Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 29, 2019 2:17 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, we got another practice game. It's important for the first years to learn their roles and Sawamura to test them.

I think Sawamura unexpectingly makes a decent teacher. Might not be too great but a decent one.
Oct 29, 2019 3:46 AM

Dec 2013
Sawamura has got some crazy stamina with that tyre.

I love that ending lmao
Oct 29, 2019 3:58 AM
Sep 2015
The best thing about Kuramochi being 18 years old is that I can sleep with him without getting arrested.
Oct 29, 2019 4:04 AM

Oct 2017
More training and practice match meh whatever. Anyway lol Asada learnt a good lesson and thats to not mess with Kuramochi. Also damn that short flashback of the third years made me nostalgic, really miss those guys.
MegamiRemOct 29, 2019 6:15 AM
Oct 29, 2019 4:04 AM

Jul 2014
So it seems that Okumura might be favored as the next catcher after Miyuki than Yui... let's see how that goes.

And that last scene was hilarious! I was 17 back when I started watching DnA for the first time... ah, the memories~
Oct 29, 2019 6:39 AM

Dec 2016
the final scene is so funny
don't mess with Kuramochi or will you pay
Oct 29, 2019 6:43 AM

Jul 2012
Man, yet again nothing of importance happened. It's kind of becoming tiring at this point and every episode feels like a tease. I think they could pick up the pace a bit.

Awesome signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 29, 2019 8:38 AM
Apr 2019
HDVision said:
Man, yet again nothing of importance happened. It's kind of becoming tiring at this point and every episode feels like a tease. I think they could pick up the pace a bit.

Its just a lot of tension building and I agree with you.

Wish they would do more practice games with some more name brand schools, though the preview showed it might be Inashiro next, hopefully we can see their new first year pitcher against Sedio.
Oct 29, 2019 8:51 AM

Oct 2009
HDVision said:

This here is the worst part: you say they should pick up the pace a bit, while at the same time we're actually skipping entire games, skipping several weeks - and with slideshows and flashbacks to show for it. (What on earth was it with Okumura staring at the scorebook that looked absolutely blurred af, as if he needed glasses or was crying, for several closeups???) We're here for baseball, or at least some off-field slice of life scenes, but we don't really much of either of those.

I mean, we saw some more of Okumura, I suppose? Not that any of it was really new, at least we've known him for long enough at this point that it couldn't surprise anyone. But at least there was a bit of Miyuki doing that other thing he does best: being a little shit. That's always fun, and so were the birthdays at the end. I don't believe for a second that that's their respective ages, they always act like utter dorks, both of them. xD
Oct 29, 2019 4:27 PM

Sep 2011
Interesting episode. Yui, and Koushuu were the main focus this time. Yui is also a catcher, and he didn't want to play as anything but a catcher at first, until Kataoka noticed his batting skills and wanted to turn him into an asset for the team, as a batter. He accepted of course, but even if it was because he wants to be a regular as soon as possible, I also believe he was honest when he said that he would do it if it would benefit the team. Then there's Koushuu, who refused Kataoka's request to catch for Sawamura, and made it clear that he wants to be promoted to the first-string as a catcher.

I mean, it's cool that he sticks to his vow and position, but he still came off as conceited to me. He had nothing to lose, but decided to be stubborn, and even made it clear to Miyuki that he wants his position. Well, there's nothing "bad" about wanting it, but he will have to wait until Miyuki graduates for sure, so no point in seeing him as a rival or something. Welp, I loved to see Sawamura running circles around him with his trusty tire, and I'm sure that Sawamurua enjoyed the two days in which he had the same age as Kuramochi, that was gold. xD Furuya said just what Yui needed to hear too, and I think Furuya is finally on the right track again too. Good episode.
Oct 29, 2019 5:14 PM

Oct 2015
Damn, Okumura is one arrogant piece of work, I think I don't like him. The bastard only cares about him and not what's best for the team, I really hope the coach doesn't promote him to first string and stay there with his stinking pride.

I wish he could learn a lot from Furuya, who by the way was willing to compromise his pride as a pitcher to be there for the team. I liked his perception towards comprising for position that he gave to Yui. At the end of the day it's not about you, but about taking the team forward and to new heights.

On a lighter note, the last scene was pretty chucklesome. I guess Eijun just can't win against Kuramochi:-)
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 30, 2019 4:18 AM

May 2011
I personally enjoy this type of episode haha.

karlstein12 said:

And that last scene was hilarious! I was 17 back when I started watching DnA for the first time... ah, the memories~

Oh dang, me too. That feeling when you age faster than the characters in the show haha.
Oct 30, 2019 6:46 AM

Feb 2012
Lmao Kuramochi holding for 2 days just to explode on Sawamura

γ€Œ To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Oct 30, 2019 6:53 AM

Oct 2019
phantomfandom said:
The best thing about Kuramochi being 18 years old is that I can sleep with him without getting arrested.

I've never seen anything so blatant in my life, but that's the most relatable mood ever lmfaooo
Nov 1, 2019 12:25 AM
Oct 2007
karlstein12 said:
So it seems that Okumura might be favored as the next catcher after Miyuki than Yui... let's see how that goes.

On the surface, that's what I thought at first too. But if you think about it more (provided I'm right), I think it's more on showing the pairing between Sawamura/wolf boy and Furuya/Yui. I don't think there will be a dominant catcher anymore after Miyuki leave. Miyuki is too imba and almost impossible to replace in this situation. So what makes up for it in logical sense is numbers. 2 is better than 1 :P
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 6, 2019 1:11 AM

May 2019
I hope that when Miyuki leaves, Sawamura will become the new captain.
Nov 20, 2019 7:08 AM

Apr 2019
Hmm, I admire Okumura for knowing damn well what he wants (to do/ to be), but not everything is going to go his way since this is a team sport.

Sawamura got 2 tire-buddies students now!

Ohh, bits of character development of Furuya during the talk with Yui.

The ending scene was funny! Lesson learnt xD
Dec 25, 2019 8:46 PM

Sep 2018
Kaoru should change position! He's a good hitter so it's more fit to him while Okumura will be the official catcher when Miyuki graduates. Wahhhhhhh!!!!!! I'm so teary eye right now. I can't let go Miyuki huhuhuhuhuhu

Great advice from Furuya❀️
lol Eijun got happy for 2 days only then Kuramochi is senpai again xD
Feb 11, 2020 6:49 AM

Feb 2013
Okumura was really brave there, not many would do what he did.
Apr 10, 2020 9:45 PM

Dec 2019
Ah man im kinda disappointed with this season, i mean it's been more than 30 episodes and we still only got one game from this season, the one with the fast team can't remember the name atm, ahh...
                                                         πŸ–€   

Aug 12, 2021 9:15 AM

Nov 2019
I can't stand Okumura - I hate him seriously.
Nov 4, 2021 4:05 PM

Jul 2015
Yui and Okumura are like total opposites regarding their willingness to change from catcher position, but I wouldn't say one is more correct than the other.

On a sidenote those two days Eijun is the 'same' age as Kuramochi must be hell lol.

May 10, 2022 3:01 AM

May 2021
HDVision said:

I guess many people DO feel like this, huh? I don't know I'm just really liking these practice matches as long as I can see Sawamura receiving recognitions here and there, by anyone at anywhere. So I really am enjoying these episodes and I don't see them tiring

That small birthday scene at the end is HILARIOUS πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
tinker3bellz1May 10, 2022 6:49 AM

𝑇𝐼𝑃𝑆 𝐼𝑁 𝐺𝐼𝑁𝑇𝐴𝑀𝐴
- NOT your usual shounen anime
- Pure comedy? DEAD WRONG
- Treat Gintama as SoL/weekly sitcom especially earlier seasons
- Ep 1 & 2 are for manga readers
- BIG patience for its 'slow' start

May 12, 2022 4:14 PM

Jul 2012
tinker3bellz1 said:
HDVision said:

I guess many people DO feel like this, huh? I don't know I'm just really liking these practice matches as long as I can see Sawamura receiving recognitions here and there, by anyone at anywhere. So I really am enjoying these episodes and I don't see them tiring

Gotta realize it also feels completely different if you're watching it now when the whole season is already long out. If you're watching as it is coming out you're being constantly blueballed for like weeks or months on end, because they are slowly building tension.
HDVisionMay 12, 2022 4:17 PM
Awesome signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 12, 2022 6:20 PM

May 2021
HDVision said:
tinker3bellz1 said:

Gotta realize it also feels completely different if you're watching it now when the whole season is already long out. If you're watching as it is coming out you're being constantly blueballed for like weeks or months on end, because they are slowly building tension.

Yeah I kinda forgot about that. Waiting for its release weekly must've been stressful.
(Just saying but I'm actually rewatching DnA now and I've watched it 2 years ago)

𝑇𝐼𝑃𝑆 𝐼𝑁 𝐺𝐼𝑁𝑇𝐴𝑀𝐴
- NOT your usual shounen anime
- Pure comedy? DEAD WRONG
- Treat Gintama as SoL/weekly sitcom especially earlier seasons
- Ep 1 & 2 are for manga readers
- BIG patience for its 'slow' start

Dec 23, 2022 12:57 PM

Oct 2015
Eijun and Kuramochi extra is my favorite lmao! XD
   HuaLian <3
Jul 19, 2023 9:44 PM

Aug 2019
“I’ve got it, I’ve got it, I’ve got it” was adorable 😭 and he actually got it. I’m glad Eijun is fielding too. Masahi got a homerun!!

Okumura as always is interested on how Eijun is doing.

I love seeing Eijun and Okumura together haha especially the running scene.

The tension is real, Okumura sure knows what he wants.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 52 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2020

58 by Nova22 »»
Mar 9, 5:56 PM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2019

74 by PrOxAnto »»
Dec 17, 2023 3:21 PM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 23, 2019

74 by PrOxAnto »»
Dec 15, 2023 12:14 PM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2019

31 by 1Konochi »»
Sep 14, 2023 11:35 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2019

31 by 1Konochi »»
Sep 8, 2023 4:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.