Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 30, 2019 12:45 PM

Sep 2018
I never thought that this is going to be a 50 ep series but I'm glad that we will see Sora and the gang for 50 episodes

Manga readers do you think that this will adapt the entire manga or at least the latest volume since by MAL the manga is still ongoing
Oct 30, 2019 12:49 PM

Jan 2017
Was very pleasantly surprised to see the 50 when I went to update my episode count after finishing today's episode. Super happy, this is one of my top favourites this season, I'm definitely looking forward to the long journey.
Oct 30, 2019 12:54 PM
Oct 2016
Didn't expect that. Nonethless, that's good news. I enjoy it.
Oct 30, 2019 12:58 PM

Sep 2018
Vaniyaa said:
Was very pleasantly surprised to see the 50 when I went to update my episode count after finishing today's episode. Super happy, this is one of my top favourites this season, I'm definitely looking forward to the long journey.

Yeah I always feel sad at the end of the season when the shows I liked and didn't get a lot of traction end with a high chance that they won't get a season 2 so this news made me really happy
Oct 30, 2019 1:03 PM

May 2009
Oh wow, didn't expect that either. Long anime are so rare nowadays, especially the ones about sports. Only exception I can think of is Ace of Diamond. Not sure I'm gonna watch it till the end though. It just doesn't feel like it's gonna stay interesting enough for that, but who knows.
Oct 30, 2019 1:15 PM

Sep 2018
DeadlyRaven said:
Oh wow, didn't expect that either. Long anime are so rare nowadays, especially the ones about sports. Only exception I can think of is Ace of Diamond. Not sure I'm gonna watch it till the end though. It just doesn't feel like it's gonna stay interesting enough for that, but who knows.

Yea I kinda want series longer than 26 episodes it's kinda strange how back in the day, long airing shows were commonplace now it's really rare to see a show have over 26 episodes
Oct 30, 2019 1:54 PM

Sep 2018
They truly caught me off-guard with this announcement, I feel like this hasn't been hyped as much so I wasn't expecting a long adaptation. Though they defintely couldn't finish a complete story in 12 episodes with the show going at this pace.

I've never watched a show this long on-air, we'll see how I can keep up
Oct 30, 2019 2:35 PM
Apr 2012
JustARandomAnte said:
I never thought that this is going to be a 50 ep series but I'm glad that we will see Sora and the gang for 50 episodes

Manga readers do you think that this will adapt the entire manga or at least the latest volume since by MAL the manga is still ongoing

It's almost certain where will the anime end (around manga chapter 140~), they've even shown designs of characters that will appear on that part. It's not the end of the story (the manga has a little over 600 chapters, but it's on its final arc), but imo it's a very good place to stop a first season. And in those 140 chapters there's plenty of good content to have a solid anime.
Oct 30, 2019 2:40 PM

Sep 2018
lacters said:
JustARandomAnte said:

It's almost certain where will the anime end (around manga chapter 140~), they've even shown designs of characters that will appear on that part. It's not the end of the story (the manga has a little over 600 chapters, but it's on its final arc), but imo it's a very good place to stop a first season. And in those 140 chapters there's plenty of good content to have a solid anime.

600 chapters wow I dont really have high hopes of getting a second season since it doesnt seem that popular I dont know about the situation in Japan though since they have different tastes than us here in the west like Arifureta was received well in Japan and is getting a second season
Oct 30, 2019 2:49 PM

Mar 2013
Me, in tears: Thank you, anime Jesus.
Oct 30, 2019 6:27 PM

Aug 2018
Almost an entire year of this show : this is going to be my longest anime (single course, I ain't including those we received multiple seasons).
Oct 30, 2019 7:35 PM

Oct 2015
JustARandomAnte said:
DeadlyRaven said:

Yea I kinda want series longer than 26 episodes it's kinda strange how back in the day, long airing shows were commonplace now it's really rare to see a show have over 26 episodes
It's not really "strange", it much better to have a series divided into multiple seasons since that builds hype and 1 / 2-cour shows are more than enough to promote the source material, plus it's a safer way to understand which ones are worthy of pumping out more episodes.

All popular shounen nowadays have been coming out in batches of 1 / 2-cours at the time, with the exception of JoJo: Attack on Titan, Boku no Hero, Food Wars, 7 Deadly Sins, etc. are all already over 50 episodes and their seasons never exceed 2-cours, and they are all extremely popular.

As for Ahiru no Sora, well, it's because it's an old as fuck manga (released in 2003, dayum), so there are plenty reasons that I'm not aware of for it to have a 50-episode treatment, but two of them are, for sure, the fact that it already has an established fanbase from manga readers, and there's already a shit ton of material to adapt, so there's no problems with the anime getting too close to the manga.
Oct 30, 2019 8:27 PM
Jun 2014
so glad it's 50 eps, I'm really enjoying this show
Oct 30, 2019 10:09 PM

Jan 2019
Is it confirmed tho? I don't see news about it anyway
Oct 30, 2019 10:52 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
It's confirmed. The BD/DVD section is where we get the episode counts for the majority of airing series. http://ahirunosora.jp/video/detail.php?p=1&id=b4
Oct 30, 2019 11:14 PM

Nov 2014
Crazy, I didn't expect that at all. The pacing has been pretty decent and while it has it's issues I still enjoy it a good amount. 50 episodes is hype, I expect a lot of character development and matches :D
Oct 30, 2019 11:19 PM

Mar 2010
Was surprised when I checked my list and saw 50.
Oct 31, 2019 1:12 AM
Jul 2018
So it will air for almost around a year. Then it will probably be the longest airing anime I watched. I hope I don't have to drop it.
Oct 31, 2019 1:29 AM

Sep 2018
lavah said:
So it will air for almost around a year. Then it will probably be the longest airing anime I watched. I hope I don't have to drop it.

I like the cast of characters so I probably won't drop it since if the cast of characters is good then I won't drop it
Oct 31, 2019 1:34 AM
May 2019
Ahiru no Sora is, so far, easily one of the most enjoyable Anime that I've watched in a long time.

This is definitely great news.

Normally, about 3 episodes = 1 volume, so if they don't skip much then 50 episodes could cover around 16-17 volumes. The people that have read the manga can say if that's accurate or not (no spoilers).

Whether they end up adapting the whole Manga or not, I'm just happy this Anime exists lol
Oct 31, 2019 5:45 PM

Dec 2014
50 episodes of this goodness? Hell yeah!
Nov 1, 2019 12:06 AM

Jul 2012
I'm enjoying it a lot so far. It hasn't felt stale yet. The beginning was super bumpy (I hate watching bullying in sports anime) but it has improved a lot. I had felt that it would take 12+ episodes for the main team to start getting gud so this is a pleasant surprise that we're getting four cour, which means lots more matches which will be more fair when the main team has all their members ready to fight.
Nov 1, 2019 12:43 AM

Jan 2019
JustARandomAnte said:

completly the entire manga, even for side story still have connection to main story itself. i've already heard the rumors that ahiru no sora getting 50 episode / 4 cour split since 1 month before the shows airing tho
cl_skinnyguyNov 1, 2019 6:04 AM
Nov 1, 2019 3:03 AM

Sep 2018
BasshunterDOTA said:
JustARandomAnte said:

completly the entire manga, even for side story still have connection to main story itself. i've already heard the rumors that ahiru no sora getting 50 episode / 4 cour split since 1 month before the shows airing tho

Wouldnt that mean that a lot of content from the manga will not be in the anime since the manga has 600 chapters?
Nov 1, 2019 6:03 AM

Jan 2019
JustARandomAnte said:
BasshunterDOTA said:

Wouldnt that mean that a lot of content from the manga will not be in the anime since the manga has 600 chapters?

well let me fix it becs i forgot the manga itself already 600 chapter rofl (mistaken for still remembering around 250-300 chapter xd), anime probably covering up to 150-200 chapter (maybe)
Nov 1, 2019 9:39 AM

Sep 2018
BasshunterDOTA said:
JustARandomAnte said:

well let me fix it becs i forgot the manga itself already 600 chapter rofl (mistaken for still remembering around 250-300 chapter xd), anime probably covering up to 150-200 chapter (maybe)

Oh you scared me for a second there lol

Will the anime cover some good arcs?
Nov 1, 2019 3:12 PM

Apr 2016
To be honest, I was expecting something like that because I heard from manga readers that there were a lot of chapters to be adapted and that’s a good news.
Nov 3, 2019 6:47 PM

Mar 2019
Wow I just noticed on my list 50 episodes!! Didn't expect that at all. Hopefully it's worth sticking around for.
Nov 3, 2019 11:10 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
I know right!

Here’s my post from another discussion pretty much summarising my thoughts:

_MushiRock11_ said:
Whooping 50 confirmed by MAL!

I’d a feeling it’d be somewhere around 47-48 but it’s good to know that we’ll just about touch the half-century mark! I know it’s just a matter of 45-68 minutes or so but it is a rare milestone for anime these days so I’m super satisfied with this lol.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 4, 2019 8:31 AM

Aug 2018
50 Episode oh yeah this is going to be a lot of fun and hype
Nov 7, 2019 2:37 AM

Aug 2013
50 episodes sports anime wow I can't believe it,. the last I seen such an anime was Baby Steps. Now this is going to be a great ride.
Nov 8, 2019 3:08 AM

May 2015
I wouldn't be shocked if the "50 episodes" was actually just a soft count. Past two "50 episode" anime I watched were World Trigger and Black Clover (I dropped Black Clover tho) and they both ended up being longer than 50 episodes. Considering how the anime was announced around the same time as announcement of the manga's final arc I think they might actually just adapt the whole dang thing.
Nov 9, 2019 6:06 PM
May 2013
Yike.... I never thought I would see 50 episodes, until I noticed it today... shows I seen which had 50 episodes plus was World Trigger, Pokemon, Bourto, lol. mind me....I still got Diamond Ace to watch as well which is also longer (but not watch it yet).
Have Great Day =)
Animekid3

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Nov 9, 2019 6:06 PM
May 2013
PEDREIVAX said:
I wouldn't be shocked if the "50 episodes" was actually just a soft count. Past two "50 episode" anime I watched were World Trigger and Black Clover (I dropped Black Clover tho) and they both ended up being longer than 50 episodes. Considering how the anime was announced around the same time as announcement of the manga's final arc I think they might actually just adapt the whole dang thing.

Cool, that would be great as I really like this show.
Have Great Day =)
Animekid3

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Nov 10, 2019 4:52 PM

Sep 2018
Woahh!~ for the first time I will watch a 50 episodes (airing anime) I'm excited for the competition :) I like it so far..
Nov 12, 2019 5:35 AM
Jul 2016
JustARandomAnte said:
DeadlyRaven said:

yeah that's because we are in the age of internet now so getting a 50 episodes anime is kinda rare and were getting that more in the 90s/00s when people was watching anime on tv only and now most of the anime are 12 episodes since it's more suitable for streaming services.
Nov 13, 2019 10:16 AM

May 2012
You mean 50 episodes of boring slice of life/drama with barely any sport ?? And we have to endure looking at Chiaki ugly face

I really miss Kuroko's Basketball

If you want to watch drama then watch Hoshiai no Sora. it does better job than this show.
Nov 13, 2019 12:47 PM
Apr 2015
thepath said:
You mean 50 episodes of boring slice of life/drama with barely any sport ?? And we have to endure looking at Chiaki ugly face

If you want to watch drama then watch Hoshiai no Sora. it does better job than this show.

Chikai is the best charecter
Nov 18, 2019 2:14 PM
May 2016
well, Hidive needs to update. I'm excited, and worried this series is being made by DIO-Medea, and while they've made massive improvements in recent years especially, I've never known them to do more than two cours at most. I'm thinking they're either going to take a break at 25 like Jojo's part 3, Fire Force, or Alicization, or do an every other season thing like I Gintama(I believe). I'm excited and worried, I kinda like it.
Nov 19, 2019 12:50 PM

Feb 2017
Wow, this is good news. :)
Nov 19, 2019 5:16 PM

May 2017
thepath said:

Nah, Kuroko stinks. I'm a sucker for sport series, but just couldn't get into it. Tried it twice and ended up getting bored both times. The characters are awful and far too clicheed.

That tennis series looks good though. Only heard good things about it too. Might check it out soon.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ahiru no Sora Episode 50 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2020

77 by Henk-Devries »»
Feb 13, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Ahiru no Sora Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2019

45 by Hinata22525 »»
Nov 21, 2023 10:54 PM

Poll: » Ahiru no Sora Episode 26 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2020

37 by nightjasmine »»
Oct 12, 2023 1:51 AM

Poll: » Ahiru no Sora Episode 49 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2020

38 by mirco99 »»
Oct 8, 2023 2:57 PM

» Will there be a season 2 of Ahiru no Sora?

TheCryBabyHero - Jul 10, 2023

7 by DemiDaCactus »»
Aug 27, 2023 9:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.