robot or the people that surround you have never taught you how empathy works.

Excuse me?! My Dad died earlier this year and four years before that my oldest brother, who introduced me to anime back when I was a kid in the 90s, died suddenly, leaving behind a wife and a newborn child that he never got to know. My whole family has had a troubled past but we always managed to pull through with each others support.

And yet you sit there and have the audacity to insult me by saying me that I have no sense of emotion or empathy? Consider yourself lucky that we're not talking to each face to face because you wouldn't be standing right now had you said that to my face.

I merely gave you a civilized response to your comment and you responded by insulting me and acting you know everything about me. You better learn to be more respectful towards others before it gets you into trouble.
"You talk too much. Think too much."
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"If you're not going to be nice to me, don't expect me to be nice to you."
"I'm a soldier, not a superhero. Don't ever think of me as one."
"The world doesn't revolve around you. Get that through your thick skull."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
"You want something go get it. Period."
Nov 4, 2019 3:37 PM

Dec 2013
The tone was all over the place, one extremely tragic, another one sad one but no response form the group but with so many problems we have seen on that world I imagine that just a normal life, heck MC asked to have an average life and her mother / grandpa were killed so yeah, just more of the same for them, fun episode nonetheless. No OP made me feel sad too.
KanameYuukiNov 4, 2019 3:43 PM
Nov 4, 2019 3:43 PM

Mar 2013
kidlat020 said:
Riotstarter said:

I don't remember as well. and if anything I don't remember the manga mentioning pauline's past.

OK I just double checked the manga, at first there's no mention of it (it's implied that Adele, still not remembering her past life, was just sent there by her stepmother to get her out of her hair) but when she's at Eckland she does mention that she can't use her family name otherwise she'd get murdered. I haven't read the LN though so I don't know if it's further expanded on in that.
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Nov 4, 2019 5:47 PM

Oct 2015
I don't blame Reina for hating bandits and thieves, those guys really messed up her life. But still, I found that story of how crimson lightning took care of her, touching and really emotional at the end. Mile's story was touching, but the way she casually told it made it mild. Pauline's was also touching in a way, but her and her mother's reaction made it a little bit funny.

I loved all them though.
lihle808Nov 4, 2019 5:51 PM
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 4, 2019 6:13 PM

Jan 2011
Repeat it again ya'll didn't need dark backstories ,episode was a mixed bag because for the first half i'm like this is some bad shit then it happens again and the other characters brush it off and i'm like wait am i the odd one for sympathizing with her then it turns out almost everyone's parent's were murdered at some point and we reach some kind of dark meta humor for backstories for everyone.

lets get back to the fun times and random dumb anime refs at least the school bullies ended up being super nice granted it was out of pity
Nov 4, 2019 6:22 PM
Mar 2017
HereticHunter said:
Oh, how utterly tragic, edgy backstories with weird tonal shifts just ruins it. I thought we had enough with Kanata no Astra, You can't just tell a tragic story and expect people to laugh by making their characters be insensitive about it, this is just offensive.

I usually appreciate when a JoJo reference happens, but this one was highly offensive as it was terribly executed without proper context, "Daga Kotowaru" isn't used like this. The writer behind this work clearly had no idea what it meant and just used it to look cool, either that, or Project No.9 ruined it.

1/10 for the effort

@Kimurah

Exactly, I don't really get the appeal of adding terrible timed and unwanted comedy after a tragic story. To make it worse, Reina's "friends" acted like they did not give a fuck about it as a comedic relief, but this is just highly offensive.

For me, they ruined the all confort, emotional and tragic moments with a lots of jokes, gags and stupid references out of place, wich pisses me off, and more importantly the execution of these scenes. Like, the weird choice of using bright filter instead of something black and grey in the flashback, the tone being light in both terms of color and weight instead of heavy, dark and serious, and turning the scenes so weak or close to bad with the mediocre level of sakuga. I mean, this part showed people being killed, manipulated, corrupted, it's not something to take this as a joke or even to take careless like that.
Also, i agree with you.
Nov 4, 2019 7:59 PM
Mar 2017
So....Here comes the sad pasts flashback told or made poorly and destroying
the moments with bad reactions and shitty timing comic.

First of all, it's the anime making the same mistake of the previous ep(ep 4) with
the jokes and gags until the serious moment with Reina, however in this it's even
worse. Like the tone and the filter don't match with their moments, using something
like bright and light instead of dark, shadow, heavy and even expressive colors, like
dark red for the Reina's past and "Deep Purple" for the Pauline, to have the impact
of the moments.

Not satisfing with that, they put unnecessary jokes, gags, references and weird blank
reaction from the characters. Are they truly friends or partners? If they're, it's not normal
to having a psychopatic reaction like that or being a jerk with that. It feels really akward
and strange to see that. What's wrong with these guys making this?

And for the last, Mile/Adele telling her past in this ep instead of the telling from
the start like in ep 2 or 3 has not have the same energy or emotional impact. Telling
her past or backstory to the others from the beginning needs a lot of courage, because
she don't what will happen if they known her past, and being accepted and recceiving trust and reliance
from the others to the point that they become a friends and companions, it would be and feel great.
But telling it now felt nothing, just because she told her past for obligation instead of her own choice,
and not suprise that her backstory being rushed and told poorly.
H_M_Gamer666Nov 5, 2019 2:30 AM
Nov 4, 2019 8:14 PM
Apr 2014
Nefregar said:

I guess not enough people saw/remember hyouka to even link it, we also had terminator, pokemon, and cardcaptor sakura, dragon ball references, and of course a jojo reference

Nov 4, 2019 8:45 PM

Jun 2013
their back stories range from messed up to plain hilarious
Nov 4, 2019 9:17 PM

Sep 2016
Can't wait for this anime to keep the newly acquired serious tone.

Just to read the hurr durr of people complaining this was supposed to be serious from the start, or people who wanted the comedy to stay with no seriousness.

Popcorn ready xD
bruh
Nov 5, 2019 1:18 AM
Jun 2017
The back story of the 4 girls. Well this just showed us how each person is carrying their past up to their present lives.

Nice episode.
Nov 5, 2019 1:31 AM

Oct 2017
The backstories were sad but the way the presented it is kinda meh. I mean they just turned it into comedy and I dun see any reason to do that. The stories would have left much bigger impact if they were presented well. Also Mile's story was a lot more hectic than I thought it would be.

Nefregar said:

U mean the curious Chitanda look?
Nov 5, 2019 2:57 AM

Oct 2007
Reina has the worst back story among all of them. I won't be surprised if she wanted to kill robbers they've encountered.

Funny how Miles gained the sympathy of her rich classmate. So it was Marcelina who gave her those clothes. Also nice that Miles is self aware of the trope that she is a reincarnated person with broken powers. xD

Oh, and I'm a cat lover.. so I'm glad Miles is kind to cats. :)
Nov 5, 2019 4:00 AM

Oct 2008
This episode is almost perfect especially in story telling of all the girls in the events their early lives.
Harshest one would probably be Reina...
2nd (a bit harsh) would be Pauline
and not really that harsh is gonna be Mavis
and of course our MC is gonna be a past of holding back her power kind of events lolz!
5/5.

MegamiRem said:

Nefregar said:

U mean the curious Chitanda look?

LOLZ! WATASHI, KININARIMASU!

Nov 5, 2019 6:13 AM

Jun 2019
Just expected from previous episode. We got Reina's backstory in this episode.
Nov 5, 2019 7:23 AM

Dec 2016
DirectorK said:
Kimurah said:
Either you're an emotionless robot or the people that surround you have never taught you how empathy works.

Excuse me?! My Dad died earlier this year and four years before that my oldest brother, who introduced me to anime back when I was a kid in the 90s, died suddenly, leaving behind a wife and a newborn child that he never got to know. My whole family has had a troubled past but we always managed to pull through with each others support.

And yet you sit there and have the audacity to insult me by saying me that I have no sense of emotion or empathy? Consider yourself lucky that we're not talking to each face to face because you wouldn't be standing right now had you said that to my face.

I merely gave you a civilized response to your comment and you responded by insulting me and acting you know everything about me. You better learn to be more respectful towards others before it gets you into trouble.

Then again, if you understand the basics of empathy you should understand that a cold response like Pauline & Mile is far from being right and it would enfuriate the one telling the story, the very same way you now feel now enraged. If this was a pissing contest I could also pull out that I lost my sister in a violent robery at gun point a few years back and that destroyed my family and she also left a husband and 4 kids; I would had ended up with a smug face like Mile & Pauline giving you the message "is that all?"

But since I understand how delicate this kind of situations are, I'll extend an apology and give you my most sincery condolences, because that's how real people act and that's how Mile & Pauline should have acted.
Nov 5, 2019 8:08 AM

Apr 2015
I hate to be that guy but I just hope that this show won't end up as generic adventuring of the 4 of them.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Watashi, Nouryoku wa Heikinchi de tte Itta yo ne! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2019

125 by Vosson12564_cool »»
Mar 4, 4:01 PM

Poll: » Watashi, Nouryoku wa Heikinchi de tte Itta yo ne! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2019

89 by Old_Fart_61 »»
Jan 11, 7:29 PM

Poll: » Watashi, Nouryoku wa Heikinchi de tte Itta yo ne! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2019

89 by Old_Fart_61 »»
Jan 11, 7:18 PM

» Where do I pick up the light novel after the anime?

neil - Dec 23, 2019

8 by abyss_will »»
Dec 12, 2023 11:22 AM

» will this ever get a second season?

go1d1eaf - May 22, 2021

17 by NiQ1 »»
Oct 4, 2023 1:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.